Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Learning to Bond with a Friend. (Vulpesen)

Vulpesen shrugged. "I'll have to set it up later. Besides, I've already got my studies on that and I'd rather have them available when I retire for the night." He continued to walk, his eyes glancing around to occasionally catch a glowing tail or nose as the Ashlan's went about their business, often disappearing behind some branch or leaf after a brief appearance. He continued to enjoy the occasional lights until a hand was felt on his should and a voice went off on his ear. He could tell immediately, This is not Alex. His saber snapped off his belt and pressed itself to Josh's stomach out of pure instinct. Then, it hit him. That voice. He recognized it. It wasn't Alex but he trusted it just as much. Another moment. Another heartbeat and the weapon clattered to the ground. "... Sir." Sith or not, Vulpesen respected [member="Joshua DragonsFlame"] above all other men he had ever known. He wanted to speak, but he couldn't. He had no words. There was no shame in his being, but there was fear. Certainly fear and plenty of it.
[member="Alexandra Cinthra"]

Alexandra Feanor

The Lady in Silver/Grey Historian
[member="Joshua DragonsFlame"]

"Son of a queen Josh... you scared me half to d-..." Then she was faced with his words, first they shocked her, then they hurt, she looked hurt above all but then the one word shot her right through. It wasn't a word of hate, but rather the words that had been said in reference to their relation, and while she shook her head the words came far more slowly and before a word came a simple tackle and hug from Alexandra. "WHERE THE FLYING KARK HAVE YOU BEEN."

She stepped back and let her breathing return to normal before she spoke once more, smoothing out her robes. "Ok, several things. A: I am not a Sith, i am merely... stuck with them for now, and Vulpesen here did it for his own reasons, and secondly we are not, that is not the reason.... there is no relationship like what you described between us Joshua. Thirdly, Vulpesen is no different than before, you should see what the Jedi Order has become in the first place before you judge the actions of those that are not you Joshua..."

With her rant ended she breathed in and then smiled again and calmed herself. "Perhaps you would like to tell us where you even went?"

The way Josh stared at his friends told the story. The man was heartbroken. If you looked and felt, you could tell... Beneath that pissed off, cold exterior, he was close to tears. He'd just seen in front of him the two people that threw their beliefs away to serve something that hurt people... Destroyed lives for the sake of their own personal gain... He was hurt. He was upset.

He didn't budge when Alex tackled him into a hug, looking down at her as he heard her words. He gauged Vulpesen's reaction as well. The respect was still there... He could feel it. But while he respected Vulpesen, it had dwindled after seeing what he had become.

First, her question. Josh stared at her for a moment, taking in everything, before suddenly turning to stare right into the figurative soul of Vulpesen... The Jedi Master was steaming.

"You want to know where I've been?" he asked, looking from Alex to Vulpesen, from Darth to Lady Darth. And finally, he stopped in front of Vulpesen. "I WAS DOING WHAT YOU SHOULD HAVE BEEN DOING!" he would suddenly let out, loudly. This would likely be the first time Vulpesen would hear Josh yell at him, or anyone. Josh was generally very cool headed, able to remain relaxed and compassionate in any situation. This wasn't the Josh they knew.

He let his eyes stare into those of Vulpesen, like they could kill him just by staring. "I left the Jedi. I know FULL WELL what they've become. Why do you think I left?" he asked coldly. "I left. People cut contact with me. I cut contact with the rest. I studied, I learned, I trained... And when I saw an opportunity to fulfill my promise, I took it. I SWORE to protect innocents from the horrors of this galaxy, and I fulfilled it. I've taken to spending my time planning for and then highhandedly attacking slave camps, liberating slaves wherever I go. Stopping criminals wherever I go. Stopping Sith during their pursuits wherever I go. I've worked from the shadows, away from the public eye... Away from the corruption of those that pretend to be Jedi"

"I know what they've become Vulpesen... Alex..." he said, cracking his neck. "But YOU" he suddenly snapped over at Vulpesen. "YOU know better" he chatized as if he were the Grandmaster all over again... "You know just as well as I do that there is more then just being a part of the Jedi and Sith. You didn't have to break your oath, turn around and then start killing innocents as well as those that you once called your brothers and sisters... You could have found your own path. But instead, you backstabbed everyone who ever trusted you. It's disgusting. It's despicable. You have no idea how disappointed I am in you" he lectured, shaking his head. "I'm disappointed in Alex too, but you? I trusted you. And you took my trust and spit right in my face. I feel insulted and disrespected just being here talking to you" he snapped.

"What do you have to say for yourself?" he asked coldly. He ignored the question about his girlfriend comment. It was his dry attempt at a joke within all the turmoil. There was still Josh in there yet...

Alexandra Feanor

"Speak for yourself Joshua, but everyone has reasons for doing what they did and neither i nor Vulpesen had any reason to regret what we did. The whole reason we are even here is to escape the Sith for just a small time while we can. And while i cannot defend Vulpesen, the Sith have something i -NEED-, something that was torn from my being and i will have it back before i leave the sith... And if you want any indication of my loyalties and me being a Sith." She yanked her hair out of the way of the dark mark once more, a small symbol on the right side of her neck.

"Its a dark mark, it grows with ones influence in the Darkside, notice how damn small mine is Dragonsflame, that should tell you damn near everything about my state of being considering the Dark Side and the SIth..." She paused and found herself out of breath, her new Ashlan companion looking up at her as the amount of, not anger, but hurt that came from her was colossal in voice as he accused her and her friend to be no better than the Sith she so wanted dead... there was a problem though, what he said about Vulpesen was correct, while Vulp's reasoning was not something Alexandra understood he had still betrayed the Jedi order.

[member="Joshua DragonsFlame"] [member="Darth Tsolan"]

Vulpesen twitched at Josh's onslaught. He had nothing to say. What defense did he have? Killing innocent. He was a sith what else could be exp- a flash in his mind. A pair of burning ember eyes, brimming with ears and a blue face covered in blood. Was this a vision? The force? No, it couldn't be. They were on Myrkyrr. So waht could it b- Another flash. A glowing blue tail and a snout ducking the child's head down. ACE! This time Vulpesen finally turned around, squaring his shoulders with the master and his own eyes stared back. "Cery'mareh'nikso" He took a step forward. "Cery'mareh'nikso. A young chiss child. Innocent but part of a royal family. He spent a night covered in bodies. Bodies I created. True, I've killed as a sith. But the jedi are useless. Their politics prevent peace. And while they fight among themselves and depose men like you, the sith kill families. Yeah, I joined the sith. Yeah, I killed guards for just doing their job. But I saved a child's life. Every night I have nightmares. Ace howls for those sorrowful red eyes. I didn't join the sith because I liked them and they know it. I joined them because now I can save those lives that the jedi can't. I'm tired of fighting. I want to save and in my time with them, I have decided. This betrayal is not one sided. The jedi left me long before I walked out. I got tired of standing out in the cold. When you left them, YOU LEFT ME! I ADAPTED, I SURVIVED, I MOVED ON!" His eyes sparked a bright gold for a short moment and his voice boomed between a growl and a bark. Harsh and real. He was tired of respecting people and being treated like a rag in return. It was time Josh saw that. He hated the part of a pawn. He longed to be a player. That's why he was here. To leap off from the djarik board and into the player's seat.

Alexandra Cinthra said:
"Speak for yourself Joshua, but everyone has reasons for doing what they did and neither i nor Vulpesen had any reason to regret what we did. The whole reason we are even here is to escape the Sith for just a small time while we can. And while i cannot defend Vulpesen, the Sith have something i -NEED-, something that was torn from my being and i will have it back before i leave the sith... And if you want any indication of my loyalties and me being a Sith." She yanked her hair out of the way of the dark mark once more, a small symbol on the right side of her neck.

"Its a dark mark, it grows with ones influence in the Darkside, notice how damn small mine is Dragonsflame, that should tell you damn near everything about my state of being considering the Dark Side and the SIth..." She paused and found herself out of breath, her new Ashlan companion looking up at her as the amount of, not anger, but hurt that came from her was colossal in voice as he accused her and her friend to be no better than the Sith she so wanted dead... there was a problem though, what he said about Vulpesen was correct, while Vulp's reasoning was not something Alexandra understood he had still betrayed the Jedi order.

[member="Joshua DragonsFlame"] [member="Darth Tsolan"]
Josh's gaze turned soft as he looked over at her, and nodded as he allowed her to speak. The girl always seemed to have an excuse... A reason to do harm, something wrong with her. Quite frankly, he was sick of it. But it was... As it was.

"I understand" he said calmly, seeming to return, for now, to the man they knew. Or, the serious side anyway. The charming and witty side that Josh knew Alexandra adored had yet to come out, and may not come out for quite some time. "Then all I can do is ask of you a boon. Keep Vulpesen in check" he said quietly, staring into her eyes. "He has fallen down a dark path, one you have walked time and time again. Keep him from committing the atrocities that define a monster, a monster he is slowly becoming... Then get your... Thing... And leave. You, just as well as Vulpesen, know that the Sith and Jedi orders aren't the only options"

He would then turn, to listen, as Vulpesen began to speak...

Darth Tsolan said:
Vulpesen twitched at Josh's onslaught. He had nothing to say. What defense did he have? Killing innocent. He was a sith what else could be exp- a flash in his mind. A pair of burning ember eyes, brimming with ears and a blue face covered in blood. Was this a vision? The force? No, it couldn't be. They were on Myrkyrr. So waht could it b- Another flash. A glowing blue tail and a snout ducking the child's head down. ACE! This time Vulpesen finally turned around, squaring his shoulders with the master and his own eyes stared back. "Cery'mareh'nikso" He took a step forward. "Cery'mareh'nikso. A young chiss child. Innocent but part of a royal family. He spent a night covered in bodies. Bodies I created. True, I've killed as a sith. But the jedi are useless. Their politics prevent peace. And while they fight among themselves and depose men like you, the sith kill families. Yeah, I joined the sith. Yeah, I killed guards for just doing their job. But I saved a child's life. Every night I have nightmares. Ace howls for those sorrowful red eyes. I didn't join the sith because I liked them and they know it. I joined them because now I can save those lives that the jedi can't. I'm tired of fighting. I want to save and in my time with them, I have decided. This betrayal is not one sided. The jedi left me long before I walked out. I got tired of standing out in the cold. When you left them, YOU LEFT ME! I ADAPTED, I SURVIVED, I MOVED ON!" His eyes sparked a bright gold for a short moment and his voice boomed between a growl and a bark. Harsh and real. He was tired of respecting people and being treated like a rag in return. It was time Josh saw that. He hated the part of a pawn. He longed to be a player. That's why he was here. To leap off from the djarik board and into the player's seat.

He remained calm and cold as Vulpesen yelled at him, and let loose his feelings. That soft speaking Josh had just exhibited with Alexandra faded just like that. Here we go again...

"You're a fool" he simply said. "You fail to listen to me. You disgrace the title of Master that you earned in the deeds you commit, Vulpesen. Do my words, my attempts to reason with you despite all you've done mean nothing?" he asked, tilting his head, the heartbreak evident in his eyes. He was attempting to calm down, but still try and remain stoic and calm without breaking into a fit of tears. "It hurt me to leave, but I didn't abandon anyone... That incarnation of the Jedi Order abandoned me. But instead of doing what you did, and lashing out, betraying those I loved, and doing the opposite of what I swore to do... I committed myself to doing my sworn duty without the construct system of the Jedi Order. I'm a grown man, I don't need a council of puppets telling me to go free slaves. I free slaves because it is my sworn duty, and because it is what makes me happy"

"Don't you get it?" he asked. "You had options. But your feeble brain is once again on a one track mind to terrible decisions. And those decisions have cost people LIVES, Vulpesen. You have torn apart families, you have ended innocent lives, and for what? A cause you say you don't believe in? What is this? An attempt to spite the so called Jedi Order? Well, you got a real Jedi riled up instead, and he's right in front of you ready to stab you in your Darthly mouth" he said, cracking his neck. "You continue to fail to see the bigger picture. There is more then just the Jedi Order and the One Sith, do you understand what I'm saying? All you've done is destroy everything you worked so hard for, and break every vow you ever made. You backstabbed me, and you betrayed me. You were my friend, someone I could trust... And you broke my heart"

That last part came out as a whisper in the wind, the Jedi Master closing his eyes. That was the first time he had shown a crack in the armor vocally. Shown just how much Vulpesen turning had effected the man who had seen him as a confidante and trusted friend, a man he saw as an equal.

Vulpesen let out a small sigh as he was scolded. "I listen but your blind accusations make your words senseless. I remember every face I killed. I hurt a lot of men. I killed fifteen chiss guards. Each man was thrown onto a child so that he might live. You don't understand. The sith destroyed families. I made sure that a child didn't die. You do what you have to to defend the galaxy where you are. I'll do it form here. I run in packs and I hae Alex and Ace to keep me alive. I hate every moment someones hurt but thats why I'm here. You say there's other options. Well guess what. I'm searching for them. I can't tell you everything, hell I can't tell you a damned thing just like I can't tell Alex why she's here. What I can say, is for once in your life. Look at my actions. See where I stay my blade and see that I swing when another is at my neck. Watch closely and trust me. I'm no jedi. I never was and despite your illusions, you know that. Just keep an eye and an ear out to see what tricks this fox can pull." There was a high chance everything he said would fall on deaf ears. Not that he could blame Josh, even he would find the words dubious in the circumstances. But still, he reached to his belt and pulled out a comlink like the one he had given Alex. "It has one frequency. Never call it. Just wait." He tossed the device to [member="Joshua DragonsFlame"]. Despite the master's words, he did see the bigger picture. He had come here not only to look at it, but to study it and discover it. There was something bigger, something that called to him. He just needed to find out what.

Alexandra Feanor

With Vulpesen's words Alexandra let the silence settle for a moment before speaking without letting Joshua have the chance to return words that would only make this useless conversation continue. "Lets find somewhere to sit, i think we all need to relax for the moment as i can be assured none of us has a level head on our shoulders and i want to see things end like they should and with us still as we were before... Also Josh, i promise you that i will keep Vulpesen from doing anything that you suspect him of doing. And a Second thing, dont tell me what to do, you are not my father there Grandmaster blondie."

She now turned her head to Vulpesen, a silent but clear phrase on her face as she motioned with her head to a shaded area, half pleading he let the words go and not continue this conversation as she had had enough conflict for one day. "Remember..." She started as she moved closer and spoke in the light soft voice she had spoke in more often now as she looked up at him. "... we came here to get away from the sith and their wars and death, please let it go and lets return to what was happening before, i see enough of that anger and hurt when we fight for the Sith, let it go while we are normal and not touched by the force for once. If you don't ill hit you in the back with my pistol and tie you up while i explain the holiday to our newcomer and truly attempt to explain it to the Ashlan."

[member="Darth Tsolan"] [member="Joshua DragonsFlame"]

Josh let out a sigh as he listened to Vulpesen. "You've become blind and foolish, Vulpesen. Consumed by the dark side" he said calmly as he folded his arms, closing his eyes, allowing himself to relax. There was no need to address a violent Sith with more violence... No need to stoop to their level.

"For every family you destroy, what happens to that child you save?" he asked. "Where do they go after you've "Saved" them? Their parents are dead, you've probably killed their caretakers. They are lost and alone in a dangerous galaxy that will give them a worse fate then you would have given them by just killing them. Bigger picture, Vulpesen" he lectured calmly. "For every "man" I have killed, hundreds of slaves have been freed. For every Sith I take down, a civilization breathes a sigh in relief as they are free as well. For every child I save, I save the happiness of their parents, and for every parent I save, I save the happiness, future and well being of their child. Mindless murder isn't the answer, it never was. While death is inevitable, slaughter is not what you're looking for"

"But you talk of still searching for another option, Vulpesen..." he began. "You see, I've been trying to drill this into your head since I came here. There IS another option. At your core, you are a Jedi. Not some violent, soulless, heartless Sith Lord as you like to call yourself. The Vulpesen I know still remains, under a shadow of darkness. You want your other option, Vulpesen? Look at me. Look at a man who once considered you a close friend, and respected you for being a Jedi while others only were Jedi in name. But again... Look at me. Look at a man who takes commands from no Order, no Council, no corrupt Grandmaster in an order of puppets. Look at the peace in my eyes, the tranquility, the calm after the storm I have found. I have found my place, where I can be the Jedi I want to be without taking orders from a lie. I have allowed myself to hide out, and I spend my time training myself, educating myself... Becoming a better Jedi. And when I am satisfied, I do research on criminal movements, slave rings, troubles to this galaxy that I have sworn to serve. And then I leave my hiding place, to risk everything as being a Jedi dictates. It is my job, my role and my life. My life is dedicated to the Force, and to serving and protecting this galaxy. I am a Jedi Guardian... Always will be. My life is centered around two things. Serve and Protect. And when I leave that hiding place, I go and do just that. I free slaves, I stop crime rings, I stop the operations of the Sith from whichever place I can. And then I slip back to where I came from, to overview what I did good and what I did wrong, to improve myself to better bring peace to this galaxy in future. And to be honest... I'm happy this way" he said with a small smile. "I am doing what you and I have wanted to do, but have been held back from by the corruption of the so called Jedi Order" he said quietly. "And there's nothing stopping you from doing the same, while at the same time humanizing yourself. Settle down, find a home to call your own... Marry, have children, live your life as a human being, unlike what the Order wouldn't allow.. While never forgetting your calling, and the oath you have sworn to this galaxy"

He smirked over at Alexandra, who he had ignored when she tried to interrupt him. "I may not be your father, Miss Alexandra, but I am someone who is looking out for the best interests of you both. I left my sanctuary for something that is not my usual, all just for the two of you. If you can't say I'm not looking out for you, you may best be lying to yourselves" he said calmly. "It's best we sit down then, aye. But allow me to bring my guest to the table, who's been waiting for me"

He looked back at the entrance and whistled. "John! It's clear!" he called. On cue, the ground would start shaking from every step, as something emerged from the shadows behind the entrance. A wyvern sized dragon, dark blue with tints of red along his wings would step forward, coming to his master, who smiled as the dragon lowered his head to allow him to pat his head. If Vulpesen remembered Josh during his time in the Order, he would recognize the dragon as the tiny hatchling that had patiently seated himself on Josh's shoulder while the Jedi Master conducted his business.

[member="Darth Tsolan"]

A small frown touched Vulpesen lips as he listened to Joshua's words. "I know and accept the consequences of my actions. I will do what I an for I have chosen my path. The most that you can do now, is watch and wait." Was he grieved about the deaths he had caused, of course he was though Josh would be unable to sense that much due to obvious reasons, but there was something stuck in his mind. Some death's were necessary, even the most devout jedi had to believe that. All he was doing was choosing what deaths those were. As for when Joshua called John, Vulpesen rose an eyebrow at the creature. "Well hello there old friend." He didn't even need to ask if the dragon could still fly since his size would have made the tunnel entrances impossble to enter, leaving his only option to be the top of the dome. "Oh and Alex, Master Dragonsflame knows of Zeltros. He was there."

[member="Joshua DragonsFlame"] [member="Alexandra Cinthra"]

Alexandra Feanor

"I know he does, you told me already Fox face." She smiled and leaned forward with her head in her hand as she looked between [member="Joshua DragonsFlame"] and [member="Darth Tsolan"]. Her eyes studying each of them with a stare that bottled down to nothing more than a waiting glance. "Soooo you been good off on your own Joshua, you should visit more often, i have a home on Alderaan now, well a bigger one than the last one. Its cool i guess..." She tapped her fingers on her chin as she talked, trying to keep the mood light as Daeda, her new companion, appeared out of her robes once more and looked at the man that Alexandra was focused on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom