Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Law or Chaos?

Lawful or Chaotic?

• Total voters

EmKay

I play lawful typically, though it doesn't necessarily mean I follow the local laws. I just don't go out of my way to break things, and I don't consider myself random enough in my characters to be Chaotic. It's a weird thing, perhaps I'm actually neutral but it's honestly hard to tell.

[member="Rhoujen"]

Lawful Neutral is the archtype that fits what you describe. Do keep in mind DnD alignments are interpreted in a metric truckload of ways, even more so depending on what part of the spectrum you fall in yourself. For a Lawful Good you appear as Neutral Good, while to a Lawful Evil you appear as True Neutral.

Neutral. I'm neither a selfish brat or a stickler to the system. I can do what needs to be done, and not worry about what the laws say is right or wrong. As a quote I once saw put it, a Paladin must do what's lawful. A rouge is free to do what's right.

Neutral good is probably my alignment. So.....

Ak'lya said:
A Paladin must do what's lawful
That's called Lawful Stupid. A paladin worth his salt that is not fallen does not value the law as the utmost moral compass, unless he is pretending to be Judge Dredd. For example, say you have a thief that stole a loaf of bread to feed his family. Lawful Stupid will send him to prison for stealing, fine the family, then go around killing people. A proper paladin would reprimand the man for his decision, praise him for the risk he underwent to aid his loved ones, warn him about the consequences next time, then give him some coin to feed his family / some food / a work place.

Nyxie

【夢狐】
Hmm. I personally lean towards an odd mix between Chaotic Neutral and Chaotic Good, as Aynea is completely against the limitations of the "Law" system but isn't really a paragon either. It's more of a "the world doesn't know how to be true and Good, so I follow my own way" but isn't truly Neutral to the point of self-interest in that she believes she is working for the betterment of that world.

All in all, Chaotic Good. - kark the rules. Kick Sith shebs.

Alexandra Feanor

The Lady in Silver/Grey Historian
Chaotic is the most annoying one because for one reason, few people play it in such a way its not annoying or just them doing something that would make no sense. I mean, sure Lawful is bland and you can easily see what they might due, and Neutral is by far the best because you are able t simply do what your character would view as the best thing in the moment. But Chaotic is literally nine times out of ten someone being 'lolinsane' or random. And in the words of Hellsing abridged. "They are just crying for attention."

Edit:

Alexandra - True Neutral originally, now True Good (Neutral Good)
Glyph - True Good
Yusan - LAwful Good originally, Lawful evil now.
Ellain - Lawful good
Solan - True Neutral
Eve - Neutral Evil

Saera Willamina Savan

~+--- Skaidra ---+~ Beskarsmith, Alchemist
Saera's a True Neutral.
Tries to do the right thing but is willing to bend the rules sometimes.
Isn't really centered Good or Evil, just trying to live life by.

This is a common disposition for average Joe's and creatures. Basically no set inclinations. Easy to play.

Neutral Evil.

I don't follow laws or codes, nor do I go around acting on a random whim. While I may stick to one or the other on occasion, I always go with what I think is best. But I am evil, and no matter what is "best" for the galaxy, my plans come first.

Lawful states that the law is the law. The law would say that the theif would go to prison. Lawful Evil would do as you described for lawful stupid, because it's what the law demands, after all. Lawful good would still send him to prison, but help his family get by.

Alexander Nester said:
reprimand the man for his decision, praise him for the risk he underwent to aid his loved ones, warn him about the consequences next time, then give him some coin
Many rulers and leaders would see this as aiding crime. A stern reprimand and warnings means nothing if there is nothing reinforced. The praise for a crime implies that is was the right thing.

@Ak'lya

Many rulers and leaders would not give much of a care in an average DnD setting, especially since the theft is based around a loaf of bread. But you are also correct in that it's not entirely lawful, as the example I gave placed Good over Law. One that places Law over Good would send him to prison and assist the family, as you said. The important thing is, these two examples are perfectly good paladins, because they balance Good and Law, and avoid the new guy trap of either being Judge Dredd or Smug Jesus

Lawful is the best. Because anarc-...

I shouldn't talk about that, I guess. My personal experience has shown me any kind of political/moral discussion in such places is stupid.

But my opinion on Law being the best stands.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom