Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dominion Kirdo in Chains | RTL Dominion of Kirdo III

DAFO0Gf.png

Objective II: Freedom Trail | Location: Kirdo III | Soundtrack: Run Forever

FWl8Viq.png

The Padawan watched unblinkingly as both Mishel Mishel and Kurayami Bloodborn Kurayami Bloodborn moved like wolves among the sandstorm, prowling through the dust to take down the patrols without so much as a yelp from the guards. Were he not on the shorter side for a 13 year old, he might have been able to follow suit.

Instead, he’d have to get creative. Outsmarting someone bigger and stronger than himself was a skill he practiced to perfection growing up on Anaxes. Cailen had to be sly, agile, and adaptable. He waited for the all-clear to move ahead, then darted from behind the rusted barrier to join Master Kryze deeper in the camp.

The storm obscured his small frame well, and the goggles helped him peer through the clouded atmosphere. He spotted another pair of guards a short distance away, seemingly unaware of their fallen comrades. Cailen pointed toward them.

“Master,” he said lowly, “two more.”

He swallowed hard, sizing them up in his head before adding, “I’ll take them.”

Before Mishel could comment or protest, the boy slipped away, darting like a vulptex between piles of scrap as he drew nearer to the guards. Their path was leading them away from the Jedi, their backs turned and open to an unexpected attack.

‘What am I doing, what am I doing?’ reverberated through his mind, but his feet and legs kept moving nevertheless.

Cailen instinctively reached for his lightsaber, but instead he took the second defunct one into his hands. An idea was rolling around in his head.

The emitter was broken and the crystal inside had been cracked, but Tarus’ lightsaber was always a little heavier at the end. Weighted to complement his dueling style. It’d make an excellent bludgeon.

Pushing his feet hard off the ground, Cailen dashed forward using the Force to augment his speed. He was upon the unsuspecting guards in moments, and just as they began to notice his presence, the Padawan sent a powerful Force Push into the man on the right. Before the still-standing guard could react, Cailen was mid-swing with the unlit saber hilt, smashing it into the man’s temple.

When it connected, Cailen spun on his heels with the weapon coming around hard. It struck the fallen man in the forehead as he tried to rise to his feet. When the spectacle was over, both men lay unconscious in the sand.

Cailen flashed a look of both pride and disbelief.

For once, he wasn’t the prey. He wasn’t the one running, hiding, defending.

Pyeth purred his gamble appearing to pay off. The cease of hostility meant he could focus again on the task at hand, "Oh, thank you. It is most kind of you to offer food."

His bubbling nature rested, replaced by a nervousness that helped underpin his recent activities. He sensed a tinge of regret, "A most precarious situation Dr Rose. Your employer's are dangerous people, what happened after you discovered the truth?"

Pyeth followed behind as the Rose ordered, he was taken deep into the ships hull. He studied the contents, running a wing across the control panels. Many of them remained active, "Most appear to be intact. Although I had no idea their operations were so... Expansive." He turned back to Dr Rose.

"I will contact my superiors, they'll be able to extract us, and help excavate these poor souls. Will you help me move the rest outside before the storm hits? I should warn you, they may have many questions for you."

Tides of Change

rZLzSG5.png

Tags: Drowa Drowa | Kurayami Bloodborn Kurayami Bloodborn | Mishel Mishel | Shar Vida
Objective 2: Freedom Trail

In the sand dunes of KIRDO III...

DPFKiwm.png

2aOs44i.png
While Kurayami Bloodborn Kurayami Bloodborn moved in and Mishel Mishel took charge of the Padawans, Elias veered off to the East, bringing his speeder bike to the opposite side of the camp. According to lead Ranger’s map, a pair of holding cells were just ahead on the edge of the slavers’ perimeter. Elias knew that Drowa Drowa felt out of his element in direct confrontation, and figured cracking maglocks would suit the young Jawa perfectly.

He pushed his voice into the boy’s mind once again, careful not to overwhelm Drowa with the plan he’d concocted.

<“Based on these scans, there’s two prison cells just over the ridge. I’ll keep watch, cover you from any patrols, while you bust into the locks.”>

He kept his eyes on the approaching ridge ahead, but he could sense the Padawan’s apprehension in the Force. Elias looked over his shoulder, a reassuring smile on his face.

Utinni, y’eyeta!” he said in Drowa’s native tongue. I little encouragement in the words he knows best.

Last edited:
VVVDHjr.png

ARTIFICER + JEDI
RIMWARD JEDI COALITION

K I R D O

DAFO0Gf.png

Kurayami and Cailen took off, and suddenly Mishel thought to herself, this is what this feels like... She often took off from Coren's view without so much as a blink. Mishel followed after Cailen moved to take out guards who might've been, or could have been alerted to the commotion. Using the sand to her advantage she summoned it through the Force to obscure the other guards' visions. This afforded the Jedi Master time to approach Cailen and the downed guards. "Remember why we're here, Cailen." Cautioned Mishel, her hazel-green eyes narrowed slightly, "I'm glad you brought them down, just be careful next time, alright?"

That translated into, no running off. Running off like that caused Mishel plenty of heartaches, and indeed Coren as well. "C'mon, the cells should be down here," whispered Mishel who signaled for Kurayami to follow as well. Undoubtedly the Rangers and other Jedi were making quick work of the guards at the derelict vessel. They needed to release the captives and get them to safety. Releasing the sand from the Force's grasp she returned to cover kneeling down beside a crate. Quietly she moved from one crate to another, doing her best to stay in the shadows.

Regrouped with Kurayami, "alright, on my mark, we take these guards."

There were three of them right in front, all talking to each other. "Three, two, one - go."

"Good work, Padawan, alright we're just about there. You and Mr. Bloodborne take the captives back out the way we came, should be clear of guards. I'll be right behind you,"
Mishel ordered Cailen and then looked over at Kurayami as the retrofitted cells lay before them. Moving out ahead, she started work on freeing the captives.

Veino Garn Veino Garn | Nathan Bloodscrawl Nathan Bloodscrawl | Corbin Vasher Corbin Vasher

Head tilted a fraction there once Veino mentioned wanting them alive.

This is not what Ocano would have done.

However.

"I apologize for executing the ones outside the building then. I assumed you'd want their plague to be wiped off the planet." Inclining his head in apology before studying the building once more. "But very well. I will render assistance in subduing these vermin." That was the least that he could do in the moment.

From his utility belt Ocano revealed a thin opaque canister.

"It will be risky to breach it. We might accidentally kill them if they resist."

Which would have been just fine with the Imperial Knight, but apparently the Jensaarai operated differently. It was... an interesting approach. Send a message by letting them live and gain their knowledge.

"This cannister has a non-lethal gas that can incapacitate them. If one of us distracts them, the other can sneak around the back and deposit it into the ventilation system."

Azure moved though the ship with the scout on his tail, answering what questions he could as they went, most were easy enough to answer, even if the subject was a dire one. Still it gave him time to calm down and think about what his next move would be. He was now out of a job on two fronts and a vacation sounded incredibly nice, even if it was just spent going back and telling his mentor how much of a failure he was at going out and not getting into a situation that didn’t involve violence and mercenary work, that was going to be a fun conversation.

But the scout? The scout knew none of that, it allowed him to unload his emotions on someone removed from the situation, even if they were likely judging him as he spoke. Or at least that’s what he wanted to do, old habits coming to the forefront as he started delivering a brief mission report.

“I drugged them with a sedative. Took minor damage from a grazed shot from one of them before the ship started going hay-wire and I had to dig through at least 4 layers of encryption to stop the da…, it from taking a nosedive, only managing to get myself strapped in and the autopilot engaged before the forces tried to throw me into a wall” He let his words hang there, it was easy enough to put together what happened to the slavers after that and if not? well the still bloody marks on one area of the ships hall would do the rest.

“Slavers do seem to be full of surprises'' he muttered darkly as the avian inspected the controls, his past bubbling to the surface and flashes of hatred and fear pressing against his psyche. A deeper breath taken as they moved further into the cargo hold in a attempt to try and regain some of his lost control, he could panic later when he was in a safer location, “I sorted out what I could with the before making camp, needed to make sure there were no signals that would broadcast my location to….my former employers allies” it wasn’t working, panic was welling up as the emotions threatened to burst out, this had been way too much in way to small span of time and…..

he stopped in place, frozen in mid-motion as he turned to look incredulously at the taller sentient. His mind bluescreening in a mixture of befuddlement and exasperation as Pyeth’s words finished registering

“I’m sorry, what? How do you expect me to carry one of them?” he gestured to his arms in some sort of comedy routine of an inflatable bendy man “I have nowhere near the torque or leverage to carry one of them even with help and any machine that was capable of moving them was to damage in the crash to fix in any reasonable timeframe” Was... was this guy serious?… perhaps he wasn’t the only one who got shocked by the vaporator…or perhaps blunt force trauma to the head?

Pyeth Raffinki Pyeth Raffinki | Open

Lossa Darcuhl Lossa Darcuhl

It watched calmly as the body dropped to the ground.

Now they had a source to interrogate and potentially someone who could assist them with the repairs of this ship. In a way that wouldn't cause their imminent deaths. At least, Lossa's death and its deconstruction. It had never thought about life, until it was placed in this human's body. Suddenly life became interesting and fun and exciting. It knew that this was a consequence of the neurotransmitters and chemicals surging through the human's brain, influencing it.

But Solari did not mind.

"I do not blend in?" Solari blinked, shook out of its mental process, as Lossa pointed this out to him. "What makes me not blend in?" It pinched his cheek and ensured all the meat was still on the human's skull.

It certainly was.

It checked his hands and while a bit bloody from the fight, they were certainly intact.

"I am a perfectly viable human specimen, ma'am. In fact, according to my observations, I am considered highly attractive at the same time." It was a strange observation however. Humans were attracted to the most random things. Finely-sculpted jawlines, cheekbones, dark moody eyes, a prominent nose.

These features seemed to come together to 'success' in some ways.

The slaver at his feet began to rise and Solari quickly stepped on his neck, pressing just enough to keep him passed out once more.

"We should bring them in and see if they can assist us, ma'am. I do not think prolonged incapacitation will do well on its ability to help."

Pulling away his wing, he watched Dr Rose's dance routine unfold. Withholding a smile, he pulled at the machinery testing the weight. Heavy and unyielding.

"No. Not exactly, but I assume there is a repulsorlift somewhere? Do you think you can find it, while I release the clamps." He asked, not withholding the mild disappointment. Perhaps it was unfair of him to ask, Doctor Rose had already been through a lot in the last couple of days.

"You are right on one thing. Our time is short. A Storm is approaching, and I fear us leaving now will bury these souls forever."

An hour had passed, the U-Wing transports should soon be arriving. He glanced again at Rose, waiting until his attention was focused elsewhere and concentrated.

The clamps creaked, before hissing their displeasure at the opposing kinetic forces being pressed against it. Hydraulics failing, and suddenly several of them became dislodged dropping to the plate with a heavy clang.

"Ah. Excellent, seems some power remained." Pyeth trilled happily, "Your a Doctor of many talents, I assume you had assistance in your insubordination against the slavers?"

Last edited:

j8b0I9s.png

g57ETQ2.png
Equipment: Danger Jacket, Outfit, Discreet Hearing Enhancer - Left Ear, P.U.T. - Right Ear, Long Handled Double Lightsaber, Concealed Sling Bag
Tags: Erich Solari Erich Solari

The slow blink as they posed the question while keeping their foot planted on their captures neck was followed by a click of her tongue.

Oh. Brilliantly blind.

The nicest way she could think to phrase it even in the silence of her mind as she composed her thoughts. Hands coming together as though she were praying for patience before touching her lips to them.

Her mouth opening before closing once more.

"You are. Definitely, conventionally attractive to humanoid species. Yes. Even I can recognize. And, attest to that." She began, sticking her hip out to the side as she settled into her thoughts.

"But you talk like a... like a computer. That's. That's the general vibe I'm getting. And you are probably really smart. But." She frowned. "Oh. How do I say this."

The mention of bringing them inside getting a nod. Her hands parting to grab the shock staffs first thing.

"You need to. I guess. Adjust how you are talking. Very informative. Which is useful. But uh." She gathered up the three staffs, setting them inside before returning to check on the one whose head seemed stuck into the ground.

"Like I said. You sound like a computer. And. That. Kinda takes away from the," turning to wave her hand in his general direction. "Takes away from the physical. And makes you memorable in the, wrong way."

Breha Sal-Soren Redarr Syko Kel Se'Taav Kel Se'Taav Ariel Yvarro Ariel Yvarro

Mya turned back to studying the hyperlane charts, shifting her perspective back into business mode, calculating expenses, incomes, and profit margins. As Kel spoke, she looked back over her shoulder with a shrug.

"It's certainly possible either Sith or Maw elements could be involved and would align with the behavior patterns linked to the Maw. Ironically, the most active element of the Maw in this quadrant was the Final Dawn. Classic, old-school imperials," Mya mused, staring through the viewport, "Megalomaniacs with control issues and an obsession with zero-sum outcomes reliant on violence."

She tapped her fingers along her arm. "Intelligence is making exceptional progress on their work. I have no doubt they will have critical intel shortly." She wouldn't elaborate on that- not in an unsecured room with newcomers. "And hydras are the nature of life- I wasn't worried about not handling it. We've broken Core megacorporations who thought they could play above the rules before and save a major government backer, and they will have more resources than any crime ring." Except, of course, something like the Black Suns.

She turned back and looked at the information on the display table, head cocked. "I will not rule out the possibility of foreign interference," she said at last, "But this looks like a hybrid business operation to me."

Mya scribbled some notes. "So where did the start-up funding come from? Who are the buyers? How are payments being processed?' She ticked each one off with her finger. "Where are the funds being stored? Are employees motivated primarily by pay or belief?"

hmy39WQ.png

lf6czeQ.png

Spoken like a true businesswoman, Mya Jesel Mya Jesel covered nearly all the bases from a financial perspective. The suggestion that these slavers were working a hybrid operation piqued his interest greatly.

“The slaving isn’t their primary source of income,” Kel echoed in laymen’s terms.

“It’s a side business for these mongrels.”

Mya’s mentioning of the Final Dawn spurred a sour frown. Of all the slimy Corporatists and backwards Imperials he’d dealt with during his years in the Senate, none caused Kel’s guts to twist quite like Marlon Sularen. The so-called ‘Lord Regent’ was the epitome of treachery.

"Sith, or not, it would be in the interest of the League to insert operatives if possible with these slavers. We need a lead, something, anything to be one step ahead of them.”

The ex-Senator refocused on the maps before him, wheels already spinning in his head. He cut his eyes to Breha Sal-Soren, a knowing look on his face; If there was anything a good Bothan could do, it’s planting a mole.

Or destabilize an Empire, but that was a card best kept for another day.

“Yes, I agree with Madame Yvarro,” Kel said.

“I’ve a few contacts throughout the Rim that would make for excellent eyes and ears should the opportunity present itself.”

Names and faces flashed through the scheming Bothan’s mind. Sindev Elzadar Sindev Elzadar was his go-to man in the Alliance, but there were others still if the old Trandoshan were unavailable. He pointed his feline gaze to Mya Jesel Mya Jesel .

“If the League is willing, I can handle the inside work.”

No doubt, Breha was already making contact with their agents.

“Madame Yvarro seems to have the cleanup operation under control, so that leaves unwinding this web of intrigue to you, President Jesel.”

The corner of Kel’s lips curled into a smirk. He loved it when a good plan comes together. Makes the blood pump hot and steady.

It took him a few moments to calm down after all was said and done, it sounded obvious and logical, enough to cast doubt on his own mind. Perhaps he had missed something, the situation being what it had, he had dealt with everything in a rush, so it was more then likely that he could have missed things, perhaps he could check?

The clang of metal falling on metal broke those thoughts in twain, causing him to take a involuntary leap forward from the sound as muscles tenses and instinct kicked in, only to find the danger to be none existent and his new companion standing by one of the control panels, the hydraulic systems spontaneously failing and depositing there payload all over the floor.

“There was?” he replied as the scout spoke once more, confusion flickering across his face, that didn’t sound right? He was sure that he had checked those but perhaps he’d missed something in his rush. Besides… there had been no hum, no tell tale signs of the machinery powering up.
Though hearing Pyeth call him doctor distracted him before he could think any more on it, a slight thrill echoing through him, he still hadn’t quite gotten used to that title and now that the soup of negative emotions had calmed it was a welcome anchor to happier thoughts.

“Thank you, however you are wrong on that front. I was a combat medic before I became a doctor, that’s more of a recent thing. Even then the only reason I got the upper hand in this case was by drugging their food with a fast acting sedative. Most of the actual action went by fairly quickly after that”
that reminded him...what did that remind him off? oh..oh no!
“That…that reminds me, I promised food! One moment, il be back with food!” there was as he ran off his voice echoing though the ship a moment later almost like a afterthought “None-Drugged Food!” There was plenty of food that would spoil quickly here regardless. And he had the strangest hankering for the spiciest noodles he could make, it was strange how danger and excitement always brought his stomach to such a familiar comfort food.

The vul would eventually return with two bowls of noodles in broth. One far Spicier than the other.

Pyeth Raffinki Pyeth Raffinki | open

DAFO0Gf.png
Sure, what Kurayami had done would to an outward observer seem reckless and impulsive, but he had actually noted that the two guards he engaged were well insulated from the other groups. Whether that was due to them taking a break or being hazed by superiors or any number of other possible reasons he didn't care. All it meant to him was that they weren't going to be missed for sometime as long as they didn't have a chance to raido for help and thankfully he hadn't given them a chance...though he had come close. Well next group wouldn't be given that grace, because he didn't have to brawl as often as before, sure he still trained with shadowboxing routines, but that could only do so much.

Then came Mishel's signal to regroup with her and the kid. Padawan, not kid. Gotta remember these things. Outwardly there was no indication he had gotten the signal until he began looking around to figure out his best path to meet up with them. Quick bursts of Force speed helped him move between crates, scattered paneling acting as ramshackle walls against the sun and sand, and the occasional vaporator.

Finally regrouping with them after having to take the long way, he nodded. This time he'd take the easy route to subdue the guard. "Roger that. On your mark." As soon as the last syllable of the countdown had left her mouth the guard directly in front of the Corellian master looked to be hit from behind by an invisible cargo hauler as a powerful and focused Force push forcedhim to the ground only to be followed immediately by an angry Corellian dropping his knee armor into the base of the guards skull. In all honesty, Kurayami didn't care if the guard survived that one or not. "Scanners say he's alive. Damn, should have dropped in a from a little higher. Oh well. Always next time I suppose."

So she wanted them to get the captives out of here? Escort missions were not exactly his specialty, but at least he had the firepower to put down anything that decided to make the trek back annoying, he nodded to Mishel. He had never taken a Padawan himself, probably for the best, he wasn't really the one you wanted teaching kids how to assess situations. "Yea. We'll get 'em back, but if anything gets in the way it's dying this time, make sure they can't signal for help. Cailen? Think I got your name right, sorry never was the best at that too many knocks to the head during training. Let's get the captives rounded up and head on back so we can make sure they get the medical care they need. Stick close and everything will be fine. But if things do get crazy you continue on with the captives, do NOT worry about me. Understood?"

It wasn't exactly what Pyeth was hoping for, but he couldn't find much reason to complain. Food would always be a welcomed addition, although it was growing increasingly clear holding Doctor Rose's attention would be difficult.

"Food? I much appreciate the offer but..." He trialed off realising he was already too late.

Still the story of drugged food worried him, despite their assurances. He concentrated the force inward, fortifying his constitution, just in case.

When his companion left the chamber, he sighed beginning his search for the aforementioned repulsor. Failing that, he could thaw them out, but without proper medical equipment he wasn't sure how he'd manage.

Half buried in cargo he found what he was searching for, and using the force to assist him he began moving the panels into place.

Dr Rose soon returned, with the aforementioned food. Pyeth accepted the offer gleefully, "Thank you." He glanced at the noodles suspiciously, uncertain how his stomach would take pasta. He supposed he could imagine them to be worms, that at least might agree with him.

Sitting down cross legged he took a drink, immediately coming to realise the Doctor had raided the ships supplies. Not surprising, but spices too? Clearly they had a taste for luxury, or perhaps their species had very particular palettes.

"It's surprisingly tasteful for bits scavenged from a wreck. A favourite of yours I assume?"

This was a strange set of skills. Cooking and Medicine? He supposed their was some crossover, but it suggested a particularly unpleasant history of self reliance.

"So you took up the job alone? That's a little irregular, most mercenaries I know work in groups."

Azure Rose Azure Rose | Open

Last edited:
Micah Ocano Micah Ocano

Veino quirked a half-smile at the man's words. "Subtlety was always a weakness of the imperialist philosophy. It made it easy to slice and leak their black site and then maul a legion on Dorin with a single squad."

At the reveal of the canister, he stepped forward and plucked it from the man's hand. "Distract them."

He never stopped moving, but walked slow, staying low and after a moment, the Force rippled around him, wrapping him and he faded from view.

The armor helped with this, flattening his silhouette and deflecting light around him as he picked his way across and around.

He could hear occasional movements from within the structure and held himself still as shapes moved in front of the gaps. They wouldn't see him, but that didn't mean there wasn't other evidence for the canny hunter. Shifts in the dirt. Changes in the movement of dust. Plants bending the wrong way.

Deliberate movement would always work better in the long run than haste.

"Yes. Parents are cooks so I learned a thing or three." He said in a way of explanation before pausing to take a bite of the delightly springy noodles, the soup sending pleasant tingles throughout his mouth with each mouthful. It wasn't exactly up to his usual standards but he'd had to make sure that his guest could properly digest the food and there was certainly no time to make a separate batch for each of them simply for preference. Sure he could have mixed a digestion aid into the sauce but that would just ruin the flavour and that was just utterly unacceptable.

"As for me being alone…your correct that it is unusual but I wasn't planning on this being a mercenary venture." He sighed. Taking a big sip of his soup before continuing "The only reason that I ended up working for them was that my last employer broke contract and decided to leave me on a space outpost rather then take a detour, not a lot of options on getting anywhere else at that point."
He scoffed at that. At least the one before that had at least given him the courtesy to make arrangements before putting him planet side.

"My desire to switch professions does not seem to mesh well with what the stars have in mind for me, what about yourself? Do scouts normally work alone like yourself? I would have expected you to have a partner of some type with you, especially when there was slavers about?"

That just seemed weird to Azure, everything he had been taught rejected the idea of going into enemy territory alone if he could help it, there was way too much that could go wrong.

Pyeth Raffinki Pyeth Raffinki

Last edited:
Pyeth choked amused that his own lime of questioning had been turned against him. It was only fair he supposed, what was that human thing. Karma?

"You are indeed correct, therefore it shouldn't surprise you to know this is my first real mission alone. Prior to my promotion, I worked closely with a senior member of our coalition." He answered truthfully, again neglecting direct reference to the Jedi Coalition.

"I've had a wing to play in hostage negotiation and combat, I suppose mission officers thought I could operate efficiently alone." He finished his bowl, storing the food in his crop to remove later.

Don't get him wrong, the flavours were good but the contents really didn't do his stomach any favours.

Bleep. Bleep. Bleep.

"Speaking of superior's." He pulled up his coat, briefly revealing the contents of a utility belt. Anyone paying close attention may have noticed the lightsaber, and blaster as he reached for the commlink.

"Receiving you command." He said

"Pyeth. The U Wings are a few clicks out. How many are we transporting?"

"A dozen carbonated individuals. Mixed races. At least four humans, two rodians and Twi'lek. I'll be bring a live one too."

"A survivor? A slaver?"

"I don't think so. A mercenary who fell into the wrong lot, if I am to understand they had a part to play in the ship crash landing here."

"Understood. I will inform ORION to expect guests."

"On the contrary, Admiral Quauhatli and ORION can sit this one out. It's outside their jurisdiction."

"I... Yes Sir." The reply came with some hesitation. They were allies, but that didn't mean the Rescue Service was particularly fond of Jedi involvement. Particularly if they believed they overreached their authority.

"Well. I think that is our taxi. Will you be joining me?"

DAFO0Gf.png

Objective II: Freedom Trail | Location: Kirdo III | Soundtrack: Run Forever

FWl8Viq.png

"Remember why we're here, Cailen." Cautioned Mishel, her hazel-green eyes narrowed slightly, "I'm glad you brought them down, just be careful next time, alright?"

Cailen shied away from his enthusiasm, but only enough to seem apologetic for his little stunt; When everyone’s attention refocused on the mission, the boy pursed his lips. He took out the patrol quickly and quietly, just like they had-

‘Don’t take it personally, Cailen,’ Master Undara’s voice would echo.

He shrugged, then quickened his pace to catch up to Kurayami Bloodborn Kurayami Bloodborn . Cailen watched as he listened.

“Stick close and everything will be fine. But if things do get crazy, you continue on with the captives, do NOT worry about me. Understood?"

“Understood,” the Padawan repeated. He kept close, only straying a few meters or so at a time to cut through the cage doors with his torch.

The Kitonese language was… difficult to understand, to say the least. But what Cailen couldn’t say with words, he managed to convey with a tense ‘shhh!’ and his cautious presence in the Force. Neither stopped the bulbous Kitonak from profusely whispering their gratitude, but at least it kept them quiet.

Once he’d freed the people from his side of the holding cells, Cailen’s voice patched into the team’s comms.

“My group is ready,” he said quietly, “I’m getting these guys back to the speeders.”

Cailen glanced back at the Kitonak, a bit worried about sneaking six whistling natives out of captivity undetected. But once again, a soft overture of voices kept him calm.

‘Trust in the Force.’

There was a small frown as the scout stored the food. Perhaps the noodles hadn’t been to taste after all. A shame but not one he was going to make a fuss about. Rather he just sat and listened to Pyeths explanation as they had done to him, nodding along as they spoke of hostage negotiations. That made sense.

The intermittent silence was comfortable despite the winds outside announcing their growing presence, it was nice. Just be able to sit and relax for the first time since he had first stepped onto that ship.

The beeping of a communicator interrupted that solace however, his ears twitching as they focused on hearing what was being said from the calling party only to find the information percent….interesting?

That wasn’t normal procedure, a situation where a forward scout could tell command what to do was far and few in between…unless they were higher up on the totem pole then they had any right to be and that was both interesting and worrying in its own right.
He didn't say anything to bring attention to that but he was sure the expression on his face told the other enough about what he was thinking that words were not needed.

“Um…yes, of course…though if I may ask a favour?” and here was the bashfulness, his legs twitching as they got up, “I…may need help during take-off. I have a…. phobia” he hated this, having to explain his fear, the thing he knew could kill him as a phobia but…explaining would cause more problems, he just had to hope it never actually happened, it hadn’t happened yet but the other side effects where bade Enough

“A phobia Of…leaving a planet’s surface. Not a common one I know but…leaving me alone and without medication while it happens is…ill-advised”

Pyeth Raffinki Pyeth Raffinki

Pyeth cocked his head; the request was unexpected, especially for one who so well travelled. "That is a perplexing situation. I suppose we might induce sleep." He began by turning on the repulsor lift, carrying the carbon-frozen slates outside. The wind began to pick up, pulling them into the storm's path, but he could hear the ship's engines approaching. "Although I have a less invasive alternative in mind."

He covered his eyes, protecting them from the dust. The ship's side doors opened and a few armed technicians filed out to gather the frozen colonists. "Sir. We received your message from command, this your plus one?"

Pyeth nodded, "Indeed. This is Dr Rose, who will be joining me. Can you transport us to the Reliant?"

"Certainly, I'll let them know to expect you."

Pyeth motioned the Doctor to follow taking a step up onto the decking of the U-Wing Gunship. Once in the air, he sighed happily glad to be free of the dustbowl. Although he imagined that was of far greater importance for Dr Rose. Speaking of the Doctor, their agoraphobia. He fell back on illusions, blacking out the windows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom