Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dominion Kirdo in Chains | RTL Dominion of Kirdo III

g57ETQ2.png

Advancing steadily into the dustbowl, Pyeth concentrated on the encroaching storm front. The planet was scattered in hulks, massive indomitable spires of jagged durasteel and iron, but nothing compared to the power of nature. The storm would sweep in, creating a clean canvas upon which a dozen more stories would be lost and forgotten. While his companions dealt with the slavers, he was out in the wilderness scouting the most recent wreckages for signs of slaver activity.

"Catagory II Stormflare landfall in 5 Hours, be aware we estimate communications may begin to fail at 1:45 hours due to ionic interference in the stratosphere. As advised, search and rescue Operations will cease at 1:00 hours. Exfiltration on standby."

Windflare. Storms didn't scare him. Navira had taught him a technique to defend himself from a hurricane, but there was something to be said of a storm powerful enough to damage plastcrete buildings and shred armour. Pyeth had a momentary shock when a flash of energy blasted and illuminated the sky. Highly irregular.

Picking up the pace, Pyeth pulled himself to the peak of the next dune. Another metallic monstrosity jutted free from the scorched and glistening sands, specks of glass still visible and smoke billowing away from him, in the storm's direction in the north. Pyeth's homeworld was resource rich, in no way thanks to the countless wars that had been fought over its exonium mines. Space hulks from those conflicts regularly burnt in her atmosphere, and this much the same way appeared more recent than the others.

A deep wound cut through its hull, inflicted by no weapon but rather nearby outcroppings. Outside a small encampment, scarcely big enough to house but a few individuals. Likely survivors. He pulled up his scarf to speak into the comlink, "Pyeth speaking. I have found what appears to be a recent wreck. I'm going to investigate."

"Confirmed. I'll forward your coordinates to other agents nearby. Keep us updated."

Azure Rose Azure Rose | Open

Breha Sal-Soren Kel Se'Taav Kel Se'Taav Ariel Yvarro Ariel Yvarro

A CALL FOR HELP
"Let us know which group they are," Mya replied slowly, studying the displayed holomaps of the surrounding sectors, "And I can tell what intelligence assets we have on them." She highlighted a few worlds, juggling back and forth between two different datapads scrolling through different data sets. "They're neither the Karazak Slavers Cooperative nor Zygerrian Slavers Guild or the Thalassians." She shrugged and stepped closer to the communications console, listening to the Rescue Service as they relayed communications between the forces in operation.

"It could be the Black Sun making moves against the Hutts, since the Hutts have been in chaos since the death of Gorba the Hutt Gorba the Hutt . We haven't seen much action from the Black Sun since then, but they may be trying to make a statement. There used to be several small gangs in the area, but we'd broken them, between the Ranger Corps, local law enforcement, and the Rescue Service intercepting their transports." She tapped one finger on the side of a console, considering. "This is either someone brand new or from somewhere else in the galaxy."

The figure blurred in a haze of motion, but Veino could still sense the Force presence, followed shortly by the sight of several dead slavers and the man studying the camp.

"Imperial Knight," Veino said after a moment, picking himself up off the dust as a transmission came in from the Endurance. Secondary camp with mortars neutralized by Nathan. "I remember that training move."

It had been decades since he had trained with the Imperial Knights under the Fels, but much of the traditions and fighting styles remained.

Veino picked himself up off the ground and slid down the sandy slope, letting his knees flex and shift as he approached the neutralized camp.

"Good work," Veino called through the modulator in the helmet. "Imperial Knight fighting style unless I forget my early training."

lDaoVxa.png

In closer proximity Micah had less of an issue to sense Veino's approach.

His hand twitched and the saber ignited once more. Calmly he turned, expecting to face more of the marauders, but instead was surprised to meet someone else entirely. Head cocked there ever so slightly. "Indeed, you have a good eye or memory I suppose, stranger." His eyes briefly scanned the outcrops of Veino's armor before his manners engaged.

The saber was powered down and once again floated over to his belt.

"I was not aware the Jensaarai operated in these parts. I would have requested permission for engagement in your territory if not for that... and the fact that I crash landed here. My saber and supplies is all I have right now."

He turned again to study the structure.

"There are several slavers still inside the place, barricaded. I am contemplating if I should burn the place down with them in it or to breach it and execute them by hand." Perhaps a reminder that the Imperial Knights of the New Imperial Order (lastly named the Empire) were a ruthless lot. Especially when their ire was raised by disgusting practices such as slavery.

"But this is your territory. I leave their fate in your hands, of course."

hmy39WQ.png

lf6czeQ.png

“What of the Mawites? Or the Eternals?” Kel queried.

Though both superpowers had waned severely over recent months, the latter having collapsed entirely, it stood to reason that loyalists and fanatics could be striking out against the greater forces of the galactic community. The Brotherhood had certainly been doing so, spreading their dwindling forces thin just to pick petty fights throughout former Eternal space.

Tribal warlords made excellent slaver-kings, and Kel wouldn’t put it past the Maw for a second to take advantage of what remained of the Empire.

“Perhaps they’re lashing out, final death throes a pathetic attempt to strike fear in the hearts of the innocent one last time.”

The Bothan frowned. Even then, it still didn’t fit quite right. The Eternals certainly had the strategic means to remain untraceable this long, but there was nothing to gain from tormenting the Corridor. And on the converse, the Maw more than pleased themselves with wanton brutality… but remaining one step ahead of the League? Doubtful.

No, this had to be a new organization. One with deep pockets and deeper resources. They knew better than to ‘shit where they eat’ (another human idiom he enjoyed), leading him to suspect an even more concerning possibility.

“The Corridor is a neutral zone between League space and the Sith, no? Have we considered the possibility …” he trailed off, shrewd feline eyes peering at the others with intensity -

“… that maybe these slavers are colluding with the Sith Order?”

A bold statement, but one he’d be remiss for keeping to himself.

With the vaporator now online again, he turned His sights on scavenging what he could from the wreck, he'd managed to get a glimpse of more ships on the horizon while he was going down, few in similar predicaments to his own, more not. Something that suggested that his crash had not entirely been his fault….perhaps that was more wishful thinking but it seemed odd none the less.

It also meant that while he now had a source of water, it meant that he would either have to bunker down, trust he would be able to keep the generators and shielding online when someone came to investigate or he was going to have to leave and try and survive on his own.

Nether seemed to be a good prospect but abandoning his way off this dustbowl of a planet seemed worse. Even with the vaporator's recent light show and minor electrocution.

Then there was the issue of those trapped in carbonite, leaving them was just a bad option, either it would end up with the ship as their tomb or the local slavers would find them anyway and everything would have been for nought.

If there were slavers here of course. The ship had been on destination here before the…incident so it seemed likely but….
There were just too many factors and he was feeling rather overwhelmed….or perhaps that was the side effects of his recent shock that he was also directing his medical nanites towards fixing, along with everything else.
A sudden beep caused him to switch tracks, the computer showing a new notification that caused his mind to focus into an unnatural calm that was brought by hours upon hours of practice tinged by fear. Someone or something was approaching and with the ship in the state that it was...

He took a deep breath before equipping himself and manoeuvring into a position that he would be difficult to spot while also being able to get a good look at whoever or whatever was coming ….and get a good shot on them with his rifle if it came to it.

Pyeth Raffinki Pyeth Raffinki | Open

After a team from the League vessel directly in orbit had shown to secure the camp and all the slavers they had captured (Even they were surprised Nathan and Kinea hadn't maimed any of them), Nathan went over the general scans the Slavers had made of the graveyard, coming across a hologram of the Fortress these jerks had supposedly uncovered.

Kinea peered closer.

"That looks like bridge tower..." she noted. "Not Imperial. Command Bridge is almost like an auditorium..."

Nathan ran an analysis of the holorecording, to see what data the slavers had picked up. It wasn't a Fortress. But it looked familiar.

Ground penetration scan results made Kinea's mouth open.

"Oh, we sure as hell can't let 'em have that..." she said. "What kind of Star Destroyer is that?"

"It's not. It's a Battle Cruiser." Nathan said. "Centurion Class."

"Centurion? Never heard of it..." she remarked. "Which Military uses them?"

"No one really...not anymore, that is." Nathan replied. "It's from one of the more ancient wars of the Jedi and Sith. Extremely difficult to destroy, even by today's standards. These scans indicate it's space worthy..."

"If we could capture it...the League would have a spare warship..." Kinea trailed, seeing the possibilities.

"Logs here say crews are working round the clock to excavate it. They even brought in droids from offworld exclusively to help just so that the Kitonak couldn't give any useful info to the League should they escape their clutches..." Nathan noted. "At least thirty guarding the excavation site around the Centurion itself. Another thirty inside already, backed by a few dozen battle droids...and a small army of engineering droids."

"I think we can take 'em..." Kinea asserted.

"We'll have to be careful...if they have hostages, they'll use them."

"We should get a team from orbit." Kinea suggested.

"No. It just increases the risk of us being spotted and them going defensive...we take them like we took this camp. Avoiding a bloodbath will make eventual diplomatic efforts with the Kitonak easier to achieve, as it sends a clear message the League isn't like the people who did this to them. It also sends a message to the slavers that we're so good at what we do that they will be taken alive and prosecuted. For those types, prison can be worse than death." Nathan replied. "Let's head to the armory."

Ten minutes later...

Nathan combed the armory silently for supplies, still not having removed the helmet of his TIE Pilot based flight suit.

"So where you from, Nathan?" Linea asked as she carefully combed through the weapons the slavers had collected.

"It doesn't matter. I'm never going back." Nathan answered.

"I'm from Alderaan..." Kinea replied.

Nathan didn't respond.

"You're not much of a people person are you?"

Nathan inclined his head to her in mechanical fashion.

"Do I have to be?"

"Well...I guess not...but it would make you easier to be around... there's this...emptiness I feel from you... devoid of anything negative or positive..."

She folded her arms.

"Does it even register, saving all those Kitonak?"

"It's an assignment..." Nathan replied stoically. "An assignment that must be completed. My own satisfaction or sense of spiritual closure is irrelevant."

"But Jedi derive strength from healing the connections others would damage. By showing compassion. Mercy."

"Was I not merciful?" Nathan asked. "I didn't even maim them."

"Mercy is conflated with compassion. But compassion is not like mercy..." Kinea replied. "You function to the letter...but to feel nothing at all after going out of your way to make sure no one was even maimed, even our enemies...it's just...doing good should feel good."

"A classic assumption..." Nathan replied with mild acid in his tone. "Detachment is always better in the end. If a Jedi does what they do just because it makes them feel good, can their motives actually be considered pure in the slightest? I would contest anyone who said yes. We're not in this because we crave adventure, or to pat ourselves on the back, or to feel good about what we do. We're here to make sure a planet doesn't become a haven for lawlessness and chaos. The moment our own feelings enter the process of doing our duty, our entire frame of judgement is compromised."

Kinea shrugged. "Just seems a very lonely way to go about it."

"And how many of those slaves might have been killed if you had taken the shot in engineering?" Nathan questioned rhetorically before going back to work. "Unintended consequences...you could do something that feels right, feels good...and then it blows up in your face later on..."

"You sound like you know what you're talking about. Did that happen to you?" Kinea asked.

"I definitely didn't come here to play twenty questions." Nathan replied tersely. "Get ready."

Kinea went back to acquiring new weapons...

Nathan Bloodscrawl Nathan Bloodscrawl Corbin Vasher Corbin Vasher Micah Ocano Micah Ocano

"It's hard to forget doing physical conditioning and training in a pit of bantha innards," Veino replied dryly, walking up beside the man as the lightsaber deactivated and went away. "And yes, we operate quite a bit in these regions. But being wrecked is quite unfortunate- we're certainly not going to turn down anyone with experience or skills."

He left the specificity of those regions to an assumption, head tilted to one side as he listened to the communications coming through the helmet.

"We want them alive," Veino replied after a moment. "Their information is valuable. And the symbolism of them being taken in alive to stand trial even more potent."

Death was easy for those who lived on the Rim, especially those who preyed upon those who were less able to protect themselves. They craved power and used their perceived sense of power to justify their actions.

To prove that they were, in fact, powerless, and that the League would hunt them down and bring them like they would any other criminal? That sent a message. Whoever these slavers were, Black Sun, Hutts, or Sith, neither the League nor the Jensaraai would be intimidated by them.

DAFO0Gf.png

Kurayami centered himself for a possible storm of activity in a moment as Mishel gave her advice to the padawan's and a helpful reminder to him. "The Force is with us, we must simply let it guide our actions. Simple and efficient is better than flashy." He could feel the tensions rising whether it be anxiety or excitement from those around him, deep breath in, hold four seconds, slow exhale. Repeat. Physically he could feel his heart slow as he continued to focus solely on the mission at hand. Issue this time was that he had to help get these padawans home as well. When Mishel nodded to him, he clenched his jaw and felt his muscles tense as she leaned around the wall they were using for concealment.

Her quick thinking eliminated one nearby patrol, leading to her to ask if there were any ideas as to how to take down more guards simultaneously. These were not questions one would want to ask someone with Kurayami's background, yes, he had ideas, but most of them were not pleasant so he had to toss those and try to think up some new ones on the fly. Finally she would hear a terrifying exclamation of
"I got an idea! And this time it shouldn't kill them. I hope..." Not that he would leave much time for response or critique as he seemed to disappear for a couple seconds from visual as he closed in on another group of guards, two in this area and well insulated from other groups. As he closed on the two he grabbed the front of the guard's blast vests to hold them in place and upon noticing finally the wall of junk behind them, yanked them forward as he slid past them. The first wasn't able to stand back up before the butt of his carbine found purchase and sent him to dreamland. The second hand managed to stand up only to find an armored elbow slam into his solarplexus before an armored fist also turned the lights out for him. That was two patrols. Time to see how the others managed things and if it escalated any further from here.

On his approach he noted the distinctive hum of machinery growing louder, a spindle structure rising above the shifting sands. He approached the machine, holding his earth coloured robes tight to help shield him from the wind.

"A vapourator? Intriguing." Pyeth turned looked at the floor, nothing immediately suspicious. Scattered cabling and metal sheets, if they hadn't been organised around the vapourator he might have thought nothing of it, but the evidence stacked to suggest someone was alive.

Holding a durasteel sheet he stood up, eyes scanning the area for tracks or something more substantial.

His eyes narrowed at the approaching figure. Scanning for equipment and features.
He drew a breath, his finger twitching on the trigger, committing himself to the shot…and then he exhailed, stopping himself and re-evaluating his situation.
a lone stranger wasn't too much of a threat and shoting first in this situation didnt feel right, any bandits in the area were likely to have been scouting in parties rather than on their lonesome. Well unless this was a trick. But that didn't quite feel correct, no, shooting first was more likely bring misfortune then benfit him.

"Hello!" he let a bark ring out from his spot resting tucked in-between two the supply crates dotted around his makeshift campsite, rifle still aimed on the avian….Rishii? Rishii's centre mass.

"Friend or foe? Because if you're a friend I would suggest you step away from the vapourator, it's on the fritz" he spoke in a jolly tone, even as his eyes kept track of the target's movements.

Last edited:
lDaoVxa.png

Tag: Jun Chiyo

"There's bound to be something."
Aiden said as he glanced towards Jun. He gave her a playful shove as he glanced towards the small break in the ground. Aiden peered down the small break as he glanced back towards Jun. "You first?!" Aiden said with a small chuckle. He reached into his backpack and pulled out a small flare, popping it and letting it fall down through the hole and it hit the ground.

"I'm sensing a small presence of light, can you feel it?"
Aiden inquired as he looked her way. "I'll go first and check it out." Aiden glanced down the hole, as it wasn't to far down. Aiden sat down on the edge of the break and he dropped down which was only about ten to fifteen feet down, using the force to aid in a gently fall.

Aiden popped another flare as he held it up over him and and glanced around him. There seemed to be a small stream that was flowing along the path to the right. The water was just a few inches deep but was flowing down the path, so it seemed it was all connected somehow.

"Go ahead and come down. There's a small stream down here. In the middle of the desert of all places. What do you think?" Aiden inquired as he waited for Jun to come down.

j8b0I9s.png

g57ETQ2.png
Equipment: Danger Jacket, Outfit, Discreet Hearing Enhancer - Left Ear, P.U.T. - Right Ear, Long Handled Double Lightsaber, Concealed Sling Bag
Tags: Erich Solari Erich Solari

She hadn't been paying full attention to the man she'd met. But the sounds from that direction weren't like the ones she'd heard at the training grounds.

The mention of killing one brought a strained frown to her face as she squared off with her opponent.

"Leave. One. Alive." The heaved words the finale of her struggle before her opponent was sent reeling and into the waiting hands of her acquaintance.

He asked a rather rhetorical question in her opinion.

Then again it was possible people had lightsabers and weren't actually jedi around the outer rim. Or had acquired them by other means. She breathed deep, watching the man struggle in his grip.

"Something like that." She grumbled, earning an assessment from him that she didn't quite know how to respond to. The process of shutting off the saber and standing not giving her enough time to even really think of how to process the words.

"Thanks? I don't like advertising it. Our little secret for now." She figured she'd go that route for explaining as she watched the sleemo slump in his grip.

"So. Hey. Just. Just saying. I don't care and don't want to know. And I'm not trying to be mean. But you uh," She clipped the saber to her hip and covered it with the jachet once more while she spoke. "You kind of, don't, blend in. With a normal crowd, I mean."

She tried her best to smile, coming out in a very thin line as she shrugged.

Pyeth turned steadily towards the bark, a small humanoid, that shared many resemblances to Aashi's pet back home. Rustic fur, blue eyed and armed with what looked to be a rifle. A little over half his height, but he knew well enough size didn't much matter. Especially when they were so heavily armed.

"So you say," Pyeth said glancing back at the machinery. He took a step back giving the stranger space, even trained in Soresu it was no small feat to deflect a blaster at such close range. Plus any closer he wasn't certain how they might react.

"I am no one to fear, part of a scouting team. This ship. Did it belong to you?" He asked, resting resting his wings at his side while part of him wondered if they had any connection to the slavers, and what that connection was.

VVVDHjr.png

IMPERIAL + DIPLOMACY
RIMWARD TRADE LEAGUE

K I R D O

hmy39WQ.png

Kel wasn't wrong, there was the possibility that these slavers were certainly working with the Sith. They could be working with a number of entities and none of them bode well for anyone in the region. "Sith, or not, it would be in the interest of the League to insert operatives if possible with these slavers. We need a lead, something, anything to be one step ahead of them," and to cut the head off the snake. Ariel sighed quietly to herself, the snake was likely a hydra and they were chasing something much more than an ordinary slavers guild. A discomforting notion at the very least.

"Mawites, Eternals, or something more sinister in the works. I fear we are only approaching but a single snake amongst the hydra," admitted Ariel plainly, then added with confidence, "nothing that cannot be handled, I assure you." With enough order, it could be dealt with, swiftly. She need only to make sure that order was sought after and seen as a mark of safety. "In the meantime, I shall put forth the necessary funding and materials to construct several outposts here on Kirdo."

Kel Se'Taav Kel Se'Taav | Breha Sal-Soren | Mya Jesel Mya Jesel | Open to Interaction

Jun Chiyo

J

lDaoVxa.png

Location: Kirdo III | Objective III | Soundtrack: Rose Bouquet

WyqnG5p.png

The fine leather of Jun’s Atrisian boots had long since been scuffed to the stars and back, but she was still careful not to let them wear down faster than they needed to. She followed Aiden’s lead, softening her landing with a small push through the Force.

The warm glow of the flares cast interesting shadows on the cavern walls, highlighting the layers of sediment left exposed from years of erosion; It seemed that the stream had been running through this cave for centuries at least.

“What do you think?"

She tilted her head, her Padawan braid swaying gently against her pale skin.

“I’m… I’m not sure,” she admitted, her curious eyes examining the stone. She reached a hand out for the nearest outcropping, gracing it’s smooth surface with her fingertips.

Jun could feel the energy of the Force flowing through the rock, just like the water in the nearby stream. But there wasn’t much for her psychometric abilities to detect. It was just a pure concentration of Light Side currents.

“We should follow it,” she said, turning to Aiden with a grin.

Tags: Aiden Porte Aiden Porte

His ears perked up as he heard the scouts answer, rifle dropping until it was aimed at the ground rather than flesh as a small spark of hope welled up within him. “Ah, yes, Sorry, I suppose I shouldn’t be so jumpy, I am Az…Doctor Rose and as you can see my arrival wasn’t exactly planned” he let out a chuckle, hands moving to scratch the back of his neck before quickly returning to their position steadying his rifle.

“Where exactly are we? If I may ask? Or what group you’re a part of?” Azure did his best to let his body language be calm and open, well as much as one could be when you had a gun in hand you were prepared to shoot, but details!

“I don’t suppose I could trouble you for some help getting off world, my last employment rather literally went down in flames.” He smiled once more, tension just barely visible because in all honesty, the scouts next words would decide how he handled this, he rather hoped it would be the peaceful option.

Last edited:
There was a second of hesitation, the fox lowering his weapon just for a moment. Meanwhile, Pyeth maintained his distance, keeping close watch but making no sudden movements besides a momentary flinch when sights were trained on him again. It was followed, rather unsurprisingly by a barrage of questions, many he did not want to answer immediately.

"Kirdo III, if my ships sensors and senior officers did not lie." He replied and motioned to a nearby wreck, "May I?" He didn't trouble himself with a response, making his way over to sit on the wreckage. "That's better," He sighed, hoping the moment of weakness would help him relax.

"It is a pleasure to meet you, Dr Rose." He chirped, moving slowly and emphasising his movements, deliberate action rather than anything sudden or surprising. Placing down his backpack, he pulled out a cup, pot and bantha leather pouch, picked his desired leaves Pyeth and finally poured some hot water from a flask. An aromatic steam lifted from the pot, and Pyeth sat back again to wait for it to steep.

"If it is assistance you need, I may be able to provide some assistance. My name is Pyeth."

Allowing his talons to rest, he continued, "I belong to a few groups, most recently taken on as a consultant for the local Rescue Service. We heard of a new slave ring rising in the sector and came to investigate." He replied sincerely, although he kept some truths to himself, most notably his involvement with Rimward and the Jedi Alliance attached to it.

Extra Armaments:

Ion Grenades (4)

Stun Grenades (4)

ICE Breakers (4)

The RTL navy had been informed of the presence of the still space worthy, buried Warship. But Nathan had requested a chance to take them quietly before resorting to an assault team.

Given that he and Kinea had successfully subdued the secondary camp without any loss of life, his request was granted and he and Padawan Lewellyn were soon journeying through the wreckage of countless ships.

"I'm gonna need a fethin' tetanus shot after crawling through this..." Kinea complained.

"Likewise." Nathan replied quietly.

"Oh, so you do have a sense of humor." she muttered.

"No. Provided we survive, we should both take one as a precaution."

Kinea sighed in annoyance. "I give up."

The Bridge Tower of the ancient Centurion was soon spotted through the dust cloud. Nathan hand signalled her to move to a piece of wrecked assault shuttle nearby. Kinea got out her thermal scope equipped rifle, signalling silently which personnel were where on the perimeter of the excavation site. Two guards on the Eastern end had rocket and grenade launchers, another four manning a repeater nest.

Nathan studied the terrain. The guards were well armed, and equipped with thermal vision, but there was only so much of the perimeter they could protect. Lots of large gaps. Lots of dead mynocks. Infested.

"Same plan as before..." he said after her crept over to her. "We sneak inside first, take out everyone there, then deal with the perimeter guard.

Kinea nodded. "May the Force be with us..."

Nathan didn't reply to this. He simply started creeping into the perimeter, expecting her to follow. She did, and they stuck to almost liquid hills of sand and debris of crashed ships. They stopped, letting a group go past them.

(That Captain from the Modern Warfare flashback: Let them pass)

They crawled across the ground, until they came across an excavated docking entrance, under heavy guard by not just slavers in scavenged heavy armor, but B2 Battle Droids. The inside of the ship beyond beckoned, but there was seemingly no way to get past them.

"Grab on to me." Nathan ordered in an icy tone.

Kinea did, and Nathan took a few deep puffs of breath and focused straining.

It was like the ground fell out from under her. Her surroundings warped until she was on the inside of the docking entrance.

Nathan seemed very weak and almost lost his balance, but she managed to catch him silently enough that the guards outside didn't hear it. Just then a guard rounded the Corner and Kinea reacted, conjuring a minor illusion that she was just a battle Droid on patrol.

He grunted. "Stupid Droids..." he muttered before wandering off.

Nathan managed to recover from the exertion but he was still weak. He moved slower as they both ducked into what looked to be old, rusted out barracks, with a faint, flickering computer console.

"Get into their systems. Just use the ICE Breaker, insert it into that slot..." Nathan whispered. "Get us camera access."

Kinea went over to the terminal and plugged the breaker in.

The network was easily penetrated on a basic level. She typed in her own slicing commands to better conceal their intrusion.

Most of the camera systems had degraded in quality or just plain didn't work. But they did get an idea of some of the layout and guard patrols.

Kinea accessed the turrets and disabled their ability to fire, though not their ability to swivel as though they still worked properly. She also figured out where they controlled their security from. As expected, they were somewhere defensible--engineering. All corridors tightly controlled. Lots of Combat Droids. Lots of Engineering Droids that could be USED as Combat Droids.

And Hostages around the massive central reactor, all with bomb collars.

"You were right. They have hostages. Over fifty Kitonak..." Kinea whispered. "We'll never be able to sneak through as is."

"Then we create opportunities where we can." Nathan replied. "I have an idea for dealing with the Engineering Droids. Toxic gas leak on Multiple deck. We overload a lot of the power conduits also. This will cause fires to spread. It's an old ship, and they're understaffed. Failures like this are bound to occur. They won't question it."

"What about the Combat Droids?"

"Those will require alternate methods. Once we divert the Engineering Droids, we'll report a mass infestation of mynocks on the perimeter. Unusually aggressive."

"How will we do that without drawing suspicion?"

"We're in a ship graveyard, Kinea. Mynocks love this crap. I bet you half the work in this place has been clearing out mynocks. Remember the corpses of them we saw?"

"Yeah...they probably wouldn't question it." Kinea hissed. "But what about the bomb collars?"

"That will require directly going into Engineering and creating an electromagnetic disruption. But once that occurs, we'll have to use as many of the Stun Grenades as possible, and lock down the Reactor room."

Nathan frowned. "There can be no mistakes. One misstep, and those hostages could be impossible to reach. And these distractions will work only ten, maybe less than ten minutes."

Kinea nodded. She began inputting the slicing commands, monitoring the camera in Engineering. She heard a power conduit explode in the distance.

The Slavers started to look angry, than worried, then ordered the Droids to be immediately dispatched to false problem sites.

Kinea made sure to cause door malfunctions occasionally to slow down the Droids, then waited about 4 minutes before filing the emergency report in the computer systems about life forms infesting the outer hull in large numbers, feeding false info from ship sensors. She saw the Slavers get noticably more agitated, saw one visibly complaining before typing in commands on their own end, ordering all the Combat Droids outside.

"Let's move..." Nathan said, still weakened.

The pair creator through the darkened passages and was forced to use a mind trick to make a guard move out of the way. They ducked into an abandoned med bay as the first group of Battle Droids moved by them for the docking entrance.

They waited until the first group and second group had passed than moved more quickly, Nathan dulling the perceptions of the one they passed by, fortunately they had only sparse security without the droids to back them up, but there were plenty of close calls, of hiding behind crates and debris, more combat Droids passing by them.

Finally they reached the reactor entrance, Kinea making an illusion that they were Engineering Droids returned from their repairs for the entrance guards. They hid behind a support Pylon and Nathan stared, taking the stun grenades, teleporting to an engineering console on a level above, and Force Stunned a Slaver nearby, putting him in a sleeper hold, then plugging the second Breaker into it. It sliced the local system, and he quietly typed in slicing commands, first locking down Engineering, then inducing electromagnetic fluctuations in the reactor's power flow, while Kinea distracted the guards closest to them with small mind tricks. There was a rumble of the reactor and the lights in the bomb collars of the hostages grouped close to it began fluctuating before shutting off. Along with many of the electronics.

"Oh c'mon. Davar, I told you not to mess with anything until the Droids got back! We barely got this working! Davar?" The Head Slaver called out, a yellow skinned Twi'lek man in camo pattern light armor.

His answer was a stun grenade that appeared from above , dropping at his feet, and going off l. The stun blast took out not just him, but the four next to him. The remaining grenades appeared over other clusters of guards, with Kinea taking that as a signal to start firing stun bolts from her rifle while Nathan teleported behind the stragglers suddenly focused on her firing to knock them out one by one, teleporting behind each, a whack or jab of the Force Pike, a tactical use of Force Stun to let Kinea get a shot in, a well placed kick or punch.

Soon no slaver was left standing in Engineering. The pair moved quickly to disarm them then restrained them with whatever they could find.

"Holy chit, we actually did it! No one's dead!" Kinea said out loud.

"Let's keep it that way..." Nathan replied, pulling off his other weapons, glad he no longer had to carry them. He kept the stun pistol and Force Pike though, and pulled out his Lightsaber. It's dark blue blade hissed out.

"You stay behind..." Nathan said. "We don't want them doubling back and retaking the reactor. The hostages will be defenseless without at least one of us protecting them. Or worse, one of these scumbags waking up and getting free somehow...and see if you can't disable those combat and Engineering Droids entirely." He tossed her one of his last ice breakers.

Kinea nodded, catching it. "Good luck Nathan. I didn't think we'd be able to get this far without at least one of them dying."

Nathan shrugged. "I don't need luck with trash like this, but thanks. Don't get shot." he said, leaving the reactor room.

He immediately came under fire from one of the stragglers, and he reflexively started using Soresu, to deflect the shots, before inevitably closing the distance, his saber on non lethal settings, knocking out the slaver.

More Slavers rushed in, firing blaster rifles. Nathan pushed himself, switching to Form Six for a change, using Soresu's blast deflection heavily still, but more aggressive in his relentless plod forward, he pushed his feelings out of it, sinking into one of the few quiet places in his mind left, remembered an afternoon where he watched his wife practice the same deflecting techniques with a sensor ball.

Nathan worked Force Stuns into his blade attacks, found he was getting better at using them on demand, since he had learned on the job.

He would be patient. He would take his time. These creeps didn't have anything he hadn't seen before, and now that their one serious leverage was vanished, there was no need to be silent. And there were so few slavers in actuality, most of whom were caught by surprise, and even those who weren't were often alone.

Nathan felt only relief there was no longer a need to play it quiet. After he cleared out the straggler slavers blocking his way to the docking entrance, he pulled out his Force Pike, as a heavy sandstorm and a plasma blade did not mix, even on stun..

Twenty minutes later...

Nathan and Kinea watched as the Trade League assault shuttles landed, soldiers filing out to secure the perimeter.

No casualties. No serious injury. All hostages recovered. All slavers captured. Nathan hadn't stuck around after debriefing on site, and the Endurance transmitted to Veino Garn Veino Garn that a space worthy warship had been captured by two Wild Knights, along with rescued hostages. Nathan just began walking through the lonely ship graves, looking for more out posts of Slavers to fight. He had nothing better to do, not even slightly uplifted by his accomplishment. But the thought of not taking down as many slavers as he could while he had the energy disgusted him.

He went still, feeling Kinea run up to him.

"Yes, Lewellyn?" Nathan asked.

"Going off to kick more slaver ass? I'm in..." she said. "Besides...you look like you could use the company..."

Nathan thought a moment, then gave a wordless shrug and gestured for her to follow...

Last edited:
The more the Scout, Pyeth spoke the more at ease Azure felt, his body language opening up until with a quick motion he holstered the rifle to his back and positively beamed at the newcomer. Quick small steps moving towards him until he was visibly bouncing in place in front of them. Previously tension and hostility seemingly forgotten until what was left had more resemblance to a excited child then the trained mercenary he was supposed to be.

“Perfect, that’s not just lucky, that’s doubly lucky, I mean what are the chances that after all the co-faffle I was in, some good luck would show itself now! Oh where are my manners, You have tea, I can make something to eat? I wouldn’t be able to drag everything with me anyway so may as well use it? How Spicy do you like your food?”

Was he getting caught up in everything and allowing his emotions to run wild, yes, did he care, nope! This was either the most tremendously lucky thing to have happened to him in the last month or finally karma was paying him back. I mean he…oh…yea.

“There is…one thing I should mention” he spoke turning back and looking up at the Avian Scout. Hands rubbing together slightly in a hint of nervousness “About that slave ring you mentioned? Well…..I may…have not done enough research on my last employer and jumped on with them after being stranded? And I may…have” he coughed for a moment eyes flickering to the ship before back to Pyeth “Well you may want to have a look at the…. carbonite they were carrying”

There was hesitation again, before a sigh escaped the Vul and he started walking towards the ship’s cargo bay, gesturing for the scout to follow him. Most of the supplies had been carried out already to form his makeshift camp site, leaving only a few random boxes about. Along with the crate that stood prominently in the middle of the room. He hadn't touched it, not only was the contents heavy but he hadn't wanted to touch it yet.
Still, the crate was rather strangely labelled, telling all that could read galactic standard exactly what was inside as well as the quantity.

Pyeth Raffinki Pyeth Raffinki | open

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom