Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jurassic Kingdom - SJO Dom of the New Plympto Hex

HU7H7fbl.jpg

Objective: The Missing Offspring

Ciana commented on him showing up after her, the doctor was usually the first to arrive especially far in advance compared to his female counterpart. He didn’t respond right away, but sucked air through his teeth for a moment knowing that his perfect record of being early and beating Dr. Teigra was broken. “Aish, this is the one and only time you beat me anywhere gong-ju.” He waved his hand as he used the playful name towards the woman.

Their consistent working relationship began to warm on him as he was slowly starting to accept her presence in these situations. Time and again she had come to his aid and he would be lying if he said he’d be happy if she wasn’t here. Looking to Reggie and then to Samara, the doctor nodded and smiled the best he could.

“I’m late because I had a bit of an issue.” He pointed to his head, looking at them expecting them to compliment his style and not mention that he was having a bad hair day under the cap he was wearing. Shrugging his shoulders, he looked around and noticed the older Ranger in the room with them. She seemed to be the one in charge but was waiting for some reason. Hyonu, sighed quietly and nodded again to Reggie. “Remind me when we get back to the Rest – that I take all of you to lunch or something. Seems we deserve it.” The Doctor smiled.

• Aish = "Oh no, darnit"
  • gong-ju = Princess

[member="Ciana Teigra"] [member="Reggie Faayare"] [member="Samara Raine"] [member="Lambent Eminence"]

Objective 3 - Operation Daybreak
Allies: [member="Allyson Locke"] [member="Simona Campos"]
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Drystan turned her back to the holoscreen, scanning the briefing room of the powerful Stealth Cruiser... Allyson was seated in the rows, ready for battle, and Simona was preparing for the briefing to commence shortly. The blonde Jedi Master seemed quite content - meditative & at ease. Not only was she confident, but she felt incredibly comfortable with her companions. The trio were already experienced in working together, and only growing more-so.

For the tenth time in an hour, the Jedi Shadow ran through her mind her checklist of items and equipment; she was going into the mission fully prepared for (nearly) any eventuality, and would be trying a few items out she'd yet to field test. A smile spread across her face as Allyson's game bleeped & blooped in the background.

Objective: 1
Nearby: [member="Rachel Taff"] | [member="Josh DragonsFlame"] | [member="Riamah"] | [member="Scherezade deWinter"] | [member="Yuroic Xeraic"]

xwaVi2.png
'If she could'

The Jedi Knight, that still tickled her every time she thought of herself in that way, turned her head to glare at Josh, a faint curling of her lips in an amused smirk. "I'm not sure anyone could lead you Master, but the rest of them no problem." The pink-haired girl let the smile flow up onto her face as she nodded at Yuroic her gaze flicking over towards the Rangers, her voice dropping down to a whisper. "The rangers don't seem too happy to have us around, they probably don't think we're gonna be able to do much more than get in their way." Her smile morphed into something reminiscent of a shark, "They don't know we've got trackers who should make this whole thing much easier for them. We've got to support them but let's not try to rub them up the wrong way. And like Ra said...no killing if we can help it, and," she grinned brightly at the Sithling, "No letting Madalena drive."

Objective: BYOO - Establish a clinic and new post for an SSC humanitarian mission.
[member="Eustachya"], [member="Finley Dawson"]

Seva was... disgusted.

How could a world fall into such a state? It was dirty, smog-filled, and just plain terrible to look at. As she understood it, this city was once home to the nobility of Duro. She shook her head disapprovingly. Her own home on Ceraluen was actually fit for people of her stature. The young noblewoman walked after the librarian man and his light-haired colleague.

“What's there to be done here, really?” Seva asked, canting her head.

She had been sent here by her parents to evaluate the situation. The generosity of the Geroux family fortune would touch down here on Duro. If Seva approved, that is. And currently, she was not sure. Wouldn't it have just been easier to find these people somewhere suitable to live? The cost of re-developing such a waste-land would be enormous. Even then, Seva figured it would be barely habitable.

The young woman crossed her arms, glancing sidelong at Finley.

Simona Campos

S
435f7c8eb6664c6de65b2d4979c6705e.gif

Location: RAV Harlequin (Custom Kobold Blastboat fitted with an advanced stealth field generator and reflec coating.) Orbit over Nubia
Objective: Operation Daybreak

During the short flight from the Mid Rim to the Corellia Sector, Simona was quiet, seeming to drift in an out of sleep as she hung out in the conference room with pair of Shadows. However, she perked up as the crew announced their arrival to Nubus system.

"Welcome to Nubia," she said with a small yawn, flicking her wrist like a maestro to summon several holopanes for review. One showed the rendering of Nubia, another an overhead view of Nuba City, and the other showing a detailed 3D layout of the government center.

"You both should have received our basic mission briefing back home, and all information packets should have been forwarded to your datapads."

She leaned forward, green eyes focused on the government center.

"After your dropship lands you near the outskirts of the city, you'll have exactly three hours to make it to government district downtown, and infiltrate the Commonwealth headquarters to set up the backdoor in their battle net. Any useful information you pick up along the way is a welcome extra. The whole city is under martial law as the Commonwealth is still fighting campaigns abroad, and now dealing with Rebels planetside, so expect the security to be tight. Otherwise, we would have dropped you right into the district. Callsigns for you two will be Specter 01 (Allyson) and Specter 02 (Drystan). I'll be remaining onboard the Harlequin providing overwatch, my callsign being Prism."

Her attention shifted to pane representing Nuba as the warnings appeared. A stormfront had gathered over the whole region.

"Oh, bugger. Lightning storms...we don't have the time to wait it out, so all I'll say is be careful, these stealth ships aren't known to have the greatest shielding. I'd recommend that manual guidance is an order."

"Questions, concerns?"

[member="Allyson Locke"] [member="Drystan Marakos"]

Objective 3: Infiltration

The moment Simona began to speak, the game shut down and Allyson gave the woman her full attention. The mission seemed straight forward and was something they could handle quickly. A hand waved over her wrist as the basic brief was uploaded to her device. She followed along and made her own little notes to the mission briefing.

The sounds of the thunderstorm made the Corellian sigh softly. This meant she was going to need to help guide the ship – which was something she wasn’t banking on doing, but it was in her best bet. Standing from her seat, she gave Simona a small salute. “Sounds good, I’ll feed information from my slicing spiders.”

A hand waved on her wrist to shut down the holofeed, she pulled her long chestnut hair into a ponytail and the last button of her power armor closed around her neck. “Everything sounds good and well. Handling the manual guidance of the dropship I can take care of it, get Specter Two and I close enough to begin the infiltration.”

A smile crossed the Corellian’s face, “Anything else, Ma’am?”

[member="Drystan Marakos"] [member="Simona Campos"]

Objective 3: Operation Daybreak - Infiltration​
[member="Simona Campos"] [member="Allyson Locke"]​
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~​
Simona stirred, and gave a yawn.​
Drystan gave the woman her full attention, considering the mission plan carefully... Infiltrating a city under martial law wasn't easy, even with no time-limit. they'd have to move quickly, which left them few options. With the storms rolling in, that would complicate matters even further. Drystan waited until Simona had finished speaking before asking, "Transport once we're planetside... I see only a few options, considering our time-frame; acquiring government-sanctioned transport once we're planetside is risky, especially once we get closer to their headquarters. it's likely to be the most well-defended district, and undercover infiltration might be difficult if attempted by "units" stationed elsewhere. Do we have any form of contact with rebel cells within Nuba City, itself? Is there any way to arrange transportation of some kind with indigenous assets on the ground?"
Her second question, "What's our ROE? Are we to remain dark on this one; no trace of our presence under any circumstances?"
Her third question: "What's our extraction plan?"

Objective: BYOO (family reunion)

"I didn't realize our dear daughter was a Force-user, much less a Jedi" Sera, Jessica's mother reacted in gasp.

"Anything in particular you want me to do?" Jessica asked the many family members assembled in the room.

"Sometimes I seem to hear about how some people could turn phosphorescent when Force-light is in use" Jessica's half-brother suggested.

"It may be startling the first time you actually do see it, and phosphorescence requires a high level of purity in the light on the user's part, but please, turn off the lights"

Once the lights were turned off in the loft, Jessica knew that she needed to use more computational power than in the range she typically associated with her "normal states" for her to even be able to use Force-light. Because, in the end, the spark stems from how strongly she could get her brain to glow in the Force, which in turn depended on her use of computational power. Then and only then she could become phosphorescent, if only temporarily. She began to ponder whether it was better for her to become phosphorescent for prolonged periods or just for a short period, knowing that the initial flash would startle some of the people around her, even if they are, well, family of various distances. And give her headaches. As she would start to concentrate, her neural activity started to increase, and then... once it has increased enough, the loft's living room became as clear as day and everybody inside could see Jessica's nervous system turn a light shade of yellow through her skin, effusing the light side through it. Ziana was surprised by this sudden turn of events, and so was everyone in there, seeing Jessica turn into a phosphorescent medical scan. Yet Jessica was pretty used to being in that state by now...

"What's happening? It seems that you have become a walking street lamp!"

Simona Campos

S

Location: RAV Harlequin (Custom Kobold Blastboat fitted with an advanced stealth field generator and reflec coating.) Orbit over Nubia

"Unfortunately, there aren't much in the way of Rebel assets in Nuba City," she replied to Drystan. "It's the Commonwealth's primary stronghold on the planet, and they maintain a vice grip there. High Command has a strong suspicion that active Rebel cells there may have been compromised, which is why we called in outside help."

"As for transportation..." she muttered, making gestures to summon a new layout of Nuba City. "The city has an extensive subterranean maglev system. Several rails will take you on straight shot downtown in only a matter of minutes. That's your best bet if you can manage stowaway aboard a car. There's a terminal roughly half a block east of your insertion point. Of course, there will be a checkpoint covering it, but if you can slip past then you should have free reign underground until you get to near the government district."

She forwarded this new information to their datapads with a swipe.

"If that fails, you can take your chances on the surface. Nuba is a big industrial city, so the Commonwealth can't cover everything. Manufacturing plants are running 24/7, retooled for supplying the Commonwealth so it wouldn't be too hard slip in with the traffic."

"Rules of engagement. High Command would prefer we keep a minimal footprint here, so keep quiet and avoid contact where possible. It should be as if we were never here."

For now, Simona kept the contingency plan to herself. She needed them to believe that they were the only option to ensure success.

"Once you've completed your mission and have withdrawn from the government center, you can call in the dropship to pick you up in the city. By that time, Nuba should be in chaos."

She grinned.

"If there's nothing else, then I bid you two adieu. You both have about a good 20 minutes to get ready before I kick you off my ship. Good luck."

[member="Drystan Marakos"] [member="Allyson Locke"]

The suggestion that the pink-haired knight take point was one that Ranger Bluerock could agree with, and he gave the call for her to join with Ranger Mertyn up front. "Works for me. If you see anything up there with him, make sure to-"

Bluerock stopped in his tracks when he heard a crunch from off to the side. The aging Nosaurian slowly panned his attention over to Ranger Nolan, one of their fresher faces straight out of the Academy. The younger human's eyes were wide, and with good reason: he'd stepped on a Dryptodosaur eggshell.

"Everyone stop," he said, glancing over to [member="Scherezade deWinter"] who seemed the most openly willing to do violence in the group. It might be needed soon. "Nolan, move your foot."

He hurried over to where the younger Ranger stood and squatted down, giving the shell a quick examination. "It's freshly hatched. The membranes here are still wet. This one hatched earlier today, but..."

The Nosaurian's pause was accompanied by his attention following a barely noticeable trail of disturbed leaves and detritus. His theory was confirmed when his eyes fell on the remains of a Drypto next a few meters in the distance. One with several other broken eggs and likely the rest of the one Ranger Nolan had stepped on.

"We've wandered into a Drypto pack's territory," he said with dangerous solemnity.

"How did we miss that?" asked Ranger Mertyn, a look of well-placed concern on his face. "They don't usually nest this deep into the forest."

Bluerock let out a quiet chortle, amused by the situation despite its urgency. "Same reason we're on foot out here rather than going straight for a known location. These poachers are using sensor jammers, damn good ones too. Come on, let's get a move on and hope the pack this nest belongs to hasn't gotten our scent yet. Even with all these weapons those things are dangerous"

[member="Josh DragonsFlame"] [member="Riamah"] [member="Asaraa Vaashe"] [member="Rachel Taff"] [member="Yuroic Xeraic"]

With the last of her preparations made, and the confirmation that the speeder was outside to take them to the front, Ranger Kori was about to call the room to attention for the brief. She was interrupted, however, by a memo from a subordinate in the field, with information that changed the entire plan.

"Everyone, I need your attention please," she called out as she approached the podium, images set up behind her of the child in question, the area he went missing from, and various bits of evidence and clues. "I'm Ranger Kori. I'd like to thank our guests from the Silver Jedi in assisting us with the search. Our objective is to locate this child, Bolis Saanam, a young Togruta boy who went missing while on vacation with his parents two days ago. We've managed to find a trail that, as I've just been informed, unfortunately leads to an entrance to the crystal caverns. Right now we're operating on one of two assumptions: either the child wandered off on his own, or was taken by someone or something. In either case the caverns are a dangerous place for a child, not only due to the creatures but the environment itself."

While she didn't share their looks, Ranger Kori noticed a few of the other rangers exchanging glances, and she knew exactly what they were worried about. To her the 'children' were just a myth, something made up by parents to scare their own babes away from the caves. But that aside it was always a dangerous place.

"We have prepared heat-resistant suits for everyone willing to enter the caves, and there is a speeder outside that can get us directly to the entrance. If you're all ready, are there any further questions?"

[member="Hyonu Ye"] [member="Reggie Faayare"] [member="Ciana Teigra"] [member="Samara Raine"]

Finley Dawson

F
azDUpLUl.jpg

Objective: BYOO - Establish a clinic and new post for an SSC humanitarian mission.

Two of the passengers joined Finley in the cockpit area. Coincidently, both females had been noted as requiring special attention by the Corellian as their as their designated chaperone, though for completely different reasons.

The blonde, Eustachya, was still acclimating to modern times after spending most of her life in a primitive pre-industrial society.

The younger brunette, Seva Geroux, was an aristocrat and heiress from an important allied world. Any issues she faced abroad could stir an international incident.

Finley wasn't sure if he should be honored or worried.

"Well, as far as the overall mission here goes, the SSC is trying to help Duro's government get a handle on its pollution problem," he explained to Eustachya. "It's already led to most of the planet being depopulated, and within a century, the rest may follow suit if current trends persist."

The SSC outpost finally came into view through the thick haze, signal lights on towers flashing brightly as guidance. It was a small airfield at the outskirts of the city, surrounded by a ring of modular trailers.

"Our particular mission is much more specific. We'll be using the mission as a training opportunity. While not all of us are destined to be healers, it's important to be familiar with disaster relief - humanitarian work makes up the vast bulk of the SJO's operations."

Geroux didn't seem convinced, her disdain quite palpable. He forced a small smile, trying to stay positive.

"It's quite the undertaking," he admitted. "but we have experience with terraforming, which is what is required for this level of devastation. The real tricky part is dealing with over a billion people while doing it."

He worked the yolk, gently guiding the shuttle down on a vacant landing pad. The air was noticeably clearer outside of the main viewport, the outpost employing special force fields to filter harmful contaminants from the air.

"Ladies, this is our stop," he reported as he unbuckled himself from his seat. "why don't you two get everyone together and start pulling out the luggage?"

He slipped past them for the door right behind the cockpit. As soon as that door popped open, Finley was hit with a wall of stink. It was like the stench of rotten eggs, spoiled milk, and a bunch of other foul odors rolled into one. There were audible gagging noises from several of the padawan aboard, and even Finley himself recoiled a bit.

Evidently, the osmotic fields couldn't filter out everything. He shuddered to think what it was like outside of the barrier.

"Erm...take your time, guys," he said with an awkward chuckle.

This mission was already going swimmingly.

[member="Seva Geroux"] [member="Eustachya"]

Allies: [member="Simona Campos"] [member="Drystan Marakos"]
Equipment: in signature

A light chuckle escaped the Corellian as she nodded hearing the order from the Rebel leader. A cheeky little grin spread across her face as she nodded, saluted and then headed out the briefing room. There was a few last minute things she needed to handle along with get the ship ready for the situation they were going to be dealing with now that there were lightning storms.

Twenty minutes passed quickly and Allyson sat in the cockpit of the dropship, she waited till Drystan loaded up and when she did, the ship found its way towards the planet’s surface. Things were smooth and Allyson manually navigated through the storm, it helped having added control over the ship through the Force. They drew closer to their drop point. “Get ready, Drystan we’re almo-”

Suddenly, as Allyson was speaking a stray bolt struck the tip of the dropship. Hands moved quickly as she fought to stabilize the ship. Despite this, the ship for a moment was unstealthed and was out in the open. A slew of curse words came from the Corellian pilot as she decided it was time to get the bird landed. “Gonna be off the mark a little, Spec 2 - we’re landing now.” The ship’s stealth came back online, just in time for Allyson to land in a small area just outside the city.

Frustration was written on her face as she grabbed her gear and left the shuttle. Hopefully they were still okay and the mission could continue on just as planned. She didn’t say much at this point but waited for a second for her partner, then headed off towards the city.

Reggie analyzed the images, making sure that he knew what the child looked like and taking in the evidence just in case it came in handy. When Ranger Kori mentioned that the child was in the crystal caverns, Reggie's mind thought of all the rumors that surrounded the place. Reggie didn't actually have a extensive knowledge about the cavern.

Reggie was worried since surviving in the caverns without heat-resistant suits would ensure death, especially for a child. He didn't lose hope though, ready to proceed into the cavern.

"Do we know what kind of creatures we should be looking out for in the crystal caverns? I would just like to know what to expect inside."

This could have been a dumb question, but Reggie liked to know what to expect in such situations. Besides that, Reggie was already prepared to go.

"I'm ready to go when ready though."

[member="Lambent Eminence"] [member="Hyonu Ye"] [member="Ciana Teigra"] [member="Samara Raine"]

Objective 3: Operation Daybreak
Allies: [member="Allyson Locke"] [member="Simona Campos"]
Armed & Armored
ZXDmlmR.png
Simona's order saw Drystan turn to look at her comrade with a grin. "Yes, ma'am." The blonde Jedi said, tucking her datapad under her arm & following the Corellian out of the briefing room. Drystan retrieved a locked case & a small duffle bag from the quarters she'd been sharing during the brief trip, then met Allyson in the hanger. As the Technomancer worked her magic, preparing their shuttle, the Jedi Master made her own preparations.

From the locked case, she extracted a compact blaster from foam recesses - the Kitshor SPX had been especially designed for her by one of the SJO's greatest weaponsmiths, and would see combat for the first time since its' production. Along with the powerful, close-quarters weapon, she also equipped herself with a handful of M-ESMs, as well as her Shoto. She slipped the latter into a custom sheath built into her boot, which would protect it & secure it. She also chose a MSW-9b Molecular Stiletto, which conveniently appeared to be merely a simple datapad stylus - this, she slid into a slot in her armor on her chest, for easy access. Along with her weaponry, she also donned an Ancile Shield (a gauntlet) over her left forearm. If push came to shove, she'd rely on appropriating other weapons & equipment when on-site.​
Together, she & Allyson boarded the transport, leaving the Harlequin shortly thereafter and descending into the roiling, sparking, flashing haze of clouds & lightning which concealed the planet below from view.​
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~​
She'd been meditating; silent, seated in the small passenger area of the dropship, when Allyson's voice drew her immediately from a place of solitude & peace. Before Allyson had finished speaking, however, there was a great jolt which shook Drystan in her seat. The powerful shock of electricity which had struck the ship set them slightly off course, and Drystan could feel energy coursing through the air.​
"What in the Force...!" She exclaimed, waiting a moment for the turbulance to continue. When it did not, the Jedi woman moved to unbuckle her belt & stood. Allyson explained that they were landing immediately, and Drystan was inwardly grateful for it.​
"Alright... I'm ready." She said over their shared frequency.​
Once they'd touched down, she joined Allyson in disembarking, and the two found themselves on the planet of Nubia, alone & in the dark, with a brief hike ahead of them into the outskirts of the city. Above them, the sky was alive... Lightning streaked in all directions through heavy clouds, like jagged claws of light.​
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~​
Though they'd been knocked off course, the result was that they were able to approach the location of the underground transit station they'd learned about in their briefing from a slightly different direction. They still had plenty of time, and instead of approaching from the road, they crested a hill which provided them a clear view of the small outpost - and with some surveillance, they'd be able to identify whether an underground insertion by maglev tunnels would be feasible.​

Objective 1: Team Emergoop 2 - Electric Boogaloo
Allies: [member="Scherezade deWinter"] - [member="Riamah"] - [member="Rachel Taff"] - [member="Yuroic Xeraic"] - [member="Asaraa Vaashe"]

The news that one of their associates had stepped on what was apparently an eggshell, and that of a recently hatched and very dangerous creature, alarmed Josh as he seemed to realize right away that violence was likely going to be what ended up happening here. Even before they got to the poachers if they weren't careful. They were now in the territory of a pack, and odds were they'd have the group's scent before long. "We'd best get moving" Josh would agree as he would look to Asaraa to lead the group to where she felt was best. It was her first major test as a Knight but he knew she'd likely be up for the task.

The poachers were using sensor jammers... That would be problematic. They were more likely to run into trouble than they were to find their mark at this point. Or more specifically, trouble would likely find them first.

Eustachya looked over at the young brunette as Finley departed. "I can start on the latter if you wish to do the former," she offered, referring to the Master's requests. She did not mean to be rude, but the young Lady didn't have the body of a farmer--at least as far as the Sargus Novian could tell. The last thing Eustachya wanted to do was rudely assume, but she thought that the offer might have been appreciated nonetheless.

Even if Seva decided to follow her, Eustachya would duck out of the cockpit and bound after Finley. She didn't recoil, but the sudden unpleasant smells that rolled through the main hold and associated hallways caused her to slow to a walk. "...Aenuleth, Astroche, and Daphis," she muttered under her breath as she flipped up the excess front flap of her peplos tunic and held it bunched to her mouth. It only helped a little.

Coughing slightly, Eustachya continued to the cargo hold. She managed, somehow, to walk rather than waddle down the boarding ramp with multiple backpacks slung over her shoulders and carrying two medical containers stacked on top of each other, one large and one medium. As her hands were full, she could no longer cover her mouth. Instead, she scrunched her nose, trying to restrict air flow while limiting it to through her mouth.

Not that that was helping much either.

"Where shall I put these, Master?" she asked Finley.

~ [member="Finley Dawson"], [member="Seva Geroux"] ~

Objective: Avoid predators, find poachers
Allies: [member="Asaraa Vaashe"] | [member="Josh DragonsFlame"] | [member="Riamah"] | [member="Scherezade deWinter"]

Yuroic watched as more company, it was Master DragonsFlame and two female companions of his. He had heard the rumours that the Master liked the company of those leaning more to the Dark Side when it came to women but held his tongue. He was glad to see that Josh agreed to let Asaraa take lead on this mission. He was interested to see how the new Knight handled her first big mission. Hunting was always something he enjoyed, came from all the training he had living on forest worlds with deadly predators. It seemed that New Plympto was no different with a variety of deadly animals.

When a poacher stepped on an eggshell, Yuroic scanned their surroundings, with them entering the nest, the parents would never be far away. Instinct was always to protect the young, they needed to tread carefully. "Don't shoot them if they find us. The more noise we make, the more will come, the less chance of survival we have. I can communicate with them, done it many times." His Beast Control skills were one of his stronger Force Powers just through constant practice. He followed the others while keeping an eye out at all times.

Objective: BYOO (family reunion)

"Sometimes it seems that Jedi think mostly in terms of battle uses for a Force-power. While Jedi often seem to talk about self-reliance, they don't seem to extend the use of the Force to more pacific uses. Force-light, for example, could be used as an emergency light source"

The main powers she could think of that she knew could be used for mundane uses were pyrokinesis, cryokinesis, Force-light and Electric Judgment, mostly because she had padawans learn that stuff by using them for non-combat uses. Pure lightsaber jockeys tended to be picky around that stuff, but she was anything but a lightsaber jockey at this point. Now that they knew that was a thing, Jessica's family could no longer doubt her Jedi-hood. And, for all of them, they won't see Jessica's brightness the same ever again. True, Jessica's parents didn't see her in more than a decade, but it seemed that their attention was turned to Ziana. That one grandchild from Jessica; the other grandchildren, who, to Jessica, were nephews and nieces, were not simply trying to babysit Ziana. However, all that three-year-old Ziana could do with the Force that was readily visible to the outside was lifting toy-sized objects using telekinesis. And yet, if there was one moment in life where being too hard on a child could leave lasting scars, it was in early childhood, and they all knew it.

"Isn't that a bit premature to have Ziana trained at this tender age?"

"We know the Jedi of today typically become padawans by their teenage years or pre-teens, presumably because Jedi that join on their own accord are less vulnerable to external temptations. Plus it's not me doing this, it's Summer back on Glyss. I personally find it premature, but Omwati parenting can seem a little heavy on hothousing, at least to non-Omwati"

[member="Eustachya"] [member="Finley Dawson"]

Seva listened to Finley as he explained the SSC's goal here on Duro. Yes, her parents were quite fond of humanitarian work. This was the reason for her own visit to this wretched place, after all. Still, Seva would see a bit more of this place before committing to such a feat. As Finley put it, it was quite an undertaking. Just looking out the viewport, Seva could see that much for certain.

As the ship set down, she wrinkled her nose at Finley as he mentioned pulling out luggage.

However, the gentle blonde woman offered to take on that task, if Seva would be willing to gather everyone up. The young noble was amenable to that suggestion, and she gave a nod.

“Right, then.” She said, “We'll catch you up shortly.”

Walking through the corridors, she did her best to round up the others aboard the ship. Many were already in motion, sensing that the ship had reached its destination.

“Come along,” Seva called, “We've work to do, apparently.”

With a group of healers, scientists, and aid workers in tow, Seva followed after Finley and Eustachya. Stepping down the ramp wasn't a pleasant move, by any means. The young woman pinched the bridge of her nose as she approached the pair, chin held slightly aloft.

Objective: 1
Companions: [member="Josh DragonsFlame"] [member="Asaraa Vaashe"] [member="Rachel Taff"] [member="Yuroic Xeraic"] [member="Scherezade deWinter"]

The comment Asaraa made caused a smile to show on Ra's face. She was totally willing to give other people the opportunity to lead. If things went askew, there were others that could step up and clean up the mess. In this situation, that would be Josh and herself.

As for getting the way of the rangers, she shrugged. They were just as likely to get in their way as the other way around. Both sets of people had ideas on how to accomplish something. Maybe a friendly challenge would be in order. To find out which way worked better. At least the girl agreed that the less killing the better it would be.

One of the rangers stepped forward and crunched into something. Ended up being an eggshell of some creature.

"Well, one hatched...herd area and these are babies. Which means the parent is going to be close. No problem."

Wanting to smack the guy for not watching where he walked, her fist clenched at her side. That was the only movement Ra made until Josh spoke up that they should get a move on.

If their sensors and other tech was jammed, they would need to figure out alternate plans on communications. This might also mean the poachers were without means of talked to each other. One could hope they were stupid enough to do that.

One of their other companions she had met before spoke up indicating he had the ability to control them brought her up short.

"You and I might be able to work together in that. One of my most recent skills has been about learning beast control. Could always use more lessons in that. I do agree though, the more noise we make, the more attention we will get. If it's possible for some of us to sneak around, it would probably be better."

As an assassin, she was skilled in going into stealth and it was a skill she felt the others should know as well. If not, they might be in trouble.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom