Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jedi Conclave on Exis Station [Open to Lightsiders - GA, SSC, etc.]

She was looking at the grandmaster [member="Shmi Labooda"] with a nod of her head while continuing the works they had going over some of the things. She could hear the others talking and remained quite looking at the table that [member="Jorus Merrill"] was unloading as she spoke. Less to be disrespectful but just for the lists that she liked keeping and paperwork. "Master Merrill, just to make sure none of those are dangerous correct?" She asked it while filling out the list and taking pictures for each one with counts to ensure they were documented without being taken. She could handle that and waited to hear from him but guessing that he wouldn't really endanger or risk it if padawans sought to learn from them. The construction reports from the droid foreman coming through on another datapad on her forearm showing the holographic display that was popping up. The work on the sections of the station coming to things they had going up.

As Josh was a member of the Sanctum himself, although loosely affiliated, he didn't speak when [member="Dune Rhur"] would suddenly speak out. He had to admit, he had some points. He was both right and wrong in this case. But once again... People were just pointing fingers instead of getting things done. He remained with Grandmaster Labooda as she had asked him to, watching, and listening. Everyone had a difference in opinion. He had to admit, though... A lack of leaders from the other Jedi Orders was disheartening. Representatives? Did they not take them seriously enough that they sent representatives and nothing more? Did they only see what was within their goals? Josh had said it himself earlier... They were all Jedi. Did it really matter what organization you were from? If a Jedi called for help, would someone from another Jedi Order answer? Or would they leave them to rot just because they were under another banner? He didn't know the answer to that question...

He wasn't sure if he wanted to know the answer to that question.

Grandmaster Labooda had spoken soon after, addressing the words of the others. Josh found himself pleasantly surprised by her words, and a small smile crossed his lips. But the meeting was soon to begin... Hopefully there, some clarity would be found.

Nameless One said:
"Master Merrill, just to make sure none of those are dangerous correct?"
Jorus grinned, taking no offence. Frankly, he took it as a good sign that he'd helped amplify a culture of artifact safety. No such culture had existed back in the day.

"Nope. Been through all of'em, me or people I trust. One hundred percent bona fide light side. Apart from personal bios and such, there's nothing in'em past core powers, a few tricks, and the Jedi Code. The most aggressive thing in there is Djem So, and that's all aboveboard." He glanced at the list, then looked up at her camera as she took pictures. "Good thought, but seriously, don't worry about it." He pulled out one final tray of little holocrons and produced the Silvers' usual forms for these things. "All filled out down to the accession numbers, or I wouldn't have started passing'em out."

He offered his hand. "I think you've got the advantage of me. Your name's slipped my mind."

[member="Nameless One"]

Nodding to [member="Shmi Labooda"], he turned back to the assembled Jedi and spoke again.

"Do not misunderstand, Masters [member="Jorus Merrill"] and [member="Joshua DragonsFlame"], this has nothing to do with politics. I merely point out that our division has led to the current state of affairs in the galaxy. We say we are united, and yet, piecemeal efforts have accomplished very little."

"Yes, the recent actions of certain members of the Republic were deplorable, but justice will be meted out by the Supreme Court. We are not politicians or judges and it is out of our hands. Instead of focusing on this, why do we not focus our energies where they are needed most. Against the Sith."

[member="Mantic Dorn"], @TheNamelessOne [member="Maya Carrick"]

[member="Dune Rhur"]

Jorus hadn't said anything, so he glanced up from the holocrons as the Bith mentioned his name. "Kid," he said mildly, "and sorry, I don't know your name -- here's the thing. I can't count the number of times Jedi from the Republic have sneered at me and mine at the same time as they're begging for our help. While we're giving it. Dying for it, some of us."

He shook his head and went back to unpacking holocrons. "Just doesn't seem like the best way of workin' toward unity, is all. I'd thought we'd moved past that stuff. Let's keep on moving past it." He hefted the empty crate and shoved it under the side table against the wall, then shrugged. "Anyways."

"And that is the crux of the issue," the Bith replied "You allow it to become personal and, in so doing, you lose sight of the larger picture."

He parted his robes and lifted the tunic underneath, revealing the scars across his torso.

"This is the larger picture, a small piece rather, of what the Sith have done and will continue to do. I'm fortunate to have the Force as my ally and so I continue to live. Many have not been so fortunate as I have and many more yet suffer."

He let go of the tunic's rough fabric and let it settle, adjusting his clothes.

[member="Dune Rhur"]

Jorus rubbed his face. "Seriously, if you don't want people to take things personally, stop running around saying they're not true Jedi. Stop saying they're not doing their part when you don't have a clue. This, right here, is why the Order is broken: because Jedi like you run around insulting and denigrating their allies, and then trying to claim the high ground when people get offended. It's a pattern going back a decade. This is why the Republic has allies, but no friends. Have the last word if you like. I've got things to do."

Shaking his head, he examined the layout of holocrons. It would do. Paperwork all in order, box stowed away, labels laid out. He touched one of the blue cubes with a wan smile, then left the room.

Ella was late. Whilst on en route to the Exis Station, the Sochi Ru dropped out of hyperspace under the machinations of her astromech, Arsix. According to the little droid, the ship required a few hours to cool down. Apparently, Ella had pushed the ship too hard, and if they continued at the pace she had set, then the hyperdrive would break. The Sochi Ru didn't have a back up hyperdrive, so it would be disastrous if they were to break down.

So Ella had waited. Patience was one of the lessons that she had trouble following. Instinctive, she had always gone with them rather than waiting and analyzing the situation. Perhaps that was why she had been locked away in the Black Pyramid for all those months. But she knew that peace had to be negotiated at this point. The Republic didn't have much fight left in it's ranks. It was a broken faction, torn apart by war and conflict. She knew that the Jedi were not soldiers, but rather peacekeepers that had, for the most part, failed in it's mandate. So the mission she had set herself on after Contruum was vital. And so she had come to Exis Station to get advice, council and wisdom from Jedi Masters she had yet to meet.

Docking with Exis Station, Ella climbed out of the Sochi Ru and lowered herself onto the hangar bay floor. Behind her, Arsix detached itself from the astromech section that Ella had installed for him. She hardly went anywhere without her astromech. His companionship was one of the few comforts Ella enjoyed and he had proven to be useful in more ways than one. "Best behaviour, Arsix. No pranks," said Ella, as they made their way to where she sensed the Jedi had convened.

Blowing a raspberry, Arsix swiveled his head away from her, almost like he was annoyed with the minor infraction. But Ella knew that he enjoyed playing mischievous jokes on other people. It was probably an error in one of his subroutines, left over from his time as the sidekick of a Corellian smuggler Ella had helped to arrest on Coruscant during her formative years as Sochi Ru's Padawan learner. Despite his mischievous side, Ella had never given thought to looking into it, in an effort to fix the error (if it was one) because it was apart of who Arsix was and she wouldn't change that for nobody.

Ella entered the convention, just as [member="Jorus Merrill"] finished talking. Turning her eyes, she saw [member="Dune Rhur"] nearby and gathered that the Jedi Master was talking to the Bith. Ella knew of Dune by reputation from the Republic Force Enclave on Yutan, but the two had never met. Her upper lip curled for a moment, a pang of annoyance that was all too familiar. She was aware of the false dichotomy between the Jedi. The 'us and them' mentality was a byproduct of the perspective that Jedi, like Jorus, had abandoned the Republic and left it to be fed upon by the One Sith. Ella had even thought the same way at some point, but she knew that mentality was one of the reasons why the Jedi Order was fractured and had decided to think of it in a different way.

Just behind the two, Ella spotted [member="Mantic Dorn"] and couldn't help but smile at seeing him. She considered Mantic a mentor, a guide in the dark on the eve of battles. He had saved her on Yutan and helped her get back to the code. Without him, Ella knew that she would have fallen to the dark side. She knew that it was up to her to continue walking, talking, breathing- acting- as a Jedi, and so the choice was up to her, but Mantic had done his part in stopping her from falling over the ledge.

Deciding to stay silent for the most part, Ella moved along the edges of the convention. Arsix rolled beside her, eerily quiet, almost as if he too could sense the tension in the air. She could wait for a little while more before asking questions, getting answers and so on. Hooded, the Jedi Knight moved quietly.

[member="Jorus Merrill"]

She was about to answer when another knight spoke looking at the Bith and she almost felt fluttered.... She wasn't used to speaking in large groups or around confrontation.... or to other people in general. her padawan was here but he was her padawan. By most things what she said he did unless her judgement was imparied through natural or artificial means. She waited a moment until it had seemed to quiet down before speaking composing herself. "I am simply a jedi assigned to the council by the grandmaster. In charge here of ensuring Exis Station under the reconstruction efforts get completed. Though some have taken to calling me Je'daii either in jest or scorn as my old master left to try and recreate them in the outer rim."

Nefertari was somewhat used to large gatherings, though they still tired her out. She had been here for a while, but had kept silent. She harbored no ill for any of these Jedi, though she could sense a schism between the factions trying to mend itself, and didn't want to disrupt that. She'd heard the words of her fellow council members, and really had little if anything to add.

Exis Station seemed like it would make a good home for the order Nef loved...of course, she'd thought that about multiple places...so she wasn't exactly holding her breath.
The knight looked around either for somebody to talk to or just a way to be useful in general.

Adam Driver

A
Mess Hall
Doll House

He, was human. Something new. Something old. Something?.. Well. Heh. Something she didn't quite understand. But wanted to. Desperately.

"Adam."

She asked with a bird's cock of her head. Punctuating his human name with a quick flip of her golden hair,

"Yeah Gem. What is it now."

His voice was tired. Not annoying like their first outing but... Tired. Just like his eyes.

"Um. What is that?"

"Hmm?"

"That. That thing you're reading."

"Oh. It's the cargo reports. We dropped off the rebuilding supplies and will be going back with the recycling. It's... Mostly plastics. Mm. Why?"

She smiled. She liked smiling. She was getting good at smiling. It was almost comfortable now. Something new. Something old. Something?.. Well. Something she didn't quite understand. But wanted to. Desperately.

"Oh. You've been staring at it for minutes now. Just wondering."

"Ah. Yeah look... We'll go exploring soon, okay. Breakfast was just a bit heavy. That's all. Sorry."

He rubbed his tired eyes and stood up from his chair. Rolling his shoulders and suppressing a yawn. She never yawned. She never got tired. But then again. She wasn't human either.

"Adam. Can we go now?"

"Yeah. Sure. Just let me clean up."

Gem smiled again and rose from the bench. Watching him clear the platters and dump the trays near the trash. She memorized it. She memorized everything.

"Okay Gem. ...Where to?"

"Upstairs. I want to see all the people. I want to look around."

"Sure. Couldn't hurt to see what's what. Why not. ...Let's go."

He moved towards the door but stopped when she took his arm. Turning, her smirked at the gesture. A new first for the computer. She smiled and rested her head against his shoulder. Her eyes watching his. Fluttering and eager for a new adventure. Nah. It was cute really. Like a happy puppy, he thought. No. Like a little girl playing house. A computer making her first friend.

"Adam."

"Yeah."

"Let's go. Together."

"Sure Gem. Together."

Now. Now it was a smile they both shared. His was human. Genuine. Hers was genuine too, I guess. Almost comfortable now. Both of them feeling something new. Something old. Feeling something they both didn't quite understand. But wanted to.

Desperately.

[[you guys are awesome, every ten posts after that initial 30 is more we can put onto the station]]

More people were arriving or at least that is what her streams were indicating as the jedi knight looked at a few of the streams for the construction or in the mess hall the small dodoria droids were roaming around and serving food or cleaning up for everything. She could see and hear the others who were there including one of the other council members who was a jedi knight [member="Nefertari Sovint"] that was... interesting and not someone she had ever really spoken with... not even once.... but she had amazing hair and the zeltron knew how much human social interaction required you to compliment hair and how not fat pants usually made people look. She had to be careful though looking at the datapad about what not to do or ask in public to make sure she was following the checklish.

Dune sighed with frustration, shaking his head. He was tired of this politicking and turned on his heel and strode back off to the archives. Perhaps there he could do something useful for the Order. He had to work especially hard to keep his anger down, going back to the breathing exercises taught to him as a Padawan.

Entering the archives once again did help a little, bringing a small smile to his lips. However, even losing himself in organizing stacks of data cards didn't totally take his mind off of things. Oh, the anger died down but it was replaced with a sense of bitter frustration. His careful handling of the valuable information belied the sea of darker emotions swirling within him.

He knew it wasn't in keeping with the teaching of the Order but then....Dune shook his head and sighed again as he carefully placed a stack in their proper place on the shelves. This had been a sense of growing frustration in him practically since the start of his Knighthood. A stark realization occurred to him; what was a Jedi anymore in this universe?

Suddenly weary, he slid down in the aisle and rested his head against the shelves, wishing it could somehow be different.

So many more were arriving and construction was still progressing on schedule. We were not going to waste time when it came to some of the things here or there. In truth there was also the important part of some of the things they wanted to get built into the station.... what special features did they like that Sasori and the Saratai could provide compared to anything else. "Grandmaster, this unit will require you to sign off on some of the things. artifact vaults and a nullification resin level. The creators have sent out teams to recover artifacts and a secure level will be required. Additionally there is stygium cloaking devices that have been made at the request of Corvus Raaf. Would these be wanted?"

"That's enough, the both of you"

The Jedi Master would speak calmly as he looked from [member="Jorus Merrill"] to [member="Dune Rhur"], no malice in his voice. But his tone was commanding in other fashions, even if he did not raise his voice. "I understand that the both of you have concerns. That the both of you have sacrificed. I know that just as much as you" He would admit, and frowned, biting his lip. "I've lost -everyone- that was close to me. My family, my friends, everyone that I've ever loved is gone. I walk alone in this galaxy now because of one thing, and that is the Sith. As Jedi, we fight, and we die, to bring peace to this galaxy... And the Sith are threatening that peace" He spoke softly.

"But arguing amongst ourselves won't do a thing. I don't care who or what you think is a real Jedi. If you think a branch of the Jedi isn't doing their part, feel free to voice it, but please try and be calm. And please try to respect your fellow Jedi... Because even under another banner... One thing is clear..." He trailed off.

"I am a Jedi" He spoke. "You, are a Jedi" He added as he pointed to Jorus Merrill.

"You are a Jedi" to Dune Rhur.

"You are a Jedi" to [member="Nameless One"].

"You, are a Jedi" once again to [member="Nefertari Sovint"], then to [member="Shmi Labooda"], then to [member="Ella Nova"] and the others in the area.

"Republic... Silver Sanctum... Jedi Order... Etc, etc... None of these matter. Sure, I'm fully aware that there are political agendas, some orders only seeing what's in front of them and what's in their line of thinking... But that's why we're here. THIS... Is why Grandmaster Labooda has called this meeting... The Sith are a menace. And I refuse to stand idly by while they kill us off. While we SACRIFICE ourselves in battle, while we lose our loved ones... I won't let that happen anymore..." He spoke, his voice heightening a little and his teeth gritted as the passion flowed from his voice. He'd loved the Jedi and their mission from when he was just a child. When he saw what the Sith could do firsthand... And he'd do whatever it took to see it through. "But we can't stop them if we don't work together. Air your grievances if you wish, but do so in the respect to the fact that each and every single one of us here has the same mission. Only together can we stop this. And only together... Can we truly be a united force that can be called.... Jedi."

He took a deep breath. "Bickering will get us nowhere... Fact"

"That'll be all. May the representatives please make their way into the chambers" He spoke as he watched Jorus leave, and Dune calm himself for the time being. The former Grandmaster would take a deep breath and relax himself for a moment, before glancing toward the new Grandmaster and nodding curtly before walking ahead of her into the chambers. Action needed to be taken... The Jedi needed to band together here and now. Fighting amongst themselves wouldn't get them anywhere.

Medical Labs, Research Labs and Botanical modules

"Careful with those." She was looking at them with a raised eyebrow under the bodysuits mask working on the medical center of the facilities. They had a massive station to work with and she could get their medical stations up and running. The force healing tech along with the sciences as she spoke. "I want out crystal presses in here, with the nysillin stores. Place bacta and kolto tanks along the walls." She stayed in place directing it and letting the droids work on the construction. They had a large space to work with and could build up everything around it as she left plenty there for Shmi to work with. The synthetic healing crystals of fire being brought in with some crates for the wall so they could work with them. She started helping with some of the seed packets. "Get to work on our botanical sections and hanging gardens I want Nysillin to be planted and set up in the modules as quickly as we can. Food and animal modules for cloned livestock to function and make this place sustainable."

[member="Shmi Labooda"]

Orihime was glad she had come along, the personal docking bays and arms for the ship were one fo the first things her mother and Kay had gotten them to fix up when they found the station as she was looking over a few of the things. She was standing in the robes and presented herself with a smile when entering the large room and looking at the grandmaster of the jedi order at the table. "Grandmaster Labooda, my mother sends her regards and hopes everything has been to your liking. She and Senator Kay worked hard when they found the station to restore it to what they could and now working with you it should be more then able to be reconstructed and upgraded. She will be coming soon with a stygium cloak she won at auction for you when it is time to move the station to its new home. She hopes you will accept her recommendation of location within silver sanctum space as it will allow the jedi what they need to heal and restore balance within the order." The padawan clasped her hands in front of herself as she spoke bowing her head.

Listening that is what she was good at not only that but not reaction as fast as it seem other was upon the one that seem to be at difference with some of the group. Personal she hadn't had the pleasure of working with [member="Jorus Merrill"] it was the whispers that she had hurt that made her node at him with respect. There it was that very thought was the word of respect of each other. Finding it more and more that there was lack of it even then there was more of the fact that one like herself so wise in words.

There it was not wanting to wait any more of this one [member="Dune Rhur"] giving him a very look that only showed concern for what was being said. In a way she had her own thought on this all. Respect my brothers and sisters " as she looked at [member="Mantic Dorn"] with a smile upon her own lips. Not only was the others very dear and close to her heart as each every one that stood today on be half of the light side of the force. Later after this all she would speak to Master Dorn about how her daughters Training was going for her.

There is a lot of lack of it in this very place, we that are gathered are different from each other with our race, skin, and how we learn in the lightside of the force. That what makes the lightside of the force became that beacon of light that the darkness needs in this galaxy, One might side we need to hit them hard at the very heart of their being, is that any better then what the sith themselves. As Master Merrill has speak, the SSC have done our own share of battle against the darkness, keep the sith from the very tools that they need to take over and blanket more of the galaxy with their darkness. Its during that time that I have along with speaking as the Leader of the Healers of the SSC, doing our part I created a long ago the Silver Cross fleet to give aid not only medical but also supplies to planets that need that help to stare off the darkness from taking over.

What is darkness that should be one question that all she be asking ourselves, how should we deal with it among ourselves, first only to if one walk in the light would one not want to strike a blow to a fellow sister or brother of here but have enough respect to know they are doing what they can to battle the darkness with in the galaxy.

Not all can follow the path of being a warrior of the light, but carrying a sword to give out justify to the ones that use the dark side of the force. Now for me my best skills is in the art of healing, do I feel that my skill isn't any less important then one that can speak with words or use a sword to do the same thing to battle against the darkness of this galaxy. No, we all have this start to open your minds to know that with out each part we can't begin to under stand what it is to be called united against one foe.

Can you say to the eye, I don't need you, or to the ear I don't need you, no all parts of our body is needed some might have more important ones then other never less they are all important, as they all do their part, with out them the others couldn't do their part. We are all doing what we can to see that the darkness is over come in this galaxy, some might not chose to be so boastful about it.

Think on this please my fellow brothers and sisters of the light.

Even know she knew what the Heavenshield's was facing was darkness on planet, as it might be one planet but from one planet if the darkness wasn't stop the sith wasn't stopped on that planet it could grow to more planet around [member="Thurion Heavenshield"] home planet. [member="Abaigeal E'ron"] would met Maya eyes, as she would show nothing but respect for her and understanding that someone like her was needed, could feel that someday she would make a leader like her mother had been so long ago. Going so far to know that why one [member="Xander Carrick"] had so much respect for what she did as a healer not only to heal physical wounds upon others, but also the mental, and spirituality of the very force itself. It was deeply part of her now as if she had became one with in the living force feeling every where she went no in the galaxy no matter how tiny the seed was on a planet there was always hope.

Giving the Grand Master a nod, and smile upon her lips [member="Shmi Labooda"].

There was a look on her face when the master pointed to her as jedi didn't speak. Keeping up with the different screens and listening to what might be added was itself a full time job. She was looking over more of the designs and where they were going as the disc shape of the station was starting to spread out on its stands with the large acquisitions ring being set up. Something for them to fill and gather different things with before she spoke. "I am not certain what was just said but we have more then enough hospital ships provided to us along with our synthetic healing crystals of fire and medical technology." She was saying it to no one really while monitoring the screens and following it. "Though councilor Dragonsflame is correct though reading some of the minutes from previous conclaves the same opinion has been expressed multiple times as well as plans and offers. As fun as it is to repeat the same things and hope for different results perhaps there is a new tactic we have yet to try to work towards fostering unity. This article I have been reading says the twelve steps to a strong foundation is trust and it provides group activities."

Adam Driver

A
Observation Deck
With Eyes to See

Space was beautiful to her. A master's canvas and a scholar's mighty prose. A bedtime story and a midnight's full adventure. One that could last long long, out into forever. Lulling even the mightiest predator into the small humility of an endless night's sleep. Why, even with all her limitless power and computation might? Space still made her feel small. Small, vulnerable, and quiet.

"Adam."

"Yeah Gem."

She snuggled up closer to his body as the stood in the dim light. Eyes out into the great expanse. Ignoring the party and the play being acted out all around them.

"What does it mean to be human?"

"..."

His eyes didn't narrow and his heartbeat didn't falter. Gem was always asking questions. Deep or shallow. Long or quick. For all her majestic beauty and quick studies? Sigh. She was still very much a teenager inside. Young and inexperienced. Perhaps? Impressionable to a fault too.

"I don't know Gem. We humans just tend to live by faith and let the lessons come to us. Being brave. Always mixing. Always new."

"But how do you function without programming? Without a purpose to your life."

He smiled. Figure a computer for such a thought. Ha. All she needed was a little more time around humans. She'd get the hang of it. No doubt.

"Humans aren't like computers Gem. We aren't programmed. We're born. Our parents and friends provide an example of life as it is lived in the moment. Guide us from our present and into our future. But always we are free according to our own choices. To be good. To do bad. To program ourselves and our own bodies. Every single new day is a challenge and an adventure. Knowing light because there is dark. Knowing life because there is death. Seeing the world with eyes to see and listening to our hearts with ears to hear."

He smiled and turned. Placing his cheek against the top of her golden head. Letting her lean on him as he leaned her. Impressionable and soft.

"...Look Gem. You don't need to figure out everything just-this-moment to live your life well. You don't need to understand all of it, to act."

"Oh?"

"Learning is just as much about making mistakes as it is about getting things right. That's what it means to be human."

She rubbed her head against his shoulder and thought about that. Bringing herself closer to him in mind and in body. Listening to his heartbeat and enjoying the warmth of his strong arms. Seeing the galaxy now. Watching it move and shift right outside the glittering transparasteel window. Seeing the stars with her eyes and with her heart. Yes. With eyes to see.

"Adam. Do you think I could be human too?"

"Gem. Please."

He pulled her aside and stared deep into her eyes. Letting her face blossom from it's safe haven and rise up again anew. Her eyes. Those pure blue glittering eyes. That could mimic his own so very very well.

"Gem. I think you can be whatever you want to be. All you have to do is have faith in yourself. ...And live."

"...Adam, I."

She didn't know what to say. Her years of programming failed her. Her memories of past lives and past experiences were all based on a computer's binary vision. Not this. Not these mortal emotions. Not life through the eyes of a woman. A hybrid intelligence. She wasn't just learning how to think now. Maybe... Maybe she was learning how to feel now too. Maybe. Just maybe.

This robot had a heart after all.

Driver looked up to the door as two Jedi Knight's entered the Observation Deck to chat. He separated himself from her and watched the two Jedi mingle. They talked about galactic politics. About war and separate nations. Things that Adam knew one day Gem would have to talk about too. Things he knew that she would have the power to change. But... Before that time came he wanted her to have something entirely. He wanted her to have herself.

"Gem."

"Yes?"

She was quiet. Lost in thought. Watching the stars move out beyond the far lightning nebula. Watching day break over the horizon and glitter against the blue twinkling planet below.

"Look. We have faith in you Gem. Me. Roberts. Terry and the boys. The Silvers back on Voss. Everybody. ...Everybody who helped pull you out of that carter and gave you a new chance in the world. We have faith Gem. ...You're gonna be alright. I promise."

She was smiling now. A tear filling up in her bright blue eyes. Feeling lost. Feeling found. Remembering something. ...Something old. Something new. Something she didn't quite understand. But wanted to. Desperately. ...So. Gem was going to do what she never thought she could. Something she thought no computer ever had. She was going to believe the way the humans do. She was going to have faith.

She was going to believe.

"Gem?"

"Yeah."

"How about we go back to the ship now and see what R2's been up too eh?"

"But... Wait. Didn't you come here to mingle with the Jedi, Adam?"

"Nah. I came here to make a delivery for Master Roberts. And that's what I did. Case closed."

She seemed surprised but quickly swaggered a smile,

"I see. Case closed then."

"Exactly. Case closed."

Gem gave a nod of her and looked back at the two Jedi Knights nearer the door. I guess they could skip the speeches and the politics today. Skip the pontiffs and the cool-kid crowds too. Skip the hi's, the bye's, and all the back-patting too. It honestly made the little supercomputer smile even more.

Well. Besides... They only needed 30 posts anyway. Right?

"Very well Adam! Then I shall accompany you back to the ship."

"Oh really? Are you sure you don't want to stop on the way down and say hello to any Grandmasters on the way out eh?"

"Nope!"

She jumped forward and latched herself onto his arm. Throwing her female body against his chest and smiling,

"I've got all a girl needs, right here."

"Haha. Okay there, easy little super computer. Easy. ...It's a supply run. Not a date. Remember?"

"Oh. Well. I'm sure we can fix too. One day."

"Righttt."

They both smiled and nodded, and let the universe outside spin itself away. Taking each other by the arm and walking out the doors, and right past the mingling Jedi too. Past the mess hall and the elevators, and down the great long stairs with an easy happy trot. Back out to their ship and past the long hanger doors. Which would close shut behind them tightly. With a whisk and a hush. Back out to there mischievous R2 unit and the low humming of their ship's wild engines. Back and back and back. All the way to the Hyperlanes and then out onto home. Like a fairy tale,

"Okay co-pilot." Adam gave with a smirk, "Lay in our course for the jump to Lightspeed."

"Aye aye Captain." Gem pushed the buttons with a cheerful smirking voice, "Course is locked in. Second star to the right. And straight on till morning."

A fairy tale made just for two.

The End.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom