Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I've Gotta Feeling That Tonight Is Going To Be A Droid Night (GA Dominion of Abregado-Rae)

"I think that would be best. We can assist a new official in establishing themselves and support their legitimacy." Draco knew Faith was interested in helping her father's homeworld, but she herself was stretched too thin to do it herself. On her own. Atrisia would need its own government to rebuild after the One Sith's installed monarchy. It would be a time consuming process, one the Princess of Alderaan and a new mother, shouldn't shoulder on her own accord.

"As a Mandalorian, I cannot support the continued involvement of the current monarchy in any capacity however. They are not only Sith, but they are just One Sith remnants and the damage they did to their own people and planet. My people didn't fight and die to see the same leadership we defeated continue on." It was a bit more than just being a Mandalorian. Largely the reasoning was because his brothers and sisters had died on Atrisia to free it, and if the same monarchy held power, it would be a dishonor to all those that had died, scarring their sacrifice and marring their honor in their deaths. In all honesty though, Draco sincerely doubted their were plans in the GA hierarchy to allow that.

Laira and Theo squirmed and scrambled in the grass, crawling over Draco and plucking things out of the ground as they went. "Yes HK, same location." Draco said off handed, turning his attention to his children with a grin when Theo handed him a clover. There was nothing special about it other than Theo had decided he liked it. "Oh, thank you Theo. I love it." Not to be outdone, Laira pulled up a handful of grass and stuck it into Draco's palm with a squeal of delight. "Thank you too, Laira."

[member="Faith Organa"] [member="HK-36"] [member="Rhen Qel-Droma"]

Objective: Cleaning crew
Allies: [member="Siriwook"]

"You're right, the patient abused stims. And no, you haven't killed the patient. I'll just use Detoxify Poison on the patient so that the concentration of stims in it will be healthier"

Taurine, guarana, these were too heavily concentrated for what was healthy. Probably some youngster that engaged in binge drinking in a party or some other such thing, perhaps that patient was running for its life back on Atrisia, she thought. She knew that people in survival situations would go to great lengths to survive those: when faced with a fight-or-flight kind of thing many people just leave common sense out of the window. In such cases she knew people would fight fire with fire. Poor patient: hopefully this near-death experience would teach the patient a lesson in drug abuse. Sometimes, but not always, a patient who survived drug abuse would begin rehab as part of a life-altering transformational experience. While that patient would be transferred off the emergency ward, only the Force would be able to tell what will the next patient come with. This unending stream of patients make her uncomfortable, but she had to accept it as a fact of the profession.

[member="Cathul Thuku"]'s diagnosis confirming what Siriwook believes about the heart attack patient, Siriwook decides to ask him about why he was using a stim in the first place.

"I couldn't breathe down there! Jar'kai. I just couldn't breathe!" Siriwook is confused by this. How could anyone live without breathing? Sure, there were some species that did, but that was beside the point. She looks up information about the atmospheric conditions of Abregado-Rae around Jar'kai city and finds that there is a natural disaster, a volcanic ash cloud, polluting that part of the planet. Siriwook asks her Mistress,

"[Can we do something about the cloud? Or make masks... so people can breathe?]" Siriwook thinks of her own mask, a Lifeday gift she'd received. Could she really make a mask to protect the people trying to clean up and save lives down there?

[member="HK-36"] [member="Draco Vereen"] [member="Faith Organa"]

One could understand the concern bathing Her Majesty's face. He agreed. Pragmatic to that point, perhaps due to being a Corellian, Rhen knew that having such a child on the throne would only invite trouble. Whatever manner of guidance and care the citizens of Atrisia required was best left to her people. However, humanitarian aide and any service that Rhen and the New Jedi Order could provide was at least at his disposal.

A nod came.

"Then let us at least ensure you are comfortable for your meeting. With luck, we can discuss with the Ambassador after talking with the Baron and come to an appropriate solution that is best for the people of Atrisia. If we can name a representative of the planet itself that you are aware would be best suited for talks I would advise to do so."

They came towards the conference chamber and Rhen took a step forward to open the doors. "Allow me." he said, knowing that the pair would need both of their hands.

"Please, make yourselves at home." he gestured for them to walk in. There was a large table and plenty of chairs. Also enough room for the little ones to play around in if they so desired.

"Is there anything that you may need?"

Jar'kai, Atrisia

To say that this was a humanitarian crisis was an understatement. An ash cloud hung over the planet, the surface had been devastated by Force Storms and volcanic cyclones. Jar'kai, the capital city, lay mostly in ruins.

Everywhere one looked, one saw devastation. Ruined buildings, broken bodies, shattered lives. The very soul of the city had been poisoned by the black magicks used by the Sith in a desperate bid to stop the Coalition of the Willing from toppling their evil regime.

The Dark Side was strong here. Siobhan could feel its power when the Firemane convoy moved across a ruined road. All the mass deaths had created a dark side nexus. She felt a cold chill run down her spine, and the whispers of disembodied spirits clawed at her mind.

The convoy consisted of armoured speeders, trucks and Yazgid IFVs. It was quite explicitly not a conquering force or an occupation one. Rather it would deliver humanitarian aid, medical supplies, food and so on. Ideally, it would be able to help give the locals something that many of them must be terribly lacking by now: Hope.

It did not take long before they were surrounded by a crowd. They were as unruly as could be expected of a people that had suffered hammerblow after hammerblow. In the far distance, one could see mountain slopes and the Imperial Palace. The Sith were long gone, for despite their fancy rhetoric about caring about Atrisia, it had been just another tool to them. Are you any different? one of the voices asked. Siobhan paid the whispers no mind. "Stop the convoy. I want to address the crowd," she ordered curtly.

Siobhan arose and disembarked from the speeder. She'd foregone her beskar'gam and wore only a light suit of armour, while her feet were tucked into practical boots. "My Lady, I don't think this is wise. The crowd could get violent at any time, and there may still be snipers lurking in the ruins," one of her guards, a former Atrisian stormtrooper called Mei-Ling, cautioned her.

The Countess just gave her a beatific smile. "Trust me. People of Jar'kai, my name is Siobhan Kerrigan," she declared when she stepped atop of a pile of rubble, which looked like the fallen pillar of a temple. A long time ago, the Atrisian Emperor had made her a baroness, before Atrisia's misfortune began.

"Some of you may remember me. When the Lords of the Fringe invaded this world and the CIS rained down Lucrehulks upon this city, I defended it. Atrisia is a proud world that has suffered greatly at the hands of tyrants. To my regret, I could not aid when the Sith came, but now I extend my helping hand," she declared. She carried no megaphone, but used the Force to amplify her voice.

"The tyrants that oppressed you have been defeated, at great cost. War has scarred this planet, everyone of you has suffered a loss, but it can and will rise again from the ashes. I've brought food, medical aid and ships that can resettle those who want to a build a new future. Moreover, Firemane will you the tools so that you're never at someone else's mercy again and will be allow any able Atrisian to join our ranks, with full benefits."

"What does full benefits mean?" one Atrisian asked. Siobhan looked upon him and saw that he only had one leg. He wore the uniform of an Atrisian soldier of the Imperial Guard. Due to her history with the planet, she recognised it right away.

"We'd give you a new leg, Corporal," she walked towards the soldier. "I've been through many wars, my employees deserve the best. We're very experienced when it comes to limb replacements, and we don't expect our people to subsist on minimum wages."

"But I don't want to fight anymore. I've seen enough bloodshed."

"So have I. We offer a wide range of services, beyond carrying a bolter and charging across the front. We have shipyards and factories across the stars and our own exploration corps. We'll be setting up factories on Atrisia and building homes and shelters."

"What benefits do you offer employees who have little children? And what if I have no other skills other than fighting?"

Siobhan smiled compassionately. "We have full daycare, and offer educational opportunities for both our employees and their children. I'm a mother myself. At Firemane, we're all a family. We look after one another. Job training is free," she raised her voice.

"You're just another snake in the garden! We've had enough of Force-users! Just look at what they did to our world. Madeline was right," a woman in the crowd suddenly shouted. There was a bit of a commotion, some people roared in approval, others shouted her down.

One of the Firemane troopers seemed to be getting antsy, but Siobhan shot her a glare before she could do something ill-advised. "You're right," Siobhan said calmly. "Force-users have brought great harm to Atrisia. The Sith have raped and devastated this world. Before they came, your rulers believed Forcers must be controlled and disciplined. They were right in that regard, but in their fear they took it too far and Atrisia suffered. My order is neither Jedi nor Sith. My acolytes are taught to obey the law, and those who transgress are punished. I have great respect for Atrisian culture and won't be forcing a cult on you."

Her voice was strong as she approached the throng, seemingly untroubled by the hostility a number of locals were showing her. Somewhere, a little girl was jostled in the commotion, dropping a beloved doll. There was a wail, but it was mostly drowned by all the noise.

However, Siobhan stopped. She glanced around, discovering the source of the cry. She looked down at her boots and saw the doll. At some point it had been a brunette, but the hair was damaged and partly singed. The dress had been pink, but was quite faded. The Grandmistress bent, a bit awkwardly as her injuries flared up once more, and picked up the doll.

She glared at a guard who approached her, then strode towards the little girl with purpose. The crowd parted like a sea. Having reached the sobbing little girl, the Countess knelt, smoothing the doll's hair and dress. The child, who'd been holding on to her mother's skirt, looked surprised and a bit fearful. Realising that the Countess was standing right in front of her, stared at her wide eyes.

Siobhan glanced at the girl's mother, as if asking for approval, then held out the doll towards the girl. Hesitating for a moment, the girl, whose clothes were dirty and whose face was scarred, clutched at the doll with one hand. Her hand was bandaged into a stump. There was a moment of hesitation, then Siobhan gently patted her on the shoulder, whereupon the girl threw herself into the older woman's chest. "There, there, sweetie," Siobhan whispered softly, wrapping an arm around the girl.

HK-36

The Iron Lord Protector (Neutral Good)
[member="Elpsis Elaris"],

The trouble did not end there. The blast doors would close all around her, trapping her in the cross-shaped section, she could sense that the Force came from both of the rooms she was in between, beacons of the light-side. Whether she would remember that or not could be questionable because as she tried to bolt or even stand up suddenly there was a whirring of machinery all around her and something would push her back down.

It was the invisible hand of momentum as g-forces started to push, first downwards than back against the wall of the room, away from its center. Elpy could still sense the Force but it begun to be all around her, circling and swirling as if she was in the middle of a hurricane, as if the spirits suddenly grew wild and unchained and patrolled about her like vultures.

Hopefully Elpy liked rollercoasters because as suddenly as it started to spin just as abruptly the room would stop and she could feel herself being thrown upward. The room dropped down quickly few meters before it stopped moving again, then jolted left a bit, then spun once more 90 degrees before moving forward quickly. Again it stopped just to jolt right then pin her to the floor as it shot up and yanked to the left again. Another turns, jolt left twice, before it dropped and turned once more.

Finally the room stopped completely and a DING was heard from the ceiling above her as the blast doors moved up and disappeared in their slots once more, freeing her. She was still in this t-section, a room on one side, room on another, corridor going through it deeper into the catacombs. This time, however, she could sense that only one of the rooms had noticeable amounts of Force aura coming off of it while the other was a much weaker beacon.

It would have been pretty obvious that the dungeon re-configured itself and she was transported somewhere else within its network.

[member="HK-42"],

Back aboard the Dancing Queen the HKs shook each other's hands as 42 thanked 36 for emancipating him, even taking out those descriptive pre-fixes that the droids had installed in the first place just for the sake of organics understanding their tone.

"You are welcome, now go on, enjoy your new free life you crazy kid. Do not kill any organics in my territory unless it is on self-defense."

36 waved 42 as the younger droid run off to enjoy his new freedom, probably even skipping along the way,

"That is one happy droid."

"We do not perceive happiness."

"Can you just let me have this moment, please?"

[member="Faith Organa"], [member="Rhen Qel-Droma"], [member="Draco Vereen"],

Finally the droid managed to get into his shuttle without further delay and he sailed out from the super-carrier's docking bay, heading towards the planet's surface. He landed without any disturbance and got out, his honor guards following him, as he stepped on the surface of his homeworld.

Putting his hands on his hips he realized this was going to be the hardest part of his day- making his way through the streets filled with his celebrating citizens as quickly as he could so their meeting could start.

Right away before the machine could even finish the thought Gados spaceport crew who was there to witness him disembarking placed a few flower and feather garlands around his neck,

"Oh, hello, thank you, yes we really did it this time, I am afraid that I do not-"

The Gados drowned out the droid's words with their cheers and congratulations as they took his hands and shook them before grabbing him by his sides,

"Sorry, I really need to- can you please put me down?"

His pleas remained unheard as they lifted him up over their heads and with more cheers and just joyful chatter they moved him out onto the streets where festive crowds were still celebrating. The droid was crowd-surfed along with his bodyguards out of the spaceport.

"Left- yes, hello Steve- a bit more right please- hey Jey-Lo, your son is alright- no that is the canal, swing me to the starboard"

HK tried to direct the crowds that were passing him from one person to another overhead as he surfed on through the crowd towards the meeting point where Faith, Rhen, and Draco Malfoy were waiting for him. Eventually he came to a point where the crowd was thinner and he was put down,

"Alright, hello everyone, but please if you could-"

The droid raised his hands to calm his celebrating citizens as they only started to high-five him in celebration,

"Ok, I guess we are doing this now- Tupac, I did not knew you were still alive, good to see you."

It was rather easy for the machine governor to know names of a lot of his subjects with expansive and more or less permanent memory, plus when he could always just make more copies of himself to handle the actual tedious governing chores he had more time to be among the capital city's population.

So he made the final stretch of distance like that, bam, suddenly someone else high-fived him, boom, he got yet another garland or set of beads thrown around him, bazinga, someone flashed him in celebration, he gave them thumbs up, all the way making very short chit chat and just in general apologizing for his lack of time currently as he shuffled his way around the celebrating crowds.

When he would finally enter the place where Faith, Malfoy, and Rheny were he would be covered in flowers and lipstick marks on his pale silver featureless faceplate. One of his photoreceptors was still hidden underneath an eyepatch as he didn't had time to get it fixed yet after the battle on Atrisia,

"Alright, Babies,"

He addressed them, not knowing there were actual babies in the room,

"I do not have that much time, I still need to make a speech addressing Abregado's populous by the end of the day. Oh hello, Gentlemen."

His one good glowing eye finally looked down at one of their kids as he spotted the small beings, nodding to them in a greeting. The machine was not really that good at telling aging of organics apart and had little concept of what growing older was, since his body did not slowly decay over time like theirs did, and he did not had that much contact with children in the recent years, for pretty much obvious reasons like having knives for fingers. Even back in the day when he took up teaching younglings they were not exactly babies and had enough intelligence to handle a lightsaber and hold a conversation.

Most of the time he assumed babies and toddlers were just some sort of minuscule alien like the Space Dwarves or an Ugnaught

[member="HK-36"]

Rollercoaster ride! First the blast doors closed and sealed her in the section, then there was a loud whirring of machinery and the redhead was thrust to the ground. Then the Force began to swirl all around her in a veritable hurricane of power.

Now I know how it feels when Sio tosses telekinesis around, the thought rushed through Elpsis' mind when she was suddenly tossed around. It seemed like the spirits had been released from their leash - and were really pissed. First she was spun around wildly and tossed from wall to wall, then she was thrust towards the ceiling, as if the room had turned into a rollercoaster.

Well, this fething sucked! Calling upon her power, she tried to fight against the invisible hand that was intent on ragdolling her all across the race. She managed to avoid crashing into the ceiling, but then was thrust down again. Ouch. She was pinned to the floor, then gripped again.

"No fething way," she cursed, feeling more than a little annoyed. Pulling at the tangled web of power that was the Force, she stabilised herself amidst the raging chaos by anchoring herself. All around her the room continued spinning around, which made her feel terribly nauseous when it looked as if she was upside down, but she managed to maintain her composure and avoid getting crushed by being knocked around.

Finally, the room stopped and there was a very loud DING. That hurt her eyes an awful lot! Her concentration was lost, but fortunately things were sort of normal again. Abruptly, the blast doors opened. She got to her feet with shaky legs, then fell, for her limbs felt like jellie. Her second attempt to stand was more successful. The redhead felt more than a little nauseous and rubbed her head while she looked around.

She figured she was still in the same section, but to her mind it felt as if the dungeon had reconfigured herself, thrusting her somewhere else. Two beacons of Force energy were visible to her eyes, making her senses tingle. The firemane wondered what sadistic trap awaited her, then walked towards the room with the stronger Force aura.

Objective: Cleaning crew
Allies: [member="Siriwook"]

"The sensible thing to do would be to build some sort of, hopefully temporary, dome underneath which the air can be purified using a network of air filtration devices, and also distribute masks to the occupants of the dome. Also one would expect the residual ash to be falling right on the outer panels of the dome"

The main two things that happened on Atrisia that made the Atrisia Campaign one for the history books were the Force Storm that was summoned at the cost of several high-level, dark-sided Force-users, as well as the volcanic eruption summoned by one Darth Vulcanus and his Graug followers. That particular patient was not thinking clearly and she knew it. Sure, she could have her very own IGR build the dome, or network of domes, she just mentioned, and also perform land reclamation on the land affected by the disaster, but rebuilding Atrisia in the wake of the campaign was going to be a long and arduous enterprise that no single corporation its size could do on its own. Yet IGR was the main thing that drove her to the light. Even though by now she would consider her construction company as a secondary activity, where the day-to-day work is done by other people, she still could propose new projects for them to bid on as appropriate.

"The patient is not thinking clearly, probably a side effect of the excess of stims. Nevertheless while doing Detoxify Poison I also removed the volcanic ash from the patient"

GIJU
Contract for Aurum Saacs Bank post 3

Herglic Trade Empire

A deep breath. Alright, what is there to know about the Herglic Trade Empire?

Bringing up her datapad, Saffron put away her studies for the moment. A quick tap and she brought up an infofile on the company.

2MgjgI7.jpg

[SIZE=10.6667px]Locations:[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=10.6667px]Freeworlds Territory[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=10.6667px]Rimma Trade Route.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.6667px]Operations:[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=10.6667px]Manufacturing[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=10.6667px]Entertainment[/SIZE]
During the popular uprising known as Flippers Across Fondor, when Herglics residing in the Protectorate systems grew agitated and restless, Orcus drew together many of the prestigious pod leaders on Giju, along with those of Lamuir IV and Tallaan, and proposed a reformation of the Herglic Trade Empire, whereby the various enterprises such as the Tallaan Shipyards merged with the manufacturers on Giju and the gambling industry on Lamuir IV.

The events of the Netherworld had left the planets in economic upheaval, but the Trade Empire promised a chance at stability. With the Trade Commission already essentially in charge of the Tallaan government, Orcus simply proposed that a greater Trade Commission be formed to preside over the Trade Empire's interests. This also was agreed to, with representatives from various sects of Herglics along the Rimma getting a position on the Commission.

The Herglic Trade Empire, by its vary nature, has a wide venue of operations confined to a very small, but profitable space. Giju sports grand ocean cruises, resorts and gambling facilities, while Tallaan - situated where the Giju Passage meets the Procopian Shipping Lane and the Shapani bypass - can obtain ore and other raw materials fairly cheaply, which it uses in its manufacturing industry to produce ships and personal equipment. Lamuir IV is the political lynchpin, offering support of the legislature, which is controlled by democratically elected representatives, most of whom are Herglic due to their position as the planet's majority species.

The Herglic Trade Empire, due to its small size, is still subject to the whims of the League of Tapani Freeworlds as well as the Protectorate, though Tallaan has significant clout in the League.

There was one blessing. Orcus. Darth Orcus to be exact. Saffron had ties to the Tion Hegemony and with this connection and their business ties with Darkwater, she was able to set up a meeting with the Trade Council.

A thought came to her about Darth Orcus. She had heard he had passed. Melancholy filled her heart.

He'd always had such nice things to say. And such an expert knitter.

With a soft sigh, Saffron set her datapad down. A glance down at her fingers brought another musing. She knew so many Force Users of all different types of life. Would they be so keen to perhaps teach her a bit more? Oh she knew she only had limited talents, but it was a consideration. Lord Ovmar had already offered what he could. Practice studies on hardening her mind and in stretching out her senses to be able to sweep her empathy persuasion and readings.

Although, working on those two first and fine tuning would be best to do first.

[member="Choli Vyn"]

Asmus clutched his blaster tightly. He was a long way from certain of what was about to happen. Choli ducking and screwing her face up was potentially a good sign. He took one final mental image of the corridor and rolled round into a side corridor with the rest of the Rogues.

The explosion took the edge of his hearing, gave him a ringing headache. Yet he stepped back out, taking the lead. His image was mapped onto the smoke now ahead of him and he raced forwards. He fired without hesitation at two stormtroopers trying to get back up.

Past their hangar another fire team appeared. He fired two quick bolts to try and slow them down.

"Good work Vyn! To your fighters!"

[member="Cathul Thuku"] always speaks in terms of troops and corporations, supply lines, logistics, governments, and the like. Siriwook does not think in this way. Siriwook wonders if she will ever want to be a leader--there is still so much she does not know about this world. She wants to do what's right in the here and now, but was what's right enough, when her mistress could do so much more? Siriwook thought of the traps she used to make on Wasskah to keep her pursuers at bay. There was always one tiny piece--a vine, a twig, a line, or a layer of leaves--that kept the trap from springing. This, she could do--be that tiny piece that makes all the difference. But, to do more--there was just so much to know, so much to think about, that she did not. Still, she would try her best--she was clever, just not in the same way as Cathul was clever.

"[If they need volunteers to build the dome, I believe this mask will protect me from the ash. Maybe we could ask the company that makes it for an agreement... a... [struggling to find a word, Siriwook transmits the concept of a government contract...] to produce something similar for other workers?]" she volunteers, "[Unless there is a more local company that can do the same?]"

As they talk, however, there are more people injured with volcanic ash in their lungs to cure. One of them has not only stopped breathing but has had her heart stopped for a few minutes before arriving. Medical staff are anxiously trying to revive the patient, but can't restart her heart while her lungs still contain the ash. Siriwook rushes to the patient's side. She is dressed in tatters and had been wearing a mask that was concealing her face but has been pushed aside.
Thirty seconds, Siriwook pulls the volcanic ash out and detoxifies the poisoned volcanic ash in the patient's lungs, replacing it with clean air and beginning healing on the lung. Sixty seconds, Siriwook pulls a charge from the spirit ichor around the patient's heart muscles, returning it to the spirit ichor on the other side. One, two. One, two. She shocks the heart, trying to get it to restart. Ninety seconds, the patient still has not revived. One of the doctors on staff suggests a stim injection, but Siriwook sees the patient's arm is also marked from recent needle use--from a prolonged use not normally associated with real medical procedures. She must make a judgment call. The patient's skin is changing color even more.

Another patient has come in with similar symptoms. The first man revived speaks up over the din, "He told us the injections would protect us! We just wanted supplies!"

An officer, hearing the patient's outburst, restrains him. "Take this looter to the brig, and alert the authorities below. Don't let any more people fall for this scam." Siriwook's mind reaches understanding, but she can't dwell on it now.

At two minutes, Siriwook gives up and lets the doctors inject the patient with a stimulant. She spins around to the new ash victim and tries the same process--pulling the ash out of his lungs, replacing with air, thirty seconds, detoxifying the poison, sixty seconds, and restarting his heart. This time, at ninety seconds, the patient begins to breathe. Siriwook looks back to the previous patient. The doctors have done all they can. They cover her with a sheet.

Siriwook wonders if the Force can bring her back from the dead. But she doesn't have much time to wonder. The room fills quickly with more patients. Many of the medics that were mostly there to transport the patients are pitching in now, using mechanical means to clear lungs and restart hearts. The room is filled with the struggle between life and death. Siriwook must accept it, must move forward, or she will be paralyzed. She cannot stop moving, or more will die. But she feels her strength is waning. One death, and another, and another. A life saved. Another. A death. Siriwook can't complete a whole revival on her own now--her energies are exhausted. She makes space for the medical staff to take over and can only watch in horror, and in awe, at what medicine looks like without the Force.

Finally, Siriwook sees a pause to the patients with breathing issues for the moment. Absentmindedly, she wonders again about the patient who has died. She has seen death in her life--from an early age, she has witnessed it--but she's never felt this level of personal responsibility before--an ownership of guilt. Has she done all she can? She finds a seat and collapses into it. Her mistress had warned her about the limits of her powers. Siriwook's eyes flutter, and, then, blackness as she passes out in the chair.

[member="HK-36"] [member="Rhen Qel-Droma"] [member="Draco Vereen"]​
This was beginning to feel like the other hundred meeting she had as a Senator, and with the High Council of Alderaan it was meant to address issues and bring about resolution. She understood Draco's words he did not want her spreading herself so thin that she could not function or that she lost time at home. Where she had complained about him going off to war she as continually on one diplomatic mission or another.

The Jedi Guardian took them to a room that lacked personality, like all conference rooms it was designed only for talking. "Guardian Qel-Droma I" the words hung in her mouth she knew uttering them was going to create drama at home, her mother was still Queen of Alderaan. "I would like to be part of whatever initiative takes place on Atrisia, I would go as far as being Governor over Shiso, or Empress for a time during rebuilding."

She looked at Draco and waited for the glare that would come, she also couldn't help but look at Theo and Laira, speaking to Draco, "The children need to learn about Atrisia as well as Mandalore, and Alderaan. They are part of all these worlds they need to learn who they are." She looked to the Guardian again, "I only need to let the Alliance know I will be returning to Atrisia to rebuild."

She folded her hands before her as she stood in the conference room.

It was then that the Lord Protector, or Baron entered the room. Faith smiled, "Hello again Baron, I'm glad you are able to join us. This is my husband Draco Vereen, and our children Theo and Laira. Do you know the Guardian Qel-Droma?" She waited to have the formalities out of the way, she saw how his single eye rested on the children, was he curious about them? Did he know what children were?

She smiled as she formed her next sentence in her mind watching Draco had desired to meet him, she had a feeling there was a deal he had in mind, she just didn't know what it was.

There was no glare this time. There might have been if the circumstances had been different, or the world not held so closely to Faith's heart. It was her father's homeworld. "Surprisingly enough I agree. Faith is as much Atrisian as any the Galactic Alliance could place, but she has the benefit of being present helping them during the battle. They will respond to her better given that in my opinion." His grey eyes turned towards Faith, a hint of regret in them.

Draco didn't want her to be more distracted from him than she already was. In his heart, her attention was already so split with Alderaan, the twins, he and her got less free time together than could satisfy him, though admittedly he would always crave more of Faith, regardless of how much time she was able to give him. But that did not make it any easier for him to give her up like this. Theo could sense his father's uneasiness, displeasure with what was going on and hugged his Father's arm stuck in the sling.

"At least to get them back on their feet. They've been under One Sith rule since not long after the Netherworld crisis. They will need you for a little while. But I'll need you still. So will the twins." Draco smiled at her, trying to mask his displeasure. Faith would do good helping the Atrisians, she wanted to help them and she was fiery and stubborn, impossible to dissuade when she set her mind to something.

Draco raised an eyebrow at the Droid, but held his tongue, lifting his heavy hand for Laira to tug on his finger trying to get him to go with her to touch the droid.

[member="Faith Organa"]

Jar'kai, Atrisia

The little girl had rejoined her mother, who gave the Countess a grateful look. Mei-Ling, who belonged to Siobhan's personal escort, immediately linked up with her boss. The distribution of aid was beginning, supervised by Firemane troops.

Refugee camps were being set up far on the outskirts of the city. "Nice speech. Very, very cheesy, but nice," the Atrisian NCO commented. "So, what's the plan? You wanna run for Empress now? I hear it's good to be one. Then again, our our last Tennos got assassinated." She was referring to Emperor Akio and Empress Madeline of the Kahoshi Dynasty.

Siobhan chuckled slightly. "While Empress Siobhan has a nice ring to it, no thanks. My ambitions are more modest. It's too far away from Tygara anyway and I doubt the Atrisians would want a foreigner on the throne, let alone a Force-user. And my speech was not cheesy," she insisted with indignance in her voice.

Mei-Ling, used to her boss' moods, rolled her eyes. "With all due respect, ma'am, all your speeches are cheesy. Like something out of an Eldorai holodrama!" Being a hangers-on of Siobhan's inner circle meant you could take certain liberties.

"You have no respect for my rhetorical brilliance. Clearly you're a philistine," Siobhan spoke airily, but then turned serious as she looked upon the throng of people. "Make sure our humanitarian efforts proceed orderly. Desperation drives people to desperate acts."

"Aye, ma'am. The girls know what's what. Freya's handling secrity." There was a pause as the soldier gazed at some children who'd just received MREs and ARGH designed toys. Dropships were descending from the sky. They'd take displaced people to the shelters away from the ruined city.

"Seriously, how are we gonna proceed? Even with our help and ARGH's fancy replicator toys, living conditions in refugee camps will be deplorable. I know we're a business, not a charity, but this is my home, ma'am." All trolling and levity had vanished from her tone.

"I know. I don't have the same connection to Atrisia as I do with Kaeshana, but I don't intend to just show up, blow some hot air and make loud noise for the holocameras and then vanish without doing a little to actually help. Jar'kai is a mess and will stay that way for a long time, even if the nexus was cleansed." This the Order of Fire could not do for obvious reasons.

"We've already set up a Firebase and will assist with reconstruction if whatever new government takes power will have us, but we can do more than that. I'm considering building a new city to house the dispossessed refugees. It won't be profitable at first, but Atrisia is rich in resources and has an honourable population with a good work ethic." Firemane was a paramilitary corporation run by an autocratic management, but there was a benign side to it. The company looked after its employees and their families.

There was a flicker of something on Mei-Ling's face. "Not the sappy type, but that would...mean a lot, ma'am. I swoar an oath to the Empire and served it loyally until the Empress turned on the people she was supposed to protect, but my roots lie here. Count me in if you want to get things back on track."

"Glad to hear it. Have you gotten in touch with your family?"

"Yes, they weren't in Jar'kai when things went cray-crazy. They were surprised to hear from me. I suppose I have some...explaining to do," the soldier shifted a bit awkwardly before regaining her composure. "I hope whatever government the Alliances imposes upon my world includes actual Atrisians and respects our traditions, instead of trying to turn us into another Jedi-dominated satellite."

"Same. We can hope and do the best with the tools we have. Though I say good riddance to old Atrisia's Force-user policies and state sanctioned racism. There's much to respect about your way of life beyond that."

"Couple years ago, I'd have decked you for saying that that. But I can see we went too far out of fear. Most xenos aren't better or worse than humans, Force-users need to learn discipline and face real punishment if they break the law, but not locked away. Though it doesn't stop you from hiring former Inquisitors whenever youn find them."

"I recognise good talent," Siobhan shrugged. "Come on, there's a lot of work to be done."

[member="HK-36"] [member="Draco Vereen"] [member="Faith Organa"]

"This is good to hear." just then the man of the hour - or droid- came in. Rhen took the time to stand back, allowing for Draco and Faith to move forward.

"If I may," he began with introductions. "Her royal highness, Princess Faith Balor of Alderaan and her consort Draco Vereen." Rhen didn't add a clan as he did not know much of Draco's background save he was Faith's husband.

A short nod came from the Corellian. He had met the Baron before.

"Well met again." he added.

GIJU
Contract for Aurum Saacs Bank post 4
Herglic Trade Empire
[member="Mobius"]

The freighter extended it's landing struts, coming to land on the pad gently. A few minutes later the ramp went sliding down and Saffron and her protocol droid crossed the threshold.

A small envoy of those large, stout Herglics stood waiting. They towered over the young blonde representative, almost twice her height and well over several kilograms on her.

"Welcome to Giju, Miss Saffron." the first said with a deep guttural rumble. "Hauummnn, we hope your trip went well?"

Saffron smiled in turn.

"It did thank you." she replied cordially. Using the Force much like Ovmar had taught her, Saffron simply let it ripple to catch bits and pieces of emotions. To see if she could sense anything.

The White Whale currently led the council of the Herglic Trade Company. It was he whom she'd be making negotiations with between ATC's Aurum Saacs bank and hopefully the Herglic Trade Company.

HK-36

The Iron Lord Protector (Neutral Good)
[member="Elpsis Elaris"],

Once Elpy crossed the threshold of the hall she would be washed by a pleasant tranquil sensation of the Light Side. The place was filled with rejuvenating auras and remnants of benevolent signatures and spirits. But one in particular that would caught her attention was directly in front of her.

The aura of the particular set of artifacts would feel familiar through the Force, very familiar, and perhaps Elpy would know it right away even from behind its plexiglass case. There was a set of female training robes, a training quarterstaves, and among other trinkets a glass cup. Underneath the display case there was a plaque that read,

Training Implements of [member="Coryth Elaris"], Protectorate's Greatest Healer,

Perhaps the aura and lingering signature of her mother's presence on the equipment the droid once used to train Coryth would be enough for Elpy to find newfound strength to continue on with her journey deeper into the tomb network. Perhaps, in this place where spirits find it easy to manifest, Coryth would find enough power to speak to her daughter, maybe even tell her the right route and some of the catacomb's secrets, or just how great HK was.

There was also an old set of jam jars for the infamous Cory Jelly Time.

[member="Faith Organa"], [member="Draco Vereen"], [member="Rhen Qel-Droma"],

The droid nodded to all of them, waving the introductions off,

"Yes, good to see all of you, no time for the nonsense, me and Draco were together on Atrisian soil when the ch- the fudge hit the fan."

HK was about to curse but caught himself as he calculated that it was improper among those creatures they called "young children",

"We were part of the group that went in to take the last of the Sith holed up in the palace."

The machine wobbled over to the conference table to pull out a seat for himself,

"As my kind says, 'Have no fear, we are all droids here'"

HK quipped before looking over them again,

"What have you discussed already? Our fleet is almost done moving the wounded, we are ready to get the supplies and reconstruction crews loaded and sent as soon as we have some sort of coherent plan of action out there."

The droid motioned out to his side as if he was directing them across the cosmic void and towards Atrisia, so distant yet so close to the currently celebrating Abregado.

[member="HK-36"]

The tranquil sensation of light side energies washed over Elpsis like a pleasant shower. Fortunately, her alignment was largely neutral...unlike that of most people in the Order of Fire, which was mostly Dark Jedi Central.

So the energies of radiant, fluffy goodness did not burn her or force her to recoil. Instead, she experienced a feeling of calmness and serenity. The place was filled with rejuvenating auras and Force signatures.

Above all, she perceived a strong sense of familiarity. Those were items that bore the imprint of her mother. She ran her hand across the training quarterstaves and one of the set of robes, as if drinking in her presence. For many, many years Elpsis had been all alone, believing that she'd been abandoned and that her birth mother did not care about her. She'd been very wrong. It had been one of the few moments where she'd been happy about that.

Her head did not seem to hurt anymore and even her foot did not bother her anymore...even though she was terribly weirded out by the droid apparently having her mum's stuff lying around. For some reason, she smelt...jam? It was best not to think about that. After a while, she went off to find what other secrets the catacombs might hold.

[member="HK-36"] [member="Rhen Qel-Droma"] [member="Draco Vereen"]​
She moved to the table as well looking once again upon the domed brow of the droid who would be king..or protector. "We have discussed that I will be returning to Atrisia to rebuild, and...try to form a government." Her personal endeavor to ensure her father's home remained safe well that no one needed to know.

"Alderaan Royal Engineers, as well as laborers are already preparing ships. In addition to the construction my Aunt Rianna will be sending additional medical supplies, and my sister Arabella will building supplies from Vena. There is much to do, and to keep the hope of the people up while we move forward. The other thing we discussed the embassy for Abregado Rae. It's been a busy morning so far."

Draco was with the children who were occupied with searching around the room so far they had found nothing to get into trouble over and were behaving. How much longer would that last. She knew her children any time....they might...just..a ruckus.

"I did not know you were with Draco, course we were too busy talking about...." she almost said it, his socks, but she thought it and smiled instead, "how to get supplies onto Atrisia to Shiso." Yes it was the truth they had...

"I believe we've only discussed that we want to help and that right now there isn't much left in the way of planetary government. Certainly the current one is in shambles without the Overlords to wield it. I'm not suggesting we force them to accept a new one, but that they get a guiding hand in rebuilding what is left of themselves." Draco followed Laira plainly, being pulled along to go look at this or that around the room. Theo would come over to investigate whatever it was his sister was pointing at for himself. "Yes, its a nice key panel."

He pulled Laira away gently from the panel and she lead him off in another direction. Theo made his own way to the panel and began his own inspection of it quietly, trying to avoid eye contact with his parents. "I think we talked about building them a city away from Jar'kai and its Dark Side taint. No Laira, mommy is busy." He said trying to get a hold of the little infant while Laira made a break for it running towards Faith with a grin just as fast as her little legs could carry her with Draco hot on her heels, stooping to try and pick her up before she made it.

Before Draco could turn and notice what Theo was up to, he began slapping the face of the panel, changing the colors of the lights, the brightness, and opening and closing the doors.

[member="Faith Organa"] @HK-36 @Rhen Qel-Droma

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom