Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It Has Been Too Long: Convocation of the Light at Yavin IV [Open to ALL LIGHTSIDERS - GA, SSC, TJO,

Ostdern Mastogar

O
Ostdern scrambled into the conference room.
"Am I too late? I wish to take part in this convocation. I'm Ostdern Mastogar, exotic Padawan in training. Nice to see so many good guys in the room. May I take a seat?" Ostdern felt a little embarrassed that he barged in, but he wanted to take part in this. He waited for a reply.

[member="Nubica Felidae"]

Glacier-blue eyes remained fixed on the young Knight as she offered her own verbal disinterest in being a Battlemaster. In all honesty, it was most often the case that those with the least desire were the most deserving. There were exceptions to that, of course. Particularly with the position of Battlemaster, one needed to have not only a high degree of technical proficiency but also a great deal of patience. Marcello honestly could not say his exact personality was...ideal for such a role. Then again...he swore up and down that he would never actually be a Jedi when first made aware of his potential.

Shockball star. That was where he could have sworn he was headed.

After taking another large gulp of water, Marcello motioned towards the hallway that lead to the conference room. "I've been here before. This time seems to be going much better...nobody has left in an exhausted fit of irritation yet." Settling his gaze back on Nubica, the Jedi Master offered her an easy smile. "You have the right of it though. Just do what you can to be the best version of yourself. That is all the galaxy requires of any sentient. As for padawans, no I do not currently have any. I teach as requested or necessary, but it's been a long time since I've met another that I felt could handle my...idiosyncrasies."

Marcello laughed briefly and, mostly, to himself. "He became one of the greatest Jedi that I have ever had the pleasure of knowing, and I consider him a true friend. I do believe he went on to serve on the Jedi High Council before resigning his post. Not to say that is what I expect of any padawan, but I'm quite certain they benefited from his tireless dedication." Following a brief reprieve to eat another piece of food, the Jedi Master asked his own question. "Who is your master, Nubica?"

As [member="Cyril Grayson"]'s likeness flickered to life in the empty chair, Thurion listened intently to his words. They were words of wisdom and spoke of great experience. When he'd said his piece, Thurion rose to his feet to address those gathered. "With Master Nytrau's permission, I'd like to thank Master Grayson for starting us off. For those who do not know me, I am Jedi Master Thurion Heavenshield, Grandmaster of the Silver Jedi of the Silver Sanctum Coalition. At my side is the Master of our Order, [member="Coci Heavenshield"], but more importantly to me she is my wife and the mother of my children." He awaited any possible objections to the notion of Jedi marriage and would meet them with a stern look before continuing.

"What Master Grayson says is true; the Jedi Order from the olden days is all but shattered. It is no more the work of our enemies than it is our own fault. We've lost ancient Jedi worlds like Tython and Coruscant - both of which I called 'home' as I began my Jedi training. To see them in enemy hands pains me greatly. There are many what-ifs, the most prominent of which is, had we stayed united through all these years, would the Sith have risen to the great galactical power they are today?" He lightly shook his head. "I do not know. Such predictions are impossible to tell, and it is not our place as Jedi to make such predictions. I leave such divine powers in the capable hands of the Force. All we can do is deal with the situation as it presents itself here, today." He leaned forward to place both palms upon the table.

"I will not deny the fact that the Coalition is faring well in its current state, and there are some who question the need for any 'reunification' between our orders. We have our ways and you no doubt have your ways. There is also no denying our respective organisations have their own agendas or goals, but one we all share is to oppose the Sith." His eyes found [member="Corvus Raaf"] and offered her a nod of respect. "It is regrettable that our Republic brothers and sisters have faced the full wrath of the One Sith for so long, and even more unfortunate a truth that those of us more or less unaffected by the Sith so far have managed to prosper." Thurion then stood up straight again, taking Coci by the hand just to feel her presence. "There is no doubt in my mind, body and soul that united we can stand against the darkness; not only will we weather the storm but we will also bring it to an end."

He then sat back down in his seat and awaited the next speaker, all while keeping a firm grip of his wife's hand.

[member="Chevu Visz"] | [member="Jacen Voidstalker"] | [member="Avalore Eden"] | [member="Ilias Nytrau"] | [member="The Revenant"] | [member="Teynara Jeralyr"] | [member="James Justice"] | [member="Kei Amadis"] | [member="Chiara Viren"] | [member="Varus Shatterstar"] | [member="Kitani Corandel"] | [member="Taeli Raaf"] | [member="Shmi Labooda"]

Nubica Felidae

We are well and truly forked...
Nubica was content to listen. She was blessed with patience and had done enough travelling in her relatively short years to appreciate five minutes sitting in one spot. But once those five minutes were up, she would look for the next adrenaline rush.

She was, quite simply, born to fight. It was the only time she was truly alive. The Jedi on Ossus had kept a close watch on her, fearing she was destined for a path to the Dark-side. But she’d exceeded expectations so far and was too obstinate to fall as opposed to too Light-sided.

She had a knack of channeling negative emotions and energy into a force for positive. And nowhere was she able to do that better than when duelling.

She followed his gaze towards the conference room. In truth, she’d paid it no mind. Jedi agree, Jedi disagree. She wasn’t much for history lessons…in truth she wasn't much for anything academic…but what she remembered was that Jedi went through cycles of making up and then falling out. Like lovestruck teenagers one Master once described them.

“I do what I can,” she said by way of response. She cared little for being right or wrong. It wouldn’t change who she was. Not inside at least.

“My Master? Varus Shatterstar.” She wasn’t sure if the man in front of her knew him or not. He had something of a reputation apparently. But given he’d taken her on when so many had overlooked her, she was never going to hear a bad word said against him. And oddly he’d achieved something others had failed to do — to smooth out some of her rough edges.

“He gave me the crystal for my saber.” She said it matter of factly, but the very fact she mentioned it said how much it meant to her.

“So…what sort of crystal do you have in your saber?” It was a sort of professional curiosity - like asking what sort of ammo a fellow sniper used.

[member="Marcello Matteo"]

Rayliav'enci

If I was green, I would die.
Conference Room Listening Gallery

Raylia sat quietly in the listening gallery, attending the proceedings with a datapad in her lap, and a cup of tea in her hand. She looked up occasionally to see who was speaking, mostly as a means of putting names to faces. Raylia had been instrumental in training younglings so she knew many who were younger than her, padawans and knights who remember her teaching them about telekinesis and researching in the archives. However, she had woefully inadequate experience with Jedi older than her or those who had branched out more.

Too much time in the dirt, too much time in a book.

She took note of Thurion Heavenshield's remarks, the way he emphasized his connection and partnership with Coci, and a fleeting smile tugged at the corner of her deep blue lips. There were a lot of ugly things in the shadowy corners of the darkness. She had felt the way they did, Jen-Dai had not. She did not begrudge him his path, but that did not make the hurt any less deep. Love was a wonderful thing.

Her green eyes went back to the notes in her right hand, and she contemplated the consequences of this meeting. She had been wandering since the Sith sacked Coruscant. She had found no safe haven, no home to call her own in years. Only strife and wandering and uncertainty. The stability she should have counted on from the Jedi was not be found, so she spent her time hunting for it as though it were a mythical beast.

She knew better. The restlessness in her nature was a product of many factors, and not all of them had she dealt with. Too many endings and not enough beginnings lately.

Still through it all, she carried hope. It was the only thing she could that soothed the pains of the past and made her look for a brighter tomorrow. She came to this convocation feeling her stores running low, but among her fellows she would bask in the things that linked them and give thanks for that.

In truth Corvus couldn't argue with anything that had been said - not that she was looking to. In many ways, what was proposed was how she saw things now. Did that make her naïve? Foolish? Short-sighted? But the facts were the facts. Jedi of the Republic trained all over the galaxy and Ossus was somewhere Jedi of every stripe trained.

She supported other Jedi in wars and stood alongside them in defending the Republic. Maybe this formalised it?

She’d admittedly not done a lot publicly or noisily — in part that was simply her way. Her efforts had been primarily behind the scenes. She’d spent time with Coci and Thurion, ensuring any confusions of the past were behind them all.

And she’d visited and been visited by Jacen of the New Jedi Order. She did her best not to remember that first meeting, in case she blushed. But the issues were put behind them, behind her more precisely. It was all about relativity. And to that end, minor differences were just that…minor. And she’d helped and supported smaller Orders, offering assistance wherever she could.

In the grand scheme of things, at times she wondered if they’d let the One Sith off easily — spending more time bickering and not enough time standing shoulder to shoulder.

Of late, her mantra (well, admittedly one of her many, many mantras) was how the Jedi had so much in common — so why did everyone just focus on the differences? So her silence was not a lack of thought. Or a willingness to remain quiet. But rather a simple acknowledgement that if you had nothing to add, why say anything? She was not a Jedi that was fond of the sound of her own voice, so she kept her now counsel for now — allowing those more eloquent to speak. Should someone say something she could not relate to, then she would find her voice — there was no doubt of that.

So for now she simply nodded vigorously, showing her obvious approval at the direction of travel.

[member="Thurion Heavenshield"] | [member="Chevu Visz"] | [member="Jacen Voidstalker"] | [member="Avalore Eden"] | [member="Ilias Nytrau"] | [member="The Revenant"] | [member="Teynara Jeralyr"] | [member="James Justice"] | [member="Kei Amadis"] | [member="Chiara Viren"] | [member="Varus Shatterstar"] | [member="Kitani Corandel"] | [member="Taeli Raaf"] | [member="Shmi Labooda"]

Marcello smirked slightly at Nubica's response. It wasn't a mischievous or playful expression, more like the expression one gave when they knew something the other person involved in the conversation did not. For the young Knight's part, she would undoubtedly discover the truth of things before long.

"Shatterstar..." Marcello's memory jogged briefly albeit quickly. The last memory he really had of the man was when he was an apprentice. Beyond that, the Jedi Master formed no real opinion of the young man. In Marcello's estimation, the vast majority of apprentices said and did things that indicated only one thing. That one thing was the ever-constant reality that they were young and inexperienced in a great deal of things. If Varus had succeeded to the point of becoming a Jedi Master and teaching others, then his past was largely irrelevant.

"I recall him, just barely. Shame though - that you didn't have the experience of seeking out your own crystal." He'd heard of masters giving crystals to their apprentices. It was just one of many ways that Marcello differed from most. "Pontite."

Marcello paused for yet another sip of water. "We should spar some time. I certainly always enjoy the challenge of crossing blades with someone new." Rest assured - regardless of the opponent's ability level, it was always a challenge. It forced you to learn or refine your ability to adapt, to overcome, and eventually succeed.

[member="Nubica Felidae"]

[member="Thurion Heavenshield"] | [member="Chevu Visz"] | [member="Jacen Voidstalker"] | [member="Avalore Eden"] | [member="Ilias Nytrau"] | [member="The Revenant"] | [member="Teynara Jeralyr"] | [member="Kei Amadis"] | [member="James Justice"]| [member="Chiara Viren"] | [member="Zak Dymo"] | [member="Varus Shatterstar"] | [member="Kitani Corandel"] | [member="Taeli Raaf"] | [member="Shmi Labooda"] | [member="Corvus Raaf"] | [member="Rayliav'enci"] | [member="Jorus Merrill"] | [member="Siobhan Kerrigan"] | [member="Cyril Grayson"]

The ties between the SSC and the Jedi Order had been strengthened over meetings with Grand Master Raaf and Coci considered her a good friend, the friendship between the Galactic Alliance and the SSC is equally as strong and so to build from that platform a stronger ground between them all would be a good day. The Academies of the Jedi are linked through JAN, but not all this is true, but the doors of the Silver Temple and Academy has always been open to those Jedi that wish to learn there.

Thurion graced the floor, and spoke not only on behalf of the Silver Sanctum but for himself, is words also echoed her thoughts and desires for this outcome and so there was no need for Coci to speak, but she affirmed her agreement by standing next to her husband in unity of opinion. However the proposed 'Council' of leading Jedi is of interest to her, moreover what exactly this Council would have authority over. What it's purpose would be and how it would protect itself from conflicts of interest which breeds corruptions of it's own. She did agree that on the face of it, it was a great idea, standing Heads of the Orders in uniting all of them, an ideal that would need much work in order to be realised. Coci would prefer this leading group to be an Assembly of Jedi wisdom to form an advisory body, rather then to issue order.

She took her seat once more as Thurion had and continued to hold his hand united, her eyes found those of Corvus, giving her no other message then "it is good to see you my friend".

[member="Thurion Heavenshield"] | [member="Chevu Visz"] | [member="Jacen Voidstalker"] | [member="Avalore Eden"] | [member="Ilias Nytrau"] | [member="The Revenant"] | [member="Teynara Jeralyr"] | [member="Kei Amadis"] | [member="James Justice"]| [member="Chiara Viren"] | [member="Zak Dymo"] | [member="Varus Shatterstar"] | [member="Kitani Corandel"] | [member="Taeli Raaf"] | [member="Shmi Labooda"] | [member="Corvus Raaf"] | [member=Rayliav'enci] | [member="Jorus Merrill"] | [member="Siobhan Kerrigan"] | [member="Cyril Grayson"]

Jacen took a deep, calming breath in. He was used to working within the confines of a strict military hierarchy. You could question the decision makers, when appropriate, but at the end of the day you took your orders and got on with them. This was a very different proposition. All would have their say, all coming from different backgrounds with different objectives. Jacen neither had a reputation behind him like those assembled, nor did he had a way with words. He'd not exactly been debate team material.

Still, it was time to speak it seemed. No point getting hung up about it, just get on with it, he told himself. A subtle nod from the chair and he stood up. "I am Marshal Voidstalker from the Alliance. I'm afraid not many of you will know a great deal about me, but I represent the Jedi Order currently working from a temple on Sullust. It occurs to me that there are a great many areas that our disparate orders need to work together on, to become more cohesive, to better utilise our resources in what is - essentially - a fight for our existence.

"If we try and come up with the terms and remit of a Council that sits above us all we could be here all year and still not find an agreement. There are so many things to arrange: joint training, sharing teaching resources, guarding artefacts, tactical deployment of Jedi to defend against or strike back at the Sith, sending aid to those Republic worlds now cut off. Rather than try and force a layer of control over all orders that I doubt any of us really want, why not arrange the framework for the right people from each order to come together and find ways to bring us closer together. To make it a daunting prospect for the Sith to try and tackle us all. Different forums for different areas, and up to each order to decide which representatives to send, and what powers to send them with on behalf of their order. The right people around the right table."

Jacen had started to speak more forcefully towards the end of his brief monologue, slapping one hand down on the table. With his part done for now, he sat back down. His eyes traced around the table, meeting eyes where he could to try and gauge where the others stood.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
The Listeners Gallery
w [member="Ostdern Mastogar"]

Karen turned to the very much newcomer to the group. Motioning him over to her side,

"Come then. Sit down and have a listen, yes. The representatives from all the Orders are the ones who will do all the talking. We spectator's must simply do our reverent part and watch with amusement. Naturally."

She patted the seat next to her. Hoping Mastogar would join her for a listen in.

Nearby:
Primary
[member="Jorus Merrill"] | [member="Samael Rekali"] | [member="Mara D'Lessio Merrill"] | [member="Fennec"] | [member="Audren Sykes"] | [member="Darius"]
Tangential
[member="Zak Dymo"] | [member="Siobhan Kerrigan"]

Julius gestured to Darius as a way of introduction, with a rather casual grunt.

"This is my boy.. Darius... Teaching him a few things in between his apparent new-found fascination with Dathomiri dancers... Which we will talk about later, eh?"

The introduction was delivered with a dead-pan scowl that most would have thought signaled a serious discussion to be had. But a moment later, he winked and nudged the padawan, to let onto the joke as he pulled out first an item from a satchel and handed it to Jorus, there being a certain air of not quite gravitas, but curiosity and sincerity in his movements. Whatever it was, the thing perplexed the Corellian, that was for sure. And then from his hip he tugged a lightsaber that had been through a lot... Probably too much, truth be told... The horrors it had seen would absolutely make any sort of psychometric adepts skin crawl. That was offered, pommel first and emitter to Julius, to the former Knowledge Master. Or current... Jorus was a hard one to read, but he had been told the Navigator would know, if anyone would.

"These two are supposed to be a pair... I would rather not say how I came across them, but suffice it to say the person before me appeared to have gotten them through nefarious means... Supposedly they're from the Skywalker line. From before the Clone Wars on the saber. You able to tell me the truth of it, or know someone who might could? And if they are genuine, if there are any of that brood or a suitable guardian? 'Specially for that holocron..."

Ostdern Mastogar

O
"Thanks! I appreciate your kindness!"
Ostdern sat down next to [member="Karen Roberts"] and looked on as the convocation continued to go on.

Nubica Felidae

Nubica smiled and put her hand in a pocket in her robes. From it she pulled a small black pouch.

She placed it on the table and opened the draw-strings and pulled out a crystal.

“I picked it up from Ilum. From the crystal caves obviously. But I wasn’t ready to construct my saber at the time, so I simply kept it. When Master Shatterstar offered me one of his crystals, it felt personal…right to accept it. But one day, I’ll use this one,” she held the green crystal between thumb or forefinger. “I’m sure the Force will tell me when the time is right.”

“So you have an Adegan crystal?” She nodded her appreciation. “Not so common. And you’re right, we should spar. Since I left Ossus, my practice has been limited other than on missions — and I’ve come across Sith rarely.”

“Once this thing is over with we should definitely look to duel. I love to be tested, and you never know, I might surprise you.” Now it was her turn to smile slightly mischievously. “Never judge a book by its cover and all that.”

She toyed with the food on her plate before putting a piece of cooked meat in her mouth. “I tell you one thing, they know how to put on a spread here.”

((OOC: Sorry [member="Nubica Felidae"]!))

Glacier-blue eyes focused on the crystal for several moments. The crystal, of course, did not particularly call to Marcello through the Force. In fact, it registered as little more than any other object would but that was undoubtedly the point. That was why a Jedi's lightsaber would forever be more than just a weapon...it was a part of the Jedi that constructed it. "Does the crystal not call to you? If it doesn't, I would say it's more likely that you have yet to find the one that truly matches with who you are. Likewise I find it curious that a crystal which, I presume, called to Master Shatterstar called to you as well."

Shifting his gaze from the crystal to Nubica's face, the Jedi Master shrugged with a thin smile. "However, I am hardly all-knowing about such things. The vast majority of things that happen in the galaxy happen for a reason...even if we are not truly aware." Really, Marcello didn't buy into a lot of the mysticism when he was younger. However, he had seen and done things in the Force that he would have never though himself or another possible, and he knew all too well that he still had much to learn.

"Quite uncommon, in fact," Marcello replied to Nubica's comment about Adegan Crystals. "However, I rather doubt that you would surprise me." Marcello paused only long enough to eat another piece of food. "That fact does not speak at all to your abilities but rather the simple reality I maintain no expectations of anyone. There was a time when I did that perhaps...and judged people accordingly. A lifetime of war, however, has shown me that it is merely my role to observe an individual or a situation and act. We are charged with the weighty responsibility of distinguishing right from wrong, good from evil. Yet how do we really have the depth of knowledge to make such decisions? The answer that no typical Jedi Order training will likely give you...is that we do not."

Managing a warm smile, Marcello waved a dismissive hand. "My apologies. No need to bore you with the philosophical interpretations of the Code and how compatible or incompatible it is with the true nature of the Force. We would be here all night. Don't be in a rush to jump headfirst into danger and combat, young one. You are nothing without complete control of yourself." Marcello's own reserved, detached approach to many things was the only reason he'd enjoyed success in the wake of emotion-fueled failure. His continuous and extensive training in and the use of Vaapad certainly aided in developing his perceptions. The Force held great power...and it would destroy a person if you allowed it to do so.

Round Table
Immediate - [member="Chevu Visz"] [member="Jacen Voidstalker"]
Peripheral - [member="Thurion Heavenshield"] | [member="Ilias Nytrau"] | [member="Teynara Jeralyr"] | [member="Kei Amadis"] | [member="James Justice"] | [member="Chiara Viren"] | [member="Varus Shatterstar"] | [member="Kitani Corandel"] | [member="Taeli Raaf"] | [member="Shmi Labooda"] | [member="Corvus Raaf"] | [member="Rayliav'enci"] | [member="Cyril Grayson"]

Seemed everyone wanted some face time with her today. Avalore nodded, her own gaze flitting to [member="The Revenant"] briefly, "Sure. Gabriel said he wanted a word as well. Today just must be my day."

Aware that [member="Meeristali Peradun"] had yet to emerge from his jungle escapades Avalore gave a slow sigh as she eased back into her chair and prepared herself for the ensuing discussion. A Jedi Master in attendance through holo, [member="Cyril Grayson"], was the first to speak up. Much of what he said touched the very subjects she knew would be raised here and caused her to wonder if the man was privy to the Jedi Academy and the many things its use already covered to that end.

Then Master Thurion, a man she'd only heard about but never seen in the flesh. And finally Jacen.

So many good thoughts. So many good intentions, but all for naught if something wasn't done about them.

Avalore exhaled slowly but did not stand from her seat. She was not here as a representative of a major forum of Jedi, standing seemed inappropriate.

"Then let us begin to weave these networks. One thread at a time, needs be. I am Master Healer Avalore Eden. I once stood as the Chief Healer to the Jedi Order of the Republic; today I have made my new home on Sullust with the New Jedi Order. I won't speak for the Galactic Alliance, it is not my place to do so, but I feel my resume more than honors my right and obligation to speak here today as a representative of the dying sect of Jedi Healers."

"I'll be the first to say that we are not capable of handling the suffering that the Sith have saturated this galaxy with. Dedicated Jedi Healers are too rare and far-between to be able to account for the efforts required to back up our Warrior brethren. As a first order of business to this convocation I would like propose the reforming of the Circle of Healers, consisting of and welcoming to Healers of every Jedi forum across the stars to better coordinate the training of a new generation and the dissemination of new techniques, medications, and aid efforts to all bodies of need. Which factions in attendance would concede to this?"

[member="Avalore Eden"] (on mobile I'll tag heavily later)

That sounded to Jacen as good a start as any. What was that phrase some of the Majors tended to use for such things? 'Cross cutting initiatives', that was it. A good phrase, probably should have used it, he reflected.

He caught Rhen's eye and shared a nod with the elderly Marshal with the silver-flecked beard.

"Agreed," Jacen said. He looked to [member="Taeli Raaf"] and [member="Corvus Raaf"], wondering when they were going to speak up.

Corvus felt a pressure to speak but was unsure what to say. Not because she was being awkward or pedantic, but because others had spoken and she genuinely believed that what was being proposed was either already in place, common sense or lacking detail.

Finally, the burden to say something weighed upon her — and so she stood and glanced at those assembled before clearing her throat. Her voice was soft but clear.

“I have to admit that most of what I hear being proposed is already in place. Ilias,” she nodded to the Master present, “Already oversees the Academy. Jedi of all stripes attended Ossus when we had the Academy there and our Padawans learned from other Orders.”

“There is talk of sharing facilities and resources — yet I see Jedi of all Orders fighting the One Sith regardless of the government being invaded. Our resources have been used by other Orders,” she glanced at Jacen, and suppressed a smile, “And will continue to do so.”

“I entirely endorse the Circle of Healers and will offer whatever is needed to help in this regard — be it facilities, people, ships, anything. And in many ways this could be the template for the next steps. Specific needs that we can join together to ensure, as opposed to the undefined concept of unity — that due to its lack of detail makes it difficult to understand.”

“So, in summary, as I see it…shared training already exists. Shared facilities and resources already exists. Working together already happens. The Circle of Healers should be ratified. As for greater unity? I am supportive — but would appreciate specifics.”

[member="Jacen Voidstalker"] - [member="Avalore Eden"] - [member="Coci Heavenshield"] - [member="Coci Heavenshield"] - [member="Ilias Nytrau"]

Nubica Felidae

Nubica cocked her head to one side. When her Master first gave her the crystal, she felt a connection to it. Like a heart-beat. And when she’d crafted the saber it felt like no training weapon — she felt far more connected to it.

And the crystal she found on Ilum? It felt more special than the others. But truly special?

She shook her head. “Sometimes you don’t know what you’re missing because you’ve never had it.” She glanced back at the crystal in her palm and put it back in the bag. “One day, one day the Force will show me the crystal that is right for me. When the time is right…I’m sure of it. When I’m ready.”

The more she listened to the Master sitting opposite her, the more she liked him. But she also sensed a weariness about him. She wondered if he had lost faith with the Jedi or the Code…or even himself…at some point. Perhaps he was just tired. Jaded. His philosophy spoke of warnings. Personal experiences or simply observations of a man that had travelled the galaxy?

She wasn’t going to pry and took his advice at face value — as she always did.

“So…in words that a young one like me can comprehend, what precisely are they trying to agree in there? Otherwise, how will I know if they’d agreed it?”

[member="Chevu Visz"] | [member="Jacen Voidstalker"] | [member="Avalore Eden"] | [member="Ilias Nytrau"] | [member="Thurion Heavenshield"] | [member="Coci Heavenshield"] | [member="Teynara Jeralyr"] | [member="James Justice"] | [member="Kei Amadis"] | [member="Chiara Viren"] | [member="Varus Shatterstar"] | [member="Kitani Corandel"] | [member="Taeli Raaf"] | [member="Corvus Raaf"] | [member="Shmi Labooda"]

The man sipped his tea, dabbing the pouch in and out of the water, as he listened to the Jedi Masters speak about their plans. Until the last one spoke, the one he knew simply by reputation, having never met them. But after all the productive discussion, she was informing them that such things were in place. Which felt odd because, as Thurion had stated, the Jedi Order as a whole felt splintered. There was no true active implementation of cross training, expanding of knowledge, or the mixing that had worked so well for the One Sith. The boundaries between splinter groups, it didn't create a since of identity, it simply destroyed the notion of unity.

"You climb a hill, Jedi Master, and claim it a mountain." Gabriel said from a mouth in his cup. The tea was nice, the chair was nice, the company was pretty stellar, but some things never changed. "The paltry offering of unity that has occurred so far has..." He tilted his head, expressively. "...Simply put, not been enough. Your specifics are straightforward, from where I stand: Whatever unity is required to destroy the encroachment of the One Sith." He looked around, sniffing. "Of course, I am not truly part of any Jedi Order, so maybe I'll stop. But whatever cross pollination has occurred in the past, it hasn't sufficed. And the One Sith has preyed upon such failings." He would know better than most, in that regard.

[member="Corvus Raaf"]

"It's the specific vehicles we need to discuss," Jacen added, looking to Corvus. "A 'tactical council' - yes I know that sounds crap - would be a mechanism to get all the Orders discussing the right places to put our people in the field. Decide how we want to win this war. Because it's about time we started coming up with some viable ways to hit the Sith back. Try to make them implode as they have done before."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom