Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It Has Been Too Long: Convocation of the Light at Yavin IV [Open to ALL LIGHTSIDERS - GA, SSC, TJO,

[member="Julius Sedaire"], [member="Jorus Merrill"]

(Didn't get the tag for Julius' last post. Only just now saw the reply. Sorry for being slow guys.)

Darius was Master Sedaire's son in everything but name. The Corellian Jedi had taken him in as a small child and raised him as his own; taught him all that he knew. The boy would be ever grateful for that. To be referred to as his kin filled the padawan with pride. He truly did love Master Sedaire in the way any son might love his father. For a boy with nothing in the way of family, it was reassuring if nothing less.

"An honor to meet you," he quipped before the adults started talking. Master Sedaire produced a lightsaber and got to talking about the Skywalkers. Why his teacher was worried about an old line of dead Jedi was beyond Darius, but he listened curiously all the same.

"It's just one dancer master, and she's enough for all of us," the boy snickered. Blue eyes shifted to the weapon, then to Jorus. His smile faded, and he bowed his head in respect. Julius had the clout he needed to crack jokes. Darius? Not so much.

Corvus’ smile widened. At last they were getting somewhere.

Discord. It was a powerful tool. Just like conflict. Political correctness and politeness only got you so far. It needed someone to be controversial — to say something quite rude even — to get the debate onto a more productive level.

Did Corvus mind being the one that the pot-shot was taken at? Not at all. She’d suffered worse — and would no doubt have to endure far greater criticisms before she died.

“I presume you were talking about me, or to me?” She addressed the Galactic Alliance Master…The Revenant she believed he was called.

“And you assume, which looks as bad for the ass as you and me. I have climbed no hill, nor claimed to have. I merely stated what was already in place. Nor has, as far as I can tell, anyone offered any unity. Paltry or otherwise. Unless I am mistaken?” She glanced amongst those present, to double-check.

“Master Grayson talked of ‘we.’ Of this ‘we’ asking us collected here to give things up. Correct me if I’m wrong, but I do not recollect being told who the ‘we’ are. He suggested joint training, and a Council to discuss matters.”

“Thurion talked of standing united against the One Sith.”

“Jacen mentioned the Council again, and that we should work together more. We should share training.”

“Ava, I’m pleased to say, proposed something specific and entirely useful — and something that does not currently exist. Which I distinctly remember endorsing one hundred per cent.”

“Jacen, I’m delighted, picked up on the specifics aspect and mentioned a Council once more.”

“So, I repeat. Joint training was what the Jedi Academy was set up for. Working together, sharing resources — all of which currently happen — is admirable and nobody would object to it. Your point,” she looked back at the Jedi known as The Revenant, “Is well made, even if inadvertent.”

“The point is not what we can do. Everything that has been suggested — bar two — is already in place. As I mentioned. How effective they are is an entirely different matter. If Jedi are lacking training and don’t use the Academy, then there is a problem that needs fixing. If cooperation is lacking in some regard — let’s call it out.”

She sighed, aware she’d said too much already. “At the outset, I asked for clarity. Clarity of purpose. What problem was this Convocation set up to solve? Training? Working together? Sharing resources? Setting up a Council of peers? Setting up a High Council? Creating a single Jedi Order? All of these? Some of these? None of these and something as yet unsaid? Understanding the question will allow us to better approach an answer.”

“And I am open to all and any proposals. From simply working better as Jedi through to a Council of peers up to a single Jedi Order. I rule none out, but urge those with a strong opinion to voice it now. To give something we can debate and agree on.”

She turned back to The Revenant. “And do not worry. I did not take offence at your remarks. And even though you’re not representing any Jedi Order, your input is as valid as any in the room. In this galaxy. So please, share with me at least your thoughts. Your input.” Her voice was gentle and genuine.

She smiled softly once more and sat back.

[member="The Revenant"] - [member="Ilias Nytrau"] - [member="Thurion Heavenshield"] - [member="Coci Heavenshield"] - [member="Cyril Grayson"] - [member="Jacen Voidstalker"] - [member="Avalore Eden"]

Jsc

Disney's Princess
The Listeners Gallery
Thoughts & Feelz

Karen went down the list of hard topics. Circle of Healers. Check. That one looked in the bag with general approval from all the Orders. Nice. Then next on the agenda was some type of Anti-Sith Coordination Council-thingy. Mm. That wouldn't be so hard. Just make sure all of the Orders have a red telephone line. That way when you hit somewhere against the Sith? All you have to do is invite everybody else to come along. All the Fleets show up and pound em'. Nice. Easy as pie. Heck, you might even be able to ask to borrow a few Star Destroyers that way too. Hot.

I mean, sure, the independents wouldn't all have a red telephone line. But they could probably subscribe to one of the main Order's Twitter accounts to stay informed or something. Might even prompt some the indies to come back to the Orders. Just to stay up to date on the joint Invasion plans again. Yeah. No biggie. Good meeting so far. This was shaping up nicely.

Marcello arched a curious brow at [member="Nubica Felidae"]'s statement. She was correct about the Force. It would indeed guide the young Jedi to that which was destined to be hers. Until that happened, however, she manipulated a lightsaber that was not truly her own. Rest assured...a Jedi could be perfectly effective with nearly any lightsaber. However, they would never have the depth of connection that a lightsaber which spoke to their very soul could grant.

Nubica's final comment, however, almost made the Jedi Master laugh. "Why...they're trying to decide how best to merge the efforts of the Jedi while taking care not to offend individual sensibilities. We have been here many times before, and we will be here again." Waving a dismissive hand, Marcello finished the rest of his water. "It's mostly immaterial to those such as you and I. Jedi, like all sentients I suppose, seem to make open communication an arbitrarily trying experience."

Zhall stepped anxiously up to the entrance of the monolithic Jedi building standing in front of him. It hadn't been that long ago that he had decided to abandon his normal to take up that of a Jedi's. The only problem was that he required a master to teach and mentor him in the ways of the force if he truly wanted to defend and protect the galaxy as he had always dreamed to do. Zhall finally swallowed down any nervous feeling he had and locked it away deep with in himself as he made his way into the Jedi temple, hoping to find someone who mentor him.

Zhall stared in awe at the magnificence of the inside of the place, feeling as if the way of the Jedi truly was the way for him. He roamed about the area for a while, giving himself a tour, taking it all in. Finally Zhall decided to wait in what would could be consider the main lobby for the place as he waited for a Jedi master to walk by so that he could commence the begging of becoming their apprentice in the hopes that they would actually accept him.

Nubica Felidae

We are well and truly forked...
“Halm,” she said, almost abstractly. “It’s a desert world out west. Just below One Sith space. It’s not much to look at, by all accounts. Mostly mines…and sand. But it has…Adegan crystals by all accounts. Figure I’d take a visit one day. See if one has my name on it.”

She smiled as he found her comments funny. She was unsure if she’d humoured him, or he found her question funny, but she cared little. “Glad to hear I haven't missed anything significant then.”

“I suspect the Sith don’t sit around for days wondering how best to work together. To ensure they don’t make proposals that might offend. They may be evil, but they sure know the difference between talking and action.”

“Me? You point me in the right direction and let go. I do what’s necessary. I work out which are the bad guys and take them out. Maybe I make it too simple?” She wrinkled her nose.

“But I doubt it.”

She pushed the remainder of her food around her plate with a fork, before taking another drink of her soda. “Do we have to wait for it to end? I mean, it could go on for days. Weeks even? The One Sith could have taken three more planets by then!”

[member="Marcello Matteo"]

Marcello continued to lean back as he watched [member="Nubica Felidae"]. He almost felt like he was out of breath from listening to the young woman. Raising both his hands near the end of her quick monologue, the Jedi Master shook his head slightly. "Have you mastered the art of circular breathing because...it seems like you could talk for hours and never pause for a breath."

Lowering his hands with a brief chuckle, Marcello leaned forward, allowing his expression to take on a slightly more serious glint. "I don't claim to know what happens within the halls of the Sith. However, I do know that most agents of the dark side do not concern themselves with being a unified force. The One Sith scarcely take note of any other dark side group from my humble observations and vice versa. It is easy to be an agent of death. It always will be, and it's certainly a swift gateway to rather incredible feats of power."

Exhaling softly, Marcello shrugged. "To be a force for good requires a great deal more thought, patience, compassion, and understanding. I am by no means preaching that we should all be monks contemplating the meaning of life. A warrior is a warrior, but we are forced to find that precious balance between being in control and out of control. When you find that place within yourself, Nubica, live there...never leave. It will keep you alive, and it will ensure your continued usefulness. Ugh. I hate sounding like I'm giving a sermon."

Standing, Marcello grabbed his plate, intent to clean up after himself. "We absolutely do not have to wait for it to finish. Come on, I'm supposed to be meeting up with my students anyways. Perhaps you can assist me in demonstrating a few things. Who knows...maybe we'll both learn something." Marcello offered Nubica a playful wink as he moved on to deposit his trash and return to the outdoor training areas.

Blackthorne

She of the Trillion Thorns
Conference Room
Listener's Gallery
[member="Verie Lacroix"]

Seated towards the back, removed from the clutter of groupings, two earthy grey eyes trained upon the faces of the speaking Jedi. This was a difficult conversation to listen to for someone who'd known the operations of an efficient and effective Jedi Council in his time, but he was not a man of any noteworthy standing. Not anymore. So far as anyone who had known him before, Corellian Jedi Master Brom Burnside had gone missing in action and been pronounced dead years ago.

He did not see a single familiar face at the table - more's the better.

Beside him sat the young [member="Verie Lacroix"], not a Padawan learner anymore but still young enough in her pursuit of the Force to learn a great deal here. It was the first time she'd been exposed to a gathering of Jedi of this caliber and he hoped it would prove beneficial to her growth. Knowledge of the varying sects of Force users could not be compared to the value of understanding - and to understand, one had to partake.

A hard line of thought creased the man's face between his brow, "If only they could stop trying to define where on the spectrum of light each one of them falls...this forum is too splintered. Too many Kings. They'll never agree to anything without a unifier."

Nubica Felidae

She talked like she lived life. At full-speed. She knew no other way.

“I spend a lot of time alone,” she offered by way of explanation. “If anyone sits still for long enough? I tend to monopolise the conversation.”

She grinned.

“It was your fault. You sat down.”

She listened to his advice. She’d seen a lot for someone of her age, but she wasn’t stupid enough to believe she knew it all — or even a lot. So she always paid attention — although more often than not she made her own mind up on these matters.

And his words on control were ones she’d heard before — and would no doubt hear again. But they resonated. She was narrow in her training. Focused perhaps, but narrow none the less. And her ability to keep the Forces of the Dark-side in check as she fought would always be a tightrope she walked. Always.

She took her plate and, following the Master, tidied it away. “Doing?” Her eyes lit up. “Beats talking any day. But I warn you…I am no less exhausting when I train. I have two speeds, ‘full-on’ and ‘stop’. And I only intend t use ‘stop’ when I’m dead.”

“But I’m always up to learning new things.” There was a bounce in her step now, and all that energy she’d just consumed needed an outlet. “Lead on…”

Marcello flashed a brief smirk in Nubica's direction as she mentioned her 'two speeds'. If he'd learned nothing else, it was that every single warrior was different...had their own way. However, in his experience the reality of having but two speeds truly did mean death was a likely outcome. A brief chuckle escaped the Jedi Master's lips. He wasn't laughing at Nubica's eagerness in any way, shape, or form. It was just...interesting...interacting with the female version of his younger self.

As they exited the banquet hall, Marcello's gaze shifted to two miniature forms that had, apparently, been waiting outside for him to finish. "Ah. Younglings, this is Jedi Knight Nubica Felidae." Marcello motioned to Nubica by way of introduction, but he did not slow his purposeful stride towards the outdoor training area. "She is going to assist me in demonstrating a few points that we discussed earlier."

It wasn't more than a couple minutes before the four Jedi entered the sprawling outdoor training area. There were a couple of sessions still underway, but the Jedi Master had a feeling they would draw an audience before terribly long...assuming Nubica's skill matched her confidence. Turning to the Younglings, Marcello gave brief instructions. "Watch closely...but also try to feel the currents of the Force. Understand how it shifts and flows with every move...see if you can almost anticipate a strike or a parry before ever it occurs."

Turning to face Nubica, Marcello smiled thinly. "For sake of highlighting saber training, let's agree to limit the use of powers to simple kinetic manipulations. I know how your generation likes all the flashy stuff." A harmless wink indicated that the Jedi Master was...mostly kidding.

Once he'd walked to the opposite end of the large sparring mat they would utilize, Marcello casually removed his brown flight jacket. After tossing it to the side, he tied his hair back into a hasty ponytail. He did not, however, draw his lightsaber just yet. Holding his hands out to the side, the Jedi Master allowed his expression to simmer to a much more serious expression as his deep voice called across the space between them. "At your leisure, Knight Felidae." No sooner had the words left his lips than he felt his entire presence melting into the Force around him. An almost meditative serenity settled over the Jedi Master's conscious being as he prepared himself to become a conduit of the Force's capability.

Aleidis Zrgaat

Young soul from an older generation.
Jedicon 854ABY - if that was the actual year - was shaping up to be a pretty fair success. Hardly any fighting, and the saber-rattling seemed to be pretty much kept to a minimum. There were lots of folk sharing knowledge and ideas, and that wasn't a bad thing at all. She was pretty happy, and hadn't felt the need to step in or speak up at any point. The Galaxy, in Aleidis' unasked opinion, was in a bad way and had been ever since she and it had parted ways. But a peaceful meeting of the holiest hearts and minds around was a good place to start fixing things, right?

She'd promised Codi - and herself - that she wouldn't make a big splash at the Convocation, and Aleidis was sticking to that resolution. She'd traveled months from Dayark to get here, she didn't plan on staying any longer than she had to, getting sucked up into any schemes or crusades, or otherwise pulled into nonsense. Even if she felt she needed to get involved. Especially if she felt she needed to get involved. This wasn't an operation or an undertaking, Aleidis was simply conducting a checkup. That was all. Maybe she'd see some old friends. Maybe she'd been forgotten. That might be a blessing, considering that the last time she'd spoken to the Jedi, she'd chastised the Jedi council like wayward children. There might also be bounties on her head or something, maybe? Who knew, anymore. Somebody had told her the Republic had pinned Velok's slaughter on her, somebody else had told her that the Republic was defunct and in the ground. Rumors were so unreliable. Hence the checkup.

The one-armed Ghostling weaved her way through the crowds of serene folk with open curiosity and excitement, taking in everything and anything going on around her. She'd actually worn a robe for the occasion, instead of her usual going-about gear, such as a hooded jacket. White and tan, the way it should be - the garb of a Jedi Knight. Saber on her hip. Satchel over her shoulder. It felt good to dress like a Jedi again, even if she no longer held a real claim to the title or office. Even if she was only wearing it to better avoid drawing attention to herself. Totally not because she'd been asking herself what-if ever since Ben Watts had asked her to set aside her saber for the greater good of the Republic and Galaxy.

Nubica Felidae

She kept in step and spotted the two Padawans — dwarfed by the Master she was accompanied. Oddly, she had taken no notice of their size differential. When it came to her, she only saw her size in the Force, not her physical stature.

She gave the Younglings a small bow and a friendly smile. She tried to put on a serious face for Marcello’s sake, but failed dismally.

And now she fell into step with the three of them and realised, as he spoke that helping them meant fighting him. Her grin widened.

So she headed to the opposite end of the mat and removed her cloak, dropping it on the floor. Even outside, her robes were such a dark shade of brown, they almost appeared black.

She noticed the serenity emanating from him. This would prove an interesting challenge. Her strength was in fighting Sith — as they used the Dark-side. They used passion and anger and raw emotion.

She drew her saber hilt and activated it with a familiar snap-hiss. She grinned and allowed the excitement and passion of the spar to fill her, to guide her actions.

She adopted the familiar opening stance — a one-handed high guard with the blade held horizontally above the head and pointed to the side. Her body was half-twisted, with the off-hand swept across and down.

She nodded to her opponent but remained still. She was building up energy, waiting for the moment to strike.

A smile spread across his lips involuntarily. While this was to be a duel of sorts, Marcello was far more concerned with highlighting the points of instruction he'd given the two padawans, eagerly awaiting the start of the action, earlier. There were a few key concepts...things that often helped to keep people alive in combat situations. The first, of course, was never to be too hasty or fueled with emotion to initiate a confrontation before one was completely ready. [member="Nubica Felidae"] was proving that point very well.

To the padawans and to the padawans alone, Marcello communicated a single silent thought. Feel her subtle draw on the Force in preparation for what is to come, and notice she does not lunge into battle merely upon invitation. Sith will forever attempt to taunt you, force you to draw on your emotions as a source of strength.

There was yet another point to prove. The folly of attacking a foe directly that stands on equal footing. You may succeed...but more often than not your attack would be rebuffed, forcing you to the defensive sooner than you'd intended. If nothing else, any element of combat was certainly a thinking man's game.

In a blur of motion, Marcello surged forward towards Nubica with speed that was not, as of yet, aided by the Force. Over such a short distance, that particular application was not immediately necessary...nor was it a practical use of energy. The strong pulse of energy that erupted from his left hand mere moments after his feet had been set to perhaps, however, was quite useful. Whether Nubica attempted to avoid the impending wave of energy or stand her ground and absorb it, it permitted Marcello time as he charged at her almost directly behind the wave of energy.

A familiar snap-hiss was the only indication among the flurry of movement that Marcello's lightsaber was now in his hand and activated.

Verie Lacroix

V
Conference Room
Listener's Gallery
[member="Brom Burnside"]

Observing from the side of her master, Verie Lacroix felt rather out of place. She was not a Sith, and didn't think her master considered himself thus, but she had not been brought up in the tradition of the Jedi or the light side. She had eschewed her normal dark training clothes for a simple khaki tunic and slacks, over which she wore a fashionable navy blue traveling cloak. It all felt rather like standing in another dancer's dressing room, or perhaps like a holoball player standing in the opposing team's dugout. She had no ill intent, but it did feel rather odd.

"I can't claim to have seen as much of the galaxy as you have," she murmured back to her mentor. "But I've seen enough to know that seems to be human -- or rather, sentient nature. Why should being talented in the Force change that? I would think it's rather the opposite."

Blackthorne

"Because talent does not a cohesive team platform make. It helps," Brom replied quietly, "but it doesn't hold things together. Every one of those Jedi sitting at that table is talented, powerful even, there's no denying that. Until they learn to work with each other instead of singularly, that power won't mean anything against a unified Sith front."

"What's in here," the man tapped at his chest over his heart before lifting his hand to tap at his temple, "should be balance against what's in here. And right now there's too much heart and not enough communal wisdom to steer it in the proper direction."

That was the folly of the Jedi, he supposed. Sighing, Brom patted Verie's knee and made a motion with his head, "Let's go check out the other halls, see what's going on. I heard they were having a symposium on Instinctive Astrogation, you might be interested in that."

[member="Verie Lacroix"]

OOC: I apologise for thread necro, but I think this should keep going.

Dune Rhur stepped into the conference room. Bowing before then masters assembled, he fought down the nervous feeling of so many eyes burrowing into his very being. They could read into him, every feeling and intention. Knowing eyes like those of a cat.

"My Masters," the Bith said as he made a formal bow "I have been sent to inform you of the disappearance of our Grandmaster, Corvus Raaf."

They remained silent, focused on his words.

"We ask that, in honour of Master Raaf, the discussion would continue. She wished that we would once again repair the great schism between our Orders. For are we all not Jedi, are we not servants of the Force?"

"My Masters, may I be permitted to speak on my own behalf?," Dune asked after a moment of hesitation.

[member="Brom Burnside"][member="Verie Lacroix"][member="Marcello Matteo"][member="Aleidis Zrgaat"][member="Zhall Serth"][member="Karen Roberts"][member="Darius Sedaire"][member="Thurion Heavenshield"][member="Coci Heavenshield"][member="Ryan Korr"][member="Coren Starchaser"]

Blackthorne

[member="Dune Rhur"] - That doesn't quite work timeline wise for this thread. Read back one page and you will see Corvus Raaf is, technically speaking, attending and present at this meeting and was one of the last speakers to stand mere moments ago ICly... Feel free to start up a new Convocation thread for the present timeline, if you feel there is a need.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom