Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Invasion of Nar Shaddaa (Reps vs. Suns)

Vex sighed they were in a sorry situation indeed "That sounds like our finest plan ... for now, Shame we can't hurt the delegates I had some rather nasty serums in there" He took his seat at the table pushing the case underneath.Vex would have very much liked to fight back however he also liked living, he would sooner lose his bar than his head.

He heard the party of invaders coming in. He contorted his face into a smile and looked over to the door "Welcome peace loving invaders, I trust you enjoyed ruining the lives of a good number of people today" He spoke with a warm tone that did not match the words.The delegation of black sun's was certainly a poor one a short cripple, a pirate and a death machine now occupied the table were once a full council sat.

The comments from the criminals meant little to Selena. She strode into the conference meeting, flanked by a retinue of Jedi, with her back straight and head forward, with white robes flawless amid the filthy world she stood on. Discussion would not be long she imagined. The conditions of the Republic were simple. In fact, so simple that she did not intend to wait around to ask them. The three leaders of the cartel were lucky to even be having a conversation at the moment. "Our conditions are simple. You and all of the Black Suns are to leave this space within the next twelve standard hours. This system is now under the jurisdiction of the Republic until such time as it develops its own government and choose to not just join the senate. No true negotiations are to be had here. The reality is that should you deny those conditions to leave peacefully then the Republic fleet will slingshot around the planet and land soldiers within moments. Your ragtag assortment of vessels will be subdued, and while the fight would be long and hard you will find yourself either captured to be imprisoned or worse, dead. The planet will not stand behind you for long as Hutts with power will sway to our cause eventually and their underlings will rally under them. Save yourselves and the rest of your cohorts by fleeing while offered the chance. Also, this is a new opportunity for you to have a moment to adhere to the original message of our diplomats. Stay out of our business and we will overlook your existence."

Cedric Dorn

C
Diana stood behind and to the left of The Grandmaster Selena Halcyon, dirt covered her face, oiled smudged her clothes, and her entire being seemed to be battle worn and entirely taken down. Diana looked like she had been through hell, and some might agree that she had in fact been there. Still, she was a Jedi Knight of the Order. She was here to back up her grandmaster and if anything went wrong, to protect her.

With that in mind Diana had her sword Tyrfing still on her back and her two lightsabers on her hip. After @[member="Daella Apparine"], @[member="Sopher Jakobs"] and herself had destroyed the power generator that fed Nar Shaddaa's shield they had received a message from the Republic ships in orbit, it had been one telling of a peace meeting. Being already on the world it had been a simple task for the three Jedi to meet up with their grandmaster. On their way the three had stopped at another McYoda's, picking up some food and drinks.

Diana now stood, drinking from a Slurpee cup as the assembled delegated began to talk.

After escaping from the destroyed power plant, Daella continued to retreat into the Undercity. She continued her exhausted, heavy breathing. Their one mission to Nar Shaddaa had been completed, and now the Jedi had to run to escape death. Daella flew the ship for several minutes. Eventually, Daella and her group received a message to take a specified shuttle to the place designated for negotiations with Black Sun leaders.

Half an hour quickly passed. Daella reached the destination of the Republic shuttle. She boarded it and a soldier gave her a set of standard Jedi robes to replace her torn, personal clothing. She retreated to a cramp restroom at the back of the shuttle to dress herself. She emerged still with bruises and dried blood dotting her face. She kept a still, stoic demeanor as the ship approached the palace.

Before the meeting began, Daella found @[member="Selena Halcyon"] and joined her as part of her entourage. She remained silent once she entered the room of Black Sun leaders. The droid known as Mr. Ash was one of the criminal’s aboard Domino’s space station that had seen her before.

Those such as @[member="Vex Tythion "]and @[member="Rayl Wilded"] might not have personally seen her before, yet if the distribution of information among Black Sun leadership was adequate they might have known about the events that directly lead up to the Republic’s military action at Nar Shaddaa. Daella journeyed to the system and relayed to Domino the message that Grand Master Halcyon and Supreme Chancellor @[member="Jack Harkness"] gave her. Such a message then sparked Domino to make an attempt on her life. This forced Daella,@[member="Diana Moridena"], and @[member="Sopher Jakobs"] to escape in a manner similar to how Qui-Gon Jin and Obi-Wan Kenobi did in the waning days of the Old Republic. The Jedi strike team then remained in hiding on the Smuggler’s Moon until the day the Republic attacked.

At the conference, Daella stood in a manner similar to Selena despite the dirtied look on her face after battle. She stood with her feet squared and aligned with her shoulders. She pulled her elbows back and had her hands behind her back as if standing at attention. Her blue eyes locked onto each speaker as they made their voice known. She gave no reaction, though, nor did any action besides watch in contrast to Diana taking the time to hydrate herself.

And clipped to her belt near her right hip was the hilt of her lightsaber.

Josh took a seat near @[member="Selena Halcyon"], shaking his head at the situation. Josh had hoped this situation could have been resolved a lot more peacefully. Really, he felt this entire situation was nonsense, but he didn't state said opinion. Not yet anyway.

He sighed, tempted to shift back in his seat and plop his feet onto the table, just to stick it to the criminal "diplomats" that were sending jabs toward Selena instead of at least trying to retain a bit of professionalism. But what was the use of stooping to their level? The best idea was just to be the better man in this situation.

He listened to Selena's conditions patiently, without a word on his part. He knew the Suns likely wouldn't stand for it, but if they valued the lives of their citizens, they would oblige. If not, they risked unnecessary casualties. While he didn't approve of Selena's more aggressive stance on things, he shamefully had to admit that the Grandmaster was in the right. The Suns had fired first, just like Han. Except this time, Greedo shot best.

Under his Jedi Master Doshi Robes, Josh's Magnus Armor lied in wait in case shots were fired. Clipped to his belt was his lightsaber, primed and ready in case things went south. There was a feeling in the pit of his stomach that the Suns wouldn't go quietly.... And if they did, they would be back.

Amarant

Dead Men End All Tales.
Mr. Ash looked at the Jedi calmly. And they called him criminals. "I feel I should bring something to your attention," he said calmly, showing holographic recordings, of @[member="Roland"]'s little escapade. "This is one of your operatives. He assassinated our soldiers, impersonated them and then use the guise to kill civlians," he said as he demonstrate the holo-recording. "This final shot demonstrates that Republic command identified and armed him, proving him to be one of your men and not some random street thug."

He looked very coolly towards the grandmaster. "With or without your knowledge, Miss Halcyon, the Republic pre-empted this invasion by planting cells on the planet, and giving them orders to target civilians to start an insurrection--a violation of sanity, if not Republic law. You may believe we had a peaceful option, but as of now, that narrative should be realized for what it is--a lie, whether yours or someone else's. People wanted this war to occur, and we had no choice but to defend our interests. I am in no position to make demands, but I suggest you find the people responsible for this, and do some housekeeping."

He looked towards her. "I have two suggestions, which you are welcome to take or leave. First, you should find out if there are any survivors of that dead family, and make sure they are reimbursed for their loss, and silence, since it would look rather....unseemly if you failed to cover up this pre-emptive aggression. Secondly, I suggest you rebuild that power plant your people destroyed as quickly as you can. If the economy destabilizes, you'll be as likely to die by the people of Nar Shaddaa as anyone else."

His eyes were calm, focused. His delivery was succinct and quiet. He didn't have time to doctor this footage. The Grandmaster...Grandmistress? Whatever, she could believe what she wanted. "Regardless, I want your assurances that the people of Nar Shaddaa will be allowed to elect their own government. Their freedom should no be stripped because of a spat between yourself and Domino," he said softly, as if speaking to a child. Hell, he might as well have been, given the age difference. "Finally, it will take 24 hours to remove all military presence and assets here. I can't call a moon-wide evacuation in 12 hours anymore than you could do the same on any major planet in your government," he said coolly. "I have to relocate entire families. 12 hours isn't sufficient, even with my efficiency at logistics," he mused calmly.

He had said his peace. Wilded or Vex could handle the press conference. He had to pursue his own agendas after this. He was wondering, however, how long it would take for the Jedi to realize that the Hutts weren't about to let the Republic dictate policies. The Hutts outlasted and endured every incarnation of the Republic and the Empire, including their fusion, the Galactic Empire, which was the strongest Hutt regime ever--the reign of Jabba. That being said, it was fascinating what little grasp of history all these children had. Ah well, more fun for him, he supposed. He activated his commlink, scrubbing all sensitive data from the palace datacore. after copying it to a remote server on one his ships. should be enough to keep things going off planet.

@[member="Joshua DragonsFlame"]@[member="Selena Halcyon"]@[member="Vex Tythion "]@[member="Rayl Wilded"]

Josh didn't respond to what @Mr. Ash was saying, he was busy watching the footage of @[member="Roland"] and his escapades. Ash had called him a Republic operative, but Josh hadn't seen him at briefing, hadn't been told of him, didn't even know he existed before this.

He looked from the footage, to Ash, to Selena. Motioning toward the footage, he mouthed in Selena's direction...

"Who the kark is that?"

@Selena Halcyon@Vex Tythion @Rayl Wilded @Mr. Ash @[member="Daella Apparine"] @[member="Diana Moridena"]

Nor did Selena know anything of the operative. To the point where the information was inconsequential. In time she would look into it. Whereas Master DragonFlame let the shock of it cause him to visually show it, Selena refused to show that it moved her. Asking questions was pointless now. They were not here to handle the business of that incident, especially given that Selena had no knowledge of if it was valid or not. Giving a visual reaction or acknowledging confusion about it could be seen as weakness. Something she did not wish to display in front of the criminals. Instead she just made her calm more evident to those who were gifted in the Force.

"The Republic will handle business as they seem fit. As previously stated, it is the locals who will decide on their government. We will oversee that process and make sure that it is not just some druglord taking power. What else we do to aid this planet is of no importance to you. Also, your talk of moving families is inconsequential. The Republic is not demanding that families be gone within twelve hours, just Black Sun personnel. Families can leave in a constant stream after that if they wish. Your personnel will leave. Those that do not will be found and tried for their actions as part of your criminal organization." She would not move on this point. Criminal overlords did not care about the families of their men. Thugs like this regularly killed underlings. It was a tactic on their part to buy time. Time that they would not be afforded.

Amarant

Dead Men End All Tales.
"My, you really do have it all figured out, don't you?" He said with a slight shake of his head. "There are 95 billion people on this planet. We are the government of said planet." He said, emphasizing the word, "Not some two-bit cabal of power brokers. A government with an administrative bureaucracy designed by Hutts A withdrawal of every Sun on this planet amounts to, give or take, 43 Million people. Officials, bureaucrats, peace officers, military personnel, holonet technicians, and yes, their families. You' stabbed our people in the back without warrant or cause on Contruum, your men fired on civilians here. Anyone left behind is a hostage for you to take, and you have no good faith to expend. No one will willingly leave without their loved ones." He looked at her calmly. He hoped that some logic was beginning to sink in. This wasn't a ploy. This wasn't grandstanding. This was simple math and psychology. People weren't going to leave without their families. He may not have had love, but most of the Suns did. He wasn't about to let the people his employees and colleagues loved get left behind with these killers.

"I could have done it in fifteen hours, had your ham-fisted paramilitary diplomats not blown up the power source to the largest spaceport on the fething moon." His tone was more rebuke than earnestness. He had quite enough of her posturing, of this creepy and sadistic lightsaber-measuring contest. Yes the Republic's was bigger. Good for them. "Now, it's going to take twenty-four standard hours. You don't like it? Neither do I. But sometimes, reality sucks for everyone." He was getting sick and tired of being called a liar every time he spoke by a woman whose very position was a lie from the Republic to the Black Suns. He was looking out for Nar Shaddaa's interest--if he didn't, he would've just strangled her then and now. "We need 24 hours to get all of our people off planet. Maybe if you had decided to go on a killing spree like on Metalorn we'd have less. You are getting the planet, and you can try to rule it," he said calmly. "But evacuating my personnel is my responsibility, and I will not bow before you for acting like a petulant child. 24 hours are needed. You want to shoot at people when your twelve are over, fine. May the force have mercy on that shriveled, worthless excuse that passes for a soul amongst the Jedi," he said dryly.

@[member="Selena Halcyon"]

Josh shook his head, finally deciding to speak.

"Look, this hostility is unnecessary" he said gently, looking from @Mr. Ash to @[member="Selena Halcyon"], hoping to smooth over the ever increasing tension before things got nasty. "I'm sure a middle ground can be compromised?" he suggested, shrugging.

"15, 16 hours. Can it be done, Mr.... Ash, I believe your name was?" he asked. "It's closer to your wanted total then Selena might like, but it's something I'd back" he said gently, calmly.

"I apologize for the interruption, Grandmaster" he said politely, giving Selena a respectful nod. "But perhaps 16 hours, with the process being more closely monitored so they can't pull anything? Everybody wins, or at least wins more then we were before" he said. Josh wouldn't normally interrupt like this, but the likelihood of this meeting going south was creeping up, and he wasn't a fan of having more bloodshed then necessary. "The less casualties, the better, but that's just my opinion. Take it as you will, act on it or not, that's your call in this instance. I'm just here to help" he finished, before relaxing back in his seat again. He knew he'd probably catch hell from Selena for it later, but SOMEBODY had to be the voice of reason before things got nasty.

"You have fifteen hours..."

She was already going to give it to the Suns before Joshua had jumped in. She wanted to avoid as much death as possible, which was the entire reason was even allowing the Black Suns to leave. Even doing that though she did not see much good coming from it. They had the criminals here now. It made more sense to simple arrest the leaders right now and cut off the head of the organization. Letting them leave was only delaying a problem and allowing the Suns to still keep themselves mostly in tact and organized. They would continue to corrupt planets, spread illegal substances and ruin the lives of millions.

"Unless the three of you give yourselves up to arrest then your people will have twenty-four."

"On what charge would you arrest me Jedi?" He smiled "I did not lift a finger during your invasion and I just run a bar with staff who just happen to live on the precises, Last I checked that wasn't illegal ... Kidnap is though" He doubted they would find any evidence of wrong doing on his part. He turned to Mr.Ash "I will talk to the press and instruct people to begin leaving" He stood up Lifting his case shame he had been asked not to use it's content. He nodded to the invaders "Good Luck Jedi" He said then he walked out he had a conference to prepare.

Amarant

Dead Men End All Tales.
Mr. Ash considered this. "I am the only person against whom you have anything resembling a charge to file. I will submit to an arrest, if the 24 hours are given. I cannot speak for Mr. Wildred. Vex, if I end up in jail, please write me," he said courteously as his diminutive, clever colleague left the room to handle the press. "If you can promise that I will be afforded a proper trial as a sentient, and that my status as a droid will be ignored, then I will submit to your arrest, after I have done my damnedest to save the people of Nar Shaddaa from your discourteous wrath. Since the young man," he said, pointing to @[member="Joshua DragonsFlame"], "shows the actual compassion for which the Jedi are noted even to us lowly criminals, I would like him assigned to the detail of Jedi watching me. He seems like the type to let me meet a fair trial than die by an easily faked assassination," he said calmly. He hoped he was right, and that this kid wouldn't go off the reservation. He couldn't trust the remaining Jedi at all. Too much bad blood, and he knew they hated him, despite their claims of being fully in control they wouldn't.

"I must applaud your audacity, Selena. Even the most daring criminal on Nar Shaddaa wouldn't hold 45 million people hostage just to get a pound of flesh. You're quite the criminal. You steal a planet in a day and hold millions hostage to ensure your snare on it tightens. you stole the position of grandmaster when you were exiled from the very council less than a month before. You are truly a thief of thrones, and that is quite laudable--you are perhaps the bet I've seen. Stealing a planet, holding civilians hostage to force my peaceful surrender, knowing I'm the one with proof of your operatives killing innocent civilians. 273 years, and someone's finally out-smarted me." He smirked, picking up his suitcase, and unzipping it. "The only material possession worth it to me on this planet," he said as he open the latches. He pulled out a crystal decanter, with two glasses, pouring himself one and pouring another. "you can use a chem-sniffer if you think it's poisoned. Larmiddian scotch in a Ryloth Crystal Decanter. I intended to use this drink when I became Vigo, to toast myself." He smiled, a weak, bittersweet smile. A rare show of emotion for the skull-face monster of Nar Shaddaa, the man other criminals didn't say the name of, for fear he'd show up. He threw back his drink, knowing full well it'd just go into a tank. Still, part of him wished he could feel it like any other man. He poured a glass for Wilded as well.

"I wish I could've been born, like you lot. Maybe it would've ended without me in chains. Who knows," he said sadly. "The nearest functioning holoterminal is five minutes walk from here. You may secure me there, as I will need access to being coordinating fleet schedules. Even with my brilliant droid brain, I'll need a better network to make this work," he mused, exhaling deeply, as if by some human instinct, part of him wanted to laugh and part of him wanted to cry. But he had no such luxury. No, lapses in his cold calm demeanor could happen tonight. Not if the plan worked.

@Mr. Ash @[member="Vex Tythion "]@[member="Selena Halcyon"] @[member="Joshua DragonsFlame"] @

Rayl took Mr. Ash's glass of Larmiddian scotch. Quite the luxury indeed even for him. The entire time he'd been silent before the inquisition. Awaiting for the right time to say something. Which had already past, but he'd been enjoying Ash tearing them a new one. His surrender was all the more shocking a counter to his actions. His chair scrapped back as he rose. "You sir are a true gentlemen. I commend your humility". Rayl sipped some of the drink back, pinky raised. It would be seen to that his imprisonment does not last long. Rayl had connections to the greatest mercenaries in the galaxy. They'd find and free him even if they send him to the blackest reaches or the strongest prison there is.

"I can inform you Miss Halcyon that my surrender shall not be had. Nor Mr. Tythion's. His actions have taken no aim at the Republic in this conflict or earlier. And the internal laws of the Republic do not extend to independent systems in a real legal frame. I shall accept your ticket off this world. Nar Shaddaa is now in the hands of the Republic. We'll remove our assets in your time frame. I'll guarantee our military forces shall be gone, any others should be given safe passage. Its an impossible task to move so many in such short a time. But I'm sure the Republic will be lenient on the matter of non combatants". Rayl raised his glass. "Nar Shaddaa you shall shine eternal". A toast to a world that will once again be theirs, or no ones. The scotch was gone all to fast; leaving a want of more for the man. "Cadre, move out"! Rayl's shout revealed his guards that hid in the shadows. Along with the ones that had been behind him they began to move out. "We'll see if you can change a world of criminals Selena. Vex, if you've anything to add, say it now. I'll see to it you make it off this world. Mr. Ash". Rayl paused and placed a gloved hand on the droids shoulder. In a hushed tone he said "Time will tell if we meet again. Best of luck and may the sun shine on you". Removing his hand, and with his guards, he made his way to the starting path of this arc of the grand life of Rayl Wilded.

A pirate acting as if he was without crimes. A leader of the Black Suns acting as if he could not be arrested for such. And a droid acting as if he could be given the rights of something he was not. The entire scene was ridiculous. It was clear to her that delusions were not only caused by the darkside, but by any criminal wanting to tell themselves that they are not the bad people that they are. All around, the situation was absurd. The difficulty is the balance. They misunderstood the premise. They all were to submit to arrest in order to get the extended time frame. Their ramblings and pretending to be the moral ones in this situation meant little to her, for Selena actually understood the ways of justice and what was right. She honestly was not sure who they were trying to convince if not themselves.

"A droid cannot be allotted the rights of what it is not, the Republic does not work that way. In essence, you are not truly being arrested but are seized property. The property of the Black Sun criminal organization, it is the arrest of the two individuals here that is what predicates the twenty-four hour time limit. I am willing to limit it to one of you." She gestured to the midget and to the pirate who was trying to make his exit, with a guard that the Jedi had known was there all along. What both failed to understand about the arrest was that it was perfectly legal as the Republic, in essence, was making this system its territory for the time being. Warzone hostages were also not unusual as well. She would have expected criminals who make a business off of manipulating politics to be more aware of how these things worked. Perhaps they were just ignorant to how war functioned. Then again, they had attacked diplomats so their political acumen was clearly not the best anyways.

"Then it would appear that we will not be getting twenty four hours then, Now if you will excuse us Grand Mistress I have a press conference to give" He smiled and gave a low sarcastic bow before striding from the room.He walked to the outside of the vigo's palace and waited for the Pirate @[member="Rayl Wilded"] to follow him out. When he arrived Vex asked him to join him at his bar. They needed to discuss the plan for removing people and vex had a plan for a last dig at the republic.

@[member="Vex Tythion "]@[member="Selena Halcyon"] @Mr. Ash

Vex's words were good enough for him. The Republic nearly one all the prizes it was seeking. They would do everything they could short of sacrificing themselves to see the few remaining were not won.
Outside the Vigo's Palace
"Ayy that we do need a concrete plan, Mr. Tythion. I doubt they'll let Ash do what he wished to; but I'll be dammed to let them melt him for scrap. We'll have our revenge on the Republic, beginning once things are wrapped up here". Rayl looked upwards to the top the the structure they'd just given up the planet in. The Black Sun flag being lowered away was a sickening sign of defeat, though his own doing for the greater good of everyone's survival. It would be seen that Republic flag they raised in its place would be cut down and thrown to a toxic pit below. "Lets go". One of his shuttles from The Defias had come to meet the two and the men. Fourteen hours thirty seven minutes until the deadline.

Fifteen hours it was, thought Selena. The pirate and the midget showed the exact colors that she expected to see of them. They would of course rather save their own hides than help the people that they supposedly cared about. However, she would keep them monitored.

"Master DragonFlame, I would like for you to keep yourself with Mr. Tythion and escort him to a shuttle." Shifting the address to the midget, "You will not be permitted to speak to the planet. You are to leave immediately if you will not submit to arrest." Moving attention back to her retinue, "Master Syn if you could make sure that the pirate Rayl Wilded is in fact leaving I would appreciate it."

Then she shifted her attention to the trio who had been here the longest. "I know you three have worked very hard but I have one more request before you rest. Keep an eye on Mr. Ash. I will allot the Suns an extra two hours for his submission to arrest. However, be sure that he does not take advantage of that time. I want a team of slicers present to monitor all the work that he does."

Cedric Dorn

C
Diana stood there for a few more minutes, drinking from her Slurpee and occasionally casting a glance over to Daella. She had found out a great many things about her bladesister on this little adventure, chief among them about Daella's own adventures with the agriculture corp of the Jedi. She cast a glance at Daella, and then looked back to Selena as the Grandmaster walked over towards them.

“As you wish Grandmaster.” Diana said as she bowed her head in submission and obedience. She held tightly on to her Slurpee cup, slightly miffed at the Jed Grandmaster. Diana wanted nothing more than to go home. She wanted her bed, and she wanted to sleep for the next year.

She was a Jedi however, and she would see this through. With a frown she looked at Mr. Ash, slowly putting the straw from her Slurpee in her mouth and taking another sip...stupid droid.

Major Faction

Syn

Nimir-ra to Iella, Jedi Shadow
Syn looked up, he had remained quiet and under the hood of his robes while everything had been going on. The planetary shield had caused issues with getting and down and then he just was waiting when everything else had been happening.There wasn't much else to do as he stood up and gave a nod of his head. "Of course grandmaster." He moved his head to look at Rayl for a moment before moving aside. "Please go in peace and it is good we have reached an accord of sorts." He had also not really been wanting to go down and fight because... because she wasn't here. It was almost disappointing to say the least. He had wanted to face Domino again and she had left he found out. It was a sad time but he would find a way to finish that dance between them while he moved and motioned for @[member="Rayl Wilded"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom