Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Staff Invasion Decisions Throughout The Years

In light of recent discussions regarding Invasions, I have "de-classified" three threads from 2016 for your public viewing. There's also another thread I threw in, that was fun to go back and read. I thought it was pretty neat.

If you don't, then uh, press X to skip.

The Multiple Invasions Poll: 2015

Tef Introduces Victory Conditions To The Community (Staff Thread Declassified): 2016

Staff Finalizes The Rules (Staff Thread Declassified): 2016

An RPJ Completes Their First Judgement Of The New Era (Staff Thread Declassified): 2016

Finally, JSC - an old member here - had a quote I found interesting. Not sure how much of it is raindancer mentality, but it was funny, again, in juxtaposition.

f342d1c7868ae6ff4b984a140bb3ccb7.png

76cb642d5d9d2e101a7e15ae9e279cd2.png

Last edited:
Oh wow, the past. I remember my main motivations for change at the time being:
  • Frequently railroaded into writing specific parts in invasions by my faction admins who wanted to 'win'. This spoiled my fun as a member as I couldn't properly collaborate with writers from the other faction in story writing and was instead tied to my faction staff. (also big shout back to 2014 invasions where fleet battles being 50%+ of the determining factor of many invasions despite only being writing by 3 or 4 people because faction staff were trying to game the system. I remember someone arguing that no invasions should take place until you win the space battle)
  • I was privy to a document where two faction admin teams argued for 15+ pages and two weeks over who should win a specific invasion.
"oh sh* waddup"

Wtf 2016 me?

Don't worry, when it comes to repeating Internet meme phrases until they lose all meaning you aren't one of the worst offenders around here :D

Last edited:
I think my favorite quote is from Valiens Nantaris Valiens Nantaris

I like this...but...

Devil's advocate here; is this going too far the other way?

A bit out of context, but I like it. 5 years of peace before the Victory Conditions via RPJs got properly challenged. This is what I think about when writing rules, and people ask about things like precedent and ramifications. It’s like tugging strings of tit-for-tat game theory, across stretches of time. People be debating “will it work”, when the real question should be “how long will it work”.

Seguidor Oculto de la Verdad
(also big shout back to 2014 invasions where fleet battles being 50%+ of the determining factor of many invasions despite only being writing by 3 or 4 people because faction staff were trying to game the system. I remember someone arguing that no invasions should take place until you win the space battle)

Think I pointed this out back in the day and got torn open for it.

Oh no....here comes the old guard. The flood gates have been released.

Honestly, I had more fun back in 2014-16 then I would now. I couldn't tell you why, and it doesn't matter. But the board has done a good job getting away from those arguments, kinda. There still there...in the background noise.

I remember someone once describing Chaos RP as Sith tossing tanks around and Jedi flying all about with the Force.

Now its less...Marvel Civil War and more Star Wars War. More talking, and emotion, less....Force go Brrrr

Now its less...Marvel Civil War and more Star Wars War. More talking, and emotion, less....Force go Brrrr
To be honest, Its like that in Legends, and In canon anyways. So seeing many people here, wishing to emulate that is not a stretch.

If a Master of TK can throw objects larger than themselves, then why can they not "throw themselves"/fly?

I think its because of the Invasion climate that changed how people write now. Less about powers as a way to win. Where people learned power after power after power for the sake of being able to be the oppressive force on the invasion thread, but now its more leaning to writing a good story supplemented with the force as an extra flavor to the special sauce.

Same thing with the Factory. Its now not really worried about "Balanced" because most items now days are made for Flavor and for historical purposes, rather than being some uber-weapon in everyone's hands. (There is still some worry for the people who would attempt to abuse it, but its not the biggest purpose of a majority of the site.)

When there is no "Damage counter" in a game, then its not about how powerful the players are. But how skillful you need to be in order to beat it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom