Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Staff Invasion of Dulvoyinn Results (OS v GA)

[member="Raziel"] [member="Cira"] [member="Lorelei Darke"] [member="Reverance"] [member="Spencer Varanin"] [member="Valiens Nantaris"] [member="Thurion Heavenshield"] [member="Asemir Lor'kora"] [member="Kyra Sol"] [member="Kana Truden"]

I was given the opportunity to review the One Sith versus Galactic Alliance invasion of Dulvoyinn thread, which I believe was the first invasion to follow the newest rules on invasions. The invasion's result was that the Galactic Alliance was the victor, and this post will have the summary of my thought process that lead to that decision being made.

VICTORY CONDITIONS

The following will not be considered when judging an Invasion.
  • Person vs Person Duels. The amount of duels won or lost in an Invasion does not contribute to either faction’s victory.
  • Objectives. The amount of objectives won or lost in an Invasion does not contribute to either faction’s victory.
  • Non-Player Characters. The actions of NPCs involved from either side in an Invasion does not contribute to either faction’s victory.
The following will be considered when judging an Invasion.
  • Teamwork. The amount of teamwork each faction exhibits over the course of the Invasion will contribute to victory, including its organization, cooperation with the faction's members, and how it executes its vision for the Invasion. This also includes members from opposing factions working with each other, rather than against each other, to provide entertaining role-play.
  • Story. Does it make sense? How exciting is it? Are the factions trying to weave a purposeful story or put up points on a scoreboard? This should not include the reason for the Invasion, but rather the story that proceeds once the Invasion has begun.
  • OOC Drama. Negative drama instigated by either side, publicly, can negatively impact a Faction’s chances for victory in an Invasion.
  • Entertainment. The value of entertainment provided by Factions in an Invasion can positively impact a Faction’s chances for victory in an Invasion.
  • Effort. The amount of effort put into the Invasion by each faction participating will positively impact that faction's chances for victory. This includes, but is not limited to - active writers participating, quality of writing, and responding to your writing partners in a reasonable time.
As noted above, there are 5 key points to review an invasion by which encapsulate many factors that are associated with those categories. The best thing to do here is to not review the invasion looking at the actual events but rather at why and how the events happened.

Below is a summary of my full thought process and how I reached my decision.

• Drama
    This invasion was relatively free of drama from both sides, but there were still a few moments of contention where two members (Elaine Thul and Reinhard Baelor) bickered and were informed by other members that doing such only serves to hurt them in the invasion. The aggression stopped, though Elaine Thul (GA) pressed the issue for one more post before letting it go.
    Observation: A Galactic Alliance member and One Sith member engaged in an argument in the OOC thread, the Galactic Alliance member persisted but didn't instigate any major issues or reports. A post was edited out (marked as "Deleted") in the invasion thread, which I assume was because of this argument, but nobody (including fellow RPJs who were in the invasion) knew what the post was or if it was simply an accidental post.

I'm not going to take anything away from the OS for the edited out post, but I'm marking the Galactic Alliance down for the persistence in the argument, as the member made another instigatory remark later on in the thread.

Drama to: One Sith for less drama.

[*]Effort
  • While there was very little drama, and plenty of cooperation from participating members, it became very clear from early on in the invasion (by page 5 out of 16) that most of the members that were participating in the invasion were members of the Galactic Alliance. That isn't to say there was an abnormal or extremely large presence compared to a normal faction that is engaged in an invasion, but rather that the One Sith's presence (member presence) was rather small compared to past invasions that they have been in.
    Observation: Members of both sides put forth great effort in their writing and contribution to the invasion, but the overall presence of the One Sith (in terms of activity) seemed far less than the Galactic Alliance. While this isn't the biggest part of the effort category, it's a noticeable thing that stuck out while reading through the thread. It was also pointed out by One Sith Faction Owner, Darth Erebos, that this contributed to their inability to truly provide opposition to the Galactic Alliance in the Invasion decision PM chain.

While the members present in this invasion certainly put forth great effort on behalf of their factions, I'm hesitant to say that both sides had equal representation from their member base, as it was clear that there was less activity from the One Sith and more from the Galactic Alliance. For this reason I've put the Galactic Alliance in for this category.

Effort to: Galactic Alliance for greater participation in the invasion.

[*]Teamwork
  • Throughout the entire invasion, from page 1 to page 16, and evidenced throughout the OOC discussion, both factions worked together both within their own faction and with each other in this invasion to write a good and entertaining story. This was slightly hampered by the One Sith's lower member participation as compared to the Galactic Alliance, as it hurt their ability to maintain good organization in various areas of the invasion, but overall I'd say that the members present were fairly equal in how much teamwork was provided. I made a clear point to compliment both faction owners about their faction's participation in this regard in my opening PM to the two.
    Observation: There is no clear choice for which faction had greater teamwork, only that there was some difficulty for the One Sith in this regard as Darth Erebos noted to me, in the PM where I let both faction owners know I was going to be reviewing this invasion, due to the participation that was seen from the One Sith members. I'm not going to give this to either faction, and rather consider it a draw, but if I was to put the factions on a graph with this as a part of it, I'd say it adds onto the effort problem that I noted for the One Sith.

Teamwork to: Both. One Sith was slightly hurt here because of less members participating in the invasion, which caused them to be slightly less organized in their engagement during the thread.

[*]Entertainment
  • This invasion, from a reader's standpoint, was full of very entertaining parts. Darth Vornskr's duel with Ryan Korr, for example, was probably my favorite part of this invasion and made for a very good story. I can't really give this to either faction, because there were so few places where I didn't find the invasion thread a nice read, and will be considering this, like with the Teamwork, more or less a draw. Neither faction really suffered at all here.
    Observation: Both factions provided a very entertaining/engaging read. Neither faction comes out on top here, and it's close enough that I can't say that either faction suffered or had an advantage in this category.

Entertainment to: Both.

[*]Story
  • The overarching story in this invasion is very clear, it isn't a bunch of completely unrelated events that are shoehorned into one thread - it's very clear that every member is working towards crafting an entertaining story centering around an engagement for the planet of Dulvoyinn. There are very engaging portions, from the Rogue Squadron engaging TIE fighters, to the duel between Ryan Korr and Darth Vornskr, and I can't say that any of it was boring or didn't make sense when looking at it from the big picture. It was clear, however, that if things were to continue indefinitely that the One Sith's smaller presence, and consequently smaller opposition, would probably result in significant, if not total, loss. A major portion of their force, the Immortal's Proton Beam Cannon, was destroyed with significant damage done to the ship, which certainly would have hurt them as it was their designated flagship, and they weren't able to capture the Galactic Alliance's ship. The One Sith's carrier was also loaded with charges that were set to explode, and members of the One Sith, during the invasion, acknowledged this and began to retreat.
    Observation: The storyline presented by both factions was engaging, entertaining, and featured teamwork from both sides to make it so. However, there were several events that turned the tides of the invasion against the One Sith (Destruction of the Immortal's Proton Beam Cannon, charges set to explode in their carrier, evacuation and retreat by One Sith members). From the perspective of the reader looking at the overarching storyline, I'd have to say that the story category would have to go to the Galactic Alliance for this, and it was probably because the One Sith was unable to drum up a large enough opposition and their organization had been hurt by that which led to these events. Because we look at all of these categories rather than did faction A or B complete C or D objective, I'm not deciding the victor in this invasion because of the events that occurred, but rather why they happened or arose in the first place. Summarily, because the One Sith had a smaller participation in the invasion (effort), were less organized (teamwork), they were unable to weave a story in which they were the victors (story).

Story to: Galactic Alliance. Due to greater member participation and organization, they were able to significantly alter the course of the invasion in their favor. The One Sith were hurt here because of lower member turnout and a less organized approach (which was, also, caused by lower member participation).

[*]Result
  • Because the One Sith had lower member turnout (Effort) their organization (teamwork) was hampered, which resulted in an inability to defend themselves completely or very efficiently from the Galactic Alliance (story). Both sides were very cooperative (teamwork) with each other and the entire thread was very entertaining (entertainment), but the flow of the invasion was in favor of the Galactic Alliance. All in all, this was probably the most drama-free invasion I've seen on the board.
    Victor: Galactic Alliance

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom