Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Introducing...Flashpoints!

The following rules are being implemented on a trial basis. We will carefully monitor the impacts and effects of this ruleset and make edits as required.

This applies only to Invasions announced after today. However, if already announced (but not started) Invasions would like to take part both Faction Owners must agree. For all new invasions, a flashpoint might happen....

FLASHPOINT RULES

• [SIZE=13.5pt]Flashpoints are the harbingers of chaos and chance, and represent random and sometimes naturally occurring events in the Galaxy of Star Wars RP: Chaos.[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=13.5pt]In a Flashpoint where more than 2 sides are involved every IC post must clearly label the side being represented.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=18pt]TARGETS OF FLASHPOINTS[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=13.5pt]Every time a new Rebellion or Invasion is declared, a member of the SWRP Staff Team will roll a ten-sided die in the #dice_rolls discord channel. If the Rebellion/Invasion thread's roll lands on a 10, a Flashpoint is declared and the prefix of the thread is changed to Flashpoint.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=18pt]FLASHPOINT MODIFIERS[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=13.5pt]When a thread is declared a Flashpoint, it will follow a set of further rules in addition to the rules determined by the type of thread it was prior to becoming a Flashpoint.[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=13.5pt]These rules are decided by a second 4-sided dice roll by Staff in the #flashpoint discord channel, and the corresponding number will decide which modifier to apply to the thread.[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=13.5pt]A Role-play Judge will be assigned to a Flashpoint to ensure a modicum of law and to answer all questions arising from the Chaos.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=18pt]REBELLION MODIFIERS[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=13.5pt]If a 1 is rolled, the Rebellion is immediately crushed and the Flashpoint is to be treated as a [/SIZE][SIZE=13.5pt]successful [/SIZE][SIZE=13.5pt]Dominion.[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=13.5pt]If a 2 is rolled, the Major Faction owning the planet has put up a blockade, limiting the amount of people from each Minor Faction that joins to a maximum of 5 [/SIZE][SIZE=13.5pt]characters.[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=13.5pt]If a 3 is rolled, two adjacent hexes to this Rebellion (to be determined by Staff) are now also open to Rebellion for the next 10 days.[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=13.5pt]If a 4 is rolled, Major Factions may also join the Rebellion and join either side.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=18pt]INVASION MODIFIERS[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=13.5pt]If a 1 is rolled, the victor will claim the two hexes closest (to be determined by staff) to the invasion hex from the losing Faction. These will be returned to neutral if dictated so by influence cloud rules.[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=13.5pt]If a 2 is rolled, Requesting Aid restrictions are lifted.[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=13.5pt]If a 3 is rolled, each participating Major Faction [/SIZE][SIZE=13.5pt]must[/SIZE][SIZE=13.5pt] invite a second Major Faction as an ally.[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=13.5pt]If a 4 is rolled, a Minor Faction may declare Rebellion and join the invasion to make it a three way battle. If declared victorious Rebellion rules apply. Any further Minor Factions may join the Flashpoint by posting their intention in the OOC thread.[/SIZE]

TL;DR - All new invasions or rebellions have a 1 in 10 chance of something happening, as listed above.

Bear in mind that the odds for any single result in an invasion is 1 in 40, so whilst the chance is not high, it can happen.

tenor.gif

Valiens Nantaris said:
If a 1 is rolled, the victor will claim the two hexes closest (to be determined by staff) to the invasion hex from the losing Faction. These will be returned to neutral if dictated so by influence cloud rules.

Quick question, this will still apply if Losing Faction is the one that initiated the invasion and is across the map from winning faction?

Also how will this effect Major Faction Capitals? Are they capable of being rendered neutral or lost in these even if they are not the target of an invasion?

...must we involve the dice thing into our writing? It was funny when Cira had the whole "oooh, are you pregnant?" thing a few years back now not so much. Are we invading too much? 'cos you know, we've been up-ing our game quite a bit in terms of organization and stuff.

Stephanie Swail

Look what they've done to my dream
Hm. Sadly not a fan of this and I'm sure I'll get handed a new one here but got to speak our minds!

So, Staff roll a dice we will never see to determine how something changes, and now there is a risk of having a 3-way battle or losing 2 hexes from an invasion that is already quite stressful, draining and then disappointing if you lose? And then Staff choose the hexes?

I feel Staff are controlling invasions a little TOO much with this, and I don't think it's overly fair on the Faction who loses to have hexes determined by Staff who may well not be involved in the Faction at all. If this has to happen, surely the Faction can choose which hexes they lose after all their hard work?

Things are tough enough without yet more hurdles and obstacles thrown into the mix under a new name.

Sorry, but all IMO of course and I don't speak for all of the Silvers in this.

I like the idea of some RNG in threads. I wish you'd kept flashpoints for dominions too while also dialing down the effects of this RNG on PvP threads. Especially the lose an invasion = lose 3 hexes.

Ever Dawnracer

E
[member="Gib"]
Thats_just_your_opinion.jpg

I don't care for how drastically a nice roll can affect a story. If we wanted to play tabletop we'd go play it. I do think you can do some other interesting stuff with the idea that isn't so detrimental if you put more thought into it. You roll that lose three hexes thing on a small faction and you're going to crush that faction to smithereens. How is that condusive to good RP?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom