Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Into the Jungle | CIS Dominon of M'haeli

Objective: BYOO {Defeat the H'drachi Warriors}
Tags: [member="Cardinal Vi'dreya"], [member="Anansi M'bali"]

O0PRC6f.png

Breaking off to the right as the H'drachi moved to encircle and trap them, Uthixo raised his twin shortswords and charged forward to meet his foes head on. One with a spear stabbed forward the silver tipped weapon poised to impale the young Sandali through the chest. Uthixo was already moving, his body weaving to the right, the twin blades coming up and smacking into the shaft of the spear shunting it off to the left.

Pushing forward past the spear-holding warrior in a bullrush, Uthixo was met with a thick club aimed to crack his skull wide open. Once more the warrior's body shifted, though this time to the left as the overhead blow whistled so close to his ear that had he not the Sandali was sure he would've been dead. The blow, however, managed to glance off his shoulder with a mighty thwap. A numbing force reverberated down the sable-skinned man's arm nearly forcing his hand open and to drop the blade. It was sheer willpower that kept Uthixo from dropping the blade in his right hand.

Still, the Sandali did not let his charge be halted the final of those he'd been tasked with fighting waited with a single short sword. A mix of shock and awe crossed the H'drachi's face before he moved forward to fight the Sandali, blade raised high. In the next moment, that same warrior found Uthixo's twin blades plunged deep into his torso the Sandali using the momentum to push them backward. Kicking off the ground and using his greater weight, Uthixo rolled over the falling limp body of his adversary where he came up on the other side both his blades slick with blood. A growl hovering on the verge of bestial escaped from between the Obsidian Knights lips as he pounced.

cavern.png

When the door opened, Alkor looked up at an older gentleman flanked by two, massive brutes. "Good evening," the man greeted, gesturing to his two attendants to take a measured step backward. "You don't know me, but I've heard a great deal about you, m'boy. I am Cicero," he explained, "and I've come here to discuss business with you."

"I'm five," Alkor replied curtly. "I don't have any credits or food. If you try to hurt me, I'll yell very loudly."

"A smart lad," Cicero chuckled. "No need to worry, I've not come to harm you. On the contrary, you're have great potential that I'd like to see bear fruit. I simply wish to transplant you into my greenhouse, so to speak, so that your fruit yields profits for my family and I."

Alkor frowned. "I don't understand." The child did not, in truth; but he wasn't meant to. If his mother were present, the conversation might have gone differently. "But I will listen."

"There are people who live in your neighborhood," Cicero began, "who pay me good money to make sure their property stays on the shelves. They pay me to keep the market running smoothly, and to make sure little children keep their hands off their goods."

He vaguely understood that part. "If I don't steal, I don't eat," Alkor responded flatly.

"Ah," the older man smiled broadly, "but I'd like to change that, son. See, I'm a lot like you. When I was young, I had to learn to take care of myself, too. I got a bit of understanding about how the world works, maybe a bit too early."

"How do you plan on helping me?" Alkor folded his arms, cutting to the chase. Like the child he was, struggling to pretend to handle himself like an adult, he looked between both of Cicero's eyes in an effort to glean comprehension. "I've got to make sure Mom eats too," he added quickly. "If you can't help both of us, I'm not interested."

"Ah, your mother," Cicero nodded with understanding. "Yes, I will see she is taken care of. As for you, your skills at cutting purses have troubled my enforcers and I for months. It took a great deal of doing to hunt you down through public records, since your family never filed with the census bureau. You're quick, and you know how to disappear. I just want to take you on, teach you how to do it better," Cicero sounded almost excited as he spoke, his eyes sinking backward as he giggled a bit too excessively. "I want to make you my masterpiece, Alkor Centaris. Just say yes, and you'll never have to want for anything again.

...​

"Mom," Alkor moved to shake her by the arm. She continued to snore, and he smelled the spice on her breath. "Mom, a man just offered me a job," he told her. "Money. Food. We can start paying for things we need."

He waited for several long seconds before he accepted that she was not going to answer. Alkor heaved a sigh, then slank backward against the wall. "I'm going to work hard," he said more to himself than to his mother, "and one day, I'll find a way to make it so that you don't have to stay quiet all the time."

Objective: Swim and have fun

Attire: Once again her beach outfit

Interacting With:
No One

The soothing crash of water and the calming feel of the area had slowly brought more people to the falls, one face was familiar, such belonging to Madilena( [member="Scherezade deWinter"]), in her mind kind of odd due to the usual people she surrounded herself in. Chikako half expected the women to be in the caverns with close friends of at the resort, seemed even high ranking Obsidian Knights gave time for simple pleasures of life.

The other newcomer to the relaxing fall was a Chiss, her blue skin and slick red eyes being easy to spot among the green and brown jungle. Their name eluded the princess, but if stereotypes were to be held up Chikako assumed the women was either a spy in the dauntless commandos, or a navel officer. From the way she move the young Echani leaned towards the latter, her body language and motions telling her all she needed to know. For now she left it at that, the blue skinned women seemed a tad annoyed for some reason, not need to provoke her.

Karlie Lynn Destat

Conspiracy Theorist and Investigator (IBI)
Musicalbar.png

Objective: Continued research on midi colony concentrations
Ship: Castan LCX-L3
Attire: Casual
Interactions: Open

The Z'mbali Lodge. Not many resorts off Castagne impressed her, but this one definitely lofted her brow several times. First the sheer size and quality of construction as her ship approached it, then the well design and thought that had gone into the main lobby and reception area. It were as simple as one, two three..she got registered and had her bags in her suite in no time. Curtious staff..etc...

Karlie were here for several reasons. one of them having to do with her personal research that had started when she had visited a newly CIS indoctrinated system of Krant during their Festival of the Lost. One would say M'haeli were under the same circumstances. And that was putting it literally.

Karlie had understood that deep in the caverns under certain waterfalls that there were soothsayers that were said to foretell the future, past and connect with hose perished of mortal life.
This peeked her interest immediately as she had experienced such a phenomenon on Krat by the waters of the lake.
Upon drawing a sample of the waters on Krat, she discovered an unnatural concentration of free midis in the water. It then lead Karlie to assume that it were the midi's that had caused her to hallucinate her mother's spirit. Further research with the samples drawn from Krat were difficult to prove whether those spirits were totally fathomed or there was an actual connection made with those who passed.
Well, that was why she were here for the most part. The caverns may hold more clues or a key to these midi mysteries that seem to randomly pop up in one system or another. Perhaps these caverns down here on M'haeli may also harbor similar concentrations of free midi in it's waters...

But first... unpack and then get a nice drink down by one of the many bars that she eyed out when checking in.

15 minutes later...

"What'll it be, Miss-" The bartender came over to her after she sat down on one of the tall stools.

"Hehe..cute. Just Miss for now....and what do you have that's not too sweet, yet fruity with a touch of citris maybe?...Not too sweet, now...." She made sure to point that out. "....fresh fruit, right?"

"Oh plenty...fresh fruits right at out backyard. But let me see what I can concoct for you and then you tell me.."

"Ok...my taste bud's in your hands...not too sweet now."

"Hahaha...got it, not too sweet a fruity tootie...coming right up." the bartender laughed and went on to create a special for the blonde.

Karlie eyed him a moment, making sure he weren't going to sugar it up. But the fresh fruits he were going for seemed docile and looked about right, so she then turned her attention back over the lobby area and people in general. It were difficult to make anyone out that she may know or had come to pass, as everyone seemed to be in some kind of vacation mode.

Thump... the decorative glass with a nice yellow tiki paper umbrella topping it was certainly inviting.
"Here you go...let me know if it zings ya"

"Zing me?..hehe... how much spirit did you put in it?"

"Oh...just enough, I'd say... go on, give it a taste." he urged her.

"Hmm... hope I'm not getting myself into another mess..." Karlie replied, drawing the glass closer to herself.
edging the little decorative umbrella over with her pinky, she went ahead and drew a taste through the reed straw.
her eyes broadened, saying what her taste buds cried out.
"Oh my God...it's delicious!...
Hmmm..." She drew another taste and a longer one this round.

"Ok...you got my name. It's Destat...Karlie." She reached over giving her hand to the bartender.

His name was Jacqs...like in jacks.
"Jacks it is then... I'm horrid with the 'q's." She chuckled, before taking another sip of her drink.

resort.png

Objective: Get some much needed RnR
Wearing: This with White undershirt, black pants, and black leather calf-length boots. His newly forged twin lightsabers are stashed in sleeves sown into the vest back, over the shoulder blades.
Tags: [member="Pom Stych Tivé"] | [member="Lennidus"]

Voph wordlessly held up his hand to indicate a seat for Lennidus, same as he had done with Pom moments before. "I feel you misunderstand. I have already consumed more pain suppressors than what the medical staff might deem fit." He chuckled quietly. "Some things you just have to suffer through. Walk it off." His attention turned to the newcomer. "Welcome. I do not believe we have had the pleasure either." Voph inclined his head in greeting. "I am Fleet Marshal Voph, leader of the Octarchy Covenant."

He smiled at the both of them, but...there was something...off about it. Not that it was not genuine...No, if anything the fact that it WAS genuine seemed...strange. As though the man was not given to such expressions. In fact, his entire presence seemed...unnatural. He was present, in body and spirit, but to someone well versed in sorcery like Pom... Voph had no doubt she could detect it. The darkness about him. The ritual that had been cast. And the heavy price that even he was not fully aware yet. He was not a being meant to be here. And, despite his youthful appearance, white hair aside, he seemed...old. Some might say, there was an...eldritch quality about him.

"Of late, I have been busy in the realm of the First Order, or at least where the First Order used to reside. The entire region is brewing with conflict. A lot of innocents are going to be caught in the crossfire before it's all said and done."

Blueberry flavored Sith
[SIZE=11pt]Objective: [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]Reflection and relaxation[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Location: [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]skirting Jungle edges to the water’s edge.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]Tags: [member="Chikako Liona"][/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Keva was as stereotypical as she was quite the opposite: Keva was a well sharper blade, filled with years of intensive studying into the art of war. And that made her far more serious looking than she intended: the arcing scars that ran across her face didn’t help much. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]But she was no spy or admiral (though she had her minimal training in the art of naval warfare for if the need was to ever prove itself apparent), she was merely a shy woman who lacked the language skill of the rest of the Confederacy. And as such she left herself to enjoy nature, she could hear the pools of water from the falls from the distance away. Interaction felt, slightly scary this time around.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Amusing, considering she had readily marched against the forces of the New Republic on Kuat, or leveled the fortifications of the Jen’ari without a single thought against it. But talking to people? Far too scary for the shy woman. Generally she remained to simply skirt the edges around the pools.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]That.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]And she didn’t exactly have appropriate attire to hide in the water.[/SIZE]

Relationship Status: It's Complicated
cavern.png
WEARING: xxx | POST: 5​
w. [member="Alwine Lechner"] | [member="Alvida Osulf"]​

Gerwald could see it on her face, the exact feeling he had felt when he discovered other Lupines existed. She called them skin changers. How much time had passed for this group that they no longer knew what to call themselves.

"Lupines," Gerwald said, "Our kind, we are called Lupines."

He smiled though, because skin changers sounded much more accurate to how the process actually worked. There were a lot of questions that would come later, and the Alvida had focused on was the only one of importance. However, her statement caught him off guard. There were more where she came from. This was the first time Gerwald had found another Lupine who still had a full pack. That was the assumption he was making. The look on his face betrayed his focus.

"More... there are more where you come from? We've only managed a handful here. Among our search. How many strong are you?"

Gerwald sat himself in the grass. There was no reason for any of them to stand.

cavern.png
Tags: [member="Gerwald Lechner"] [member="Alvida Osulf"]​

Alwine listened carefully, trying to locate the accent of the other Lupine. She was certain she had never heard it before, yet something about it beckoned to her. She and Gerwald had their own accents, which was, she supposed, different than the ones the Van-Dervelds had. Certainly different than the ones that Redd and Skal had. It appeared that on this specific point, the Lupines were not much different than the humans – a different accent for every different place.

Alvida Osulf.

Alwine committed the name to memory, smiling to the third Lupine. The identical two first letters had not gone unnoticed by her. Was that perhaps a sign? But if so, of what. No. It was probably just a coincidence.

The notion of the we had not gone unnoticed either. Alwine's eyes brightened up at the sound of that. There were others. Others! A full pack? More? Redd had told her they had an entire village, one that was later wiped out by greedy slavers. Was Alvida's pack or village luckier? And yes, she also noticed the different term – skin changers. In truth, it sounded better than calling it Lupines, but it spoke to Alwine of something far more important.

"We may have different names, but we are of the same," Alwine added to her brother's words. There was no one true word, even if the Van-Dervelds and their ilk claimed there was. If the Lupines and the Skin-Changers had the same source, which they had to have or she and Gerwald would not have scented Alvida in the same way, it meant that the separation had occurred long ago.

Yet as Gerwald said among our search, Alwine cast him a quick glare. Right, "our search". She remembered the looks he had given her on Kamino, when she had actually gone through the effort of searching. She knew that his stupid female insisted on claiming there were no other ones. Did not look for them. Worse, had never made a move to meet with the new ones that had been found. And that auflaque sought to crown herself a Queen of Lupines and why? Because her father, who was not even a King, said she was next in line. In line to nothing. And Gerwald? As far as Alwine knew, he had not lifted a finger before Scherezade found the other two, and still he insisted on remaining blind.

Gerwald sat down and Alwine motioned for Alvida to do the same as she did so too. If Alvida would remain standing, Alwine would release her hand, yet she sat close, not wishing to open a distant gap between them if she could help it.

"Gerwald and I are from a planet called Stewjon," she said gently, casting another look at her brother. It would do no good if he kept throwing questions in interrogation-form. They were not here to take the knowledge of other Lupines – they were there to share it. "It was a bad planet for one of our kind. We had to keep who and what we were a secret, or they would have killed us. Our mother, who was like us, told us we were the last of our kind."

cavern.png

Location: A Clearing in the Jungle | Wearing: xxx | Braids: xxx | Objective: Sate Curiosity | Tags: [member=Gerwald Lechner] | [member=Alwine Lechner]
HWiLlPs.png

Blood of my blood, kin of my people. A home away from home.

'Lupines?' The word sounded strange on her tongue, so strange Alvida found herself laughing softly at the way her accent lilted. Back home, carved deeply into rough wooden walls, there was a depiction of the skin-changers. The writing underneath did refer to them as Lupines but Alvida had never said the word aloud before. 'We have not been known by this name for many moons.' Returning the smile that both Lupines offered she couldn't help but think that 'skin-changer' fit a little better than Lupines. Alwine had said something that caught her attention. 'Yes, once upon a time we were all part of the same pack.' That simple sentence alone made Alvida feel slightly more comfortable with the situation she currently found herself in. Comfortable enough to lower her frame down onto the soft ground beneath her.

Shuffling gently, so the leaves around her made a ruckus in the quiet forest, she closed the gap between herself Alwine so their arms stretched a little less. After a brief pause in the conversation which Alvida used to figure out how she would reply, she answered each of their questions in turn. 'Yes, there are more. Three packs. Midnight Skin, Sun Circle and Crystal Eye.' Alvida winced. The names sounded so much better in her own language. A burning rage seemed to instantly spark itself off in the pit of Alvida's stomach. This planet Alwine was talking about. This Stewjon... 'I have never heard of Stewjon before.' The anger in her tone was plain for all to see. Just the idea of a skin-changer being treated badly set her teeth on edge. 'I am sorry for how the blood of my blood has been treated.'

The revelation that these Lupines had come from a planet who did not revere them as saviours was a pain Alvida never thought she would experience. It made her hesitant to talk of her own home, but she could see the curiosity in their eyes just as plainly as she could feel it in her soul. 'I come from a forest world called Skógur Heim. Skin-changers arrived there almost two hundred years ago. They were in the midst of a terrible war and we made peace for them. We've lived there as their leaders ever since.'

resort.png

Objective: Negotiable

Tags: [member="Voph"] [member="Lennidus"]

Pom watched the new arrival as she was welcome to sit. [member="Voph"] continued with his conversation to which Pom politely nodded at his reply about having his fill of pain relievers. "Ah, medical staff. I stand corrected, and apologize. Perhaps the most basic of mental numbing agents then!" Pom waved a hand towards the barkeep. She would let it be.

The new community she joined in hopes to establish new kinships oozed of a hodgepodge of deeply perplexing vibes, evident from the two at the table.

”I am Pom,” she introduced herself after Voph lead introductions between the three.

Darkness is not in the business of saving the needs the masses. She has always known it to be ample for self-serving goals. Voph mentioned his campaign and she thought how the possibility exists that maybe the people this vast government reach claims to free, are really just slaves under a master of a different guise. She began to realize, that she feels especially comfortable here in particular, because she resides nestled within the comfort of many faces of Darkness, and she felt so in tuned.

Spirits appeared cast about the room. They quietly stood and stared. Secrets remained hidden upon the lips of the damned, and yet they screamed for vengeance. Pom typically ignored such pleas from beyond the grave; such troubled spirits as those swarming around this room, seek a consolation she is unwilling and ill-equipped to provide, and thus they make terrible minions to serve the sorceress.

From within the caverns they are calling for her presence, like a judgement…

"Barkeep!!"

Objective: Swim and have fun
Attire: Once again her beach outfit
Interacting With: [member="Keva"]

Chikako continued to stare in the direction of the Chiss women for a bit longer, despite their initial thoughts about not approaching the possibly strict women she was slowly getting interested in her. Though seeing Chiss away from their home world was not unusual, this far away, in the employment of a nation not her own, it raised some interesting questions. Her only real standing hypothesis was that the women had joined the CIS after the invasion of the JE, liberating the systems under their control, an act that happened long before the Sith Empire imposed their new puppet ruler.

Still, standing around would get her nowhere, the young princess slipping her legs from the water, slowly walking towards the blue skinned lady, giving a small wave, followed by a polite bow when a few feet away, a innocent smile across her face. "I hope my presence is not a bother, you thou allow me to sit by side and converse"? Maybe a tad to formal, but a good first impression was a must, and if the women preferred more.. colloquial language, well her days as a smuggler aid had given Chikako more then enough lesson on how to be more down to earth.

Karlie Lynn Destat

Musicalbar.png

Interactions: Open

"So tell me Jacks, anything unusual about the water around here?"

'The Falls...it's all naturally aspired spring water. It's what the lodge uses... tested regularly too if that is your concern.'

"Oh...." Karlie looked about, then over to one of the distant duraglass walls where one of the falls were in plain sight of the tables in the open cafe.
"...right. Would make sense."
Another quick glance at the tables scattered about the open bar and lounge showed pitchers of iced water. Seemed everyone were just going about enjoying themselves, minding their own business and doing what vacationers usually do...lounge out, little care in the world.

'The pools, both indoors here and out by some of the falls are quite invigorating. The South side...can't see it from the lodge.' Jacks pointed beyond the current falls she were eyeing. '....but just a trail hike away is naturally carbonated, the falls....hehe...have to see and exsperience the fizz for yourself to believe it. Drinkable too. Just maybe not from the pool...hahaha..' he laughed, inspiring a chuckle from Karlie also.
"Yea...I'm sure." She replied.

'Let me know when you need a refill.... it's not something on the list. Special..just for you, Karlie.' And with that, he gave her a wink and went on to serve other patrons.

Karlie sat there taking another good sip of her cocktail. Damn it were good...not too sweet and not too strong either. She had a problem with both sugar and alcohol in concentrations. But this fruity mix was perfect, easing the sharp edges of finding oneself on an unfamiliar system, despite it having all the appearance of a resort.

Well, at the moment she were in no hurry to get herself down to the fabled caverns and waterfalls. There didn't seem to be any reports of guests hallucinating here at the lodge, nor in the pools of the waterfalls nearby. Perhaps it were in the cavern rocks under the falls...deep perhaps. Water from the falls and spring aquifers where it sprung from perhaps were not the source. perhaps it were when some of that water which seeped back into the rocks found it's way into the caverns or some of the caverns, passing through some unknown mineral ore or something to excite the midi's to reproduce in numbers...maybe. it were all just a theory in Karlie's mind. There was no real proof something like what was occurring naturally on Krat was also taking place here on M'haeli. well, somewhere deep in one of the caverns at least.
But one would think it would cause some hysteria or the like with people hording the caverns. Still, it weren't the case on Krat either.
'Hmm...must be my disconnection with them (midi's) that's drawing me to these mysteries..' She thought to herself.

Nursing her drink, she slid off the stool and started on over to the cafe where she could get a better closer look at one of the falls. Maybe she would run into someone she knew. After all, most of the CIS VIPs and such were guests here too.

Decious

High Marshal of the Mara Armada
cavern.png

Clothing: Cape
Objective: Survival

The General extended his four arms, igniting his four blades as he started striding aggressively towards Havoc. “Raaaahhh! I have toppled entire regimes, I have brought the strongest Jedi to heel and I wield immense power. I will not be stopped by some mere droid!” Grievous said, lunging at Havoc, who raised his blades defensively. Once again, the sounds of lightsaber clashes echoed through the damp cave. Sparks flew left and right as the two skillfully and rather acrobatically unleashed a flurry of attacks on each other. Minus the lethal intent of each of the two, the spectacle might of been described as artistic or even dance like. The cybernetics of both allowed for much more fluid movement form each. Both wielded four blades and each blade had a counterpart that it was focused on deflecting.

After a couple minutes of stagnant blade clashing, Grievous lunged into the air in a back flip, using his claw-like foot to push off against Havoc’s chest. The force pushed Havoc to the ground with a grunt. He hit the ground with a loud CLANK, resulting in him dropping all his lightsabers. Hoping to seize on the moment, Grievous roared as he once again tried to lunge at Havoc. However, Havoc had sat up, retracting his arms so they formed 2 limbs instead of 4, extended his arms and unleashed a powerful blast of plasma beams from his fingertips the same way a sith would blast force lightning. The beams hit Grievous’ chest plates, throwing his several feet back until he slammed into the wall of the cave. Havoc reached to his left, picking up one of his lightsabers, igniting it’s crimson blade before throwing it at Grievous. The blade expertly lodged itself into Grievous’ upper left arm, pinning it to the wall of the cave for a moment before the arm vanished into a cloud. Havoc Threw himself at Grievous, grabbing his neck, pinning him to the wall. “Wait...I recognize you. You are the warrior in those statues on Vassek..

You command my battle droids, you wield my lightsabers, you have been in my home. Who are you?” Havoc’s face coiled into a slight grin as he tightened his grip on Grievous’ neck, straining the alloy holding his head on his body. “I am everything you are... and more!” With that, Havoc dropped Grievous who collapsed to the floor. Havoc brushed the ruble off himself as he collected the lightsabers he dropped in the altercation. “Now, if you’re ready end this impossible battle, I have some questions. First being; aren’t you supposed to be dead?

Lennidus

One puddle of blood to you is a snack for another
resort.png
Wearing: The usual
Nearby: [member="Voph"] | [member="Pom Stych Tivé"]

After politely allowing the others to speak their names, Lennidus spoke hers. "Lennidus Effriem, though I'm afraid I have no auxiliary titles to add onto that." At least, not that she could mention to these two. "It's a pleasure to meet you both."

While Pom may have been able to see deeper into Voph, Lennidus could only glean the more visible signs, having no personal connection to sorcery or the force herself. But she could smell him; he had blood. Anything beyond that was simply conjecture. At the mention of the First Order, she paid careful attention. If she were to act as judge, then any involvement with such a faction would surely make up her mind on its own. Fortunately for this man, that didn't seem to be the case.

"And what do you think of the First Order's part in this conflict?"

resort.png

Objective: Get some much needed RnR
Wearing: This with White undershirt, black pants, and black leather calf-length boots. His newly forged twin lightsabers are stashed in sleeves sown into the vest back, over the shoulder blades.
Tags: [member="Pom Stych Tivé"] | [member="Lennidus"]

Voph glanced at Lennidus as she asked about the First Order. He arched a brow. "I would presume you are a newcomer to galactic politics, then." Voph reached up to scratch his chin as he continued to talk. "The First Order is in ruins. The deathblow was dealt over Dosuun during the raid. With the Grand Moff dead, any hope the First Order had of continued stability is gone. It's not a question of if they die. It's a question of when." Voph leaned back in his chair, folding his arms over his chest. His head turned to look around the room for a moment, before focusing back on Lennidus.

"Fact of the matter is, the First Order abandoned much of their territory, now hiding out around Bakura. And when a government like that collapses overnight, nothing good ever comes of it. Planets are given to relying on the support of the controlling faction. Not like the Confederacy. Because that's all the First Order ever cared about: Control. And now that control has been broken, many planets are left reeling, scrambling to defend themselves from the encroaching forces that would seek to exploit them."

Voph paused for a moment to let the two digest this. "The Octarchy deployed, Independent of the Confederacy, to help bring peace and stability to the region. A lot of innocent lives will be lost otherwise. Planets will need to be rebuilt. Navies reformed. And that's just the humanitarian aspect. Maker only knows what pirates or warlords might rise to power. That, admittedly, is the primary reason of my ventures to that territory. To make sure whatever threat that may occur is crushed before it has a chance to threaten the rest of the galaxy."

resort.png

Objective: Negotiable

Tags: [member="Voph"] [member="Lennidus"]

Now this she can get behind, gaining control before anyone else can! Pom approves of snuffing out rogue warlords. They should not be permitted to rule anyplace outside of properly obtained governance. There are too many minds in the mix as it is, too many different sets of ideals, while there ought be only clearcut light and dark alignments. She disproves of any middle of the road beliefs, as they are truly of one preference or another, only lying to themselves and their fool-hearty constituents.

She liked this guy already; at least, she found value in his discussions. She is not privy to alot of aspects of the ways of life formed off her homeworld of Dathomir. Conversations such as these could prove to help support her ideals, instead of question them.

Pom nodded after he was through. She believes she understood what he was sharing. She wonders what campaigns the Knight Obsidian get involved with. It all seemed so exciting to be introduced to a new life such as being involved with the vast galaxy could provide.

The drink wench brought a round of ale to the table.

Karlie Lynn Destat

Musicalbar.png

Interactions: Open...hello, anyone. I do bite everyone quite gently, so you know...

"No, no thank you....I'm good." Karlie replied setting her near empty drink on the buss boy's tray.
One fruity tootie or whatever that delicious drink was , was enough. karlie knew her limit and it' had quite a narrow band. Alchohol effected her tenfold.
While some would tease her of being a weakling and not able to hold her drinks, on the contary, those individuals were all preety much lush. So what if it only took a fraction of the spirits to lift her own up? It were more efficient and think of all the calories saved?

Karlie had been peering out the South Wall of the lodge. It were a wall to wall floor to ceiling duraglass wall facing one of the main waterfalls and below it the swimming hole..or pool, as everyone seemed to be using it as such.
A good lot were certainly enjoying their stay. There were nothing out of the ordinary below in the pools taking place, just pure fun it seemed.
Retiring her drink on the passing server tray, she figured to head outside and on to the greater deck overlooking the natural falls and flora.

The fall's mist when the breeze blew it just right was cool and refreshing without totally getting one drenched. And it fit the paradise, providing natural cooling which would have otherwise been a sweltering tropical afternoon.
The mist condensed enough on her lips to taste it...sweet. sweet like the lake waters on Krat? Hmmm.... maybe.

Karlie had her sample vials on her in her fanny pack which was slung around her waist. It weren't too small or overly large, but just enough to hold several test-tube size vials that she had brought to take water samples of.
Checking the contents in her pack she looked about, spotting one of the many stairs of the deck that lead down to the pools.

Objective: BYOO - Defeat Mhaeli native warriors
Nearby: @Uthixo Nazim @Cardinal Vi'dreya

river_page_break2.png

Dawning a traditional stance Anansi moved forward matching the pace of the warriors. Trident pointed down at the three warriors the Sandali slowed his pace circling the warriors in an attempt to control the battle to his own style of combat. Where the Mhaeli lacked in strength and size, the Mhaeli made up for in speed. Baiting a thrust Anansi arched his trident into wide swings using grater ranger to his advantage. With a dash the first dash engaged with a charge. A thud sounded off aloud as breath escaped the Mhaeli screamer as his back hit the floor after a firmly planted kick to the sternum. Immediately following up Anansi heaved his weapon ending the warriors life here and there. Left exposed, the large Sandali evaded backwards into a roll. Kneeled in the sand white colored eyes blinked hard focusing on the weapon briefly before the other two warriors charged in taking advantage of the major disadvantage Anansi was in now.

Smirking to himself and leaning his weight to his left side, a metal edge could be felt against his cheek but only lightly. Red liquid lightly oozed out and the sting of air contacting the inner workings of his body produced a slight sting. Large hands gripped the blade infront of him at its base. Taking control of the warriors weapon with great strength and unorthodox preparation. There was a clash then a clang of metal as another weapon made contact and parried down and away from the two. Another attack taken care of.

The struggle and strain of the warrior was little more than a nuance to the Sandali. Like a child the warrior threw swings of punches but to no avail as Anansi used his long reach and the warriors own sword to tie the mhaeli up in his own movements. The duration of the battle the large Sandali had yet to use his innate spiritual gifts. In truth he hesitated with his new company, despite them being of his own kind Anansi had adopted many things from the Aing-Tii including their avoidance nature in regard to the force. Slamming the grappled man to the ground causing dirt and sand to stir the Mhaeli warriors stood still when in the face of.. Nothing.

In an instant someone as large as Anansi was gone.

" Come." A deep voice shouted. It was Anansi. Now behind the warriors back by his Trident.

cavern.png

The sands crackled and popped as the flames licked them just right, and the haze that enshrouded Alkor shifted. His mind moved through memory, his soul transcended space and time. The H'drachi wept over secrets they alone shared with the Corellian exile, never to be shared or known. Within the deep violent plume of smoke, his body shivered. It was a cold, sharp pain- the very first, the one he had almost forgotten.

...​

Splashing water made his footsteps ever louder as he desperately avoided the sirens. Ice floes in his veins seized up as his breath caught in his throat. Why was the doorknob shaking so violently? Why was the world so loud? Why did nothing make sense?

Or did everything make sense, and was he just denying it?

Alkor shook the entire door with his body weight, his eyes fixed on the spectacle of crimson dripping from his arms. "Open," he cursed, "open, damn you!" For the first time, he felt his fear, and he hated it. There had never been a question of life of death when he stole goods or credits. Punishment was fleeting, pain was temporary. Being allowed to eat prolonged his suffering, but it also extended his life. This new skill Cicero had taught him, he had been born for it. He had been bred and rigorously molded, and now, when he stole, the consequences were far more dire.

The door gave under the pressure he put against it, and he tumbled to the floor as a pool of red amassed around him. "At least close the door," the familiar voice chided. "Alkor, I taught you better. That was sloppy." Cicero. Cicero Ticon, the Head of a Burgeoning Crime Syndicate. The man who gave him the power to stay alive. The man who made him a murderer.

It had been twelve years since they met, in this room. He remembered not being afraid of Cicero, and that remained the truth. Alkor cared only that he could eat, and that he survived. He only cared about those things because his Mother said they were important. He had no reason to doubt her.

"I told you, I have to protect my investments," he said quietly as he stepped over the cold, bloody, shivering form of his Master Assassin. "And until today, you were one of my greatest investments. Today, you have tried my patience one too many times, Alkor Centaris. You've created a threat to my business, and to my family."

"She was..." Alkor panted. The eyes still haunted him. Her fair features, the way she spoke, even the passion with which she denounced his actions, he knew for that single instant that he was wrong. The Senator-to-be was the best thing for Corellia, for the children who grew up under the same circumstances he had. When he failed to take her life, and when he silently trusted her with the future of the world, Alkor knew that this was inevitable.

The question he came to answer, was the one thing he had tried his entire life to forget.

"She's all you have," Cicero said quietly. "I remember. I took you in, like you were my own child. Alkor, I raised you. I gave you a life. I gave you a purpose. This- this is how you chose to repay that debt? By letting this upstart girl threaten the Family?"

He clicked his tongue. "Don't worry," he waved a dismissive hand. "I have plenty of friends. Plenty of contacts. It's a small setback. Everyone makes mistakes." He leaned down and patted Alkor on the shoulder. "But, this was the last mistake you'll ever make that puts my family in danger. You know what my Brothers and I have always said?"

Alkor froze. His arms would not move. He heard everything, he could see the gangsters pouring into his mother's home. He saw the lights outside, and he saw Cicero hand a credit chip to one of the Corellian Security officers before he whispered, one last thing.

"Don't let someone else pay for your funeral."

In a hellfire born of blasters, he heard his own scream rise to match the one that came from his mother. He told himself she survived to see him exiled. For all those years, he believed with his choices he had given her a chance to live. He shut out the truth, but now...

Alkor opened his eyes, and he turned to look toward the sad smile of Belle Centaris, devoid of the drug abuse and lethargy that plagued her in life. He saw her, and he felt the sensation that he still could not understand. "...Mom." he whispered at last.

"It wasn't your fault."

I am a son of the Mountain.
Objective: BYOO {Defeat the H’drachi Warriors}
Tags: [member="Anansi M'bali"] [member="Uthixo Nazim"]
test5.png

The H'drachi were skilled warriors. Each one of them had been bred to defend their homelands against some of the finest warriors the galaxy could offer, and still they fell to the Sandali. The two men who stood before Cardinal seemed unsure, but it was not in their eyes. Their faces were stone, hardened against the warrior who stood against them. It was The Force that allowed their emotions and thoughts spill into Cardinal, giving him a true sense of their beliefs. They charged. This time their unison was flawless, one falling on him from the left high in the air and the other moved low to the ground from the right. The warriors brought their blades towards Cardinal in a unified charge.

The Sandali warrior leaped back, he needed more room. They gave chase, refusing to allow him to cede too much ground. When they continued forward in a charge, Cardinal raised his club, slamming it down into the warrior's charging blades. In the midst of their chase, their weapons connected with the wooden weapon, slapping the two weapons out of the way and entangling the H'drachi warriors. Now it was Cardinal's turn.

He charged forward, his free hand reaching out for the screamer. His hand was large and wrapped around the man's throat, pushing him back. His shoulder slammed into the other warrior, pushing him out of his way while he rushed the man he held. His grip was tight and had no sign of release. The screamer had dropped his weapon and the breath slid from his lips. Cardinal eyed the man, almost curiously, for a moment. Is this all you have for us? His eyes met the screamer's in a silent challenge. He did not get an answer, instead when his charge finally ended, he slammed the man into the ground. A loud pop errupted out as the man's back gave in under the larger warrior's pressure. The scream that came next echoed through Cardinal's ears. He turned sharply, just in time for his hands to go slick with blood.

The crimson liquid splashed against his face as both of his hands tightened around the base of the spearhead. Had he been a moment sooner or later, he would have his hands sliced open or his chest would have been impaled. He'd gotten lucky and he'd given himself over to The Force. The screamer struggled to wiggle his spear clear of the Sandali. The man grunted, but the weapon would not give. Cardinal shifted, snatching the haft of the spear and pulling the man close to him. His fist came forward at a blinding speed, the blood leaking from his hands as it slammed into the man's head. His body went limp, sliding down to the ground as he was left unconcious. Cardinal's hands shook, but he could not feel them. The adrenaline and The Force tempered the pain and left him numb to the damage that was done. When his sunburnt eyes looked up, he could see this fight was almost over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom