Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Into the Jungle | CIS Dominon of M'haeli

Relationship Status: It's Complicated
cavern.png
WEARING: xxx | POST:
w. [member="Alwine Lechner"] | [member="Alvida Osulf"]​

Certain things did not make sense based on what Gerwald had read. The arguments he knew were had among their people were designed to ensure the survival of their species. Alwine always had to be so sure, but she had not read what he had. Were there other ways for there to be other Lupines, yes, but was there a best way? Those were the arguments that had seen the packs break off. Most of them chose to take human mates because of the fear of inbreeding. However Gerwald had a theory that the more families there, the less it mattered if there were those that paired off here or there.

Her only question was if there were more.

"There are three of us, Lechner. The Van-Dervelds are the largest we know of, and there are two other Lupin... skin changers that have lost their packs. I cannot give you a total number, but it is possible your world is the largest settlement that exists."

The sound of her world was music to Gerwald's ears. Forests and mountains, wild game to hunt, Gerwald knew that this place sounded like an ideal world for any of his kind. The wolf in him was excited to hear of this place, and he was going to visit it. Gerwald simply knew that he had to see this place, to run in the woods, and meet the other Lupines on this world.

He looked to Alwine.

"That sounds like an invitation to me. What do you think sister? Shall we leave with this one?"

cavern.png

Tags: [member="Gerwald Lechner"] [member="Alvida Osulf"]​

Alwine knew that look very well. The look of realizing there were more than just the Lupines that were standing in front of you, and knowing that they would not abandon you. That was the look she'd had on her face, she believed, when she learned of Redd's existence, and again later with Skal.

As Alvida continued to ask about gene pools, Alwine chuckled, remembering the day she'd asked Caid what genes were and what the word algorithm meant. In many ways, Alvida was as a stranger to this galaxy as Alwine had been, though it seemed Alvida's arrival in it was not met with the same sort of disaster that Alwine had. Did Alvida know how incredibly lucky she was in that regard?

"I had similar questions to you when I came to learn of the greater galaxy," Alwine said, "and there is much that needs to be learned, much that life within forests and jungles and waterfalls does not teach you. If you would have me, I would be happy to teach you what I have learned in the time since escaping Stewjon. Gene pools are part of what builds and creates our bodies. It's part of what decrees how we will look, and why brother and sister cannot make healthy offspring together. There are also midichlorians, which let us use the Force. Or magic, perhaps, if you do not have that word on your planet."

Smiling, Alwine squeezed Alvida's hand as she took it, and stopped waiting for Gerwald as she simply took his as well.

"It does sound like an invitation," she nodded, "when will the right time be?"

Karlie Lynn Destat

Conspiracy Theorist and Investigator (IBI)
Musicalbar.png

Objective: Continued research on midi colony concentrations
Ship: Castan LCX-L3
Attire: Casual
Interactions: Open... but apparently I'm so hot, peeps must be intimidated in approaching me. Sigh...

The echo of emptiness she could not make out, due to the cascading falls still behind her. And its roar reverberated from the mouth of the cave.
She had to move inside more and away from the cascading falls.

Looking back out through the veil of water, it were the only natural light available coming in where the cave itself, a cavern of sort, were as dark as pitch itself as far as her eyes could make out.

"Sigh..." She went to whip out her holo comm device from her back pocket...not an easy retrieval as her jeans were soaking wet.
"Ugh.....seriously?..." But managed to squeeze it out she did activating the led. It worked. Worked for like a good two..maybe three meters if she concentrated hard. But beyond that...darkness, like the darkness of a black hole.

"Brrr...." she shuddered, as the cavern was cold and getting colder the deeper she got.
Karlie was still soaking wet and the cave, like any cave, seemed to hold a much cooler temp than the ambient temp outside. This being one being located in the tropical hemisphere of M'haeli, it were a good few degrees cooler than the tempered air of the lodge itself. It were bitter cold as she were soaking wet still.
But her clothes were of a kind that could dry fast, if only she could wring out the excess water.
"Frak'n A..." she cussed as she put her tiny light from the comm down and removed her shirt, wringing out the excess water. She did the same with her hair, twisting it as much as she could to get it just damp.

Then...
Zip went her jeans and off too they went, however difficult it were getting out of them wet. But she managed nevertheless, and wrung them out a few times before cussing the underworld-gods when she tried putting them back on. Damp form fitting jeans weren't the easiest pants to get back into. "For Palpatine's sake.." She struggled with them awhile.
But finally she managed to get them zipped up again, along with getting her shirt back on and in proper buttoned order.
"Of course...sure, why not..." Yes, poor Karlie missed a button the first time round fumbling in the dark. Do over. "....sigh."

But it worked. Her clothes now designed to wick moisture away were doing just that, drying at their design rate. Still, it were colder than she liked. But little chance of hypothermia.
Besides, she figured on getting a move on a bit further inside and if it seemed it were leading her nowhere then she'd turn around. She could still make out the faint light of the falls behind her.

She pressed on deeper into the dark cavern with her tiny led light which did little to keep her from stumbling about underfoot. But she were determined to see if there was any end in sight..or come up to some kind of-

"Eeeeeek..." she screamed when she slipped and slid down what seemed like a sharp incline.

Taramaz Arcturus

T
3K7vee9.png
Tags: [member=Eternal Muse]

Wielding: Blood Reaper

YFmpeSd.png

[SIZE=13pt]Hope of the Lost[/SIZE]​

The cloaked figure took confident steps into the cave. His cloak resting around him, it's hood over his head, his sword clinking occasionally against the metal of his strike armour. He was without his faithful sabers, the Blood of the Massassi. No, they would've drawn too much attention to the already suspicious figure. In his mind he felt the presence of the force here, and he became faintly aware of a tribal chanting, and the sound of wood hitting hollow wood, like a tribal dance around the fire. More present was the faint strumming of the guitar, and the eerie sound of wind blowing through the cave, softly. As he progressed further into the cave, the noises became louder, and louder, and louder. It was not until he blocked his ears did he realise the sound was not really there, rather a mental connection, as if a trick of the cave itself.

The further in he went, the louder this sound became, going from an almost trance inducing sound, to a loud banging on the insides of his head. As he rounded the twisty bends of the caverns, he stopped, leaning on a wall, grabbing his head in his hands, squeezing it. The banging had turned into howling, and howling into screeching, then they started to twist and turn, forming one, a shrieking sound, giving the man no room to think, no room to try to figure it out, only room to suffer. He had leaned there for a minutes now, clawing at his head uselessly not even leaving any marks. It was then and there, as the sound progressed past what he had perceived to be the stopping point, to a shrieking, howling, deafening jumble of sounds, that he decided he had enough.

His hands went out infront of him, and clenching into fists, red energy forming around them, and a burst of dark side power, raw and untamed, launched out, then dissipated, purging the cave's influences from his mind, for the time being. He straightened himself, fixed his cloak, and kept walking onwards, deeper into the cavern.

hwyM5DA.png

After what had seemed like years, Taramaz reached the centre of the cavern, where the future-seers and shamans resided. Sitting around a large bonfire, it's smoke escaping up through several small openings in the roof. He stopped, and watched, lost in wonder. He eventually dragged his attention back to the matters at hand, and dragged himself, step after step, forward towards the bonfire. Then, he stopped right before a shaman, looking down at them. He kept his hood on, covering his face, shrouding it. His strike armour mask was retracted, but the hood served it's purpose.

Decious

High Marshal of the Mara Armada
cavern.png

Clothing: Cape
Objective: Survival

Grievous growled at his current predicament but knew the alternative was as swift saber slice to the neck. “You fool! In these caverns, time has no meaning. The past and the present are one. My physical being is dead but my essence is trapped in these caves along with many others.”

I’ve heard tale of Jedi and their ability to become one with the force. I would assume that this is a similar concept. However, instead of being a peaceful merging, your being was imprisoned here. I wonder why…

Raaaah! It doesn’t matter why.” The General said, standing to face Havoc. “What matters is why you are here. Why is the confederacy here? I saw your droids. MY droids.”

Havoc began pacing around the General as if he was prey and Havoc the hunter. “This planet is under the protection of the CIS. My mission is classified, even if you are dead. I will say that if all that’s down here is ghosts of a time long past, MY droids and I will be on our way.”

I had hoped that someone with your skill and resources may be able to free me from these caves? Allow me to return to my armies. Together we could rule the galaxy!”

I have neither the ability, nor the desire to save you from eternal damnation. You had your time...droid. And like all droids must, you will spend the rest of eternity rotting away.”

Grievous let out a particularly vicious growl, igniting his three remaining remaining lightsabers. Havoc practically rolled his eyes, igniting two of his own blades. The two lunged at each other and again began to hack away at each other with near expert accuracy and grace. After several minutes of intense saber clashing and a range of acrobatic tricks from both of them; Havoc threw on of his blades high into the air. When Grievous looked up, Havoc slid behind the General, though his legs. Grievous caught Havoc’s blade with his left foot-claw. “I wield more power than any droid, even you!”

Not quite.” Havoc said, seconds before swinging his blade low, slicing through the one leg that was keeping Grievous upright. Grievous howled as he fell backwards, hitting the ground with a sickening THUD. Havoc walked up to the bod of the General, slicing through Grievous’ other leg before Havoc placed his own metallic foot on the General’s chest plate. He applied enough pressure to make the chest plates start to crack. “If you will excuse me General, I have a mission to complete. And you are in my way.” Havoc’s face coiled into a smile as he placed the hilt of his blade against Grievous’ head then ignited the blade, sending it clean through the General’s skull. “Shame. I rather liked him.” Havoc collected his lightsabers and put his cape back on before continuing on his way to find an exit to the cave. As he walked away, the damaged body of General Grievous faded into a cloud of dust.

C O N C L U S I O N

M'Haeli's first day as a Confederate world would be one to be remembered.

All throughout the prized lands of the Hadrachi, the visitors to the far-flung world made their mark. Some tested their strength against the native Hadrachi, waging a bloody game of war between the mightiest warriors. Whilst others, even to this hour, tarried within the resort and made conversation one to another. New bonds and fresh smiles run rampant through the luxurious space - as does an opportunity to unwind all the more. Similarly, though benign in nature, the Falls and their caverns shared dualist tidings to the visiting Confederates. For those who dipped within the frigid depths or basked in the beauty of the surroundings, the day would be remembered as relaxing. Yet, for those two who plunged beneath the surface in search of treasures - a dark future would await them thenceforth.

And speaking of futures...those who took the Truth-Sayers at their offer had tomorrow fresh within their grasp. Some had been granted glimpses of their imminent stations - whilst others fragments of joys or sorrows yet to come. What one did with the thoroughly accurate gift of the future would ultimately depend on the individual. Would they slave themselves to fate? Or would they rebel against the future that eagerly awaited?

Nonetheless, all who departed from M'Haeli this day would remember. They would recall the hours spent upon the distant world. They would recall the native peoples who so eagerly welcomed them into their sacred lands. And thenceforth, M'Haeli itself would remember that its membership into the Confederacy began on an auspicious note.

OOC: Please feel free to continue your stories beyond this point!

cavern.png

Location: The Caverns Behind the Waterfall | Wearing: xxx | Braids: xxx | Objective: Return Home | Tags: @Gerwald Lecher | [member="Alwine Lechner"]
HWiLlPs.png

Rush into nothing, you are still new to this Galaxy.

Alvida could only nod in response to Gerwald's answer. The names did not ring any bells in her mind, but there would be others who remembered farther back than she could. Elders who's parents remembered tales from their grandparents. Tales of before the skin-changers arrival. 'I think there must be around forty of us. In my pack there are six. I cannot give you the number of the others just yet. I do not frequent them as often as I should.' The weight of the sibling's situation was slowly growing on Alvida. To have lived your entire life being afraid of releasing the wolf was a terrifying fate, even if it was in the past for them. It forced thoughts of guilt into her mind about the packs on her world and how little they seemed to interact with each other, but it also made her grateful that they had lived such a privileged life in comparison. The voices didn't seem to enjoy the conflicting emotions and steadily began to grow rowdy. Luckily the young female lupine spoke up and her soothing tone offered a modicum of peace to the raging arguments in her head.

The blonde lupine spoke on, and Alvida remarked to herself that she seemed to be very intelligent. A toothy smile broke over Alvida's expression at Alwine's offer. 'I would be most grateful. Perhaps we will be able to trade some information with each other. I do not know many things of the outside galaxy but I am a very good wolf.' Of course, she was only assuming that life on a planet that did not respect the power of a skin-changer meant that they had both had little practice with their wilder sides. Despite this assumption, Alvida would be over the moon if they told her otherwise. The wolf should never be ignored or suppressed and the potential that they may have been forced too made her shudder. When Alwine had finished Alvida spoke. 'I must return home first, to explain. I do not think any of the three settlements expected to find more of us, and I did not set out from my home in search of you.'

Her bright green eyes danced from each of the siblings in turn. 'But I am sure they will be glad that we have found each other. It is a blessing.' The voices peaked in a harmonious chorus of agreement, finally forgetting the ruckus they made only moments ago. Alvida returned the friendly squeeze of Alwines hand with a smile on her face. 'The three alphas of each pack will meet on the next full moon. I will return to Skógur Heim then, and you should both come with me. There we can explain the plight of you and the other skin-changers in the Galaxy. They may be will be willing to offer you some solutions. The building they meet has our history as skin-changers carved into the walls. You may also find something of use there.'

Objective: Converse in another language

Attire: Once again her beach outfit
Interacting With: [member="Keva"]

A small sigh of relief came over Chikako as the Chiss women responded in a favorable way, her expression seemed to change as well, that was always a good indication that her presence was not unwelcome, Chiss were not a people she was accustomed to talking with, even in galactic basic. "Csei carcir ch'ahsinto, tisut carcir lassibi" (that is nice, talking is fun), once again her sentence a little broken, but the meaning behind them still clear, her hand clasping into in a one time clap, a warm smile complimenting her words.

"Ch'ah tasn'ah csei s bav'hz umm..' before' von'ehn ch'at CIS", (I learn language before join CIS) seemed she was a little rusty. "Veo ch'ah vumihn, ch'pae ch'at csin'bi bah rercaci, Chiss hzebi en'rcsoah ch'ah" (back when travel, go to edge of galaxy, Chiss pilot teach me), the bygone days of her amnesia, living life as a ship hand for several captains and smugglers, one such who was a Chiss. After that she had just retained as much as possible and had kept learning the language, being bilingual had it's advantages, like now.

Karlie Lynn Destat

Conspiracy Theorist and Investigator (IBI)
Musicalbar.png

Objective: Continued research on midi colony concentrations
Ship: Castan LCX-L3
Attire: Casual
Interactions: Open... Well, you could have had me at my best before. Now I'm all muddy and in a horrid mess.

"Uhg... son of a-...." She had slid down a slippery slope landing in what she thought was a cold puddle of water. only it were muddy, same as the slope she had lost her footing, not being able to see well and...and where was that freakin light?!
The dull tiny glow of light just a tad distant to where she sat guided her hand in reaching down to it and retrieving it. Wiping what was obscuring the LED let her discover that it were mud she was sitting in.

"I can't win..." Karlie's first attempt at getting to her feet was even a bigger failure as she slipped and almost landed on her knees. but being mud, they too slid from under her and she went back down face first, getting a good dose of mud both on her features and hair.

"Frak me!...frak me....frak me....frak me..." her cuss reverberated, echoed in the darkness. And it were now pitch black as she had also dropped her comm and with it, it's light. It had landed face down too and there was no telling where it was.
"Uhg... this can't be happening... come on where the frak is...sigh.." She fumbled enough around to finally feel her com and once more cleaned it off to illuminate enough around her to determine she was in a lower level of the cave or cavern..whatever the frak she was now.

Being more careful in getting to her feet she managed to wipe the mud and silt off her face. her hair was done and she didn't even bother with it, other than bunch it up and secure it in a pony tail or some form of it...it was difficult to know.

Well, her attempt at getting up that slope she had come down in was impossible. Maybe if she had hikers on or some form of cleats, maybe. But no, she had her plain casuals on and they were like useless. the slope might as well of been made of ice, she couldn't scale it.

"Hello?!...hello....hello....hello...hello...." She sounded out

"Anyone down here that could give me a hand?....give me a hand... me a hand... a hand... hand..."

She let a minute pass trying to figure out which tunnel would be her best option...there were several now down below.
Her repeated calls to raise someone, anyone was hollow at best. Nothing but the echo of her own voice reverberated throughout the caverns. The GPS on the same com just wasn't getting anything it could pinpoint her to...seemed some minerals or whatever were interfering with its function.
"Sigh...I'm freakin screwed..." She despaired, wiping the mud that were now encrusting her face...it were drying and irritating the hell out of her now.

"Hello?!...hello...hello...hello...." yep, just her and cavern walls galore.

"Yea, screw you too!...you too...you too...you too..." Well, why not? No one was down here answering her back.

She trekked steadily and more cautiously than before, making sure she would point the light down before her so as not to walk into a fissure, a hole or another steep drop. One..two...three hours guided only by the light of her comm's LED that could only penetrate the pitch a meter or two in front of her, it was so dark.
Then for some reason or other the LED started to blink and eventually go off.
"Oh come on!... come on...come on..." She hit her com a few times to get the light back on.

But a minute later it repeated.

this went on for a half hour, with karlie hitting her com to get the light to work until it no longer responded.
She did her best not to panic, trying to get her com to work again, even trying the reset several times. But it was to no avail, it was as dead as can be.

Then she took notice as to she could make out the forms of the cavern wall rocks. They were just shadows on shadows, but still it weren't like the pitch black as it had been down here a few kilometers back.
She gave it a few minutes and sure enough she could almost see her way..or at least part way. It were enough for her not to feel around the walls and test the ground before her to move forward. She were able to see well enough not to-

Stumble she did.

Forgoing cussing, as it really never did her any good, she were getting herself up the floor when she took notice as to why it weren't so dark. The ground, the walls and the ceiling once she got up upon closer examination had some kind of luminescent moss here and there. That were giving her the details, the rock formations, she realized.

This gave her at least an ounce of hope that if anything she'd at least find some fresh water up ahead, as the moss itself needed moisture to survive and if there was that much moisture in the air here, then there would be water up ahead. Yea, she was just about parched too.

Further and further she went and lighter and lighter it got. more moss, more luminescent...more to see.
It got to the point that it were like a dim lit hallway..or rather, a dim lit cavern. And sure enough as she came about to round a corner of sort, she came to an open cathedral like open cave...and it were glowing, lit from everywhere...walls, ceilings floor and..
"Oh thank God!...thank god...thank god...thank god..." a beautiful lit pool of water..several pools...all lit from below and she could see the water stirring, moving like it were being feed and drained. The water had to be fresh!

She made it over the first one and her first order of business was to wash the crusty mud off her hands, then face..then dunk her head altogether in the pool.
Oh hell..." SPLASH! She plopped herself into the pool. It were simply refreshing and she took a deep breath and submerged herself for a minute, while washing herself underwater.
Up she came and she watched the mud, the silt from her dunk float away. Then she took to realize the water wasn't at all as icy cold as it should of been deep down in a cave. It were just a few degrees below her own body temp which she were able to quickly climate too.
Karlie looked about, threading water. No one seemed to be around.
With that, she dove below again and stripped her clothes entirely. yes, she were taking a bath and doing her laundry.

With the water in the pool flowing, there was no problem tasting the fresh water. it were sweet. sweet like of water she remembered having before. After a few more minutes wading in her illuminated pool, Karlie climbed out and wrung out her clothes, laying them to self dry next to the bank.
"Brr..." she were in her undies and standing there in the lit cave shivering now.
but again, her clothes were of a self drying tech and in no time, they were ready enough for her to redress...although those jeans once more gave her a good fight and struggle to get back into.
Zip, she finally got it done.

And wouldn't you know it, as she went to pick up her comm and fanny pack the LED was lit.
She looked at her comm with discontent. It had fraked with her, it did. yea, first thing she was going to do when she got herself out of this dungeon was to stomp on that comm. Only now, she may still need it. But just wait...once out STOP!

"Gasp... the water samples... the samples...yes the samples... don't forget the samples..." She remembered as to why she had wound up in this mess in the first place. With that she went about taking a sample of each pool.

Wait a second... did she hear that last echo right?

"Hello?...Someone down here?... down here...here...here I am..."

"Wha...who...who's down here?...here...here I am...it's me ...momy..." The echo struck terror in her eyes and for a second she had lost her voice altogether. But it finally let out.
"EEEEk... EEEK" Karlie screamed in terror as .......

"haha haha haha....ha ha.." Her mother's voice echoed throughout the cavern...

Blueberry flavored Sith
Objective: Converse
Tags: [member="Chikako Liona"]

The Chiss gave a stark nod to the woman, good, good. A rare language to know, even to her extent allowed for some slight freedom in her heart. And of course, she at least could be relieved at just how she had gone and learned it: there were many darker ways to figure out Cheunh. And all of them would've made for a very troublesome interaction.

"To can'kascah bah ten'hz cart ch'a ch'itkiseto ei. Rab veo rsah cart ch'a sascehah ei. Bin'vah tasn'ah hah can ch'itt'suvreco ch'itt't ch'itkiseto cseah.(the confines of language are a troublesome thing. But your knowledge is an assuring thing. Thankfully learned it in far less troublesome ways.

Keva's face remained rather cold, she was a calculating being. Even despite her nervousness she wouldn't miss a chance to simply studying her surroundings and the happenings around her.

"Bin'vah k'ir nah viz ch'at k'itat ch'a cssin's'et can vah.(Thankfully I did not have to slip a knife into you.)"

Brutal. But it was simply the only option if this woman had learned Cheunh from any of Keva's sworn enemies within the Unknown Regions, she had no doubt those disgusting rats would be able to teach the language in her fractured form to anyone whom wished it: or provided for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom