Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dominion If You Like Piña Keladas | GA Dominion of Kelada and Quarzite

Objective II
The Hunt for the PL46U3's Code Bar
Dorian Sevanar Dorian Sevanar Lao Pak Lao Pak H3xle H3xle
Bernard had sat at the entrance area of the cantina. The lounge was dimly lit, sporting a range of purple and pink hues, and was lined with different kinds of modernistic furniture and mirrored surfaces. A sort of staging area, it was the focal point for the main bar and several of the most important services. The labyrinth of mirrors began just beyond the counter, through one of a number of doors. Most clients passed through the lounge before they made their way to the heart of Lorana's Labyrinth, which made it the perfect location to keep track of who passed in and out of the cantina.

Among them, Bernard had noticed two conspicuous, uniformed individuals who had spent the last half of a turn walking around the entire cantina lingering briefly and meticulously around every single one of the patrons. If this wasn't already bizarre, he'd spotted the, somewhat, infamous trader of Force-cultural artefacts nursing drinks at the bar while what appeared to be a seriously illegal war droid stood guard next to him. And if the information his contact in the SIA had leaked was correct, somewhere in that labyrinth was a hacker going by the name PL46U3 who promised a virus to shake the galaxy.

The clientele this evening was truly remarkable.

But the occasion called for it. From all the evidence, this deal held the potential to sway elections. It was no joke to be ignored.

Pushing out of the booth he'd lounged in, Bernard made his way over to the trader and his droid. He brought the drinks he'd been quietly accumulating whenever one of the serving girls came around to pester him to spend more credits. He never did think of a simple way to escape their bubble-gum cheerfulness that trapped anything in a ten mile radius around them in idle conversation until they got their way. Talking was hard, man.

"Hey," he drew out the word as he approached, adding a strong touch of enthusiasm. "I know you! You're that one purveyor of cultural goods I've heard so much about!"

Bernard offered the man one of the drinks.

"Here, on the house. Consider it an extension of good will, because boy, do I have an opportunity for you," he leaned closer to the smuggler, taking a moment to check around for anyone who might be listening in.

"Today's a special day at Lorana's. Someone's selling something pretty important, and I know where to find it."

databank_quarzite_01_169_f9480d2f.jpeg

wsL0bBY.png
Objective | Establish good relations with the Alliance
Location | Otto's Palace
Company | Aerarii Tithe Aerarii Tithe

Otto motioned with his hands in a welcoming fashion as he ushered Tithe into his palace, waddling ahead of his colleague, making a comment in response to Tithe's regarding his well being " Of course, of course. Few in the galaxy get to live such a lavish style while most of it burns. I'm sure our friend Gat Tambor Gat Tambor certainly is enjoying the boons of war. "
The Belugan hobbled over to his seat at the head of the banquet table before resting his royal rear on its cushioned surface, grabbing handfuls of the morsels that had been prepared as Tithe already laid out a proposal for Quarzite to accept and welcome the arrival of the Galactic Alliance. Otto would speak up between mouthfuls, little particles of food spraying from his split maw as he nodded, his layers of chins jiggling as he nodded, " Of course, I certainly have no issue in partnering with the Galactic Alliance - I trust them more than I ever would the Confederacy with its failures in the open market and desire to excuse itself from the Galaxy. That whole CIS First fiasco certainly has left a sour taste in my mouth. "
Otto raised a hand up to wipe at his dribbling mouth with its back before picking up a napkin to pat his slobbery maw dry as he reached over for a glass of expensive wine to take a sip. " The question of how heavily I should be expected to contribute to and what my profit margins will look like were I to invest remains though. "

She was right - his jacket was ragged. Patched up and sewn together a million times, yet his reluctance to toss it away for another did not stem from some typical pragmatic line of thinking that lacked any taste of aesthetics. The iconic New Jedi Order leather jacket was the only possession that he prized. It held an existential meaning to the raven-haired Jedi defining who he was, or rather who he had become after leaving Ruusan. Defining him.

It was as much a symbol to him as it was to everyone that had met Dagon.

Yula's shift from his jacket to Huttaburger had been a welcome one. The quintessential fast-food chain was another, although far lesser, symbol that carried connotations with the New Jedi Order. Its greasy burgers had become something of an informal tradition - the New Jedi's 'cuisine'. So when Yula offered escaped her lips, a bright flash filled Dagon's blue eyes; anything that wasn't a shopping spree now seemed like salvation from hell.

"I'm starving." he lied as he shuffled, picking up the pace, towards the junk food joint.

It was when they sat on a table with their meals that Dagon continued the conversation, a visible spark of life in his previously bleak voice.

"Reminds me that I really haven't ever taken you up to see the Jedi Library on Coruscant." Dagon said. They had rarely been together on Coruscant, as a matter of fact. Once, maybe?

"Lucky you."

For a moment the Jedi wondered what Aeris Lashiec Aeris Lashiec would think of Yula. As stubborn as Dagon was, there was hardly anyone's opinion that he took so deep to heart as his best friend's.

"That's gonna be our next vacation, Yula. Gonna be great. You. Me. And the infinite books that Aeris' gonna throw our way to categorize and organize. Alphabetically. Chronologically. By author. By publisher. By era. All day, all night, mmmhm." sarcasm dripped from his lips. "You're gonna love it as much as I am loving this shopping therapy."

BYOO // QUARZITE
Otto Blank Otto Blank | TF

wsL0bBY.png

Between bites of food and sips of wine, Tithe explained the Alliance member-state contributions framework. Each planet made payments to fund central essential services, most notably the GADF. There was also an expectation that a certain number of new recruits would be directed to the GADF to ensure it was sufficiently staffed. Beyond complying with Alliance laws and rulings of the Senate, planets were otherwise left to their own devices.

“Naturally, we can ensure that the burden does not unduly rest on those of means,” Tithe explained. “My, it would be a drain on the economy for the planets largest employers to languish. Maintaining the trickle-down economy is requisite.” While some may argue otherwise, Tithe saw no benefit in taxing the rich - after all, without them, who would the unwashed masses work for?

“If I could be so bold,” he added. “Your world will be in need of a stable hand to guide it’s integration into the Alliance. I could think of no finer… err, Belugan, to run as Quarzite’s first Senator.” The Corporatist Party still didn’t have the numbers on the floor of the Federal Assembly to drive its agenda. He was always on the lookout for like-minded individuals to join his voting Bloc, and expanding the reach of the Trade Federation was certainly an added bonus.

There were many things Lao Pak was. Part-time pirate, occasional sentient trafficker, seller of spice, a gun smuggler...He was not a "purveyor of cultural goods". Lao Pak's eyebrow arched as he looked the youth up and down. The way he spoke was straight out of a buddy cop holoflics which immediately started setting off alarm bells. But he was curious.

"Plauge's virus?" He said, not caring if anyone heard him. "Peh. Lao Pak is not here for bid," he reached down into his pants and pulled from it a heavy blaster pistol and set it down. "Loa Pak is here for Plauge themself." The droid next to Lao Pak shifted as if uncomfortable and turned its skeletal gaze on the youth.

"No amount of credits you have can change Lao Pak's mind." He paused, "Unless you have more credits than Lao Pak. But I doubt that, you look more poor than Atrisian Binbo. So I don't think you do have credits enough to change Lao Pak's mind." He turned back to his drink and took another sip, watching the boy over the edge of his glass.

Yula eyed Dagon from behind her Hutta Double Nuna Supreme.

“Just when I thought Jedi couldn’t get any more tedious-“ She reached over and helped herself to a few fries that were sitting in his wrapper, like a garnish for his burger. “-you go and add a library. Jedi library.

Two words that conjured up what she assumed to be the most boring location on all of Coruscant.

She snorted at the idea, pinching a wayward pickle from the side of her sandwich and dropping it into her mouth.

“Y’know, you sound just as thrilled to go with me. You don’t care if you suffer, as long as I have a bad time, right?”

Ever since Dagon had discovered Yula’s ability in the Force, he’d been nudging her in the direction of the NJO. When his initial outright attempts to recruit her had been rebuffed, he’d become more subtle in his approach. Little suggestions here and there. Tagging along with other Jedi on extra-Alliance dealings, maybe a trip to Coruscant. She did a quick mental lap through how their relationship had progressed, and a thought struck her. A sleazy grin curled one corner of her mouth.

“You’re not sleeping with me as a conscription tactic, are you?”

She stole a few more fries off his plate, for her trouble.

Dagon Kaze Dagon Kaze

ErtiC2dBznl78dp-AuFiGWVM7I-VT1FtAUi25x-PjS5VxEXIbhiYHIaloCxp8QkjYSJrfNYXX9noKur3nsHzuaIfB5aEFwhpi3BBz2JUWMS7eMKD64IORVZf4Y932R3_TxVchKdR
Objective: Use Chaos to get closer to someone...
Tags: Cartri Keswoll Cartri Keswoll , Kyr Kyr
4394gP0.png

How long has it been?

A person's worldview could change so quickly without notice that it gave them whiplash, and right now Cassus was living in that condition. The assassination of Qanatain Xopsaloff had been an unexpectedly effective death knell for the entirety of the Corporate Authorities. The economic chaos that had followed had loosened their collective grip on the odd few worlds they had managed to extort into their service, and now the Direx Board scrambled to grip on to whatever they had left and keep from any of their rivals. Marlene Starlight cracked down on Denon and Surron with legions of CorpSec resources, Diviak Manfloon and Luminous Sun entered into a pitched fight over the soul of Belazura, and Larz Blackheart had simultaneously faded into the background and completely sabotaged the integrity of Darkwire's cyber-security.

The whole region surrounding Denon was in a pure flux state, regional politics became king overnight, and Darkwire's influence had garnered the interest and attention of the Pirate Republic of Wann Tsir, the spice gangs of Altier, and the secretive Emberlene Shadowguard. One of the few places that had fallen through the cracks was Quarzite, formerly the unofficial Vault World for the late Bursar. Without his heavy hand, power trickled down to his former aides, allies, and other scum that sucked up to him. That included the old government that preceded the CAD's rise to prominence in the Slice.

None of that, however, was any of Cassus' concern.

His focus was much smaller. Closer to home. Personal.

The boy Bounty Hunter stalked through the growing number of individuals on the train. They were a mix of higher class individuals and whatever assistants they had chosen to bring, guards or otherwise. None of them were armed, and technically speaking, neither was Cassus. What he did have though, would be more than enough for what he needed to do. He just needed to be sure his bounty was onboard. To enable his search, he reacquired a personal disguise matrix, to better blend in with the elite shoulders he would be bumping into, and so his quarry couldn't be tipped off that he was on the scent.

It was then that he saw the cyborg, chatting casually with a Chiss refugee under the employ of a disgusting-looking Belugan who appeared disinterested in talking.

"The train is full." Cassus said casually, a comment that could easily be mistaken as having no higher meaning... but it most certainly did, as it carried through his communicator to Cartri Keswoll Cartri Keswoll , a code-word to set their plan in motion.

Their plan, and the train without all of its passengers.

A nasty grin settled on his face as he munched on the food listening to Yula's evident reluctance to stepping even near a library, let alone entering the Jedi library. Her pettiness seemed to be rubbing off on him.

“You’re not sleeping with me as a conscription tactic, are you?”

Dagon choked on his burger, caught off guard. He slurped half of his Not!Coke in one draw before he sheepishly chuckled.

"Err--no?" the Jedi replied with a stupid grin on his face, "If I was--" he began, then it dawned on him that, after all, she wasn't really inducted in the New Jedi yet. Embarrassing. He'd jumped straight into that trap. Now he had to quickly dig himself out of it with a sly, lopsided smirk, "--you'd be wearing the leather jacket already."

Last edited:
"Err--no?"

Yula couldn’t curb the smug grin from her face as she watched Dagon flounder for a moment. He recovered quickly though—a testament to how often she taunted him.

Chewing thoughtfully on a mouthful of fries, the Zeltron recalled how he’d tried to recruit her after their first meeting. Maybe that was why he’d changed his tactic to something more…visceral. She wasn’t complaining. They were just having fun, right?

right?

“Need I remind you that I wore that jacket on our first date.” The one where she was convulsing from overdose. “And I still haven’t gone all robe-and-saber.”

Yula had no intention of becoming a full-fledged Jedi. She had one foot in the door, and that was enough; it made it that much easier for her to disappear if things went sideways. But she wouldn’t have stuck around Dagon and his propensity to throw himself at every Sith warfront if it wasn’t filling some void for her.

That thought required another handful of fries, brazenly snatched from Dagon’s side.

And she said she hadn’t wanted any.

OBJECTIVE III
Tag: Open
Forces: LAAT/le Patrol Gunship, 5/5 Spaceport Police Droids

Ruus felt a surge within himself as the LAAT/le left hyperspace and the pilot droid reported "We have arrived at the destination. Adjusting for interdiction maneuvers." Ruus looked over his shoulder to the droids that remained motionless then looked straight ahead as he put his arm down from holding the dangling stirrup. Shuffling pass a two Police Droids he made his way to the cockpit and opened the door. As it slide to the side the Pilot droid rotated its head to look at Ruus "Yes?" Ruus glanced around the cockpit and out of the windows that sat before him "Have you received any communications from the Defense Fleet?" he asked, although he suspected he knew the answer "Negative. Sensors indicate we are the only vessel in the area." Ruus nodded slowly "Send a priority message to GADF Sector Command and inform them that we need immediate reinforcements. We do not have the manpower to hold this position." in response the droid turned back to the long range communication console and began to rapidly type out the message "Affirmative. Sending priority message to Sector Command."

The Sector Ranger would not abandon his post, though he was not so foolish to believe he could single handedly prevent any meaningful pirate fleet from doing as they pleased with the vital trade route. While the LAAT/Ie had formidable weapons for a starship its size, they could be relied on for extended spaceborne combat.

Kyr

Parasitoid Presence
Post 2
Objective I
Cassus Akovin Cassus Akovin | Cartri Keswoll Cartri Keswoll

Minute after minute, Kyr simply stared out into the cavernous caves, analyzing bits and pieces of the landscape in order to ascertain how they might have formed, whether there had been any interaction from cosmic forces like extreme gravity or pressure, or if there had once been some manner of water flowing through Quarzite that had carved out its caves over millennia. It was difficult to tell such things for certain, and while the insectoid was possessed of a child's fascination of the natural world, his ability to comprehend was limited by a lack of experience. All of his conclusions were mere speculation, daydreams of a wandering mind.

As the subtram began its genteel movement, the insectoid happily spun about, looking at all of the different angles of the subtram's cargo cabin so that he could glance out each of the windows. In truth, he could observe most of them simply by standing still, but it was an exaggerated motion meant to convey to any onlooker that he had not simply achieved a catatonic state. As an actor with an unseen audience, it was important to occasionally make known one's acts, just in case it became relevant later.

It was in the midst of one of these pirouettes that he became acutely aware of a number of individuals still standing at the subtram's station. Perhaps a couple of dozen had eagerly held tickets in their hands, and luggage in a few, and had been set upon boarding the subtram when it had left. Could it be that they were simply waiting for the next transportation? Though it was difficult to reach out with the Force there was an underlying current of irritation that could be felt from here, a general wave of frustrated indignity at having been abandoned.

Realization struck him like a sack of bricks as a possible slew of scenarios flooded his mind: foremost among them was the thought that a progenitor may have boarded their offspring upon the subtram in preparation for their launch, and now been separated from it. Mammalian and reptilian offspring were known for their unthinking and instinct-based mannerisms. It was quite possible that an abandoned child would be completely helpless, and while he didn't believe there were many sapient species who exhibited poisonous gas when threatened, it was always a faint possibility.

Besides, he was a Jedi now. Acts of selflessness were the bread and butter of their creed, weren't they? By behaving in a loving manner even to the least important of offspring, Kyr could demonstrate a devotion to that creed and help to annihilate some of the more wretched assumptions made about the Moralin race.

Nodding to no one in particular - there was that hidden audience again - the insectoid began to force his way past the cargo cabin's doorway and into one of the many passenger portions of the subtram, intent on guaranteeing that he helped those in need.

://Kelada, Anarid Cluster
://Lorana's Labyrinth
://Objective II: Acquire or Destroy Virus

://Signals that seemed oddly familiar pinged a sprite Wisp had set up, though she hadn't thought she'd get pinged by it here and now.

Someone was using Imperial encoding on their comms. The message sent wasn't important, but the originating locations were. The sprite had brought up an overlay of the Labyrinth to her vision through her direct linked contacts. The signal the sprite had seen wasn't the first signal, but it was loud as signals go. The origination of the loud signal was in a dead-ended corridor, and one other signal showed, though it was dampened.

She pinged that dampened signal, sending a direct message.

'PL46U3, I see you are about to be taken by a goon squad of Imps.' She sent a virtual avatar to talk to the hacker, messages going at the speed of thought. 'They aren't playing the game.'

'No, and yet I find myself unable to argue with them presently...' the hacker returned, not sending a standard avatar, but rather speaking through a set of what looked like overly large cells. Probably a plague. 'Do you have a counteroffer to theirs?'

'Hacker of your caliber, and you don't have any muscle to protect you?' She replied but didn't expect a response. 'I have a counteroffer for you. I'll increase my bid by seventy-five percent, all you have to do is send me the virus and set your comlink to broadcast at this frequency.' She sent over a frequency to broadcast over.

'You realize I don't have the virus on me, right?' The plague particles almost laughed.

'I do, I doubt the Imps thought that far ahead though.' She stood from where she sat and began to move, pressing a stud on her comlink. 'What do you say? Come work for my employer and we can save you from the Imperials. Send me the location of the code.'

In the augmented field of her vision the plague particles waited, circling each other silently.

'Don't forget to send the credits.' The plague particles turned as if to move away. 'Get me out of this, and you will have the virus.'

'Half now, half when I get the virus.' She replied, sending over the escrow account totaling half of her promised amount.

'Deal, now let's see you get me out of here.' Now the plague particles vanished.

"Oh, it won't be just me..." She smirked as she set eyes on the pathway that led to the dead-end hallway the hacker and goons were in. In her ear she heard word that the SIA tactical team was on standby.

7y69iKRSYD-vPK2saUJzVRp7FZoKlAYFvJ7YAFcKpOPqlKjkXwsS8SwdmA9aXbaOW585g42A73D9RaPX9OOQMTQ_h8TGHi-QlT1vlJ_eKAG7OPgs-FityKldQ7TcQbuwDEyzuR0S

Kelada , Colonies
Inside Lorana's Labyrinth
Objective II - Acquire Virus
Alias |
Adam Versili
Task Force Forn-66

Dorian Sevenar and the Phantom arrived at the Dead-end Hallway where Thomson and Thompson awaited them along with "Plague". This was it , Sevenar thought. This was the moment they finally got their hands on that virus. The very virus that would salvage Sularen's already deteriorating situation. Once the Politorate got their hands on both "Plague" and his virus they would be able to not only able to save Sularen from getting removed as Lord-Imperator but they would enable him to remove his enemies within the Senate via Blackmail.

Meanwhile elsewhere outside the Cantina within the Kelada Starport an AV-86 Utility Shuttle left a near-by Spaceport headed for the Cantina. Inside the Shuttle was Task Force Forn-66 comprising of the entirety of Raptor Squad , an Elite Squad of Supersoldiers and the 30 Shadow Troopers of the Shadow Company
, comprised of Elite Ex-GA Commandos , Pathfinders and Shock Troopers who know held a vengeful vendetta against the Reformed Galactic Alliance. This Task Force of 42 Men was in turn led by Colonel Rackham , an old friend of Sularen who had already shown great potential given his prior military service in the Directorate and the O'reenian Military.

Dorian Sevenar quickly took a seat right beside PL46U3 who spoke first as he sat down. "So , i assume you are the mysterious Imp your men have been talking about." Dorian Sevenar smiled and spoke in a passive aggressive tone. "Indeed i am. However let's skip the pleasantries and get straight to business shall we?" the Director-Admiral said with a menacingly glare. "And you must also be here for the virus" PL46U3 asked in a calm manner. "Correct." Sevenar said "My superiors have taken a great interest in your little virus here and wish to acquire it and your services , and in return for helping us you would be payed handsomely first with our bid and then annually under my organization"

PL46U3 thought for a while before replying. "There are already a few people whose bid surpasses your own not to mention i don't have the virus on me so exactly why should i accept this offer when there are better ones around." Dorian chucked. Off-course he did not have the Virus on him , typical hacker. "A Predictable response. However you already know how us Imps are. We don't take no for an answer. Either you can accept our offer the easy way or the hard way." Dorian Said in a Menacing tone. He wasn't taking no for an answer nor he would accept any sort of delay from PL46U3. He would get this virus one way or another.

As Dorian Sevenar continued his Aggressive Negotiations with PL46U3 , the Utility Shuttle arrived at one of the entrances of Lorana's Labyrinth which was the closet entrance to the current position of Sevenar and PL46U3. The First to exit was an Officer fully dressed in a Black Imperialistic Uniform : Colonel Rackham. Immediately he sent a message to Dorian Sevenar informing him of his arrival. "Director-Admiral , Task Force Forn-66 has arrived. Orders?" Back in the dead-end hallway , Sevenar's Aggressive Negotiations were interrupted as he received Rackham's Message. "Time's up Plague" Dorian said , quickly standing up and before the Hacker could reply , the Director-Admiral took out his blaster and stunned the Hacker before placing cuffs in his hands.

"Alright , Thomson and Thompson , take care of the Hacker. Phantom regroup with us at the end of the Hallway. Once our Backup has arrived we shall leave this Cantina with our prize." the Director-Admiral said before sending an encrypted rely to Rakcham on his datapad. "Deploy the Shadow Troopers but keep the Raptors in reserve". Soon enough the two Politorate Agents took the hacker and wrapped his arms around their necks while the Phantom retreated further in the Hallway. In case the SIA attacked and interrupted his plans , which Dorian Sevenar now expected , he would stand his ground until the reinforcements would arrive in which would enable him to slip away with the Hacker.

This would be his greatest achievement. After many failures , Dorian Sevenar could prove the Politorate's Worth to Sularen which would secure it's future. All he needed was to ensure the Hacker remained in his hands and Sularen's Rule on Byss along with the Politorate's Future would be secured and with the Shadow Troopers already on their way to reinforce him he would soon achieve these objectives. In time the errors of Xa Fel would be corrected , and everything would continue as planned.

Last edited:

“Need I remind you that I wore that jacket on our first date.” The one where she was convulsing from overdose. “And I still haven’t gone all robe-and-saber.”

The wry smirk rearranged into a warm smile, a mellow sensation passed through his chest at the recent memory. True, it had been an awful reason why Dagon had then put his jacket over her but the gesture.. it had come from a place of kindness and care. It had lit a spark that - despite his best efforts to conceal - was evident every time he looked at Yula. It kindred his spirits and invoked a feeling that he had believed was lost to him after the crisis on Ossus. Yet, unlike with Ayana, the feeling this time materialized with the shadow of dread looming over it - the suffocating fear of loss. For now the warmth prevailed over the cold. And whether Yula would reciprocate - only time would tell.

"And need I remind you that robes aren't really our style." Dagon gestured at her, jerking his head, "But that is. See, you've already got the looks nailed."

"We only take appointments," quipped a sultry voice from behind the odd trio. Lao Pak was still draining his cup though and couldn't pull himself away and so he leaned to the left to see around his big warbot and the Arkanian copper to see who had been talking. A rarity to be sure. A female Devaronian stood behind Bernard, blaster pressed into his back, the weapon subtly hidden beneath layers of flowing cloth and her white fur. Long-haired Devaronian females were an uncommon sight outside of their homeworld. Lao Pak had never seen one before but he'd sure like to-

"What do you want with us?" She hissed.

"Plague, baby girl! My favorite customer! Or soon to be-YIKE!" his charmometer drained as she turned a less subtle blaster on him as well.

"Speak Arkanian, since your friend here seems to be keen on making jokes. What do you want with us? What do you want with Plague. Quickly, we have bidding to watch, the SIA are on the move, and that idiot bastard Sularen's dogs are making a mess of my halls. We are a very busy woman."

"But that is. See, you've already got the looks nailed."

Yula’s upper lip curled. Usually Dagon’s comments on her looks were more positive.

“Is this your strategy to get me to take off my clothes?”

Her hand brushed idly down the side of her own jacket--leather, or something like it. Yula dressed for the outer rim, for Darkwire, and apparently the freaking Jedi.

She slid the wrapper of his burger, a vessel for fries, over to her side. She insisted that she didn’t want an order of her own. Dagon had looked skeptical. History repeats itself.

Apparently they had history now.

“I don’t think you should get rid of it, by the way.” It was a sentimental item, part of Dagon as much as his lightsaber. “Just wouldn’t hurt to expand your wardrobe, is all.”

://Kelada, Anarid Cluster
://Lorana's Labyrinth
://Objective II: Acquire or Destroy Virus

://Signs were pointing to this getting a bit more complicated as time wore on.

"There is a military force assembled outside the Labyrinth. They aren't using GADF comms, and they aren't ours." The leader of the SIA tactical team spoke over their encrypted channel. "These are professionals, not just mercs. They also have a shuttle on-site."

Using her eyes to type out the message she responded with as she took a step back. The atmosphere in the Labyrinth was starting to change.

'Get details of everything and keep out of contact.' She wanted the Hacker and his virus, but apparently the Imps had a bigger presence near the Alliance, and far more aggressive towards Alliance interests than previously thought.

The patrons nearest the dead-end hallway suddenly turned towards the hallway, as if on some sort of signal. K'Jali turned towards a nearby droid carrying a tray of drinks and grabbed one, turning so she wasn't directly watching the people who were now pulling on some
strange masks, stepping into the dead-end hallway, and blocking the way of those trying to kidnap the hacker. The hum of vibrational weaponry started.

K'Jali watched through camera feeds into her contacts, and was suddenly very glad she wasn't closer to where the hacker had been. She didn't think they would let anyone get away with the Hacker, though she didn't think they would be able to stop the Imps if the force outside came in.

'Things getting strange in here. Prep for signal to engage hostiles outside Labyrinth.' She began to move, fading into the crowds as much as possible as she made her way towards the door. She wasn't leaving, just getting a better vantage point to view the bar and intercept if need be.

wsL0bBY.png
Objective | Establish good relations with the Alliance
Location | Otto's Palace
Company | Aerarii Tithe Aerarii Tithe

Otto reached forward as he grabbed a goblet and threw his head back with it, letting the sweet wine trickle down his many chinned throat before reeling back forward as he raised his goblet up with one hand and curled his fingers into a fist with the other, slamming it down onto the table as he abruptly called out, " Bring me more wine! " A servant would hurriedly rush forward with a large pitcher as they began to refill his goblet while the Belugan leaned back in his seat, just barely able to kick his squatty little legs up onto the table while swirling his cup around as he listened to Tithe's proposal.
The large Belugan chortled as Tithe proposed that he become Quarzite's first senator with their induction into the Galactic Alliance, slamming an open hand down onto the table several times in rapid succession as he cackled, " Oh you sly dog Tithe. I see where you're going with this! Politics certainly aren't my field but I think I understand well enough. "
Otto postured himself as he let his laughter die down, raising his hand with his goblet up in Tithe's direction as he spoke, " I accept and I will speak to the other ranking members of our people to ensure a smooth assimilation into the Galactic Alliance. A toast to our continued prosperity and for the Alliance. "

BYOO // QUARZITE
Otto Blank Otto Blank | TF

wsL0bBY.png

As he had hoped, his Trade Federation colleague was interested in accepting the mantle of Quarite’s first Galactic Alliance senator. The bolstering of the corporatist ranks within the assembly called for celebration, and Tithe threw back his own goblet of wine in camaraderie and wave to one of Otto's retainers. “Ahh, yes yes, another!”

“You’ll find the Senate no different to the boardrooms of the galaxy,”
he explained to the Belugan. “Deals are made, favours traded, and ah, interests protected. While private enterprise remains the purest form of business, public office is not without its trappings.” The Vice Chancellor’s credit account may not have grown as exponentially as his rivals who remained firmly in the business world, but the connections he’d made and the influence he wielded were in many ways more priceless.

“These dark movements out in the Unknown Region are a terrible, terrible tragedy,” he added. The destruction of Csilla had sent shockwaves through the galaxy and rocketed the Brotherhood of the Maw to the position of public enemy number one. “But I would be remiss if I did not observe the opportunities that it presents.” Chiss space and neighbouring systems were in chaos, crying out for aid and transport for refugees. If a select few stood to make a tidy profit while helping the downtrodden, well, where was the harm in that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom