Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I Swear, If This Turns Into A Dinner Date, Chi's Going To Kill Me (Rianna/Josh)

Well, that was awkward.

Yes, the oh so fun little hot tub party. That had been a hoot. Well, aside from Carn jumping in to crash it. And Selena shoving her Grandbooty in Josh's face. But otherwise, it hadn't been THAT bad. Surprisingly, he'd actually gotten to meet Rianna off mission for once.

The two walked down the halls of the Jedi Temple, laughing in the middle of conversation. Josh chuckled, taking a breath before turning to look at Rianna.

"So hey, quick question" he said, a smile crossing his face. "Where have you been all this time? You know, before the Council was re-formed, and you suddenly came back to the Order as a Jedi Master to join in. I hadn't heard of or known you before that, and I've been here for 16 years now. It's always something that's bugged and piqued my curiosity, but I've never gotten to really meet you before now"

Rianna laughed nervously, "oh where have I been, I've been working with a small enclave in the outer rim very close to a planet called Lianna within Sith territory. Mostly healers work." She was a bit nervous about what she had been doing, there were those among the order that did not believe in the idea of helping anyone, even if they were the enemy.

"Well I'm just a healer, nothing that on the scale of grand or anything. So you've been here 16 years? Wow, what all have you done in your time as a Jedi?" Rianna was not sure what to expect. She was still very reclusive and often did not get along well with other Jedi.

@[member="Joshua DragonsFlame"]

He tilted his head. "Why so nervous?" he asked. "If it's because you helped Sith, it's fine... Just as long as they weren't, yknow, going to try and kill us soon after. There's a difference between helping someone in need, and treason, yknow"

At her question, he smiled a bit. "Let's see...." he began. "I've fought in a couple of wars. I've stopped assassinations, I've duelled the Emperor, taken on sith of all shapes and sizes.... Been a massive part of the Republic's growth, I've survived sith prisons and torture simulation devices...." he said, turning around and adjusting his robes a bit to show a massive tattoo on his back that resembled a black dragon's head roaring.

"I've conquered and liberated planets, I've turned Sith, I've even been daring enough to sleep with one, though I wouldn't do it until she left the Sith" he said with a laugh.

@[member="Rianna Organa"]

"Well now that is quite impressive Master Dragonsflame, my career not so illustrious, and yes it was helping Sith after battles were done" It was helping anyone that had been able to find her, it just happened some of them were sith.

Rianna listened to the last sentence, "She left the Sith so then... you married her?" She asked innocently enough, she did not really know what to expect of the Jedi in this new place, it was often very different than what she had known previously. She would try to learn as much as she could. Her meetings with Master Syn, and Chancellor Harkness had gone very well. Then there was Phil who she had not seen in sometime either. Yes the Jedi were different.

He smiled a bit sadly.

"No..." he said. "I wish I did, honestly" he admitted, scratching his head. "We were together for quite some time. I didn't seduce her or anything, to be honest, I meant to tell it in a joking way to make it sound awesome. But really, we just.... Fell in love. I didn't know she was a Sith until we were just about to... Well, have a little fun and get into a real committed relationship. Then she told me beforehand. We got into a fight, she left, and months later she left the Sith for me. We were together up until recently, actually. She was pregnant" he admitted, biting his lip. "The Sith killed her while she was bearing child. And I was off planet so I couldn't stop it. It's... Kind of why I was so cold around the time you joined the Council" he explained. "It hit me hard. I couldn't sleep. I couldn't eat. I felt no emotions except for pain. I'd lost the will to live"

"I miss her.... I really do. I miss BOTH of them..." he said, referring to his unborn child. "But there isn't anything I can do now, but move on. It's been a month, I need to press on"

Rianna listened now with her heart, her empathy. She could almost feel his pain as his words telling only a little of what he felt. "I'm sorry for your loss Master Dragonsflame, it will take time to recover from such a loss, so do not think you have to move ahead so quickly."

She had seen too many people like this, having lost everything. Rianna had not lost a lover, she had lost her parents, and family. Only to find the sister later, was there anything else she could say to him now, at this moment. "If you need to talk, I am always here to listen, and help you in whatever way I can, or recommend a way to move forward." Everything that the Jedi fought for was for the survival of the Republic, and the jedi way of life. Sometimes though she had to remember that it was also so that families could be together, and live under a flag of freedom.

How ironic was it then that Josh had lost his parents, his family, only to find his brother years later, but as a Sith Knight. But he nodded to her words, and gave a small smile in response.

"Thank you, Master Organa" he responded kindly. "I appreciate it, I really do. I've lost my family, I've lost my closest of friends, I've lost the love of my life, I've lost my son, among others... Loss is a part of life, especially for a Jedi. I will need time to recover, but I can't dawdle for too long. Not when we have a war to fight" he said.

"So hey... Why don't I treat you to dinner perhaps?" he asked, shrugging his shoulders. "Consider it my way of saying sorry for not trying to get to know you sooner, when you've been on the Council for so long without me even batting an eye" he said with a smirk. "I know a nice place, a little diner. What do you think?"

"Yes Loss is apart of life, but there are times I can't help but wonder how much longer will it go on, will there never be a moment when I don't feel it" She looked at him, and blinked away the tears that had welled up , turning her head away to wipe the evidence of her weakness from her face. She turned back. Strange how so many Jedi had followed the same path, the same calling. Was the force so cruel that everything had to be taken in order to claim the chosen for the order. This emotional struggle would be more fitting to Sith, would it not. No. It was a choice, one that they all had made at some point, to choose the calm in the storm, rather than the storm.

Rianna looked over to Joshua, yes they had all made a choice.

"Dinner" Rianna laughed, "Jedi are like old church congregations, food is a binding agent" She shook her head slightly, "sure why not, a diner you say? You wouldn't mean Dex's Diner would you?" She eyed him curiously.

He tilted his head as he watched her expression change. It seems she was one who had lost quite a bit herself. He felt bad, but he didn't think hugging another Jedi Master he just met would be polite.

He smiled a bit at her reaction to the dinner invitation.

"As a matter of fact, yes, it is" he said. "I wonder who Dex really is... That diner's been around for ages"

"I don't know but if the place can provide a good healthy salad, with a decadent dessert, than by all means lead the way" She felt better pushing away the memories of her parents, she had not thought about them in a long time, a very long time. She looked down again, she had to remember to call her sister.

"So there is a way to find out who Dex really is or was, licenses show images." She arched a brow of curiosity, "we can go look in the archives" She was tempting his curiosity maybe, or her own perhaps.

He smiled a bit. "Perhaps we'll look later" he said.

"Shall we go?" he asked, motioning toward the Temple entrance. "I could use a distraction from the thought of the nightmares that will plague me of the Grandbooty" he joked with a laugh. "Besides, I'm a bit hungry anyways, and they don't serve anything good here on Mondays"

Rianna nodded to Josh, "yes let's go" she smiled. So yes she got distracted easily sometimes, it happened. Espiecally if you look through a microscope for part of the day, follow it up with sick younglings, injured padawans, scraped up apprentices, wounded knights, and then there was the civilian staff.

Sometimes she needed more than a meal, she needed a good drink. "Grandbooty is going to sit on you and make you cry Yoda if you aren't careful." Rianna teased him slightly knowing that Josh really admired the backside of the Jedi Grandmaster.

"Yes hungry, famished" She had missed lunch. They walked along "walking or pod tonight?" She did not know where they were going.

He raised an eyebrow, and laughed a bit, nudging her playfully.

"Shh, the Grandbooty's eyes and ears are everywhere. If you give her ideas, and she sits on me, I will hunt you down" he joked, smirking a bit. "Punishment would depend on WHERE she sits" he cracked. It had been a very.... Interesting experience. Not one he planned on repeating, but like with most things, Josh had a good sense of humor about getting the Grandbooty right in the face. I mean, it could have been worse. It could have had contact, or worse, what Rianna was alluding to. He didn't plan on getting any closer then what he'd already dealt with.

"I suppose we'll take a speeder" he said. "I'm so hungry, I could EAT the Grandbooty" he joked.

He suddenly realized how wrong that sounded, and looked at her seriously.

".... Ok, not really. I'm not THAT hungry. But I missed out on lunch, so let's head out"

"Oh that's just wrong, all wrong Joshua, eating the grandbooty, she hears what you said...you will be boiled in your own oil" She laughed he had no idea if the Grandmaster would taunt Josh or not, but Rianna could for a bit.

Rianna shook her head, these Jedi these days what would people think if they heard them carrying on so. "yes let's go before we end up in all kinds of trouble" Trouble? What trouble? There was concern over the very serious among the order. Perhaps.

"Josh, tell me a little about Master Dista" She smiled hoping to entice him to spill. They headed to take a speeder, "So you drive, I'll ride" Yes she was going to sit behind Joshua, he could handle it, he was a Jedi after all.

He chuckles. "I wouldn't actually eat the Grandbooty" he assured. "I think I'd take being boiled in my own oil over her sitting on me. Especially the face. Oh god, not the face" he said, laughing as he got into the speeder.

"Hopefully... Nobody will alert the Grandmaster to such shenanigans. I'd hate to give Miss Halcyon any ideas" he said, a smirk crossing his face as he took the wheel. As he drove, she asked him a question which made him curious.

"I don't know much about him" he admitted. "He's old. He has a cool beard, and he's a self proclaimed Traditional Jedi, like Selena and several others call themselves. Mind you, I think traditional Jedi had a bit more compassion then he has, but I don't feel the need to slander Master Dista" he said. "Sadly, my trust for him currently is minimal. As it is for many of the Council" he admitted. "I've tried to get along with some of them, try to build a trust, but most of them have ended in... Well, failure. Too many cold fish" he explained.

"Who knows" she whispered, "The shadow knows" and then she laughed. She listened to what he said, "it isn't cold fish Joshua, it seriousness about their duties. We all are, just other relax differently. Try not to be too hard on us old traditional Jedi" Rianna thought herself traditional, but maybe not, had she changed at some point?

She made a face, oh goodness. "Master Dista just seems very duty bound, I did not know if he is always so. The Order needs Jedi of all types so that we can face everything and be well rounded, and prepared" Rianna looked around, she hadn't wanted him to slander Master Dista she just wanted to know a bit about him, so he's traditional, and Joshua thinks he's old. ok.

"My stomach is growling" She said, "This is a great ride, is it much further?"

He laughed, and eyed her with a smirk. "Lady, if you get me facesat, I can give a MEAN spanking" he joked, laughing still.

"I understand that some are duty bound. So am I, quite frankly. I'm married to my job. This Order is my life, as I explained during our last meeting. But I still know that I need to be able to get along with the people I work with, and still be a human being. THat's something others don't understand" he said.

"I see it in sight, actually" he said, looking toward the diner. "Good, too, because I'm so hungry, I could...."

"Actually..." he began. "I won't finish that. You're going to make an ass joke, I know it" he said, laughing.

She giggled a bit, "I will remind you Joshua, that YOU started it" She looked to see, "is that it?" She looked harder, oh this was going to be interesting. They pulled up to the odd looking diner, well now so this was the place that Obi Wan Kenobi came to with that tiny little dart.

They had brought nothing so unique today, they had just brought their appetite. She looked up, "What do you think, enough of a greasy spoon for you, and you...um...well rounded appetite?" She slid off, turning to look at him. Yes she was being a bit bad, but she felt like having a bit of fun. Poor Joshua.

He stuck his tongue out at her as they came to a stop. "Rianna, one more crack, and it'll be someone ELSE'S booty that I'll eat" he joked with a laugh, before stepping out of the speeder.

He looked around at the diner. Well, it'd been awhile since he was last here. "I'm sure we'll find something for our...."

He looked back at her and winked. "Unique tastes" he teased, laughing.

"I might get some meat... I mean steak, not booty meat, thank you very much"

Rianna would learn the hard way not to tease the Dragon.

"No rump roast huh. I myself will wait to see the menu before making a decision" She slipped past him heading towards the door. She turned smiling.

Oh she wasn't too concerned about teasing him. Let's see what he would do. She pushed the door and headed inside well now this was old world. Customers at the counter and in booths. Rianna headed towards a booth. This was GREAT.

"What do you think Joshua?" Did he like it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom