Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Lore I Need A Hirou

Status
Not open for further replies.
A HOLOFLIX ORIGINAL SERIES
ryan-lang-mouse-guard-web.jpg
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
GENERAL INFORMATION
  • Media Name: I Need A Hirou
  • Format: Holovid
  • Distribution: Common
  • Length: Epic
  • Description: A youngling's animated holodrama, consisting of 26 episodes that set up a toy marketing campaign that made younglings excited and adults regard this as the bane of their existence.
SOCIAL INFORMATION
  • Author: Holoflix
  • Publisher: Corellia Digital
  • Reception: As the first foray into original animation for Holoflix, I Need A Hirou was well received, with overall positive reviews. The holographic rendering for the first season was sometimes subject to "background object floaty-ness" due to the frame rate that was used. This was adjusted for the second season and subsequent limited series based on fan feedback.
FORMAT INFORMATION
I Need A Hirou was produced in 2 full seasons, each consisting of 11 episodes. A four episode "limited series", sometimes referred to by the fan base as Season 2.5, is a singular episode broken into four parts that serves as the capstone for the series and provides a fictional account based on the true stories from the battle of Castameer during the Omega War.

EVENTS
  • Event Name: The Omega War
  • Links:
  • Participants:
    • 3X744
    • Hirou
    • Thousands of others across the galaxy.
  • Overview: During a mission to Castameer for The Kathol Outback (the precursor to the modern day Outer Planets Alliance), a young Clone Trooper cadet chanced to meet a Nezumi explorer. The two shared a turbolaser turret for the battle that took place when their ship crashed on the surface. Weathering the emergency, the two survived the ordeal and helped to achieve victory against the Sith insurgents at Castameer. These stories, in exaggerated form, came to form the basis for the holodrama known as I Need A Hirou and are directly referenced in the final four episodes of the series.
CONTENT INFORMATION
I Need A Hirou is a youngling animated holodrama, organized into 2 seasons and a four episode "limited series" that serves as the conclusion for the story.

HISTORICAL INFORMATION
Sometime after the events of the Omega War, Sor-Jan overheard stories about a Nezumi warrior who had been a turret gunner for Jorus Merrill's ship at the Battle of Castameer. Being that the source of this story was the "Baby Fett" clone cadet known as 3X744, Sor-Jan assumed that it was merely the product of a youngling's imagination. However, the enthusiasm with which the clone cadet told the story seemed to earnest and genuine that Sor-Jan didn't forget it tale and it stayed in the back of his mind.

Fast forward a few years, and Corellia Digital's holovid subsidiary was having problems successfully marketing a holo-cartoon that would allow them to expand their merchandising toward younglings. During a meeting with one of the art production staff, Sor-Jan relayed a few details of a Nezumi warrior and the idea curried favor with holovid animators who thought that such a kid-friendly character might easily captivate audiences. I Need A Hirou follows the adventures of the titular protagonist, Hirou, a Nezumi knight in the Mouse Guard, in fictionalized accounts said to unfold a long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away.

Last edited:
[member="Sor-Jan Xantha"]

I know this is pre-Lore Codex so I am gonna approve it but for the future such media would definitely find themselves in the Lore section of the Codex.

Cool sub!

Discussed with John Locke John Locke earlier. These submissions pre-date the Codex and need to be moved to Pre-Codex due being classified as Media Lore under the current Factory/Codex Rules.

Submission Name: I Need A Hirou
Link to Submission: https://www.starwarsrp.net/threads/i-need-a-hirou.112937/
Reason for Pre-Factory Request: This was created before the Codex included Media. It needs to be updated, but since its now a Codex item it will be re-submitted accordingly.

Moved to pre-codex per OP request.

Please remember to provide a list of changes made when you tag a member of codex staff to move the submission to live judgement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom