Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How cliché is the character above you

At first glance, one might say that Vornskr is a 10/10. Pure, classic movie villain, the kind of guy who kicks puppies for fun.
Then you read a little more into him. You delve a little deeper into his backstory and pay attention to his posts.
This guy is a bonified cliche villain... done so well that you forget about any of the cliches.
After awhile, it's not even that cliche. Not sure how to describe this.

Vornskr is a classic villain with enough twists that it doesn't feel classic to the point of copy-and-paste style storylines.
A solid 5/10, though it feels like a 2/10 most of the time.

5/10

Too soon to tell, really, but I get the suspicion that the use of sock puppets will quickly go the way of "How random!," instantly bring Carlos to 9/10, with one point off for the slightly unique manifestation of his "So randommmm"-ness. Crazy without logic isn't contagious.

However, if you surprise everyone and go the route of Jason Schartzman in Rushmore or Jason Siegel in Forgetting Sarah Marshall, putting on school plays and Dracula-themed puppet shows (respectively) in earnest with one of a kind, completely beautiful and heartfelt performances, you'll hit 0/10 Cliche' points and stay there.

Macharius Solaire

M
Trash talking street name. Bounty Hunter. Carries a ton of guns. Crazy to wrap it all together.

I'm giving you a 8/10. Quite well done sir. I applaud your efforts.

2/10

While certain parts of the personality have been used before in different formulas, none the less I can't bring myself to consider your character to be even moderately cliche. To put it short: he is cliche in just the right ways.

To'pau Namman

During our darkest moments, is when we must see th
Hm. 8/10. Dead Parents(Your Master served as a father figure.) Jedi and a Rouge one at that so there are no limits to what you can do. Traveled the galaxy, looking for adventure. All pretty standard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom