Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dominion Hollow Victory | Dominion of Shinbone

gwyndiv.png

While Kranak's hand did comfort her, she also realized something. The entire time today, he had only used one arm to do... anything. What happened? Was his other arm in a sling? Cut off, even?? Why wouldn't he tell her what was going on???

In Vulcan's room, Jos Krayt's comment to Kranak further drove in that something had happened. Hearing that he had met Shai on the battlefield, her heart swelled with rage and lament over her betrayal. She almost found herself being consumed by the betrayal, but Jos's comments towards her, seething with disappointment and exhaustion, just made her feel all the worse. Noticable body language followed. Lowered head, shrinking smaller. She had looked forward to seeing her new Alor again. He only gave her that familiar feeling of "not good enough" that she had felt her entire karking life...

As Eliz approached Vulcan, Gwyn still in his arms, she sighed. She wanted to hug Vulcan, scream at him for being so reckless, and embrace him all the more. Hard to do in her current state. She wished she could cry once again. She "looked" at Vulcan as he spoke, his sense of humor and sarcastic honesty making her somewhat relieved. He would be alright. So, she responded. Her voice unintentionally quivered from all the stress she was under.

"I can always sneak better food in. You better stay in bed while on the mend."

Meanwhile, Eliz asked who Jos even was. Oh yeah, Eliz still had memory gaps. She felt so overwhelmed! Some welcome home all this was... She wanted to crawl away and build an entire starship right now. She realized she likely needed fixing herself first though and asked, "Vulcan, you have my stuff, right?"

Kranak Vizsla Kranak Vizsla Jos Krayt Jos Krayt Eliz Krayt Eliz Krayt Vulcan Krayt Vulcan Krayt

3wVQnLh.png
TAGS: DECEASED Erskine Barran DECEASED Erskine Barran | Kiff Brayde Kiff Brayde | Sergeant Omen Sergeant Omen | Open
WzFBvVI.png
A grin formed as he shook the Clone’s hand with a firm grasp, though he didn’t let go just yet. ”And I’ve seen your lookalikes in every single Clone Wars history lesson from Coruscant to Christophsis.” He responded without skipping a beat. He quickly followed up with a laugh as he sat back. ”I’m just teasing, mister Omen. But no, every single picture on a billboard or video on the Holonet you see of me, those aren’t lookalikes. When you come from the slums of Denon and build yourself an intergalactic corporation with your own two hands… there’s no reason to hide your gaps.” A toothy, gap-filled grin stared back at Omen as Braxton maintained an uncomfortably solid glare. His gaze turned to Kiff as the boy spoke up.

"I have no loyalty towards the former Confederacy. They are a barren and failed state. My home is the Empire now,"

”I heard this saying one time. ‘Home ain’t where the heart is. It’s where they respect you the most.’ I don’t care much for the love of empires or states. At the end of the day, mister Brayde, my goal is to help these planets torn apart by tyranny, greed and warmongering. Couple that with a chance to make some credits as well, then you have a sweet deal. If you can provide me with information on the Confederacy’s operations, what they did right, but more importantly, what they did wrong… I can assure you that you’ll see a conglomerate of planets shining through the rest of the galaxy as a beacon of hope. Building tomorrow’s future, today.” He took a long sip from his drink as he beamed with pride.

"To be honest, you would have better luck surviving a Death Star laser than seeing her in public. The only things she shows up for are meetings and diplomatic parties. Other than that, she spends her time in that big old spire where no one can see her without an appointment which of course are impossible to get."

"You are right of course. We don't even have a state healthcare system yet let alone anything else. We've just been lucky that nobody hasn't actively wanted to push us off their world yet."

A laugh escaped the Director as he gave the table a light slap. Putting on his best impersonation of a sales rep, he leaned against the table towards Omen. ”Then I have just the service for you!” He quipped, returning to a more serious note. ”That is one of the things I wish to address with the Quartermaster. Hex Incorporated has an emphasis through our subsidiary, GalacMed, on providing free healthcare on the planets we do business on. Ideally, we would be supplying the entire galaxy with fair and proper treatment, but you have to start somewhere. And I wouldn’t worry too much about garnering an audience with her. After all…” He leaned in again, his calm gaze locked onto the Clone. ”You aren’t the director of an intergalactic corporation, now are you?”

He sat back and turned his attention to the main audience for the evening. The Lord-Regent spoke up as he slid a datapad over along with a very fine cigar. Without skipping a beat, Braxton pulled a lighter from his pocket and lit the item with a few puffs, giving the man a nod in thanks.

'Terms.... All resources on offer, in perpetuity. A lifelong contract with the Empire, handsomely paid as you can see.'

'Owe it to the fact that I also was a Merc until I fell in lock-step with the NIO.... Close to twenty-five years as the serving Chairman o' the Noble Exiles PMC.'

'Folks like yourself will find their true value with my lot, though I won't stop you from working contracts with the Enclave'

Braxton picked up the datapad and read over the details with eyes widening. ”Lord Barran, you flatter me.” He chuckled, blowing a plume of smoke up in the air. The irony of it all was that he hated smoking or drinking. Vices that only distracted people destined for greatness… but that didn’t mean he didn’t know how to play the game. And with company like he had at that moment, it was highly tempting to change his mind on his stance.

”I actually know about the Noble Exiles. Very old name in the business. When I first started up my company, I hoped I would be able to hire your services. Sadly the money wasn’t there yet. Though I knew I recognized you from somewhere.” He tapped the cigar off the side of the table to knock the chunk of ash off as he sat back in his seat. ”We’ll do great things together, Lord Barran. Your people will be able to breathe, and your troops will likely not mind if a few mercenaries take the hits for them. Same goes for the Enclave, in all honesty.” He commented as he slid the datapad back.

c6XAJeL.png

Objective III
Vong Dead Zone, Kestri
Tags: Romul Saxon Romul Saxon Kalen Genet Kalen Genet Faison Kelborn Faison Kelborn Fenn Stag Fenn Stag Minerva Fhirdiad Minerva Fhirdiad Lesha Priest Shakka Bralor Shakka Bralor

Targus guided his Gunship to the landing platform. The ship shook as it made contact, steam hissing as hydraulics settled into place. Powering down the ship, Targus leaned back in his seat. He had not seen Kestri in a while: the last time he was here was to fill out some paperwork and other miscellaneous tasks. Even now he felt unsure if he should be here.

The Mandalorian fetched his armor from its stand, began the process of donning it. On his trip here he had debated which armour, if any at all, he should be wearing, but decided on the whiteshield. It had been years, but until he was completely sure the colours of the Sainze would not provoke an armed reaction, it was better to have no clan.

He sighed as he donned his helmet. What am I doing? His life was an unending spiral, hopping place to place, staying one step from repossession while looking over his shoulder for hunters that may or may not be there. Even now he was a stranger to a place that should be a home, to a people that should be his, and to a time that he was displaced in. It was no way for a Mando'ade to live.

What the hell was he going to do here?

smalldivmarble.png

By a stroke of luck, his contact had kept his word, and Targus had convinced the Dead Zone expedition to let him join. Targus had even hitched a ride on one of the transports, which was quite a courtesy to extend to a whiteshield, even at times like this.

Maybe it's because of times like these...

He looked around at the others, making small talk, comfortable, even when heading into danger. None looked twice his way. He snapped to attenion as the dropship touched down and they disembarked, his weapon at the ready.
"Squad up," Romul ordered as the last of the Mandalorians disembarked from their dropships, which began to lift off back into the Kestrian night sky. "Cadets, stay with your vet handlers. Commandos, stay with your squads. A lone Mandalorian is a dead Mandalorian in the VDZ."
While Targus was not technically assigned to a squad, he was not stupid; he would stick close to the others anyway. Not like they would be too picky in an area like this.

As they approached the treeline, Targus took in the view of the cold sky, bleak earth and wild foilage. Time to focus.

c6XAJeL.png

Objective: Complete Training Gauntlet

Tag: Romul Saxon Romul Saxon Kalen Genet Kalen Genet Faison Kelborn Faison Kelborn Fenn Stag Fenn Stag Lesha Priest Shakka Bralor Shakka Bralor Targus Sainze Targus Sainze

At Romul's command Minerva advanced closely on his right flank. Following her bethern to the nearby forest the young warrior can feel the snow being crushed by each step she made. Hearing the monstrous shrieking Minerva took a deep breath and quietly released in order to remain calm. Having fought Vong before she was very much aware how more fierce they were in comparison to most other enemies.

Like that of a blade we Mandalorians must be sharpened. Enemies, especially the most dangerous kind, can test your mettle as a warrior…should you survive ner adiik…

The words of her late father rang true in Minerva’s mind. Briefly she bit her lips, missing him immensely but pressed on. He would want her to honor his memory not use it as a crutch. Entering the tree line Minerva scanned one side to the other carefully. The night’s shadow only added to the eeriness of this place inhabited by fell beings. In the distance the wind howled before another shriek echoed east of their position.

Her trigger finger itched for the chance to start shooting but years of training and experience restrained Minerva…for now.

Last edited:
3wVQnLh.png

Alora Vizsla Alora Vizsla Sergeant Omen Sergeant Omen DECEASED Erskine Barran DECEASED Erskine Barran Khamul Kryze Khamul Kryze Braxton Holst Braxton Holst Kiff Brayde Kiff Brayde

The sudden cry caught Thonn's attention too, turning around just in time to catch sight of someone flying through the air. He wondered how that man got that much air time without a jetpack on. Thonn didn't spot the air cannon that had launched him though. He figured the guy'd probably gotten into Alora's stuff, which only narrowed down the possibilities so much. Distracted by his own thoughts, he didn't even notice her until he felt her arms land on his shoulders.

"Alora! And...Kark. I knew there was something I forgot to do." He quipped with a grin on his face. The med centre had been a combination of dull and depressing, and they wouldn't even let him drink about it! Thonn found himself in a much better place right now, with his vode around him and tihaar on the way. Just as soon as the guy ahead of him had finished with his pitch on behalf of the Empire. He was working on a transaction far more complicated than Thonn's practised creds-for-tihaar exchange.

Grabbing the drink, Thonn gulped it down immediately. It had been a while and it burned all the way down, but the desire for inebriation was greater than his aversion to pain.

"You just got out of the hospital Thonn? For what? Oh and before we continue..."

"For crashing my ship onto the surface. - cough - I think." He was pretty sure that was what the report read, though he hadn't grabbed it before he'd taken off. Tihaar was a much greater priority.

"You remember those pictures you mentioned before? Well, there were enough to make a calendar. There are your royalties for it Buddy."

"Pictures? Calendar? Is it monthly, or is it a daily one?"
Thonn quipped. Man, there were a lot of pictures, but if folks were paying credits for them, well then that narrowed the possibilities down quite a bit.

"Now how much's the royalties?" Now he was getting to the important questions.

"Is it enough to drink without having to bother counting my credits?"
Vode, tihaar and an unexpected windfall. If he could do away with that pesky math stuff, it'd be a good evening for sure.

enclavediv3.png

Cleansing the valley

Equipment:Equipment In Bio
Tag: Faison Kelborn Faison Kelborn Fenn Stag Fenn Stag Kalen Genet Kalen Genet Lesha Priest Minerva Fhirdiad Minerva Fhirdiad Romul Saxon Romul Saxon
Song:
c6XAJeL.png

Her squad filed quickly out of the dropship. Forming quickly into a wide v with her at the point. They were spaced wide enough out that a vong biot would not be able to strike more than one of them at a time but close enough that they could maintain visual and not be isolated for a kill.

"Teroch squad move up! Cadets stick close. I will not have any of you eaten on my watch."

Stray snow blew in the wind and with it came the howls of the vong. The fight would be soon.

enclavediv3.png

Ghalric Rau

G

3wVQnLh.png

B L I T Z H U N D
SPECTRE
NEW IMPERIAL ORDER
TOR VALUM | KESTRI
TAG: Khamul Kryze Khamul Kryze
GEAR: Armour | 2x Pistols | 2x Backup Pistols | Sniper Rifle[ | Battle Rifle | Vibroblade | Vibroknife | Vector - Basilisk War Droid | Grenade loadout

irondiv.png

lishhelmet_copy.png

HEATHENS

Victory. But at what cost?

They have all lost much. He had to bring an old mentee of his to heel. The Emperor lost his life at the hands of the Sith. Victory was achieved, but had cost way too much to get it.

But life had to go on.

Sitting in a dark corner in the cantina on Kestri, Blitz had been and was still scoping out the place to be sure the Lord Regent DECEASED Erskine Barran DECEASED Erskine Barran would at least be relatively untouched during his meeting on the Mandalorian planet.

While he kept his eye on the gentlemen as they met and had their discussion, Vector was outside scanning everything possible to ensure their new state head's safety. It was during the basilisk's patrol that the report came flashing over Blitz's HUD along with coordinates - enemy planetside.

The dark armoured Spectre casually rose to his feet and left the cantina without a word to his superior.

Once outside, he headed back into the city in order to intercept the insurgent.
<Remain out of sight but close enough to cover me, Boy.> Blitz relayed to Vector, who then settled on a building not too far from the coordinates sent to the Imperial. In the meantime, the Spectre waited for whoever it was approaching the location, jetpack programmed and hands on holsters.

The Empire would not fall - not even on a Mandalorian world.

05803ae3e208773f4f571a0031817524.png

enclave.png

TAG: Kalen Genet Kalen Genet | Romul Saxon Romul Saxon | Fenn Stag Fenn Stag | Minerva Fhirdiad Minerva Fhirdiad | Lesha Priest | Targus Sainze Targus Sainze | Shakka Bralor Shakka Bralor

The screeches of the Vong began to pierce the still, frigid air around them. Faison had never faced the Vong before; only hearing tales of their formidable and carnal nature. No, Faison's expertise was almost exclusively in the realm of killing gangers, lowlifes, soldiers, bounty hunters; collectively, the scum and villainy of the galaxy. He had embarked upon a few hunts against the more predatory threats the galaxy had to offer, but the Vong were not among them.

Despite being counted among the 'veterans' accompanying this expedition, Faison wagered this would be near-equally as informative to him as the cadets. Even still, Faison was here to lend aid in helping the Enclave to grow and recuperate. He would be a shoulder to lean on regardless. He unslung his Viper-series battle rifle from its place across his back and held it at the ready. Thus far, his thermal vision had not picked up anything of note. But by the sound of their cries, the Vong were close.

Romul's voice bellowed, ordering the contingent of Vode to squad up. It was a wise order - the Deadzone was not a place to wander alone, even for a veteran. Faison spied a lone armored figure who kept his focus on the treeline. His armor was a patchwork amalgamation of plasteel, duraplast, and trace amounts of steel plate mixed within. Yet, what really roused Faison's attention was the appearance of battle markings upon the plate, including a noticeable mark that traversed the length of his breastplate. It reminded him of himself, who not too long ago had come to Kestri in search for a sense of purpose. Faison came here for purpose, and he left with new armor and a family - he just didn't quite know it yet.

Faison strode over to the armored figure, and said:
"What's your name, brother?"

The armored figure's T-visor turned to regard him, and after a moment's pause he redirected his focus back to the treeline as he replied: "Parvon. Parvon Uln. You?"

Faison responded to the name with a nod. A stranger, and judging by his bearing - a cadet seeking to prove himself. "Faison, of clan Kelborn." Not only did he feel uncomfortable, but his greeting sounded fairly stiff and awkward as well. Even still, he carried on: "Stick with me. We've got Vong to cull."

With a single nod, Parvon fell in step with Faison as they took up the left flank of the advance - their rifles scanning the surrounding woodlands for their prey.

Or perhaps more accurately...

The predators.

enclave.png

4th post
Bwqu4hK.png

AN AGE OF STRIFE PRELUDE
AhDBf3g.png

SHIELD_ALPHA
LmCzktR.jpg

Lord-Regent of the Galactic Empire
Grand-Triumvir of the Tarkinist Administration

XONmsDn.png

Tags: Kiff Brayde Kiff Brayde Braxton Holst Braxton Holst Ghalric Rau
Sergeant Omen Sergeant Omen Alora Vizsla Alora Vizsla Thonn Rokkal Thonn Rokkal

Wwf3j6y.png

Wwf3j6y.png

A NIGHT OFF, BUT NOT FROM MAN'S AMBITIONS - PART 4
cHp5r1J.jpg
The Mythosaur's Den, Market District,
Midtown, Kestri (Early-877 ABY)

'Lord Barran, you flatter me.'

Innocuous though the moment seemed to both Braxton and Erskine alike, the Galaxy's many opposing elements would learn to reference this moment (and in well-studied historical context with it) in either awe-struck bedazzlement or abject horror, especially in the ease with which the former accepted the offer of the latter, an a simple swipe of the hand was all that it took to set the Galaxy on a supremely-militant collision-course with the forces of Dark and Light alike. A mutually-driven stroke of genius, no matter what way the Galaxy tried to spin it in the years following their first face-to-face encounter.

A simple swipe of the authentication bar was all that was needed, just a simple scan of Holst's ID chip to set the Empire and Hex Inc. on a collision course with the Dark Side, already expected to impact so heavily that the unprepared ones among their enemies would suffer greatly. Such masterstrokes in diplomacy always came at a hefty price, but the Imperial Treasury would remain untouched by their deal, and even though it was all coming out of the old Woad's pocket and bank-balance, there was no doubt the perks of being Lord-Regent were proving fruitful already. Stepping into proverbial shoes Lord Erskine hadn't worn for years, as all the expenses in his life as an Imperial had been covered by higher-ups until that point, proving that the number-crunching years at the helm of the Noble Exiles PC would bring Barran's shrewder formative years into the future with him.

'I actually know about the Noble Exiles. Very old name in the business. When I first started up my company, I hoped I would be able to hire your services. Sadly the money wasn't there yet. Though I knew I recognized you from somewhere.'

Though the past was still very much capable of keeping up with the man, formative years or otherwise.

Very few from among the Noble Exiles PMC had survived long enough to receive retirement pay, and even then, those who had were of lesser quality in aptitude and valour than those who perished in the Third Imperial Civil War, the bones that formed the baseline foundations of what would become Blue-Heart Brigade. And in the years following his established affiliation with the New Imperial Order, not even Bruenn McHugh could survive it, though Shug was no doubt among the best the Woads had to offer in those years; Commoner-Captain McHugh was the only real friend Lord Erskine had through all those years of toil and bitterness in exile, and still, the old stalwart was KIA within the first year of their involvement in the civil war. Not much remained from his old life, and yet even fewer faces, including his firstborn son, lost to an orbital bombardment in the Second Battle of Ziost and changing Lord Erskine's life forever.

However, bitter though these memories were to recall, old Barran was grateful for the recognition, taking it lightly to heart for the sake of his fallen comrades and firstborn son alike, as the soldiering-caste of Galidraan (and in particular, the Woad-Macushla) had achieved much and more to be remembered with the reverence and respect they were due. And in Mr. Holst's recognition of the very PMC that paved the way for the legendary Imperial climb to prominence, the old Woad couldn't help but find appreciation in the new perspective, gladdened that Braxton had been knowledgeable enough just to comment on the nearly-forgotten collective Lord Erskine still grieved almost fifteen years after the fact. The recognition in the corporatist's eyes had been enough on it's own, but in revealing his previous designs on the Noble Exiles, and in the admitted fruitlessness that kept it all from happening back then, the former-Stormchaser knew that Holst was telling the truth.

'We'll do great things together, Lord Barran. Your people will be able to breathe, and your troops will likely not mind if a few mercenaries take the hits for them. Same goes for the Enclave, in all honesty.'

'Thanks for that, Mr. Holst. And agreed, on all counts. I'm also sure the Enclave will learn to value the Hellions in the wars of the future, an' before ya know it.', Lord Erskine started, briefly pausing in his amble to drink some more of the heavy-hitting Tihaar, and in letting the taste linger, thinking on the early signs of battlefield cohesion between their contingents revealed already and realising that these armies had proven compatible as early on as their first fight together. A matter in particular that had the old Woad remembering the point he was previously trying to make, though first Lord Erskine would weigh his words before continuing,'The Empire's battle-array evolves quite quickly, never looking exactly the same from year to year.... So as long as your men are evolving with their allies, you may yet survive the next iteration of the Scar Hounds; who, by the way, are evolving much quicker than all our other adversaries in the field - past and present at that.', letting his point sit for a moment as he moved on to enjoy the delights of the cigar this time.

'Good job we've got folks like the Hellions holding their ground with us, that sort of indomitable could bring much-needed weight to our efforts.... Especially with the way the war's going, we'll be needing that kind of strength if we wish to survive the worst of it.'

Last edited:

"Yeah, yeah, verd ori'shya beskar'gam, I get it," he grumbled in response. He'd expected her to shoot back with that old phrase, but it didn't exactly make him any happier to hear it. Not that it would be entirely necessary—he'd gone years without any armour, and in worse places than this. He'd most likely be fine. Assuming she was nice enough to watch his back, at least, and assuming they didn't get separated from the rest of the group. Given the absolutely massive warrior that came behind their drop ship into the clearing, he was reasonably certain that he'd be alright on that front.

Shakka had been nice enough, at least, not to shoot at him on Ryloth. That was a good start to everything. He glanced back at the treeline, putting the safety back on one of his pistols and holstering it in favour of one of his tehk'la blades; if things got tight in the forest, it would be better to have a knife out than to be fumbling around with his blasters.

Then, Romul called out that it was time for the group to move. He turned back to Lesha, motioning for her to go first with a nod. "After you," he muttered, his face studiously blank.

Let her find the pit first, then I just have to be quick enough to shove her in before she can turn around and try to grab me.

3wVQnLh.png

"Ho?" Alora tightened her arm about Thonn's shoulders. "Just try it with your Cyberdoc and see how that goes for ya." The young Mandalorian flashed him a big grin. Getting cyber-parts could be an emotional time, and people did insane things when they were emotional. But that didn't mean Alora was going to stand there and be someone's physical punching bag. Given had-man-McKranak, she suspected other Med-types were the same.

She released Thonn when the drinks arrived so they could both grab a glass.

Omen poked the man's emotional wounds, which had Alora watching Thonn for his response. One brow fell over a honey-brown eye at the man possibly thinking he'd been in the hospital for crashing his ship. Head wounds were funny like that. Still, what else had been going on for him to wonder if it'd been something else? Or maybe that head injury was worse than she realized. Poor Thonn! But he remembered where to get a drink so the brain damage couldn't be that bad -- yet.

Then the two men had an odd exchange. Alora blinked as she regarded the both of them. "Pictures for a calendar?" Monthly or daily? What was Thonn on about? Calendars were both. No one needed a calendar to tell them just what month it was -- you might as well claim you needed one just to know what year it was. Now that would speak to brain damage. So, why would you have pictures daily...? She was half tempted to tell them calendars were such a niche product. Thank the Manda for galactic standard time and chronometers.

Meanwhile, chatter off to the side caused Alora to turn away from the pair conspiring over pictured calendars. What was that about healthcare? The smile had slipped from her lips as her eyes scanned the nearby area until she found the source.

Director of an Intergalactic Corporation? Alora doubted they managed to jump into another galaxy without everyone knowing about it. Too busy blowing the current one up.

Hex Incorporated. That is the voice of Braxton Hoist. They're well established, but not yet a powerhouse among interstellar systems. They seem to be making inroads on many worlds, however.

Alora could see why if the man was seeking to meet with the Quartermaster directly. Quite ambitious. Why bother with the middlemen that might screen him for any number of reasons, right?

And the other one? Obviously Braxton wasn't alone in this endeavor.

Erskine Barran.

Huh? Lord-Regent of the Empire? The Grand-Triumvir? Alora slowly sipped her tihaar as she analyzed the scene before her.

"Try not to burn the place down while I'm gone," Alora said aloud at last with a clap on the back of one of Thonn's shoulders. With a smile, she slipped into the crowd to make her way toward those ever so politely conspiring in the corner over simple business matters -- and rumination about the fate of galactic society. Trivial things.

"Good evening," the young woman announced herself as she emerged from the nearby crowd. "My name's Alora Vizsla. I couldn't help but notice two men of influence at this humble celebration." She acknowledged Lord DECEASED Erskine Barran DECEASED Erskine Barran and Director Braxton Holst Braxton Holst in turn with her eyes and a smile. "You are both enjoying yourselves, I hope? I thought I overheard you talk of healthcare and war, which are things I happen to specialize in personally."

Sergeant Omen

Arc Trooper Sergeant of the 41st Elite Corps
"Did your ship fail you or did you fail it?" Omen got another pitcher of tihaar out for the man as the woman behind him tighten her grip on Thonn's shoulders. Maybe they were together? No, her voice was way too friendly for that. Clearly, the man just wanted to drink his woes away and she had come along for the ride. Thonn probably didn't even want to answer any questions but Omen's curiosity had got the best of him. Hopefully, he didn't get on the warrior's nerves too much. He didn't need surgery to remove beer glass shards from his face anytime soon.

As the woman looked at the pair of guys like they were two Grees fornicating right in front of her and moved off to join the conversation with the Barren and the Executive, Omen breathed a sigh of relief before lowering his voice. There was no need to let any of his patrons hear this convorsation. "Just a monthly one. The payments aren't a lot but I think they will be enough to cover your food and drink for a while or at least repair your ship." In truth, the royalties were actually all of the profits and they would be enough to cover Thonn's living expenses for maybe a year if he was sparing. Apparently people, mando and non-mando, really liked seeing Thonn's body for some reason. Who knew?

At Thonn's request, he grabbed the credit bag and shoved it under the counter. "I can always submit them electronically. I just need the details of your account." Electronic payments were always better and less traceable. Plus it was more convenient for those who didn't have time for a bank run like a bandaged warrior that didn't want to fight an ATM after fighting the Maw.

The Clone stayed quiet after that, letting the man savor his drink. When he did speak up a minute later, it was on another matter entirely. "The new X-Wing movie is coming out at the holo theater tomorrow. Would you... maybe be up to going to see it with me?" Omen was probably hunting too big of prey but it is not like he had anything else going on right now. Besides Thonn was a good-looking guy and even if he did have the social graces of a rampaging reek, he still was nice to talk to during the jailbreak. It would be nice to get to know him more, even if there wasn't a spark of friendship or anything else there, it would be a good distraction from his average life right now.

Thonn Rokkal Thonn Rokkal Alora Vizsla Alora Vizsla

5th post
Bwqu4hK.png

AN AGE OF STRIFE PRELUDE
AhDBf3g.png

SHIELD_ALPHA
dgiT5bZ.jpg

XONmsDn.png

Sergeant Omen Sergeant Omen Alora Vizsla Alora Vizsla

Wwf3j6y.png

Wwf3j6y.png

A NIGHT OFF, BUT NOT FROM MAN'S AMBITIONS - PART 5
cHp5r1J.jpg

'Good evening,'

An unfamiliar, though friendly feminine voice cut through the low rumble of revelry's light, distant chatter, turning heads to find a bright-haired, creed-adherent Mandalorian walking up to the table as she began,'My name's Alora Vizsla. I couldn't help but notice two men of influence at this humble celebration.', making introductions in what would be considered an endearing fashion under the circumstances. She wasn't wrong of their status either, so the nod to their meeting in a less-than-grand venue was also taken well, the deep pockets in the room would be quite entertained by the new face as she concluded,'You are both enjoying yourselves, I hope? I thought I overheard you talk of healthcare and war, which are things I happen to specialize in personally.', receiving a silent, hand-waved offer to join the small clique of revellers on the merit of her brazen opportunism alone.

'Well, not so sure we were talking of healthcare, but war? I can certainly guarantee that recent developments were being discussed on that front.... Though I'm sure most remember me from other encounters, and not quite as a man of influence either - this is a recent influence for me to attain but not for Mr. Holst here.'

Taking the moment to offer a cigar in rolling it across the table to Alora, Lord Erskine returned to happily smoking his own before continuing,'But enough o' that caper, I'm sure we can arrange contracts in due course.... An' perhaps we'll see what help can be arranged in matters of healthcare an' whatnot, but tell us a bit more about yourself first - tell us a bit more about the new Vizslas.', reaching for the Tihaar and grabbing up glasses to pour the next round. He knew the decision to sojourn away to Kestri would mean not being bored at any point, and not just for the beverages and relative privacy either, but in the understanding of how Mandalorian clan-culture worked, the Lord-Regent knew he was better suited than most to the mindsets of the Enclave's best and brightest.

Last edited:
3wVQnLh.png

Alora Vizsla Alora Vizsla Sergeant Omen Sergeant Omen DECEASED Erskine Barran DECEASED Erskine Barran Khamul Kryze Khamul Kryze Braxton Holst Braxton Holst Kiff Brayde Kiff Brayde

"I'll try. No using the flamethrower indoors, I know." Thonn joked with a grin.

"Did your ship fail you or did you fail it?" Omen asked him. Was this some sort of philosophy stuff? He never really had a full grasp of or appreciation for the subject before, and that was before the head injury.

"Failed to even be a karking ship once that missile struck it. Don't know what a member of the maw was doing way out there. Forward scout, or something." Thonn replied, still a bit bitter about having barely been in the battle, and the two weeks without drinking, and the loss of his ship. At least he had his tihaar and vode to ease his spirits.

"I can always submit them electronically. I just need the details of your account."

"Yeah, sure. Gimme a moment, and I'll upload the details to you." Thonn answered, turning his attention to the small display worn on his wrist. It took a bit of fumbling, but after a moment of rifling through menus he'd be able to transmit the information straight to Omen. Electronic communication was more secure, and he was better off delivering banking information that way.

3wVQnLh.png

Alora blinked and looked down at the cigar Barran rolled in her direction. She reached down to pluck the cylindrical shape from atop the table as the man began to speak once more. A little light banter turned into a probing question of someone very interested in learning about those he sought to engage in commerce. Perhaps more. Basically, an intelligent and ambitious socialite -- exactly what she expected.

The colorful woman present slid a blade to the edge of the table as the question was laid in her lap. Slowly she placed the cigar between her teeth. With a flash of a smile, Alora's finger dropped on the blade that hung over the open air and sent it twirling straight up into the air. The tip of the cigar was sliced off a second before she snatched the spinning, sharp implement out of the air. A quick puff of flame burst from her vambrace to light the previously wrapped contents.

"I build, install, and maintain anything cybernetic," Alora announced after a few puffs on the cigar set it in motion. She set the knife back down on the table away from the edge as its services were no longer needed. "Been doing that practically since Mandalore. Its an expense trade. I don't believe in cutting corners. People don't lose limbs and settle for a broomstick. There's always room for improvement too."

She settled down into a seat at the table with a smile. "My ship and I are skilled at getting things in and out of places others can't -- or won't. Makes sure there's enough creds to cover my expenses. Then there's Enclave work. Edge of the galaxy's been neglected and needs a little help rebuilding its infrastructure. Not everyone appreciates that though; they're too used to what's familiar. Can't blame them, but that doesn't mean better's left rotting in the corner. I'm sure you know what a strange 'game' that can be."

6th post
Bwqu4hK.png

AN AGE OF STRIFE PRELUDE
AhDBf3g.png

SHIELD_ALPHA
dgiT5bZ.jpg

XONmsDn.png

Sergeant Omen Sergeant Omen Alora Vizsla Alora Vizsla Thonn Rokkal Thonn Rokkal

Wwf3j6y.png

Wwf3j6y.png

A NIGHT OFF, BUT NOT FROM MAN'S AMBITIONS - PART 6
cHp5r1J.jpg

'I build, install, and maintain anything cybernetic,'

Smoking happily on the cigar Lord Erskine passed her, Alora eventually sat down at the table after a silent, though still a polite gesture to take a seat and join the conversation. But it was in this moment that the finger's of Barran's cybernetic arm had a phantom twitch, to which a small, side-flicking tic showed a slight tell, remembering Nirauan and Julian Qar's work in the aftermath of his own failed defence of New Carannia as Vizsla resumed,'Been doing that practically since Mandalore. Its an expense trade. I don't believe in cutting corners. People don't lose limbs and settle for a broomstick. There's always room for improvement too.', settling into the seat she had been offered and weighing in with the trade she was plying on behalf of her clan.

The Lord-Regent had known, even before his ascension to rulership, that the Mandalorians' grasp of cybernetic-engineering was a true marvel in collective comparison to just about every other faction in the Galaxy, great and lesser alike. The good doctor himself was a Krieg-born Mandalorian, and with the scale of his perfection on full-display at all times, the acceptance of Julian's help would be easy enough; and in Lord Erskine's reasoning, there were none in the Galaxy who could match the sheer artistry of the cyborg who both saved the life and made the legend that was Noel Strazsa, and none else but Dr. Qar who Barran would want to build his new left arm.

'My ship and I are skilled at getting things in and out of places others can't -- or won't. Makes sure there's enough creds to cover my expenses. Then there's Enclave work. Edge of the galaxy's been neglected and needs a little help rebuilding its infrastructure. Not everyone appreciates that though; they're too used to what's familiar. Can't blame them, but that doesn't mean better's left rotting in the corner. I'm sure you know what a strange 'game' that can be.'

However, in gaining an insight into the colourful personality sat opposite, Barran's thoughts would drift to Shai Krayt, memories of the advanced cybernetic eyes of the champion he once elected to fight the Mongrel, memories of learning Clan Krayt's renown for limb-replacement wonders in particular. And from Qar to the Krayts, there was no doubt plenty in the way of inspiration taken to remain invested in the discussion, though as the particulars of Vizsla's means of getting by were brought to the fore, the Lord-General began feel increasingly curious as to what Alora's good work could do to improve upon the good doctor's already-stellar work. And in hearing the young cyberneticist's talk of rebuilding, the old Woad made a smirking sideward glance towards Braxton before his eyes fell on the contract-prospect once more, wordlessly starting a trial-period in the hopes his Imperial friendships with Clan Vizsla became as strong as his were with Clan Krayt before them.

Though he still had much and more which needed to be reconciled and resolved with the latter.

'Slide me your Business-Datapad, I think I want to make a down-payment.... I want a lighter, up-to-date replacement for this left arm o' mine. Rationale is that I want the arm I'm wearing to be sent back to my home-world, sentimental value as much as historical - I'm sure you'll understand.'

Lighting his cigar again, but at the half-way point, Lord Erskine would let the first puffs of smoke envelop his face before inhaling proper and exhaling with enough force to blow it all away from his face, returning his attention to Alora with cigar still sitting at the right corner of his lips as he continued,'If you can create something worthy of an Imperial ruler, there might be other work and that of a relevant sort in it for Clan Vizsla. We're paying handsomely as well - as we have since long before my own affiliation for that matter.... I'll leave that offer hanging for now though, an' besides, I wish to know if Kranak is alive an' well.', before kicking back and letting the offer of a paid trial-commission sit with the young Mandalorian as the cigar in his mouth took precedence once more.

'I hear much an' more o' what that one has endured since Mandalore, a man after my very own heart.... A man whom I hope your sort has grown to revere since. Take it from me, I know a real warrior from the pretenders, an' Kranak is most certainly the former.'

Last edited:
3wVQnLh.png

Alora drew the cigar from her lips with a big smile at the man's request. Cybernetics business? Always top of her list compared to smuggling people, things, or data in or out of somewhere. The former was her lifestyle; the latter just a means to furnishing the former. So, the young Mandalorian's free hand dropped to her side to draw out a small datapad as requested. As she gave the cigar a polite tap over a tray, she slid the pad across the table for Erskine's benefit.

"I do." A slight nod and a smile accompanied the simple reply to the man's request. There was a time to sell yourself, a time to commiserate, and a time not to ask too many personal questions with someone you just met without a reason. If he wanted to keep his old arm that was his business. Didn't hurt Alora any; it was ultra-rare parts were reusable. First there was the biohazard aspect. Sure, you could clean them, but was it really worth the risk? Then there was the fact most old models were old for a reason. Alora could make new products with older gear if price was the issue -- much as it would pain her to do so. Old was old for a reason.

The offer of continued work was quite the offer. Could they really afford cybernetics for a larger group worthy of an Imperial Ruler though? Well, if they were burdened with credits who was Alora to decline? "You won't be disappointed." Now this was a matter she'd love to 'sell,' but the man wanted to move on. Disappointing, but not unusual. Not everyone was a cyberhead. Still, she was confident in her work -- seeing how she worked with top of the line parts.

Kranak, huh? Made sense. Well, it would, except Erskine was asking if Kranak Vizsla Kranak Vizsla was alive, and pointing out how good a warrior he was. It would make sense if they knew Kranak's position. Less sense when it seemed they didn't. Maybe the Big Guy had simply left that much of an impression on the Imperial Ruler. Alora could see that being the case.

"He's alive and still just as much of a warrior as ever. Kranak helps keep the Clan functioning out here in Wild Space. Gathering everyone after Mandalore isn't always easy. Sometimes you have to convince people when the line of succession becomes opaque, but he'll manage." Big galaxy with Mandalorians scattered all over it. Things just took time no matter who you were. "When did you two meet? A warrior like that gets around." Seemed a reasonable question to ask. Erskine brought up their association first, after all.

Lesha Priest

L

"After you,"

Her visor turned towards him briefly.
"Please tell me you aren't a coward, Genet." Lish quipped before continuing toward the treeline. "It's unbecoming for a Mando'ade." A smile did tug at the corners of her mouth behind her helmet, however.

The howls became louder before ebbing away again, going silent as the duo stepped into the forest. It was then that Lesha flicked off the safeties on her pistols.
"Stay awake. They'll ambush somewhere." she said. "Though ambushes seem to be your forte, so you should be fine." With any luck, he'll be eaten.

A girl could only hope.

enclavediv3.png

smalldivsilver.png

"I prefer tactician. Let the one with the thickest, strongest armour go first, and today, well..."

He shrugged.

"Looks like that's you."

Given that they were moving as a duo, in an open space, it didn't make much of a difference—but he wasn't going to let something as minor as that get in the way of his own sarcastic responses. She didn't need to remind him to stay awake, though; without the benefit of any helmet monitoring, he already had his head on a swivel. Ears wide open as well, tracking the sound of the howls as they died away, growing more distant. The crunch of their footfalls in the snow. The creaking of the branches around them as the wind blew.

He frowned, listening in again.

One of those branches didn't creak quite as much as it ought to. He cast his eyes up, in the guise of continuing his current observation, and caught one that was drooping slightly, though the rough bark on its surface didn't seem particularly disturbed.

"You know, I think you're right."

His eyes dropped, as he walked forward a few more paces. "I think the ambush is already here for us."

He turned on his heel, humming tehk'la blade flying through the air at the branch he'd noticed, one attached to a dead tree with relatively smooth bark. A short gasp was the only sound they heard as it landed, blood dripping out of nowhere...

Before a mutated warrior, already limp, fell to the ground in a heap along with the partially-detached corpse of a cloak of Nuun that had failed to properly hide her. The trees around them erupted with guttural curses and enraged howls, and around multiple of them the snow exploded up and out as warriors dropped heavily to the forest floor.

He drew a second blade, stepping in closer to Lesha. One of the warriors issued what must have been a challenge. "And they didn't even let us get to the pit. Rude." Not one of them, however, wore Vonduun crab armour; it was impossible when they were using cloakers, which made this group, at least, far easier to take down. He raised his pistol at the one issuing the challenge, blasting him once clean through the chest before the rest decided to rush them.

Lesha Priest

L

"I think the ambush is already here for us."

His tehk'la blade dropped a cloaked Vong from a nearby tree.
"Not bad, Genet." she said, turning her back towards his as she turned to face the howling forms that were now dropping from the tress all around them.
"And they didn't even let us get to the pit. Rude."
"They have a tendency to make last minute changes, sadly." Lish said as a particle bolt from her pistol collided with the chest of a particularly large male warrior barreling towards her.

Her right-hand pistol aimed to Kalen's left to blast another warrior charging at the Mando'ad as her left shifted aim to another oncoming female. These remnants were good practice, but Lesha wasn't exactly fond of them.

"The sooner we cull these things, the better. I'll buy you a drink afterward, Genet."

enclavediv3.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom