Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hide and Go Seek [Vagrants]

@[member="Thessa Kai"] | @[member="Jorus Merrill"] | @[member="Sarge Potteiger"] | @[member="Sammo Hache-Khe of Rae"] | @[member="Rosa Mazhar"]

Looking up and down at Sammo, Delila couldn't help but to chuckle. "Oh really? You look like my ex-husband. A bad omen, don't you think?" Despite the violent streak that Thessa seemed to be having right now, the plan was the best one. It was nice to know their friends and acquaintances clearly saw the Galan was in no physical or mental shape to fight. Besides it wasn't as if Thessa couldnt kick the lifeless body of this guy once he was finished.

"No mask. I want this guy to see my face as I'm slowly choking him to death."

As if guessing Sarge's thoughts, a mild glare passed over her features, which turned toward Delila, jaw becoming slightly ajar. She thought Jorus would be her biggest problem with cutting her out of the Daxton action but Dells, her best friend ever, was just as bad.

Mmm, worse even.

Arms crossed defiantly over her chest as she shot Dells a look as if to say 'eh tu, Brute.'

@[member="Aedan Miles"] | @[member="Aedan Miles"] | @[member="Vorhi Alestrani"] | @[member="Nocturno "]| @[member="Sonja Mercier"]

Beneath his silver mask, Daxton smiled a secret smile no one else could see. For most of those present all they would know was the Sith Lord seemed to be having a good time. Little did they know that this was all part of the great dance, a game as old as time.

Ever the master strategist, he waited for this prey to come to him. Soon, my dear, soon, he thought silently to himself. Then the next piece will be moved.

The Gypsymoth, still cloaked, exited the Cloak of the Sith over Roon, and descended toward the planet. Jorus was flying by instinct now, and between that and a very good, very recent model of Roon's orbital and rotational mechanics -- a necessity when one used hibridium -- he had a pretty decent idea of the necessary trajectory to get him close to the Templar citadel. From there, he could rely on the little camera pod that poked through the double-blind cloaking field.

The landing facility, on a bridge, jutted out from the high citadel. Crammed in around the facility was a cornucopia of bars, tradesmen, and houses of ill repute.

"There," he said, gesturing at one bar on the edge of things. "I can project a lateral force tube through the cloak and set the ship to hover right here. We're level with the bars, not gonna get run into by any traffic. We just walk out of the force tube and onto the roof of the bar. Comlinks and Taozin amulets, everyone. Beyyr, you got this?"

The Wookiee life-debted to Jorus -- a good man -- roared in assent and took his place at the controls. Iron Giant would stay aboard too, to help Judah keep Thessa from running off. Jorus strapped on a belt of shotgun shells and hefted his Mandalorian shell gun. A tiny holocam button snapped onto his jacket, for the transmission back to the ship's camera pod. He threw in a bank robber mask for good measure. "Dells, Sammo, Rosa, let's get to it."

The hatch opened, revealing a force field tube that extended over the abyss to the roof of the outermost bar. He tried to ignore the long fall beneath the semi-transparent field. A few shaky steps, and then a few more confident ones, took him onto the bar's roof.

"There's any number of bars here. Guess we start with one, see what we can see."

Hopping off the roof into an alley, he went around the corner and opened the door. Maybe it was the bar he was after, maybe not. Up to the universe.

"'Scuse me, folks," said the masked man. "I'm here lookin' for Daxton Bane."

Judah found himself with the most dangerous task of all : watching @[member="Thessa Kai"]. Facing the Sith Lord would have been a safer option. Since there was a Wookie at the helm and not much from himself to do, the young salvager set up a game of Holochex. Across from him sat the fidgety mermaid, his gaze more on the woman than the game table. Watching the holographic monster jump across the game board to gleefully claim his opponents piece, booted foot came to tap Thessa's leg.

"This is killing you, isnt it? Not being out there."

@[member="Aedan Miles"] | @[member="Aedan Miles"] | @[member="Vorhi Alestrani"] | @[member="Nocturno "]| @[member="Sonja Mercier"]

Daxton was savoring the fractures through the Force that he neglected to notice it was his turn to play his hand and lost the round, much to the good natured ribbing of his companions at the table. Credit chips changed hands as he called for another round of drinks for his friends, it was clear that seeking out the Sith Lord wouldn't be too hard, after all he wasn't exactly hiding, was he?

@[member="Jorus Merrill"]

The Dark Templar

The Guildmaster of the Bounty Hunters Guild (Lawfu
@Aedan Miles @Vorhi Alestrani @Daxton Bane @Sonja Mercier @Nocturno
"Sooooooo.."
The Guildmaster began after a while.
Until then, they've all been more or less sitting in awkward silence, with Daxton only smiling to himself and playing with some chips, seemingly the question Guildmaster asked was ignored.
"I guess I will go keep looking for those pirates, if ya'll are high on deathsticks or something."
He slightly gestured to the door behind him
"Yeah.."
He turned away with the shake of his head as he moved back to do his own things
"Bloody recruits these days."
He muttered, tapping a comm-link on his wrist pad as he went to the landing pad
"Oy, you!"
He called out to some worker, they turned and she showed clarifications, beginning his investigations.

Sammo Hache-Khe of Rae

Warden, Traveler, Hopeless Romantic
@[member="Delila Castillon"] @[member="Jorus Merrill"] @[member="Rosa Mazhar"]
Sammo kept glancing to Dells, grumbling
"Dells, for pete's sake, at least put the mask on, you're still a big shot in other places, I mean if you want him to see your face when you choke him and all, you can always take the mask off, but you should still keep it on until then."
He slightly tilted his head then as he received something over his internal encrypted channel
"Jorus,"
He whispered out to him to get his attention
"I have been informed where Daxton is, but he is surrounded by Confederate personnel, about 4 people, you sure now is the chance to take him out? This could easily spin out of control, maybe Sarge should flush him out first."

Vorhi blinked as he wore he heard something. Weird. He looked over at the Templar. "Haven Martin? Never heard of her. I'd aksk if you had a holopicture, but I'd doubt it do me much good," he said at he tapped the blindfold cheerily. He laughed at Daxton good-naturedly. "C'mon, you're not even masking your tells, Bane. Just because I'm older doesn't mean I need charity!" He wondered what was up. Daxton wasn't this distracted, and he hadn't drunk that much. He wondered what bothered him. Ah, well. He wave at the waiter. "Another one of those blue drinks. I think Master Daxton needs me to take a handicap this evening!"

@[member="The Dark Templar"] @[member="Daxton Bane"]

@[member="Daxton Bane"] @[member="Vorhi Alestrani"] @[member="The Dark Templar"]

Aedan Miles leaned back as he watched the game taking slow sips of it as he started to slowly whistle his eyes flicking around as he rested his hands behind his head. He looked at the table again before he stood up and looked at his men nodding his head as they kept drinking occasionally trumpeting at each other.

@[member="The Dark Templar"] | @[member="Aedan Miles"] | @[member="Vorhi Alestrani"] | @[member="Nocturno "]| @[member="Sonja Mercier"]

"Huh? Where is he going?" Daxton clearly was confused as he watched Dark Templar turn to go, "Was he talking to me? I thought he was asking you." he said to his fellow seeker.

Taking a long pull from his tankard, he looked at the pile of chips in front of Vorhi and said, "My tells? Are you serious?" Tapping the reflective metal plate that covered most of his face, "No wonder they say we're cheating if you can make out my face beneath this. Now give me a chance to win my money back you scoundrel."

Daxton was a changeling, and easily disguised his unease with good natured bantering and ribbing of his fellows as they got ready for the next round.

Agitated foot finally stopped tapping. Dark-circled eyes tore away from Jorus' live feed to look at @[member="Judah Dashiell"]. One hand remained glued to the handle of the riot gun.

"Yes," she said quietly. "I can't believe they..."eyes sharpened, "if something happens, I'm going out there." She wondered if Judah would try to stop her. In the current state she was in, she imagined he could, especially with Sarge's and Iron Giant's help. The wookie would be too distracted flying.

Plus, there was the whole lack of sleep thing that was throwing off her game. She didn't want anyone to know about the nightmares, where Daxton seemed so real. She could only escape him in the waking hours.

She had to kill him.

Something caught on the live feed and she spoke in the transmitter in Jorus' ear. "There, in the corner, the one with the reflective mask drinking, with the others. Tha-t," she swallowed, "that's him." Gaze lifted to meet Judah's. Ironic that the villain was found in the first bar and no one heard the challenge from the masked spacer.

@[member="Jorus Merrill"]

@Sammo Hache-Khe of Rae

Grudgingly, she had put on a type of rebreather mask and had a dark and deep hood that covered her flame-red hair.Redheads always attracted attention, Dells never got the good kind though. Sighing audibly in the mask, only @[member="Jorus Merrill"] would just straight up ask for the person in question. Not her way of doing things but hey, whatever works for him. Hand came to rest on her blaster, eyes scanning the surrounding area.

"Excellent idea...I'm sure he already knows we are here though." Frowing behind the mask, Dells thought a moment. "Still would be useful to use Thee as bait. Shame she cant be trusted not to go mynock-crap insane at the sight of this guy.."

@[member="Thessa Kai"]

"So you are expecting a riot to break out in this vessel?"

A small smile graced his features at his own lame joke.Gaze flicked to the gun before back to Thessa. Apparently a joke that wasn't going over too well. Growing frustrated at not being able to see the live-feed screen, Judah slid into the booth next to Thessa, taking in the images. Their target, with all his metal, looked like a few of the prototype droids KRDS had back on Kesh. Must be the new wave in Sithly fashions.

"If something happens you are staying put and I'll go. You're sleep deprived, weak and injured. Not a combination for rescuing anything."

Rayn H'voc

R
Sonja watched as her comrades enjoyed the festivities alongside her. "Can you bring me a nice bottle of Corelian Rum? 'ppreciate it." Sonja said to the bartender. She took a seat next to the two playing the game and began her usual instigation between players. "Come on Daxton. You play looser than a bantha matron's youknowwhat. Hahaha" Sonja punched his shoulder lightly before taking a chug of her drink.

@[member="Daxton Bane"] | @[member="Aedan Miles"] | @[member="Vorhi Alestrani"]

@EVERYONE

Jorus's cheek twitched at Sammo's whispered suggestion. "I'm not here to kill him," he said, "just deliver the kind of message that gets attention."

As Thessa's guidance came in, the masked, shotgun-toting man nodded, a motion she'd see in the camera feed, and headed for the knot of Templars at the back. With a masked Dells at his back, and Sammo and Rosa, Jorus made his way through a bar that didn't seem to want to give him an easy answer. In the back sat @[member="Daxton Bane"], playing cards with @[member="Vorhi Alestrani"] and @[member="Sonja Mercier"], among others. Shotgun over his shoulder, the masked Lord of the Hyperlanes approached.

"Evenin', folks," he said, cybernetic eyes locked on the Zabrak, in full hearing of the other Templars. "I'm here to deliver a message, Bane. The woman you tortured is waiting for you on Silver Station. But maybe I should narrow it down -- my sources in the Empire tell me you've tortured an awful lot of women in your time. This one was, oh, a week ago? She's anxious to repay the debt." He grinned through the mouthhole of the bankrobber mask. "Maybe I should narrow it down even further. Galan. Pilot. Better person than anyone in this sodding citadel. You made her scream, Bane. She intends to return the favor.

"So what do I tell her? Silver Station rendezvous?" In a mockery of casual motion, the shotgun's barrels left his shoulder and settled into his left hand. "Or..."

If the announcement was supposed to faze Daxton, he made to reaction to it, the Sith Lord going as far as drain his mug before putting down on the table and studying the man through his silver helm.

"I don't know who the hell you think you are or if this is a joke. Either you are high on something, young man or you have me mistaken for someone else." Daxton's voice was both familiar and yet different. "First of all, I don't torture women. That simply isn't my style. I make love to them and they return the favor. Secondly, you said a week ago. I haven't left Roon in over three months. As any number of students as well as Masters will attest, my duties to the Seekers has prevented me from leaving this world or its immediate environs. Obviously if I had left, someone would have noticed since I keep a pretty busy schedule. Third, where is this woman who you claim that I tortured? Is she with you or is she just a figment of your imagination?"

"I don't have to answer any of your wild claims. Where is your proof? Did you actually see me, Daxton Bane, Wayfinder of the Order of Seekers torturing a woman with your own eyes? I didn't think so."

"Now before you embarrass yourself even more than you already have, I suggest you turn around and go sleep off whatever you have been shooting or smoking. I am going to let this one slide because I am in a good mood and there is no reason to wreck this perfectly good bar on the basis of your wild fantasies." Daxton's reflective face plate hid all his features making almost impossible to read him, but it was clear from his body language he considered the man an inferior.

With a dismissive wave of his hand, he gestured for the spacer that he may leave. Every single eye in the bar was waiting to see how the man would react. Many CIS had seen Daxton fight, either during campaigns or during lessons demonstrations, many were wondering how he would react to an actual bar fight, so curiousity was slowly building up as whispers exchanged and bets were laid.

@[member="Daxton Bane"]

"We have witnesses. Affidavits. Some of them from very important people. But if we thought justice could be served with a legalistic slap on the wrist, we'd have gone straight to Rostu. You've said your piece, Bane, and you've declined a challenge from a woman you tortured. In her place, I challenge you to a duel. Justice will be served on you, whether or not you hide behind the cloak of being a Templar. Will your refuse another challenge in front of your people? I more than half expect it. Torture is the mark of a coward."

"Where is your proof? You march in here from under what god knows rock, and think you can throw wild accusations and I am just to accept it? This here is the Confederacy son, we don't take that crap from anyone."

"I asked you a question and you didn't answer. Its simple enough that even a hick like you can understand. Where is my so called accuser? This woman you claim that I have tortured? Before all these witnesses I am challenging you to bring her here before us and make her accusation to my face."

"I will have Jedi Master skilled in the art of Truthreading to be summoned. Under the laws of the Confederacy, I have the right to face my accusers before a jury of my peers. And so I do envoke that right to council, the one who is lying shall be exposed for all to see. Furthermore should you fail to prove your accusations, you will apologize publicly and leave CIS space in peace, never to show that ugly mug to me ever again, is that understood?"

"Unless you're bluffing and there isn't any woman at all and you are just using this as an excuse to start a fight."

Daxton was super cocky, he had the one ace in the hole, that no one in this bar suspected he had and all he needed was for the idiot before him to play right into his hands.

Rayn H'voc

R
Sonja watched as the stranger made a fool of himself in front of so many Confederacy officers. He had wasted his and Daxton's time by coming here and calling him out. "Whether it be true or not, we're celebrating a victory at the moment. Whoever this girl may be, tell her to grow up and let it go. Even if it were Daxton who commited the torturing, it couldn't have been that bad. Ol' Daxton here is a teddy bear. Now just run along back to whatever hole you came from." Sonja chuckled as she leaned back in her chair. "Actually," Sonja leaned back forward towards Jorrus and said, "just send the poor girl my way. She won't be remembering anything when I get through with her." Sonja said with a slightly evil chuckle before downing the rest of her rum.

@[member="Jorus Merrill"] | @[member="Daxton Bane"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom