Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Heretic Station [Knights Obsidian]

bHZzMp.png
Location: Capital Outskirts | Outfit: Straps (Maskless) | Weaponry: Midnight's Kiss & Spear​
Vytal Noctura had chosen to examine powerful artifacts as they could be easily incorporated into the Nightsisters' armament with little resistance. More foreign concepts or technologies could be studied and acquired in her spare time. Even so, the 'Archivist' had not given up being what she had been born to be -- a Nightsister. She spent plenty of time training in quaint gyms, but even more prowling streets or jungles of CIS controlled worlds. All in the interest of artifact study, of course. It didn't feel right loitering in study for too long. Not that she minded; there'd been a number of interesting discoveries as of late. But when the call came in, Vytal knew this mission was made for someone like her...

That is what she believed before arriving on the planet's surface and conjuring her magicks to seize control of the living dead, anyway. The mists swept over a swath of the monsters only for it to have no effect. With her four Sisters empowering the spell, however, Vytal knew that should have broken the dead's control. Unless they were fighting against other, stronger Nightsisters or... or the things empowering the dead tissue could not be overridden by magick so easily.

So be it. Vytal drew her spear and conjured other magicks to hold back the animated corpses. Teeth bared at death itself, the pale woman fought with the local defenders to hold back the horde. She shouted orders to move the many bodies to create choke points and funnel the masses as the front line slowly retreated. There was too much ground to cover and too few bodies; particular too few truly capable of slaughtering so many beasts in her estimation.

Her grip on the darkness would have choked the Force itself were it possible. The Nightsister stalked through the walkways, paths, and corridors of just one of many edges of the capital. Stall the dead. Delay them. Hold them back long enough for the pylons to be dealt with, she commanded. Erect barriers and fortify doorways. Continue restricting their movements so the flesh they had on hand to hold back the tide did not need to worry about being flanked by thoughtless, but relentless beasts.

Once the defenses were painfully adequate, Vytal shot forth. The men (and women) left behind would only slow her down. The huntress flung herself through the dead. She only slowed down long enough to cut them down when she could not quickly evade, leap over, or otherwise avoid the encounter. Slaughter was obviously not the way to overcome their enemy. Vytal focused her eyes on the pylons. If they could slow the growth of the enemy they might have a chance; otherwise the pitiful defenses would fall all too soon.

She lost track of time, just as she'd lost count of how many dead she'd struck down and just as many stood back up again. Vytal managed to strike at what pylons she could, but it was difficult to even guess how many more remain. Ironic, she thought with a sardonic grin, that a Nightsister should be concerned about battling the dead.

Atop a mount, air drawn deep into her lungs and expelled just as quickly, Vytal heard a strange noise. After a second or two she finally realized it was a communicator in her pocket. Her outfit did not have many pockets, and the small confines sealed so contents did not escape. She managed to pull it out in time to hear the end of some man's transmission and that of the Knight Commander. Antares was a woman Vytal could respect, and one the Nightsister did not chaffe following. The Sister's golden eyes swung around in the direction the others were headed. Something more important than the pylons? The grip on her spear tightened once more.

Tag: [member='Madalena Antares'] | [member='Ian Sade'] |[member='Lyra Laurs']​

Taramaz Arcturus

T
3OUWSFX.png

Wearing: Mark-V Odin Armour
Wielding: | Alterra Sidearm Pistol | The Forgemaster's Hammer | Combat Knife |
Tags: [member="Madalena Antares"] [member="Lyra Laurs"]
kU5NxQR.png
Unbeknownst to all the fighting down below, a ship loomed within orbit, a TC-500 Personal Transport. Something only a select few owned, let alone knew of. It's magnificent blood red hull parted slightly, letting out a large figure clad in a highly advanced suit of armour that could compete, and almost definitely beat the armour the Knights Obsidian wore. The hull then closed back in on itself, completing the image again, it's thrusters then fired, pushing it out of orbit, waiting for it's master in the black void of space.

Taramaz fixed his arms, and spread his legs a bit, free falling. As he got closer to the ground, he activated his jump-pack thrusters, twirling to the right, out of the way of a rather large bird of prey. He then pulled back, his HUD locking onto a zombie target, which he then aimed for. He pulled himself back further, almost completely reversing his position. He then spun the thrusters of his jump pack around, and activated them, giving him more momentum as he got closer to the surface. His foot then ripped the head right off a zombie, as his other foot took the whole zombie down. He then grabbed two more by the throat, crushing their necks, letting them go limp and fall to the ground.

Then, he launched his grappling line, right into the skull of another zombie, and yanked, pulling it back towards him, then shoved his fist through it's chest, making a nice, large hole, ensuring it was dead. He then threw it a great distance, landing a few metres infront of his daughter, Lyra. He then pulled a knife out of a sheath on his left breast, and stabbed it into the gut of a zombie, then pulled it out, and slit their throat. He then spun around, kicking another zombie's leg out, making him fall down onto the freshly bloody blade, which he then pulled towards him, a fair bit of blood covering his armour, causing a swear under the distorted voice of the man under the armour.

He then locked eyes with a slightly larger zombie, likely the leader of this small herd. He then raised his right wrist as the zombie broke out into a limp run towards him. He then ran forward, sliding in the dirt, he launched his grapple as he got up on the other side of the zombie, and wrapped it around the back of his neck as the zombie spun around. He pulled the garrote tight, then head butted the zombie a few times, bashing it's skull into a fine mush. He then took his helmet off, and grabbed a bunch of grass, wiping the visor and helmet moderately clean of fleshy bits, but blood still remained. He then put the helmet back on, and tapped the side of his head.

"Executor Taramaz Laurs reporting in."

He then just lowered his hand, standing in the midst of his handiwork, in a once beautiful field, now covered in blood and gore. To his left was his daughter, and to his right, Commander Antares' squad.

bHZzMp.png

The wildfire across the river was... what was the word he was looking for?..unnatural in the manner it were spreading.

"Affirmative...message received Commander Antares. Will hold position." He were eyeing the wildfire across from him as he answered.
For some odd reason the f seemed to travel and spread like burning tentacles were leading it..like the fire itself had it's will. And it were against that of nature, against the direction of the wind.
Sade had swam across the river to both get clear of the raging fires and to get to the Destat estates. Taking a moment to look back on the wildfire raging across the open meadow, as he waited to be picked up by what he perceived as CIS allies, and taken note on the wind's direction. It were steadily at his back, yet the fire was drawing closer on the opposite side of the riverbank.

Then he spotted it.
The first burning body..........then the second...
"Shiet!..." He realized now as to they why the fire was spreading like blazing fingers and fighting the direction of the wind itself. There were bodies burning and they were leading the fire through the grass.
"What the Hell did they unleash on us?" he said to himself, not quite yet knowing as to whom were behind such a assault on Castagne.

KABOOM!!!.... a distant explosion were heard through the smoke and flames across the river. He couldn't see what it were that had actually exploded. He could only ascertain that it were likely the transport that he had crash landed with. It must have blown up, as he had managed to evacuate it before the fire had gotten to it.
But he had expected that...not the burning dead that were spreading the fire through the meadow. And as luck would have it, one by one the burning corpse of the walking dead started to spot him. Maybe they had spotted him earlier when he crash landed... just that he had not been aware of them, up until now.

He pulled out his concealed firearm, checking on the clip's charge when one of the burning carcasses appeared on the opposite side of the river. It somehow seemed to have sensed him, despite it's head and eyes were all but charring flesh and bones. How it could move while it continued to burn as such was beyond known science. But it continued on toward him from across the other bank before another appeared and did the same.

Sade stood his ground as the first burning dead walked into the river, snuffing out the flames as the river rose to his knees, then his torso, before the current took it, sweeping him down stream. same with the second and the rest coming out of the blaze they created heading or trying to head toward his position. But as with the first, once the corpse got chest deep, the river took them off their feet and downstream they went.

"Hell has surely returned for some payback..." He muttered, somehow getting an all too familiar feeling this was no random attack by the sith. He had experienced the living dead... Castagne had once lead a secret research on reanimating the dead. But that research had been shut down not a decade or more ago. His heart rate climbed as he were putting a few pieces together. Something similar but to no means as adverse as he were just witnessing had been unleashed on Melida/Dan over a year prior.
And of what later followed with [member="Nine Lives"] and Tarssin's daughter [member="Karlie Lynn Destat"]...

"Commander Antares... " He got back on the comm.
"....what's your ETA? I need to get to Viceroy Tarssin Destat's estate, stat..." He shook his head, witnessing by now more than a dozen similar burning carcasses trying to get to his side, only to be extinguished in the moving water and be carried away. he knew sooner or later one if not several would eventually get to this side of the river maybe a kilometer or more downstream. But that wouldn't deter what was driving them to get to the same estates. He had some time, but himself on foot, he wouldn't have much lead over them, should they make this side of the river.

He put his weapon back in his concealed holster
"Change in plan, commander....
I'll be on the move in the direction of the estates... it's imperative that we get the personnel inside secured." Little did he know what had orchestrated all this chaos had already claimed their prize.

[member="Madalena Antares"]
[member="Lyra Laurs"]

Rigor stared hard at [member="Karlie Lynn Destat"].

"Oh, lets not get too sentimental. I did choose to try and kill you after all. I just felt a little more bad about it then I usually do..." Rigor replied calmly, though there was no amusement or smile in her voice or face. She began pushing Karlie's cart to some nearby scanning devices, injecting her with maximum strength painkillers as she couldn't afford to have the now-out-of-her-depth Karlie to thrash about in pain. She didn't need much, but she would be getting marrow samples. Bits of skin and muscle tissue. Hair, obviously. Blood samples.

Rigor prepped the machines, getting out a small, surgical extraction drill, a few scalpels

"You'll survive...Way I see it, you won our prior bout fair and square. Killing you now would just make me a sore loser. I won't undo the block I put in...nothing wrong with being a 'little' spiteful..." Rigor joked grimly. "And before you ask, no, bombarding your father's capital is not ny idea of spiteful. That's all just...misdirection...distraction..." Rigor trailed, setting up a mechanical arm with a camera attached over Karlie's eyes.

"All to get what that fiend you just had the displeasure of meeting wants. Sick feth. I'd keep away from her." Rigor muttered. "If only I could..."

Rigor looked down at Karlie with a distance to her gaze.

"You wanna know why I chose not to skip you?" Rigor asked before rolling her eyes and slapping her forehead. "Wait, what am I saying...of course you want to know..." she trailed, taking a nearby pair of sterilized sheers and snipping a bit of hair off.

"I had debated it, with myself..." Rigor mused, prepping the instruments. "The clones were imperfect, but habitable. Pain like being stabbed when you are in one. I know this because I tried clones before. But I was willing to do it. But then you just had to go and make your dead pet walk..."

Meanwhile...

Vera listened to each suggestion posed. Vera liked both ideas because both promised a unique and distinct type of suffering. It was actually difficult for her to choose. But eventually Vera found herself more partial to the plan [member="Scherezade deWinter"] posited over the one [member="Kurenai Yumi"] had.

"Causing controlled breaches like that, while fun, I think would be a large gamble. All it takes is one screw up and we'll take ourselves out. Scherezade's funnel plan might take longer but I think it carries less risk. Of course, I'm the newbie here, so maybe I'm just being risk averse. Plus, if we go with her plan, we'll paint the town red. This place could really use a dash of it, if you don't mind my saying..." Vera joked, though her enhanced hearing picked up the sound of approaching lightsabers.

Vera's heart skipped a beat as she realized she was going to have to kill Karlie clones going with deWinter's plan. She quickly reasoned that while they might look like Karlie they were not, so they were nothing but food.

"Whatever we do, we must decide quickly...I sense our plan will not be so cut and dry once the enemy arrives...and they arrive soon..." Vera trailed, deciding she would not linger and just kill the clones quickly...she wanted to get to Karlie, and drawing out the deaths of people wearing her face was sending unpleasant feedback signals into her processors.

Gear: Operator Class Armor-KO Pathfinder Boots-Shatory Reishūkaku-Mk1 Shadow Rifle-saber
Allied Peps: [member="Krystal Estain"] [member="Scherezade deWinter"] [member="Vera Mina"]
Objective: Make some holes

Planning while in the middle of an operation brought back many fond memories for the Dark Jedi, it showed that some manner of familiarity between a group and was a decent indication for their ability to work together. Even if she had never met the two other women and Scherezade at best was a acquaintance she felt each could be trusted to do their part once crap hit the fan, which there was a very good chance of such happening.

Kurenai idly nodded towards the conversation while getting fully changed into her spare set of armor,tightening the various straps and webbing as the other 3 women contemplated the coming plan. "deWinters, I can cover you once the job is done easily, heck I'll carry you back to safety if I need... you don't look very heavy". Even without force powers Kurenai was confident she could sling the green eyed women over shoulders and run a marathon, but that might come off as a little rude.

Her hand grasped for varying weapons, giving a small nod to each of those present, "I believe that we should start now least the incoming enemy catch us with our pants down, deWinters, show us what needs done and I'll cover you". "Not sure what your names are but make sure nothing sneaks up behind us and that a fallback position is kept in mind if things screw up, last thing I need is being sucked into space and burning up in the planets atmosphere because someone forgot to open a door".

Karlie Lynn Destat

Conspiracy Theorist and Investigator (IBI)
"W...wait..." it were typical of one, anyone who would find themselves bound and unable to move...and in some godforsaken dungeon. Ok, so this particular chambers of horror wasn't situated under some dilapidated medieval castle or of some psycho's old mother's mansion. This were taking place somewhere in high orbit over her own planet hosted by her very own mother.
"...wait....please listen to me...." Karlie was in a panic, or as close to one as she normally would get when finding herself in situations such as this one.
And nothing for nothing, if she would ever get a chance to compare this moment with that of a year ago when she found herself in a black ops CIS chamber of horrors (unbeknownst to Karlie that the Amalgam had indeed been present there too), she'd have to rate this experience as being by far the worst.
Hey, it were her own mother here about to put her under the knife so to speak.

"...m...mom..." Yes, she were resorting to call her as such. "...mom, please....please listen...

"You don't have to do this." She said, not aware as to the many times those lines had been the main staple cry of a blonde in similar scenes of a horror flick.
Only in this scenario, it were for real and the panic was genuine and not at all rehearsed. Still, through the blur of soggy eyes and labored breath from hyperventilating, her mind was racing for a window...an opportunity to stave off what her wicked mother had planned for her.
Karlie were no longer the child her mother once knew. She were a woman now in her physical prime...pretty much when her mother at that age sought out a proper new virile male for her to birth a new daughter and start the cycle over. But one may well ask now as to what could the price of bacta have any thing to do with banta livestock?
Nothing.
It were what all that was churning about in Karlie's head as to how to stop her mother from doing what she feared would happen to her. After all, the poor girl was again strapped down from head to toe...as it seemed that way to her. Mobility other than her vision was zero. The Amalgam or whoever that queen was had done an efficient job at securing her bonds. Karlie's struggle did little to even cause bruises up her arms and legs. queen!

"Mom..." her cries were desperate as the witch rambled on and on about-
Well, about nothing by which karlie were paying attention to as far as what was specifically being said. All the poor blond knew was that her mother were gloating, as her father had said she would. THAT, and the freakin surgical apparatuses and syringes that she caught in her peripheral while being carted around by her wicked mother.

"...mom..listen..
Really, listen to me...
There are other means...
I....I can help you...
I can help us..together...I'm not a little girl anymore.
i'm...I'm you." Yea...yea, that was the ticket...

"You failed..failed miserably.
I broke down the Melida virus code...neutralized it...made it into a common cold.
I...I made it into a programmable virus...." The stock exchange on womp-rat entrails is currently at it's all time low. What ever Karlie were trying to say made as much sense to her mother as it would to someone interested in investing in the galactic stock market.

"MOM!!!...." Nope the witch was already prepping her for some horrid pain she could not even dare to phantom.
"MOm!...you'll fail and keep failing. You need me on your side!
We're....we're two like minds. We can help each other...
You do this and you'll loose me forever...
MOM, STOP IT!!...." Karlie cried out, now her vision totally a blur, she were crying/pleading desperately for a minute more to get through to the other blonde blur that had once been a nurturing mother to her as a child.
Karlie couldn't much at all see as she couldn't wipe her own tears and the salts from those very tears..or was it from the cold sweat? Whatever! She couldn't see, but could hear the clanking of instrumental paraphernalia. She knew those sounds well enough, as she herself had much experiences with them or the like. Whatever they were that her mom were planning to do with them, wasn't to her best interest.

"I can help you! We can find the means to end all this together...we can be together...like we were..." She started to cry now more from what she missed as a young girl upon discovering that her mom had been chased away than from the impending fear of what was about to come down on her.

"Mom....you -"...no, no...try again.
"I loved you...." Karlie quieted down for a moment.

Taking another breath of air..maybe her last, she squinted, looking up at the blur that semi-focused on the features of her mother. "Mom...I'm midi free...there's... there's no getting around the fact that you can't inhabit my body. The Sebrix project that I spearheaded is irreversible...
You can only take me apart piece by piece and have me scream till you allow me to die. But that's all you'll achieve is my death, nothing else." Karlie took a breath and swallowed dry, her throat so dry...

"You and I are one of a kind...our minds are brilliant" Yea, she were good at talking herself up...for real.

"Together we can find the means, the solution to this..whatever this is...
I know we can. But you need me more by your side than as an empty vessel...because that is what I made myself to be to rid your ghost.
Mom...we can work on this together..." It were difficult to stay focused as the stinging of her salty tears (and sweat of course) were fighting her.

"Mom...just think for a moment....all you've done is put off the inevitable for so, so long.." Karlie didn't know how many thousands of years this had gone on with her mother.

"You have the means of helping you end all this and it's right here in front of you now...me.
Mom...let us be what we were meant to be...mother and daughter..."

[member="Vera Mina"]

bHZ4Wf.png
Wearing: Armor | Pathfinder Boots | The Forgemaster's Ring | Ring of Stasis | Sofitor
Wielding: 10 Czerka knives | 2 Nastirci Combat Knives | Copero's Wail | Fire and Smoke (lightsabers) | Combat Gauntlets | Knight Obsidian Sword | 2 TOTT-001 Arc Light Blaster | 2 Dissuader K-30 Pistols with Glitter Bullets
Tags: [member="Kurenai Yumi"] [member="Trajan"] [member="Krystal Estain"] [member="Vera Mina"]
x7K6md.png
Scherezade nodded. Her idea ad been the one selected from the few they had, so now they were going to actually have to find a way to get their enemy to send all the clones out at the same time. But how did you do that? Sure, she could taunt them… They could all taunt them, but would that be enough?

The Sithling grinned. She had another one of those utterly wicked ideas.

"Here's what we do," she said, walking to the nearest wall mounted terminal and inserting her small disc on key into it. "Albatross, give me announcement overriding access to this system."

Turning to the other ladies, she smiled warmly. "A colleague of mine, who does the whole slicing thing. Give her a few minutes-" she added, looking as Pathfinder Yumi apparently had time to change her entire gear. Good. That meant they had the time. It was perhaps two minutes later that the soft light in her disc on key turned from gray to a blinking purple. It was done.

Scherezade walked to the place where she had plugged it in, knowing the small nano-camera would pick everything up.

"Hey Heretic Station," she said with a lovely warm smile, "this is the Confederacy speaking. We have taken hold of your system and I'm about to destroy your artificial gravity. You know what that means, don't you? It means you are all going to die. Can you kill me and my comrades before that happens? Can you find this device and disconnect it before this place drops into Castagne's orbit and burns you all to a crispy fiery death? Let's find out!"

Turning the device off, Scherezade turned to the other women and smiled. It was a completely mad plan. And crazy. And might not even work. "I heard about this really great place on the planet that serves bantha wings. Should we go there when this is done?" she asked with the innocence and bubbliness of a child.

Ravenfire

King of Pumpkins
bHZ4Wf.png
Equipment: Spell book, lots of force powers​
Allies: Undead, whoever else is on the station​
Tags: [member="Kurenai Yumi"] @Trajan @Krystal Estain [member="Vera Mina"]​
Darth Ayesh had been through many worlds, many stations, she had attempted to assist the sith empire only for it to backfire on her in a way that had left her without many choices left. But the souls of jedi she had taken on lothal while watching the sith had been useful. Gave her a small force of the undead to play with in more ways than most would. Perhaps if the sith had only payed any amount of attention to her then she wouldn't still be wandering the galaxy.

Why she was here was a little difficult for even her to discern. She had felt something rather powerful here and decided to show up on the station. Droids had met her almost instantly and didn't pose too much of a challenge. Few force powers here and there and more undead lost than she would have liked to later and her she was quietly wandering the station with what remained of her undead forces. She would sigh before she heard over the public announcements about someone planning to turn off the stations anti grav systems.

She used her force powers and witch spells to attempt to find where the announcement was coming from. It took her longer than she would have liked and only had a very general idea of where that might be and began moving in that direction zapping some more droids as she went. "Let's just hope whoever they are, well are powerful. Knowledgeable would be nice but powerful will do." Her undead moved around her over the walls quickly dispatching most foes she might face.

Blueberry flavored Sith
bHZzMp.png
All it took was reading the mission briefing for Keva to know these people never would've stood a chance without massive casualties. Wasted casualties at that. And to defend a city? It was Child's Play, even for the rather meager CDF presence that had been brought in alongside the Knights. Their mission was, fundamentally, irrelevant to the Chiss in the wide run. She was here to defend, and to be the unbreakable iron bulwark while the rambunctious sort did their work.

It was chaos, as war was, but Keva was an icy cool. Hands clasped behind her back as she paced alongside her army and their pounding blaster bolts, thudding cannons, with the whir of circuits and engines. It was far less than what the Colonel could've brought to the field of war. Her cape billowed in the wind, the Chiss closed her eyes briefly. Taking in the icy air and the noises of distant battle, but like the machines she commanded she snapped into action. Launching out a finger and shouting out commands in her native tongue.

"Ch'ascetasei! Tin'vuzset vosihn!"

And with that shouted command, the HAG tanks locked into the ground, their cannons raising to the sky as blanket artillery fire was spat outside the city at any incoming enemies. To both annihilate any unfortunate enough to be stuck, and to simply desecrate the terrain outside the city as makeshift barriers.

"This is Colonel Keva'Sol'Loro. My army is strong still. Sit-Rep?"

Even in that brief fraction of time, Keva knew the battlefield could wildly change. Though, Keva couldn't help but notice her heavily accented basic had actually reached a usual level.

bHZzMp.png

Three kilometers later...

The smoke from the burning field could still be see in the distance behind him. Sade was treking on foot through the opposite grasslands across the river. These were part of the Destat Estates and he still figured on another 30 or so kilometers to go before he'd reach the grand manor.

For the most part one could say it were serene...quiet. Seemed none of the pods or pylons had dropped this side of Eden....
Just the trail of distant smoke ahead , most likely from the estate and the plume behind him just a few kilometers past across the river that broke the false sense of calmness. It were like he were passing through the eye of a hurricane.

"Commander Antares... come in." Sade tried to raise communications again with one of the allied CIS forces.
But since he had started toward the Destat Estates, there had been little contact, just garble and static. There was a war..an epidemic and whatever else this was that were befalling on Castagne. Sade had dropped from the Castan SD Tecknor in a transport to get to the estates and had somehow found himself shot down by some wayward battery or missile...most likely what was called friendly fire. Friendly fire , what poodoo.

"Repeat..Commander Antares, are you still active?
This is Colonel Sade of Castan High Command...are we reaching?..over?"
Sade was not keen on any CIS forces present on Castagne. Most if not all were all hyped on glory disregarding the very systems they were called upon to assist. In his heart, he had wished for Castagne to have never made the deal with the devil himself.. *Darth Metus. But Sade was a soldier by all accounts and loyal to both his system and it's Cabinet head, which by new decree since joining the CIS was now called a Viceroy.

This trek was all he could do. Having had a glimmer of hope that an actual CIS commander would have not only responded but picked him up had been quickly deteriorating with every kilometer he were walking. Hell, by the time he got to the estate which were another 30k or so, he'd have a mind set to despise the Confederacy altogether.

"Hailing anyone operating or engaging West of the capital at these transmitted coordinates, I need immediate assistance to reach the Destat Estates. Repeat, this is Colonel Sade of Castan High Command...are we reaching anyone?"
Sade took another look back from where he came from. the smoke was still present, indicative that he fields across the river were still ablaze. Good, maybe all the burning walking corpse would turn to cinder too. It were one way to look at a disaster positively...

[member="Lyra Laurs"]
...anyone!

bHZzMp.png

He gave the break-away command.
"Looks like you rustlers can take care the rest of the herd...going to Resident One...Maverick out"

Bo broke lead from the formation and gunned his Castan LCX-3 due West.
He had not picked up the weak signal transmitted from [member="Ian Sade"] but had indeed been informed of a breech in the primary residency of the Viceroy's home, the Destat Estates. Of course that was about the same time that a horde of pods dropped down upon the capital of Castantine and Bo, along with a commandeered squadron took to shooting down anything that their sensors picked up without a pulse. naturally this became a bit tricky with inbound CIS allies which had been called in to assist. But despite some initial miscommunications, the CIS and Castan security transponders got aligned...but not without a reported incident or two of friendly fire.

The fighter shot past across the capital and towards the open expanse that would lead to the Viceroy's estates. Bo could see the damage across the said countryside...fires. Fires that had seemed to spread like fingers toward the river that spanned across the countryside and marked the estate's Eastern border.
His monitor picked up the burning carcasses of the walking dead which had lit the fields. This were no mere coincidence. The reanimated corpses were ablaze and had zeroed in toward the estate. the only thing which stopped their encroachment was the river itself...and it was doing it's job. The burning corpses were no match for it's current and one by one as the burning corpses went to cross the river swept them down stream...extinguishing them out.

It was when he made a low pass crossing of the river, when he picked up what was a rather weak Castan High Security band.
It took no time to boost it's signal to have Bo recognize it as his superior intelligence officer, Ian Sade.

There was no need in hailing the colonel as he were within sight range the moment he identified the signal. Bo made a quick pass, thundering around the young Colonel before coming down for a landing and possible pick-up.

[member="Lyra Laurs"]
[member="Ian Sade"]

bHZzMp.png

Wearing: Obsidian Strike Armor
Wielding: Dyntech Power Staff | Yrkaa Sidearm
Tags: [member="Ian Sade"] [member="Lyra Laurs"] [member="Vytal Noctura"] [member="Taramaz Laurs"] [member="Keva"] [member="Boriskno Fel Set"]

be6PS6.png

Madalena could feel the darkness spreading, knew there was someone working with that side of the Force, and she smiled, the sweat pouring down her face and back burdening her slightly less for the moment. More enforcements were arriving, more combatants on their side were coming. That was good. Later, later she would admit to her superiors that things did not look positive from the start, that she was genuinely worried that the ground combat, despite the best of their efforts, would be lost. But not now. Never to those actively fighting. And with just a touch of luck – her report would include the tides changing halfway through.

Still making her way to Archivist Laurs and the man called Ian Sade, Madalena smiled in relief for a second time as she received word that another Knight Obsidian had joined them – Executor Taramaz Laurs. Laurs and Laurs... Well, now was not the time to ask about any of it. She could sense the man coming in, knew the fighting was ensuing. This… This was a harder battle than even Eshan had been to her. Unless the dead were truly dead, and by that, burned crisp so that their corpses no longer even existed, they simply kept rising up.

The plan was clear – once they had Archivist Laurs and Ian Sade, they would make the pylons their target again.

Ian Sade reached out to her, asking about an ETA. "Seven minutes!" Madalena screamed over the sound of war and battle, but the man decided to move to the estates. He was not under her direct command and the Knight Commander could not order him to do otherwise and expect consequences if he did not listen (other than get munched on by zombies, but that wasn't it).

But that meant that now Laurs and Sade were split – two different places.

And then came the message from Colonel Keva'Sol'Loro.

"Good to have you onboard, Colonel," Madalena sent back, "I need you to target the pylons. If you can reach those closest to the city – start with those. Any zombies you see coming towards you, burn. Of all methods we've attempted thus it was the only to permanently work."

Looking up, Madalena looked for the one that had been working the darkside ([member="Vytal Noctura"]). Reaching forward with her presence in the Force, she send the person behind those deeds a message, along with a mental image of Archivist Laurs ([member="Lyra Laurs"]). Can you find this one? She asked, find her, and bring her to the Viceroy's mansion. We will rendezvous at the dockyard.

As for [member="Ian Sade"], she did not receive his comms. Whatever it was that was jamming the communications, there was only static and gurgling noise coming through on her end as well. "Sade?" she asked, trying to mess with the device for a few moments before the new wave of undead began to come much too close for comfort.

That left for her to make her way to the estate now. What she needed… Was a ship. And she knew just where to get one. The Destat estate might have been a few dozen kilometers away, but the dockyard was not. They were going to go and grab a ship for the trip.

"After me!" she commanded those who were still with her. They were going to have to burn their way there. And they would do just that.

bHZzMp.png
Location: Capital Outskirts | Outfit: Straps (Maskless) | Weaponry: Midnight's Kiss & Spear​
Dockyard. Vytal's eyes turned in the direction of the Knight Commander as she jabbed her spear into the face of another abomination. Lyra Laurs. The Archivist? What was an Archivist doing here? Nevermind the fact Vytal herself had originally joined up with them in order to examine objects of power. It had seemed more of interest than some weird religion of the Mandragora. Of course that would later change as the ranks shifted and the religion became less prevalent.

The Nightsister drew in a deep breath as her eyes scanned the battlefield. With a swipe Vytal called forth the dark green of ichor that billowed about the Witch. "Find Lyra. Find the Archivist. Take her to me," she hissed as her spear twirled overhead only to crack into the skull of another mindless beast. Without delay the energy surged through the ranks of living dead.

Vytal shot after it, her path that of the magick that knocks the dead aside. It became clear she neared one of the many pylons present where a figure seemed to be working to bring it down, much as Vytal had earlier to others of its kind. False pylons intended to extend the march of the dead. "Archivist Laurs," she shouted on approach, unconcerned about stealth given the nature of the enemy. You did not need to sneak up on a horde of dead. "We must make for the dockyard now." The green mist faded from view at the other woman's feet, its purpose fulfilled.

She turned to face the battlefield as she addressed the woman, "The Commander calls upon us to join her."

Once more, the green mists rose about the pale one. "Time to leave." Both hands wove through the air before her, tendrils of green encircling them. Vytal thrust her hands outward to send streamers rocketing across the field and in the direction of the dockyard. There wasn't time to be delayed by shambling creatures desperate to lay hands on the living.

If Laurs had to be dragged to the dockyard, Vytal would do it, but she doubted it was necessary. If the Commander called it was their duty to answer. Yes, the Archivist would come, and they would join together in crushing their enemy once and for all.

Tag: [member="Madalena Antares"] | [member="Lyra Laurs"]

Blueberry flavored Sith
bHZzMp.png

[SIZE=11pt]The thundering of artillery was soothing to Keva, like music to her ears knowing the enemy was being blasted to shreds. But, thankfully, she was given a comm response this time around. It was a simple and utterly basic command to her: coordinated collateral. Perfect.[/SIZE]

“Understood. They will be destroyed in no time.”

[SIZE=11pt]Keva turned, shouting out more orders, and with a surprising grace for someone in such a stiff looking uniform she hopped aboard her AAT. That beloved command tank that seemed to follow the weak looking Chiss wherever she went. Flicking her comm again, she spoke to her ship in orbit. It was time to cause some destruction.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]“K'aszuso K'ticah, launch fighters on my position. Prepare cannons for orbital strike if need be, coordinates pending.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Her commands were quick, brutal, and efficient. Just like how she waged her wars it seemed, and with that last command. Any artillery that could fire on Pylons turned their guns to commence blanket bombardment, otherwise, the host of Keva began it’s advance. Drown the enemy under hordes of plasma bolts and crushing metal feet. [/SIZE]

bHZzMp.png

"Pft..." Sade scoffed at the general busting his chops.

"Now's not the time, Bo"...he replied buckling up, as the fighter took to the air again.
"Were it different circumstances, I'd be toasting my own roast..." It were in response to Bo ( [member="Boriskno Fel Set"] ) busting on him for being top ICI and the last to know. The Destat Estates no longer had priority as the reports indicated; Tarssin's daughter had been taken...hours ago.

Sade's comm had been out for the most part since he was shot down. The circumstances of whether or not it were friendly fire would likely never come to light...not with so many die hard CIS yahoos indiscriminately hammering everything without a proper transponder. And who was really to fault, as the ICI an intelligence agency would not be flying about with call letters blasting they were ICI.
Yep, most likely he were shot down by friendly fire. And of course then his personal comm which by the way had been designed to survive some extreme conditions..unduly had failed.

Bo by the way, was Marine general in the Castan military command. Sade on the other hand held rank of Colonel in the ICI executive branch, an Intelligence bureau, which superseded military ranks. The ranking system between military and Castan Intelligence didn't follow a parallel rank and file. As thus Sade could indeed be the general's superior, which he could easily do by commandeering. Something which he had never done with Bo. There was history between the two. One in particular was that Bo had trained Sade when he were a young lieutenant in actual combat. It were of an era that perhaps it's ghosts had come back to haunt this system.
Both men had partaken in Castan's Civil war not a decade and a half ago. And unbeknownst to both men and most of Castagne that very ghost had returned with fervor.

"Still have to verify it. Can't well present Tarssin with garbled messages from White House security that his daughter was taken." Damn, Sade had a feeling everything in the estates had already gone to hell by the time he got there...even if he had not been shot down. Still, his priority were the Viceroy's daughter...that little- no...
No she weren't little any more. Not by a long shot.
Sade had come to know her since she were like 10 years of age when he were first indoctrinated into the ICI. He had just come out of the academy, a young Lieutenant. It were at the Eve of what was to become the Castan Civil War. A strife that ran through House Destat. Namely Tarssin's then known beloved wife, Karla Lynset. It had been discovered that the woman were an enemy of the state, who had seemingly orchestrated a coop to take control of House Destat and much, much more.
If it hadn't been for Tarssin himself stopping her-

Sade snapped out of memory lane when the estates, still smoldering and looking like some special ops team hit it came fully into view.
Bo set their fighter down and were immediately met by the estate's remaining security...at least a lieutenant.
The news was as Sade figured. But he'd have to detail the findings himself to Tarssin. He'd need accurate and confirmed details and he needed it like an hour ago.

"What bot?...a military droid?...sim-flesh charred and...it went missing between retrieval and transport?" These were details not yet reported, as the security staff had no way of reporting it. Not without the remnants of the said charred bot.

"Where was it discovered?" Sade inquired, looking over to where Bo had gone off too. Sade had an idea as to what could have been the bot, but he needed more info to assert that, and not jump to conclusion.
The said missing bot had indeed been recovered from the chamber's collapse. A collapse which Sade upon entering the area easily recognized as a thermal detonator having gone off.
The recovered surviving video recordings confirmed it going off once Tarssin's daughter had been secured and hauled out... seemingly kicking and squirming.
'Yup, t'was Karlie to the end...' Sade nodded to self, before the device went off in the recordings. All that were recorded for the minutes following were turrets of flames and clouds of dust before it eventually settled and cleared. The estate's fire suppression by the time the dust cleared had extinguished most, if not all of the fires. The following minutes (he were fast forwarding) showed the rescue teams freeing from the collapse of the chambers the charred remains of what had been identified as a bot... unlike anything else around that had been charred, being body bagged.

Sade stopped the video and withdrew the entire original memory string recordings of the scene. He had that authority.
About the time that he did, Bo (Boriskno) had come around to his location again. The general gave his assessment as to the avenue of infiltration...it were precise as if they had homed in on Tarssin's daughter.
Sade had seen the recordings prior to hell breaking out. Karlie had been in the presence of the very same individual that he had met on Castle Morpheus. [member="Nine Lives"] so called employee, [member="Vera Mina"].
He knew of Vera...
Had met her...and had experienced Vera first hand. Sade had frozen the recording of Vera and @Karlie Lyn Destat just before the attack on the estate.
And he had also isolated, gone over the very clip of Vera fighting off the attackers...all the way to the point of the detonator going off.
She were the bot that the rescue team had found in the rubble!

"Huh?.." Sade turned to the general's question as to what he had found, when Bo approached him.
"...an underlying ally it appears." Sade replied, twisting the truth. There was more to this relationship between Nine's employer Vera and Karlie. Friends? Sade knew it were wishful thinking as to it's extent.
Yes, a friend could indeed die for another. But there was much more to the fury of the woman than trying to save a friend...much, much more.
Her fury were like fire... raging...consuming pure oxygen.
Vera weren't fighting for herself...she were fighting for Karlie. Had apparently even died for the blonde? If such a thing could indeed die.

Sade had already taken the string of recordings before Bo had come over to inquire and report as to his own findings. They were as the general concluded. only Sade didn't confirm it. He didn't have to...he were ICI. Only Tarssin would get his full report..and that of the general of course.

Where had they taken Tarssin's daughter? And what was the deal with the bot that had mysteriously been misplaced?.
"I wouldn't be concerned about trying to locate the charred remains of that bot they reported loosing." Sade replied, making his way out of the ruined chambers.

"Hate to do this to you, old friend...but I'm commandeering your fighter." he informed the general.

Taramaz Arcturus

T
3OUWSFX.png
Wearing: Mark-V Odin Armour
Tags: [member="Madalena Antares"] [member="Lyra Laurs"]​
kU5NxQR.png

Taramaz looked at his knife, twirling it in his fingers. He stood there for a few minutes, listening to the radio chatter of his fellow Knights Obsidian. He was then presented with an option, make his way across the field in one direction, and unleash his relatively small arsenal, and hope to take down one pylon on the outskirts, that was not being targeted by Defense Force Fire, if one even existed. Or, the other, sprint through a surprisingly large horde of zombies, which he counted to be atleast 20 strong, likely get taken down a few times, and eventually make his way, intact or not, to the mansion, where he'd assumed the rest of his group were meeting. Both not great alternatives to either, with an equal and strong chance of him dying.

In the end, he decided to make his way to the mansion. He then cautioned a look over to his side, his helmet scanning for his daughter, but he was too far missplaced, and did not see her. He then hung his head for a moment, hoping that she was alright. He then raised his head, shoved his combat knife back in it's sheath, and grabbed his rifle, checking it's ammo count. Empty, and he hadn't fired a shot. He knocked the magazine further into the gun, until it clicked, and the rifle showed a full ammo count. He then took the safety off, and started sprinting towards the mansion.

As he approached the group of zombies, he ploughed into a bulk of them, atleast five, at full sprint. He knocked them over easily, then slid to a stop, dislocating the jaw of one infront of him with the stock of his rifle, then kicked it down. He then spun around, firing a few shots off, causing the zombie's to stumble back a bit from the force of the shot. He then spun around, knocking another zombie back with his fist, then fired a decent twenty rounds into it's torso, until it collapsed. Seconds later, it started to rise again. He kicked it back down, realizing his ammunition was useless, in response, he refocused on the mansion, and started sprinting again, once he'd reached the edge of the group, a strong hand grabbed his ankle, causuing him to trip.

He fell, and rolled onto his back, unloading the rest of his magazine into the horde, keeping them back. He then bashed the one holding onto his ankle with his gun a few times, causing it to grunt very angrily, and release him. He got up, putting his gun on his back, and aimed his wrist at the horde, unleashing torrents of flame at the horde, buying him precious minutes. He turned around, and began sprinting to the mansion again.

Minutes into the long sprint, his HUD spotted a group of humanoids, apparently lead by what appeared to be a human woman. Upon sighting them, he grabbed his rifle again, and grabbed another magazine, slamming it in, and slowed down, to a fast walk. He then raised his rifle, his eye down the sights, taking aim. The blood'n'bits covered Executor approached, he then lowered his gun, he recognized their armour. They were Knights. He flicked the voice distorter on his helmet off, and approached the woman leading them, in his newly-repainted, blood red armour.

"Executor Taramaz Laurs. And you are?"

He announced his presence, coming from the group's general left-ish area, out of sight of most of them.

Darth Rigor sighed as [member="Karlie Lynn Destat"] pleaded for her life. Her face expressed only a stern ness however.

"You are not the first to promise that. Nor are you the first to plead. You think I enjoy doing this...you are incorrect..."

Rigor looked around the lab, then at Karlie.

"The pain grows so bad I eventually can't think. Nothing but the tissue that was the closest to me genetically for me to inhabit could ease the pain of my particular burden. You know what I'm talking about. That cute psycho you woke up to told me you had a nasty three days in a blacksite. Picture your time at said black site, but now its all the fething time. That is me in a nutshell.

Listening to Karlie's plees genuinely disturbed Rigor though the naturally stoic Sith refused to show anything. Though she was impressed when Karlie told her about curing one of her "home brews" that had destroyed Melida. She had never known what the stuff Karlie had used to kill all her Midi's had been called. Rigor looked at her tools, thought about that time back when Karlie had visited that lake that channeled the dead. She had visited, mostly insane from pain as a ghost, and said something along the lines of still feeling something for her. Breathing again, she questioned why she had bothered. It had led only back to this.

"I lost the right to be anyone's mother after I killed the first. Its good you cut yourself off when you did...you'd be as miserable as I am now...more even. I went crazy when I learned it was permanent..." Rigor muttered, calmly preparing each tool.

"My problem is spiritual. It can't be isolated in a mere test tube...and you have already cut yourself off from the spiritual..."

Just then [member="Scherezade deWinter"] sent a message that echoed through the station. Rigor went slack with surprise. Then she started swearing an impressive and ghastly number of curses.

"Those maniacs..." she hissed in rage after she stopped swearing. She looked down at Karlie. Debated it purely on risk assessment.

There was something quite...disturbing...watching this grown woman weep and plead for her life. Rigor wasn't sure Karlie meant any of it...after all, if their positions were reversed.

"I can't be a mother..." Rigor said to Karlie out of the blue. "I've been an animal and a parasite too long...I made my decisions...anything to avoid the pain."

Rigor undid the restraints. She no longer felt like collecting the samples.

"Just like now..." Rigor said, turning her back on Karlie. "Escape pods are unfortunately a few decks below you. My clone is preoccupied making sure that the station doesn't burn. Best time to try and slip away is now..."

A much younger version of Rigor's voice sounded back throughout the station, ordering the cultists and undead beings maintained by unnatural means to attack with everything they had.

"This changes nothing..." Rigor added, still not looking at her as she walked away. "All the other ones before you are still dead. And I'm still a monster. If you are wise...you will not forget that..."

Rigor walked off into the darkness, clutching the hair sample of a midi free progeny, leaving Karlie alone on the table.

Meanwhile...

Vera smiled as deWinter made the announcement. Such bloodthirsty craziness! It was always refreshing to see that in an organic!

"I never eat...bantha wings..." Vera explainedas she suggested a restuarant.

As an afterthought, almost like the universe was urging her to make an obligatory vampire reference, she then added (And received 400 XP in the process) "And I never drink...juma..." (Verbal reference dodge and fake out success! 30 XP)

And then...came the shrieking.

A door opened on the far end. The Karlie clones red robed like they were hiding from the big bad wolf, screamed pointing lightsabers at everyone present.

Vera grimaced forced to remind herself that they were not Karlie as she cut into their imperfect, vat grown flesh, clearly a rush job as their innards started to spill out from the sword, showering her once again in gore as her pearl white blade ripped and tore into everything like an axe murderer that had just learned to work a proper blade, a sick, glass expression of glee on her evil, evil red eyed blueberry face as blood and bits of torn away bone bounced off it, her fists and boots collapsing ribcage and skull as she continued murdering her way to Karlie, trying to clear the way for [member="Kurenai Yumi"] also, so she could enact her end of a bloody strategem, as well as openings for those such as [member="Darth Ayesh"] should they have arrived by this point to help.

(BFG Division by Mick Gordon plays)

OBJECTIVE: DEFEND THE CAPITAL
TAGS: [member="Vytal Noctura"] || [member="Madalena Antares"] || [member="Ian Sade"] || [member="Taramaz Laurs"]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fire.

Lyra reeked of the scent of burning bodies as the forces around her went up in flames again. The heat seared her body and she trembled with the exertion, but she fought on. Body after body went up in flames, making deathly screams as they went down that seemed to tear at Lyra's ears. Sweat poured down her forehead and tears leaked from the corners of her eyes as she sent wave after wave of flame into the zombies that separates her from the pylons.

And she was making no progress.

She had been fighting alone so long that all she could hear was a ringing in her ears. She did not answer her comm. She could not see the others. All she knew was the neverending wave of monsters and herself, on the edge of a burnout.

Then, all of a sudden, her vision was filled with a green haze. Her heart seemed to stop for a second -- was this it? Pretty lame way to end up, literally burned out by a horde of dead people.

But it spoke her name, and Lyra tensed and heard what it had to say. No... it wasn't a talking mist (as cool as that might be). It was a witch. Lyra did not respond to her but simply watched as she did the magik. She nodded to the woman and broke of into a sprint, really hoping that the streamers were going the right way... and that the witch was to be trusted.

Karlie Lynn Destat

Conspiracy Theorist and Investigator (IBI)
"Nnnn..." She cut short her plea, bracing for the pain under the blade.

...snip.

Her mother's voice continued on. For some odd reason, perhaps it were just her way to offset the horror awaiting her, Karla's voice weren't so ominous. Not when she had her eyes tightly shut, blocking out the chambers of horror...and what seemed to be some shudders she were feeling strapped up to the table.

"Gasp...pant...pant..." Well, the blond couldn't very well hold her breath indefinitely now, could she?
Karlie dared peak. Her mother were still adjusting, calibrating...well Karlie didn't know, but it looked like her mother were fumbling with the instruments. Adjusting, readjusting...procrastinating?

It were then that Karlie were making sense of what Karla were talking about.

The blonde's eyes went from the equipment to her mom and to the implements and to her mom...

"Pant...pant..." It were all Karlie could do, besides plead and she had done enough of that to even irate herself. Well what else could she do, all strapped up like a plank, unmoving...
Wait...was that all she snipped?..her hair? It were still in her mother's hand.

"I...I'm NOT like my sisters...." Was that what the others were?
Karlie had never thought of them as such. Not when all of her mother's children became...her mother.
Lord, this was no time to contemplate who/what they theoretically were to one another. All that was important and should remain as the focal point was that Karla had nurtured her during childhood as a loving mother. Ok, that one was a bit hard to swallow at the present moment. But it were true. Karla had been a perfect mother. If there were ulterior motives behind it as it now were quite apparent, Karlie certainly couldn't point to a memory and say 'Aha, I remember that!..I should have suspected it'.
But no.
Karla had for the better part of Karlie's life been a loving, caring and nurturing mother..friend...best friend as she remembered feeling for her mom. Karlie remembered looking up at her mom and wishing/wanting one day to grow up and be just like- (needle ripping across the record groves)
Damn... well she were young then, and her mother was her world...

"I know I was like no daughter you ever had... before...." The idea of one mother traversing
through the Millenniums giving birth to...all those sisters...
Karlie blinked a few times, trying to shed those tears that made everything so burningly blurry. Her mom had many of her features...still.

The announcement blarred no different from everything else coming in the background. hell, it were difficult as it was just comprehending what Karla was saying. Karlie nevertheless took to register most of it..the girl was still in panic mode..desperate. HELL, her life was on the line!....well on the table really.
But through it all her mom had not yet cut her...had not implemented what Karlie had recognized to be surgical equipment.

Ok, she couldn't argue with the monster part...parasite even, as supposedly Karlie had kinda lost quite a few sisters to her mother...if sucking the life out of her daughters put her in that category.
She couldn't argue that one.
But the love she remembered feeling... THAT was not faked. And she didn't remember her mother in any pain. Not when she were with her father and with her..

Her mother could bear it. Whatever pain it was that she suffered from..although it could well be mental in Karla's case, Karlie were trying to analyse what that really was...
Bah...later! She'd have to figure it out later. Now, she just didn't want to loose what had made her mother procrastinate..hold off what her plan had originally been for her. She had to have hit a nerve..some empathy for her here, right?
I mean...well all she snipped was her hair! Her mom wouldn't have gone through all the trouble of -..of-
"Gasp...Vera... " karlie suddenly felt the pain of loss again. It were inevitable to feel for someone else following post scathing death.

That thought came when Karla undid one...two...all of the restraints.
Karlie was still too mummified to move, she were so frightened still. Yet, she comprehended all her mother were saying. Still, she didn't move as her mom moved away from the table.
had she reached her? Had she actually reached her mother?

"M...mom, wait." Karlie blurted out involuntarily as she got up from the table. But her mother continued walking away.
"I remember you loving me. " She said before jumping off the table and shouting. "Thats what I remember about you!"

But Karla was gone. Gone the minute the blast doors closed behind her, leaving Karlie alone in the chambers.

The pods are a few decks below, her mother had said.
Frak..was she in a ship again? How in blazes did she always wind up in some kind of ship or vessel after coming to? And why was she always being sedated?

Rumble...explosions sounding off..no, resonating somewhere in the so called ship. There was some kind of altercation...battle maybe going on. Were they still in Castagne system?
Karlie looked around, rubbing her wrists, they had been bound tightly.
All she could find was the surgical scalpel... the small laser scalpel. Meh, better than nothing...

Looking up one last time at the ornate carving of her mother's features on the ceiling, she scurried to the same blast door got it to open. half hoping and half dreading that her mom would be on the other side, the corridor was empty, lest a flickering Led panel or two. It followed the small tremors she were feeling underfoot.
The ship or whatever she had been brought to must be under attack or battling it's way through something. Karlie had no idea she was on Heretic Station orbiting Castagne.
Not until she rounded the 2nd corridor and came upon what were viewing dura-glass panels with her planet below...er, above her.
Noooo....Castagne was rotating around the ship?
Frak, the vessel was no ship! It were an orbiting station!
As it rotated, she could now see the small fighters... strange fighters and familiar ones. ALL firing at what the station and what it seemingly was deploying to the surface of her planet...pods..pylons.
It were mesmerizing as she watched what unfolded as an aerial space battle. The tremors were from both Castan and CIS forces trying to stop whatever this station was doing...and that seemed to be dropping pods and pylons.

Karlie backed away from the glass before looking down both ways of the corridor.
Which way was it to the turbolifts...if there were any. Her mother had said the escape pods were below a few decks..right?
Had she meant escape for her or Karlie?..both? Had she spared her to save her?
Karlie started running one direction. Sooner or later she'd run into a lift or means of getting below, right?

Wrong.

"Gasp!..What the?..." Her jaw dropped as she seemingly were looking at a bad hair day of herself...then another and another... 3 of her had just come out of what looked like the very turbo lift she were seeking.
Instinctively she knew these were no sisters of hers...they were the so called incomplete clones of her that Nine Lives had reported coming across in the remote research facility that Sade had ordered flashed.

"Awh, pooodo!" The red dressed clones ignited their sabers and started a run for her.

"Eeeeek...." Yes, she ran like a frightened blonde with not one, but three wax looking selves coming straight for her after with hot searing saber blades.
But no...no, she didn't stumble and fall flat on her face as one would expect.
No.
No, Karlie as a matter of fact wasn't running away from the deranged selves, no. She was running toward them and definitely didn't trip and fall.
Nope.
She purposely dove and slid on the slippery corridor floor just before she smacked right into the trio. Karlie slid right underfoot and all the way into the turbo lift. By he time the bonified dumb selves, blonds no less, skidded to a stop to turn and pursue, the turbo lift doors slammed shut.
Of course Karlie hit the inside back wall of the turbo lift quite hard, even as she curled on the slide inside the lift into a fetal position. It were a good maneuver, one the clones certainly didn't expect as real blonds most always try to run away from impending doom. But this blonde was not so ordinary...just a bit frazzled at times. Her father definitely blames her mother, if one had a personal relations with Tarssin and dared ask the man about it. Not the upbringing mind you, but the frazzle of her poor girl's mind as to what her mother and father seemingly put their daughter through. Like in a bad divorce case. Only multiply that with powerful people with powerful force powers. BAD!

Oh by the way, Karlie also ignited her laser scalpel she had taken from the chamber when the clone sisters ignited their full size saber. Yea... Karlie's was a little small, like the size of a pen knife. But it was a laser scalpel nevertheless. It were more for show on her part...part of faking an attack to the attackers. Whether it made any difference or not, the idea was to let the Karlie clone sisters believe she were going to engage them.
Hehe..NOT.

Still, the girl hit the wall pretty hard and took a second or two to recover enough sense to crawl quickly to the control panel and close the lift doors before the Karlie clones reached it.
"Ha!... how do you like me now...you freaks you!..." Karlie were heard shouting as the turbo-lift dropped below the clones.

The turbo lift dropped a few levels to where Karlie figured by deciphering the symbols on the control panel to be a deck with some access to escape pods.
She had her penlight surgical scalpel at the ready. Yea, she wasn't going to take chances and open up the doors on this floor to another trio of bad replicants of herself..hell no!
The doors shot open and there certainly weren't three bad clones of her...absolutely not!
There was an entire series of bad castings and ...and-

"Gasp!" Blueberry!
It were Ron Jin and-
Karlie had to blink trice to recognize the brunette..a sober one at that.
No way!...did that look like that weird girl she had met once over Drukenwell?...what was her name Shanell...Shrenzety?... Hell if she could remember right now...

"Eeek..." She jumped back as a near image of her...more like a cheep carnival copy of herself lunging for her, whilst still only holding the mini laser scalpel.

[member="Scherezade deWinter"] / [member="Vera Mina"]

Gear: Operator Class Armor-KO Pathfinder Boots-Shatory Reishūkaku-Mk1 Shadow Rifle-saber
Allied Peps: @Krystal Estain @Scherezade deWinter [member="Vera Mina"]
Objective: kill more stuff?

So it begun, the onrush of animal minded clones was far from a pleasant signal to have the operation start but it would be the one they got, her face bearing a straight unwavering look as the small group charged towards the waves of identical foes. Her blade sharpened and clear of blood, ready to meet flesh once again, the long force infused pole arm able to cleave through the poorly armed and armored enemies, the lab produced beings still walking for a few moments before their bodies fell apart. "Seems like we have their attention, be ready to let lose once we reach our destination, though these things are easy to kill we best not let them block our rout, bodies, blood and guts can be quite a nuisance to get through, just as a fore warning".

Come to one of the man tight hallways that dotted the ship Kurenai took a step forward, launching her arms out, with it a strong blast of force power came, accompanied by hundreds of small arrow like purple beams, piecing through flesh and bone, dropping dozens of clones with ease. A small display of power against such a large force, but it gave them an easier time moving up then engaging in melee regardless of how fun it was.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom