Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LFG Herd Meet over Ithor - Social Thread + Faction Pitch/Intro

ithorian_skyyards_tree_grove_class_herd_ship_by_shoguneagle_daz8vyu-fullview.jpg
Hey there! For those of you unfamiliar, I have been trying to build up the Vonnuvi Jedi Enclave (and the Vonnuvi as a whole) in a worthwhile RP space for like-minded writers for some time. So while is isn’t technically an introduction to either, I did want to use it as something of a soft reboot, and properly invite others to collaborate.

That said, this thread is not just for those interested in joining the faction, so please read on regardless:

THE THREAD
Every three years, the migrant Ithorians return to the skies above their homeworld of Ithor in a phenomenon known as a Herd Meet. Here, all of their mighty herdships come together in a beautiful union to celebrate, trade, and plot new courses across the galaxy. An event such as this is likely to draw many interested parties, beyond just the native Ithorians. Fellow traders, naturalists, and sight-seers from all over flock to take part in the Herd Meet.

At the center of it all is the Herdship Vonnuvi. The Vonnuvi has quickly made a name for itself among the Ithorians for its cosmopolitan populace and relief missions across the galaxy. Ever since collaborating with a fledgling Jedi Enclave constructed within their own ship, these efforts have amplified greatly, and put the Vonnuvi center stage in many humanitarian efforts. As the first Herd Meet since this union, many are eager to see the Vonnuvi for themselves.

Above all, this is a social thread. An opportunity to get folks together in a more atypical, but interesting corner of the Star Wars universe. Buy and sell exotic goods, meet new faces, or simply explore the Vonnuvi to your heart’s content. If you think you'd be interested, drop a reply here! I plan to post the thread on Friday or Saturday. I'll develop "objectives" dependent on how much turnout this LFG gets.

If you do have interest in the faction as a whole, once again, please read on:

THE FACTION PITCH
I long had the interest in developing some kind of tight-knit RP space which revolved around communal development, and a single nexus of activity. That is what the Herdship Vonnuvi is intended to be all about. The Herdship serves as a hub, which can be fleshed out and expanded upon by the community. A single, ever-growing city that every writer on the Vonnuvi shares. Through it all, the ship would travel the galaxy, reaching different worlds (especially in troubled regions like the Scar Worlds, Outer Rim, or former Maw space) and shedding a spotlight on each we cross, before inevitably moving on to the next (The real dream was to use that old Major Faction mandate that let you be a mobile cloud, but that mandate doesn’t exist anymore and we ain’t a major faction rn). I envisioned this would be a great impetus for organic roleplay that could flesh out the lesser known corners of the galaxy, while maintaining a unifying focal point in the form of the Herdship.

The Vonnuvi is open to just about anyone who doesn’t have openly hostile intents. Sith and known criminals are naturally a no-go, but anyone else could feasibly find a reason to live on or simply be affiliated with the Vonnuvi. Especially:
  • Refugees
  • Humanitarians
  • Explorers
  • Researchers
  • Ithorians
  • Civilians
  • Wanderers
  • Jedi
The Jedi Enclave plays a regular role in the faction as a whole, but I don’t necessarily want that to be all the faction is. I want to leave space for other types of RP that allow the whole ship to be developed, not just the enclave. The Vonnuvi’s mission ultimately revolves around exploring, trading with, and offering aid to struggling planets.

So, if you could see your character as the time of person to move in to a big floating sanctuary city (or again, someone who would just affiliate with it; My main PC doesn’t exactly live there most of the time herself), then I hope you’ll consider the Vonnuvi as a place to write.

Whether you’re here for that, or just interested in this single thread, thank you for taking the time to read all of this! I know it’s a bit much, but I hope I got the points across. Feel free to ask if you have any questions, and/or join our (under construction) discord!

QuJvuKg.jpg

Last edited:
Thread is live! Feel free to join in even if you didn't post here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom