Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction Heal Thyself

Jordar Varcskel

J

What-Now.png

He had arrived at Monestary not long ago, leaving behind his work on Fondor to make a visit to a hastily called meeting of Viceroyals and Military leadership people were demanding answers perhaps those demands were justified, he was not there nor was it his call to make but realizing the gravity of the situation he had decided the trip was worth his attention, if nothing else it would give him the opportunity to meet his peers and others within the command structure of the Confederacy. As much as he abhorred politics sometimes it was sometimes necessary to play the game and this indeed was one of those times recent events were on everyone's minds and even he was curious to hear what had transpired and what was being done in the wake of such a catastrophe.​

He made his way into the meeting space of the viceroyals and various other members of the Confederacy’s top decision makers, he might appear to their eyes as one who was very much out of place here, he would not disagree with that opinion. Quickly he surveyed the room and found nobody with whom he was familiar, failing that he took a seat at the table near Gerwald and folded his hand’s in front of him, the man to his left seemed about as uncomfortable as he was so he figured they may as well share in that misery. Atrisia had been a mess from the word go, what should have been a simple matter of securing the sector and assisting an ally quickly become a security threat to the wider confederacy and a daunting humanitarian crisis.​

He glanced around the room, the mood was easy to read even for a non-force user, a mixture of anger fear, and a lot of political posturing as if anything else was to be expected, but politics was not what his concern was, his was, his was simply to ensure that whatever happened on Atrisia was not repeated elsewhere. His eyes fell on a pair of military types across the room, CDF if he remembered the uniforms correctly, though he was not certain as he was not one to pay too much attention to the finer details of uniforms or ranks after all he was a civilian and military affairs were not his concern. Well that would have been true a while ago but now that he was a Viceroy the matters of the military very much concerned him and his adopted home.​

will you sink down to me?
You-Decide.png

L O S T

Form: Humanoid | Post: 02 | Wearing: This + leg braces |
Tags: Allya Vi'Dreya Allya Vi'Dreya +
open

After Allya's antics, she laughed. It wasn't even for the first time since Atrisia, but since Eriadu, Ryloth, as far back as Mustafar. She really missed about three people in her life these days: A'Runda A'Runda , her father, and Allya. Maybe, for the same reason as her, four - Luna too; being part of the CDF could simultaneously keep sisters, blood or not, close and far away. For all of the time Damsy had known Lune and most of it for Allya, they had been comrades. Sisters in arms, always at each others backs. But still, as relationships grew, the heart called for more.

Indeed, there was always room for more, between comrades, between family. The distance separating two individuals never ever truly closed, regardless of the level of intimacy. It was a constant struggle of the heart for human interaction. Maybe it was bolstered by war, or otherwise the desperate buildup of years of isolation on Kamino.

Either way, Damsy's heart broke, but also soared. She had so missed Allya. The alphabetical gap between Delta and Omega was astoundingly lonely.

The fissure in Damsy's mind immediately began to mend as the cloak wrapped around her shoulders. She sighed as the pressure dissipated, "Much," before nodding and following her sister into the tavern.

At the bar, as always, a literal tall glass of water was what the sithspawn ordered. For a long few minutes, she was completely quiet as she emptied a salt packet into her drink and stirred to dissolve. Sipping on it was the same, saltine but not too. At least that hadn’t changed on the physical side. Of course, she knew she could still change, but not to what extent. Did she still have her tail? Or was her metamorph now beached forever, condemned to the land? It was an important question to answer, but in time. Not now. She didn’t want to test in the relatively-fresh water springs around.

Finally, she spoke, "...Why's it happen to Daddy?"

Mermaid_Divider.png

Equipment: Full Beskar with weapons
Objective: Talk to her sister
Tags: Damsy Callat Damsy Callat

Allya sat next to her sister at the bar counter. Her helmet was placed next to her. She rolled a shot of whisky in a glass, and raised it to the sky, in honor of Voph, before she downed it. “Honestly. Dad dies a lot. He has the capacity to push his soul back into a new body. Same thing with our uncles. And probably our aunts. I’ve watched them do this a few times. Been around a couple times for when Dad’s died. It’s….hard. You can understand nothing changes but it certainly feels like it does. Each time he does, he gets further and further away.” She frowned and let the glass clink against the rugged wooden countertop. She gestures to Damsy. “Not sure about you. What happened?”

Allya closed her eyes, and leaned over forcing her head against Damsy’s shoulder and just laying there, half on her own bar stool. “No matter what though, I’m happy you are here with me. So happy. I’ve missed you so much.” A slight nuzzle then the Mandalorian sat back up and stretched. “Mmm, there is so much to do when we get back.” Her mind seemed far away, as if a million thoughts crossed it in an instant. She ordered some type of ale next and began to slowly sip at it. “Damsy. I-I’m so sorry I wasn’t there for you all. I should have been, fighting next to you all. It’s tearing me apart inside knowing I failed you. I know I did what I was told to do. There was no way to predict this...but, I feel so inadequate. So...worthless in this moment. I couldn’t protect you, the people, or even Lord Voph. Nothing. It feels so heavy.”

Relationship Status: It's Complicated
What-Now.png
D E T E R M I N E D

Wearing: xxx
Tag: Kirk Tektus | Jordar Varcskel

Gerwald sat back in his chair as he watched others join in on the meeting. They were arriving slowly, surely a telling sign of the number of them that opted to stop by the funeral for his fallen acquaintance.Gerwald could not call him a friend, though he had offered to help him retrieve Naedira Darcrath Naedira Darcrath from the Netherworld. He also had advised against trying, and yet there was a determination Gerwald seemed to display. Perhaps it was his stubborn nature which came to light more often than not, but Gerwald hoped to call something else one day.

He nodded to each as they arrived, listening to everyone as they milled about. There was nothing worse than a waste of time, and this certainly seemed like one to him. They should have been discussing what happened, why it happened, and trying to figure out who was responsible. Instead most of the politicians gathered were too concerned with who seemed to have the cutest child, or the best score on the court. The lupine could see the Viceroyalty for what it was, a body that was all talk, and little to no action.

His fist pounded into the arm of the chair as he stood.

“We are wasting our time here,” he said exhibiting none of the poise or grace in his mannerisms that Valencia Hadley Valencia Hadley had tried to teach him. Gerwald was impatient and it showed. “I understand we are waiting for some from the funeral to arrive, but that does not mean we cannot begin this now. Many are dead after this latest attack, one we should have seen coming, and the best most in this room can do is sit around with idle banter and swapping stories about their children? This is a time for action and decisiveness not empty chit chat.”

All eyes were on the lupine, just to turn and ignore his words.

He sighed, huffing as he sat back in his chair. Clearly this was not the group who would get things done. Perhaps he needed to petition the Vicelord himself.​

Ger-Temp.png

You-Decide.png

Armament: Lightstaff​
Wearing: [X]
Objective: Numb the pain​
Taiia gave the Nightmother a small nod and excused herself from the conversation, she didn’t have the patience or the will to be there any longer. And she knew if she remained the Nightmother would feel obligated to console her and so she walked; well maybe slightly faster than a walk out of where everyone had gathered and out into the street then simply just continued walking for a time. The outside air was refreshing at least even if her heart wasn’t in the place to enjoy it. She wiped her eyes as she walked, tears still threatening to come but she pushed them back and walked a bit further before she came to the tavern, maybe a bit of alcohol would help the anger she felt or the sadness or maybe it would just make her think of something else.

Stepping inside she didn’t even bother to look around the room just walked straight into the tavern and made a beeline for the bar, when the bartender asked what she wanted she just shrugged. “Something strong” he nodded the cloud the young woman the cloud she had over her was nearly tangible, he handed her a glass and she made her way to a table. “To you Voph” she said quietly and took a sip, she almost coughed but held it back. Well she did tell him to make it strong, it burnt a lot but regardless she took another sip forcing it down.

Jedi-Bottom.gif

You-Decide.png

Councilor Daejin
Daejin paused as she sensed a familiar presence approaching the hall. Prennis Keeoli Prennis Keeoli was almost upon them. Daejin looked to Vytal Noctura Vytal Noctura , then to the door. As Prennis entered, she turned to busy herself over the body of the fallen. When she turned back, she was holding a small scrap of cloth. The mantle that had rested over his eyes. Daejin stepped forward, walking towards Prenn with a slight nod to Vytal indicating she had best follow. As Daejin drew near to Prennis, she paused, and bowed. "Greetings, Nurse Keeoli. I am pleased to see you. I thank you dearly for the sacrifice you undertook on Atrisia to bring an end to the conflict."

Daejin extended her hands to offer Prennis the mantle. "It was his wish that you have this. I do not know for what purpose, aside from being the one that watched over him in his final moments." She paused for a moment, turning to look at Vytal. Her blind gaze turned back to Prennis and said in hushed tone, "I must know if he told you anything before he passed. Call it a fool's hope, but..." Daejin smiled sadly. The girl had forgotten him. Or so Daejin thought. She had no way to know that Voph had restored the girl's memories. "...I had hoped that as the one who last saw him before he died, he told you something. Something that may allow us to undo what has been done."

MhxKjxk.png

The Nightmother watched as the Councilor stepped forward and made subtle motions over Voph's dormant form. Despite her curiosity, however, the pale Witch did not move from her spot. Whatever had prompted this action would be revealed shortly. The woman did not suffer from a need to busy herself, and certainly not by intruding upon the rest of the dead. After all, this display held great meaning.​
Vytal turned her head slightly as Daejin started forward after she'd turned around. Silently indicated that company was still desired, the Dathomiri woman slowly peeled off and accompanied the Councilor. Her green eyes soon beheld the visage of Prennie Keeoli; then things became a little clearer as to recent activity.​
Daejin then offered the mantle to Prennis, evidently for a yet disclosed purpose. The Councilor, however, seemed to have one purpose in particular in mind. Her words were quite plain for those that heard them; and so her voice had been wisely kept low. The Nightmother's countenance did not altar when the subject was broached. A steel gaze might dissuade anyone from 'drifting' too close to the trio of women, however. They could save their platitudes for later if needed be.​
So Voph had a plan for this eventuality, did he? Perhaps it was too much to think what she herself knew was the extent. For a purpose, she wagered, though not one spoken aloud regardless of the company kept. There was a threat that lingered over them all.​
YushaBot.png

Template By: Darth Metus (Guy)

Eira Talon

E

Dour or not, Eira wanted out. She had seen too many walls as of late to choose to stay behind in a set of more. She did not know the man that died, but by the flavor of Srina's mood, she felt it pertinent she join.

That day after the attack had been the first time she had found some semblance of familiarity in her sister. Maybe it had been the concern, or simply just the fear-- but they were present and genuine all the same. No stone walls. No ice.

The sister she remembered. The sister before politics.

Now Srina was angry, which she supposed was better than nothing at all, but it unsettled her nonetheless. All it would take was a singular moment for Srina to turn that anger on her, and with a simple 'I told you so' Eira could find herself dammed back to Eshan forever. No, she couldn't let that happen. The girl was on her best behavior, and had been since the attack.

Srina called and she came fluttering after. A modest dress by her standards floated like ribbons in the wind around her body. It was horrible to run in and even worse for training, but it was more than suitable to pay respects to the dead in. She gave no words to the two pale figures before her. She merely looked up at them with wide, apprehensive eyes ... and fell tucked into place into Srina's side.

Inside the folds of dress fabric she held a saber hilt out of sight. A gift from Darth Empyrean Darth Empyrean , she still didn't possess the skills to open it via the force. She clung tight to it anyway. No way was she going to be caught empty handed again.

Srina Talon Srina Talon Darth Empyrean Darth Empyrean

Last edited by a moderator:
will you sink down to me?

You-Decide.png
L O S T

Form: Humanoid | Post: 03 | Wearing: This + leg braces |
Tags: Allya Vi'Dreya Allya Vi'Dreya Taiia Locke Taiia Locke +
open

Damsy turned on her stool to lean back with her elbows on the bar. "
Huh." She chewed the inside of her lip. "Reminds me of that clone of 'is we tagteamed." Reaching around her shoulder with her opposite arm, she took hold of her glass and rose it to her lips. Despite her overall mood, a little unexpected reminiscing was bit of a brain break.

But reality of the situation Damsy found herself in came back to her soon enough when Allya asked what had happened. Before replying, the sqauloid shifter swallowed some water, "
...Don't know. Not really. A nurse told me I was immune an' took my blood for that vaccine Minister Locke distributed, but..." Instead of returning it to its home, a coaster on the tabletop, Damsy kept the glass cradled in her hands, about at waist level, where she thoughtfully swiped at the condensation with both thumbs. Taking a few minutes of silence didn't afford her any eureka, great or not so. Any which way she looked at this, she couldn't make sense of it. "Allya, I can't tell ya more than I just don't know." Maybe, if she tracked down that Nurse Prennis Keeoli Prennis Keeoli , she would be able to offer some amount of illumination, but, right now, Damsy had to make do with nothing.

She was pulled out of her reflections by Allya's nuzzling. Only then did she remove one hand from her drink and wipe it off on her pants before stroking it through her sister's hair. "
Oh, hey, hun." Gently, or, mostly gently, as a lion carried its young by the scruff of their necks, she grabbed hold of a clump of hair and pulled back. Gazing at her sister in the eye was her goal. "None o' that. What gave you the idea I can't take care of myself? Hmm? You almost died." Maybe Allya had begun to say something. Maybe she hadn't. Either way, Damsy was conversing with herself now, half serious and the other joking. "Yeah, yeah, fair 'nough." She let go of her sister's mane in favor of following the bottom of her jaw with her fingers, tracing a path to the chin. That, she cradled after adjusting herself in her seat, looking Allya straight in the face while bringing hers slightly closer. "You carried your mission. We wouldn't be together now if you came for me; you'd be in a court somewhere. This is preferable, isn't it?" Instead of waiting for an answer, Damsy closed the distance between her and Allya, and gave her a short kiss on the forehead.

She leaned back against the bar again. As she waited for another talking point, Damsy scanned the bar. No one else she recognized, but her gaze did stall on a redheaded woman draped in grey and black. For no particular reason other than her mind's idle working, that reminded her. She shook her gaze loose and keened over to whisper Allya's way. "
I need a favor, lovey. Until I figure this out - like really figure this out - Damsy needs to stay dead." She hazarded a glance. "I registered as one Niobe Crowe back in Xam'Chi after some sweepers found me like this." And extended a hand, seeking one of the Mandalorian's. "Allya, you don't need to prove anything to me - got it? - but, can I trust you to keep this secret for me? From anyone. That goes double for Genny." The general's formal petname, if one could in fact call it that, came out of her mouth before she could amend it to the full title. Hopefully, Allya would understand the meaning.
Mermaid_Divider.png

Equipment: Full Beskar with weapons
Objective: Talk to her sister
Tags: Damsy Callat Damsy Callat

As she laid there, nuzzled up to this beautiful woman who happened to be her sister, her mind raced in thought. Perhaps...unless it had been caused by another person, perhaps it was Damsy’s body just adapting to new scenarios. She was a shapeshifter after all. It wasn’t like this was something all that weird in light of that fact. When her sister’s hand touched her silken hair, Allya gasped, and practically purred as she nuzzled more into the hand. It wasn’t really a secret that Damsy had been Allya’s first love. When they first met, they had already been grown, hadn’t known the other was their sister. Even now, true Allya was in a happy and healthy relationship, she hadn’t stopped loving this woman as both her sister...and perhaps more. But, really, it came down to just having moments like this. Being part of her life.

However, as fate would have it, this contentment would be challenged today. A little cute yelp as her hair was pulled and she gazed into Damsy’s eyes. So different than before, but full of the same love, and kindness as before. Allya could easily have gotten lost looking into them. Her own large chocolate eyes blinked a bit, as her sister talked to herself, and Allya couldn’t help but laugh and giggle. “Haha, who am I to say? How many times have I almost died, or thrown myself into dangerous situations without thinking? We protect, it’s what we do. There isn’t room for doubt or second thoughts.” Then as she soon felt fingers caressing her jaw, Allya’s heart skipped a beat, then began to race like mad. Oh gosh, oh gosh, oh gosh.

Allya’s cheeks took on a darker color as she flushed and blushed. As Damsy asked her she nodded. “There is no place I would rather be than right here with you. Honestly, of all things that could happen, this is fine.” Damsy’s face got closer to Allya’s and her eyes went wide. The teen looked at the woman’s lips a moment before they touched her forehead. Ahhhhhhhh!!! She felt like a little girl getting tons of affection from her crush right now. Sure, it’s not like she wanted to drag Damsy upstairs or something. But...it was fun, all of this. Her own lips pressed against Damsy’s cheek in response to the kiss.

The girl listened intently as her sister asked her for the favor. As she was called lovey, her heart skipped again. It was a silly reaction. All of this was hard. It didn’t need to happen. BUT, if Damsy felt it was needed, there was only one choice. Her hand touched Damsy’s cheek, and caressed it lightly with her calloused hands. Allya took a deep breath and slowly let it out, as she looked deep into the older woman’s eyes. “I love you, my sister. With all of my being. You helped save me back when my life felt hopeless. All the good things that happened to me happened because I met you, and you gave me the strength to stand up for myself to seek what I really wanted. So, Miss Niobe, it’s my pleasure to meet you and to work alongside of you. I hope we can be close.” She removed one of her gloves, and her hand reached out to squeeze Niobe’s hand. “But, now imagine if the General saw us right NOW, Miss Niobe. Not that I would mind the implications.” The teen stuck her tongue playfully out at the woman, then gave her a bright smirk.

"Don't worry. I'm here with you. Always. Even now, Miss Niobe."

Purp-Divider.png

Tags: Darth Empyrean Darth Empyrean | Eira Talon | Kyyrk Kyyrk | [OPEN]
Strong arms wrapped around her form, clad in soft, pale-grey fabric. It was the shade of washed-out slate. Brittle. The typically emotionless woman found herself leaning gently back against the wall of the Sith Lord’s chest. Not enough to apply any real pressure, but enough, that he would know the truth of the admission. So very few words spoken—But they were stained through and through with quiet and uncharacteristic vulnerability. It was an obvious chink in her armor. The Dread Queen had no weaknesses. She was unmovable. Unbreakable.

Srina and the Dread Queen were not the same. Srina, could be injured. Srina, could be broken.

Imagining Voph laying still, deathly cold, and empty caused injury. Her anger was a response to that pain. The empty, sinking, cold feeling that made her feel nauseated. A soft breeze pulled at her hair and her chin fell low. She didn’t tear her eyes from the grassy knolls that lay before them. It wasn’t fair. Why did worlds still turn, why did people go on about their days, keep moving, when it felt like the heavens were on fire? Did they not see it? First, Tellu. Ginny. Valina. Aryn. Her child. Her niece. And now—This?

How
was she meant to keep it contained? How was she meant to keep breathing when it felt like her chest was made of shattered glass every time she inhaled?

Maliphant knew. Of course, he knew.

He didn’t seem to have a drop of Echani blood in his system, but, he knew her. Perhaps he was simply more observant than the rest of the world. Srina couldn’t tell. But, she had long ago learned to accept it.

She remained close, even after he released her, expression devoid of all things. The momentary blips of emotion were all she could afford in such a public venue. No one else could see. No one else could know. Srina had to keep her head held high. She had to be strong, always, because the Confederacy required it. Eshan was beyond her reach. Beyond, her. She could not be as her father was, to her own people, but she could do it here.

Srina tuned the small satchel of stones in her hand. Silly, little white moonstones.

In that moment—they meant everything.

A lighter aura washed over her and a brief moment of peace allowed her to dig deep enough to find the strength to move forward. She could feel her sibling, always, like a second skin. She still held the thin vein of innocence that Srina had lost the moment she set foot on Coruscant so long ago. “Eira…”, she greeted the young woman, pausing only, to reach up and brush a few tendrils of wayward hair from an all too familiar face. Srina preferred it when her sister was this close.

Her apprehension was palpable. That, was why Srina would always be strong. Always.

Letting strands of silken moonlight fall from her fingers, laying neatly, over her younger siblings’ shoulder—Her face firmed. Her eyes grew hard, cold. A silent signal that it was time to make their way into the Lotus School. It was time. Time, to say farewell, safe journey, in whatever form her station would allow.

The Lotus School was easy enough to navigate. Srina had set foot here many, many times before. There weren’t many people in the Confederacy that didn’t know her face by now. She had grown used to it, even if, it presented a certain level of irritation. It was invasive. She didn’t want to speak about Atrisia nor did she wish to swim through shark-infested waters of a political kind.

She was here, only, to see her friend. For the last time.

Srina came to the hall, ensuring her advisor, and her sister were nearby. Her steel-toned eyes caused others that may have wanted to play twenty questions to give the trio a wide berth. Even if the sky started falling, suddenly, and without recourse—She would remain unmoved.

There were others here. Others, with pain, and loss that made her own pale in comparison. She could feel it echo in the Force in the same way a sound reverberated through the air. Srina swept inside the hall without a herald. No fanfare. Nothing, but sure footsteps. “You may wait here—If you wish.”, Srina murmured to both Darth Empyrean Darth Empyrean and Eira Talon. Neither had known Voph as she had. She understood the affair would be difficult. An act of empathy, but, distant.

It was an act of peering through the looking glass.

Her hand brushed against Maliphant, briefly, before it did the same to Eira. It was minuscule…But filled with layers. Affection, forbidden, and infinite understanding. Though Srina tended to miss every social cue in the land there were times when her actions set it all. Not the cold expression, not the sharp words. Voph had understood that as well as anyone.

Three women ( Kyyrk Kyyrk [Councilor Daejin, Vytal Noctura Vytal Noctura , & Prennis Keeoli Prennis Keeoli ) stood near the somber display. She could see the outline of booted feet beneath the edge of mourning cloth. Srina had no wish to interrupt their own bereavement, and as such, would merely offer a silent nod should they meet her eye. Off-white fabric followed her slow steps in a delicate whisper. The Exarch of the Confederacy seemed to unintentionally glide more than anything else.

The approach gave way to view the body in full.

That was all it was. Just a body. Flesh, bone, cloth, and flowers.

It felt erroneous.

Her hands clasped before her and her head bowed while a sense of wrongness permeated her senses. Behind a head of ivory, her gaze burned into the form that had been Kyyrk Kyyrk . The satchel that she’d brought the stones in felt heavy. She did not know the most respectful way to apply them. Now that she was here—With the body? She felt small.

‘…Must we accept this, Voph? Must I?’

expoty.gif

Sorrow could only go so deep when one didn’t know the man who’s funeral you attended. Maliphanted wanted to feel more in touch with Srina - find her sadness, and connect with it on a personal level, so she didn’t have to feel so alone in that dark pool the threatened to drown her. Yet, he couldn’t - he didn’t know Voph, nor had he truly cared to during his life. In passing, and he couldn’t help but have the passive thought that a man as skilled as he was, would remain dead.​
It seemed none did, now.​
Maliphant sighed quietly as he squeezed Srina’s shoulder, and offered a gentle smile;​
This is yours. Do what you must, and I’ll wait for you here.”, he offered quietly.​
No matter how much coddling he could offer her; he knew loss - and the reality is that no amount of company in your sorrow would fix it. It was a cruel, harsh truth - one that hurt as much as the death itself; but it was a reality she had faced, and a reality she would face again. When she had a chance to settle any looming thoughts, he would be waiting there for her when she was done. Arms wide, and a tender embrace to await her.​
Maliphant waited quietly with arms crossed as she walked to the somber ritual; and he was left with Eira who no doubt felt much the same as him. He sighed, and glanced over to her;​
How are you faring, Eira?”​

Eira Talon

E
Eira squirmed, looking up at Maliphant. "..." She gave a half-hearted shrug, which spoke more to her current state than words ever could. Anxious? Trepidatious? Not over events, but over people and what they might want from her next. She had fought so hard for a chance to leave the cage of home. But her parents, Srina, they all had wanted to spare her from a moment just like this one. She didn't know what was running through her sisters mind. She only knew that things felt different now that she was out of quarantine and back with her.

Every moment felt like a string pulled tightly; she was on her toes waiting for it snap.

She had not processed what she had endured on Atrisia. Any crack of weakness in regards to her state of mind and she was sure... She'd be home faster than she could complain.

She looked to Maliphant instead, changing the topic back onto him. "Is it true a beam ran through you?" Tactless, but full of concern nonetheless. Was he alright? Her gaze beseeched from the real answer, her eyes watering up at him.

Last edited by a moderator:
With a look of concern, Maliphant didn’t push the issue. The last thing Eira needed was forcible counseling from a man who dealt with his problems by creating altogether too massive leviathans to conquer planets. His lips twisted into a wry, almost painful-looking smile with a glance down to his stomach. A hand rested where the ‘beam’ had made it through his skin - and with a glance to it, Maliphant offered her an answer;​
I wouldn’t call it a ‘beam’, per say.”, he said lightly as the moment flashed in his memory.​
Waking up. Feeling the pain. Held to the hull of the ship as Srina - covered in his blood - spoke rabid words he couldn’t hear. He remembered that much vividly; of the Force dragging him from the depths of death so he could protect the Exarch and the executives. He could almost hear the Force in his head again;​
Wake up.​
He seemed to snap to attention as he pulled his hand away from the wound. Unknowingly, his fingers had begun to twist into the wound - and he was sure it would be bleeding beneath his attire; held back by the synth-bandage.​
Metal from the ship, yes.”, he finally reiterated.​

Eira Talon

E
And yet he had survived.

Her attention flickered to his stomach, watching his fingers curl over the injury she sensed laid there. So he wasn't over it either. Good. Her chin rose, a small reassurance found in his body language.

She didn't like feeling like the only weak one of the group. Not the he was weak either, the fact that he was still alive after what he had endured... well that was the embodiment of strength. She was just glad to be the only one not okay. She watched Srina move away from them, her sister's body language telling a story.

"...Why does she like you?" Came the blunt, yet curious question. It was clear from the lilt of her tone it had intention-- a direction, a need. Despite her light tone, It was loaded with weight.

For a moment, Maliphant couldn’t help but give a side-eyed look to Eira - trying to discern if this was a jab at him or not; but he settled on the fact that Eira was simply blunt. It reminded him slightly of a toddler - though Srina was hardly any different. Echani raised on their homeworld seemed all the more difficult to speak to than most.​
After a long moment of contemplation, he exhaled - and watched her from the distance. She moved with a grace of a leopard, coiled and poised to strike even in a moment of mourning. There was a sadness in that, knowing she was always prepared to be struck down - though in that same moment, he realized his own shoulders, legs, arms were all equally as tense - and unknowingly had prepared himself for a strike.​
He did his best to relax those muscles as he spoke;​
I like to think its because I understand her.”, he offered quietly.​
We share a bond, through the Force, through intent. I know how to tell when she’s hurting when she’s upset - and how to be a rock for her in a storm.”, he mused.​
He wasn’t entirely sure, which bothered him, but he hoped he was close.​

Eira Talon

E
"Srina doesn't get upset." It was almost a scoff- the way her words caught in her throat. They had escaped her without permission, a gut response to a sensitive subject for her. Her sister was an enigma, as distant as the moon and as unfeeling as ice.

Well, besides that one moment in quarantine.

What could this man know about her blood that she didn't? The suggestion ruffled her, her whole posture posture rippling with this indignation before she could smush it back into submission. She took a shaky breath, her fingers growing sweaty on the saber she still hid in her skirts.

"Pleasedon'ttellherIsaidthat. I should not have said that. That was not what I meant." It was exactly what she meant, but childish feelings were going to get her no where with her family. They were a sign of weakness to her mother and sister. She was doing her best to rid herself of them.

"...What does she have to be upset over, anyway. She has everything she ever wanted."

Maliphant could feel a bit of sadness to her words - giving her little more than a frown at her scoff. He wasn’t going to correct her, nor was he going to offer any defense of himself;​
That reaction says it all.”, he offered quietly.​
If you want to know what upsets your sister, ask her.”​
Its not my place to tell you.”​
With that, Maliphant took a few steps away to find a bench - far enough to be out of active conversation distance from her. Her reply was harsh, and Maliphant wasn’t going to entertain her this time.​

Eira Talon

E
She had thought him a friendly ear. He had shown care for her thoughts over her sister last time. This time he separated himself from her, his reaction much different and unexpected. While her feelings had been biased, they were not easily expressed. His rejected stung, leaving her wishing she hadn't opened up to him at all. The distance he placed spoke volumes. It drew a line in the sand. One she would not forget.

She would not be doing that again.

She stood alone, her fist clenching, and let silence bleed into the air.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom