Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Staff Happy New Year, Chaos.

And so we enter the beginning of the 10th year for Chaos.

We suffer a lot of the same problems. We suffer a lot of the same success. We've got new features rolling in - dice, underworld currency, the vault, a few new maps being worked on. We've had some Majors leave, we had new ones arrive. Wars conducted, blood spilt. I mean, we've literally all had front row tickets to watching a roleplay forum survive a pandemic, a situation nobody was prepared for. Sure, you might think people had more time for it, but I think more about the mental space it created for a great many people and how that has affected all of us on a macro level.

We've seen similar success rolling in on our sole affiliate, Chronicles RP, who remains our friend and an outlet for fantasy roleplay if you'd like a safe place to dive into that. It is a comfortable feeling, that shared success in an environment, that two forums can hold their own activity.

I won't virtue signal, half of it is because of leadership. Staff, the RPJs, the Factory/Codex, the Major Faction leaders. A community, whether it be Chaos, a Major Faction, Chronicles, etc - a community always reflects its leadership. Leadership always sets the tone, and leadership always bears responsibility, the accountability.

But the other half is you guys. The writers, from the oldest veterans to the newest members.

Chaos isn't whole without you, no forum really could be, it's kind of in the definition of the word. Your imaginations, your creations, your stories and yes, even your criticism and your salt - all of it is a part of the whole sum. No matter whether it's Chaos, Chronicles, TSWRP, etc - your voice can build walls, your voice can tear 'em down. And it's because of Chaos's diversity and conflict that keep you all pushing.

Anyways, I won't ramble for too long. Stay safe, pour one out for the homies, and have a happy New Year.

-T

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom