Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Good Night and Good Luck (GA Dominion of Hosnian Hex)

6imNOsc.jpg
Republic City, Hosnian Prime
Freerago's Satellite Diner and Motel
Alliance Merchant Fleet Trade Expo
Hosnian Prime Orbit

The sun was setting on Republic City below them, but seated in the corner of the Freerago Diner [member="Miel Tevv"] hardly noticed the establishment's lights brighten to compensate for receding natural ambient light. Their current orbital velocity would take them back around to the dayside in a few hours, and Director Tevv hadn't even been in system long enough to shift his sleep cycle away from Byllurun Standard.

Of all the corporate conventions Miel had attended as head of SoroSuub's public relations division, the Merchant Fleet's was by far the most low key. It was perhaps not a coincidence that it was also one of the more tolerable, although an open bar went a long way in his book. Too long a way, in the case of his deputy Nathanos Darksword.

"...you've never been on a Sullustan luxury yacht, my dear? Smashing! We'll just have to rectify..."

Tevv tuned into the Hapans' current conversation for just long enough to confirm that his associate was well into his cups. There was not much to see outside, a massive Caravan of Alliance freetrader ships tethered outside blocked out most of an otherwise picturesque view. He glanced at one of the diner's HoloNet feeds in the hopes of catching an update on the local market, and the Sullustan's eyes widened in horror and disbelief.

"Nathanos," he called, unable to tear his eyes away from the feed. Snapping his fingers when he received no reply, he repeated, "Nathanos!"

"What?! Can't you see I'm in the middle....of....something," drunk as he was, it took Miel's associate several moments to first recognize something was wrong, and then to follow his friend's gaze.

"This is Action West of the Galaxy Beacon Nightly News, if you're just joining us I will say again that it appears as if armed sentients have stormed the premises, and are currently attempting to force their way into the primary newsroom, where we are now. This is shortly following unconfirmed reports of a developing hostage situation not far from here in the Senatorial complex-"

The sound of blaster fire punctuated a distortion of the feed until it was replaced with a stock technical difficulties digital placard.

"What in the Force?" Nathanos managed at last.

Director Tevv was already on his com, "Get me the State Office."

Primary Newsroom
Offices of the Galaxy Beacon
Republic City

"Please don't shoot!"

Action West struggled not to tremble on the off chance they were somehow still broadcasting, but could not help visibly wincing at every step the cowled figure took towards him. So far even despite his terror Action had pieced together that this was probably the group's leader, but it was difficult to think on his feet with several dozen rifles pointed in his direction.

"Read," the leader said simply, and when he spoke it was with a much quieter, gentler tone than the terrified news anchor had expected.

"Anything! Anything you want!" he nodded vigorously, quickly picking up the script thrust into his lap, "Are...are you serious? I can't read this. My...my producers would never air it!"

"Oh?" the robed man asked simply. Agonized screams from the control booth behind them punctuated his remark, "I do not think that will be a problem. Will you read? Or must I find another?"

"No! I mean yes! I'll read it! I swear!" Action pleaded, struggling to compose himself in time for them to resume transmission, "Attention citizens of the Hosnian system, the Galaxy Beacon is under new management."

He hesitated for another moment, glancing quickly offscreen at the robed leader who held the edge of a crimson lightsaber up to the neck of a quaking associate producer.

"Your world is under threat from the tyranny of the Jedi. Their Code is a lie, most of the children they take are sacrificed in twisted secret rituals. They have even infested your planetary government..."

Dark Heart
The Hanging Gardens
Republic City

"...but there is still hope! Even now, brave patriots struggle to cleanse Hosnian Prime's capitol building and this very news organization of the Jedi agents in our midst, seeking to prepare you for annexation into their corrupt regime!"

Echoing out all over Republic City, word by now had even reached those wandering among the famed Hanging Gardens. Hardly any of them in their panic noticed the faint rumblings of the ground beneath them, or the sudden chill in the air all around the sandstone pyramid at the Gardens' center.

For untold millennia It had been trapped in a dream, but mass hysteria accompanied by tell tale signs of the Darkside at work stirred It near to waking at last. The longer this chaos continued, the more control It would regain over Its own awareness. Already, It could feel those creatures that had once served It buried alongside this prison.

A terrible intellect willed them back to life, and gnarled claws began to burst from the earth.

Main Objectives
Orbital Trade Expo - The nomadic Alliance Merchant Fleet Caravan has arrived in orbit, having selected Hosnian Prime for their semi-annual swapmeet and in search of new business opportunities. Representatives of both the Alliance State Office and SoroSuub are in attendance and Freerago's is bustling with activity.

Hostage Crisis - Dark Jedi of the Mecrosa Order and their fanatical followers have stormed the Senatorial Complex and Galaxy Beacon headquarters, taking hostages and attempting to pull off a planetary coup. Fighting still rages in the capitol building between Mecrosa soldiers and the Hosnian PDF, but the Galaxy Beacon has been taken over completely and is currently broadcasting anti-Alliance propaganda.

The Beast Below - Something slumbers underneath the pyramid at the center of Republic City's famed Hanging Gardens. Trapped for an eternity, such high levels of psychic dissonance are now weakening the wards that keep Its' mind imprisoned. Even in a semi-conscious state, this entity is powerful enough to raise nearby Sithspawn back to life, bestial thralls to Its will who now terrorize the streets of Republic City.

And as always, BYOO - Bring Your Own Objective!

Klesta

The King of Ergonomic Assessments
Objective: Orbital Trade Expo - Peddle ergonomic assessments
Company: Sith Inquisitor
Allies: [member="Miel Tevv"]

Ah, Hosnian Prime... the planet he briefly served on the Republic Senate near the tail end of its existence. After he left Heklor to go sell ergonomic assessments in what is today Alliance-land for the first time in years, with Tiffany in tow, he will wonder how the people he formerly represented in the Senate will react to his offer of... ergonomic assessments. To those familiar with workplace health and safety, they are a godsend on the prevention side, but most businesses would only do so much as roll their eyes. So here was his chance to attempt peddling his beloved ergonomic assessments to a variety of potential clients at Freerago's. Such as Nathaniel Darksword of SoroSuub, Miel Tevv and possibly even [member="Fiolette Yvarro"] from Primo Victorian Shipwright if that was possible. Maybe he could land a big contract to go inspect the Alliance's government offices for their safety, or perhaps he would land a smaller deal with another company. But his presentation of ergonomic assessments would need to be clear, concise and also to the point. So, upon arriving at Freerago's, he would start talking about increasing productivity through prevention of work accidents and work-related injuries. The Fel Empire estimated than about 1/3 of workers' compensation claims are for work-related musculo-skeletal injuries, so it's more of a cost-cutting measure to some.

"With ergonomic assessments, you can prevent costly work accidents and work-related injuries before they happen! Group and bulk discounts available; get your quotes for ergonomic assessments today! Don't hesitate to ask us for more information about ergonomic assessments and how they can benefit your business!"

Fiolette Fortan

F

Fleet Trade Expo
[member="Taeli Raaf"] | [member="Miel Tevv"] | [member="Klesta"]

"It is not a date," Fiolette repeated to Kit.

Kit smirked and smoothed the jacket out for Fiolette. "Sure."

"You can clean that smug grin from your face as I assure you it is not a date," she again insisted that this was not a date, "this is a business meeting, purely."

Rae put her hand over her mouth to keep her laughter in. Kit on the other hand only stayed silent as she took the roller from the dresser. "If you say it's not a date then sure, it's not a date but forgive me. You're not exactly the type that simply goes to a second meeting after getting what you wanted."

"I-" Fiolette stopped there, Kit had a point. She never accepted nor proposed a second business meeting once she's received her contract. What could she say? What would she say? It was nice to talk about technology and starships with another woman. It helped that Ms. Raaf was quite easy on the eyes, "it is not a date and I must go, thank you very much Ms. Galeway."

"Oh ho-ho-ho, Ms. Galeway now, is it?" The blonde teased.

The redhead took in a breath and turned to head out of her cabin. "I am not sure when I will return but please do mind the ship while I am away."

Kit gave Fiolette a mock salute as she wrapped an arm around Rae's waist. "Don't do anything I wouldn't do." She added a wink.

Fiolette resisted the urge to stomp out, and instead made haste for the lift. "Dansen are you ready?"

"Of course Madame, I await your arrival in the hangar."

Good, at least one of them was ready.

Alleycat

OCC Account - MTFBWYA
Objective: BYOO-Executing an extradition order
Allies: CorSec [member="Brad Solo"] GA [member="Miel Tevv"] [member="Fiolette Yvarro"] [member="Klesta"]
____

Sasha didn't know many of the particulars other than a high value fugitive with multiple felony warrants for crimes committed on or against Corellia had been caught on Hosian Prime and the Coreliian government had made arrangements for the Corellian Security Force to extradite this individual back to the CorSec Maximum Security Prison in Coronet City to face legal proceedings at a later time. This is where the Major Crimes detective came in.

After drawing the short straw or had she been requested, that part was fuzzy when her superior was asked about it, Lieutenant Starkos reported to the landing pad at One CorSec Plaza for the billed "milk run" to the Core World located along the southern leg of the Corellian Trade Spine for the prisoner pickup. The spirited redhead never took easy assignments for granted as that is how one got killed and/or their partner, who by the way was on medical leave.

It wasn't my fault, right?! Fire Lily kept asking herself feeling guilty over him getting hurt. Crix Adler had gone inside a residence they were doing a stake out on by himself instead of waiting for them to advance together to clear. He was a good officer, but sometimes impatient as hell with her wanting to wait for backup.

Sasha proceeded up the boarding ramp of the transport wearing her typical suit combo, then the long-legged redhead made her way to the cockpit, stashing her tactical bag in a locker along the corridor before entering. Jade green eyes spotted the back of a male's dark head sitting in the pilot's seat, who's attention it seemed was somewhere forward.

"Sorry I'm late.... I got assigned last minute," Sash explained as she stepped up to the co-pilot's spot.

Allies: CorSec [member="Sasha Starkos"] GA [member="Miel Tevv"] [member="Fiolette Yvarro"] @Klesta

“Glad you could make it”, the man in pilots seat started to flip the switch. No doubt he was starting the process of starting up YT-1300 light freighter that used to be owned by [member="Hawk Solo"].

“Assigned late”, he slightly chuckled as he reached to his left flipping the auxiliary switch to the main bypass manifold.

“Did they tell you what the assignment was”, he asked as the hum of the engine started.

Alleycat

OCC Account - MTFBWYA
Allies: CorSec [member="Brad Solo"] GA [member="Miel Tevv"] [member="Fiolette Yvarro"] [member="Klesta"]
___

Sasha tried to keep the pleasant surprise off her face as jade green eyes zeroed on the identity of the man sitting in the pilot seat and would be in charge this CorSec assignment. She had been dreading getting stuck with someone well boring or a stick in the mud. Captain Solo would do just fine, if CorSec officer's rather daring or flashy more like exploits during the One Sith's attack on their homeworld were anything like his true self. The spirited Corellisi liked to go mach ten with her hair on fire herself so this should be fun, well at least very interesting.

"Glad to be here, sir," Sash answered with a positive attitude, slipping into the co-pilot's seat beside him with ease. She caught his chuckle at her reason for being late. It all but confirmed he was in on it.

"Just that it is a big baddie, who needs to be brought back to face justice," she offered nonchalantly, then added with a lopsided grin touching at the corners of her soft pink lips. "I assume you'll give me the lowdown once we make the jump as we'll have about three hours to kill."

Starkos quickly attached her crash webbing, then donned a headset as Solo fired up the engines of the heavily modified YT-1300 light freighter. She keyed the comm unit to get clearance for take off, but paused suddenly. "Erm... What's the identifier for this ship? Oh and the ol' girl is nice by the way... "

Klesta

Allies: [member="Miel Tevv"] [member="Fiolette Yvarro"] [member="Taeli Raaf"]

"What's the typical timeframe to actually see the financial benefits?" a prospective client asked.

"I would say that, typically, benefits can take a quarter or two at the earliest to materialize, but for sure it isn't a magic bullet"

Sometimes it can be a little difficult for prospective clients to understand that any financial benefit to ergonomic assessments won't be instant at all, and that it was often difficult to get prospective clients to understand properly. But in this environment where he has seen some companies have a bonus or twelve riding on a minimum profit level, ratio or absolute, and they were willing to fudge information to get those bonuses, be it stock options, cash bonuses or extra dividends, or even a material gift. That, even though, compared to the Naboo-era business world, today's business world was, relatively speaking, as clean as it will ever be. Especially since the general media was much more focused on public security than they were about economic stability. But there were those people who would not sacrifice the well-being of the population and for it to mean more than simply public security. Just that he was convinced that long-run viability would be easier to assure with a one-time expenditure, or maybe recurent expenditure if he chose to have those assessments made periodically.

Allies: CorSec [member="Sasha Starkos"] GA [member="Miel Tevv"] [member="Fiolette Yvarro"] @Klesta

Well things were going swimmingly so far.

“The lowdown”, it flowed like a question with a quizzical look upon Brad’s face. He did look over to Sasha. “Big Baddie”, he asked again still looking surprised. “Who said this was not just a ploy so I can spend time with you”, the CorSec captain said with a straight face.

He then laughed pointing at a CorSec data pad on the counsel to her left, “Data on the target, it is in the pad.”

Bard was still flipping switches and getting key systems online. “The ships identification is Kamikaze. Feel free to call it in and ask for permission to disembark.”

The Beast Below

The pyramid loomed over them. It wasn't supposed to 'loom'. It was a rebuilt wonder that Trextan had never been afforded the chance to see. Levels hollowed out within the structure were filled with plant life from across the Galaxy. The outside was supposed to be green laced with a myriad of colours.

There was no colour on this side of the pyramid. Like a shadow stretching up from the base an infection seemed to have been killing off the plants. Leaves had been turned her black. He didn't dare touch them to see if they would crumble.

This was where the centre of the darkness spreading across the city. In the distance he could still here blaster fire from the edges of the quarantine zone the Alliance had established. And yet here they. At the centre of it all.

"Don't know what we'll find in there, but it's not going to be good."

Hosnian Prime Orbit
Aurum Saccs Bank Expansion

The nomadic Alliance Merchant Fleet Caravan had arrived in orbit, having selected Hosnian Prime for their semi-annual swapmeet and in search of new business opportunities. Representatives of both the Alliance State Office and SoroSuub are in attendance and Freerago's is bustling with activity. With a soft smile and an encouraging wave, Saffron stepped off her shuttle and into Freeago's Satellite Diner and Motel.

They were here to look to expand Aurum Saccs Bank locations not only with the Alliance Merchant Fleet Trade Expo, but also to establish locations on Hosnian Prime. Initial scouting reports indicated there were several options but the two that stuck out to Saffron were the possibility of a satellite orbital location or within one of the towers of Republic City itself.

"It is quite beautiful," Saffron murmured, hazel eyes taking everything in. "Come on, Elthree," the young blonde woman murmured to her L3-37 assistant.

"There is much to do."

Aryn Teth

En-route to the offices of the Galaxy Beacon, Republic City, Hosnian Prime, The Core Worlds
Interacting With: [member="Koda Fett"]
Aryn looked again over the datapad in his hand, playing the live broadcast of the Galaxy Beacon, broadcasting the anti-Alliance propaganda that the Mecrosa had forced them to follow. It was the kind of thing Aryn had grown used to seeing come from the propaganda outlets of the First Order and the Sith Empire, none of it was particularly new or original in any way. Sighing, he closed his datapad and tucked it away in one of the side-compartments of the police airspeeder he sat in. Turning his gaze towards one of the higher-ranking officers with him, he cleared his throat and spoke firmly.

"Do what you can do block the broadcasts from getting out of the offices, no point in letting things go on like this while we deal with the situation." He explained as he sat back, sighing as he looked out towards the offices of the Galaxy Beacon, growing steadily closer as the speeder made its way outside the sky-ways, taking a far quicker route, if one more exposed, towards the offices themselves. It was honestly no surprise to Aryn that something had gone wrong this evening, it seemed like some horrible curse that followed the Alliance to each of its new worlds, there was always some crisis in need of resolving and so, very little rest for the Supreme Commander.

The crisis itself was of course primarily under the jurisdiction of the local Republic City Law Enforcement, but they had been working closely with the Alliance over the past few days, and Aryn was now likely to be directly involved in the rescue of the hostages. It did feel strange to be under the jurisdiction and orders of another after so long being at the top of the chain of command, but frankly, Aryn was looking forward to it. One eventually started to get quite tired of handing out orders all the time.

Lemon

Citrus Dreams
HOSNIAN PRIME

REPUBLIC CITY

Time to settle the score.

The Mandalorian soared through the skies within Spear II, the second incarnation of the Concord Spear. That old dog lied within a swamp on Dagobah, and everything within it ruined in it's entirety. Even memories from a past life. The rain impacted with an inaudible thud as the vessel flew through the clouds above Republic City. A certain Supreme Commander of the Galactic Alliance left Koda in a state of... embarrassment. He was here to fix that, right his wrongs. Embody the 'curse' that followed the Supreme Commander each time he ventured to a new star system with the intent of having them fold into their Alliance.

Fett didn't care for the Alliance, only for Teth. The former can wait.

Spear II​'s engines roared and the thrusters brightened as the Bounty Hunter pushed the joystick forwards, causing a descent. The bright lights of the city catching his eyes, but the exposed speeder consuming the entirety of his attention. It was surely a bloodlust, yet whether he wanted him dead or not was uncertain. There was something out of place once the infamous starship revealed itself; civilian vehicles began to divert their course, steering clear from an obviously armed vessel, but for Aryn it was too late.

A singular hand movement determined the next event. Fett's right hand shuffled along the stick, flipping the cap off, revealing one large red button. A smirk cracked his slips, tugging at the left side of his mouth, "Catch." He muttered, amusing himself whilst pressing downward. A rocket pierced the air, followed by a blue trail as it aligned itself with the back of the speeder. Teth was one hell of a pilot, but there was no escaping this.

Koda Fett was back, and he was out for blood.

[member="Aryn Teth"]

Klesta

Allies: [member="Miel Tevv"] [member="Fiolette Yvarro"] [member="Taeli Raaf"]

"First, if you feel that a short-run expenditure is worth the long-run benefits, which is often the case with preventive operations, we would like to know how many assessments are to be made"

"Why?"

"Two things: there are group and bulk discounts, which, in the workplace health and safety industry, are separate tiers of volume discounts, and also credit terms that are different depending on the volume"

Then Klesta showed a schedule with not only the order sizes commonly associated with group and bulk discounts, but also sample credit terms of past clients that hired them on a group or a bulk discount, which are representative of the actual credit terms new clients would obtain. As with all services, FOB destination is assumed when billing ergonomic assessments, regardless of lot size, but the prospective client learned that while 2/15, n/60 was common on a group discount (such as the Stone River Textile Mill), on a bulk discount, 3/20, n/90 was more readily granted. Which made a bulk discount a better bargain for those companies who hesitate between the two but whose potential number of assessable stations is marginally greater than the lower limit of a bulk discount. In his experience, virtually every client would do whatever they can to get it paid by the second deadline, with a much shorter majority that would make it to the first deadline. That, even though he knew that the net profit margin essentially doubled on a job performed on a bulk discount when the client failed to pay by the first deadline (typically 20 days after the last assessment).

Hosnian Prime Orbit
Aurum Saccs Bank Expansion

There were a few locations groundside that would suite Aurum Saccs Bank. The first was a double tower building, relatively close to the spaceport at the capital city. It had the option of having several private landing pads for their use. The only problem being is that if they went with this selection, they would need to spend additional time excavating and constructing a high tech and high-security vault.

Another option would be to not purchase a building for sale but to instead buy property and construct their own. This would provide maximum flexibilty with layout and security options. However, even if they had the vast resources ATC and Browncoat provided for such a project, it would take significantly longer than simply buying a building.

tumblr_okazgvdi6L1tv9ctro1_400.gif
Freeago's Satellite Diner and Motel
[member="Fiolette Yvarro"]

Hosnian Prime was an odd world in her opinion, and the station the Alliance Merchant Fleet was doing their expo was also odd. A motel? Not even a full hotel or restaurant? That was probably going to need to change in the future. But that was by the by, she was here for a couple of reasons.

Number one, the world offered a top-notch flight academy in the system and Aurora Industries was interested in establishing an outreach office and construction facility for starfighters in partnership with the flight academy. They would get valuable advice on what pilots liked and disliked, and pilots, both students and experienced instructors, got the chance to test brand new technology. Even better, Aurora would pay them for the chance to do so.

Number two, an expo like this always was nice to see who came, what goods were on offer, and so on. As a businesswoman like herself, she liked to keep an eye on the market and the Alliance Merchant Fleet was a good resource to keep track of.

Number three... well that reason was far more personal, and why Taeli was currently leaning against one bulkhead of the station, checking her chrono. Fiolette wanted a second meeting, and after the first... well who was she to deny such a request?

Fiolette Fortan

F
"A rather dreadful spot for an expo, I must say," Dansen admitted, "you would think something of 'Alliance Merchant Fleet' would have a little more polish."

Fiolette smirked and responded, "perhaps they're asking for more money."

"I should think not, the Alliance makes quite enough."

She wanted to laugh, "ah Dansen, you speak the words so close to my heart. Now, I am not in the business of real estate but I would be more than happy to enlist the aid of another to flesh out this pitiful hotel? Motel? Some... holiday spot, surely."

"Ah, I know just the number! Shall I go and page our contact for such a thing?"

"Please," Fiolette let her personal droid off to call a mutual friend to see about purchasing the motel. This left the Galidraani alone at the expo, and allowed her to view the wares as offered by various vendors officially Primo Victoria had nothing to offer. Still swamped with work, which reminded her to check with Kit and Rae on the status of the refueling stations that MaraTibX contracted them for she knew they had run into a few design issues as they looked at the new crystal fused engine. Those delays now regarded production as they switched from Hoth bound crystals to the artificial crystals produced on Contruum Six. And as Fiolette walked the expo hall her attention was captured by [member="Taeli Raaf"] almost as soon as she rounded a corner that resulted in the admiral nearly hitting a pillar. Nearly, although she was sure her arm managed a piece of the pillar all the same.

She changed directions and crossed the floor, "Ms. Raaf a pleasure to see you again."

Alleycat

OCC Account - MTFBWYA
Allies: CorSec/GA
w/[member="Brad Solo"]
___

You wish?! Sasha mused to herself as a smirk played at the corner of the spirited Corellisi's lip in reaction to Solo's remark about the ploy factor. She thought better of it though to chase that response with a verbal quip of her own. After all, they were on CorSec's clock and supposed to be working professionals here.

The redhead's eyes looked to the data pad mentioned on the flight console, then her dark green gaze went over to the Captain as he finished readying the light freighter for launch. "Thanks... I'll take a gander at the prisoner jacket once we are airborne," Starkos answered with an appreciative nod, then paused a moment when he said the ship's identifier.

"Kamikaze is the ship's name.... Really?" Sash exclaimed shaking her copper-red head in amusement. "Gosh I hope you don't fly her like that or I won't get the overtime promised just the death benefit... Well my cat would actually, but that is besides the point," she chuckled softly at the inside joke, then keyed the comm unit to get that clearance finally for take off from flight control.

It was true... Miss Kitty was listed as her next of kin. Sasha had no one else, well that counted as real family. The events of that fateful day Corellia was broken in two had taken the last of them. Over all though, the tragedy had made her stronger for it.

The Beast Below

One of the Scarred did exactly what Trextan had resisted. Poking the blackened leaves with the muzzle of his rifle gently led to the leaves falling to ash.

"Rebreathers on," Master Yvette called. The tall and slender falleen had taken on Trextan's tutelage over the last few months. "Don't touch anything either," she added. "There are sith poisons that can infect through the skin."

The place was sick. Trextan could feel it through the Force. Something deep within this pyramid was spreading the darkness.

Part of him wondered if they wouldn't be better off just levelling the entire structure from orbit. That probably would have had severe political ramifications. Still, if they all died in there maybe someone would take the idea more seriously.

The young Jedi unclipped his lightsaber and led through the entrance. The light seemed to fade away unnaturally quickly and he soon lit his saber. Some of the soldiers tossed down small chemical lights that burned a harsh blue.

Trextan looked up. Hanging gardens. All dead. Just blackened lumps clinging to the ceilings far above. He tightened his grip on the saber ever so slightly.

Hosnian Prime Orbit | Aurum Saccs Bank Expansion

More and more forms and figures would fill the Satellite Diner and Motel. There were even a few familiar faces with [member="Fiolette Yvarro"] and [member="Taeli Raaf"]. However, as they appeared to be in an intimate conversation, Saffron merely began to wander the length of the hotel lobby. Her blue and silver sari would whisper delicately against her legs.

A small beep drew her attention to her datapad. It was more potential properties. This one on the northern sector of Hosnian Prime. It was a large piece of land. An area they could build upon, perhaps, much like Vineta.

There was still the orbital station option, but the more and more images of the property filled her screen, the more Saffron was starting to consider that having their location on Hosian proper was the way to go.

Klesta

Allies: [member="Miel Tevv"] [member="Fiolette Yvarro"] [member="Saffron"] [member="Taeli Raaf"]

"So a group discount is for 10-99 stations and a bulk discount is 100+ stations? I get that you spend on the short run for long-run benefits, but what are those long-run benefits in question?"

"These benefits are threefold: reducing sick days and workers' comp if applicable, reducing productivity losses due to improper station setup and improving employee engagement, especially if employees complained about management not taking care of their work environment"

Often companies experience productivity and/or morale problems because they failed to pay attention to what elements in the work environment makes people work well. For example, flex-time is often an implicit acknowledgment by the employer that traffic is causing problems, even if it was a benefit given under the most restrictive form of having flex-bands and core face hours. But usually an employer that acknowledged traffic as a labor problem that affected productivity would also acknowledge that one cannot assume the time-on-task for a given task is deterministic either, so the freedom of taking breaks whenever one wants is pretty much a given, especially in industries where the actual revenue rides on the back of "all-or-nothing" activities, that is, an activity that cannot be interrupted once started. Such as short-haul space transportation, where workers assigned to work a short-haul flight must perform a job from start to finish, defined differently depending on whether the job is ground-side or spaceborne. That, even though the spaceborne finish sometimes is not at the destination.

"We had a rash of work-related injuries so let's make it quick"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom