Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Galactic Alliance

Vykon Halke

Interim Chief of State
GA_logo41.png

The Galactic Federation of Free Alliances
The Galactic Alliance was founded by Representative Vykon Halke in response to the growing corruption within The Galactic Republic and Jedi Order. Led by the Triumvriate, we seek to eliminate the Republic and restore peace to the Galaxy. Founded on the core principles of freedom and equality, we believe that the Republic has become too violent and warlike, most recently seen at Etti IV. In response to the growing problems within the Republic, the GA plans to launch a daring rebellion in hopes of ending the now tyrannical reign of the Republic.

This faction was created with the intent of rebelling against The Galactic Republic.

If you have any questions, you can PM me/post them below.

Vykon Halke said:
Let's not forget the removal of the Grandmaster because he did not attack everyone in sight.
Because he did not attack Dark Siders on sight. Or even attempt to arrest them.

But I can tell you take your job as a politician quite seriously, what with your twisting of the facts.

Do go on; this is entertaining.

Y'know...there are factions around with the same premise already, except they don't bother the Pubby writers with rebellion.

Kinda curious how many pubs are going to support a group for fighting Sith. With the needless violence against murderers...and all.

Vykon Halke

Interim Chief of State
Sarge Potteiger said:
Because he did not attack Dark Siders on sight. Or even attempt to arrest them.

But I can tell you take your job as a politician quite seriously, what with your twisting of the facts.

Do go on; this is entertaining.
Darksiders?

So you're saying that everyone with 'Sith' or 'Dark Jedi' tags needs to be hunted down and killed?

Did they even violate Republic laws?

They need not violate Republic laws, as it is their very use of the corrupt Dark Side of the Force that requires us to root them out wherever they make home.

You do not question when we try murderers, or thieves, so why question when we hunt down Sith? Often they are the same people as the other criminals, just with Force Sensitivity. If they can be redeemed, we will do so. If they wish to be arrested, we can abide. But if they decide to fight, we will kill.

Such is the nature of the Jedi. I cannot understand why people seem to think it is OK to use something as innately corrupt and dangerous as the Dark Side. It drains your life and the life of those around you, feeding off your anger and hate - two emotions most species find distasteful. And yet, somehow, we're bad for wanting to rid the galaxy of these people.

You expect those who break the law to be arrested, and the Jedi hold that the law of the Force is to never stray to the path of the Dark Side. While our Archives are incomplete - the Gulag Plague was not kind to any world - we know that it was a single Sith who took down the Old Republic, and it was the Sith who ruin any attempts at government after.

Attempt to study history instead of spouting from a soap box and perhaps you would see the good we do, instead of narrowly trying to protect the rights of Dark Siders to continue to murder, lie and steal for power - physical power, emotional power, political power. Power is what they want. Hatred is what they thrive upon. If those are two things you wish to see more of, so be it. You are entitled to that view.

But a Jedi will not simply allow these people to subvert others as they themselves have been subverted.

And as for Josh - you were willing to let a young Knight take two Dark Siders away from the Order rather than bringing them to the Temple to be monitored. For all you knew they could have simply killed him when you weren't looking and you'd be the fool. Or the fact that you brought a Dark Sider into the Temple on Coruscant. There's always that.

For all the good you did, Josh, you did ill, too. And while I don't think at the time of the vote you deserved to be ousted, you didn't help your case letting said Dark Sider walk away scott-free after bringing him to the heart of our Order. A sad day indeed when a Dark Sider can walk the halls of our Temple with impunity.

TL;DR: As has been the goal of the Jedi throughout history, we are doing our best to root out the corruption of the Dark Side. This shouldn't be something you find distasteful. This shouldn't be something you think wrong. At what point is being a Sith something to aspire to?

Vykon Halke

Interim Chief of State
Daella Apparine said:
In that case, good luck. I suggest getting the Rebellion started quickly, as the act of posting this thread has likely painted a target on your back for a lot of Republic members to chase.
As stated in Tef's guide to Warfare, OOC will affect IC. This Faction won't be left alone for long.
I've already received warnings and threats. I just wanted to see if I could get anyone else before the fireworks begin.

Vykon Halke

Interim Chief of State
Sarge Potteiger said:
They need not violate Republic laws, as it is their very use of the corrupt Dark Side of the Force that requires us to root them out wherever they make home.

You do not question when we try murderers, or thieves, so why question when we hunt down Sith? Often they are the same people as the other criminals, just with Force Sensitivity. If they can be redeemed, we will do so. If they wish to be arrested, we can abide. But if they decide to fight, we will kill.

Such is the nature of the Jedi. I cannot understand why people seem to think it is OK to use something as innately corrupt and dangerous as the Dark Side. It drains your life and the life of those around you, feeding off your anger and hate - two emotions most species find distasteful. And yet, somehow, we're bad for wanting to rid the galaxy of these people.

You expect those who break the law to be arrested, and the Jedi hold that the law of the Force is to never stray to the path of the Dark Side. While our Archives are incomplete - the Gulag Plague was not kind to any world - we know that it was a single Sith who took down the Old Republic, and it was the Sith who ruin any attempts at government after.

Attempt to study history instead of spouting from a soap box and perhaps you would see the good we do, instead of narrowly trying to protect the rights of Dark Siders to continue to murder, lie and steal for power - physical power, emotional power, political power. Power is what they want. Hatred is what they thrive upon. If those are two things you wish to see more of, so be it. You are entitled to that view.

But a Jedi will not simply allow these people to subvert others as they themselves have been subverted.

And as for Josh - you were willing to let a young Knight take two Dark Siders away from the Order rather than bringing them to the Temple to be monitored. For all you knew they could have simply killed him when you weren't looking and you'd be the fool. Or the fact that you brought a Dark Sider into the Temple on Coruscant. There's always that.

For all the good you did, Josh, you did ill, too. And while I don't think at the time of the vote you deserved to be ousted, you didn't help your case letting said Dark Sider walk away scott-free after bringing him to the heart of our Order. A sad day indeed when a Dark Sider can walk the halls of our Temple with impunity.
You claimed he did not attack darksiders on sight. That implies, that regardless of anything, you would kill them. Without trial or anything, what happens when you stab the wrong person? I do not support the darkside, but you cannot violate someone rights because of that. Killing is not keeping the peace.

Most Dark Siders attack us on sight, so for most Jedi the natural reaction is to attack them on sight. Not all do, but some. You have a point in that I did say that, but let us be honest - Jedi and Sith cross paths. Jedi says he's a Jedi, Sith says he's a Sith. What's the Sith going to do? He's not going to walk away. He finds the Jedi distasteful. The Jedi is anathema to him. He'll likely attack.

If we believe there is a chance to avoid a fight, we won't [fight.] But we only do that if they wish to come back to the right path. The path that isn't the Dark Side.

If not, they must be dealt with. Is it sad? Yes. Do we enjoy it? No. But it is what must be done.

I misspoke, true, and that does make your point for you. But I highly doubt you will find that point in practice. A hardliner surely would do so. But I imagine Masters Graysen or Gan would attempt to bring them back into the fold first.

Ultimately, however, it doesn't matter what I say here; We're the Jedi. We're evil.

We're warmongers.

That's what you want me to say, right?

Fjorra the Huntress

F
It's very important to remember one thing. In the eyes of the common citizens of the Galaxy who have no firm understanding of the Jedi Order and the Sith; nor of their teachings or understanding of how they work, a Jedi and a Sith are the same thing. I forgot where on Wookieepedia that I've read it; though the line more or less backs it up. A common galactic citizen that is trying to go about their business that has never had any deeper contact or interactions with a Jedi or a Sith won't be able to tell the difference.

Either way, I believe that this is a faction advertisement for the Galactic Alliance; which in itself should not be bogged down by the perception of the Jedi Order and being called warmongers; nor should it devolve into further pointing or debate of the subject beyond the Galactic Alliance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom