Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Junction [GA/SO] Unhallowed Front | GA/SO Junction of Yvara & Epica

7r79WHz.png

Engaging: Vulpesen Vulpesen
Allies: Sarlow Zambrano Sarlow Zambrano Darth Carnifex Darth Carnifex
Enemies: Zark San Tekka Zark San Tekka Thurion Heavenshield Thurion Heavenshield

Lina was consumed by him, the battle forgotten as he drew closer, the battle momentarily forgotten as he kissed her. She was his entirely, there was no more denying it, no more keeping her true feelings at bay. As he drew back, his whispered words washed over her, banishing her fears and doubts.

Both sabers hissed into life as he stepped away entirely leaving her burning with passion as she turned to face her foe.

“I don’t surrender to lesser beings.” She replied as she advanced, closing the gap between them, stepping into the force as she moved, calling on alchaka to deepen her connection to the force to grant her the strength would need to defeat him. “And I am not your ‘darlin’”

Her sabers flashed, the djem so form coming to life in the aggression of her assault as she sought to split him in two, blades drawing a line from the centre of his abdomen outwards.

Nkbtqkq.png

Tags: Damian Du Couteau Damian Du Couteau
Open to anyone able to swoop in and rescue!​

Lily let out a small hysterical laugh. “No, no I’m not. I’m not a Jedi. I’m just…” she shrugged. She hadn’t found a label that fit her, aside from telepath, and that wasn’t one she liked to throw around. People were deeply uncomfortable around people who could read their minds.

She watched him soothe the children, and pushed herself slowly to her feet moving away from the roof they’d just escaped to check their route, the distant battle was getting closer, but not by much. Something in her mind was screaming they were never going to make it, that she should leave them behind.

She would never, she could never.

The voice fell silent at her confirmation and she looked back at the children, wrapped in his cape.

“They aren’t my siblings. I found them while escaping, couldn’t leave them to…” she trailed off before shaking herself free of the morbidity of it all. They would find a way to survive. Someone would come. She had to believe in that.

“I’m Lily.” she offered her hand.

Objective: Avoid becoming fox faced sashimi
Allies: Zark San Tekka Zark San Tekka Thurion Heavenshield Thurion Heavenshield
Enemies: Lina Djo Lina Djo Sarlow Zambrano Sarlow Zambrano Darth Carnifex Darth Carnifex

Lina and Sarlow's kiss, at least, gave the Valde an opportunity to search the battlefield, finding his missing saber a few feet away beneath some rubble. 'There you are.' Sheathing his dagger, Vulpesen reached out and called the weapon back to his hand, smiling as the phrik handle shook off the stone and dirt to smack itself satisfyingly into the palm of his hand.

"I don't surrender to lesser beings."

"Hm? Wha-" Vulpesen's sabers flew up just in time to intercept the first of the sith woman's assault, her dizzying crimson blades clashing against his again and again as he did his best to weave a defensive orb around himself with makashi's flowing movements. "Suicidal and specieist. You sure know how to pick 'em, son!" he shouted to Lina's "better" half. Though, admittedly suicidal may not have been the proper adjective considering how she now had him on the back foot. Vulpesen knew his way around a blade, but for decades he had been chasing rogue wilders and common criminals. Instinct was keeping him alive, but he was quickly realizing that he'd allowed his dueling skills to get a bit rusty. He had faith that his cloak would hold up against a few blows should his blade skills fail, but that was a card he'd rather keep up his sleeve. The less these sith know about his arsenal of tricks, the better. "Well," he grunted as another one of her blows through his left arm wide, leaving him to just barely catch her next strike with the hilt of his right handed saber, "you've got spirit, lass."

e5awcqv.png

Objective I - Yavin IV

Darth Amarok's focus on his telekinetic maelstrom wavered as he suddenly noticed a visible shockwave racing towards him. He felt something akin to a loud clap of thunder slamming into him as he was lifted off his feet and flung several feet in the opposite direction. Force Repulse, he realized, as he rolled painfully to a stop on the ground, losing his grip on his lightsabers.

"Very impressive," Darth Amarok said as he slowly rose back to his feet, retrieving his weapons with a Force pull. "But ultimately....futile."

Invoking Force Speed, Darth Amarok rushed towards Connel, hoping to catch the Jedi off guard long enough to inflict some damage with his lightsabers.

TAG- Connel Vanagor

Celanon
Trade Consortium
Objective: Escape | Interacting with @Makai Dashiell Rolin Voss
Enemies : Zombies | Allies : Not Zombies

[I do not believe we have this selection in our smooth jazz playlist. ] Thirty-Seven expressed this to El-Three, who was tapping his foot to the uplifting beat.

[ We do not. I shall conduct a search to identify the composure and add it to our list. ] El-Three replied, his ocular sensors dimming and then brightening in his quick search. It was an important matter to identify, of course.

Outside, the droids were able to see through the clear lift the immense damage conducted by the bombardment and the chaos of the undead horde, along with the panicked civilians and travelers. Dark smoke funnels would twist up to the sky.

[ I have found the selection and added it to our playlist. ] El-Three suddenly chirped out in a pleased tone. [ Most excellent. ] Thirty-seven replied, twisting his metallic wrist in anticipation of whacking a few more zombie heads. He now had a personal record to overcome.

There were two slow-shifting figures as the lift slowed to a stop by the sky bridge hall. One was the security guard, while the other was a speeder valet. Unfortunately, not everyone managed to escape being converted.

[ Step lively. Mister Dashiell has made it to the Aurora. We must make hast to the tower. ] Thirty-seven relayed the message from Makai. The slow hiss of the lift slid open. A staggered step followed the first twist of an unnatural head in their direction.

As El-Three could not let go of Myra, he stayed behind Thirty-Seven while the other droid slashed and bashed at the first zombie. The second, he made a distinct wet squish as it fell to the floor.

Aware of the need to rush, the two droids sprinted quickly through the sky bridge, heading over to the other tower.

Last edited:
Zark spat blood, "I can do this all day."

Unnatural light from the trench where Heavenshield and Carnifex traded blows illuminated the Jedi Master's damaged armor in occasional flashes. He activated the shock lance clutched in both hands sending an arc of electricity surging through its tip. Static energy made his hair stand on end.

"Dark science has twisted you into something corrupt," Master Zark circled the Sith with more caution, "But there's still a chance for the girl. This path will take her from you just like it took your world. She'll be another casualty in your father's endless war."

Fighting with a spear forced him to change tactics. Zark jabbed out several times, goading the Dark Lord's creature to risk exposing themselves to his superior reach with any counter. He tried to force Sarlow away from the other fight and back towards uneven ground where cracked earth made footwork more precarious.

Last edited:
Empires Rise and Fall
e5awcqv.png

CS3FUG8.png

Sarlow chuckled dismissively, "Clearly, you've hit your head, Master Jedi." The Wolf Prince effortlessly evaded the lance, maintaining his lightsaber in a defensive stance. He had no intention of doing more than entertaining the old man before him. "I am not a product of my father's experiments; no, I am a result of his love for my mother. I am their first, and my curse is a result of my own folly."

With his back to Lina and the winged creature she fought, the charismatic Panathan continued, "You see, I was a young lad, no more than nineteen. There was a witch who lived deep within the village; I had gone to see her. At the time, I wanted nothing to do with my father. She promised me that I would be much, much different than him."

"I became cursed with the creature you just saw," he sidestepped the blows with ease, the Master Jedi attempting to goad him from a distance. "As for my beloved, she is as dark as I am. Your views are tainted by that which you serve, Master Jedi," Sarlow told him plainly. "This entire time, I have done nothing but tell you the truth, and at each turn, you seem determined to twist it to your narrative."

"Even now, you seem determined to keep me from my beloved, of which I should tell you she can handle the creature that fights on your side. Although their talents are wasted, the Jedi, as I am evidently shown, do not care for any truth but their own. No matter how I may try to explain my own to you, it falls upon deaf ears. It is truly a wonder then how the New Jedi Order doesn't consume itself."

He paused, laughing, "Wait, I know, because the only acceptable narrative is the one they shove down your throat." Venom laced his words as his laughter ceased.

"What is a free thinker? He is a worrisome burden to his order and must be reminded of his place. Is that what it's like for you? They must continually re-educate their own kind, remind them of their so-called righteous fight against the dark?" Sarlow chuckled, "Please, spare me your breath, prattle to someone who might be willing to listen." Sarlow's words, laced with a dark charm, danced through the air with an air of arrogance.

4438emV.png

Objective III: (Sabotage) Evacuation
Planet: Raydonia

Sith-blood.png

"They are taking them. All of those people forced from their homes, they think they are safe... you and I know differently."

"W-we... We do?"

"Of course Malvis. They aren't who they claim to be. They aren't protecting your people from the Sith, They are the Sith. Just look at how well they have fooled everyone else, little do they know that the fate awaiting them is far worse than death."

"B-but... The Jedi, they wouldn't hurt-"

"Have you ever seen a Sith before, Malvis? Do you know what they look like? How are they different from the Jedi?"

"No... But... What are they going to do t-to them?"

"Oh, I couldn't possibly tell you everything... But they will pray for death, Malivs. You can save them from that fate, you have to be willing to make one last sacrifice."

"I... I'm scared. I don't know if I can..."

"You can. You must! Think of your wife, think of what the Sith would do to her. Your sacrifice will inspire others to defend their homes, to stay and fight instead of running. But you must be the spark, no one else can do it."

Without another word, a bag was passed from torture to victim, a rather hefty and seemingly harmless thing. Still, the man took the bag with shakey hands and clutched it close to his chest. Long had he endured the invasive concoction from his new master, but his mind had been sufficiently broken to ensure he was more accepting of his orders. To his credit, the man had lasted a few hours longer than Nefaron had initially believed possible, but in the end, he succumbed to the fear of loss and came to see the man destroying his mind as a guide, a rational voice in these turbulent times. Even as the battle raged on Celanon and Yavin, Nefaron sought to ease the path of the coming undead by destroying what little trust there was between the locals and incoming Alliance and Jedi forces. Raydonia was often overlooked and many of its residents enjoyed the relative peace that came with being so insignificant to the galactic powers, but now they were being dragged into a war none of them had chosen, far worse were the outsiders coming to take them from their homes. The population was split, many bunkering down in their homes and threatening aid workers with blasters should they come close. They thought to withstand the coming storm as they always had before.

They had no idea what was coming. But there was no need to dash their hopes just yet.

Still, Nefaron sought to make this world into yet another blasted waste that the Jedi would become bogged down in, wasting their resources and allowing the Sith yet another advantage in the coming slaughter. First, he would need to see the locals turn against their "saviors", and poor Malvis would be the catalyst of that distrust.

"Rember" the Sith began, quiet and gentle "It's okay to be afraid."

With these final words, Malvis rushed off to do what he thought was right, entirely unaware that he was doing the bidding of the very enemy he was terrified was coming for his family. Nefaron need only watch from the safety of his perch overlooking the evacuation sight. Already, hundreds were gathered to flee off-world, seemingly protected by Alliance forces. It was clear that not all were happy to leave, many already arguing with evacuation staff about their belongings and the destination of these evacuation shuttles.

Nefaron activated his comlink, broadcasting to his agents in the crowd.

"The time has come. Await the signal, then set the crowd loose against their saviors."

So he watched, a shuttle being freshly loaded for departure near the rear of the landing pad was the focus of his attention. He need only count down the seconds...

The explosion within the shuttle utterly destroyed it, chunks of debris landing within the crowd as many began to flee. Then, of course, the agents of the Sith, promised safety should they resist the Alliance, began to rally the groups within the refugees, arming them with rudimentary clubs and chunks of rock. A riot was brewing, and it threatened to spill over into a full revolt.

They have tasted fear. There was plenty more to come.

Kahlil_Div2.png

Don't let them touch you.

He'd let his attention lapse, focused instead on giving Valery the assistance she needed. Well, needed was a strong word, but it'd certainly help for her not to have to worry about the invisible spears. They were one of his favored spells, back when he was still Sith. Easy to focus, easy to launch. Not so easy for targets to defend against. Valery was certainly capable of defending against them.

His assistance just meant she could focus on the attack instead.

But it was foolish to let his mind wander as he had. The Acolyte had charged forward towards him, brandishing a saber filled with malice. Sith weren't foolish. If anything, they were the desperate type to win, as failure often meant death. Or something far worse. He narrowed his eyes as he turned his saber, ready to defend against the strike coming his way, and did so.

The first strike he was the most warry of. He hadn't seen what the Sith had been building up to, but the sheer concussive nature of it confirmed much. Kahlil's grip loosened as the blade flew from his palm, only for him to dip under the next strike as his other hand brought his blaster around. The gun was built with the Force in mind, and on a pull of the trigger he similarly let a bullet out with a concussive force within to knock the Acolyte's blade back, effectively using the blaster shots themselves as a shield for the brief moment his saber was gone from his hand.

It came back, landing cleanly in his palm as he reignited the Entropic edge and swiped back.

Trayze Tesar Trayze Tesar | Darth Malum of House Marr Darth Malum of House Marr | Valery Noble Valery Noble

Damian Du Couteau, Senator of Empress Teta
Objective Two
Outfit (Cape-less)

JiGZUcY.png

Damian looked at Lily’s hand and bowed before shaking it, “My name is Damian Du Couteau, an honor.” His politeness ingrained into him as if a part of his instincts, not even a Sith invasion could make him forget to bow.

His crimson eyes turned to the children for a moment, his cape finding a different purpose, before he turned his attention back to Lily. “I’ll help you protect them all the same,” Damian promised.

“I’ll go inside the building here and try to either get communication or a location for help.” Damian explained quietly, “-I’ll be quick, and you should stay up here to rest with the children.” He added, he knew it would take time for the undead to climb so many floors. I’m sure I have enough time to do this.

Damian dug into his pocket and pulled out his commlink device and went to place it on Lily’s hand, “If I don’t make it back in time check periodically to see if it starts working, this will connect you to a Captain or a pilot. Tell him what happened and he’ll track your location with this commlink.” Damian explained quickly, looking into her eyes for a confirmation that she understood. “Okay, I’ll look to bring back some water as well.” Giving her a rather weak smile.

I’m only going to the floor right beneath us, so it’s not that dangerous. Damian began to think positively, but regardless his pragmatic mind wanted to keep him slightly at ease if something terrible did happen. He turned around and headed towards the edge of the roof, he couldn’t see any balconies below him but he did spot a fire-escape ladder and quickly climbed down to the first window. Damian’s hands pressed against it and tried to press it upwards, unfortunately it appeared locked so he reached for his vibrosword.

He turned his head away and stabbed the glass, Damian faced the broken window and scraped away the jagged pieces before climbing and stepping into the room. A bathroom. His eyes looked at the sink and shower head, it was a small one and when Damian opened the door he realized they landed on an apartment building. He quickly looked around and searched the only other room and found nothing, but the living room that connected to the kitchen had a computer.

Damian quickly turned the computer on and connected himself to the holo-net, he breathed a sigh of relief that he was receiving information. Mostly warnings, which is still good to know. He started to work to see where the closet evacuation zone was and sent a message to his Senate Guard and ship pilot. Unfortunately he couldn’t wait for a reply but he trusted them and Damian began to look around the kitchen for water and a bag. If they're flying closer to the surface they probably won't need to worry about any communication jams and track my commlink. They just needed a general location rather than flying aimlessly above a city under attack.

Damian stopped moving when he heard a sound from the other side of the door. It sounded like a stumble and somebody shuffling, he froze before carefully walking back to the bathroom. His left hand held a plastic bag with whatever canisters of water and snacks he could find while his right quietly held onto the hilt of his sheathed blade.
They got here too fast, I got to get back up quickly without making any sound.
Vy2NTqS.png

|| Lily Rhodes Lily Rhodes ||​

He raised an eyebrow as the spears loosed, for a moment part of him, allowed himself to bask in the victory, the trap was laid, she was caught, and her execution from countless spear thrusts would play out right before him, yet there remained still a very poignant question, as time slowed between them, as ironically the moment of his victory was delayed as he approached continual infinity.

"I've only just gotten started."

Why was she not responding?

There was no desperation, no quick movements, no fear of her impending demise.

Ironically it was his fear that came out, a twinge in his brow, as most of him knew as the hairs of the backs of his neck stood to attention, there was something wrong, something he was missing.

His eyes widened, as the Darkshears were about to find their mark, skewering the Sword of the Jedi, the Grandmistress of their Order, an accomplishment that would send his name rushing through the history books, yet all that would never come to pass, it was as if the Force's light itself had made itself manifest around Noble, as a shield of golden runes formed around her, nullifying the effects of the Darkspear, before they could fulfil their purpose.

Yet, that was not the entire reason for the shock.

No, that was reserved for the signature he felt from the light.

So the Shield defended the Sword even in the midst of his own battle, even from this distance...

...How could he have known...?

He resisted the urge to gaze towards him, knowing through the darkness making out anything would be impossible, knowing through his vision without gaze, that the Zambrano was still engaged with Trayze. So what was it? Was Trayze's offensive unsuccessful? Had this distraction aided Trayze? Yet now, all the more importantly, how in Chaos, had the Zambrano known?

He had little time to consider further, as he heard the telltale hiss of a lightsabre deactivating, his eyes widening, as he found his momentum pushing him forward, where there was once opposition, there was nothing.

"What is she willing to sacrifice for victory?"

As he heard the plasma hiss back to life, he knew of at least one thing.

Honour.

"You know, for one they called the Sword of the Jedi, for one who calls herself Noble..."

He hissed as he pulled on the Force with his free hand, and amid the darkness, another hiss filled the air, as a second blade of red plasma made itself known, deflecting the strike for his leg, as it played defence against her speed-driven strikes, all the while, throwing forth his momentum with his freed blade, he attempted to slash down, attempting to sever her in half.

"...I expected better."

Valery Noble Valery Noble Trayze Tesar Trayze Tesar Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble

Lina’s slander of him being lesser had nothing to do with his race, and everything to do with his alignment to the Jedi and the light. His lack of understanding of that fact only drove home the certainty that he was indeed, lesser, unable to see beyond face value.

Her unrelenting assault drove him slowly back, he had gone from a being of immense power to something she could beat simply by changing the rules of the fight. She was a blademaster before she was a sorceress and Lina had every intention of making him bleed. His need to speak was irking her, as their blades tangled she twisted to drive them down to her lift, all four sabers scoring deep into the earth.

“My name is Lady Djo.” she told him coolly, cocking her head. “I thought you were going to show me power?” a smirk spread across her face.

CS3FUG8.png

"Thy house will wither upon the vine, Heavenshield. You will only realize it slowly, when the fast vestiges of strength fail you at last; and you become a prisoner in your own flesh." The Dark Lord's venomous words were as biting as the strikes from His blasphemous blade. He spun the scepter lackadaisically in His hands, watching the Golden Lion with blazing purple eyes. Just outside their periphery, Tosochkashai and the Heavenshield continued their dance; spinning away and striking one another again and again like the rhythmic beating of a drum.

Darth Carnifex stopped spinning His scepter as the Light renewed it's struggle against the encroaching Darkness, and the Golden Lion surged forth blazing with righteous fire. The dislodged meteor of stonework was easily handled, as both anticipated. Carnifex struck it through with the power of the Dark Side, scattering it's many pieces across all corners of the crevasse. But Thurion was right there, sword flashing to carve the Dark Lord to ribbons. But holy blade struck against mangled iron, the Dark Lord keeping Thurion's weapon at bay with the shaft of His scepter.

As the debris from the broken stone fell further into the darkness, they were at once seized by a terrible force. They spun down in the shadows, collecting together as a great typhoon of rock and gristle. Then it rose, rearing up from the darkness like a tremendous serpent of interlocking scales. Carnifex pushed against Thurion, breaking their lock, and swiping with the head of His scepter. But it was only a feint, the Dark Lord vanishing from view a heartbeat after He'd swung and purposefully left Himself open to counter, vanishing in an instant.

Space had folded around the Dark Lord, and it now unfolded many meters away. But where the Dark Lord had been, and Thurion still resided, the swirling maelstrom of stone spun up and then spiraled down towards. The stone serpent opened it's mouth as though to consume Heavenshield, to engulf him with a thousand meteorites. Carnifex watched impassively, caring whether or not how the Golden Lion evaded or weathered the crushing blow; for He knew that nothing so rudimentary could end the life of the King of Midvinter.

"When I left the Wellspring, I was filled with a great confusion. Things that I had thought forever lost to me had again returned, and I experienced elation for the first time in thirty years. I struck out into the galaxy as a phantom, disappearing from all sight and history. I was not idle in that time, Heavenshield, for in those quiet years I laid the groundwork to ensure that I would live forever; master of all shadows. You will not know it yet, but I have already stolen the galaxy's future. The children of all worlds belong to me."

Vulpesen grunted as a saber slash glanced off what would have been his nose if not for his mask, then again as another bounced off his forearm, deflected by his coat and the songsteel bracer beneath. There were cracks in his armor, true enough, but a hundred battles showed their memories in his movements, cheating the majority of Lina's efforts to break the golden orb that was being woven around Vulpesen. "How Rude of me." His blades flourished together and his hand shot out with a checking force blast. Given the short moment , there was nowhere near enough power gathered to shatter bones or even bruise the body, but like a flourishing blade, the move was meant to simply give him some breathing room. "Vulpesen Torrevaso, Valde of Veradune and Archwilder of Vitae Sect."

Beneath that golden fox mask, there was an intense gaze, and his demeanor had changed. She'd earned a break from the jibes and taunts. "I've walked in the light of the jedi and the dark of the sith and found neither were worthy of service. What matters if life and the force. Some day I'll likely die battle, protecting some stranger I've never met in this war that never ends." His wings flared and two dozen "feathers" to orbit his body in a deadly ring of steel. "Not today." he growled.

Lina Djo Lina Djo Darth Carnifex Darth Carnifex Zark San Tekka Zark San Tekka Sarlow Zambrano Sarlow Zambrano Thurion Heavenshield Thurion Heavenshield

Last edited:

Trayze Tesar

e5awcqv.png

OBJECTIVE I - YAVIN IV - ASSAULT ON THE TEMPLE (PVP/PVE)

CURRENT MISSION - BEAT HIM BACK!
Immediate Goals - Break him.

BLUFOR: Darth Malum of House Marr Darth Malum of House Marr

OPFOR: Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble Valery Noble Valery Noble

The skidding Jedi Master had brought an elation, an elation of hope to Trayze Tesar. Here, the feared and hated enemy could be pushed back - if he kept up the momentum. This had been what all those grueling hours of training had lead to, a chance to prove himself as a peer, an equal, no superior to his cousin Malum. For all of his power, the Lord of the Tsis'Kaar had yet to land a blow on the Grand Mistress of the Jedi Order, and Trayze did not intend to let this be a fluke.

Letting out a barking laugh of triumph, he allowed a pressing advance of Soresu, sending the blaster bolts right back at the Jedi. Blasterfire! As if he hadn't endured a hundred firefights before setting foot on this planet - there was a reason he had chosen slugthrower over mere blasterfire. Force users couldn't redirect molten metal, and he proved that here and now.

With the swipe of the strange blade, Trayze clashed with the Shield of the Jedi, their blades interlocked for the briefest of moments, a predatory grin on the Kiffar's face, and a battle madness that he had long suppressed glistening in otherwise burgundy eyes. It would be a battle of attrition, between the wayward Zambrano and the Acolyte, whether the reservoir of raw Force would break Trayze or Kahlil first, for while the blades interlocked Trayze's lightsaber began to thrum and bend, acting not only as a conduit for the Kiffar's mad plan as well as the Kyber crystal.

Who would break first?

Last edited:

The blast was like a kick to the chest, shunting her back a few feet. Granting him the room he needed. Lina's drew in a deep breath and exhaled slowly steadying the her breathing before it became laboured. Alchaka took its toll, but she could balance it well enough.

She cocked her head at his introduction. "I've heard of you." She said softly "Unfortunate that we should meet like this, another time and place, we might have exchanged words, instead of fighting on opposites sides" she watched the feathers unfurl and begin to surround him. A demand, for her to split her focus.

A pool of black ichor formed at her feet as she summoned the darkness to her, calling upon it for protection. Tendrils rose from its depths as she stepped forward curling up her body like snakes settling at various points poised and ready to strike, her green eyes vanished into glittering obsidian orbs.

"I wouldn't be so sure of your survival."

She stepped forward again, closing the gap once more, a blur of red flashing sabers and inky tendrils, seeking to tear through the ring of steal and reach her prey.

e5awcqv.png

Yavin IV
div-orange.png
Outfit: Factory Link | Wedding Ring
Weapons: Blasters | Lightsabers
Tag: Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble Trayze Tesar Trayze Tesar Darth Malum of House Marr Darth Malum of House Marr

Another snap-hiss followed the ignition of Darth Malum of House Marr Darth Malum of House Marr 's second blade, and caught the strike meant to sever her in half. The Jedi Master and Sith Lord were forced into yet another lock of blades as a result, both with a pair of weapons hissing and aggressively sparking against each other. Valery's eyes were intense in the moment, burning with her inner fire and a pure focus to bring him down. But in that brief moment of being so closely engaged, she managed a smirk.

"I've heard the same words from far more dangerous foes, and they're gone now." Valery shot him an annoying little wink along with her grin, and then instantly vanished. Her entire presence, both body and mind, replaced by that of another. The Sith Lord now found himself in a clash not with the Sword of the Jedi, but the Shield of the Jedi.

The Dyad between the Nobles had allowed them to swap places to catch their enemies by surprise.

As Valery appeared in Kahlil's place, she found herself interlocked with Trayze's blade and immediately shifted into a tactic familiar to Malum now, but not to this apprentice. Her entire body phased once more, allowing her to pass through the Apprentice's weapon and body while his forward momentum would hopefully off-balance him. From behind, Valery immediately aimed a likely unexpected attack to his back — a single swipe meant to lash out all along his torso from behind.

She wasn't holding back, not even for an Apprentice.

e5awcqv.png

Objective: Stop the Undead - Save the Soldiers
Allies: GA/NJO
Enemies: The Sith Order - Vestara VII Vestara VII (Engaging)
Equipment: Lightsaber, Spear, Armour

At some point Katherine had lost the physical trail she had been following. The thicket had become difficult enough to fly through, let alone the flora that grew more dense the deeper she delved. For a time there were obvious signs of a group pushing through the foliage, but even that eventually faded.

The Padawan let out a noise of frustration, only to be silenced as she felt the hairs on the back of her neck stand up.

A wave of darkside energy washed over her for a moment, before passing by and dissipating. Katherine remained frozen for a few seconds, before flying upwards like a bullet. She slammed through the canopy of trees, sending leaves and branches flying everywhere. It wasn’t until she was a fair distance up in the sky, that Katherine finally stopped.

Someone is actively using the Dark side nearby, but where?

The winged Padawan closed her eyes, focused on the Force and stretched out her senses. Back when she had first arrived on Yavin IV, Katherine had taken the time to meditate at one of the bases. She wanted to get an idea of where the largest convergence of the undead were. However, it wasn’t the easiest thing to accomplish.

For one, she was still only a Padawan and could only sense so much. That, and Yavin IV had its share of history with the Dark side. Between the Massassi temples and the numerous Sith Lords that had etched themselves into the moon’s history.

But Katherine was able to discern that the undead had a slight ‘active’ presence within the Force. Like small plagues of locust, buzzing about the moon looking for their next meal.

That’s why the sudden wave of dark energy had startled the Padawan’s senses. It felt alive, as if someone or something was actively manipulating it. Churning and shifting with insidious intent, with an unsatiated hunger.

Whatever it was, it was worse than just the undead that were attacking. And with that belief in mind, Katherine flew into action.

Using the Force to summon her spear, the Padawan flew high above the dense jungle. She kept her senses sharp as she scanned the terrain, before suddenly pivoting and diving straight down. With any luck, she’d land somewhere either within, or just outside whatever was happening.

Katherine braced herself as she passed through the canopy of trees once more.

Kahlil_Div2.png

He was going to burn himself out.

Kahlil could see it as their blades clashed. He was trying to replicate the Entropite, that much was obvious. It wasn't going to end well. Kyber wasn't made to absorb energy, not to this level. It was dangerous. Mostly to him, but also anyone else that was too close. He smirked just a little, though. "Don't get blown up." He wasn't talking to Trayze.

In an instant the Shield was gone. In his place, the Sword.

"That's a lot of smack for someone hiding in shadow to fight."

The pale, hungry blade he held pressed back heavily against both of Malum's own. He'd taken the Sword's place, the Force having long given them a power that defied common sense. He smirked, just a little. This was more up his alley. Sith magic. Runes etched their way in the space around them before flashing bright to scatter the shadows away.

"Why don't you show me what better is?"

Valery Noble Valery Noble | Darth Malum of House Marr Darth Malum of House Marr | Trayze Tesar Trayze Tesar

A Roc Cargo Speeder flew through the embattled city. From inside the cargo bay Minerva Fhirdiad fully decked out in her emerald Mandalorian armor but with red Alliance emblems painted, each of the shoulder padurons stood with eleven of her commandos. They could feel the airspeeder shake all around them every several seconds. Most of Talon company had already deployed to help fellow GADF troops with evacuation points throughout the city.

Minerva looked from her left vambrace, getting the latest reports from her comrades and command. She allowed herself a sigh thinking.

I spent weeks in and out of bacta tanks since Kiffu then more weeks in that military hospital on Corellia for physical therapy. That was frustrating to put it mildly.

Looking at Sumi, her Astirsan tech expert and the others rechecking their equipment, she nodded and it was returned glady by them. Despite everything Talon was glad to have its original CO, Mandalorian or not. Anyone who did have a problem was allowed to transfer to different units.

Minerva didn't begrudge those who did so for it was their right. Still she allowed herself a smile to know that most of them accepted her. They were more or less family. Such thoughts were interrupted by a new explosion from a shuttle as it went down into the city in further blast. The Mandalorian readied her weapon in hand.

Suddenly her left vambrace beeps repeatedly. Lifting the arm and she clicked on it and a holographic form of a male Zabark with a netural expression in a colonel's uniform appeared. The latter swiftly said.

"New orders Captain Fhirdiad. I just received a distress call from Senator Du Couteau's staff. They have located their charge who was MIA until now but they can't reach him for the time being due to the escalation in their sector. You are to search and retrieve the senator, following the general coordinates already being downloaded to your team and the pilot. Is that understood?"

"Clear as moon crystals." Minerva replied before shutting off the transmission.

She looked to her team who heard the message. Briefly the armored warrior wondered why there was a senator here of all places. Was he on business legal or otherwise or helping with the evacuation. Whatever the case, orders were orders and she said out loud to the other Talons.

"You all heard our objective but I'll add another. If we find other survivors we rescue them too. Their lives matter just as much. As for these zombies, don't hesitate to use overwhelming firepower. No point in holding back."

Toward Sumi she asked.

"You got the commlink signal corporal?"

The younger solider checked her datapad before beaming and exclaimed.

"Yes I do, Cap. It's coming out of an apartment complex southeast of our position."

As if on cue the gunship made a sharp turn in that direction, forcing the troops to hold on to anything to keep themselves standing. Right hand on a railing Minerva waited for the maneuver to be completed before calling the pilots via comms.

"Once you get us close enough we'll make the jump and you keep on standby."

"Copy that Captain. Good hunting."

It wasn't long before their craft drew closer and Sumi used her datapad to pin-point which apartment exactly it was. The pilot's intercom called out.*

"I see three individuals on the roof, a young girl with two kids!"

The description didn't match the senator's but what mattered was there were lives to save. Minerva hand signaled the team and she and them rushed forward out of the cargo bay. Seventeen Talons dive in before descending on their collective feet via jetpacks onto the roof in front of the trio. While her comrades were already forming a protective perimeter around them, Minerva rushed with the Pantoran team medic, over to Lily and the kids.

"Don't worry we're going to get you all out of here soon. Are any of you injured?"

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom