Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

From the ashes we rise, the rebuilding of the Hall of Healers

Jsc

Disney's Princess
@[member="Marcello Matteo"]

The male Matteo was indeed prompt and able. Seemlying surprised, she accepted the blueprints and nodded thankfully.

"Ah. Excellent. Thank you good sir."

She took a moment to look them over before retiring.

"Very good. I'll go looking for the proper equipment and begin working on the east side. Cheerio."

She disappeared into the noise and hammering with a crisp swagger of her hips. It was time to get to work.

___

@Cathbodua @Rasu Gan @Joshua DragonsFlame @Rianna Organa @Ordo @Noriko Ike @Karen Roberts @Hawk Solo @Marcello Matteo

"Master Roberts, I believe all equipment and crew you will need is on site yes. I will have the construction workers for the walls come in behind you as the wiring is completed", Iella replied.

Iella moved off toward the crew and issued the plans for the walls. While they waited for the completion of the internal wiring, they would work on the outer structure. The droids carried the equipment and vehicles to load and place the larger wall sheeting .. the crew operating and supervising the beginnings of the shell.

When Sarah went to get the delivery off her ship, the representative informed her the delivery was actually some supplies for the reconstruction of the hall of healers, and could she get them over there, She sighed and carried two of the 4 pallets off the ship, and asked exactly where this was, he pointed it out. As Sarah thought for a few moments, and considered her finances, she decided it would be a better investment to just haul the stuff over there. So Sarah grabbed some straps and secured the first 2 pallets for carrying, and closed and sealed the hatch, She walked back to the two pallets grabbed and picked them up with a grunt, and started walking after all it was only a couple blocks. When she was about to the site she noticed that her suits cooling unit was starting to break down. Sarah walked up to the person who seemed to be in charge and set the pallets down with a thump in a cleared area by them, @[member="Iella E`ron"] and then offered her the bill of lading as she tapped the cooling module to see if that would get it to start working again. I can go get the other 2 pallets in a minute when I catch my breath, its rather warm today, Sarah said almost panting. (if anyone goes to move the pallets they weight about 300kg each)

"I am not much of a construction foreman, but as Jedi we most certainly know how to do things" She smiled, "Commander Roberts that's excellent, Marcello always on top of things I see perhaps you and our Mandalorian friend here would work together, Hawk excellent" She looked at Rasu, "if he gives you any trouble, gibbs slap him it will help"

Rianna looked at Sarah, and took the bill of lading, "Very good, this is great, you take your time catch your breath, do you need water?" Rianna looked for the tub they had filled with water bottles.

She exhaled, Everyone was disbursed into their respective areas, and the job began, the sounds of hammering, saws, light banter, and whistles filled the air.

@[member="Ordo"] @[member="Marcello Matteo"]@[member="Iella E`ron"] @[member="Hawk Solo"] @[member="Sarah Frostlight"] @[member="Karen Roberts"] @[member="Rasu Gan"]

"Thank you, Padawan." Rasu said as she made her way to join Hawk Solo, hammering away at one of the floorboards. Grateful to the young man, Rasu didn't even mind that she would have to be taught by a member of lower ranking to her. She was just thankful for the assistance, he was giving her something to relieve her boredom after all.

"Don't worry, I'll make sure to keep him in line." Rasu replied to Master Organa's little joke, an attempt at teasing the young man. A smile grew on her face as she kneeled next to Padawan Solo and began to watch him secure the plank of wood with the nails and hammer, taking in everything so that she could assist him soon enough.

@Ordo @Marcello Matteo@Iella E`ron @Hawk Solo @Sarah Frostlight @Karen Roberts @[member="Rianna Organa"]

Jsc

Disney's Princess
East Side Construction
Wiring & Electronics

Karen rounded the building and took a moment to review the plans Matteo had gifted her. She understood how to construct a traditional Ziggurat and today's modern building techniques were not lost upon her thoughts. It was a lot like building with Legos, Grant had said. If you've got all the parts then just follow the instructions. What a silly thing to say. Just the thought made her giggle.

"Jedi Roberts?"

"Terry!? Oh my god. It's you? Wow. Long time no see soldier. Come here and give Karen a hug."

Terry Victors. He was a dashing human male with fluffy red-hair and very light skin, and eyebrows. But his perfect smile and beaming white teeth made him the center of attention. Karen jumped up and gave the ol' Jedi a hug. He squeezed her tight and jumped back to exclaim with happy emotion,

"Haha. It really is you. Karen Roberts of the JSC. How you been girl? Love the hair by the way? Did Grant let you do that?"

"I'm good Terry, I'm good. How's you. Gosh. Still working here on Coruscant. That's amazing. I thought for sure you would have transferred to Tython by now?"

"Aw well. There was a new Grandmaster every two weeks while you were gone. I left when Wraith took power and got a job in the private sector. Money's good and the Temple was always nearby. Figured I could spare a day or two around here. ...But what about you? Omega didn't work out?"

"Ah. Corellia was beautiful but the whole Medical career thing was a disaster. Turns out I'm better at killing people than putting them back together. Haha. Go figure."

He ran his long fingers through his hair and laughed. They walked around the construction site for a moment. Just talking and catching up. They had a whole year to recover since the early days. It was fun playing catch up with old friends. Especially when your both Jedi who grew up without the Order. Two hedge knights from the old guard. They loved every moment of it.

"So? Your helping out with the electronics today?" Terry smiled and rubbed his nose.

"Indeed. What have you got for me?"

"Well. The droids are still carry the capacitors in from the railyard over there. But with construction going on so fast, they didn't get us enough robots. Greg and I can put the pipe conduits in faster than they can get me the supplies. Think you can fix that?"

"Sure. Let me just grab a truck and I'll make few runs down to the railyards for you."

"Great. You'll probably need a few droids to help with the lifting though."

"Oh Terry. You've been lazy. I can lift your old airspeeder like it was paper these days. Haha."

"Well no kidding. I guess working 40 hours a week has left me behind the times. Good on ya' gal. ...I'll see you in twenty then. Just drop the supplies with the red astromech over there. He's keeping count."

The little droid swiveled around and beeped happily,

~ *woop woop. Bleep'bop. dwee dwee biddle'biddle'biddle. wooo.* ~

"Haha. Got cha'. Back in a few."

Terry waved her off and Karen dismounted to go find a truck she could borrow. It would only take about half an hour to get Terry the long pipes he needed. It would be a good place to start.

___

@Rianna Organa | @Joshua DragonsFlame | @Iella E`ron | @Hawk Solo | @Rasu Gan | @Cathbodua

Ordo Nodded to the Jedi woman his scarred face doing it's level best to produce a decent smile.
"I grew up as a farmer Miss. There's not much I can't do or learn how to do." Ordo hiked a finger back to his ship, "I brought tools and Medical supplies as well, but I didn't know what was needed so I only brought the basics, but there is plenty of ship grade tools in my cargo bay your people are welcome to whatever they need."

Ordo wanted to help and he didn't want anything for it but he figured being surrounded by Jetiise that he didn't need to tell them what they could feel. Ordo had twenty years of farming life under his belt, and in that time he learned a lot about life. One thing always stood out, 'helping for others feels a lot better than helping yourself', and even though He still hadn't found his lost fiance, he knew he could do things with his life that would honor her memory.

"You just tell me where to go first ma'am and I'll get started." Ordo grinned again the best he could. Now that he wasn't fighting it was hard not to think of his Bria, but it had been eight years now without a trace and all he wanted was to get busy on something to keep his mind from old memories and his hand from the bottle.

Noriko moved with more crates of equipment and materials, she was staying off to the side while building and letting it be erected but she moved stuff out of the way or restocked as needed. There was much one could do but she didn't have the skills to wire the building or to make some of the stuff, just haul materials for the others. It wasn't glorious or big but it was something she could do that helped out and in the end that was all that mattered as they went about working to rebuild the hall.

Marcello nodded to Rianna just as...something walked up after dragging a bunch of massive pallets near the construction site. Lingering just long enough to hear the exchange, Marcello arched a curious brow before addressing Sarah, Rianna, and the Mandalorian.

Turning to the Mandalorian, Marcello offered a suggestion. "Something is better than nothing. If you want, unpack the medical supplies so we can at least have them readily accessible should anyone get injured. I believe the medical facilities are more or less...manageable. I might be mistaken though. When I get back, I'll help with whatever you might need."

Shifting his gaze to Rianna, he made a brief addendum. "You'd know better about the medical stuff, Rianna. If you want to help him get started, I'll assist our friend here..." Marcello motioned to Sarah. "...with the rest of the pallets." The weight of the pallets was relevant but not terribly so. Marcello himself weighed over a hundred kilograms. He surmised that he could easily manage what she'd already brought with the aid of the Force.

Without really saying another word, the blonde Jedi Master turned and jogged lightly in the direction of Sarah's vessel and the remaining two pallets.

@[member="Sarah Frostlight"] | @[member="Rianna Organa"] | @[member="Ordo"]

@[member="Ordo"] @[member="Marcello Matteo"]@[member="Iella E`ron"] @[member="Hawk"] Solo @[member="Sarah Frostlight"] @[member="Karen Roberts"] @[member="Rasu Gan"]

Hawk makes a face at Rianna comment. He shows Rasu how to properly hold the hammer and nails. "It real simple. Anyone can do this." He says to reassure her that she can learn how to do it. He hammers in a few more boards. "Your turn." He hands her the hammer. "Be careful not to hit your thumb."

Sarah walked back to the ship with @[member="Marcello Matteo"] and released the locks and opened the cargo ramp, with a gush of cold air, she indicated the 2 pallets, "I can help take them over, if you want, I just need a few moments to see if I can tell what's wrong with this cooling system, do you think its rather warm here today?" She asked. as she glanced at the hatch readout it indicated that the outside temperature was ~70F
Sarah pulled enough of the armor off to get at the climate control module, and noticed that it had failed because its energy cell was depleted muttering to herself she opened up a supply locker and started digging around where she managed to find a spare energy cell, and swapped it in, she smiled happily as the climate control module reactivated, so she stripped off the tattered armor plates, and put the expended cell in a charger then walked back to the hatch making sure the pallets, and Marcello were off the ship, she closed and secured the ship again, picked up a pallet and headed back to the site.
After delivering the last pallets she asked if there was anything she could help with, although she knows a bit about systems and electronics she is not exactly an electrician or construction worker, and she looked at the other flimsies her passengers had left her she realized that one said something about delivering to ... (for some reason she couldn't read it) at the jedi temple. She shrugged and stuck the note into a pouch on her belt.

Rianna looked at Ordo's scars, a smile was always welcome. A farmer the salt of the earth, hard workers, long hours and often very little gratitude.

"We can use everything and anything, I am most appreciative of all of it, and if you should ever need a healer please come to me, I am Rianna Organa."

Rianna looked around, "Did everyone here this honorable man has offered tools to us to use. So be mindful and put them back" Rianna smiled broadly to him again a show of thanks. "It does its one reason I became a healer, to help others. Its also why I stayed a Jedi" Yes there were things everyone had in common, this was a bond that undeniable.

Where to send him, she looked around "I'ella could probably use help." Rianna pointed towards her fellow Jedi. Then Marcello made a suggestion, "There are two things, in truth I can unpack the supplies if you would rather swing a hammer" Something about his aura said something was troubling him.

@[member="Ordo"]
@Iella E`ron

@[member="Rianna Organa"]
@[member="Iella E`ron"]

Ordo felt strange as the woman looked at Ordo's face. It hadn't bothered him for years and it didn't bother him to have her look at his scarred now, but he did feel different. The woman looked younger than him but like most Jedi her face held an expression, a quality of agelessness that lay somewhere beyond years and seasons
Ordo almost felt that the woman's dsrk eyes could read his whole life in the scars that he'd grown so used to.

She smiled at him then. It was an honest, appreciative thing to do and not a common sight to Ordo's grey-green eyes. He had spent 8 long years beyond the rim looking for his lost wife to be and he seldom had any medical supplies. More than one scar had been stitched by his own hand using nothing but a needle and thread. He didn't know how to respond to her kindness. She showed him more than respect she had compassion and with an open offer of aid. Ordo was nearly speechless.

The big Mandalorian let down the guard he kept up around force users. His mental calculations of hyperspace coordinates. It was a simple trick but it worked. His thoughts again drifted to his Bria when she spoke of helping others, but he tried to keep his smile on. The thought of her long dark hair and big kind eyes, His Bria. She had been tough and loving in one shell. Ordo cleared his throat twice before answering the Jedi Healer.

"Time and hard work are about the only healers that can help me now Miss Organa." He said as his eyes caught hers breifly before he looked away toward the other Jedi I'ella. "I would sure appreciate swinging a hammer for awhile if Miss I'ella doesn't mind, and there are two anti grav sleds on my ship to help unloading."

Ordo stamped down his feelings again and again as he spoke. This was going on his longest stint of sobriety for the last 2 years and he could feel it, but Bria would want him to be clear headed and happy, so he had to try.

@[member="Ordo"]

Iella turned her head as she hear her name, she smiled at the man offering help. All help will not be turned away this day. "Sure it would be pleasure to have you join in the construction", she said. "Grab what you need .. we are starting on the outer structure until such time as the internal wiring is completed".

She turned to see the progress .. so far all was going according to plan.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
East Side Construction (2)
Wiring & Electronics

Karen pulled back into the construction site driving a large cargo hauler. She had gathered the coils and prompted parked the truck to begin unloading. Terry was sitting nearby finishing a sandwich so he hopped up to meet her,

"That was fast. Nice work Blue."

"Thank you Terry." She smiled as she dismounted the vehicle, "36 coils in total."

"Perfect. D4 will want the count. He's over with Clark right now. I'll whistle him over."

"Don't bother Terry. I'll just start unloading and he can come get me whenever."

"No no. We only 8 at a time. Just bring the first conduits over there on a pallets and Clark and I can handle the rest."

Karen rubbed her nose and looked around. She could do that. But what came next,

"Alright. And after that?"

"Haha. Take lunch. You can join us when you're done. Clark and I already ate."

Karen pouted,

"What? You ate without me? I feel so unwanted."

"Haha. Heh, whoa. We thought you'd be gone for an hour. Sorry Blue. If I'd known..."

"Yeah yeah. Fine. I'll just grab one of the guys over in roofing then. Maybe he'll appreciate waiting for a lady. Hmph."

Karen walked away in a playful, mock hip-sway. Terry just sighed and shook his head,

"Ah. ...She hasn't changed a bit."

___

Marcello was...mostly quiet as he walked with Sarah back to her vessel. Conceding to her repeated offers to help, he secured one of the pallets and allowed her to manage the second. When they'd returned to the temple with all of the equipment, the Jedi Master quickly set to work helping those that needed it with various tasks. He was certainly...not a contractor, electrician, or public works official. However, he could follow instructions easily enough, and he knew a bit about engineering processes to keep from being entirely pathetic. If nothing else, he could carry things around.

The building was going up a lot faster than Rianna had expected, the additional help and supplies certain did make all the difference. "I don't think Miss I'ella will mind at all" She spoke to Ordo softly respectfully he deserved that, and more. She hoped she could make a friendship with him, she missed being around the mandalorians. They were always such a hearty people, full of life and song.

Rianna herself unpacked all the medical supplies quickly there was quite a bit here and she was not sure how she would ever repay what was brought. It warmed her heart and soul to know people still cared.

A few hours later the only thing waiting to be put were the rafters above. And that would take a crane, and workers to nail them in place. Yes the Hall of Healers had risen once more.

@[member="Ordo"] @[member="Marcello Matteo"] @[member="Karen Roberts"] @[member="Iella E`ron"] @[member="Sarah Frostlight"] @[member="Noriko Ike"] @[member="Hawk Solo"] @[member="Rasu Gan"]

Ordo was a bit struck by the kindness of the Jetiise woman. He had felt lost since the attack on Dromund Kass and he longed to be the man that he was, the simple farmer, the pilot, the man Bria had loved.

"Thank you Rianna," the big man said knowing she didn't have to be warm, "maybe I can come back and say hello after the work is done?"

He nodded again and opened his tool kit and began framing so the interior could get done. The woman was like rain on parched ground to Ordo and it meant a lot.

@[member="Ordo"]

She heard his voice "by all means do maybe I can offer you a glass of black ale from the Lucky Lady " She sensed something but she wasn't sure

His aura had changed. He was calmer.

Ordo heard her offer and looked at her with an appreciative smile. His smile was not the best the scars made the natural lines bend and break in the wrong places, his eyes squinted more on the left than the right but he offered it. He felt...better. It was strange but he was glad he'd come here to give of himself and his time. He was glad to meet Rianna and experience unselfish kindness. He would deffinately take up her offer as soon as she wanted.

"I'd like that." He said. His deep voice was warmer than he heard for a long time. He was usually playing papa with his vode or trying to keep the mood light when tension filled the air but for now it was just him. The walls came down for the first time in ages. "I'd like that a lot."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom