Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flashpoints 2.0!

While reading [member="Kor Vexen"] 's suggestion regarding invasions, an idea wormed into my head revolving around Flashpoints. As of now, they seem fun - but ultimately, there's not much going for them in my opinion. What I propose is turning Flashpoints into the hub for Dominion buffs/debuffs when it comes to Major Factions. Here's how:

When a Flashpoint is launched between two major factions, the victor receives a buff towards dominions the following month. This buff will enable them to turn in all of their Dominions at half of the accepted post count.

Likewise, the loser of the skirmish will suffer a debuff that will increase the minimum, acceptable post count for their Dominions by half.

When the thread is completed, the major faction leadership will convene. Each major faction will choose a non-site staff representative to judge the flashpoint, and then mutually choose a non-site staff representative for a total of three judges. This panel will determine the victor.

If the panel is unable to determine a victor within the allotted judgement period of one week, both factions will suffer a debuff that lowers the total Dominions they can submit the following month by one.

A major faction can only launch one Flashpoint at a time. Like invasions, Flashpoints only require a one week notice.

And a major faction can only be targeted by one Flashpoint at a time. Any confirmed foul play (i.e. the Raxis Rebellion) will result in both factions losing the ability to launch Dominions the following month.

What do you all think? My thoughts here is a system that encourages interfaction combat without the sodium of losing hexes. Additionally, this system would place the totality of the burden on the players to sort out - meaning that staff would not have to do anything more than enable the Flashpoint prefix. Feedback is highly appreciated!

I am a son of the Mountain.
I think this is a pretty good idea. I like the idea of the Dominion Buff and Debuff especially as while it has a reward/consequence vibe to it, it's something that I feel would be welcomed to Major Factions. I'm definitely on board.

[member="Emyr"]

"a non-site staff representative to judge the flashpoint, and then mutually choose a non-site staff representative for a total of three judges. This panel will determine the victor.

If the panel is unable to determine a victor within the allotted judgement period of one week, both factions will suffer a debuff that lowers the total Dominions they can submit the following month by one."

[member="Judah Lesan"]

Does this not cover it?

The Admiralty
Codex Judge
[member="Emyr"]

Staff took note of the thread. Feel free to keep discussing among yourself, the more discussion there is, the more ideas staff has to pick through. As a note Flashpoints have been scrapped, because of their lack of activity throughout the board, but that doesn't disqualify them from consideration whatsoever. This is definitely an interesting idea to consider.

:: HERO of KORRIBAN ::
[member="Daro Tarsi"]

Just for clarity... weren’t flashpoints supposed to have been triggered by certain conditions and staff initiated by a dice roll? Once they were rolled out it never happened, they got scrapped. So curious if the dice roll ever actually happened and they just never landed on triggering a flashpoint?

Right now, Staff is slowly discussing a Mandate refresh.

Flashpoints, though.

My heart warms to the idea of reintroducing them and how our new map could be impacted by them.

I don't like the current idea proposed in this thread, it seems nuanced and a bit grabby at the name 'Flashpoint' whereas it could really be named anything, but I do like some of the ideas it brings to the table.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom