Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public First Move on the Chess Board

thumbnail-720x540-Giimann_1__Modular_sci_fi_interior_builder-4.png

To broaden my horizons and increase prestige, honor and wealth for both the New Cov Biomolecule Company and New Cov. That was the reasoning behind this social gathering. Invitations to the event had been sent out to various Governments both near and far. For the moment I had yet to set foot off of my home planet and this was but the first step towards that adventure; if adventure was the right word to describe it. It felt right in any respect. Stepping into the unknown with only my small staff to accompany me was outside of my comfort zone. But now I was of the age to embrace the unknown and to find encouragement in the potential that it carried with it.

The morning was well spent, both in preparing the delicacies for the guests to partake in and for the musicians to prepare their pieces of music to entertain them. My Mother and Father had decided that I would be left on my own for this one, and I must admit that that has left me a little nervous as to how well my performance as hostess will be. I am so used to being their shadow, yet now I must stand tall and create a shadow of my own.

At least my gown was ready. My Mother insisted that the color brought attention to my eyes, and I had to take her word for it. It was only discovered that I had achromatopsia when I was young. My art instructor Geralt struck my hand with the end of a brush many times when I had used the wrong color of paint. To me there are some colors that look exactly the same, however I have been told that they are miles apart and do not look anything alike. I do not really mind that I see everything different than most people. It is almost as though it made me a little special and who wouldn't want that?

Minutes pass by slowly as I wait in the columned hall to greet the guests. They would be sure to find entrance to New Cov much different than most planets. Ships need to pass through vents and fly in specialized pipes before reaching the biodomes that contained our cities. The animal and plantlife on New Cov was very dangerous and this was the only way that we could travel safely. Even the atmosphere itself is very hot, however the biodomes kept the temperature inside at a comfortable level.

It is my hope that neither that or the fact that I was relatively unknown on the Galactic stage will be a deterrent. I want this to be successful and to meet others that will perhaps invite me to events held on their worlds. At least then I would know someone out there.

I fan myself with my favorite feathered fan as I wait, the motion giving some place for any anxiety to flow through and disperse. Although on second thought, I wish that I had had a drink first.

thumbnail-720x540-Giimann_1__Modular_sci_fi_interior_builder-4.png

New Cov
Tags: Liin Terallo Liin Terallo

Lothal_Protectorate_Divider.png

New Cov was certainly a beautiful world. A real gem in the mid rim, much different from his home world of Lothal. Of curse, he loved Lothal much more. With all his soul, even, but one could appreciate the charm of other planets as well. It was a shame, then, that Fynch was here for business, more or less. The Doonium his people mined needed to get out into the galactic economy if they were to continue to make a living, and the medical research of the New Cov Biomolecule Company was most certainly invaluable. This was a business meeting, vailed under the façade of a social gathering. He wore his military uniform, as he so often did, the finely tailored coat handing from his shoulders as he stepped off his transport, one hand tucked firmly into pocket.

These were a different breed of politician he would be mingling with, not like on his world. The
Lothal Protectorate was built upon the foundation of service. One could not rise to the position of Commander in Chief without having first participated in militia service. It was very likely that none of these individuals had ever held a blaster in their lives, let alone have the courage to pull the trigger of one. There would always be a level of that. A strange disconnect between politician and people. At least he'd be able to work deals in that benefited his. Fynch just wished that it could be different.

"Commander Fynch," one of his cabinet members began, "You had really aught to introduce yourself to one of the representatives of the New Cov Biomolecule Company."

"And I will," Fynch assured with a casual grin. "After I peruse their beverages. It would be impolite not to taste test their local brew. I hear that New Cov has mead that is simply to die for."

The present members of his cabinet sighed, but there was really no changing the Commander in Chief's mind. He was quite a stubborn fellow when it came to the observance of local beverages. So, with a casual, yet composed stride, Solaris Fynch was off to the drink table.

Last edited:
The Midrim. At a medical research company, of all things. It was far outside Mya’s usual stomping grounds, but it would not do to be rude and reject an invitation. Business and politics. It was something she was more than comfortable with.

Politics, she wore like a glove. She moved slowly through the crowd and pushed a graying strand of hair out of her face. She had the usual formal trader’s jumpsuit, practical, rugged, but still dressy enough for an event like this. She had brought a small entourage from the League and the Council. Securing supplies of medical technology was always good, but at gatherings like these, the other guests were just as valuable.

“The host’s name is Liin Terallo- newly representing the medical company,” Mya murmured softly to the other League delegates. “Her first formal event. Either ambitious or being backed by powerful people.”

730427-1515075952.jpg

It was happening. The guests were arriving and at that moment I was very glad for my training. Otherwise I would be bouncing in the spot like a giddy little schoolgirl. Yet instead I maintained my composure with a small smile and downturned head. My eyes however were studying the guests; how they moved, how they were dressed and above all, how they composed themselves. Each maintained the company of their own staff which told me that the social aspect of this gathering was only secondary to them.

The first to arrive was a very tall gentleman wearing a uniform that clearly laid out that he was from a military bloodline. There are plenty of those in the Galaxy given the constant wars throughout the Core and elsewhere. New Cov has it's own military to be sure, yet for the most part they dedicat their skills to keeping New Cov safe from raiders. I do not find it too surprising in seeing that my invitation has attracted the attention of one of them. Afterall, biomolecules have been used by various militaries in the past such as the Empire, the Republic and even the Yuuzhan Vong, of all things. I honestly could not imagine how I would react to seeing one of the latter enter the hall, let alone enter into my apartment. They were not a beautiful species in the slightest.

I am quite relieved as my thoughts were disrupted by the arrival of an older woman and her staff. She is curiously underdressed which gave me the impression that she cared little for the gossip of others. That to me means that she is very brave. My Mother would scold me endlessly if I were to do the same. Yet I can show my own bravery in other ways.

I close my fan and let it dangle from a cord on my wrist that is attached to one of my bracelets. My gown trails behind me, however the material is light in that it moves like water instead of seeming to drag behind me. I follow the guests and their staff into the drawing room of my apartment where the bar was set up, as well as the prepared food. The musicians have already begun their scores and I am pleased with their selection of gentle tones of strings and flutes. It makes for easier conversations without having a need to shout at companions when in close proximity to them.

With the absence of using my fan, I can feel my nervousness start to take hold. So I immediately allow my feet to carry me to the bar. It seems as though I am not the only one with that thought as one of the guests is there too. His staff appear almost disappointed and I find that quite amusing. There is always much left unsaid and I had always treated that like a game when I was younger. In my mind other's lives were far more fascinating than they were in reality.

However today I have to be more vocal. My time to people-watch must be kept at a bare minimum given that I am the host.

I give a nod to the server and within seconds a crystal chalice of wine was within my grasp. I take a small sip and allow the alcohol to numb my nerves before I greet the tall military officer. "Welcome to New Cov. I am the hostess of this event, Liin Torello. Might I have your name, please?"

Tag: The Fynch The Fynch Mya Jesel Mya Jesel

Untitled_Artwork.jpg

(Sketched in a hurry for this thread)
df9oq0y-f22f7990-8395-4662-b9e1-a9fc2b16de9c.png

Temerant let out a gruff sigh as he looked out the window of his vessel. The planet called to him, wild and dangerous as it was, and the man found himself struck by melancholy. Truly, he'd like nothing more than to strip his clothes and lose himself in the wilderness for a few days, unadvisable as it might be for most.

Instead, he found himself in a form fitting suit in a style inspired by the fashions of New Cov, tailored to his form by his fabricator. Normally, he was not one for social events, and there were other Sith far more eager, and likely adept, to engage in games of charm and politics. In fact, he wagered, there was bound to be a couple of them.

However, he'd been close to the system at the time, and there were to be some big players attending the event. It was a good opportunity to gather some intelligence, see what the fuss was about, and more importantly, to do some recoinassance and figure out who was interested in landing contracts with the company. Not to mention his ability to entirely mask his presence in the force made him rather ideal when it came to posing as a civilian.

As such, he entered as a lone figure, his respirator acting as something of a mask which somehow blended well with his suit. His size and frame screamed combatant, not to mention the visible scar that ran from somewhere in his cheek to his brow, signing off on his forehead, and yet, his attire and body language, whilst certainly formal, did not insinuate a military background so sharply, his straight pose and collected movements speaking of high society as he adapted to the context of his surroundings, and the persona he had adopted.

Tonight he was Dahln Doren, a wealthy yet low profile investor and businessman. His pale blue eyes scanned his surroundings, the man seeming almost mildly uninterested in them, his gaze dull and dettached. In fact, he seemed more interested in the architecture, furniture and art on display than in the people, despite the fact he was very much eavesdropping, a hand in his pants' pocket as he leisurely strode betwixt them.

"I do wish you'd let me come with you, Master," X3, his protocol droid and right hand whined into his ear. "It is so rarely you engage with the finer elements of society," he commented almost longingly.

"Yes, well," the man muttered back after lifting his hand to refuse a drink from a wandering attendant. "It is rather likely that I am forced to interact with others, and I do wish to cause a good impression," he jabbed.

"You wound me, Master!" X3 exclaimed, ever so dramatic. "I will have you know that I would've absolutely razzled and dazzled your company, and provided a much needed relief from your usual gloom."

"And brought a lot of unwanted attention onto my person," the man noted. "Not to mention you're one of a kind, X3. And there are a fair few tech-heads in here. You would raise questions." After all, Temerant had designed, built and programmed him from the ground up. "Besides, I've been here all of three minutes and you're already already giving me chit. You just can't help yourself."

"Killjoy," the droid mumbled.

"Bucket," the man whispered in response, knowing how much the droid loathed being addressed in such a fashion. "Are the lenses working correctly?"

"Indeed Master," the droid reassured him. "At the very least I get to live vicariously through your eyes," the droid noted. Said lenses, in particular, were a piece of tech that gave a feed straight back to the droid, allowing him to monitor and record what Temerant saw, as well as running faces through his databanks.

"Good. Now shush. You're distracting me," the Knight Inquisitor chided.

"As you wish, Master," the droid conceded. For all the 'flaws' in his personality matrix, he was still an unquestionably loyal and invaluable companion. Perhaps the only entity in the galaxy he truly trusted.

It did not take long for him to recognize the hostess of the event from the holo-file he'd studied before his arrival, one Liin Terallo Liin Terallo , the man taking a stop nearby, seemingly admiring a bust. Well, genuinely admiring it, though that did not prevent him from sharpening his ear in an attempt to make out the conversation she'd just began with the large gentleman, The Fynch The Fynch 's own military background evident, judging by his attire.

Last edited:

"Welcome to New Cov. I am the hostess of this event, Liin Torello. Might I have your name, please?"

A woman had approached him as he had taken the first sip of his drink, the hostess no less. Fynch withheld an 'I told you so' directed at his worried cabinet and turned to face the newly introduced Liin Torello.

"Ah, so you're the hostess," Fynch nodded, stroking his chin. "Solarus Fynch, Commander in Chief of the Lothal Protectorate. It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance, Miss Terallo. I must start with some words of praise. Your choice of drink is top notch. I'm afraid I cannot speak so kindly about the beverages present at the last venue I attended. It's a craft few take seriously these days. A shame really. Much of the greatest partnerships in galactic history have been forged by the brotherhood of brew. Ah, but I'm getting off track."

It was very easy to get lost in other topics when at events like these, especially when the obvious talking point was usually pretty straight forward.

"You've organized this event for a reason, I'm sure," the Commander stated, "We live in a galaxy of connections, after all. A fresh face on the business and political scene is sure to wish to make a name for themselves. You're certainly wise to host such a gathering. Not everyone has such foresight. Needless to say, I have interest in what such a connection can do for my people. Medical research is of great importance, after all, especially in the Outer Rim."

And Lothal had Doonium to spare, of course, so there was no shortage of commodities that could be exchanged. Still, he was curious what drove the youthful Liin Terallo. Was it money, influence, or something else. Only time would tell.

Liin Terallo Liin Terallo Darth Temerant Darth Temerant The Fynch The Fynch

Mya and her small entourage moved slowly through the crowd, talking politely with the other guests, and Mya held a fluted glass of champagne lightly in one hand. It was an incongruous sight, despite the fineness of her garment—very few associated formal jumpsuits with champagne and high society. It was one of the reasons she stuck to it rather than the more traditional and elegant designs adopted by her peers. Which, after a moment of consideration, she realized was a very small number in the galaxy. There were only a few elected leaders of multi-star system governments in the galaxy, after all, and she doubted the Alliance chancellor would ever wear a jumpsuit.

But it had been spacers, miners, and other roughnecks whose votes had put her in office in the first place, as she had been one of them. She had kept to her distinctive image, as she rose up through the legislature to the president and then even to chair the League Council.

"That is Liin Terallo," one of the aides whispered, nodding faintly with his head, "Speaking to a man who I can only assume to be Solarus Fynch, who runs the protectorate on Lothal, judging by the military look and the holonet news."

"Intriguing," Mya replied softly, before pausing to pluck an appetizer from a tray. She inspected it for a moment and then gave it a bite. It was quite good, and she snagged another one before the waiter disappeared into another crowd. "Which means others will be attempting to identify me as well. Keep an eye out for spies or those who take a particular note of my movements."

She paused for a moment, feeling a small canister inside the sleeve of her jacket, in case it became necessary.

A new face caught my attention from the corner of my eye and I could not help myself but to glance in his direction for a brief moment. He is tall and dressed like a Covie, although a mask hid the lower parts of his features. A scar ran up his face which led me to believe that he had ventured outside of the biodomes and had an encounter that was a little too close for comfort. How daring. I must be sure to have a conversation with him later on.

My brief introduction was quickly answered by the military officer that stood before me and as he gave me his name, I smiled and responded. "The pleasure is all mine Commander Fynch." I allow him to continue, raising my chalice in a saluté as he complimented the drinks being served.

The Commander continues his introduction, giving me insight into his purpose to fulfill today. My Father had taught me well to being an intentive listener. I did not plan to disappoint him.

"Thank you for the compliment, Commander Fynch. My family has hosted parties like this for years, however this is the first that I am presenting on my own, as you have probably already guessed." I pause to have a sip of my wine. "Biomolecules have many uses in various aspects of society, medicinal being one of them. The New Cov Biomolecule Company has made great strides in doing more than what bacta tanks and artificial limbs can do on their own. I am sure that some arrangement can be made to ensure that the Lothal Protectorate can share in our success."

I can feel a light touch on my right elbow from one of my staff, indicating that they had information to share with me. I clasp my fan and open it, holding it up as I lightly create a faint breeze in the air, indicating that I had received the message, yet still I held my gaze upon Commander Fynch. "How are things on Lothal these days? I trust that it's people are fairing well?"

Tags: The Fynch The Fynch Mya Jesel Mya Jesel Darth Temerant Darth Temerant

The Knight Inquisitor noticed Liin Terallo Liin Terallo 's eyes briefly upon him. Her mother had been right: the gown did compliment her eyes. Sparing a glacial glance in her direction, he made no attempts to intrude: their conversation was of more interest than anything he could add as The Fynch The Fynch kindly gave away his rank and intent. Not to mention hearing about their advancements in the field of biomolecules straight from Liin's mouth could reveal details of interest to the Imperium.

Naturally, he took note of the staff member touching her elbow, then quirked a brow at the use of her fan.

"X3?" he whispered.

"Already on it, Master... Oh. Clever," the droid remarked. "It seems like some Covies in the upper strata use subtle gestures and their accessories to communicate. She appears to be indicating acknowledgement," the droid informed as he went through the database. "An archaic yet effective method. Not unlike the gestures you and your men use on the field, albeit much more subdued and natural, designed not to interrupt the flow of pleasantries during social exchanges."

"Noted. Keep me abriefed of any such things transpiring. It will not do if someone is expecting me to respond to such a cue and it flies over my head," he instructed.

Alas, the bust could only keep his attention for so long before the other party-goers thought him much too enamoured by it. With a casual shrug, he turned, only to spot a small contigent eyeing the pair conversing by the drinks, one of them sticking out in particular, with her somehow formal flight suit. Mya Jesel Mya Jesel had caught his curiosity, if nothing else - and they certainly seemed to have curiosities of their own in regards to their hostess.

As he allowed the droid to do his thing, he caught one of the aides spying on his... well, spying. However, Temerant did not shy away from his gaze in an attempt to mask it. Instead, the frown that seemed to perenially frame his frozen hues burrowed further, daring the fellow to maintain it. Sometimes, the best way to hide was by showing that you had nothing at all to conceal in the first place, and the Sith's steamrolling confidence served him well in this regard.

"How are things on Lothal these days? I trust that it's people are fairing well?"

"It's the Outer Rim," Fynch chuckled. "I'm afraid that 'fairing well' is generous. But... my people have seen drastic improvements in their living conditions, save a few recent attempts at military occupation. We're a stubbornly independent people I must say. I doubt such setbacks will weigh us down for long."

Between the brief occupation by the Empire and the recent collapse of their new ally, the Ashlan Crusade, into civil war, there were certainly things for his people to worry about, but the Galactic Alliance remained stable and the price of Doonium continued to go up in light of the recent chaos. They would have a means of continued survival, even if Lothal would never truly be left alone.

"Ah, but an arrangement of shared success is nothing we cannot manage," the Commander assured, backpedaling. "Lothal is a world of abundant natural resources, minerals I'm sure will aid in the construction of the equipment that the New Cov Biomolecule Company will have need of to continue their research. I have no doubts that we'll be able to come to a mutual understanding when a more official arrangement is established. That being said... I'm curious about yourself. Biomolecular research isn't exactly a profession in the public consciousness. What brought you into such a field?"

Darth Temerant Darth Temerant The Fynch The Fynch Liin Terallo Liin Terallo

"We've got one," the aide said, glancing over one shoulder. "Mask." Mya nodded, briefly, taking a sip of the champagne as they let the movements of the crowd swirl them around the room.

"Know who that might be?" Mya asked. A round of headshakes.

"No, between the mask and the scar, no, not anyone we know of," the aide replied. "Unless it's a disguise. Which is entirely possible, but we have no idea."

Mya shrugged. A disguise was fair. It was cunning, but would have been out of place for her. "Well, keep an eye out."

"It is courageous for a people to overcome such obstacles. I hope that such a recovery continues." I take another sip of my wine as I continue to softly fan myself for a moment longer. The staff member had recieved my acknowlegement, and so I close the fan and once again allow it to dangle from my wrist.

I listen to Commander Fynch as he agrees to at least the idea of a formal agreement among NCBC and his homeworld of Lothal. To that effect, my smile brightens at the prospects. Surely my parents will be pleased with my success thus far.

To answer his inquiry, I politely stated; "My family has been on the Board of Directors for generations. It has long been a part of New Cov's history. And I endeavor to continue the tradition. With the political and business stages in the Galaxy in such a state of disrepair, I hope to bring new opportunities for us to expand our influence in numerous fields of study and production." I knew that I was not allowed to reveal too much, but just enough to engage an interest from the Commander. I hope that it is working.

From what I can tell, it appears as though some of the guests are observing more than anything else. And it makes me wonder if some of them are bodyguards of a sort. I am not offended by such a notion, given that New Cov and myself are not well known. Yet there are more dangers outside of the biodomes than within. That is the way it has always been.

Tags: The Fynch The Fynch Darth Temerant Darth Temerant Mya Jesel Mya Jesel

Me took ample note of the Commander's words. If Lothal was so rich in natural resources, they might be of interest to the Imperium down the line: he'd have to read up on them as much as he would The Fynch The Fynch . If their planet was, indeed, a good prospect, he seemed like he might prove a major obstacle in annexating them. He did not seem, however, contrarian to the notion of building alliances, so perhaps he would see the advantages of being in league with the new Sith Order without the need for coercion. Time would tell.

Liin Terallo Liin Terallo 's, however, came to no surprise. It was nothing he had not inferred from his files, and their young hostess seemed to be playing it close to the vest. Chances were he'd have to try to pry information for himself. But patience was a hunter's virtue, and he had it in spades. He'd bide his time, and slowly dig out his answers when he deemed appropriate.

For the nonce, there was another who'd caught his eye, and he did have to play the part, after all. Hence, he strode towards Mya Jesel Mya Jesel and her entourage.

"You know," his deep voice broke the air, gravel dragging across his throat, the respirator that double-acted as a mask slightly modulating it, though not to great effect. "If you've questions, you can ask them directly," he offered. "I wager your aides are ill-suited to answer them themselves. Not to mention talking behind one's back can come off as rude," he noted, even as he subjected the firebrand to his scrutiny, unabashed. "Though something tells me you do not give much of a flying kark what others think of you, hrm?"

Whether right or wrong, the man certainly did not seem to put much weight on what they thought of him.

Darth Temerant Darth Temerant The Fynch The Fynch Liin Terallo Liin Terallo

So the bait had been taken, but who was fishing for whom? Very good, then. She appreciated the boldness and the frankness, but she gave the man a level eye, while she watched Liin and Solarus out of the corner of the other eye.

"No, not particularly," Mya agreed, pausing to examine her fingernails. "Nor are you, I would suppose. As for talking behind other people's backs..." She held up both arms, encompassing the entire party around them. "What do you think is happening all around us? Without those able to make introductions, it leaves no room for anything but apparent rudeness."

Tsungtiin and his aide, a lower ranking member of the Intendant caste, finally arrived at the hall. Late.

Navigating the tunnels to the dome had been a painful process, since Tsungtiin’s ship was a pigmy Yorik-Trema. New Cov flight controllers were configured strictly for mechanical ships, so the effort of arriving here safely had been much harder than anticipated.

On top of that, the biodomes were something of an insult to Yuuzhan Vong sensibilities. Mechanical environs meant to contain and sustain organic living conditions symbolized a violation of the technophobic tendencies of his people.

But Tsungtiin could set his disgust aside for now. He knew of the bio molecular capabilities of the New Cov Biomolecule Company, and such technologies could prove useful to his schemes. If he could succeed in gaining the ear of Liin Terallo Liin Terallo for but a moment, he could plant the seeds of intrigue which could grow into a beneficial relationship.

If he failed to gain her attention today, he could try again another day. He was a patient being. Diplomacy was a careful craft.

He and his aide simply strode into the room and found a nice place to preside over for the time being. A location that wasn’t too awkward, but noticeable. Certainly, the arrival of a Yuuzhan Vong was enough to catch someone’s attention. Especially when he wasn’t here as an invader…

At last I could see some of the guests engaging with one another. That was a relief. I did not want them to spend their evening waiting for me to make my rounds to them.

And as I wait for Commander Fynch to comment, I caught a glimpse of something very unfortunate looking. With their pale skin and horrifying features, I can only guess that the pair were Yuuzhan Vong. New Cov was familiar with them in the distant past, yet I have never seen one in person before. My heart leaps into my throat a little and I draw up my fan, opening it with a flick of my wrist as I begin to cool the air in front of me with it.

I look to the Commander and then to my staff, the latter of which had already taken notice of the pair. Clearly they have an invitation, otherwise they wouldn't be here. I hope that history will not repeat itself. That is the thought that I cling to at the moment. Still I keep a well practiced and polite smile throughout. It is what I am trained for.

The Fynch The Fynch Darth Temerant Darth Temerant Mya Jesel Mya Jesel Tsungtiin Kwaartz Tsungtiin Kwaartz

"My family has been on the Board of Directors for generations. It has long been a part of New Cov's history. And I endeavor to continue the tradition. With the political and business stages in the Galaxy in such a state of disrepair, I hope to bring new opportunities for us to expand our influence in numerous fields of study and production."

"Tradition is certainly a good motivation," Fynch nodded. "There are a number of factors that I myself must take on as the representative of my own people. Still, I find it of the utmost satisfaction to pave a clearly distinct path as well."

The Commander in Chief frowned for a moment as he scanned the room. It seemed a fair number of people were now listening in on their conversation. This was, of course, not a surprise to him. There was always people looking for gain at a gathering such as this.

"I only offer some words of warning," the Commander continued, loud enough for others to hear should they be listening in. "The political sea is a turbulent one to sail. One can never truly know what it is that people intend to do with their support or resources. The landscape is littered with war profiteers, imperial spies, underworld dons, and all sorts of miscreants. I advise you tread lightly. One can never truly know who they can trust at any given time."

As the leader of a world which had suffered at the hands of those who wished to exploit it for hundreds- no, thousands of years, Fynch was certainly not the kind to shy away from such subjects. It certainly put a target on his back, but that was the duty of a Commander, one which he had willingly taken on in full. Nobody was going to lead his people for him, after all.

"I'm sure you must be getting to other guests," he finally concluded. "It was a pleasure meeting you. I hope the event pans out as anticipated. I'm sure that your research will be of great value to many in this hall tonight."

And with a tip of his head, he was off into the venue, tailed by his cabinet.

"Doesn't it?" the man in the suit queried, though his pale gaze was eloquent enough to suggest the question was entirely rhetorical. "For a woman attending in a jumpsuit -which I can only imagine is some manner of statement- you seem remarkably bogged down by formality." He shrugged, opening his hands at his side. "I lack a retinue, or the appropriate people to introduce us... And yet here I am," he noted. "Dahln Doren, at your service," he offered the slightest dip of his chin, just enough to prove his acknowledgement, yet not so much as to indicate any actual subservience.

"And you must be..." he began.

" Mya Jesel Mya Jesel ," the droid dutifully provided.

"Mya Jesel," the man echoed without skipping a beat. "A pleasure, I'm sure."

He took note of The Fynch The Fynch taking his leave from Liin Terallo Liin Terallo then. Clever, he mused. One did not want to overplay his hand, or demonstrate too much eagerness, lest their opponent held all the chits.

"And look, our lovely hostess is free," he noted. "Perhaps you should find a helpful little sycophant to make introductions, hrm?" he suggested wryly, mayhaps implying he had taken notice of her own interest. "I would..."

The man paused, his brow furrowing further as he took note of Tsungtiin Kwaartz Tsungtiin Kwaartz 's arrival. His kind had once been the bane of the galaxy, the horror tales that had forever submerged them in infamy too numerous to count.

"Well, will you look at that..." a hand came to his pocket as he followed the Vong. "And here I was concerned this might prove a boring party."

Last edited:
The Fynch The Fynch Liin Terallo Liin Terallo Tsungtiin Kwaartz Tsungtiin Kwaartz Darth Temerant Darth Temerant

"Hardly a statement," Mya replied lightly, "It is my office uniform, more or less. But pleasure to make your acquaintance, Dahln Doren."

She frowned lightly as he recognized her, but it was to be expected. There were those who were very well-versed in the political movers of the galaxy. She had just never considered herself among that purview.

"Why find a sycophant," Mya said, sipping the champagne, "When I can introduce you, and you can return the favor, since you already know who I am. Both meets and beats the issues of formality."

A new person entered and Mya noted her companion pause for a moment before continuing. "All parties are interesting with the right mindset," Mya replied. "But you are right; that is a surprise."

"All parties are interesting with the right mindset," Mya replied. "But you are right; that is a surprise."
“Is it such a surprise that a race that has lived in this galaxy for over eight centuries might wish to finally branch out?” Tsungtiin responded over his shoulder at the two individuals following him. His voice adopted a clipped Coruscanti accent, learned from decades of exploring the galaxy on his scientific expeditions. He did this to seem more civilized than a typical Yuuzhan Vong. He then twisted his neck and looked at the two of him with his two-tone eyes. His eyes didn’t reveal much more than the obvious, but his grafted electroreceptors felt some electromagnetic frequencies on Darth Temerant Darth Temerant . The sensation was similar to that of an active Commlink device and Tsungtiin quickly assumed that he had some sort of backup outside of the party, listening in. The tiny voice that his grafted ortolan ear had heard earlier was probably the person on the other side of the comm device.

Clever.

While Tsungtiin still despised of infidel technology, he could appreciate the sensible strategic thinking of the masked man. He could set aside his technophobia, and socialize here, for now. Perhaps make more allies in the process…

His ortolan ear canal picked up the sound of The Fynch The Fynch excusing himself from his talk with Liin Terallo Liin Terallo . Tsungtiin quickly saw an opportunity. He definitely wanted to explore a conversation with Mya Jesel Mya Jesel and Darth Temerant Darth Temerant , but Liin Terallo Liin Terallo would likely be looking for someone new to talk to. By being part of an interesting group, Tsungtiin’s chances of attracting Liin’s attention would durastically improve, without him having to awkwardly approach her with small talk.

Tactfully, he turned to face his two followers and he stepped towards them and a little to the side. The resulting angle carefully presented all of their fronts in the general direction of Liin Terallo Liin Terallo , creating something of a visually welcoming scene to her. He then shot a subtle look at his assistant, who took the hint, and began attempting to make eye contact with their host to get her attention. With that in play, he began to converse in an uncharacteristically cordial tone for a Yuuzhan Vong, Mya Jesel Mya Jesel and… Dahln Doren, is it? My name is Tsungtiin Kwaartz. And to expand on your discussion, in my experience, manners are rarely a product of one’s environment. Manners always come down to one’s upbringing, and the environment is little more than a mild test.”

His pockmarked face then split into something of an awkward smile, “And yes, I could hear what you two were saying.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom