Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First Contact (Levantine Sanctum Dominion of Tygara)

[member="Laina Silvias"]

"Thanks, dear. Good to see you too. Sorry for keeping you waiting. How's little Morri?" Siobhan asked warmly as she returned the embrace and hugged Laina close, her hand moving down to lovingly stroke her pregnant belly.

"I brought cupcakes," she added, holding up the shopping bag she was holding, which contained all sorts of goodness. After all, both Laina and Morrigan surely needed it. However, unfortunately the darkhaired woman was right that this was not a social call, and so reluctantly Siobhan had to pull away. "I think we should best sit down," she said, guiding Laina over to a sofa.

Laina's Atrisian maiden was currently fixing up the curtains, but turned briefly to give Siobhan a nod, indicating that nothing untoward had happened in her absence. Said maiden, while very attractive and open to...serve her bosses' needs, was not just a servant girl, but also trained in a variety of ways to kill people. "I need to go away for a bit. I'm sorry. I can't say I'll be back in a couple days because I doubt I will. You remember that lost elf planet I told you about, Tygara? Well, we've found it and made first contact with one of the native rulers. The Queen asked me to go there to help organise settlements. I've talked to the Queen and she promised to send a trusted Angelii to help keep you safe and to come by herself to visit you."

[member="Tegaea Alcori"], [member="Coryth Elaris"]

Kaida was unsurprisingly working. After all, she happened to be the workaholic type who never took a day off and would probably find retirement awful. Fortunately she was still very young and thus could look forward to at last two centuries of work for the motherland!

She had set herself up in a room in the palace, close to the negotiators' quarters. Outside Angelii were on patrol. If a servant girl happened to go to Lady Alcori's quarters delivering food and drink, she would be stopped by an Angelii, searched and the meal would be scanned for poison. Likewise Qadiri guards were not allowed in this section without permission. The Mag'ladroth walkers were on patrol on the palace grounds, imposing automatons that bristled with firepower.

Inside the room the Seraph had set up a makeshift command centre, complete with maps, holographic projectors and datapads. There was also a half-finished and by now very lukewarm cup of stimcaf on the table. Earlier during the expedition the Rangers and the Eldorai had unleashed a swarm of probe droids upon the northern continent to map it, which provided them with satisfactory SIGINT capacities. HUMINT was obviously very lagging, especially when it came to the Xioquo cities and settlements, which meant they had to rely on what the prisoners and what the Qadiri told them. Needless to say Kaida was not feeling trusting.

"A mine field on that pass," she said, pointing at an area in the mountains with a knife while she took a drag from her cigarette and studied the map. "And there. Couple e-webs and turrets to block passage. We can cover that forest with a few mortars." The mountains were a natural barrier that the Eldorai would have to exploit by building a new citadel to protect their settlements. "Perhaps a landing pad and hangar for transports and gunships over there. We need just a few for complete air supremacy."

Captain Ynnead nodded, taking notes while her superior spoke. "We can safely collapse the eastern tunnel with a controlled demolition to keep intruders out. Team Two and Five have reported in. They've completed the surveys. Had a skirmish with some Xioquo, but no friendly casualties. They have prisoners. Apparently they happened upon a couple boats transporting slaves."

Kaida crinkled her nose in evident distaste. "Qadiri or Xioquo slaves?" she asked.

"Xioquo. Looks like they enslave their own as well. One of the hostiles was a Sciian. KIA."

"Send the slaves to medical for now. I want the Xioquo prisoners thoroughly questioned. We should get some speed boats for patrol on the river. Sea power'll be important to get a foothold here. Our 'outdated' surface fleet may rejoice about finding a new role. Has Team Seven reported in yet?"

The Captain nodded in acknowledgement. "Yes, ma'am. Secured the Vizier's residence. Her guards put up a futile fight, a native who seems to have been her cousin died. Slaves are skittish and afraid, as can be expected."

A stream of smoke escaped Kaida's mouth and shot towards the ceiling as she exhaled. "Pass that on to Exarch Elaris. She'll want to take care of them." They might be girlfriends but in the public sphere she obeyed the forms and treated the Jedi Exarch as was proper for someone who was plenty of ranks above her. "Treaty is supposed to be signed as soon as possible, I want tight security around the palace. Be polite to the Qadiri, but no fraternisation or letting them get their fingers on your weapons."

"Yes, ma'am. It's funny. Now we're the outsiders. Makes you think the Goddess has a twisted sense of humour."

Kaida raised an eyebrow at that. "Indeed. Carry on. Have two Adrils overfly this quadrant," she pointed at an area in Xioquo territory, where one of their cities had been located. It was very close to where one of the settlement sites had been set up, ergo she wanted to have a look at it. "Strictly recon, no combat."

[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"] [member="Coryth Elaris"] [member="Coci Heavenshield"] [member="Callista Gseran"]

“In the spirit of cooperation that now pervades between our people, we request your assistance in dealing with these cruel and malicious raiders,” D-43 translated the flowery words of the emissary.
“And what do we get in return?” Nantaris replied.
The courtier made a brusque gesture, and several ‘servants’ came forward carrying chests of gold and other treasures. The evaluator in Nantaris quickly tallied up an estimate of credit worth. It was significant; ten million credits at least.
Nantaris examined the charts. A fortified island 100 miles north of Zeheb where the Xioquo had dug in and made a slaver camp. From there they raided Amikaron and other realms, but retaliation was so difficult due to the shoals and the defences there.
Nantaris pulled Scindia aside for a moment. “I don’t like the impression that we are Semiramis’ attack dogs, to be set on those she doesn’t like.”
“I’m not sure we should take action before the treaty is signed either. I hear that Siobhan is arriving soon and the pact will be closed then.”
Nantaris stroked his chin thoughtfully. “Ten million credits would you say they’ve given us?”
Scindia considered the treasure. “About that.”
“Let’s see how badly they want this done….”

Nantaris turned back to the emissary and the droid. “Ask her to double they payment.”
The courtier’s eyes narrowed slightly, but she nodded. Her tone was less friendly now.
“She says, oh great Master, that she will go no higher.”
“Then tell her that all the slaves we rescue on that island are going to be placed under our protection and released.”
There was a definite look of outrage in the Qadiri woman’s eyes this time.
“She protests that many of the court’s nobles have lost investments there. And she also mentions that many common people were taken.”
“Those who wish to return to their families can do so. We are not giving people back to their owners. Tell her that, D-43, or say that we’re not doing their dirty work…after all they were doing so well at taking this island without us.”
Nantaris almost applauded the diplomat’s ability to restrain her fury. But she finally nodded.
“Tell her we’ll do it after the treaty is signed. But also tell her we want a fleet of Semiramis’ warriors to be mobilised too to cut off any stragglers.”
He called on the Force to pull a gold coin from the chest before it could be slammed shut. The diplomat gave a final look and left with her attendants.

When they were alone, Nantaris laughed and flicked the coin to his friend. “Never gets old, baiting Aristos. Get everyone ready.”
“Isn’t it a bit unfair to mow down people with swords and shields if you have blasters and lightsabres?”
“Nope, it’s common sense. Do unto others before they do unto you, that’s my philosophy.”
“Ever the diplomat, Nanny,” Scindia said, pocketing the coin.

Coryth nodded slowly, acknowledging the words Callista spoke, "Thank you. It's not easy to be reminded of such. But thank you." Then the redhead grew quiet, listening to the woman's story quite attentively as she moved to Tarissa's chest to slowly work to clean the wound and remove the fibers from there.

She finally broke her silence after a long while, "I can understand that, entirely." Far more than you know. Her own fiance had perished nearly a decade prior. But, it wasn't a story she wanted to repeat. Not when so much of the blame for that, the guilt she held.... It was something she could not yet forgive herself for. Not when she had left him that day in anger and should have been there in his final moments. Slowly very slowly over time she was working through that pain. "I am truly sorry for your loss. I understand with attachments, truly. I was once engaged. He was lovely, actually made me into a better woman than I could have ever been without him. Sometimes attachments are not for the best, but sometimes... Sometimes they can make you better for having had them."

A part of her actually had wanted to travel to the Netherworld during the great cataclysm, in hopes of seeing him one last time. A fool's errand perhaps but the desire was still there to this day. A desperate need for a goodbye she never had the chance to say. Such a chance might have afforded her the closure she needed. Perhaps one day she still might get to venture through one of the remaining rifts to see him one last time.

Reaching over Coryth gently squeezed Callista's hand after hearing her story. "I'm truly glad you did have family to fall back on after such pain and agony. Believe me, I understand that pain too well." But Coryth wasn't about to elaborate further. Even now, over ten years later the wounds were far too real for her. It simply something that was too difficult for her to tell but to those closest to her.

"Family can be a saving grace, when one needs it most." Coryth didn't have family any longer, not in the traditional sense. But she did have Siobhan, and the Kerrigan-Alcori clan that she semi-adopted as her new family. Both her own parents had long since perished, and she did have a daughter as well.

With Elpsis, Coryth had given her up for adoption after her birth, unable to care for her for many reasons, too much pain and agony suffered and unable to separate her angry at the person who caused her so much pain and the innocent life that came from it. With the adoption, she'd given up every last legal right she had with the child in hopes of a better life for her. Granted it didn't quite work out that way, and the two of them only now were reconnecting. Even if it was awkward and strange, she was still family.

And with the Kerrigan-Alcori family, they had been a great help to Coryth whether they were aware of it entirely or not. An anchor for her when she had felt so adrift in the galaxy, and alone.

Then a message soon beeped through on her comlink, and the redhead spared a moment to look at it. She laid the tweezers down, and pulled her gloves off before typing a quick reply to the Angelii. Yes, I will take them under my care. I want them afforded every chance for a normal life now. They'll need to be checked over in medical first though, to ensure no underlying conditions or problems from their time in slavery. Pressing send, she quickly donned a fresh set of gloves and once more set back to work on the unfortunate Eldorai.

[member="Tarissa Cadalthor"] | [member="Valiens Nantaris"] | [member="Callista Gseran"] | [member="Kaida Taldir"] | [member="Coci Heavenshield"]​

"Restless as always." She said softly. "But she seems to be more relaxed of late than she has been in a while." Laina figured it was the stress more than anything that had kept her little one so upset early on. And now, with some of that burden off her shoulders both of them could breathe a collective sigh of relief. The ebony-haired woman purred quietly for a moment, enjoying the simple loving touches upon her belly.

"Oh, thank you! I've been craving sweets like crazy." She gave a small nod as she followed Siobhan to the couch, taking a seat alongside her.

"I do remember, yet." Listening carefully she frowned hearing the news. "Well I will miss you, but I know you must go. They need you more than I do. I'm sure I'll be alright. And the Queen herself, wants to visit me?" The shock and disbelief quite clear in her voice. That was a bit strange for her to wrap her head around. She wasn't anyone important in her eyes. Just a nobody from a distant and cruel planet. Not someone a Queen would have any interest in seeing. "Never in a billion years would have seen that coming."

"I am thankful for the extra protection, without a doubt. Stars know what my sisters are in the mood to do to get me back, and Morrigan. And I really don't want to have to find out either. I am kinda hoping for now they have given up the chase. But it would be foolish of me to believe that. Not when I know the tribe all too well. It's only a matter of time before they attempt something again. At least I have plenty of people to watch over me now, and can worry less on such things." Laina certainly wasn't going to let her guard down anytime soon. Not at all.

[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"]

[member="Laina Silvias"]

"Well, you're a special snowflake, darling," Siobhan said sweetly, feeling a bit amused by Laina's reaction to the statement that the Queen might want to visit her. "You and Morri are dear to me," she emphasised, while her hand lovingly stroked and massaged across the darkhaired woman's stomach.

"Auntie Sio has to go away for a bit, Morri. So be a good girl and don't give your Mum too much trouble, ok? I bought you lots of nice sweets and I promise I'll be back in time to tuck you into your crib and then we can play with your toys," she spoke sweetly. Leaning forward, she pulled Laina into a deep kiss. "I'd like to stay a bit longer, but I'd probably pull your clothes off and then end up being...very late." She gently took off the pendant she was wearing around her neck and put it into Laina's hands. Closer inspection would reveal that it carried a picture of Tegaea and Siobhan inside it.

"Take that, it's my hold-out bolter. Showed you how to use it. It'll help you if you need it." Having said that she got to her feet, though she lingered a moment to stroke across Laina's dark hair. "Well, guess I'll be off then. I'll give you a call when I'm on Tygara and check on you regularly. If something comes up, call Mirien or the Queen, and you know where I keep my guns." Reaching into her coat pocket she removed a card with the contact details and put it on the table. "And if you need anything else...you know Kim is eager to serve," she said with a thin smile.

Those words brought a soft smile to the tattooed woman's lips. "Thank you, dear. The feeling is mutual, protecting us, saving us and keeping us both safe in a time where no one else in the galaxy even saw what was happening to me. It's something I'll always be grateful for. You mean a lot to me, and no doubt to Morrigan. Don't know where I'd be without you right now." The woman purred softly for a moment, just soaking in the attentions Siobhan was lapping upon the both of them.

Her eyes lit up, smiling even brighter as Sio spoke to her little girl. "She'll be so happy to see you. Hopefully you'll be back in time to meet her when she first arrives." At least that was her hope, not wanting to be alone then, or at the very least be with Siobhan someone she was familiar with. She managed to return the kiss with as much passion as she could muster under the circumstances. "That's probably quite true. Sadly we can't do that this time."

Reaching out, she took the pendant looking it over briefly, "Thank you." She said softly, a bit taken aback, knowing it was Siobhan's personal hold-out bolter as she saw the image of both Tegaea and Siobhan together. Laina then nodded, "Yes, you should. We'll both miss you dearly." Taking the card, she gave it a quick once over before tucking it into her own pocket. "I will, I promise." Though if truth be told, she was quite uncertain about calling the Queen should she need something. It felt to her like the woman would have so many other things to worry upon than little old her. "Thanks, Sio. Good luck, I'll see you when you return. May the Force be with you."

[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"]

[member="Laina Silvias"], [member="Tegaea Alcori"]

"May the Force be with you too and serve you well, darling," Siobhan said warmly. She would not admit it, but there was a certain..urge to stay, though she knew she could not. In the time they had been together she had grown very fond of both Laina and her kid. At the same time the prospect of seeing Tygara for herself, helping set things up and spending time with her wife again filled her with a good deal of excitement. So she gave Laina another hug and then turned on her heels and departed. The soft tip-tap of her cane was heard on the floor as she stepped out.

Then the door closed behind her. Firemane guards outside gave her a salute, then she was gone. Her path ultimately took her to the docks where an Eldorai battleship awaited her. Within a few moments she had boarded and then the vessel of war took off and hyperspace swallowed it. When would she arrive on Tygara? At the speed of the plot, in other words in the next post or so because her writer says so.

[member="Kaida Taldir"] [member="Coryth Elaris"]

It was to the benefit of this writer that they actually read Kaida's post this time, and thus has found something to post.

Having finished his meeting with Semiramis' embassy, Nantaris headed across to Kaida's command post. Knocking on the door he entered and gave her a casual wave.
"Good day, Lady Taldir," he said in Eldarai. It was something he liked showing off, even if Kaida was as unreceptive to his charms as a rock. "I've just had a rather interesting discussion with one of the Empress' flunkies," he said, switching back to Basic. "There's a nest of Xioquo pirates about 100 miles north. She's offering 20 million credits to clean them out, and I insisted that all the slaves recaptured be set free. I've got the troops to do it, but if you want to join in and get some frontline experience against the Xioquo you're welcome to come along. 50-50 split of the proceeds if you're interested."

[member="Coryth Elaris"], [member="Callista Gseran"]

Tarissa had mostly slept soundly whilst the two Jedi healers had expertly cared for her and worked her over inside the medbay of the Eldorai battleship. That said, her sleep had not been free of dreams and, as the sedatives started to wear off, she tossed and turned a bit inside the bed, evidently restless. A few words spoken in Eldarai escaped her lips, though most of these were not that intelligible. Perhaps she was having a dream of the new civilisation the Eldorai would build on Tygara...or maybe she was seeing the doom of Kaeshana.

For, no matter what technological and mystical wonders they had, sooner or later the Eldorai's homeworld would be destroyed. All those unlucky enough to still be on the planet when the cataclysm took place would perish. Would Ashira ascend them to the heavens and make them angels? The Goddess had a plan. A destiny. This was what she strongly believed. There were those who claimed that Kaeshana's coming doom proved that the Goddess was malevolent, indifferent or...not real. For if she was truly the creator, would she abandon her children like this?

This was something Tarissa refused to believe. It was heresy, plain and simple. It was the Goddess who had guided them here to Tygara. For a moment she saw a glorious light, the Goddess' light, then fire and wreathed in flames there was an image...of a tiny redheaded human monkeigh. It was an image she recognised, for it was the tiny Jedi who had saved her life. But what was her role in this? Then, at last, she understood as realisation dawned upon her and she discerned the meaning of the whispers. Everything proceeded as per the plan of the Great Goddess. Finally she was roused from the dreamlands and stirred, rubbing the sleep from her eyes as she tried to acclimate herself to the bright light and get a sense of where she was.

[member="Valiens Nantaris"]

When Nantaris entered Kaida had just finished a holo-chat with Commander Lysette and a naval engineer from the Eldorai fleet. There had been talk of adapting some of the designs of the old Eldorai surface fleet and upgrading them, given how essential sea power would be on the planet. So the topic he brought up was both fitting and quite ironic. The table was stacked with datapads, maps and there was an ashtray that had evidently seen use, as indicated by the cigarette she was holding.

And, yes, Kaida was as unreceptive as a rock to his charms. There was a certain redhead and a Dahomian she found quite charming though. Fun fact, she actually sort of liked the Scotchman though. Of course she would never admit it. "I see," she said simply while she took a drag from her cigarette and traced across the map with razor before it pointed at the island. "Our patrols have skirmished with some of the Xioquo raiders in that general area. I'll join. The island oculd be of use for an Eldorai fleet base. We can move after the treaty is signed. What do we know about enemy strength?" As primitively as the Xioquo scouts had been armed, it would not be smart to underestimate them.

Admittedly Renaissance era gunpower weapons and ironclads were no threat for a modern army, but rumours said they had Dashdae Sciians and alchemised beasts in their ranks. Then again, she could always summon a storm."We have a new surface corvette that will come in handy. I imagine Her Majesty's minion did not take the part setting the noble Qadiri's 'stolen property' free well?" Tone indicated that she did not care about what they thought.

[member="Kaida Taldir"]
"She huffed and puffed. It was worth it just for that. They need us though, and know we could crush them if we wanted. Just as well we're the good guys, right?" he asked with laugh.

"Right, the Triton. That'll help. I've had dropships doing scans of the island. They have some heavy defences - all primitive though. They've got large calibre solid and explosive shot cannons guarding the approaches and from what we've seen they have a mix of repeating crossbows and rifle muskets. My bigger concern is that we've seen cages containing strange looking beasts and also their ability to get into melee. I'll be having my troops operate in 3-man teams to cover all angles. We'll use blasters as they're quick and accurate for this work."
"I suggest a quick bombardment by the ship and gunships, then a landing to secure the captives."

[member="Valiens Nantaris"]

Kaida took a deep drag and exhaled long and slow, throat working. Smoke streamed towards the ceiling. Maybe she was bent on reducing her life expectancy by chainsmoking a lot. The razor travelled slowly across the map as she looked at the island, then at the holographic readings the probe droids had transmitted to her, before she nodded in assent. "Agreed. Beasts, yes? I suppose that's their variant of Sithspawn. I'll have the Angelii focus on those and what Dashdae Sciians the Xioquo have. Elemental power and bolters loaded with APE rounds should come in handy,"

In the light of the fact that the natives only had ironclads and musquets it might seem a bit like overkill. However, Kaida was a firm believer in 'live by the sword, get shot by the elf with a bolter, who then goes hom to order pizza' philosophy. Honour? That was just a fancy word to excuse stupidity.

[member="Callista Gseran"], [member="Natoline Kerrigan"], [member="Coryth Elaris"], [member="Valiens Nantaris"]/@whoever Pete is using today

There was a flash, and then from hyperspace, the Ashira's Justice, a Thuella-class battle cruiser, emerged. Siobhan had 'appropriated' the vessel of war for Firemane purposes way back and it seemed a fitting flagship for her to make her moderately dramatic entrance in. After all, it was very important that she arrived in style!

It was well-armed and carried a host of soldiers, engineers and other personnel that would be of use for the tasks that lay ahead. Hectic activity was on the bridge of the ship as it manifested in the orbit of Tygara. Scans quickly picked up on the Valora's Blade and the Ardarvia. Transmission over an open channel was quickly sent by the Firemane Commander of the vessel. It would presumably end up reaching Tegaea. "This is the Ashira's Justice of Firemane Industries. Her Ladyship the Countess Kerrigan is aboard." A shuttle would be lying in wait for the Countess in the hangar bay, soon she would board it and descend down towards the planet.

Tegaea Alcori

Back to Square One
[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"] [member="Coryth Elaris"] [member="Callista Gseran"] [member="Natoline Kerrigan"]

A full honour guard of the Angelii awaited Siobhan when she landed at the palace. Courtiers and servants looked on as this new woman appeared.

Tegaea was waiting for her wife as she emerged, came forward and hugged her.

"Welcome to Tygara, Siobhan! Had a pleasant flight?"

Stories of Firemane fury might have filtered through to Siobhan by now, and if so Tegaea was pleased. She enjoyed being the action heroine for once rather than her getting all the credit. It felt good for once to do that and not just be the distant general or the maiden in peril.

"I'm not sure how much you've heard, but here's the main drift; the leader here is Semiramis, the Shahbânu of Amikaron, the largest nation in the area. We have formed an alliance with them, and also mapped out the northern lands for places to settle the Eldorai. The Shahbânu’s enemies are the Xioquo, a race of darker skinned Eldorai who use slavery and Dark Side powers. We will be signing the treaty today, and then we’re going to operate a strike on a Xioquo base. But be careful, the people in this court are cunning and sometimes downright deceptive. But…I dealt with three assassins myself!” she finished proudly.

[member="Tegaea Alcori"]

Needless to say Siobhan always enjoyed being the centre of attention. So an honour guard of Angelii, courtiers and minions was very nice. That was the way she ought to be greeted! People were supposed to stand at attention and fawn over her. Oh, and there was her wife. That was very nice as well. For the record, Siobhan approved of action Tegs. Damsels in distress were not really the women she liked. So she pulled her wife into a big hug and gave her a kiss. "I heard, darlin'. Congratulations. So proud of you. You have to tell me all the details at our...debriefing," she said happily.

Then she released Tegaea and took her hand. Not just for closeness but also because it meant she had to rely less on her annoying cane, which she was still forced to use because her writer likes to troll her. "The Blade commander filled me on the basics. Sounds very Game of Stars. This The Qadiri are a bunch of slaveholders as well, aren't they? We'll have to change that in time. I imagine they're going to try and use us to fight their wars for them and get an understanding of our tech. But it's relief the Eldorai found a place to settle. Don't know how much you've heard, but things are getting heated on Kaeshana - surge in terrorist attacks, assassination attempts, I'll fill you in. Heard there was an...argument with Coci. Coryth, Tarissa and Nato ok?" Naturally she did not mention frost elf because Siobhan did not like Taldir. In her opinion [member="Coryth Elaris"] could do better! Then again, Siobhan probably had impossibly high standards for anyone who wanted to date 'her' Coryth.

Starleaves n Stimcafs
Poking her way through Angelii honorguard to mutterings of surprise, eye patch on, veiled over it as she was, Natoline had slipped away from proceedings to investigate the nearest native’s city, she still thought having an eyepatch was freaking gonzo, which let’s just say meant cool in certain club slang. Sadly her trip shopping had meant she’d missed all the assassin stuff. Everyone in the streets had made a fuss of her, eventually shuffled off by the locals, but she’d picked up native necklaces and trinkets from some of the more generous ones. Which was good because she was out of her armor since freeing her slaves and changing suits. She’d heard Sio might be landing, and so bounced her way back into sight, because not only that she had a chance to meet Tegs!

She was veiled though, which would look stupid for their first meeting, so she tossed off her veil, a ruffle of clothes behind them as she got lost in the material, before straightening herself out. Straightened her hair, the eyepatch and her hair better look okay!

Chancing a quick Nato-wave to Tegaea, “ummmm hey,” Nato said, still wearing the same blue and purple dress she had on from before, only now she was decorated in as many space elf oddities as she could get her hands on, bracelets, necklaces, earrings and even a broach or two, though she’d taken the big ones off. She would have stayed longer but she’d been shooed back with the rest of the offworlders. Definitely no armor though, don't be silly.

“You missed the fun!” Nato said with a bright one-eyed grin, it was difficult to guess whether she meant shopping or space pirates, probably both. [member="Tadietti Tann"] from her freed gaggle of slaves was still about somewhere in the background, the blue twi’lek carrying a bunch more stuff Nato had bought for her new friend, silks, furs, whatever the merchants had heaped on them in trade for their own exotic clothing and goods.

[member="Tegaea Alcori"] | [member="Siobhan Kerrigan"]​

Tegaea Alcori

Back to Square One
[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"] [member="Natoline Kerrigan"] [member="Coryth Elaris"]

Tegaea’s happy mood dimmed a little. “Yes, we had a disagreement with Coci. The Qadiri are and always have been slavers. She was of the opinion that we should instantly demand the emancipation of all the slaves at once. It was utterly impractical and it nearly caused everything to unravel. Jedi….” Tegaea almost spat the last word.
“Coryth is an exception, and maybe a few others, but their inability to realise the situation they are in rather puts a lie to their claims about being master diplomats,” she added.

“Tarissa is fine, though she was wounded fighting the noble behind the assassination attempt. Coryth and Callista are seeing to her now. As for Nato…”

And then there she was, the other adoptive daughter complete with eye patch and assortment of jewellery.

“’Hey’ yourself, does the doctor know you are out running about, young lady?” Tegaea said as sternly as she could. “Natoline was very brave in the battle, but was wounded as you can see. I suspect she’s not been obeying the healer’s orders.”
She couldn’t be angry, or even stern with Natoline for long. There was something infectious about the girl which made such things seem churlish and wrong. With that in mind she put an arm around her adoptive daughter's shoulders and pulled all three into a group hug.

[member="Tegaea Alcori"], [member="Natoline Kerrigan"]

Siobhan's brow furrowed as she contemplated what Tegaea said, feeling a bit bad about dimming her mood. She did consider Coci a friend, but on the other hand the fact that she had endangered the successful outcome of negotiations made her mood dampen a bit. Her eyes narrowed slightly. "I see. Most Jedi do live with their heads in the clouds and think they can sanctimoniously wave their lightsabre around and preach about the Code because they know best," she said flatly. To be fair...I wouldn't have reacted any better a couple years ago. Worse probably." By Siobhan's standards this was a fairly mild reaction. Maybe because Tegaea had already said what needed to be said.

She nodded at the mention of Tarissa. She would have to check up on her and sweet Coryth...and then suddenly a wild Nato appeared! Apparently wearing an eyepatch was in now. "Aww, my brave girl. You know, dear, you're not supposed to follow my example too much. Specifically not the part about getting cut in the eye," she said, though her tone was warm as opposed to angry and she allowed herself to be pulled into a hug by her wife, likewise embracing their daughter. "I'm sure Areialla will kiss you all better," she said with a chuckle because she was notoriously not going to miss a chance to troll her adoptive daughter.

Starleaves n Stimcafs
“Kaida was really amazing Sio, she got’em” Nato bobbed her head. She couldn’t imagine her mums getting hurt they always seemed invincible, at least to her eyes, but space elves, yep she was a fan. Doctors not so much! “kinda, I mean, ahhh…” she tiptoed up and down looking to Tegaea, “he didn’t like say don’t run off Nato, just y’know,” she’d just sort of poofed when he was fiddling with his computer thing. Nato smirkled mischievously at the thought of doctor avoidance, her own brand of half smirk half smile, liking her eyepatch way too much to take it off anyway! She was loving being pirate-girl for a day or two.

“Whaaa…” Nato-pulled group hug, shoulders flopping down, sighing happily, and resting there, “missed you guys,” she said quietly, Nato-freeze at her first family group hug. Peeking her head up eventually to blow a strand of ex veil-hair out of her face, she’d probably need a brush to sort that mess out. Still having no idea what they were really here for, Sio would tell her that a week or so from now, Nato was just going to enjoy being with family on their space-trip.

Sticking her tongue out at Sio playfully, “Siooooooo Areialla were just y’know friends n stuff,” stuff, she half-blushed, wiggling her nose, and saw Tadi scampering around in the background. Quick topic change! "Found some shops, are we ummm building stuff now?" Stuff her universal word for everything awkward or unknown, but building shops seemed fun, not quite in tune with the practical side of colony development, or what came before shoe purchases in necessity!

[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"] | [member="Tegaea Alcori"]​

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom