Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

February 2014 Staff Critique

Ropo Lord of Hoth | Supreme Comandante General
There was only one thing that worried the little Ropo.

That was the serious lack of biscuits, and would the staff do anything to counter this lack of biscuits.

Ashin Varanin said:
Though this isn't something that personally applies to me, it's something I've heard in confidence from quite a few people in the last couple of weeks since I've been back. Some fraction of the board population isn't comfortable talking with most of staff, because they feel they'll be pressured, bullied, or talked down to. There's also the persistent and ugly perception that the winner in any given debate is the person who has the most staffers as friends. Part of all this is, so far as I can tell, real -- and part of what I'm hearing is probably what Tef would call 'a you problem' -- but I've noticed a few cases where staffers could have tried harder to act fairly or stay out of the way in debates where they have a vested interest, or where they could have tried harder to come across as approachable. It's one thing to solve a problem efficiently, but when you do so in a way that ensures the next five problems won't come to you, efficiency is counterproductive.
This is where I admit that I'm actually trying to be approachable

and that's not a lie

I'd personally like to thank @[member="Fabula Cavataio"] . As someone who uses the factory often as this character, I've found her nothing but helpful and willing to provide constructive criticism. It seems to me the Factory is also on the up and up thanks to the work of FJs who tirelessly weed out the bad submissions and help improve the good ones. Its an awesome resource and not every RP board has something like it in such a capacity.

As for unapproachable staff, I would suggest what is suggested at my place of RL employment. Find a staffer that you're comfortable with and address problems there with the preface of "I dont feel comfortable going to so and so." Seems logical to myself anyways.

@[member="Judah Dashiell"]
spirited-away.gif

If any Staff Member is "bullying" you, send me a log of the conversation. If you think I'm bullying you, tell me. If you're a Staff member and you think I'm bullying you, file a complaint with HR.

Jay Scott Clark said:
  • The retarded hashtag meta that is #TyrannyReigns
  • We get it. Staff is tired of dealing with stupid people. Well surprise! It's the Internet and 'Stupid' isn't a violation of the Terms of Service. Big woop. Suck it up Staffers. If you're unhappy with the community, then teach them. If your disgruntled, bless them. If it's about you, make it about them. Contrary to popular belief, this site isn't made great because of Staff. This site isn't awesome because Tef is generally awesome. It's made great for the collaborative vision, community, and creativity that is the writers. It's everybody. It is us.
#ThisCommunityRocks <--- Now that is a hashtag we can all get behind. Screw Tefs ego. You guys rock! Way to go team. :D
funny-gif17.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom