Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

jwrzXRU.png

Mapping new hyperspace routes was a dangerous business.

The galaxy was filled with objects, even in the spaces between observable spaces. Rogue planets drifted between systems, unilluminated and invisible. Dead iron stars floated in the endless black, spheres that were aggregating interstellar material while waiting to become black holes. Anomalous gravity phenomenon secreted themselves in unchecked corners of creation, their own gravity wells preventing any sign of their existence from creeping out and being seen by navigational sensors.

But perhaps the worst part of mapping new hyperspace routes was the fact that... hardly anything ever happened.

Of all the myriad things that could go wrong, of all the horrors that infinite space could offer... things rarely went awry.

Space was big. Tremendously, awesomely big. So big, that you had a decent chance of drawing a perfectly safe straight line between any two points. Sometimes, it seemed that charting hyperspace lanes was a pointless exercise, because the infinite reaches of creation made it unlikely you'd have a mishap.

You could easily become inattentive.

Even lazy.

Boredom tempted you to stretch your jumps just a little further than you ought to, just to get it all over with.

And then, when the warm cloak of complacency seemed safe and comfortable... it happened. The Universe made you pay the price for your lack of attention.

This had just happened to Crasdon. And it had happened at the worst possible time, when his droid partner 'Fancy' was in her charging berth. There was no one to harangue him about being more careful. No one to put a second set of eyes on the sensors. No one to help him maneuver out of a dangerous scenario.

And then he'd jumped into a singularity cluster.

Crasdon was a good pilot. That's the only reason he didn't die horribly in the initial seconds.

He jerked. He juked. He hammered the stick this way and that way, dancing on gravitational waves with the ship's blazing thrusters. He forced the scout to move in ways its designers had never intended.

Then, as he came to a break between the tug of one singularity and the pull of another, he'd punched the hyperdrive into action again.

No navcomputer.

Just go. Somewhere.

Anywhere was better than here.

Then he'd been hurtling through hyparspace. His heart was racing. Suddenly, every minute he traveled within uncharted hyperspace felt incredibly hazardous. When he couldn't take it anymore, he dropped out again.

He had no idea where he was when the ship re-entered realspace. He only knew that he was about to die.

The ship was crossing the threshold of a planet's orbit, and it was going far too fast.

He flipped the scout, straining the inertial dampers and clenching his fists into a white-knuckled grip on the controls. Then he fired retro-thrust, slowing the descent of the craft for a minute before flipping again. His gaze danced across the landscape, identifying the first open patch he could find between surface features.

There! Next to that mountain!

He set the scout down, remarkably without so much as damaging the landing leg.

His hands were shaking as he stood up and locked the control console. Then he rushed to the back of the craft, barely checked the atmospheric indicator, and opened the airlock hatch. The ramp began to extend, and he didn't even wait for it to finish before he started clambering down to the surface of this unknown world.

He had neglected to put on his gloves, or strap on his blaster. He had neglected absolutely everything.

He'd felt the need to plant his feet on real ground, and to get real air in his lungs. He needed just a moment so that he'd be able to think...

Gradually, as he realized the improbability of his survival, he began to laugh. Fear transformed into euphoria. Now that he was no longer in danger, the moment became one of the greatest misadventures of his life. A story he'd tell countless people at bars. Something he'd share with his kids one d-

His train of thought was interrupted as his eyes took in the landscape. Before, he'd only seen it as a series of obstacles preventing a good landing. Now, he took it in with his mind fully engaged. Black, sulfurous, volcanic. But...

Out there. That mountain...

Something wasn't right about it.

"That's no mountain," he muttered to himself.

Crasdon retreated back into 'Whiskers' and got together his equipment. Put on an EVA suit. Boarded a jump-speeder and took off.

An hour later, he returned to the ship and stalked back to the bridge. By now, the navcomputer had crunched the numbers on this impromptu trip, and figured out where the ship had dropped out of hyperspace.

Crasdon activated his holocom, unwittingly using a code which wasn't too old... but was old enough to have been cracked by some of the Galactic Alliance's enemies.

"This is Captain Crasdon Kaine, calling Outlander Station. Outbound Flight Contractor ID 53216-B. I'm in the Rethosian system's third planet. To my knowledge, this planet has never been surveyed by the Galactic Alliance. Anyway, I've stumbled across something that's too big for me to survey alone. A massive structure, the size of a small mountain. It's man-made, and it's hollow. But most importantly, it's covered in runes. Ancient Sith runes. I can't read them, but this feels like something the Jedi need to be made aware of, right away.

I'll stay on site and secure it to the best of my ability until additional ships can be dispatched.

But... I've got a bad feeling about this. Don't wait too long..."

WYVi9o9.png

Last edited:
KGvs804.png

It wasn't often that Andy got off planet Service Corp calls. Usually it was something on fire on Coruscant, but this was a call to anyone in the area. Outbound Flight had gotten a surveyor stuck somewhere in the Rethosian system. It was a ways out, but with a direct route to where they were headed, Andy was quick to arrive in the system. Getting to the planet was a different task, one Andy in his old X-wing seemed to take with care.

Maybe it was just a tingle on his back, but as he approached, he couldn't help but prep is axe. Whatever was coming next, he knew it would require him to be on guard.

Landing close to the crashed pilot, his X-wing came to a soft landing before the man activated his rebreather, before hopping out.

"Hey!" He called out.
"You okay?!"

Tag: Crasdon Kaine Crasdon Kaine

Wearing: Channeler's Skin, Consort's Ring

Armed With: Elaine Tear's Lightsaber (Corrupted)

The Battalion, being a High Priestess of the Dark Side had naturally be drawn to this world by Dark Visions and had arrived on her TIE Reaper.

When she had seen it in the clouds she gasped. The secrets of the Sith made her flesh bubbled all over her skeleton for a split second. As the third Darth Phyre, it was her duty to secure it's power for House Io.

She sneered, sensing the light inside a living being.

No. No. This discovery was unspoiled. It would remain so. For his sake she would try to save his soul first. If that didn't work, she would devour it.

Her ship settled, and the Sorceress stepped out, clad in her black and white catsuit that served as her badge of office. Lightsaber in hand.

Her flesh shuddered disgustingly everywhere on her body for a few seconds as she began to calmly walk to their general direction. Her aura in the Force was rotted. A perversion of the natural order.

Anthony Gray Sun Anthony Gray Sun

Crasdon Kaine Crasdon Kaine

Kostodu brought his X-wing down beneath the clouds, homing in on the transmission's location. The Twi'lek squinted, and found the shape of another spacecraft in the distance. Without looking too hard, he found two more parked close by.

The Padawan landed his fighter (rather violently) and quickly popped the canopy and exited after a quick look at the atmosphere indicator. Already, he felt a dark presence. Both the world itself, and a human. Sith? Maybe. The only thing keeping him from dreading a battle was the presence of another...and it was familiar somehow.

But before he identified the familiar presence, he needed to make sure the explorer was all right. Kostodu approached the cockpit of the spacecraft and waved towards the viewport. "Excuse me!" he shouted. "Are you all right? Do you need assistance?"

Suddenly, it was like there was something itching in the back of his head. Kostodu whirled around to find a woman stalking towards the scout ship. "Um. Can I help you?" the Twi'lek asked, hands on his hip. And near his lightsaber.

That was when he realized the woman had a lightsaber in her hand. Sith? Most likely.

Crasdon Kaine Crasdon Kaine Anthony Gray Sun Anthony Gray Sun The Battalion The Battalion

"No...but perhaps I can help you...The Battalion replied as she got closer. The flesh all over her body bubbled and bulged like rats were under the surface for a few seconds as the dark citadel beyond loomed, feeding off it's dark power

She stared at the three of them. "The secrets of that structure are only for the strong. The Dark has claimed this world already. No Jedi could appreciate it's secrets...but I would be perfectly happy to guide you all to greater understanding. If you will but throw down your weapons..."

Kostodu Xyston Kostodu Xyston

Crasdon Kaine didn't have to wait as long as he'd feared before people began to respond to his message.

It could have been days, even weeks before someone got here. And he'd have been forced to watch that black structure, seething with Sith symbology, praying that no one from the Dark Side would come hunting for the secrets it held. It would be just his luck that this thing probably sat here for thousands of years, undiscovered, and only when he showed up would some Dark agent arrive to make use of it.

Hell, for all he knew his presence could have activated something inside the structure. There were energy readings coming off of it. Powerful emanations on unusual frequencies. It wasn't quite like anything he'd scanned before.

But before too long, friendlies started to drop in. Jedi, if he had to guess. The best kind of friendlies!

Their ships set down nearby, and Crasdon held up his hands as he smiled. The helmet of his EVA suit had a speaker that announced his words to the outside, in case anyone wasn't on his radio frequency.

"I'm okay, but I am sure glad to see you guys. I think I've stumbled across an ancient Sith structure, and it seems like the sort of thing that shouldn't fall into the wrong-"

His words were cut off as another ship approached.

This one- he had an uncomfortable feeling- was not an ally.

It landed nearby, and a figure stepped out, walking in their direction. There was something off about them. Something odd with their body... but they claimed to want to help. Except they wanted the group to disarm, first.

"Ah," Crasdon said, "any chance we could achieve greater understanding without throwing down our weapons? Or... were you going to throw down your weapons, too? I don't see any reason why there needs to be violence or surrender. How about a friendly chat?"

He did not, however, believe this was going to end with a friendly chat.

Damn it, why was Fancy always charging when he needed her?

The Battalion The Battalion

High Commander of the Lilaste Order
Laphisto was on a scouting Mission after the Destruction of his ship he was forced to use the Conquests Agenda. which wasn't all that bad, the small corvette had served him well even before he had opted to form the Lilaste order. sitting at the bridge of the ship he was heading to a possible sighting of a strange ship seen drifting in space when the bridge officer spoke up " sir we are getting a transmission sending it to your chair now" Laphisto raised a brow crabbing at the console and pulling the transmission up
"This is Captain Crasdon Kaine, calling Outlander Station. Outbound Flight Contractor ID 53216-B. I'm in the Rethosian system's third planet. To my knowledge, this planet has never been surveyed by the Galactic Alliance. Anyway, I've stumbled across something that's too big for me to survey alone. A massive structure, the size of a small mountain. It's man-made, and it's hollow. But most importantly, it's covered in runes. Ancient Sith runes. I can't read them, but this feels like something the Jedi need to be made aware of, right away.

I'll stay on site and secure it to the best of my ability until additional ships can be dispatched.

But... I've got a bad feeling about this. Don't wait too long..."

Laphisto grasped his chin in thought, it wasn't to much of his business to go poking into Galactic alliance affairs but an unsurveyed planet? that didn't seem likely how could an entire planet go un noticed, unless it had showed up ? his lone ear perked softly, this could be a possible lead to his home world. his thoughts were racing as he looked to the Pilots " drop us from hypser space and change course, were going to investigate." and soon the corvette was off racing towards the unknown planet.

they had arrived, standing from his chair Laphisto approached the glasssteel viewport and looked the planet over, it was nothing like the stories he had been told growing up, but then again those stories were back when his planet still orbited a star. shaking his head he directed his pilots to put them down on the ground. and so the large corvette breached the atmosphere rushing over the scout ship and the others who had landed , touching down roughly three hundred meters away in a more stable clearing for the larger ship to land.

the moment the ship landed Laphisto moved to leave the bridge " you have the helm captain, I'm going to introduce ourselves, keep the engines hot. if this doesn't prove prudent then we will depart."

Crasdon Kaine Crasdon Kaine Anthony Gray Sun Anthony Gray Sun The Battalion The Battalion Kostodu Xyston Kostodu Xyston

The Battalion thought about it then smirked.

"Oh, hell, why not? Keep them. If it leaves you feeling...in charge..."

The Battalion was confident she could take all three of them if that was what was required.

She sensed Laphisto Laphisto landing and exiting the ship.

"I'm heading to this citadel. For those of you curious of the Dark Side, feel free to follow me. But I warn you...I will not tolerate desecration of this citadel in any form. Especially by Jedi..."

The Battalion waited for their answers, folding her arms. She was already recalling choice dark side curses, and her aura was as rotted up close as it was afar.

She would crush any who would dare harm it. Besides, agreeing to a ceasefire gave her a chance to corrupt them that she might not otherwise have had if she immediately resorted to violence.

Kostodu turned slightly to the side, just enough to see the Sith structure in the distance (but still keep an eye on the woman). "Yeah...I'll keep my weapon," Kostodu said. "And who says I'm a Jedi? I'm not gonna desecrate the citadel in any way."

That would remain to be seen. And the Twi'lek was a bit nervous. If he did venture into the Sith structure, who knew what that aura of dark side power would do to him? Kostodu couldn't withstand corruption forever. But he would be with another Jedi. And together, they should be able to watch out for each other, and take on any threat. At least in theory.

The Battalion The Battalion Anthony Gray Sun Anthony Gray Sun Laphisto Laphisto Crasdon Kaine Crasdon Kaine

Crasdon held his breath for a long moment as the seconds of tension stretched out like hot taffy.

Fortunately, violence did not immediately break out. Everyone was being calm and reasonable.

Good, good.

A new ship landed nearby. A corvette? It was a model Crasdon hadn't seen before.

Fortunately, just as this lady hadn't unleashed violence, it seemed that the new arrivals had no ill intentions, either. Figures were disembarking and walking this way, but not with weapons ablaze.

Crasdon shifted his attention to what seemed to be the lead Jedi responding to his call. The one wearing red. Was that a Service Corps badge?

"Hey, Mr, Uh... Knight? Now that the Jedi are here, I figure you outrank me. And I'll be glad to get out of here in one piece. But... well, I'm an Explorer. That seems like a hell of a thing out there." He waved towards the faux mountain. The edifice the lady had called a 'Citadel.'

Well, maybe it was a citadel. He didn't know the first thing about Sith facilities. He'd only been taught to recognize Sith script so that he could report it if he came across any.

Crasdon shifted his gaze between the human Jedi and the Twi'lek... who he'd also assumed was a Jedi. But maybe not? It was getting crowded out here, and it wasn't entirely clear who everyone was. The Twi'lek 'felt' like a Jedi. "And ah... you're with him, right?" He gestured towards the human Jedi, whose name he'd also not yet caught.

"Maybe we should take her up on her offer to show us around? I mean, that building seems important, and she says she can open it up."

He hadn't seen an obvious entrance when he'd sped out there earlier. Perhaps it really did require someone proficient with the Dark side to gain access.

Unspoken was another reason to follow her. They needed to make sure she didn't activate some Sith superweapon in there, or awaken some other terrible force.

As he swallowed that unsettling thought, Crasdon regarded the newcomers who'd arrived on the corvette. They were getting near, now.

"Hey. I'm Crasdon Kaine. Are you with them?" He nodded towards the Jedi, "Or with her?" He nodded towards the...

Whatever she was.

"Or... are you with someone new?"

Anthony Gray Sun Anthony Gray Sun The Battalion The Battalion Laphisto Laphisto Kostodu Xyston Kostodu Xyston

Last edited:
Laphisto pushed his way up the hill, his eyes flashing with a teal blue, gazing and peering into the gathered four people. His gaze reaching out to find their alignments to the force. Surprisingly enough, three were light-side aligned, some more than others, though the woman was far on the other side of the spectrum. he stopped walking several feet away from them. Seeing one of the figures with their hands raised he raised a brow, the teal blue fading from his eyes and his right hand immediately moving up to grab and rub at his eyes before squinting- or glaring?- at the group

"I hope I'm not interrupting anything?" he raised a brow glancing over the others, his left hand resting on the hilt of of the Broad Saber that was attached to his belt, the large Dragonoid stood roughly seven eight adorned in his Set of LO-56A MKII armor, the symbol of clan ordo on one shoulder and the sigil of the Lilaste order on the other. he wasn't exactly to sure what was going on before he arrived though he had seen the group and thier ships on his decent to his landing zone. When Crasdon Kaine Crasdon Kaine spoke he raised a brow glancing between the two Jedi and then the sith spawn with a small chuckle rolling from his throat " I am with neither, here for my own business one could say"

Crasdon Kaine Crasdon Kaine Anthony Gray Sun Anthony Gray Sun The Battalion The Battalion Kostodu Xyston Kostodu Xyston

Last edited:
"Well, Jedi...here is the irony of your situation..."

Her flesh shuddered disgustingly all over her body, bubbling like melted cheese everywhere. The fact was wearing a catsuit made it more horrific because it captured every detail of her momentary deformities as her body metabolized the dark energy that had pulsed invisibly through the air from the citadel. Within seconds her body and the armor covering it was back to normal.

"Y'see, if I let you go, you'll simply inform the Jedi..." she replied, walking a bit closer. "But if you leave me, you'll leave all the people who would come with me to the will of The Dark Side. And besides, if I am up to something, you leaving is one less Jedi standing in my way, and one Jedi's presence in a situation as tricky as this can make all the difference."

She smiled malevolently at Anthony Gray Sun Anthony Gray Sun .

"You are bound here by your Jedi duty..."

She turned making note of the rest of them, focusing on Laphisto Laphisto .

"Perhaps you do not fear the Dark Side as these Jedi do." she said, taking note of his saber.

When Crasdon Kaine Crasdon Kaine expressed interest, the Battalion smiled

"Come with me. I would show you it's wisdom, if you are curious."

She turned and began walking towards the citadel casually.

"The Darkness awaits..."

Crasdon hesitated.

The Jedi had come to help him. This strange woman was obviously crawling with the creepiness of the Dark Side.

Going with her, entering that structure, had to be the most bone-headed thing he'd ever considered. And yet, what was the alternative? Leave this Dark Side structure to a Dark Side practitioner? If he was going to do that, why had he even bothered to send a message for help?

No... he had to follow. He had to find the secrets of this structure. And he had to prevent her from doing anything heinous on the inside.

He couldn't do any of that if he just walked- or flew- away.

He got on his jump speeder, as it was quite a way to walk, and followed behind the woman at a sedate pace. As he did so, he looked to the others, imploring them to come along with his gaze through the faceplate of his EVA suit.

He certainly didn't want to face her- and the secrets of that Sith structure- alone.

Kostodu scowled as he watched the woman frolic to the citadel, knowing that she would get what she wanted, one way or another. And this wasn't the place for a fight...but it would erupt some way. Either now, when Kostodu didn't have the structure's dark-side aura trying to break his mind, or inside the citadel, where anything could happen. He sighed and looked over at the other Jedi.

Now that he got a closer look...he did recognize him. Jedi Knight Gray Sun. That man had saved the Twi'lek Padawan from a fire once. Kostodu walked over to him. "What should we do?" he asked. The man was much more experienced than a mere Padawan, so it would make sense that he would make better and faster decisions than Kostodu.

The Twi'lek suddenly heard an engine revving up. He turned to find the stranded explorer following the Sith lady, a desperate look on his face. The Jedi couldn't just let him go alone...who knew what that woman would do to him?

And then there was the matter of the dragon. It was really up to him now. If that man decided to take Kostodu and Anthony's side, they could easily defeat the Sith if that's what it came down to. But if the dragon joined the Sith...

That would be an unpleasant experience.

The Battalion The Battalion Laphisto Laphisto Crasdon Kaine Crasdon Kaine

Laphisto watched as Crasdon Kaine Crasdon Kaine and The Battalion The Battalion began to depart, their forms retreating against the stark, ominous landscape of the volcanic planet. Streams of lava carved through the earth, illuminating the darkened terrain with an eerie glow. In the distance, the menacing silhouette of a Sith temple stood, a reminder of the dark power that lurked nearby.

His attention was then pulled towards the two Jedi left in his company. A sense of unease washed over Laphisto, his lone ear pinning back as memories of his own tumultuous past with the Jedi Order surfaced. He wasn't fond of the Order, resenting them for weaponizing him, but he harbored no ill will towards these particular Jedi.

A swift motion brought his hand to his face, fingers pressing against the comlink. "Lieutenant Fen," Laphisto's voice cut through the silence, "Can you bring three speeders to my location? I have a few guests here that may need a ride."

The transmission ended in silence, his gaze, stern and searching, settling back on the Jedi. They seemed different, yet the specter of his past lingered.

As Laphisto waited, his arms folded over his armored chest, the distinct hum of approaching ARSB speeders echoed in the still air. Lieutenant Fen, clad in armor akin to Laphisto's but distinguished by a helmet painted in a dark, almost blackish green, dismounted.

Laphisto's eyes, imbued with the fiery hue of the flowing lava nearby, fixed on Kostodu Xyston Kostodu Xyston and Anthony Gray Sun Anthony Gray Sun . "That is if you two need a ride?" His question hung heavily in the air, as embers from the volcanic ground flickered, casting fleeting shadows that danced menacingly around the ancient Sith temple in the distance.

The Battalion made good time across the plains, slowly working out in her head how to corrupt those who wished to follow her to the ancient Citadel. Her best chance would be when they be were inside. But it would depend on what she found within.

Her flesh began to bubble more and more as she approached the dark citadel of this planet, until her flesh writhed across her skeleton like waves in an ocean. Her body literally couldn't metabolize the Dark Side energy flowing from the citadel fast enough, leaving her in a constant state of horrifying, bubbling disfigurement as she at last approached the giant doors.

Her dark will seeped into its metal disabled the ancient spell based booby traps. She raised a hand the flesh violently shuddered on and made a claw gesture.

The link between her and the dark citadel made her flesh shudder so violently it seemed to be on the verge of actually tearing off the skeleton, pulling in hundreds of different directions as she absorbed the power into herself to manipulate it better.

Slowly but surely, the doors creaked open ever wider, until the darkness beyond beckoned.

The Battalion was forced to stop her flesh from shuddering, closing her body's absorption to it as her flesh and armor reset on the body.

"Do not be afraid of the power within. It can remake you..." she emphasized as she walked in without hesitation.

Laphisto Laphisto

Last edited:
Crasdon winced as he saw the gruesome fluctuations of the woman's body.

She would have been attractive, were it not for the contortions of her flesh, leaping from her bones like a sizzling egg on a pan. He swallowed down his nausea. Then he turned on his helmet light and took out his scanner. The unit whirred busily as he took a hesitant step within the structure.

"I'd rather stay un-remade, if it's the same to you," he said, studying the scanner readout. He glanced at the tall, horned man who'd joined them, wondering if he'd be an ally or just another danger in this temple.

"You seem to know how to operate this technology, Miss, but it's many thousands of years old. Have you been here bef-"

He stopped mid-sentence as the scanners showed him something new.

"This is amazing. The structure... it's like a giant signal antenna. It's getting transmissions from all over the galaxy. I've... never monitored this frequency before. It's a slower wavelength. Not in use by the Alliance..." The signals he was reading were only capable of about 4000c. Quite a delay over long distances. But maybe when this building was constructed, such communication speeds were still considered fast. It must be from a time before the Holonet.

He spun slowly in place, letting the scanner take readings from all around him.

"All of this information... it must be getting recorded somewhere... I'd kill to get a look at it."

He cringed when he realized what he'd said.

Hopefully the weird woman, and the big draconic fellow, wouldn't take him literally.

Anthony Gray Sun Anthony Gray Sun The Battalion The Battalion Laphisto Laphisto Kostodu Xyston Kostodu Xyston

"I've been to many places like this before...but this specific one? No." She answered Crasdon Kaine Crasdon Kaine as he followed her.

"This temple has many ways to fulfill such a desire, young man! Why, if anything, the best knowledge is gained through killing!" she explained proudly

The Battalion went ahead, seeing the ancient, inscribed monoliths lining the entry hall. She had if course, gone in expecting danger. But the ancient Sith were clever. The most sinister threats were never obvious. The Battalion"s flesh shuddered everywhere a bit before resetting.

"Don't wander off..." She called out to the others.

She saw chambers leading to other sections. The ceiling was arched overhead, stained glass windows depicting famed duels of the Sith.

She felt danger building and her red lightsaber activated.

Two Rakghouls, armored and with wings, powered by the Dark Side of the Force, swooped down with horrifying screeching and her red blade swished towards their throats in the elegant Makashi style, fatally wounding both in the span of a heart beat and twisting to the side as their still moving bodies stumbled past her before falling dead.

"I think we just met the security. Don't let them bite you..." She warned, hiding the fact she could tame the beast's, but wanting to guage Crasdon's creativity as well as the ability of those who follow. It was her way of weeding out the weak...

Laphisto Laphisto

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom