Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech FAE/I-06 Optical CryoBan Projector Implant

Status
Not open for further replies.
tFkO5qY.png
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: First United Astral Engineering
  • Affiliation:
  • Market Status: Closed-Market
  • Model: FAE/I-06 Optical CryoBan Projector Implant
  • Modularity:
    • Systems may be stripped as needed or desired
    • Can be configured for installation in droids
    • Various settings and programming alterations
  • Production: Semi-Unique
  • Material:
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Cybernetic Eye - CryoBan Beam Weapon
  • Size: Average
  • Weight: Average
  • Beam Color: Cyan
  • Beam Velocity: 1445 m/s
  • Resistances: N/A
  • Ammunition Type: CryoBan Cell
  • Ammunition Capacity: Large - 50 Discharges
  • Effective Range: Average - 150 Meters
  • Rate of Fire: Low - 30 Discharges per Minute
    • Beam Discharge Duration: 0.5 Seconds
  • Damage Output: Extreme
  • Recoil: Average
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Data and Information Security
  • Optical Implant / Synthetic Photoreceptor
  • Control Systems
    • Neural Link
    • Universal Interfacing, Uplink, and Networking Capability
    • Power Setting Modulation System - High Power, Low Power, Etc.
  • Power and Discharge Systems
    • Pure Rylith Power Cell
    • Electromagnetic Containment Field Projector - The discharged CryoBan is ionized and sheathed within an electromagnetic containment field. This field maintains its integrity better than CryoBan does in its raw form, allowing for a longer effective range.
    • Miniaturized Ionizer
    • CryoBan Projector - Integrated into Optical Implant / Synthetic Photoreceptor
  • Utility and Safety Features
STRENGTHS
  • Kill on Sight - As the FAE/I-06 is directly integrated into a cybernetic eye, it is far easier to bring to bear than any traditional weapon. In this regard, aiming and tracking a target with the FAE/I-06 is as easy as looking at them. As such, the weapon is very ideal against fast-moving, agile enemies.
  • Freeze Beam - Like the FAE/I-05 before it, the FAE/I-06 is very much a lethal weapon. However, unlike the FAE/I-05, the FAE/I-06 fires a beam of ionized, electromagnetically-contained CryoBan. Upon impact (typically with a shield, lightsaber blade, solid object, Etc.), this beam collapses and releases its payload. In this, the ionized CryoBan can absorb heat with terrifying efficiency, potentially inflicting a deep, penetrating cold that can snap freeze molecules down to ultracold temperatures. This can render both organic and inorganic materials brittle, making them vulnerable to shattering.
  • High Fidelity - Possessing a number of vision modules which allow the user to perceive her surroundings in a wide range of environmental conditions and according to the demands of the situation, the optical implant can be adapted to see in a variety of visual frequencies and spectrums, making them extremely perceptive, with a degree of anti-stealth capabilities.
  • Flash Burn - The cybernetic eye possesses a polarizing membrane to protect against bright flashes and to allow it to retain vision capabilities when the beam is being discharged.
WEAKNESSES
  • Exposed Components - Inserting a new CryoBan cell into the FAE/I-06 requires the user to essentially open up their neck. While this does not outright require cybersurgery and can be done fairly quickly since the cybernetic comes with an access panel that is installed in the neck (and generally covered with synthskin), reloading can expose vital components and even the user’s blood vessels.
  • Mechu-deru - Unlike Cryokinesis, the FAE/I-06 is susceptible to Mechu-deru and other technology-corrupting powers. A talented practitioner of such esoteric sorceries could induce a failure that might compromise the implant entirely or demand precious time to fix, leaving the user vulnerable.
DESCRIPTION
The FAE/I-06 Optical CryoBan Beam Projector Implant is a weaponized cybernetic eye developed and manufactured by First United Astral Engineering. Like its sister design (FAE/I-05 CryoBan Projector Implant) the FAE/I-06 is a cryogenic weapon that deals damage by snap freezing targets. However, the FAE/I-06 has fundamental differences in its operation, the most notable being that it projects CryoBan directly from a cybernetic eye, rather than from the palm of the user’s hand. In this, the CryoBan is sheathed within an electromagnetic containment field that is designed to collapse on impact, thereby releasing its payload of ionized CryoBan. The consequences for stricken organics can range the gamut from frozen blood vessels, ischemia, severe nerve damage, and yet more. In addition, rather than firing a jet, the FAE/I-06 fires a sustained, continuous beam that lasts for 0.5 seconds per single discharge.

However, the FAE/I-06 is not only a weapon, but is also a capable sensor platform that enhances the user’s vision and the depth of their optical perception, allowing her to see into the electromagnetic spectrum.

All in all, the FAE/I-06 represents First United Astral Engineering’s continued desire to hone and perfect weaponized cybernetics, while also creating cybernetics for different applications.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom