Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech FAE/I-05 CryoBan Projector Implant

Status
Not open for further replies.
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: First United Astral Engineering
  • Affiliation:
  • Market Status: Closed-Market
  • Model: FAE/I-05 CryoBan Projector Implant
  • Modularity: Yes
    • Systems may be stripped as needed or desired
    • Can be configured for installation in droids
    • Various settings and programming alterations
    • Projector placement
  • Production: Semi-Unique
  • Material:
    • CryoBan Projector Components
    • Internal Circuitry and Electronics
    • Ostrine
    • Duraplast
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Arm Implant Cybernetic CryoBan Projector
  • Size: Average
  • Weight: Average
  • Muzzle Velocity: 320 m/s
  • Ammunition Type: CryoBan Cell
  • Ammunition Capacity: Average - 25 Bursts
  • Effective Range: Personal - 25 Meters
  • Rate of Fire: High - 120 Bursts per Minute
  • Damage Output: Extreme
  • Recoil: Average
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Data and Information Security
  • Targeting Computer
    • Holographic HUD Display - If Applicable
    • Adjustable Angle, Cone, and Spread of Discharge
  • Control Systems
    • Neural Link
    • Universal Interfacing, Uplink, and Networking Capability
    • Power Setting Modulation System - High Power, Low Power, Etc.
  • Power and Discharge Systems
    • Pure Rylith Power Cell
    • Kinetite Motivator - Motivator converts energy from the rylith power cell into kinetic energy, which is then stored as a kinetite charge. This charge is used to expel the CryoBan from the projector in a jet.
    • CryoBan Jet Projector - Typically the Palm or Fingertips of a Hand
  • Utility and Safety Features
STRENGTHS
  • Freeze Jet - Unlike most CryoBan weapons, the FAE/I-05 is very much a lethal option. Operating on a fundamentally different process from carbonite, the dense, ultra-compressed, half-second-long jet of CryoBan fired by the projector can absorb heat with terrifying efficiency, potentially inflicting a deep, penetrating cold that can snap freeze molecules down to ultracold temperatures. This can render both organic and inorganic materials brittle, making them vulnerable to shattering.
  • High Freeze Rate - The FAE/I-05 has a high rate of fire, allowing the user to pump out bursts rather quickly.
WEAKNESSES
  • Exposed Components - Inserting a new CryoBan cell into the FAE/I-05 requires the user to essentially open up their arm. While this does not outright require cybersurgery and can be done fairly quickly since the cybernetic comes with an access panel that is installed in the arm (and generally covered with synthskin), reloading can expose vital components and even the user’s blood vessels.
  • Range - The jet of CryoBan loses its cohesion after 25 meters, giving the weapon a fairly short effective range.
  • Mechu-deru - Unlike Cryokinesis, the FAE/I-05 is susceptible to Mechu-deru and other technology-corrupting powers. A talented practitioner of such esoteric sorceries could induce a failure that might compromise the implant entirely or demand precious time to fix, leaving the user vulnerable.
DESCRIPTION
FAE/I-05 CryoBan Projector Implant is a cryogenic cybernetic weapon system which utilizes a rather simple, yet potent method of operation. In this, the FAE/I-05 shoots a dense, half-second-long jet (representing a single burst) of CryoBan out to a distance of 25 meters, which is capable of snap freezing objects and people on contact. Unlike many other CryoBan weapons, the extreme density of the CryoBan discharged makes the FAE/I-05 a lethal option, capable of absorbing heat with horrific speed and potential lethality. In this, the consequences for organics can range the gamut from frozen blood vessels, ischemia, severe nerve damage, and yet more.

All in all, the FAE/I-05 represents one of the first implementations of CryoBan weaponry in cybernetics, giving its user a lethally cold option to wield against their enemies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom