Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech FAE/A-03 Repulsor Craft Riding Suit

Status
Not open for further replies.
BDjiefL.jpg
teR79cr.jpg
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: First United Astral Engineering
  • Affiliation: Agents of Chaos, First United Astral Engineering, and Closed-Market
  • Model: FAE/A-03 Repulsor Craft Riding Suit
  • Modularity: Yes; Helmet and life support systems can be modified to accommodate nearly all known species. Force mask may be removed or deactivated to accommodate a Force-sensitive operator. Various Aesthetic Modifications. Optional Undersuit.
  • Production: Minor
  • Material: Synth-Leather, Spacers Leather, Viscoelastic Protection Materials, Various non-Newtonian Gels, Crash Helmet Components, Gammaplast, Armorweave, Carbon Fiber, Synthcloth, Synthatex, Glasteel, Duraplast, Faraday Cage/Anti-EMP Surrounding Electronics, and Ion Mesh Construction
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Repulsor Craft Riding Suit
  • Weight: Very Light
  • Resistances:
    • Energy: Very High
    • Kinetic: Very High
    • Lightsabers: High
    • Acids/Corrosives: None
    • Disruptors: None
    • Sonic: Very High
    • EMP/Ion/Electronic Disruption: Very High
    • Pressure/Gravitational Force/G-Force: Very High
    • Mechu-deru: None
    • Extreme Cold (Weaponized): None
SPECIAL FEATURES
STRENGTHS
  • 5-Star Safety Rating: While speeder and swoop bike piloting would always be a dangerous activity, especially in the context of high-intensity combat, the FAE/A-03 makes the activity considerably safer due to a fusion of advanced and “ancient” safety technologies, enhanced by suite of intelligent data-brains. While speeder and swoop bike riding is still dangerous and death-defying, even with the suit, the FAE/A-03 takes a considerable amount of edge from the activity.
  • Neural Interface: The FAE/A-03’s neural interface grants the wearer an unparalleled level of control over the functions of the suit and the functions of their craft, provided that it has the necessary software to communicate with the suit. In essence, the interface allows the wearer to control their craft to nigh-instantaneous and decisive effect, affording them a higher degree of reactivity during high-intensity combat.
  • Field Disruption: The FAE/A-03’s field disruption system projects a disruptive energy field which allows the wearer to slip under most forms of shielding.
WEAKNESSES
  • Charge Back: Absorptive types of shielding, such as Molecular or similar types of absorptive shielding, are capable of resisting the field disruption module, preventing the wearer from filtering through in the process. More aggressive types of reactive shields, such as Xythan Force shields, may absorb the "disruptive energy fields" projected by the field disruption module and discharge them back at the suit's wearer.
  • Mechanical Mutation: Given the degree of advanced technology and automation implemented into the suit, the FAE/A-03 is quite vulnerable to malicious influence from a skilled practitioner of mechu-deru, provided that they have a clear line of sight to the suit.
DESCRIPTION
Conceived as a specially designed protective suit for speeder and swoop pilots, the FAE/A-03 was widely considered to be one of the most difficult suit and armor designs taken on by the engineers due to the need to integrate a number of critical protection and utility technologies, for both combat, crash survival, and the demands of high-intensity repulsor bike craft piloting. In doing so, the engineers utilized technologies incorporated in a previously designed flight suit for protection from G-forces, various anti-Ion/EMP technologies to ensure that the suit retained systems integrity under prolonged Ion/EMP stress, and a number of data-brain governed systems designed to protect the rider in the event of a high-speed crash.

The suit incorporates a number of governing data-brains which link directly to the neural interface, the suit’s electronics, and the host repulsor craft’s electronics to detect when the deployment of its various safety features are necessary to protect the rider and when they are not. In doing so, the suit avoids the common pitfalls of more outdated protective riding suits, which were forced to balance protective value with practicality due to the lack of smart technologies. One particular example is the suit’s integrated neck brace, which will harden at certain points during a crash in order to protect the wearer’s neck, while also remaining flexible when not in use.

The suit’s engineers also incorporated a number of technologies designed to increase the awareness and reactivity of the pilot. These include a neural interface which plays a key role in the function of a number of systems, including the reactive polymers which act to enhance the wearer’s strength, allowing them to more easily control powerful swoop and speeder craft.

Finally, as one of the few combat-oriented repulsor bike riding suits on the market, it is an attractive option for bike scouts, speeder bike/swoop aces, military personnel racers, who ride repulsor bike craft on a frequent basis, and even swoop gangers who manage to obtain a suit through either illicit or legitimate means.
SUBMISSION MODIFICATION RECORD
November 10, 2020:

• Changed name to FAE/A-03 Repulsor Craft Riding Suit
  • Manufacturer Changed from Agents of Chaos to First United Astral Engineering
  • Added Antisepsis Field
  • Added Individual Field Disruptor
  • Added De-Icing System
  • Added “Data Brain AI Network”
  • Replaced Betaplast with Gammaplast
  • Added Motion Interface Package
December 5, 2020:
December 7, 2020:
  • Added "Optional Undersuit" in Modularity Section.

Last edited:

Shuklaar Kyrdol

CEO of Breshig War Forge Consolidated
Hello Mellifluous Magenta Mellifluous Magenta , I'm Shuk and I'll be reviewing your submission today.

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
You are actually one point under here, let me know if you'd like to increase a rating or leave it as is.

Otherwise, it looks fine, and I'll be happy to move it on once you've reached a decision. Thanks.

Krass Wyms

Jedi Tech Division
Factory Judge
Alright Mellifluous Magenta Mellifluous Magenta

Now for the field disruptor... I can't approve of it at mass production. it is a catch all for bypassing any and all shields and should be that you didn't think something that powerful should be a strength makes it seem more you were trying to hide it in the submission. The choices going forward are remove it or lower the production quality.

Krass Wyms

Jedi Tech Division
Factory Judge
Mellifluous Magenta Mellifluous Magenta

It is not on the restricted list because when it has been used it is in moderation. There are no real limitations to it in legends as it was only given a brief description even in the guide books. While I am for pushing things you have a powerful thing that has no established limits and is able to bypass all shields. Neither have you balanced it with limitations on its use with the suit. As I said before the choices moving forward are to remove it or lower production.

I wasn't aware of any established precedent of individual field disruptors being used in moderation. If you could direct me to such an example please, that would be most helpful. That said, as far as I am aware, the factory does not "base judgments on precedents or the approval of prior submissions.".

I have added a strength and a weakness to flesh out the capabilities of the individual field disruptor in the suit, though I feel that they didn't exactly need to be put in written form. There's enough information on the Wookieepedia to infer the limitations and advantages of field disruption technology against different types of shielding.

Krass Wyms Krass Wyms

Krass Wyms

Jedi Tech Division
Factory Judge
Mellifluous Magenta Mellifluous Magenta

The factory doesn't use precedent it is a case by case basis but it is a strong piece of technology. It is something that has enough ambiguity . I'll use one of the former factory admins and someone who taught people how to use the factory.

Ice Peregrine Field Disrptor
Aurek Gatekeeper

Banzai Drop pods

It is something that has been used in moderation because it is strong. You added limitations which is the first step but as I said the choices are lower production or remove it.

Change Log:
  • Lowered production to Minor.
  • Rebalanced Ratings, added Mechu-deru and Extreme Cold (Weaponized) resistances, set both to None.
  • Boosted Energy resistance to Very High and Lightsaber resistance to High.
  • Added "Secondary Energy Shield Hardpoints".
  • Removed “Energy Weaponry” and “One-Dimensional” weaknesses to reflect rebalanced ratings. Edited “Charge Back” weakness to reflect higher Energy resistance.
  • Added “Mechanical Mutation” weakness.
Krass Wyms Krass Wyms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom