Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Factory Q&A

Taji Nelson

T
Can a Tier I company, rather than having a "fixed" location operate out of a ship or no?

Taji Nelson said:
Can a Tier I company, rather than having a "fixed" location operate out of a ship or no?
I apologize for not answering this sooner - I had fully intended to!

In the past we have had companies with a location/headquarters based out of a ship, and space stations are a thing, so I am leaning towards yes.

If somebody wanted to re-submit something that's already been approved for the sake of updating it with more relevant additions, would that be possible or would you need to do it through the modification pages? I am planning on upgrading a weapon of one of my characters but it will be a rather lengthy one.

How heavily are the factory rules applied for submissions, particularly starships? By that I mean, is it possible to get away with something that typically requires development without having major drawbacks.

For example:
Speed Rating: (The lower the number, the faster the ship. How fast is your ship in normal space? How fast can it take off, how fast can it speed through a planet's atmosphere? Please provide your vessel a Speed Rating on a scale 0-20, with 0 being infinite speed, 1 being crazy fast like the Millenium Falcon and 20 being slower than the Dewback. Typically requires development: Below 1 for a small vessel with a low armament)

If you were to put a speed rating of, say, 0.9, could you get away with it without a dev or having to nerf your ship? Assume the ship does not have any particular strengths or weaknesses, but is rather balanced.

Myles Vylumnar said:
How heavily are the factory rules applied for submissions, particularly starships? By that I mean, is it possible to get away with something that typically requires development without having major drawbacks.

For example:
If you were to put a speed rating of, say, 0.9, could you get away with it without a dev or having to nerf your ship? Assume the ship does not have any particular strengths or weaknesses, but is rather balanced.
The factory is currently closed until we have the removal of development threads ready to be rolled out. Once the factory is open again you will more than likely not see items such as that in the factory. If your ship has 0.9 speed, however, that would be a strength (1 would be a strength, anything under it is extremely exceptional. 1 is not average), if your submission contains strengths which greatly outweigh whatever weaknesses it contains then it is likely not balanced for approval.

Paris said:
If somebody wanted to re-submit something that's already been approved for the sake of updating it with more relevant additions, would that be possible or would you need to do it through the modification pages? I am planning on upgrading a weapon of one of my characters but it will be a rather lengthy one.
If you are looking to make a substantial change to a submission so that it no longer resembles the original submission you will be better off making a new submission. It won't hurt to try making a submission modification request, but keep in mind that the RPJ or Admin who handles that may decide you need a new submission of they feel too much is being changed.

Poe

тнє ναмριяє ℓσя∂
Real quick question for clarification.

If I was to submit and create a wrist mounted mechanism that has spring loaded daggers, would that fall under Armor or Melee Templates?

Satia said:
Real quick question for clarification.

If I was to submit and create a wrist mounted mechanism that has spring loaded daggers, would that fall under Armor or Melee Templates?
If it launches said daggers it would be a ranged weapon, if it's just a switchblade it would be a melee weapon.

I want to enter a submission in the technology section of the factory but where it usually has the button to create a new thread, it says I cannot create a new topic? Why is this and how to I create a new topic.

GW-01 said:
I want to enter a submission in the technology section of the factory but where it usually has the button to create a new thread, it says I cannot create a new topic? Why is this and how to I create a new topic.
It's closed for an unknown time

Valessia Brentioch

V
[member="Cira"]

qvPSuYV.png

Can we still utilized numbers per the older templates, like the above photo or do we have to just write out Average/High? I would prefer to keep using numbers and just write out to the side what that means in terms of the new templates, but I'd like to get the official ruling before I start doing any more work.

[member="Valessia Brentioch"]

Numbers are not accepted on the ratings any more. Please note that speed/man are now also relative to the class of ship, not across all vessels.

Clarification: numerical ratings such as armament: 20. You may still list out the number of guns a ship has in as much detail as you want.

Is it possible that if you own a certain ship, let's say ship X, and you disassemble ship X and take its goodies (special features) and plant them in a new ship, ship Y to make a unique one-of-a-kind ship.

Could that be done right out of the box or?

Hey Factory. I am planning on having one of my characters quest for a Canon item. But I'm not entirely sure if it's existent in this period due to conflicting information. I plan to seek Anakin's sith lightsaber he wielded as Lord Vader, yet....One source tells me it fell down the same chasm as The Emperor, implying destruction. Yet, we have someone who found one of Vader's gauntlets in wreckage from Endor, which implies something like that is still out there. Suggestions / rulings?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom