Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Factory Q&A

Grand Admiral, First Order Central Command
[member="Damien Daemon"]

Tell a complete story. If that takes you 5 5000-word posts, that's probably fine. If that takes you 100 250-word posts, that's probably fine too. The point with the new rules is not to have a set standard, but for larger expansions we'd still like to see effort. Write a storyline you want to write, have some fun with it, and it'll probably be OK.

Damien Daemon said:
Tier 4-5 requires a major project. It used to have an identified number of posts needed. It doesnt now.

Whats the post count to qualify as a major project?
It isn't as much of a post count as a higher expectation on telling a complete story and to show that it is a major project that will expand your business larger than before.

But pretty much consider the amount of work that goes into it in order to achieve it.

Macoda Haberon said:
Hey guys I have had a thread sitting in the pre-factory for about two weeks now. A week ago, I tagged a couple of factory admins asking it to be moved to the technology creation forum for the approval process but it has yet to be moved. Did I do something wrong? This is my first time going through the Pre-factory. If its just a matter of that the factory admins just haven't gotten around to it yet then that's fine! I just don't want it to accidentally get archived as it is nearing two weeks.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
moved.

Rick Kaloo

R
Eddak Manod said:
[member="Rick Kaloo"]

If you noticed on the Factory Standardized Rules, it states Objectives and Examples of Passive and Active Expansions under Company Expansion and Growing in Tier

Passive Company Expansion Objectives

- Attend or host an economic summit
- Defend your company, another company, or a faction from a hostile attack
- Invest in another company or faction
- Train your company's personnel
- Draw up or steal schematics for a new product
- Draw up deals with another corporation or faction
- Provide philanthropic donations, fundraising, or contributions
- Make three mass-produced products in the Factory. (For Tier 2+ and equals to one passive company expansion)
- Make three company operations specific submissions in the Codex. (For Tier 2+ and equals to one passive company expansion)

Active Company Expansion Objectives

- Establish another operation for your company
- Establish a sphere of influence on a planet or in a sector
- Establish or help establish a colony
- Establish or help establish a new location
- Participate in a planet's colonization
- Recruit personnel into your company
- Secure investors for your company
- Train another company or faction's personnel
I see, thanks.

Matreya

[member="Cira"]

Just gonna tag you real quick, as you already were explaining in another thread, but i dont want to deviate in said thread and clutter it.

So, the requirements for tiering up your workshop is:

Do a set of subs for comissions
The aforementioned comission subs

Or

A bigger amount of comissions?

Just clarifying cause i dont wanna go for it again, just to be incorrect in my understanding

[member="Bartic Myth'rand"]

You can just request for the old one to be archived and you can make a new one.

Note: if the owner of the submissions decides to take them and move them to another company, that is his prerogative, as they are the ones who submitted the tech. Manufacturers could be "split", but ultimately, the products belong to the writer who submitted them.

Matreya

I saw it happening, and wanted to clarify one thing about adopting canon companies:

Should a company be archived, is it then automatically up for grabs with only the level down tier stipulation?

Alkin Stunmurk

A
Is there anyway for a workshop to gain additional operations? As my character gets more experienced I was hoping to have him branch out some, but I don't see any way in the rules to do that.

At least with companies you can start subsidiaries.

Poe

тнє ναмριяє ℓσя∂
Ok. I'm TRADEMARKING this idea lol

So I have an idea that needs a question anwsered.

Question: I want to create five droids of different classes for a sole purpose. Can I group all five together in one submission or do I have to do separate submissions?

Spoiler: Wanting to create a set of droids that can combine into one massive war Droid. Think Bruticus, Devastator, Menasor, and Predaking from the Transformers.

Damien Daemon said:
I saw it happening, and wanted to clarify one thing about adopting canon companies:

Should a company be archived, is it then automatically up for grabs with only the level down tier stipulation?
No, it is at the Tier 2 level max.

Marlow Venjuta said:
Ok. I'm TRADEMARKING this idea lol

So I have an idea that needs a question anwsered.

Question: I want to create five droids of different classes for a sole purpose. Can I group all five together in one submission or do I have to do separate submissions?

Spoiler: Wanting to create a set of droids that can combine into one massive war Droid. Think Bruticus, Devastator, Menasor, and Predaking from the Transformers.
It would likely be best to sub them separately. Also, please ensure that they fit the Star Wars genre in concept.

[member="Cira"]

I had an idea for a weapon for Infantry. However, as Lightsabers are at maximum "Semi-Unique" production, would creating something along the lines of a plasma ax of sorts be allowable, or would it violate the rules of the Forum?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom