Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

F-600R Kalidor Strike Fighter

Status
Not open for further replies.
AfrikaFlag.png

image.png

InfoLine.png

InfoLine.png

InfoLine.png

InfoLine.png

InfoLine.png

InfoLine.png

• Faction-Specific: Designed with the operational requirements of the Rimward Rescue Service in mind, the F-600R variant has been equipped with long range anti-piracy, deep space, and interstellar patrol capabilities in mind. Including but not limited to it being upgraded with Block 2 Nakaioma Fleet Systems avionics, improved ion engines, streamlined fuel consumption and smaller twin laser cannons, to take up less physical space and lessen starfighter weight.
  • Fast & Agile: Sacrificing some of its heavier weaponry and on-board protection in exchange for greatly improved speed and manoeuvrability, the F-600R is an incredibly impressive fighter in these regards, capable of outmanoeuvring most of its counterparts with even the most incompetent pilot in its cockpit. Overall weighing less than other Kalidor variants, the F-600R also includes a Rimward Trade League specific mid-life update to maximise aerodynamic performance.
InfoLine.png

• Beware of Dragons: The notable downside to the F-600R's increased speed and manoeuvrability is its lack of offensive and defensive capacity in its baseline configuration. Though still capable of being modified in the event that heavier weapons, or increased protection is needed, this will undoubtedly lead to a widespread decline in performance for the starfighter, which has largely been designed with pirates, terrorists, mercenaries and other spaceborne criminal elements in mind, as opposed to capital ships and star destroyers.
InfoLine.png

The Osato Aerospace F-600R Kalidor Strike Fighter is an export variant of the F-600 Kalidor series of multirole, twin ion engine, trans-atmospheric starfighters developed jointly between Osato Aerospace and Nakaioma Fleet Systems, intended for the Rimward Rescue Service, the armed services branch of the Rimward Trade League. The manufacturers were contracted to reconfigure their original model to bolster its long-range combat capabilities, maximum deep-space and in-atmosphere operational range, and to overall strengthen its aerodynamic performance and top speed. These requirements were necessitated by the Rimward Rescue Service's unique role in opposition to less-firepower heavy groups such as pirates, smugglers, terrorists and other such criminal entities. Given that it was largely a task of rearranging weapons systems, and a streamlining of its physical components for improved performance, the development life cycle of the F-600R was relatively short, lasting only several months.

Equipped with much of the same avionics as its baseline model, the F-600R differs from its parent in that it has been upgraded with Block 2 avionics from Nakaioma Fleet Systems, including more sophisticated landing, guidance and communication systems. It likewise features Ps29 ion thruster drives, and Pw192 manoeuvring thrusters, lighter and more powerful-- though more expensive-- engines intended to make it a more efficient patrol and interception starfighter, making it particularly lethal towards previously-mentioned criminal elements and any other illegal space, or even ground traffic. While less well-protected, and armed than the fighter it was designed from, the F-600R does maintain the physical hardpoints on its frame to be equipped with heavier-duty firepower in the event it is required, although it has been cautioned by Osato Aerospace that doing so will negatively impact the fighter's other fields of performance. In short, the F-600R retains many of the Kalidor's technological and quality of life positives, while now being well-suited for the tasks demanded of it by its exclusive operators.

Last edited:
HPI AI; Terraris Command
Factory Judge
Saro Nakaioma Saro Nakaioma

This is a very nicely made and detailed submission! However I found two problems:
  • You forgot to add the image source, please fix it.
  • The defence, this is a high rating, not low. Please explain why this is only low, how much the solutions, shields are weaker, less effective than the average.

MANIAC MANIAC Hey.

Edited it to include the image source, though this specific image was made by me (Tracing over the original ofc). That, and the fact that the image source was linked in the original F-600 submission, which itself is linked to this sub was my reasoning for originally not linking it.

Defense-wise, I assumed that the shields would be weaker, and that the low rating would speak for itself. I thought that the shields I listed are more or less standard across most kinds of starfighters and starships, but that the strength of them would vary. If you need me to explicitly state that, I can.

HPI AI; Terraris Command
Factory Judge
Saro Nakaioma Saro Nakaioma

Sorry for the late answer. Tnank you for the editing. You need to link everything everywhere.
This is an 18 metres ship and shields use a lot of energy. Most ships of this size don’t even have shields on average rating, let alone three different ones. Even at a size of 100-200 metres, it is rare to have several different types, those usually use one. So even if these working with lower effectivnes, it will be average and not low. To a ship with this size one is more than enough.

Shuklaar Kyrdol

CEO of Breshig War Forge Consolidated
Saro Nakaioma Saro Nakaioma I'll be taking over this sub from Ingrid L'lerim Ingrid L'lerim . In addition to what's been asked, there's a few more changes that I must ask you to make.

For one, a comprehensive electronic warfare suite like this has no part in a Low defense rating, either modify your rating or please remove this.
Armament: Low
Your weapons listing is not quite clear. Are you saying it caries this entire load plus whatever can be slung on hardpoints, that this can be slung on hardpoints in some fashion? Please elaborate.
Standard Tractor Beam Configuration Package
Please elaborate on what you mean by this.

Shuklaar Kyrdol

Saro Nakaioma Saro Nakaioma Apologies, I missed the notification that you'd gotten back to me.

Armament: Low
This isn't a clarification at all. Please clarify what the fighter is actually capable of carrying into combat at once. As it stands, this is in no way an armament rating that fits a low rating.
I'm reluctant to approve this as a low rating without a clarification that the shield is weaker than usual, even if it's implied. After all, since this is all for clarity's sake, please make that change.

Saro Nakaioma Saro Nakaioma Apologies, I missed the notification that you'd gotten back to me.

This isn't a clarification at all. Please clarify what the fighter is actually capable of carrying into combat at once. As it stands, this is in no way an armament rating that fits a low rating.

I'm reluctant to approve this as a low rating without a clarification that the shield is weaker than usual, even if it's implied. After all, since this is all for clarity's sake, please make that change.
done

Shuklaar Kyrdol

First of all, you have not clarified how many of the above can be taken into battle. This is by no means something that qualifies as 'low' as a weapons rating. I have stated this multiple times yet you refuse to comply.

Look at the factory's metric for weapons selection, wherein a T-65 X-wing as per the Wookiepedia article is considered as having an armament of Average, and kindly lower your weapon count respectively.

Secondly, if you'd like to get pedantic about things, very well. Basic does not clarify that the shields are weaker, just that they have no additional features. As is clearly indicated by the dictionary definition of basic.
Forming an essential foundation or starting point; fundamental.

Specify in clearly language, such as, "Low-strength" or "Low power" shielding.

Now kindly make the changes, and keep the rules in mind in the future. You've been given plenty of time and this is certainly not your first submission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom