Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Exodus - SSC Dominion of Tygara

Nima Tann

Master of Her Own Destiny
"No... no no no... stop!" She said, yet it was too late as the air was filled with more blood. "You know what you have done just now, Taldir?" She said, not as calm as before as her voice was open to emotions as the woman completely gone mad at her and anger could be clearly heard from her voice, instead of even listening to her offer, she just made sure to cause more bloodshed and "murder" the ones that just wanted to protect their families. She wasn't talking about the ones that has attacked them actively in the battlefield, yet the ones in the airport who was just there to keep the ones that they cared safe. Yet there was nothing now, a huge silence in the area after several bolts killing the 'traitors'. Her breaths were getting faster, she was giving up to the sudden anger that has overcome for some reason. This whole scene was familiar, minus the execution part. She got that why the commander rushed like that, yet now she just... she just felt bad for the families left behind. She continued

"Some of the 'traitors' were just normal people who wanted to keep safe their families. You never gave me a chance to explain their actions! You've crushed the hope of the hundred families who wanted a chance to live peacefully. You have just killed their happiness, bring them to safety or leave them here to die with the asteroids, it's the same. You've just fated yourself with more rebellions that's to come, the children who saw what you did, they'll not forget it. If there'll be more bloodshed caused, it's because of YOU and YOUR KARKING ACTIONS!" She didn't get why she was so overreacting to this, yet something just pushed and pushed her to continue. She moved towards her and looked her in the eye directly, acting all dominant. "Go, get a drink and celebrate your victory, go get your healing! Sit on your couch and put your head to the sand and wait until the next rebellion happens. When the children grow up and come for you for your actions today, which they'll definitely do, you'll start to see your fault, but it's going to be so late as they did what you did to their fathers today! I was here to help you... but you didn't want my help. FINE. Damn fine!"

"Don't want my help if that day comes too. The Jedi will know what happened here today." She said, threatening people now? Wow, it wasn't like Nima at all. It was like she had turned into a Sith Lady in a sudden, minus the eyes and corruption. Then, in a sudden she sighed, and then turned to her wolf. "I think we are done here, come on Ice." With a quick turn, she left, and her wolf followed her with confusion in his eyes. She was done with this place, but not with regrets and all. She didn't even wait for the extraction to happen and see everyone go out of this place unharmed. She would love to, but she had nothing to say to the families who lost their members today, and she failed to protect them. Wasn't she a Jedi, why wouldn't she help them? Or why couldn't, it was a better question to ask. Regret wasn't the only thing she felt though, there was a never-going agression. And she had to meditate for it to pass.

[member="Kaida Taldir"] [member="Elayne Saedaris"]

[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"] [member="Coci Heavenshield"] [member="Coryth Elaris"]

Verily, Cora would need a new title soon. Perhaps ‘Chief Machinist’ of the Cadalthor family would suffice, or the more accurate ‘Chief House Pet’ would do!

Lia meanwhile felt the invisible tug, and suddenly her chains were broken and lay on the ground. Looking up she knew she was facing the Destroyer.
Though she was probably apprehensive, probably even afraid, she did not show it.

“I am Lia, formerly of House Vondra.”
A Xioquo prisoner being held off to the side spat before being hustled away.
“I was imprisoned here, soon to be sent back for execution, for defying my family. My sister attempted to murder me…betrayal so I would not be a threat…and when I fought back I accidentally slew her. It was not…my intent. Regardless, my family is bent on revenge. I am not your enemy, but I do not ask for any favours. I ask only that I not be slain or enslaved until I have had a chance to relate my story. I am not like my kin, but how much is something you must decide. I may be able to assist you in your war with information.”

There was no begging or pleading, just straightforward explanation. For one so young it was most unusual.

[member="Eyrecae Alzari"], [member="Abaigeal E'ron"]

Siobhan looked thoughtful as the Xioquo spoke. The story she recounted sounded like a classic tale of infighting inside the noble houses, but there was something about her that felt...different. Unlike her brethren. The more practical side of Siobhan felt that this girl, who seemed so mature for one so young, could be useful to her since she was of noble blood, even though she had been marked for death by her house.

"I won't kill you. You'll be given medical care, clean clothes. Any useful information you can give us in our war against the Xioquo will be appreciated," she cocked her head slightly as she stretched out with the Force to get a reading on the girl. Lia was clearly skilled at masking her presence, but Siobhan was still a Master. "You feel...different than the Xioquo I've slain. Your aura doesn't have the same darkness inside it." Of course, dark and light were relative to a degree.

The sounds of battle died down, but, wondering how Aba was doing and feeling a bit concerned about her, the Countess used the space magic mobile phone system, also known as telepathy, to give her a call. Hopefully the girl would not be unnerved by the voice in her head. If she did not have telepathy, she could respond by using her comm. Aba, it's Sio. Is everything ok? What's your status?

[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"]
“I am different, I reject their beliefs and their views. That is why I was in this state. It may be thought that to help you is betrayal, but truthfully, I have been betrayed so many times by my own family that I do not care what labels are applied to me. It is not without cost to me, of course. Were I possessed of the same capacity for deceit and murder as my sisters and mother I might be ruling my Clan by now.”

She looked around at the wreck and carnage of the battle with a cynical eye.
“Though perhaps that would not have been an advantage, Destroyer,” she added.

Lia closed her eyes, and her mind brushed against Siobhan’s. “I sense…darkness in you, but not to the same extreme as my family. I would not expect otherwise.”
She lowered her mental defences slightly. Her aura, though not one of a pure paragon was certainly more Light than Dark. A Light-Side Xioquo. What was next, kindly Sith?

Cora heard the call. The numbers were better but not great. It was still going to be a hell of a disaster throwing the planet into an impact winter for a good two to three years, maybe even five. Things were going to get a hell of a lot worse before they got better. She sighed softly and waited patiently. It wasn't her place to stick her nose into this beyond what she had.

Cora inclined her head respectfully. "Thank you." She said softly. A slight smile formed on her lips, simply glad she could offer relief to a handful of people who truly needed it. Or at least needed it most in Cora's eyes. She reached out and accepted the tickets from the guard, and headed out of the bunker and back down to the makeshift infirmary.

The first place she headed was to the bedside of the woman she had saved from the fire earlier. Cora gave her a soft smile as the woman looked up to her. Removing a single ticket from the small stack she had, the blonde handed it to her. "For you." She whispered, "May it see you to a better place, a new life away from this hardship." That was Cora's sincere hope.

The blonde then turned searching for the redheaded Priestess. She wanted her help to find those in the ward that needed them most. After all, Cora wanted to make sure they got to the right people.

[member="Tarissa Cadalthor"]

[member="Cora Passek"]

When Cora found Eileithya, the Priestess would be sitting at the bedside of a young Eldorai boy, who had apparently been caught in the crossfire of the brutal civil war that had been raging across Santaissa. Word was that the fighting had come to a close now, but this was small comfort to those who had suffered during it. Her hand touched the forehead of the boy as he fell asleep, and she gently closed the book.

"Sweet dreams, little one. Dream of a place without suffering, of peace and joy. Your mother will be with you," she said softly in Eldarai, though with a touch of sadness, then got up when she heard footsteps. It probably said quite a bit that there was a look of clear relief on her face when she saw the human, though she tried to clamp down on it, giving Cora a hug and a kiss. So many ladies wanted to lock lips with the blonde these days. "There you are, are you alright? What did Cadalthor want?" No, she still did not trust the aristo but Cora seemed fine.

Rumours had been spreading, but she did not want to concern the patients unduly, so she took Cora's arm and led her aside. "There's been rumours about an assassination plot, what happened down there? And is there any word about the asteroid?"

Objective: 2, 3
Allies: The Silver Sanctum | [member="Coryn Raxis"]
Enemies: Xioquo
Gear: Lightsaber | Light Blaster Pistol (light) | Vibroknife | Armored Vest

It hadn't taken long to finish the building, and then Audren was out beyond the boundaries. He'd chosen a spot where the lights from Daer wouldn't silhouette him and make him a target to the Xioquo. While he could respond quickly, being so far out had its drawbacks as well: he could only respond quickly in this direction. Should the attack happen from the other side of the camp, the Sephi would do absolutely no good.

As the last vestiges of the sun crossed the hills, the anticipation started ramping up. There was a fairly even split as to where it originated: those in the camp were anxious and got more so by the minute, while those planning the attack wanted to get it rolling. The swell of emotion wasn't something Audren had heard of, it very nearly began to overwhelm him for the simple fact that he wasn't prepared for it. As a result, he tried to focus his senses in a single direction: forward. And it worked to a degree, while the massive pour of emotions was still present, it wouldn't be more than a minor distraction.

An added benefit of this focus was that he could sense things further away, as long as they were in a particular direction. If he focused his senses straight ahead, then he could just slowly turn to cover a comparatively massive distance. Theoretically, anyways. The Force wasn't limited to sensing sentient life forms, much more was within its reach. As a result Audren could sense all the insects, the plant life, and more. Again, he was able to narrow it down by specifically looking for 'different' occurrences, ones 'larger' or 'brighter' or 'darker' to his senses than the rest.

Partway into his very slow search, the comm bead in his ear beeped and a voice came through informing the watchers that the drones had launched. Some of the refugees had brought toy drones, propeller-driven remote-controlled toys that could operate at a fair height. Some of the engineers had the bright idea to attach infrared cameras to the drones and use them as another line of defense in the darkness. The idea had worked tremendously well at first, allowing the perimeter defenders to stop attacks before they began. Then the Xioquo had started using camouflage. Intentional or otherwise, their concealment methods also blocked heat signatures from picking them up unless the scanners were close. Muzzle flashes though...those they could pick up. Such a defense was reactive rather than proactive however, which was why Audren was out beyond the boundaries.

The sound of someone walking towards him caught his attention. Extending his senses in that direction, he felt the same Jedi presence he had before approaching. Just moments later, Coryn Raxis walked up. No wonder the Padawan had thought of red sands and Orrazerus, that's where he'd first met the human. He was competent at the very least, which reinforced Audren's hopes that they would get through the night without injury. Much to his surprise though, the tattooed human pulled out a sword rather than a blaster or lightsaber. It was difficult to tell in the darkness, but he thought the sword was one of the Valkyri swords. He'd have to move fast to get close enough to do anything.

"Can you feel the anticipation growing?"

12/20

Objective: Aiding wounded and [member="Abaigeal E'ron"]

He turned from the retreating refugees as he heard the catastrophic cacophony of rocks falling. He feared the worst for his ally, but his eyes were met with a welcome sight. [member="Abaigeal E'ron"] stood victorious in her battle with the witch. He approached her as she took a steadying breath.

In response to her question, he placed gloved hands upon the hilts of his twin durasteel blades sheathed at his hips. "You lead, I'll back you up." he spoke, almost melodically, from beneath the mask. She'd set off, and the padawan would follow almost noiselessly.

Elayne on her stretcher just watched the exchange for a moment between Nima and Kaida. She wasn't nearly as hurt, but still enough to need the assistance from the medics. It was unlikely she'd be out of bed and walking well until a good couple of weeks after. It wasn't her place to interject yet.

As Kaida passed out Elayne saw her moment. "Look, kid...." Given Elayne's age, Nima was still a young child in her eyes. "Things here are not like most worlds. It is our world. Our ways. Forgive me for saying this but the Jedi way, doesn't always fly. There isn't always time or room for a kinder method. They knew what the price would be the second they picked up the weapons. Just like my sisters didn't plan to die this morning protecting a civilian convoy, they knew it was a risk. We're just trying to survive here and see it that the most people get off this planet alive. Which means making choices that even we don't like, but it's done because it is necessary and in this case, kinder than the alternative." The alternative being the likely and most painful death when the asteroid impacted the planet and all hell rained down upon their world.

The redhead shook her head, "As barbaric as it might seem to you those people who picked up arms .... Would have only been left here to die. There isn't time for a trial and precious resources will not be wasted on prisoners. This isn't a warm fuzzy place, and there is no time for cuddling the stuffed Ewok. Choices were made. Ain't saying it's right, not saying it's wrong either. Just saying it's not ever as simple as black and white, right or wrong. These people caused more life to be lost, while the rest of us are trying to save who we can. Family or no.... That hardly matters at this point." She gave a shrug but winced for her efforts as she jostled her punctured shoulder too much.

"As for those children, if they happen to have a lucky ticket off this rock, they will know better than to make the mistakes of their parents. Otherwise they are fools and their fate will not be much different in the end." Elayne said coldly. She'd already had more than her fair share of Jedi this day. At this point, personally she wanted to head to the surgery she'd no doubt need and rest. With that she let the medics finally carry her away. It was time to let someone else take charge for a while, and her to rest while she could, for there was much work ahead of them.

[member="Nima Tann"] | [member="Kaida Taldir"]

[member="Nima Tann"], [member="Elayne Saedaris"]

And so Nima exploded, like a star going supernova. In the face of her white-hot anger, Kaida looked...indifferent. There were very things that scared her after having faced Lotek'k. Did she feel bad about what she had done? Yes, to a degree, but she was not about to say that someone who in her eyes was a sanctimonious, holier than thou, ignorant Jedi.

"I couldn't care less about what the Jedi hear, girl. Maybe they should focus on not losing to the Sith instead of sanctimoniously butting their heads in other people's business. Grow up, this isn't a fairy tale," she said icily. No, she was not in a nice mood. She gave Elayne a nod, and then was finally pulled into unconsciousness. The medics carrying her stretcher transported her away and would presumably do the same with Elayne. As Kaida had fallen asleep, she would not see the civilians, whom the Angelii had just saved from a band of terrorists, taking off after having boarded the shuttles. Our two ladies would end up being transported to the Valora's Blade, where expert medical care awaited them. Perhaps a certain short stack of fire would make an appearance.

Far, far away in Elysium, Moira Skaldi received word of two occurences. Firstly, the harvesting operation had been a complete success. Thousands of Eldorai had been captured and would now soon be processed. Facilities would have to be significantly expanded to accommodate such a massive influx of organic materiel.

Secondly, the asteroid had been significantly reduced, apparently by a new weapon the Coalition had developed. Intelligence would have to be devoted towards discovering the details of this device, which was apparently mounted aboard their new prize ship, the Barsen'Thor. Most ironic indeed. Projections indicated that Kaeshana would still be devastated by the collision. The disaster would throw the planet into an impact winter for a good two to three years, maybe even five.

The Eldorai's heavy-handed way of enforcing order had kept the powder keg from exploding, but resentment amongst those left behind would be strong. The festering feelings of hatred, rage and abandonment were something Archangel could exploit. Like it had done on Contruum and Zygerria. Rebellion and chaos would be encouraged, remote settlements would be abducted and processed en masse. Orders were transmitted to initiate full production of the Stecher Drones. That done, she turned her attention back to the entechment project, bringing up the latest reports. It was time to make some serious progress in this field.

Cora waited patiently watching as Eileithya helped the young man into a restful healing sleep. Something he no doubt desperately needed. The blonde warmly embraced the redhead without a second thought. The kiss was returned shortly after. Though it was still a surprising thing to her. Cora hardly expected this kind of attention. It was still .... odd to her.

"I'm fine. It was nothing. She just wanted to thank me for saving the woman I did." Cora said with a shrug.

"As for what happened, that's an entirely different matter. Someone planted a bomb in the room. I don't know.... I sensed something off from the moment I walked in and well ... I did find the thing." Sighing she ran a hand through her hair. "I just happened to have the skills needed to disarm it. Not that it was particularly difficult or challenging. I've seen teens make better bombs than that."

Then of course there was one last thing to cover, well two things. "The asteroid has been reduced by seventy-five percent. It's still going to be a hell of a disaster, but it shouldn't wipe all life from the face of Kaeshana. Also," Cora pulled the remaining tickets from her pocket, "I have these to give away to those who truly need them, here in the infirmary. And if there are any left, I'll see who else I can find that doesn't have one. Can you help me see that they get to the right people. You know them better than, I."

[member="Tarissa Cadalthor"]

[member="Cora Passek"]

Truly, Cora was getting so much attention ever since the Goddess had freed her from the grip of the malevolent, vile demon called Vahri. Perhaps, in her boundless mercy and wisdom, Ashira had decided to turn the prodigal angel into a chick magnet since she had suffered so much. After all, there must be balance in the universe.

Regardless, relief washed over Eileithya's features when she absorbed what Cora had told her. "Thank the Goddess, this is great news," she said, taking a deep breath. Many, many would still die and they would have to leave Kaeshana regardless, but it would not wipe them off the planet. "You're such a sweet woman, Cora, I'm very proud of you. I'll make sure the tickets go to the right people. We have a list of poor Eldorai who've sought refuge in Church shelters outside of here, so if any are left I'll make sure they get there."

Tegaea Alcori

Back to Square One
[member="Tarissa Cadalthor"] [member="Coryth Elaris"]

With the asteroid having rocketed past them, the Barsen’Thor was left to deal with stragglers.
“Sensors identify several dozen fragments at ranges from Mark 8 to Mark 17,” the sensor officer reported.
“They are potential threats. Order batteries to open fire. Aim at the largest ones first, then switch. Deploy some bombers to assist with the longer range objects.”

The Barsen’Thor had many heavy cannons, both regular and long range, and now they lit up the void with flashes of light, aiming for the illusive rocks. Strictly it wasn’t necessary, but it was good to keep the crew busy and firing against a target they could actually hurt…even if they were inanimate rocks!

[member="Eyrecae Alzari"]

While waiting for [member="Abaigeal E'ron"] to respond to the message Siobhan had sent over the very plot-convenient telepathic mobile phone, she focused her attention on the Token Good Drow. A light side drow was truly a thing to behold. That said, if she ever encountered something as absurd as a 'Light Side Sith' Siobhan would get murderous.

Because, to be blunt, while it's very narrow-minded, not to mention racist to expect all members of a race to be utterly evil just because the majority are, the idea that someone could be a good person while being a member of a cult whose very philosophy dictated that you be an amoral, social darwinist sociopath is preposterous.

"Destroyer, huh? That's what your people call me?" Siobhan said very smugly. Eyrecae had been right, it would only make her more smug. Then again, Dark Star was extremely arrogant as well, so it worked just fine. "I think we'll get along just fine. You may be just what we need," she added thoughtfully. Like, a possible puppet to put on the throne because indirect rule over colonial subjects was more cost-effective and efficient than assuming direct control yourself.

"Come with, us, let's get you some medical care and clean clothes. Battle's coming to a close." Given the two ladies she had run into, she would not be wearing clothes for long. It had not escaped the Countess' attention that, despite her scars, Lia was very pretty. Regardless, Siobhan picked up her comm and send a quick message to [member="Anya Venari"], informing her about mission progress whilst enquiring about events on Kaeshana, assuming the Queen had heard anything by now.

Coryth currently was in orbit above the planet with a small fleet of ships she'd personally brought with her. There were after all certain perks to having been an Exarch, a small fleet was just part of that. And while she may have resigned, the people of Sullust were still quite loyal to her. If not for her personal sacrifice Sullust might not have survived through the events of Netherworld and the horrors of the Klaxxi.

As for the little redhead herself, she was in the medical bay on board the Valora's blade managing the sick, and injured. There were surgeries to do, and people to save from the disaster while others loaded as many refugees as they could onto her ships.

Soon enough she came upon Elayne and Kaida. Checking both, she only shook her head. Kaida was the worst injured out of this batch. Which meant she personally would be dealing with the Eldorai's wounds, while Elayne would be handled by others. "You know my dear Kaida, we have to stop meeting like this. This is not the way I want to get you out of your clothing. Not at all." With that said Coryth drug the woman off to the operating room, with some manner of luck she'd come out mostly intact.

[member="Kaida Taldir"]

[member="Coryth Elaris"]

And so after all the murder and slaughter on Kaeshana, Kaida finally got to have a reunion with her beautiful girlfriend, with whom she had frankly not been spending nearly enough time. Alas, the frost elf was sort of unconscious at this point, so she could not make a 'witty' reply to Coryth's snarky comment. Then again, Kaida was not particularly witty. Or good at small talk. Well, she had othe qualities. In any case, assuredly she and Elayne would now be in good hands.

[member="Ryn'Dhal"] | [member="Siobhan Kerrigan"]

She was about to move when Sio contacted her. Sio, are you alright? I am fine .. just had to deal with 'something'. I have a young Padawan with me, he has evacuated the wounded from the area but ..

Blaster bolts began to rain around them once more, a small group that had been standing back decided it was time to enter the fight. "Don't worry about my back Padawan Ryn'Dhal, it is my front that needs attention". She engaged her saber once more, deflecting bolts as they came dangerously close to them.

"Could use some help here". she added, the cheeky girl. "Take the right hand side .. I will go left". she said moving quickly before finding some cover behind one of the fallen rocks. Abaigeal gathered her breath, and took a moment to gain some energy as the previous fight had depleted her force energy somewhat. She poked her head up to see what was going on. There was not many of them, nothing the two could not handle together.

[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"] [member="Coryth Elaris"] [member="Abaigeal E'ron"]

Lia looked gravely at the scene. “Yes, it has very much come to a conclusion,” she said. Taking a few experimental steps she came upon the body of one of the Priestesses who had taken a buckshot round to the body.
Seemingly unfazed by the offal, Lia reached into the dead woman’s robe and pulled out a small golden pendant, the chain broken, and rose.
“Vari’Sontra felt this would look better around her neck than mine, so she took it off me when I was imprisoned. I am glad it is undamaged, it is something precious for me. It is a protective ward…but clearly Vari did not benefit from it. Come, let us go.”

As they left the caverns Lia looked at the ruin. “We call you that, yes. The Council of Ten are afraid. Now only the Underealm remains, and every fleet and army sent against you has been shattered. My people will not surrender, but I hope for the sake of those in the lower castes that you do not exterminate us all. Too long my people have lived in the darkness and listened to counsels of hate. It is desperation, it is fear, without constant war and raiding there is not enough food. Now the Council faces defeat from outside and discontent from inside.”

Lia exited into the somewhat brighter light of the outer cave and winced slightly. Then she saw the dead Kraken and shook her head.
“Truly, our people are no match for you. Three hundred years it took to capture and train a Nezani for war. The pride of a house, to have one, but I know of only three. Now one is dead…your technology is far beyond us. I hope beyond hope that there is a path to peace which does not involve more blood, but I fear it will not be so.”

Eyrecae watched the whole monologue with a puzzled expression.
“I…helped kill it too,” she put in.

Lia merely gave her a sombre nod and patted her on her armoured shoulder. “You are a mighty warrior, and worthy of much acclaim.”

Eyrecae stared at the Xioquo before realising it wasn’t sarcasm. She just shrugged at Siobhan. “I’ll take her back to the boat if you want to finish up here.”

[member="Abaigeal E'ron"], [member="Eyrecae Alzari"], [member="Coryth Elaris"]

Good work. We got what we came for and are pulling out. Pass on to the healers that plenty of former slaves are coming their way. Many will need medical attention, Siobhan responded to Aba, feeling proud of her. Little did she know about certain 'extracurricular activities' Aba would undertake that would make her feel the exact opposite, but that was a story for another time!

"I don't want to exterminate your people, Lia. I will conquer Underealm, I will defeat what's left of their army and destroy their leaders, but I'm not gonna commit genocide. I want to bring change to them. Any information you can give me, about weaknesses, about Xioquo who might break with the old order, can aid in reducing bloodshed," she said softly.

They passed the body of the dead squid, along with countless Xioquo corpses. By now fighting had come to an end, freed slaves were being led out of the caves towards the boats. The brief dialogue between Siobhan and Eyrecae made her chuckle, then she gave the Dark Star a nod. "I'll be leaving now. Gave Anya a call. Sure she'll want to hear about our new friend." The one light side drow!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom