Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Exodus - SSC Dominion of Tygara

[member="Anya Venari"]

Anya was such a massive troll. Clearly she needed a good spanking. "Fine, queendom. Or whatever it's called. And any manling will know his place. Under me," Siobhan declared, then flushed a bit since she realised there was a kid in the room!

She made a note to change Firemane's laws so that no man could ever become CEO. It would remain an ultrafeminist dictatorship as long as she had anything to say about it. "Uh, right, moving on. I'll have to discuss things with Tegs, but I'd accept the position. Thanks for your trust," she said cheerfully. Clearly the prospect of promotion had improved her mood after all the talk about equal rights for obviously inferior manlings had soured it a bit. "Hmm. I assume Tegs will be getting the same title as well, won't she?" Tegaea was far less fixated on titles than Siobhan, but her wifey did not want her to be left out.

Anya Venari

Star Queen Tirathana VII
[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"]
“Of course it is for you both! She has assisted us just like you in this terrible time. Besides, I wouldn’t want to be responsible for title envy in your married life!” Anya said with a chuckle.

“You may do as you wish in your realm…so long as it doesn’t break the laws. And try at least pretend to interview males for roles too. The Masculine Anti-Descrimination-League has been nagging at me, complaining about the disparity in earnings and how they’re relegated to menial jobs like secretary and hairdresser.”

She whistled and her nanny appeared again and took Ariane from her. The little girl wasn’t happy about being taken from her mother and started to tear up.
“Shh…it’s alright, Ari. Mummy will be back soon,” Anya said softly, kissing her daughter.

She turned to Siobhan. “Would you like to join me for a drink? I could do with even an hour to relax and unwind. It’s been a bad day…and I suspect it will not get any better when Zero Day comes.”

[member="Anya Venari"]

Siobhan sighed theatralically. She thought menial jobs were perfectly adequate for manlings! Besides, being her hairdresser or a member of her harem was an honour, but she did not want to argue with Anya. "Alright, dear. I'll try to be...a bit less discriminating just for you," she said finally. The things she did for Anya. Then again, she was very fond of her friend, despite the fact that in many ways they were opposites. Odd couple seemed to apply to many of Siobhan's friendship.

The nanny came and picked little Ariane up, who needed some comforting from her mother. Siobhan gave the little girl a gentle smile and stroked her hair fondly. "Mummy'll be back soon, angel. We both love you lots," she spoke sweetly, then looked back at Anya, giving her a nod. "I'd love to, dear. I can give you a massage if you like," she offered. Whether this would lead to a fade to black scene or not was another question, but if Anya did not want that, she would not push.

Anya Venari

Star Queen Tirathana VII
[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"]
And so the two went to relax and unwind, possibly with fade-to-black, perhaps not.

Meanwhile Lia was having her first introduction to modern amenties.
As Eyrecae entered the room she acted like the hotel concierge.
“So, this is your room!” she declared, gesturing at it. “See this nob here, push it, and the lights turn off.”
Lia, who had been squinting in the relatively bright light, did so. Now with only a couple of lamps it was much more like her stygian home.
“So, see this thing on the wall here? This is the number 1 – press it 3 times and you’ll be able to magically talk to someone else!”
Lia examined the communicator gravely. “That is very useful,” she finally said.
“You bet it is! Now, we’ve got you a room with a view. Press this button and…” Eyrecae said, doing so. The slides raised, showing Tygara below them.
Lia closed her eyes as if suffering from vertigo, nodded. “Thank you.”
Eyrecae showed her the refrigerator, entertainment system and clock, each marvel was examined gravely and politely by Lia. “And the best part coming to the future!” Eyrecae said. She led Lia into the bathroom. “Turn the handle this way for hot, this way for cold water. And this is the toilet…you know, so no more chamber pots or servants or however you did it.”
“I grasp the concept, yes,” Lia replied softly. She went to the shower and turned it on. She very quickly overcame her suspicion and wonder, and got the water right for her. She turned to Eyrecae.
“Thank you for your assistance. I feel I could use some rest now.”
Eyrecae dallied around. “If you need any more help I could…” she hinted.
If Lia noticed her flirting she was ignoring it. “I think I will manage. Thank you.”
Disappointed, Eyrecae went to the door, and after a final look back, closed it. There was a click. Whilst Lia was not exactly a prisoner she was invited to stay in her room…by use of a lock on the door!

Lia waited until the door was closed and burst out laughing. She’d not had much chance to laugh before, but the sheer look of disappointment on Eyrecae’s face was enough to make her embrace her inner troll.

Anya Venari

Star Queen Tirathana VII
Doom had come to Kaeshana.

All the waiting, all the fears and hopes had come to this point. All the help and technology in the galaxy had been unable to prevent this catastrophe, though it had mitigated it somewhat.

Mitigation.

In the end that meant nothing for those left trapped. Sure it meant that not all of them would die at once, but for many a long, lingering death of starvation or deprivation awaited them. There could be no victory in this catastrophe.

As the giant rock got closer the few Eldorai naval ships around fired vainly at it one final time. Turbolasers and warheads impacted like rain on a stone wall. There was nothing that could be done.

And then it happened. So many people had come to Santaissa because that was the hub from where the evacuations were occurring. In that long valley amidst the ruins of once prosperous towns and stripped farms the mass of Eldorai waited vainly for aid which would not come for all of them.

On the last day the Eldorai soldiers and Angelii retreated to their ships and left. When the crowds saw this they went berserk and swarmed the transports. Some soldiers, too slow to get away, were caught and torn apart by the angry mobs.

Soon the people on the ground could see it. First it was a dot visible in the daylight, but growing larger and larger. Some cultists, mad with fear and delusion rose up to proclaim Ashira’s new world order. A time of new redemption was upon them. If it was, it did not occur in the mortal realm.

The next thing those on the ground began to hear was a distant roaring like a hurricane. Those closer to the inner see the burning fireball as it passed over the land throwing down trees and buildings as it passed until it finally impacted.

deep-impact-gif.gif

The impact with the sea was like throwing a boulder into a pond. Waves immediately swept unstoppably across the sea. Where they struck the land was inundated for dozens of kilometres. Buildings, people, forests, all swept away. Many fled, seeking sanctuary in the hills, but to no avail, only those far enough away in the mountains were spared.

tsunami.jpg

The wave penetrated up the river valley, turning the fresh water salty and sweeping away all those along its fringe. When it finally reached Santaissa hours later it was strong enough to inundate and flood all the city streets in tainted water.

This was only the beginning though. Soon the dust thrown up by the impact would start to block out the sun. With the most productive and populated areas flooded it was hard for fresh rescue ships to land. Many had died in the tidal waves and the aftermath, and every day the people got more desperate and more hungry. Those in the most remote areas did the best to start with, but in the towns and cities death and disease were rampant as the survivors of the apocalypse started to tear each other apart….

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom