Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Exodus - SSC Dominion of Tygara

[member="Tempest"]

Judah paused a moment. He didn't expect help from the Queen.In fact, he expected the quite opposite. All of his other dealings with the space elves were....less than pleasant. Perhaps when a meteor was bearing down on a planet it made one rethink their attitudes. Their old ways.

"Thank you for the offer. The orphans will be well taken care of, the funds are already set aside.There shouldn't be any monetary problems. I only have one request."

There was a slight pause.

"It would be best not to forget this citizens of Kaeshana. Perhaps some of your class structure will be forgotten with the new."

It should be stated that Elanil for the life of her, could not stand 99.9999999999999% of the galactic population. So what followed was not a reflection on what Elanil thought about Tegaea, but more of what she thought about the majority of people, not smart enough, irritating, bothersome, and subject to stating things that were already quite clear.

"Yes, I am aware. Thank you, for stating the obvious, as if my degrees didn't make it clear enough. None the less, working on the problem." Even the people who happened to be her bosses couldn't entirely escape her rudeness and overall dislike of those she deemed as less than herself. Though she was capable of playing nice with them, if she was so inclined. Unfortunately, now was not one of those times. Not when Elanil was already under far too much stress and pressure, dealing with the asteroid.

As fresh data on the asteroid was handed off to her, the redhead ran a hand through her hair, an attempt to push away some of the stress she felt in that moment. So much relied on her, more than she wanted to ever have to deal with. A quick once over of the data did leave much to be desired. Things were getting harder now. While they'd blown away a fair bit of the softer materials, they were nearly down to the core now. And well if Elanil was being honest she wasn't certain they had time or the energy needed to actually destroy that part of things.

Now the dynamics had changed, and the course for the asteroid wasn't the same as before. It was still barreling towards Kaeshana alright, just on a slightly altered trajectory. Enough so that she could target the northeastern quadrant without worrying about pushing it closer to the planet, without making things worse. "Trajectory has been slightly altered. Target the northeastern quadrant. There's no fissure or anything there to help us, so give it all you've got and with some manner of luck it should remove a large portion of what remains." It was all out of her hands now. Others would have to do their job and do it well if they were going to succeed in this.

[member="Tegaea Alcori"]

(6/20)

It was at this particular moment that Cora felt rather useless. Aside from basic first aid, and assessing injuries, she was next to useless for doing anything about it beyond that. So she stood, her eyes keenly watching Eileithya.

"Surprised....?" Cora really didn't even get to finish that question before an Angelii suddenly entered. That alone got the blonde's attention, looking to the woman, wondering who she was here for. In her day to day life she rarely saw one. And now it seemed the Eldorai was here for her.

Cora cocked her head to the side, curiously. "Yes ... I'm Cora." Though she paused, and blinked once seemingly confused as she glanced to Eileithya, looking for clarity. "She wants me... Why?" Of course this made little sense to her. " I mean .... I'll come to her, I'm just confused as to how she knows me and why she wants to see me." Did word really get around that quickly? Cora hoped not. Few knew she was here, or the circumstances that brought her to Kaeshana. Truthfully the blonde prefered it that way. It made life far less complicated.

[member="Tarissa Cadalthor"]

(7/20)

[member="Cora Passek"], [member="Tegaea Alcori"]
(13)

Eileithya patted Cora on the shoulder. "I would not be surprised if she's convinced herself you're a good luck charm since the Goddess saved you," she said. The healer, who was not a friend of Tarissa's, felt a bit suspicious and uncomfortable, but there were limits of what could be said in the palace. A critical word could so easily be twisted or misconstrued. You should be fine. Tarissa's moods are...tempestuous and she's a violent zealot, but she knows you're a friend of Siobhan's, she broadcast to Cora telepathically.

Whilst the Angelii gestured to Cora to follow and presumably guided her down the corridor towards the bunker, Tarissa was still overseeing matters in the command room. The latest projections had been received. The asteroid had been reduced by half, but was still hurtling towards Kaeshana. The Barsen'Thor had only one shot then it would be unable to impede its progress further. "Have the fleet target any fragments of the rock that plummet towards the planet and blow them to bits," she ordered.

"Already happening. Lady, it is unlikely the asteroid will be fully destroyed or even reduced by more than half. Anything larger than 4km will cause widespread devastation and our projections indicate it will collapse near Santaissa, if not directly on it. Nuclear winter will ensue," one of her aides said carefully.

Tarissa turned away from a computer screen and glowered at the minion. "I am aware. And? Are you nervous, Captain? Fret? Afraid an enormous rock may crash directly into the white palace, tear it asunder and bury us beneath a pile of rubble? Stop being a simpering manling and woman up, for heaven's sake. Many on this planet don't have the luxury of a bunker deep beneath the surface, they are outside helpless in the cold." There were plenty of comings and goings inside the command room, aides and officers were continuously delivering a stream of information, making calculations and such or passing along Tarissa's orders, so no one noticed when one of the staff officers exited the room after leaving behind a briefcase near the long oak table. After all, it was just one of many.

Nima Tann

Master of Her Own Destiny
Allies: Ice, Silver Sanctum and friends, [member="Kaida Taldir"]
4/20 I guess.. :D

"I thought the Jedi were the good people." This sentence played over and over and over in her mind as the battle continued and Nima examined the place now covered in blood and dead, burnt bodies... They were basically killing fathers, mothers, uncles... the people who had family in here and only attacked because they were scared for their lives. She has seen the Order here, a very strict one with a lot of punishments, it could cause a lot of confusion in minds. This didn't need to go all bloody like this, this could be prevented with diplomacy. In children's eyes, they were murdering them, no matter how they wanted to maintain the order by killing them, for their own good. Yet, did they need to kill them to restore the order really? Or, was it easier that way, not ask any questions before starting to kill innocents. Breathe in... breathe out... She continued to Force Push people out of her way who clearly had intentions to kill her. Yet she wouldn't kill them, so she just put them into sleeping stance, not to wake up until all this poodoo solved. What would she say to the families of the people? Oh, I am sorry. I killed them because it was easier that way... No, it wasn't the way.

She started to move with Ice towards the real battle happening. With all the blaster bolt voices and screams of the almost-dead, she continued walking from cover to cover, until finding their leader to put an end to it all. Since this battle wasn't going as planned and they were getting out-numbered, even a newly-attended commander could understand the situation they were in. They were provacators, that's for sure, since no one in the airport could have access to so many weapons. Yet, there were people who were the weapon themselves, she thought that it was a common thing in this people since everybody seemed to have special powers. Even Nima, as a Jedi Master was jealous about it, it would be absolutely cool to control ice or fire. Yet, that wasn't the point right now. So she concentrated back on the situation. Yeah, the battle. Ice was already on his job and on the battlefield. He was vicious towards enemies, so there were no telling that he wouldn't kill them. So many dead people...

"Where is your commander?" She asked to one of the soldiers taking cover behind one of the space-cars. She would guess they belonged to the people inside as well, so they weren't killing their family members only, but damaging their property as well. "She's... I don't know where she is!" She answered, then shot to death afterwards from a big laser appeared suddenly from above, which made her duck quickly and jump towards another cover that has been oddly placed near to the cover she was staying which was burning and about to explode. So, in another cover, she closed her eyes and searched the woman's aura, and searched, and seached. It was a bit difficult to find since so many auras were clashing between dark and light and grey, and the Force was used a lot in ways so it wasn't cooperating. Come on, come on... The commander was the only one who had the authority to put an end to this. She wouldn't want more bloodshed, right?

Even if she wasn't going to do anything about it, she atleast had to try for the children, not to push them into a cruel world in such an age. No, it wasn't the Jedi way. They swore to protect the weak, and it was what she was going to do. So she continued to telephatically try to find the woman, before it's too late.

[member="Kaida Taldir"] [member="Coci Heavenshield"] [member="Elanil Saedaris"] [member="Connor Harrison"]

[member="Nima Tann"] | [member="Kaida Taldir"] | [member="Tempest"]

Location: Santaissa, near the Lion's Gate spaceport - Heading further into the city.
Objective: Kill the traitorous Angelii.

Elayne quickly rose from the Eldorai's body. There were still a few scattered rebels left and the redhead to be frank had enough. Anyone that was willing to attack a refugee convoy, was far from a good person. Especially considering that those refugees were children, families, women, men all unarmed. People who were just trying to follow the law, to get off the planet the right way, all according to the system that had been laid out. She held little sympathy at all for the rebels who had attacked her and the others.

As she glanced around her, there was a familiar presence tugging at her mind. Someone she knew and knew well was out there trying to reach her. The redhead's brow knitted together as she tried to work out the feeling, work out who it was. Coming under fire once more, Elayne ducked for cover behind an overturned speeder and still she had that feeling.

Glancing around the corner, she spied two Eldorai women fleeing the scene, a bit bloody with weapons in hand, familiar armor. Her eyes narrowed instantly. Those were two Angelii. Her lips curled into a sneer, pissed was an understatement. And maybe if she hadn't been so angry at the situation she might have put things together. Just maybe she might have realized she was about to walk into a trap.

When a break in the blaster bolt exchange came, Elayne kept low and darted after them. Two Angelii alone, she could deal with. Sneaking as best she could, the redhead kept her eyes focused on the pair. Getting closer she recognized them both, Ciwel, and Taerel. Those two she had bunked with for about a year. She could hardly forget those times. The good, the great, and the bad all mixed together. Both were promoted and moved on, leaving Elayne behind.

Getting further down the street, Elayne had a growing feeling that something wasn't right. Still, she wanted to make sure neither Ciwel and Taerel escaped after this betrayal. That wasn't something she could let go. And her rage easily overwhelmed the strange feeling that this wasn't right, that something was terribly wrong.

As she herself started down the alley, she moved along slowly keeping to the shadows. Finally the redhead saw an opportunity, and lifted her bolter. A familiar voice came from behind, "I wouldn't do that if I were you Elayne." Ciwel and Taerel spun on their heels to face Elayne.

Míresil, The redhead thought to herself with a grimace, This just keeps getting better. "I always knew you disliked me, but not this much." Turning just enough to be able to view both ways in the alley with her peripheral vision, Elayne suddenly realized how nasty this was about to get.

"Oh come now, it was never personal."

"You made it that way." Elayne said with a roll of her eyes. Already she was drawing on her Sciaa as she felt more beings approaching. "Ruined my chances of promotion, not that I ever really cared about that. I wasn't like you. Throwing everyone under the bus to get what you wanted, regardless of who they were." Elayne shook her head, "Though I never imagined you as a traitor."

"It wasn't like you deserved it anyway, consorting with those .... creatures. What did you expect?" The woman shook her head, before moving on. "Like the Queen didn't betray us, you. And really you make me sound like such the evil queen."

"I expected you to stand by me, like any Angelii would, and do her damn duty. But you couldn't do that. I suppose you'll get yours in the end." With that Elayne finally unleashed her powers downward into the ground, the earth rippling out in response as it raced towards the three former Angelii. With the three suddenly thrown back, it gave Elayne a chance to better position herself. This wasn't a simple fight, and well, the redhead knew, even if she ran now one way or another she was going to have to deal with some of them. It might as well be now.

Before Ciwel could react and climb to her feet, Elayne squeezed the trigger on her bolter. The blonde Eldorai collapsed to the ground in a heap, grey matter splattered across the street. Taerel dealt in lightning and already Elayne was doing her best to ground herself against it. That part of things was not a worry. Míresil was who she worried about, a cryomancer.

Already water in the air was growing heavy, dense crystals wrapped around her limbs making it harder to move. And then of course the biting cold certainly didn't make concentration easy. A massively accelerated icicle tore through her armor and pierced clean through her shoulder. Elayne cried out, doing her best to regain her concentration and ignore the pain.

The ice was growing thicker on her legs, creeping up her body. It was becoming clear she was going to have to deal with that sooner rather than later. Though as electricity finally stuck her in the back, though it felt as no more than a small tickle as it discharged down into the earth below. "Taerel, seriously? Didn't you ever learn that doesn't work with me?" She snapped as she managed to lift some of the stone from the street and hurled them back to the irritating Electromancer behind her. A scream came, and while Elayne didn't have time to check if the woman was dead, she did hear her fall to the ground. Which at least was promising in the redhead's eyes.

Trying to move, to free herself Elayne was getting more and more frustrated, if not outright furious. "So what? You're just going to freeze me to death? There are plenty more inventive ways to kill someone. But you never did have much of an imagination."

It was at that moment she saw another of the traitorous Angelii come to the head of the alley. Feth. This one a pyromancer, that much she remembered. As ice spread across her fingers, the bolter fell from her hand, no longer able to hold it as her fingers ceased to function. At this point, she could see Míresil preparing another attack. Instantly she chose the single course of action she had. With some focus she managed to harden her skin, but by bit turning it into something akin to stone as her face paled and turned grey. Several icicles impacted her armor, piercing it, but doing little more than that as they shattered and fell to the ground.

Her rage starting to boil over, irritated with the ice, Elayne finally managed to draw on her Sciia once more as she forced her powers outwards in a telekinetic blast, shattering the ice and freeing herself as she let go of her stone skin ability. Another Angelii came to the head of the alley, another Cryomancer. Not something Elayne wanted to deal with. Not now. Not with Míresil still in play. Finally having enough, Elayne closed her eyes for a moment as she ripped hard on the infinite strands of power and tore open a hole in the earth beneath Míresil, closing it quickly before the woman could react. Not that she expected her to stay down. Not if the woman was smart, but it bought her time. Precious time.

The two Angelii at the head of the Alley raced forwards, weapons drawn firing already. Elayne barely managed to duck behind a trash dumpster, but not before she felt a bolter round tear through her hip. This was starting to look more and more grim, and Elayne knew it. Especially with at least one more of the traitors out there, approaching.

(8/20)

Cora glared at Eileithya for a moment, "I am no one's' lucky charm." She grumbled, clearly disliking that idea. "Far from a charm. I'm useful and do ... do ... stuff!" The blonde declared loudly before she finally heard Eileithya's telepathic words, which was an odd sensation. If truth be told, it reminded her a little too much of the way Vahri whispered in her mind, while he did his best to make her nothing more than his puppet while he occupied her mind.

I like how you specified that. Should be fine. Should be? No guarantees, eh? Cora shook her head, and sighed as she replied back. Oh boy.... Today just keeps getting more and more interesting. Well I suppose with some luck I should come back in one piece. Be careful and safe. May the Goddess be with you.

Finally Cora shook her head one last time, annoyed quite clearly as she followed behind the Angelii. Nervous eyes darted from side to side as they moved through the corridors to the bunker. Something had her on edge and it wasn't the impending doom of the planet. Not at all. There was something here, something more immediate and that was enough to set paranoid Cora off.

Coming down into the room, she took a moment to glance to each of the individuals present, and keen ears focused on the words being spoken. Her eyes drifted to the center of those talking and glanced over what could only be Lady Cadalthor. Damn nobles ... She grumbled privately to herself. Never had she particularly liked any Noble, and in her eyes Siobhan and Tegaea did not count. They weren't your everyday noble. They were something else entirely.

Patiently she stood off to the side, waiting to be acknowledged by the woman before speaking. Though now that she was in the bunker, Cora couldn't help but feel that same sensation that something much more dangerous, more imminent was lurking here. Has to be in this room, whatever it is.

(9/20)

(14)
[member="Elayne Saedaris"], [member="Nima Tann"], [member="Valiens Nantaris"], [member="Tempest"]
Objective: Mercilessly exterminate all traitors.

As a matter of fact everything was going the way the loyalists wanted. It was the rebels who were outnumbered and now largely found themselves encircled as assault walkers arrived, their heavy footfalls enough to seemingly make the earth shake. Many rebels fought to the last out of desperation as the loyalist Angelii charged, others threw away their weapons in surrender and were captured, though they must have known that there would be no mercy.

For soon enough they were put up against the wall and shot dead, if the loyalists did not just hew them down with the sarix after capturing them. Thus was the price for treason. Putting them on trial when the planet faced an imminent apocalypse would be absurd. Gunships swept through the sky, providing air cover and mowing down the last pockets of resistance.

And where was Kaida? Well, as a matter of fact she was not with the main group at this point. One of her officers had taken over there. There were still scattered rebels out there and she did not intend to let them survive. Moreover, she had heard gunfire in the distance and cries of pain, felt what she believed to be a familiar Force Signature. As much as Kaida at times found Elayne far too snarky and unruly for her own good, she was still her slave...err, Angelii! Focusing intently, after having pulled out the bullet in her leg with telekinesis and frozen her wound, the Seraph drew upon the Force and wrapped her body in a cloak of light as it were. Bending light itself around her to cover her body and to organic beings, she literally vanished from sight as she got closer to the area of the disturbance.

So it came to pass that she appeared just after Elayne had sought cover behind a trash dumpster and been shot through the hip. Two traitor Angelii charging her, two others seemed to be momentarily out of the game, though for how long Kaida could not determine. There were not ordinary rebels, they were former battle sisters of hers, which made their crimes even worse. They would die.

They had perhaps a split-second to realise what was happening when Kaida suddenly dropped the cloak and in the same moment a telekinetic blast rippled from her being and swept towards the traitors.Then she squeezed the trigger of her Mark One Bolter and fired. The sharp crack of the gun was matched by the percussive crump of an explosion a second later.

Both traitors were thrust back hard as the bone-crushing blast impacted upon them, and the pyromancer was gunned down by the bolter, though she lived long enough to send a jet of fire towards Kaida. Willing the pain inside her body to be ignored, the Seraph dived to the side and dissipated the flame with her own power, then fired again.

However, her second opponent was made of sterner stuff and, on top of that, a cryomancer as well! Through her will the molecules in the air were manipulated, the temperature dropped rapidly and a wall of sheer ice blossomed to life, shielding her as the rounds impacted, for she was skilled at barriers. Now that Kaida could get a good look at the woman, she recognised her. Her name was Tiayth Ilir.

"I remember teaching you that trick, Taldir. I expected you to be on the side of the common people, not the one percent who abandoned your sister. But I suppose being the pet of the puppet Queen and of a Yedai corrupted you," the traitor Angelii spoke hatefully, though there was also a strong note of sadness in her voice.

"I don't have anything to say to traitors." Kaida ceased firing as she concluded it was ineffective, then braced herself when ripples resonated through the Force. As a matter of fact she braced herself just about quickly enough because Tiayth advanced the ice wall like a massive battering ram with all force and velocity of a speeder collision. Gauntleted hand curled into a fist Kaida drove it forward, smashing into the wall with her will as if she were an icebreaker. A protective bubble sprang to life around her as the broken wall crashed against it. As the ice broke, water swept across the ground in droves.

"Not even to old friends? I took you under my wing when you returned to the Angelii, when many thought you were unfit to join us. We fought together at Gehenna, at Sullust. For what? The puppet Queen and that Kerrigan queen are leaving everyone except puppets behind. You used to have a mind of your own. Now look at you, you're just an automaton. You may as well be dead," Ice spikes, ice spikes everywhere! Rage washed over Kaida like a tidal wave and she lashed out with a stream of very sharp, super fast ice spikes that seemingly manifested out of thin air and shot towards Tiayth with something almost equal to a railgun shot - in the same moment as the rebel let loose her own salvoe of icy projectiles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxiCRFpi_TA​

The result? Well, it looked sort of like that. Both were weaving and dodging through the hailstorm of almost weightless, but massively accelerated projectiles that came shooting through the air. Time seemed to slow for Kaida as she pushed her body beyond its limits, using the Force to give strength to her increasingly tired muscles. A stab of pain shot through her leg at the exertion. A reminder that her body was aching...she ignored it. An ice spike shot past her face so closely it almost touched it. If only she could get closer at her opponent, for she had the impression that they would only stalemate themselves in a purely cryomantic duel....

Just as Kaida was about to launch herself at her, there were ripples in the Force...too late for her to shield herself though. The third Angelii was back in the game and, unfortunately for Kaida, she was an electromancer. Inferior to her in power, but Kaida was worn from past battles and her focus was split.

In the same moment as she weaved through the volley of ice spikes, a blast of lightning shot her way and, reacting just about quickly enough, Kaida lifted a dead Angelii, letting her armour absorb the lightning. However, as she sent the body flying towards her opponent a massively accelerated ice spike tore through her battered armour and pierced clean through her abdomen. Kaida cried out, doing her best to maintain concentration and ignore the pain, but before she could do anything bolts of blue lightning electrocuted her and she fell to the ground.

The electromancer approached her, blasting away with electricity, while at the same time the water in the air was growing heavier, dense crystals wrapping around her legs making it harder to move. If Tiayth had tried to fully encase her with ice, that might have ironically worked as a shield and in any case been counterproductive because you could not freeze a cryomancer to death. However, she was only summoning ice to immobilise her legs, leavng her helpless aganst the electrical judgement. With every movement she made the binds seemed to tighten, until they were like phrik chains. Her legs felt sluggish and weak, unable to affect anything. Their efficient teamwork would have made Kaida proud if it had not hurt so much.

Pain, so much pain flooded her. Her wounds from the earlier battle had been barely healed, now they were made themselves known once again. Aching muscle, pain at being forced to fight her battle sisters...she caught herself. It did not matter. They were traitors and would die.

The lightning cascading across her chest was like a baptism. Ignoring whatever words the traitors might be speaking, she finally managed to draw upon her Sciia and violently lashed out, breaking the ice. But she was not done yet, for the pieces of ice along with all the pool of water around her was shot towards the electromancer.

Cries of pain were heard as the rebel suddenly realised what it fel like to electrocute yourself...and unlike Kaida she was less experienced at tanking it. A telekinetic hail of debris was tossed towards Tiayath, who batted away most of it, but then as she retorted with bolter fire, Kaida suddenly vanished from sight completely as she bent the light around her to render herself invisible. Clearly enraged Tiyath let loose with an omnidirectional blast of telekinesis.

Kaida caught the edge of the blast, but could just about maintain her cloak. Pain did not matter, though the strain was strong. Soon she was behind Tiyath, yellow lightsabre sweeping down in a blaze of justice and pure wroth. Perhaps it was luck, or perhaps her technique was not refined enough, but Tiyath seemed to sense something.

With Kaida coming from behind at a speed enhanced by the Force, all she could do was dive to the side and roll to her feet. However, pain shot through her as the lightsabre sliced through her back, causing a momentary distraction long enough for Kaida to exploit by ramming her Taegis shield into her, smashing her opponent into the ground, head-first.

A horrible pressure was exerted upon Kaida's lung as terrible power suddenly came crunching down upon it...ouch. Breathing became difficult and painful, but Kaida was simply too enraged and pumped up with adrenaline to bother about the agony, even though the heavy shield crumpled to the ground. Quickly she was upon Tiayth, but rather than end it quickly she rammed her ice-covered fist into the woman's masked face. "That's for the Eldorai you killed...that's for betraying your battle sisters." The cold in her body had been intensified to the point where it could shatter metal and so the visor broke. Then she punched her again and again, Tiayth vainly tried to kick her off but Kaida held her down before she finally broke her neck.

[member="Ryn'Dhal"] | [member="Siobhan Kerrigan"]

Objective 3.
Cave System
Protect the Healer while he heals.

As soon as Ryn'Dhal arrived, Abaigeal took defensive stance. Her saber held before her with a two handed grip. "Over there we have wounded, but we need to get them to a more secure location. This cave could collapse at any moment". Especially if Sio was about, who knew!

Smaller groups of the Xioquo, concentrated fire on her and the wounded, slinging their primitive arsonal toward them. Abaigeal did not find this difficult to defend against, a combination of TK and saber deflective took care of that. But something was felt through the force, a sense of immediate danger but it was unclear to her from what direction. She needed to focus more on her surroundings, she sensed Sio .. and turning in her direction, noticed the most extraordinary creature. Abaigeal did not know what this creature was but it is large and very .. hungry.

She was torn between going to Sio aid or remaining with the Padawan. But Sio is more than capable of protecting herself, so she would remain and assist in helping the wounded and Padawan Ryn'Dhal.

"As soon as we can move them the better", she threw the comment over her shoulders.

(9)

[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"] [member="Abaigeal E'ron"]
10/20

Eyrecae eyed the Kraken. It was well known that she had a pretty high opinion of herself, but this enemy was probably too big to batter to death with a hammer. And so, reluctantly, she cast around for alternatives, finally spying a Firemane demolitionist.
“I’ll take those,” she said, snatching a belt of thermal detonators and a Mk1 bolter. “Look after this,” she added, ramming the handle of her hammer into the sand.

People were doing things, Siobhan was attacking the Kraken, but Eyrecae wasn’t really paying attention, instead she jogged forward, bolter in hand, APE rounds loaded.
“Hey ugly! Have some of this!” she shouted, firing from the hip as she advanced. The shots weren’t accurate, but with something that sized they didn’t need to be!
The monster tore its gaze away from Siobhan and suddenly tentacles were converging around Eyrecae.
“I’ve seen enough of Sio’s videos to know where this is going,” Eyrecae said.

Two tentacles seized her and pulled her high into the air, hovering over the creature’s maw. Unfortunately, even Eyrecae couldn’t get her arms free to drop the detonators in, and so was drawn into the fanged more. Fortunately for her though, trying to bite Phrik was like a human taking a bite of a steel pipe. The pressure though was incredibly painful, but through it Eyrecae was able to activate the detonators and send them down the creature’s gullet.
Now all she needed to do was get out, and in this she was helped by Siobhan’s attack on the creature, stabbing it with its own tendril and choking it. With all her strength Eyrecae ripped a tooth from the maw and rammed it into the base of the mouth, then leapt free.

There was a rumble, muted, but then louder and louder. Finally, with a gust of flame out of its mouth the Kraken let loose a final, despairing shriek and collapsed. The whole of its stomach and thorax exploded in a wave of unpleasant goo over Eyrecae and the beach. Black smoke coiled from its mouth as the tentacles twitched and stood still.

Eyrecae wandered over to where Siobhan seemed hurt. “Nice job, Kerri-goo!” she said heartily, slapping her on the back, not realising there might be broken bones in there. Where she’d found out about the accursed nickname was anyone’s guess.
“Makes me want breakfast…and also to wash this slime off.”

Anya Venari

Star Queen Tirathana VII
[member="Judah Dashiell"]
11/20

Anya couldn’t help but stifle a sigh at that. “You know, dear boy, I don’t think there’s any danger of forgetting Kaeshana. My people are going to die in great numbers. Despite the sterling efforts of you and so many others, tens of millions will die. If my latest calculations are correct, I might save 20% of my people before impact. Once it strikes, we may save some more, but no matter how it stands over half of the Eldorai race will die in under a standard week. So you can be reassured that I will not forget Kaeshana!”

She did not of course know that the Nova Cannon might well have opened up new possibilities here.

Perhaps thinking she had been too harsh, she sighed again.
“Much will change, Mr Dashiell, some willingly, some unwillingly. I ponder about my mother and all the Queens before her back to Tassaria I over three thousand years ago. How would they react? What would they do in my stead? I came to a depressing conclusion; my mother would have died before accepting aid from outsiders. She never was able to control her disdain for your kind, even though the humans outnumbered and outgunned us she considered them inferior. So whilst my ancestors might lament my giving in to the outsiders, I have done what I can to save the Eldorai race. I suspect that will be my greatest legacy.”

She fell silent, turned aside. “Thank you for your assistance, Judah,” she said, and hit the comm switch.

[member="Cora Passek"]
Santaissa, royal palace.
(15)

Tarissa's attention was taken away from her flurry of reports when finally Cora Passek entered. She could sense through the Force what potential the girl had, for she was shining brightly. The Eldorai aristocrat could not fathom why the Goddess had saved this woman and blessed her, yet by the grace of Ashira she had been liberated from the grip of a malevolent demon.

The Goddess worked in mysterious ways, but her plan was ineffable, so it was not Tarissa's right to question her. There had been a reason behind Cora's salvation. "You are Cora Passek, yes? I have been told you saved one of my people, for that you have my thanks. Goddess be with you," she said, in what was probably her nicest tone. In contrast to many aristos Tarissa was dressed rather simply in robes, at least by the standards of the Eldorai nobility. However, a frown creased her features when she felt like Cora was off-kilter. "Is something wrong?"

Cora offered a soft but grim smile in return. "I am." The blonde then nodded, "I just glad I could be of service." She said quietly, feeling a bit out of place.

And still there was that nagging feeling that something wasn't right. But how Tarissa picked up on that, Cora wasn't too sure. Oh, right .... Must be a forcer. .... If she's a forcer then maybe she can sense it too?

"I'm not sure." She said flatly, as she glanced down the room, looking for a source of trouble. There were plenty of briefcases laying about. "Something isn't right, and it's not the Asteroid. There is something far more imminent. I felt the feeling only grow as I approached this room, and sitting here it only grows stronger still. Something is not right. There's a danger but I can't pin my finger on what it is exactly." She said sadly, wishing that she could have been of more use than that. And saying all of that aloud, only made her feel so strange, so very strange. It all still felt far too much like voodoo to her. A sixth sense that she had yet to adjust to having.

(10/20)

[member="Eyrecae Alzari"], [member="Abaigeal E'ron"]
(16/20)

One almost felt sorry for the massive kraken. Well, almost. Sio's titanic telekinetic power collapsed its lung, the beast let loose a final, despairing shriek born out of agony, then its stomach blew up when it came down with a severe case of thermal detonator-sized belly-ache. Verily, the wave of goo was most unpleasant and foul smeeling. Black smoke coiled from its mouth as the tentacles twitched one last time, then stood still. The tentacle Siobhan had rammed through its eye protruded out of the other side of its skill.

For one moment Siobhan had the moderately amusing thought of keeping the giant carcass around as a trophy, then Eyrecae was so nice to slap her on the back and, unsurprisingly, she was not that good at controlling her strength. Siobhan staggerd, but managed to keep herself from falling because that would have been embarrassing. She righted herself and glowered at the elf. "Don't do that...and don't call me that. Unless you don't want me to tie you up with beskar chains, punish and ravish you thoroughly tonight," she said sternly. Eyrecae was too kinky to torture, so other means were needed to discipline her.

In any case, she quickly focused on actual work again. Xioquo resistance in this area had been broken, the last of the dark elf defenders had either fled or thrown away their arms and surrendered when the massive squid gave up the ghost. "Eyrecae, Sergeant Solveig, both of you take a group each and cleanse the caves, fight your way to the pens and get the slaves out. Watch out for ambushes...and make sure the Qadiri behave." Perhaps it was colonialist arrogance talking, but she had a low opinion of her native allies when it came to discipline. "Get the wounded out of the cave and on the boasts. Aba, good work, dear. Come on," she gave the girl an encouraging pat on the shoulder when she limped over to her.

Orders were passed on to the Qadiri warriors by a translator, though obviously a bit edited. They were ordered to take prisoners if the Xioquo surrendered, not kill or enslave. Siobhan was dubious whether their allies would be so restrained, given the long, bloody history of enmity between the two peoples, but the attempt had to be made. And so the push down into the caves would begin, for the Xioquo 'citadel' was, as it turned out, less a citadel in the conventional sense of the word and more of a series of underground structures, comprising a series of tunnels, chambers, mines and slave pens. Large statues of Xioquo rulers rose into the air, with sacrifical offerings being laid before them.

Xioquo still fought on, muscles belching smoke and lead, but they were little match against bolters and lightsabres. Those that fought on most zealously were the sorceresses amongst the Xioquo, who let loose with elemental powers, but the spirit of many had been broken. Those who fought found their weapons cut in two, or if they were unlucky they found their bodies cleaved asunder, or were blown apart. Xioquo would try and ambush the attackers, but they amidst the roar of bolter rounds and in the cleansing fires of flamethrowers.

However, young Aba would be on the receiving end of some special attention, for out of the shadows one of the surviving sorceresses emerged. She had a Force imbued blade and was strong in the Dark Side, but not a master and probably about Aba's level or maybe a one or two above when it came to power. Siobhan had not noticed, for she was busy leading the charge and had mowed down a large, charging spider. Streams of burning flame leapt from the dark elf's hands and speared towards the apprentice because this writer felt like giving her a duel of some sort.

Task: Objective 2​
Allies: Silver Sanctum
Enemies: None​
Sorrow. Loss. Grief in its purest form.

All things that permeated the air as thick as a cloud of noxious fumes. A people that had been uprooted from their home, their lives, and their legacy - a people that were now forced to forge a new legacy on a new world. The air was thick with a mixture of emotion, and all of these emotions assaulted his consciousness as he navigated his way through the maze of tents and makeshift shelters belonging to the people of Kaeshana. His heart beat for those that had been uprooted from their lives to escape the disaster that threatened their very existence. Coryn was no stranger to loss or grief, but even his own experience could never amount to what he was feeling from the people with him now. Their grief was so profound that he could feel the ripples and shift of currents through the force.

Sapphire eyes trailed along the broken units of families and the children that cried in their mothers and fathers arms. He saw, despite the grief, the affection between families as they were reunited and this affected him the most. He had never had what they had, nor did he think that he ever would truly experience what they felt. But, his heart swelled at the sight of such affection, gladdened for the small measure of comfort that it brought him amidst all the negative amount in the air. Those simple comforts are what allowed him to maintain his grasp on hope.

He passed through the curtained entrance of the command tent, and waited silently until the conversation had ceased, and his opportunity to announce his presence presented itself.

"What did you expect, Dorian? They have been uprooted from their lives, forced to evacuate the very center of their culture, and are now being asked to remain in these poorly defended camps at the mercy of the Xioquo. They have a right to be angry." a tall Eldorai woman spoke, eyes as bright as the new moon and the same color.

"They do have the right to be angry, Kaslyn. But, when that anger is turned towards the Silver Sanctum because we cannot provide them a better measure of safety, it becomes a danger to more than just us. How much longer before they start to turn on one another?" a member of the Silver Sanctum, an Eldorai as well, countered the woman.

"You are right. That is why we are needed more than ever, to show them that unity is their greatest ally in this time of darkness. They must be shown that hope still lives, and that they cannot abandon it. Without hope, there will be no future for the people, no future on Tygara and the memory of Kaeshana will fade. Do what you were sent here to do Dorian, I will take care of the rest." the womans words were gentle, but firm. It was clear that she commanded this particular relief camp.

The man, Dorian, did not argue further, instead brushing past Coryn and out into the thick of the camp. There were those who still needed tending to, and defenses that were still being laid. Now, feeling that it was his turn to speak, he stepped up to the eldorai woman, and cleared his throat softly before speaking. "Coryn Raxis, Jedi Padawan of the Silver Sanctum, here to offer my services to the people of Kaeshana. Where am I needed?"

(17)
[member="Cora Passek"]
Royal palace, Santaissa, Kaeshana.

Tarissa felt the shift as well. Her magical Force senses were not that developed, but spending decades at the court had given her some well-honed danger and self-preservation senses. Her eyes fell upon the human. Was this a sign? Had she perhaps been sent by the Goddess to Tarissa for this very moment?

Questions about whether Cora was blessed by Ashira would have to wait. Her eyes narrowed when her gaze fell upon her aides and officers. Was one of them a traitor? "Sweep the room and search it," she commanded frostily. "And put the palace under lockdown."

Royal palace, Santaissa, Kaeshana.

Cora glanced a bit nervously around the room, trying to pin down the feeling. A part of her wished Vahri was still around. He had a much better grasp on these gifts than she did. For the most part Cora was still trying to sort through the knowledge he imparted her with, and gain some kind of understanding of it.

Well with the palace going on lockdown, Cora wasn't going anywhere. And this whole situation bothered her more than she wanted to admit to. So, Cora did the only thing she could and started to search the room as well. She opened a couple of briefcases and nothing. But she came to a third one and popped it open. There inside was the workings of a lovely bomb, with a countdown timer ticking off the minutes they had left.

Cocking her head to the side, she looked over the design trying to get a feel for it and the maker. "What kind of moron places a countdown timer on a bomb? For the stars' sake you don't want to give your target a clue of how much time is left. Internal timers so much better... if only criminals were smarter." She said quietly, before realizing the room had grown fairly quiet. "Uh ... I mean ....I found our threat."

With that she shook her head, returning to look at the bomb, Also if you know what you are doing there is no need for color coded wires, but I suppose this one was an amateur. Makes my job easier I guess.... Though that was not a thought she voiced aloud. "If someone has a tool kit laying about, or a pair of wire cutters I can deal with this in no time. No pressure... we've got four minutes." Cora said most casually, as if talking about the weather. In her eyes this wasn't a big deal. It'd be over shortly.

All of this might have seemed odd to those around her. Cora's history wasn't well known on Kaeshana and for good reason. No one needed to know about what terrible deeds she'd done in her past, or why she had intimate knowledge of improvised explosives and general bomb building. Though all of this was bound to be questioned when they got out of this mess. For now, she hoped they'd just let it go.

(11/20)

(18)
Royal palace, Santaissa,
Kaeshana.

I see you have plenty of expertise in such things, Tarissa thought to herself after Cora had not only found the bomb, but shown herself to be rather knowledgeable about explosives and assassinations. She would have to interrogate the woman later on. Immediately a ruckus of sorts broke out inside the command bunker. "Lady, you must leave immediately," one of the Angelii urged her, about to take her arm, but Tarissa glowered at her.

"Be quiet. No one leaves this room. No one leave the palace. At most it will blow us all up and we'll meet Ashira. Get the woman what she wants," Tarissa snapped angrily. Her mind was already being flooded with possibilities of who could have placed the bomb. "And if Cennobite Simmona Jamarin leaves the palace, shoot her." Soon enough a minion passed over a pair of wire cutters to Cora.

Royal palace, Santaissa, Kaeshana

Cora glanced up to Tarissa as the Angelii reached for the Eldorai to try and get her to leave the room. Well that's not the reaction I expected. I expected more screaming, running and 'Oh, goddess, oh goddess we're all going to die.' I suppose this is a nice change from the norm. She gave a small shrug pushing the thought away.

Reaching out she took the cutters in hand, and stepped back over to the case. Giving the bomb a once over, she finally lifted the contraption completely from the briefcase and set it out into the light. Breathing in and out calmly as ever, seemingly unrattled Cora pushed out all sound, ignoring everything but what was in front of her. Razor sharp focus came into play as she traced a finger over the wires, making sure there were no surprises or boobytraps laid in the mix. Even an ameture could have a streak of genius sometimes. However, not today. It was as simple as could be.

Gently she slid a finger under the red wire first and brought the wire cutters up. Without hesitation, she snipped it. Nothing happened but the timer still ticked down. Repeating the process she pulled the blue wire up just enough to snip it. Down to the last wire, only now was there a momentary hesitation, lasting a fraction of a second. Finally the blonde snipped the last wire and the timer went dark. Not wasting any time, and not taking chances Cora promptly separated all individual elements on the bomb, with a certain grace that showed she'd clearly done this a time or six.

"I'd like to take this opportunity to say that this is a very poorly designed bomb. Whoever did this, hasn't a clue really what they are doing." She said as she looked up to Tarissa. With a sigh, she flopped down into one of the chairs, just to take a moment to breathe. Like it or not, as calmly as she could present herself in such situations .... They still were more stressful than she liked. Setting the cutters on the table, she then ran a slow hand through her hair.

(12/20)

Tegaea Alcori

Back to Square One
[member="Elanil Saedaris"]
Tegaea felt herself pondering a snappy reply to Elanil, but then let it go. It wasn’t worth it.

And so the gunnery data was fed into the computers. The Nova Cannon aimed and then…fired for a third time.

“Target hit, ma’am, almost half of it has broken off.”

Tegaea nodded. “Analysis of remainder?”

“Seems to be a fragment between 4.5 and 5km has survived and remains on course.”

Tegaea looked to Elanil. “Over 75% reduction in mass. What does that mean for Kaeshana?” She was not a geologist, but ¾ less asteroid had to be a good thing!”

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom