Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Exodus Crash: A New Dawn | [ CIS, Allies & Natives ]

Queen-City1.gif
Smoke from Eshan City could be seen as far away as Rîs or Queen. Situated along the southern coast the city was known for its beautiful skyline and ode to the old way of construction. Bridges connected the Queen's Islands to the mainland and old wooden ships cut through the seas. Fishing boats returned to port ready to offload their hauls, while food runners with a detailed list and cash are ready to purchase the fresh fish. Freight trucks and beast drawn carts shared the road behind the main municipal palace while a caravan of refugees arrived at their designated checkpoints. Medical teams from Eshan and the Confederacy greet them while volunteers for the Order of the Sacred Lotus began to make their trek back toward the ruined capital city. Heavy rescue equipment, ambulances, and search vehicles rolled out of Rîs heading down toward the billowing towers of smoke.

For Tellu, who now manned the main Sacred Lotus operation base out of Rîs's Temple Square it meant matching relatives on Eshan with those either on Monastery or on their way to Monastery. Her parents were somewhere here in the city, or so she was told, they had come through via a medical truck as medical camps were being moved to cities, towns, villages and makeshift hospitals that now dotted much of the region. She wondered now though if it was possible to speak with either [member="Nylea Apollodor"] and check on her progress. Nylea had opted to head up the Sacred Lotus's medical teams while Tellu managed the rescue and recovery, she knew the young woman had come face to face with her own dreaded fears.

Second, Tellu wanted to check in with her sister [member="Srina Talon"].

If their family had managed to arrive at Rîs's main hospitals then it would be prudent that Srina be there. Their parents would want to make sure that their daughter was alright. Tellu wore a cloak with the Order of the Sacred Lotus's emblem emblazoned upon it. The cloak itself was soaked in mud, awash with soot and held grass stains along the core of the logo. Her robes were in the same condition and as she crossed the Temple Square she found herself still looking up and over the horizon toward that plume of smoke and ash as it reached out toward the heavens.

The Mandalorians had been dealt with, and Eshan could look toward the light - could look to the future with hope.

Slowly his eyelids flickered then opened. Crimson hued eyes stared at canvas, grey and rippling in the light breeze that caressed it with invisible fingers. His head turned to his right, mind registering something amiss yet unable to determine what exactly was wrong. Lines of cots stretched out for hundreds of meters, every bed holding a wounded man or woman in indifferent embrace. His gaze fell to the ground, the tarp that had once been white now decorated with the viseral color of seeping wounds. The sound of rain assaulted his ears as he searched for the tell tale ripples in the canvas ceiling to no avail.

It was then that he realized the sound of precipitation wasn't from the skies but from the bodies around him weepings trails of crimson, droplets splattering in a symphony upon the tarp floor. Grunting he tried to sit up as an anguished cry tore free from hoarse throat. He went to brace his arms on either side to aid in his rise from the bed, but fell to his right side a near scream escaping from the pain that erupted from his ravaged body.

And that was when his disorientation clarified with startling acuity.

His right arm was missing. Crude bandages wrapped around his upper torso, stained by sweat and blood. An IV ran into his left arm as he stared with horror at his war torn body, mangled by [member="Kaine Australis"] in their fight near the palace. Memory came flooding back with clarity. Little Richard falling after hypersonic rounds tore through his torso. Dead before he even hit the ground. A chainsaw like weapon chewing through his forearm, numb fingers spasming nervelessly as hand fell away. The brightness of bone in startling contrast before the blade fell into his shoulder.

The overwhelming pressure that laid upon his chest suddenly relieved as the blade passed through his shoulder, the kick of dirt spinning into his face with the spattering of blood. Heat flashed through his right shoulder as a coldness caressed his body, beckoning him into a black void.

The final memory was of a soul wrenching loss as someone close to him died, the echo in the Force shaking him to the core as unconsciousness claimed him in memory and present equally.

A short time later he woke once more. It was the smell of voided bladders and relaxed sphincter muscles that roused him. Poets claim death has a cloying scent that marks it's victim with a bittersweet tenacity that the damned cannot shake. That the taste of death is metallic and pungent. That one could almost hear a otherworldly music as the souls drift into a peaceful afterlife. They are wrong. It's the smell of shit and the salty taste of tears, the sounds of screams interspersed with the pleas for their mothers. Not as aesthetically pleasing to the senses as poets and authors make it out to be.

Two YVH 1 droids stood on either side of his bed, the light gleaming off their exoskeletons. As Derek looked to the occupant in the next bed he felt the half hearted jump in his chest of recognition. Lucian, his ever present bodyguard and friend, lay beneath a white sheet, miraculously pristine despite the grevious wounds adorning his form. Derek opened hos mouth to speak to his friend but the words stalled upon his tongue as he noticed the lack of rise from the other man's chest.

He let his head fall back onto the pillow and closed his eyes fighting his emotions. Tears spilled free and fell across blood splattered cheeks. So much death. When would it all end? He wiped hos face with his left forearm, the stinging pull from the IV line focusing him. He had somewhere he needed to go. He spoke to the droids without opening his eyes.

"Help me up."

[member="Tellu Talon"] || [member="Nylea Apollodor"]​

“I am not a doctor.” Nora tried once again to warn the patient. “I am here to collect information on behalf of the-”

“Look, lady, I am not telling you to fix me. I am telling you to listen to me.” The brown hair in the other woman’s face seemed to sway as she spoke with a most worried expression across her face. Dirt and grime seemed to cake along her skin and arms which seemed covered in tiny scars and cuts that would indicate that she had most likely been through this before. Nora’s brows furrowed and she turned towards the insistent patient with as much calm as she could muster given the situation.

“Thank you.” The patient said and placed her hands on Nora’s shoulder as she looked the Arkanian straight in the eyes. “Now listen to me very carefully. I am no one, and you-”

The rest of the conversation seemed to grow hazy. A thick fog covered Nora’s mind and the weirdest sensation began to expand itself across her mind. Her hand was extended towards the air as if she had just handed something off but she couldn’t quite think of why she would have done that. Her eyes flickered with newfound life and consciousness. Turning on her heel she came face to face with one of the other Lotus members.

“Sorry, but… What was I just doing?” She asked him. Confusion lingered on her voice.

“You needed to grab some supplies for one of the nurses real quick.” He answered and seemed as equally confused. “Are you alright, Nora?”

“Yeah. Yeah, I am just…” She began to mumble. “I could swear I was doing something and…” Her head shook. “I guess I must have forgot.”

“Well, if you need a break I am sure one of the others could take over for a bit.” The man smiled back at her. “Listen, I really got to get back to work.”

“Yeah, yeah you do that.” Nora waved him off. “Don’t forget to tell Nylea about the Bacta shortage. Our supplies will run out soon if that transport don't hurry up.”

Queen-City1.gif
Holding back her tears while tending to the wounded of the medical camp that was situated near where her parental home used to be was one of the single most difficult things Nylea had done in her life. While the field hospital was being set up the woman had used the time it took to do so to find the exact spot where the house she grew up in stood, but now there was nothing but rubble left in its place. The small flicker of hope she had left had faded as she had laid her eyes upon the wreckage- she could no longer suspend her disbelief. Nylea's scar-riddled heart was pierced by yet another dagger, but it was pushed in just that bit further when Karl's message confirmed what she already knew.

It wasn't just her parents that were killed under the Mandalorian regime. Every aunt, every uncle, every cousin- every last member of her family was gone and with that every last thing that connected her to her homeworld was too.

Nylea couldn't help but taste the bitter irony, pouring salt into the wound. Her father had been an activist against all forms of slavery that had manifested on Eshan, but refused to use violence to accomplish his goals. With Nylea's mother by his side he dedicated his life to ending the very thing that caused the very war in which he became a casualty. He didn't deserve any of this. None of them deserved any of this. This wasn't justice.

But there was no time for mourning. There were people who relied on her help and so Nylea pushed down her grief, her sadness and her tears, and returned to the medical camp. That was where she was now, tending to an older woman's arm while her thoughts were filled with pleas to the Force to grant her serenity, but she was uncertain how for long she would be able to keep going like this. Though surrounded by many, the echani felt alone. Now more than ever did she need her family, but they were gone now. She was never even given the chance to say goodbye.

"Are you alright?" The woman Nylea was tending to looked at her with concern in her eyes, easily reading the inner turmoil through her outward expression. It made her aware of her demeanor and went to mask it before replying. "I am. It is easy to get caught up in everything, as someone who grew up here." Her words were met by an understanding nod, after which the patient tilted her head to look at her arm. "That it is. I am lucky enough to not have lost people close to me, but the loss of others overwhelms it."

Nylea remained silent as she continued channeling the Force to heal the woman's arm, albeit somewhat absent-mindedly which slowed down the process. Deep down she wanted to ask Tellu to make her way to the camp- she needed a shoulder to cry on, but the fellow echani was likely busy enough as is. She didn't want to be an emotional burden, yet still when a Lotus guard passed by Nylea couldn't stop herself from doing what she was about to do and waved him over.

"Actually, I was just looking for you, Knight Apollodor," the guard explained. Nylea nodded though kept her gaze focused on the patient's arm for a little while longer, then concluded it was properly healed. "Make sure to not strain it too much, it will need some time to fully strengthen again." A show of appreciation later Nylea got to her feet and faced the Lotus guard. "Please, just call me Nylea," she urged him. "How can I assist you?"

"A message from miss Lithos," he replied, "the camp she oversees is running low on bacta and she is asking for a new shipment."

"I will make sure that is taken care of as quickly as possible." With a nod the man was about to turn around when Nylea added one more thing. "While you are here," she said to ensure he would not leave yet, "Could you perhaps pass another message along? I have to speak with Tellu Talon, though I do not know where is exactly."

"Of course," the guard replied. "I'll do that right away." Nylea gave him an appreciative smile before parting ways and getting to the next order of business, getting a shipment of bacta sent out to Nora's camp.

[member="Tellu Talon"] | [member="Nora Lithos"] | [member="Srina Talon"]

Voph could easily feel why Allya wore the armor with the force blockers. It was to hide the passion roaring in her. Her emotions were so easy to read, so intense. Her force aura was like an all consuming fire, and it burned bright. The dark side radiated from her, but the corruption often associated with it, did not, in a strict sense. She clearly had a handle on what she did and did not do. Rage poured from her, as did utter sorrow, and grief. She felt for each body she placed to the side, Mandalorian, and Echani, Eternal Empire and the like.

She brushed off her gloved hands and looked at Fedrig. Allya gave the man a warm smile. The pretty teenager moved across the rubble. “It's not that I hate the Mando'ade. I just do not feel the one you all call Mand'alor is actually one. I do not believe she has the best intentions for Mandalore and her people at heart. Instead, she desires power, and will stop at nothing to get it. The worms ravaged the planet, and not ONCE did a Mando'ade force stop to try and take them down. We can only assume that's because they brought them. It was all I could do to save my own people. To rescue the pitifully few who survived the crash, and the attacks. I do not understand. This isn't in the Resol'nare. It isn't in the canons of honor, it isn't found in the Supercommando Codex...” She waved her arm around, to show off the damage. “THIS isn't Mando'ade. It COULD be...it is. When an unworthy Mand'alor is in command. How many people did she sleep with the gain her position?”

She rubbed her face. “And why wasn't she here? Pregnant? So? Mando'ade women go onto the battlefield while pregnant. We don't allow it to be an excuse. She could have led from an armored warship. My mother didn't stop while pregnant. I do not grasp how your people could have ever been Mando'ade! It was so...careless, so without any form of honor.” Her voice was honestly hurt by this. The Sith in her conflicted with the honor bound Mandalorian in her, always. Her teeth gritted and she raised her face to the sky. “This isn't our way.....we are not supposed to get involved in this type of war. We do what is for the best of Mandalore. We are mercenaries of honor. We fight for others and we carry ourselves with dignity, even when we are destroying. This held no dignity, no honor, no finesse, and just....cowardice. I don't have a problem with your Empire....I just don't think its Mando'ade. This is what I am used to seeing when we have to clean up a mess from one of the Sith Empires.”

Her eyes turned to Voph and she gave him a dazzling smile. Not that he could see it, the blind bastard. “Lord Voph! How are your wounds? Should you be out of bed yet?” Voice was filled with worry, and she walked up to the man to check him out. He had that scar....say what she wanted to about her torturers, but they at least left her face intact. The tiny Mandalorian girl was dwarfed by the massive Sith lord. Brown eyes looked him over, even as the force probed him, to make sure he was okay.

[member="Voph"]
[member="Fedrig"]

Voph angled his head downwards to look at Allya. His brow furrowed as he frowned at her question. "I have survived greater wounds, and with less care." Her probing would reveal....well, extensive damage. His right leg was in a med-boot, having been broken during his fall. Ribs bandaged and braced, and Bacta-infused bandages over the twin slug wounds in his abdomen. But the scars went deeper than that. His left arm was a mass of scar tissue, his body a tangled mass of scars. While these wounds were older, they were still wounds. And he wore them proudly. Scars. Reminders of old failures.

"I would point out an error in your line of thinking, however." Voph turned to glance at [member="Fedrig"] for a moment, then back to Allya. "Those well read on their history would know that the Mandalorians have done such things in the past. Namely the Cathar Genocide." Voph shrugged. "For all their talk of being an honorable people, I have yet to meet one that lives up to this lofty expectation." He held up a hand towards Fedrig, a calming gesture, to accompany an apology, spoken in perhaps surprisingly fluent Mando'a. "Akutudir, Vod. Ni tid'ica nayc agurka. «Apologies, Brother. I mean no offense.»"

[member="Allya Vi'Dreya"]

Objective: Still Revenge

Small amounts of smoke still seemed to dance their way across the grassy plains leading up to her old home, the area around it somewhat well kept but it was quite clear that the invasion had stemmed any effort to keep the trees grass and vine from taking rots around the outer fences. Still that was not the worse of it for inside the estate walls Chikako was greeted for a far more infuriating sight. Scanning the outer yard her eyes saw what seemed to be a very organized looting of the manor and other buildings, armed soldiers of some sort carrying different items of value into a largest stock pile in the middle, each though seeming to her hire guns carrying the crest of a certain house.

That house, it had been the one that carried out the attack on their ship, the one that took her mothers life, the ones who time and time again sent assassins after her, attempted to kidnap her, the constant torn in the princess side. But most of all they were 'those' people, one of the few on the planet that actually were apart of the slaver taking place, a small part of what Eshan was, but their actions had brought this war home. She did not forgive the ME for their action, but at the same time despised these people. Her hands trembled, fingers growing even whiter around the hilt of her sword, head bowing a little, covering her eyes in a dark shadow, teeth clenching, feet slowly moving forward.

"Oi girly, clear out, this is pri-", she didn't want to hear it any more, a shark metal scraping sound resonating through the area as Chikako drew her blade, the silver like metal cleaving through the mans neck, separating head from body, a stunned silence taking over the yard. "Ya little fucker, what you doing". Her head turned towards the other solider, her eyes still a shadow, but her mouth changing, the clenched teeth turning to flat calm like expression. "Taking back what is mine.." Her left hand shot out, a sharp purple ethereal spike flying from her palm, screwing the mans head into a nearby tree, "by force".

BlueBell.gif
Location: Relief and Coordination Tent - [Outskirt of Eshan City]​
Tags: [member="Darth Metus"] | [member="The Avenger"] | [member="Tellu Talon"] | [member="Nylea Apollodor"] | [member="Khonsu Amon"]​

Ash.

It was everywhere. Pristine towers, topped with elegant spires, were nowhere to be seen. There were plumes of smoke still rising in the tepid air. Destruction. Sinkholes. Deadly, dangerous, caverns that had been dug into the ground by monstrous beings. The young woman was quiet. Silent, pale, and just as lifeless as the newly made corpses that littered the remains of Eshan City. That in itself was not unusual. She had always been soft-spoken, choosing to act, versus allowing bursts of emotion to make her will known. She thought. She did not feel.

Only…She did.

The sun had set. The sun had risen. Eshan kept turning on her axis as if she had a right to when so many of her children were dead. It felt like a betrayal of the highest order. How was it that everything seemed to keep going? How was it that they all fell into line, followed orders, and went on as if the very soil weren’t stained a burnished shade of decaying crimson from the lives that had been lost? How did they not break beneath the weight? Beneath the pressure?

The slender creature breathed in slowly to find her center. To push away her thoughts, fears, and sorrows. This was not the place for it. Not the time. She couldn’t allow guilt to eat through the marrow of her bones like a parasite while her people were in need. [member="Tellu Talon"] would come to find her soon. She had heard whispers of what had befallen her family, but still, the soldier in her trudged on. There was no time to mourn. No time to weep. Her personal affairs could not matter. Not yet. The Queen, [member="Spencer Jacobs"], had held faith with her promises of aid and liberation throughout this campaign. She had asked that she care take their people, not only the Echani, but the Thyrsians, and the Exarch intended to do just that. Srina would not fail her.

Srina would not fail them.

The armor that [member="Darth Tacitus"] had crafted for her had held up well, all things considered, but the elegant Echani was but a ghost of her former self. She had removed her vambraces so that she could move more easily. The fur-tipped cloak that she had worn into battle had been folded to pad the head of one whom had come in secret to fight at her side. [member="The Avenger"] was persona non grata among the Mandalorians, for his involvement with Myrkr, but he was one of the few in the galaxy she trusted implicitly. Not for the first time—He bled for her.

So many, in this war, had bled for her. So many had died. For Eshan. For her.

“When I was a youngling…”, she trailed off quietly, wringing out a towel, so that she could begin wiping the caked soot and blood from the well-loved face that had been exposed due to his injuries. His mask was resting on a ramshackle stand made of untreated wood. Srina would have placed him within one of the emergency temporary housing units, however, she could not be far from the humanitarian efforts. She could not bring her work home, this time, so she brought his prone form with her. There were too many people that needed care, with far worse wounds, so she would handle it whilst coordinating. “I did not understand death.”

The Avenger couldn’t hear her. At least, she didn’t think so. His mind was open to her. Always. Yet for the moment, despite the pain he’d likely be in when he woke, there was silence. Deafening, silence.

“I could see the sadness that it caused in others. I knew that the individual would never breathe again. They would never grow older, never eat, nor spar, nor laugh. It just didn’t make sense. There was just a body, left behind, where this animated individual used to be. I didn’t understand why that person couldn’t just choose to get back into it and not be dead anymore.”

A pale smile touched her lips. It was sad. Achingly, so.

“I felt like that for a long time. Mostly, because no one would tell me why.”

Eventually, they did. How foolish a young Srina Talon had felt once she more adequately grasped the full spectrum of life and death. There was always the Force to consider, but that, was neither here nor there. She carefully wiped the blood that had congealed and dried from the face of the unconscious Dauntless warrior. It wasn’t the first time, since the fighting had stopped, and wouldn’t be the last. Were it not for the fact that she needed her wits and strength to keep pressing forward she would have simply tried to heal him. As it stood, he was a wound in the Force, and it drank power down like the finest wine.

Only a fraction of the effort she made ever went toward healing his injury. It was like pouring water down a drain, trying to catch just a little, with a sieve.

Her careful caretaking halted, briefly, when a familiar warmth pressed at her back. To everyone else, her Master could be a terrifying enemy, a tyrant of a Sith, but to her? He was just as important as the ground they stood on. She reached up with her free hand, catching his, the moment it neared her shoulder. The motion was reflex. She knew he would find her. She knew he would reach for her. He always did. “What are our losses?”

To her credit the voice that left her was strong. The second death of [member="Darth Tacitus"] left her feeling numb. Some part of her, however small, hoped that he would return. He had managed it once before. Perhaps, perhaps, he would manage to cheat death a second time. As it stood the Confederacy, the Silver Jedi, the Order of the Sacred Lotus, and even Echani Command had been trying to mitigate the fall out as best they could. Securing the system, the area, took precedence.

“Any surviving war criminals from the Clans should be turned over to Echani Command for processing. We opened the door to return the freedoms of my people. Now, we let them keep it. A full investigation into the claim of enslaved Thyrsians needs to be launched immediately, however, for the sake of transparency it must be handled by a party that will remain unbiased. If any slaves are discovered they need to be returned to their people. If it is found to be valid the culprits must be apprehended and questioned so that we may trace their movements to the source. Killing foot soldiers will only cure the symptom. Not the disease.”

While helping the Confederacy clear the rubble and aid in organizing relief centers in the valley the young Exarch had been spending her time, more than anything, in deep thought. How could she best keep her promise to her Queen? [member="Spencer Jacobs"] had been just as busy as anyone else. With all the soot and blood coating most of them, truthfully, they were indistinguishable. It was true that they had won this battle. But, had they won the war? “Once the injured are secured we need to handle the dead. The soil and water are already polluted from debris and ash. Eshan…She is wounded. Open decay will only make matters worse. I want every fallen member of the Confederacy and our Allies accounted for so their remains can be taken home. Our side was the victor…But there is much suffering. They fought bravely. Many died. Because I asked them to.”

In truth, [member="Darth Metus"], had asked them to. But they all knew the reason why. The sentence might have just as easily passed through her lips. He would feel the wave of guilt that rose in her chest, before her eyes closed, and she banished the unwanted emotion. There was work to do. “I need a Thyrsian contact that I can reason peaceably with. I would like to return their dead. I wouldn’t leave our own people to wither in the elements…I won’t leave them either. For things to proceed in the next coming months, Eshan, will need to realize that the constant infighting with our distant cousins serves nothing. It’s an old war. Old blood. It must stop. Echani Command needs to withdraw from Thyrsus. Just as the Clans needed to leave Eshan.”

“As for the dead of our enemies—Ship all that can be identified back to the Clans. I don’t want their bones and blood polluting my home any more than their hypocrisy already has.”

While some might have stated such a thing passionately, vehemently, the little Dread Queen never rose her voice above even decibels. It held the emotional capacity of a teaspoon, so much so, that she might have been relaying a grocery list. The hand that she held from over her shoulder, would feel a squeeze, before she let go. Silver eyes looked up to glance back at [member="Darth Metus"]. They were fathomless, glimmering softly, like distant stars. They had won, that was true, but the light in her gaze remained dim. The scent of death hung in the air like a veil, and she felt it, all of it, weighing her shoulders down as if they were laden with boulders… “How are your injuries? Have you found rest, Master?”

Bumblebee.gif

Location: Leaving Eshan City - Arriving into the Relief Coordination Tent
Tags: Open for interaction

When she had left Eshan, she had been on the run. Her life was at stake for what she had done or attempted to do to save her sister. Her plan had failed. Her head had a price on it. Since then, Cyprine had been running. Yet when the Confederacy marched on Eshan to save it, the warrior inside her gave out a battle cry, refusing to stand behind. She'd been adorned in her warrior armor, her blade firmly at her side. She hadn't thought of tomorrow, she thought of the moment and the actions necessary. They were warriors and fighters, they didn't back down from a fight. And the women of Vail didn't only have themselves to think about, their men too required their protection. Other growing boys and men, innocent in the suffering as well. She had fought, she had spilled blood, she had injured herself in that dance of warriors. And yet, no Echani stopped until it was over. Not until victory had been achieved.

And victory had been achieved.

Twenty-four hours, Cyprine had not closed her eyes or lay for rest. The rush of the battle was still coursing through her body, her face and white hair had traces of blood in it still, dust upon her armor. She was slowly getting tired, yes but she could not sleep yet. Now that the battle was done, Eshan required healing. Cyprine was still in danger here and yet, now, it was the furthest from her mind. There was far too much work to be done and this was Confederacy territory.

Cyprine was dazed, gripping upon her double blade as she walked to the outskirts of the City. Though she was no healer, she could offer her help where necessary. Though she hadn't the magic touch to save, she could lend her hands to the healers. Though she had not slept yet, she refused to while others still required help. They were her people, they were her race. Eshan was her home. And after months upon months of being away from home, she was finally here. There was no way Cyprine was going to find a place to rest while there was still more work to be done.

UQdU2QC.png

A bestial tongue flopped from a slackened maw, as the severed trophy turned about in his gilded fingers. The creature was an entertaining foe to test himself against, but its size and overconfidence made it sloppy. Sure, the beast wasn’t slow by any means, but the towering creature lacked true physical discipline and was unable to help itself from telegraphing it’s lethal intent. He bent like a reed in the wind, as the towering marauder swung it’s axe wildly, seemingly melting away from every killing stroke. It didn’t matter that the beast had strength and speed on its side - it lacked focus and gave into rage far too easily. In many respects, this creature reminded him of himself when the combat implants burned hot. Instead, the former Stormtrooper was able to keep his cool during the bout; the man even recalled laughing as he pivoted through the brackish swamp.

However, as thrilling as it was to see a mirror of himself come to life before his very eyes, that sensation vanished when his footing failed him. Of all the things to slip on, the Stellar Centurion lost his balance on the curved breastplate of a Mandalorian’s beskar’gam. That brought the axe dangerously close to taking him out of the picture far sooner than he would’ve liked. With his jovial smile turning to a sneer, the Bakuran recovered in time to duck under another killing blow; before returning one in kind. The shrieking axe tore through the air and bit deep as it connected with layered armour and leathery hide beneath, before mulching the bones into a viscous paste.

The body still moved, for a time, but twitched as death finally came to claim it’s severed, and soulless corpse. It was in that moment that the Battle for Eshan truly ended for the Sun Guard known as Torian Pierce. He had been in the thick of it since they engaged the enemy at the sundered bridgehead, and was at the head of the counter-charge that broke through their thunderous advance. Now? The man was somewhere amidst the ruins with nothing more than a severed head for his troubles. Normally, he’d be worried that he strayed too far from his Cohort and lost them in the Chaos. Yet, that wasn’t the case this time around. He was more concerned with figuring out how to bind the damned head to his armour, without losing it on his way back to friendly ground.

That was until he heard the sound of discarded armour striking the ground. It was unmistakable; even for him. The man had some experience in that regard after-all.

Not wanting to slip into the all too familiar throes of reminiscence, the Sun Guard bound the severed head to his belt by its unbraided mane and set off towards that formerly accustomed sound. It wasn’t long after that the Bakuran found himself amidst the ruins of the City proper, with a discarded Mandalorian breastplate at his feet. The armour was ravaged by the scars of battle but held no heraldry that he could recognize aside from the traditional Mando-Imperial sigils of fidelity. Without pausing to retrieve the worthless piece of warplate, Torian slowly began following the trail of discarded armour towards its source.

He had drawn his pistol then. Whoever, or whatever adorned themselves in that discarded armour could’ve been using that trail to lure him into an ambush. He had to be ready. Even with the sounds of battle, now drifting ever distant and fading into obscurity, it never hurt to be too careful. When he rounded a ruined corner, Torian’s dark eyes caught sight of a boy - no more than sixteen summers old. His adolescent figure was clad in the traditional fatigues of the Mandalorians - as that armour liner was unique amongst their kind - and his Beskar’gam’s gauntlets and greaves. Nothing else. It seemed that this blonde-maned boy was the one who tore his armour from his body; casting it aside for reasons unknown. His arms slowly rose as Torian’s weapon clicked active, and announced the intentions of surrendering.

Khonsu ordered that no quarter be given. That any Mandalorian survivors caught within the Golden Company’s grasp were to be slaughtered like cattle. He wanted to lift his weapon and pull the trigger, fulfilling his commander’s command, yet something stayed his hand. Was it the fact he felt a kinship - borne from similarities forced upon them by the Chaos of war? He couldn’t say, but the weapon didn’t fire.

The kid was armed, sure, but if the boy made any move to reach for his weapons, he’d be shot dead before his shoulders dropped an inch.

Torian was about to say something when another voice called out from the thin layer of dust that blanketed the city. With a start brought about by years of training and instinct, the pistol’s barrel tracked through the air; pointing towards a figure flanked by the distinct silhouettes of Nemodian-based Battle Droids. The man, whoever he was, was a Confederate Officer. It was the droids that gave it away, but the outfit he bore seemed naval in origin - perhaps an admiral or something of the like? It didn’t matter. The Sun Guard kept his weapon trained on him all the same. “I’d return to your ship if I was you,” the Centurion stated; tipping the barrel of his Dissuader towards the heavens to further emphasize his demand.

“This wretch is mine and has surrendered to the Golden Company. His name is of little importance to you.”

| [member="Deius Koman'na"] | [member="Kiff Brayde"] |

Ca9gwSO.png

Many things transpired in the aftermath of raising the flag of the Golden Company amidst the ruined bridgehead; many of which sent Khonsu’s heart soaring with glee before the rhythm soured in his breast. He was contacted by the Alor of Clan Munin who spoke of finding a cache of Thyrsians who were stowed away as sentient cargo. While he was chafed by the thought of a Mandalorian recovering his people, rather than someone from the Sun Guard, the Thychani Commander had to swallow his pride. There were so many Thyrsian corpses on Eshan, but the prospect of bringing some home? That notion alone quashed the hatred and anger beginning to fester within his guarded core. He felt relieved in some manner and was starting to feel excitement creeping through his thoughts. They were like he used to be, and now they felt the exaltation of becoming free. There were even some reports of the formerly enslaved taking up arms and fighting alongside their cultural rivals, against the occupying garrison of Mando-Imperials.

That got him to laugh. He even relished the thought of his people, newly freed from the bonds of captivity, tearing into their twinned gaolers' frames with pilfered weapons. So much so, that his smile returned -- cracking the dour visage that hid behind the false firelight of his helmet’s visor.

They would soon be reunited with their own kind, and Khonsu was indebted to his alleged battle-brother in ways that could never truly be repaid. There was even mention of the Alor gifting his blade to one of the former captives; giving him a piece of the man’s history and pride as a warrior. That was something sacred to the peoples of Thyrsus. Much like the Jedi and their hypocritical attachment to their lightsabres, a Thyrsian’s sword was their livelihood. It was an extension of their very essence, and it was almost akin to a grave sin if it was ever lost or uncared for before battle. He would have to return the generous offering in kind, albeit begrudgingly.

Vilaz Munin was an unkempt barbarian that held nothing but contempt for the leader of his people, but despite everything the man did for the Sun Guard, that didn’t change the generalized rivalry touted between their disparate cultures. Theirs was a complicated relationship; just like how the Thyrsian unwillingly admitted his respect for Koda Fett after losing to the man on the sacred soil of Bastion’s arena.

However, such thoughts were swept aside as his helmet’s systems began chiming softly. An incoming transmission from an external source? If it was a communique from anyone attached to the Thyrsian BattleNet, they would’ve been instantaneously connected through the various encryption and decryption schemes. This came from the Confederates. They wanted to talk it seemed. As the second chime pulsed across his visor, Khonsu accepted the conveyance with a sequential blink-code. With his credentials automatically confirmed by the integrated artificial construct implanted into his suit’s systems, the link was established. He watched as a uniformed woman materialized before his very eyes, and knew that she saw him in a similar light; albeit armoured and cast in an azure hue.

Normally, such connections led towards the simple pleasantries of the twinned subjects introducing themselves to one another; followed by small talk. This time around, the woman speared right to the heart of the matter at hand. She knew his name and his rank before the transmission ever began, and held the Thyrsian at a conversational disadvantage. The virtual construct relayed the desires of a Confederate Exarch - some obscure title that the mercenary wasn’t truly familiar with, that no doubt bore some authority. This… Srina Talon wished to meet to reason with one another in regards to the long war between their peoples; seeking to come about to a peaceful end. He bit his tongue then, stopping himself from saying something that would’ve been better left unsaid.

When the transmission was terminated, and the summons leaving him with a sour taste on his tongue -- Khonsu opened a channel with the nearest dropship to secure himself a transport that’d ferry him over to the Confederate’s position. He wasn’t a fan of the idea of talking peacefully. If anything? The man would desire nothing more than wrapping his gilded talons around her neck and squeezing until the life faded from her eyes. Maybe then the scales of justice would tilt towards an amicable balance. However, his personal feeling would have to be tossed aside for the time being. This was, like anything else involving the stellar nations that dominated the galaxy, an opportunity for business. Sure, he’d listen to what they had to say, but ultimately? He had little right to see any agreements through. His people were divided and conquered by the Echani.

In the end, the Daughters of Eshan held all the bargaining power they needed to force the desired resolution. Well, that was if they didn’t care about their dead and dying. While it was morally despicable to use the corpses and wounded that the Golden Company recovered from the City Centre as leverage; Khonsu didn’t care. The man needed every advantage he could get in order to balance the diplomatic scales.

After several moments of contemplative silence, the gilded dropship that the Thychani Commander requested touched down nearby and retracted it’s blast doors. Without hesitation, the Sun Guard boarded the craft and felt the transport take to the skies soon after; ferrying him to his destiny thereafter.

| [member="Srina Talon"] | [member="Vilaz Munin"] |

Queen-City1.gif
Beyond the Temple Square laid a series of tents and Tellu occupied one of them, she sat resting her tired legs. Her robe laid haphazardly on the cot beside her as she ate the meager portion of food she gave herself. Bread and oil with pieces of dried fruit and meat ready to be devoured. She let the bread soak up the oil in an attempt to soften it, her eyes read over the reports given to her by the Sacred Lotus's lead coordinator Elisea Korrado. A runner's footsteps neared the white and blue tent and before the child could announce themselves Tellu had called for them. "Knight Apollodor is looking for you, and word has it that your sister Cyprine has been spotted in Eshan City proper, Viceroy."

Tellu lifted her gaze from the tablet, the oil soaked bread in one hand she saw the child eyeing the bread and sighed. "Here," she offered the bread, "go on, take it - and thank you. Have Knight Apollodor guided to the Temple Square." [member="Cyprine Talon"] had made it to Eshan, mother would want to know - if Tellu could find her. There was much to be discussed certainly. "And, if you can find Doctor Lithos inform her to come here as well."

The child nodded and took the offered bread and headed back out of the tent. The sounds of droids and the sick grew louder, a symphony of sorrow and the unknown. Tellu looked to the dried pieces of meat and fruit, quickly taking them into her hand as she set the tablet down on the small table before her. Taking a quick bite her mouth salivated around the fruit, bringing its flavor to life if only for a moment. Tellu grabbed her robe and threw it over her shoulders just as she finished off the fruit, and handed the dried meat to another survivor just outside her tent. She pulled her hair back and up into a quick bun, this let the air cool the back of her neck. Droids approached her asking where to set supplies and tents as they were unloaded from a nearby landing pad.

Tellu gave them direction and then set off across the square to the coordination tent. There she was able to make use of the nearby communications tower, "Srina, it's Tellu. We've established a coordination camp here in Rîs. A group of our heavy rescue workers have already left for Eshan City. We're helping who we can with what we have, the Temple Square has become a makeshift hospital and the docks swell with ships and refugees..." A pause, "and, there's one more thing Srina. Our sister - Cyprine is here, a runner's informed me that she's in Eshan City. Bring her back with you, please - I'll try to find our parents and Viluy."

[member="Srina Talon"] | [member="Nora Lithos"] | [member="Nylea Apollodor"]

0b983febc33bf95fda92c69559583bd9-dc976k8.png

Truth was a bitter flavor for the young Mandalorian to endure, and even as the blaster was kept trained on him he remained passive under its gaze. Words formed in his mind, and his lungs began to produce the air it needed to voice something, anything. But once more, his mouth remained shut and the unspoken protest remained silent as his blaster pistol.

Eyes turned to face one of soldiers dressed rather differently from the other, from his initial briefings Deius expected to fight other forces aside from the Confederacy and here he faced both warriors of the Confederacy and the Golden Company. His eyes focused on either figure, their words held conflict and despite the sounds of war that had only recently dissipated there was a moment of peace between the trio.

“. . .” Still his voice remained hidden, even as the Golden Company Warrior declared his prize and demanded none to interfere. The young Mandalorian understood his position clearly, his freedom was no longer tenable. Courtesy of my leaders no doubt. The war for Eshan’s liberation from the Mandalorian’s sphere of influence brought upon certain habits of his own kin to light and it made this battle between either warring forces far from civil.

No longer a prisoner of war awaited him, he was now considered a spoil of war. Survival his only goal made apparent, and what his old loyalties once were mattered less as he no longer held hope of rescue. There was no assault group coming in to keep Deius from the bonds of slavery nor were there other Vode nearby to deliver him out of this situation. This was his fate, chosen by whatever gods that deemed him ready for such cruelty.

Deius hoped those gods were laughing. And perhaps, some would choke on their laughter as well.

What would’ve you done brother? Death before dishonor? Fall on the bloodied battlefield that was stained by the blood of both enemies and of your own brothers and sisters? Deius scoffed inwardly, his brother didn’t survive instead he chose death and not to come back home. Now Deius understood his own choice. His knees no longer shook with uncertainty, but now remained firm with a new sense of vigor.

"Ni ner'vorer gratiir." Deius finally uttered out, no longer could he trust his tongue to speak the correct basic language. I accept this punishment as my fate.

[member="Kiff Brayde"] | [member="Khonsu Amon"]

NEWBLUE1.png
Eshan City, Lower Sector
[member="Deius Koman'na"] [member="Khonsu Amon"]
"While I'd love to, this boy is unfortunately a prisoner of the Confederacy, not the Sun Guard. I think there has been enough bloodshed already to satisfy your tastes." Kiff had lowered his blaster but he quietly shifted the safety to stun. He was short and a Sky Marshal, yes, but that didn't mean he was timid; no, quite frankly, it was the other way around with Kiff having a streak of impudence bounding on subordination. So if a big, scary Centurion of the famed Sun Guard wanted to claim a prisoner that had already surrendered to merely kill him, Kiff wasn't going to back down. It helped that another squadron of Battle Droids had caught up to him, their metal gears clanking loudly through the hazy, broken streets of Eshan. Arriving in the cleared section to see a standoff beginning to form, they automatically raised their rifles only to be waved down by Kiff. He didn't want to escalate tensions, but the extra manpower was appreciated and accordingly the droids held their weapons in a ready position, able to quickly return fire in case a fight should break out. "I think that we can both agree that your Commander, and more importantly you, won't care whether or not a boy not even of age get's killed. His armor is right there, his blaster is down. Take those, but this one is coming with me."

Queen-City1.gif
Nylea now wandered through the camp somewhat aimlessly, lending a quick hand here and there when anyone asked for it. Her mind was somewhere completely different though and that often left the woman distracted and looking out of it, which wasn't far from the truth. The aftermath of battle was difficult to gaze upon, the death, dismay, agony and all else that war brought with it weighing down heavy on those who witnessed it. The cost was always too great, yet too many still considered it a price worth paying. The sight of what had become Eshan's fate, however, was one Nylea simply could not bear. For that, it had become too personal. She had lost her family once but had found her way back. Losing them for a second time was somehow even more difficult.

The work around the medical camp was, for some time, the only distraction. For that time it was enough, though, but now the grief that rested on Nylea's shoulders had become too heavy to ignore. Though outwardly remaining as calm as she could, her thoughts were too scattered to concentrate and instead she looked to retreat for a little while. When she found a place to sit down, a familiar voice called out to her.

"Nylea, I was looking for you." After the echani turned to face the man, he gave her a concerned look. "Are you okay? If you need anything, I'm here for you."

A single tear began rolling down Nylea's cheek but she quickly caught it and recomposed herself. "Hey, Karl," she replied, "I am alright. It is hard, but I will manage. You were looking for me?"

"There's a runner here for you, sent by Tellu Talon to guide you to the Temple Square. And if I'm being honest, you could use a break. I can handle things here, the walk will do you good."

"I suppose." Nylea didn't have much energy to argue and so she didn't. "If I am needed here, let me know as soon as you can and I will return immediately."

"Will do." Both knew full well the response was merely to ease the woman's mind, but it had its intended effect anyway. An exchange of nods later, Nylea met up with the runner and took off to the Temple Square.

The pair of Nylea and the child who guided her to the Temple Square came to a halt before the tent Tellu was currently in. Its white and blue cloth fluttered around slightly in the wind as it was held down to the ground by its pins. Though many more similarly-looking tents surrounded it Nylea paid little mind to them, as her thoughts kept her too occupied to take much notice of what went on around her. "Here we are," the runner said to her, pointing to the tent. "Thank you," she replied with a soft smile before the child took off again, likely towards the next task. This left the woman alone in front of the tent for a few seconds until she had gathered her throughs somewhat. Then, she carefully pushed one of the flaps aside to step inside.

The woman that entered the tent was exhausted, both mentally and physically, and signs of both were clearly written on her face. The bags under her eyes showed the fact she had not slept properly for quite some time now, while grief was what controlled the look in her eyes. "I apologize for taking your time and bothering you, you must be busy," Nylea said as she felt tears fighting their way through again, choking her up slightly. "H-how are you doing?" The last thing she wanted was to be yet another thing Tellu had to worry about, but she also knew she had already made herself just that. Because of that she was trying to shift the focus away from herself and turn her emotionally driven request to see her into something productive.

But deep down, the echani hoped Tellu could somehow ease the emotional pain she felt. As time passed it was only getting worse and still she tried to keep it to herself. Everyone had their own matters that occupied them and she was certain they had little time to also worry about hers. Yet, the silent plea for help in her voice remained stronger than the forces that kept her from asking for the support she needed herself.

[member="Tellu Talon"] | [member="Srina Talon"] | [member="Nora Lithos"]

UQdU2QC.png

There was a moment that Torian found himself entertaining the idea of ending this supposed standoff with a simple depression of the trigger. While the weapon he wielded, and presently pointed at the human surrounded by an escort of Confederate battle droids, looked like a blaster; it was anything but. The weapon was a Dissuader KD-30 Slugthrower and considered ancient by modern designs. However, it wasn’t loaded with the traditional acidic rounds that were reportedly contained within. Instead, the slugthrower was loaded with specialized rounds containing the extremely lethal xenoboric solution; which would splash across and rapidly melt whatever it touched. While anyone else would be cowed by this subtle posturing, the former Stormtrooper felt nothing. He stared death in the face many times in his life and knew that Eshan wouldn’t be his grave. His armour alone would be more than enough to safeguard him from the blasters that the battle droids wielded; and that their armour wouldn’t be capable of stopping the whorling teeth of his chainaxe; once that deadly weapon was torn from his back and set into motion.

He smiled then, as the pistol in the Naval Officer’s hand was toggled from one setting to another; emitting an all too familiar whine as the blaster’s setting changed. While the man wasn’t entirely familiar with the seemingly inferior tech - the shift towards a stun setting on a plasmatic-based weapon was unmistakable. That very action left him on the verge of laughing. It seemed that despite the legacy the Sun Guard had carved out amongst the stars in recent years, there was still those that believed themselves to be superior. The man supposed that he’d have to enlighten him if this standoff continued. He wasn’t concerned about the repercussions; as the Pseudo-Thyrsian was in the right. The boy turned to him - the man with the twinned suns of Thyrsus emblazoned across his breastplate - and announced his unconditional surrender.

Had the man gotten here earlier, then perhaps Torian would yield the Mandalorian youth to him, but alas - that was not the case. The former Stormtrooper even had a holo-recording of the altercation, which was being filmed from his retinal implants and transplanted onto the Golden Company's encrypted BattleNet. Should anything happen, the sellswords wouldn’t be held accountable for their actions. If anything, the man and the loss of war material would be lamented, but… that was it.

Sure, it might strain their relations on the operational level as this man was doubtlessly celebrated in some circles; yet that mattered little in the end.

Torian’s gaze never waivered; especially when the boy behind him uttered something in his mongrel tongue. His focus, while truly capable of encompassing the environment through the capabilities of his augmented armour, was solely placed on the growing Confederate forces arrayed before him. Now, as an entire squadron of battle droids joined the fray and levelled their rifles at him, the former Stormtrooper started to laugh. It began slowly at first, like the thunder that accompanied storm clouds, then became ever-louder. Even the offer of taking the man's armour and weapons instead was laughable. The Sun Guard had taken a plethora of war spoil as it was - there was little need for more. But, as a militant organization, there was always a voracious desire for meat for the grinder. “You think this posturing will end with me conceding my prisoner to you?” The man said between bouts of rolling laughter. “I’m afraid you’re mistaken. You’ll need more than a squadron of battle droids to drop me to my knees, and by the time your reinforcements arrive…”
“I’ll have already claimed your skull, and used it as a pot for nightsoil.”
| [member="Deius Koman'na"] | [member="Kiff Brayde"] |

NEWBLUE1.png
Eshan City, Lower Sector
[member="Deius Koman'na"] [member="Khonsu Amon"]
Kiff swore inwardly, shifting his grip on the blaster in a semi-nervous instinctive response. All of his will wanted to show this impudent, dishonorable creature what it meant to disobey Galactic Law, Confederate Law, and most importantly him. But unfortunately, the Sun Guard was right; with only a handful of droids and a pistol as his sidearm, they would not stand much of a chance against the mercenary's soldiers and his much more powerful weapons. Inwardly promising that next time, he'd bring more of his own forces for expeditionary forces like this, he lowered his pistol into a passive position and motioned for the droids to stand down before giving another scathing look towards the Sun Guard. "You listen clearly, Mercenary. You may have this boy as your prize, as unfortunately he is your prisoner by right. But harm him even a little, and I promise the full might of the Confederacy will erase you from the Galaxy."

The Confederate Sky Marshal had little love for mercenaries of all kind, but his heart was especially bitter towards those mercenaries such as the Sun Guard who acted only in brutality and cruelty. In his mind, the Confederacy could've won back Eshan easily without the help of the savages that called themselves the Sun Guard, and Kiff knew that despite his warning, the Sun Guard most likely thought nothing of it and the boy's fate was already sealed. He made a note in his mind to check to see how the mercenaries were doing, and whether or not the boy had been treated well. If not, Kiff reasoned, he'd have a much more fun time from the command bridge of his battlecruiser lighting up the Sun Guard then on the cold, ashy planet of Eshan.

Fedrig

F
[member="Allya Vi'Dreya"] | @Voph

It was interesting hearing Allya talk about their history and the honour that they should be. She also discussed the way that Manda'lore not being at the battle was something significant, no matter being pregnant or not. This was a disagreement that he felt, it was said that the Manda'lore was heavily pregnant, giving birth at the drop of a hand so to be on the ground was just nonsensical. Then being on a ship was an option that could have work. Fedrig has fairly new to Mandalorian culture so he wasn't completely convinced that having the leader in the battle was necessary, it would be important to keep them safe even they quite in a position to stand on the front lines. If the generals under Manda'lore were smarter then there was likely a chance they would not be here discussing the issues with the Empire. Voph seemed to think that Mandalorians placed honour highly but never achieved it, they were far from honourable throughout history. Their history was something Fedrig was still learning but he could concede that there had been times when Mandalorians were far from honourable.

"During the Old Republic, there was a time when Mandalorians stopped the fighting both between clans and against the galaxy on a larger scale, they changed the way we were, becoming more pacifists in the way we were. However, it didn't last and a certain Clan fought for the old ways, destroying the peace. We fight amongst ourselves as much as we fight the galaxy at large, Manda'lores fall and rise all too quickly." Fedrig commented as he moved some rubble away, using his muscles to lift and carrying them out of the way. "Our leaders are chosen based on them being strong, if they aren't strong then people rise and demand to fight to take that title away from them. If you and other Mandalorians in the Confederacy don't believe in Manda'lore, why don't you stand against her? Try to take the title away from her?" Fedrig crossed his arms as he faced Allya, "make the change within the Empire rather than sit outside it and criticise the Empire."

Another comment was on the worms and destruction that the Empire created, "we were fighting a large invading force, while we might have tried stopping the worms, our Empire isn't as large as the Confederacy is it?" Fedrig pointed out, there was only so much a smaller faction could do when defending their world against a large invading force. "We don't have the number of forces to defend against your attacks and dangers like the worms." Turning to Voph, Fedrig shrugged at the commented of Mandalorians not being honourable in the past. "No one faction has a perfect past. People within all factions sully the name, the Confederacy back centuries ago with the same name was lead by Sith similar to the Sith Empire that we currently have committing horrific war crimes." Fedrig pointed out, he found this out while learning on his enemies before the invasion. He wanted to better understand the enemy that he was facing, try and see a way to beat them.

"I don't agree with attacking civilians, dropping nukes and destroying a city like this. This isn't the Mandalorian Empire I signed up for, but couldn't it change if I try to help guide a change within the Empire than leave it all behind?" He asked openly, he was lost on what to do but he didn't want to leave the friends when he was making within the Mandalorian Empire.

0b983febc33bf95fda92c69559583bd9-dc976k8.png

His crimson eyes remained wary of the stand off between both the Golden Company's Legionnaire and the Confederate Officer, the sounds of battle droids approached the trio. An all too familiar sound to the young captured Mandalorian, but the very different sound he was not accustomed with were the words tossed between the two men over Deius himself.

Rather strange to witness, and perhaps if he had a bit more energy there would have been a laugh at how fate dealt him these cards. The low laugh broke apart Deius's concentration, and his eyes focused on his capturer and the symbol of the Twin suns were embedded. Etched into his mind, as Deius slowly approached the man.

Deius's hands remained assured, the quivering fearful emotion had been subdued swiftly, but even as the clasps of the stun-cuffs enveloped around his wrists the young Mandalorian paused for the briefest moment to consider. The faintest fire sparked deep within his heart and his eyes shone but barely, and then it all faded away as the ash around them all had done so to the fires that had once ravaged the battlefields.

His eyes were cast downwards, and his body slowly moved along the side of his capturer and slowly the weight of the reality continued to press his down on his shoulders. Regardless of what would had happen or didn't happen between both the Confederate and Golden Company Legionnaire, Deius held no love for either but of course now he held very little love at all.

A faint memory of his brother rose, words spoken of the love the Mando'a held for battle and for war, the opportunity to express and test themselves out in the battlefield. But Deius knew that there was no such thing, this perverse love for war had only brought unneeded death and the leaders of the Mandalorian Clans remained unchained and alive.

"Ibic or'parguur be ni," Deius muttered bitterly to himself, the slightest resolve he yet still held close, "-Mando'ad draar digu."

Deius promised to never neglect this hatred, nor how he was forgotten by them all.

[member="Kiff Brayde"] | [member="Khonsu Amon"]

Queen-City1.gif

Inside the Coordination Tent, Tellu had quietly spoken with several leaders of the local medical group. Treatments were going well and supply lines were moving steadily, security teams found that more and more of the 'clanless' were dropping their beskar'gam, their beskads and being taken by the Confederacy. Tellu had just finished speaking with the local food vendors about their supplies when Nylea had stepped in. Like many who had been on Eshan from the battle onward were tired, worn, weary and sleep - if it came - was restless at best. She could feel the younger woman's sadness before the tears arrived. Tellu turned to face Nylea and motioned for the Echani to sit.

Tellu made room for them on a set of crates with blankets tossed over. "It's... well, it's not okay but we're here for you." We, whoever that was Tellu thought a moment later. "Just know you're not alone, and we grieve with you - all of Eshan." She knew words did little in a moment like this but it was all she had. Support is what was needed now and not just in words, but actions as well. "You need time to really let this..." sink in? Settle? "Just time grieve."

"I'm,..." She had to think about that - work was always something to keep her focused and busy. "If I said I'm okay, I'd be lying. Nothing here makes sense and all I can feel is hurt, pain."

"All I know is that we have to move forward, we have to look for the positive. It's hard, ... it feels almost impossible." Especially when they could see the destruction from the capital all the way from Rîs. Absent-mindedly, she ran a hand through her hair and sighed. Shoulders relaxed and she pressed her back against the duraplast wall that was behind the tent's fabric. "I'm tired, I'm hungry - and a million other things, but what about you Nylea? How are you?" And for that matter, where was Nora? Or did the runner get lost? She'd find out soon enough.

[member="Nylea Apollodor"] | [member="Nora Lithos"]

Korvus Starfire

K
Objective:Aid and Work

Eshan...

Korvus had never been to the planet before. He heard about some wrong doings that had been done, and that the CIS organization opted to charge in and kick those that were doing Eshan harm...out. Korvus knew he was only eight years old, so there wasn't much he could do in the actual battle. While he was confident enough that he could face down a Jedi Master and strike him down, others had a different idea. Korvus wasn't here to argue, so he just obeyed. There was plenty to do after the battle though. He was conducting basic duties, ensuring the area was as clean as could be. Moving supplies from point A to point B and the request of the vice-lords and such. This place must've been very important to them, and to everyone else here.

Korvus didn't have anything riding on this location, but from what he could tell many loved it here.

It was their home...

The eight year old could see it in their tears, and their open willingness to aid those injured. And while he was about his duties he couldn't help but overhear words being said by individuals such as [member="Srina Talon"] , he had good ear for these sort of things. Not because he was trying to snoop around or anything. Location to location and every time he returned as quickly as he could he would catch a portion of what was said and while he didn't receive the whole thing. It opened his eyes a little bit and his need for revenge passed like a small breeze.

Korvus had nothing invested in Eshan at all, but in seeing all that he had seen today. He made it a point to care about this place, and he could continue to preform to the best of what limited capacity he had now. But that for the next time Eshan was threatened, Korvus would answer the call and defend her with his life.

His mind in many places right now, Korvus carried several small boxes that were a little to much for him, and he bumped into [member="Cyprine Talon"] and he lost balance and fell down boxes on either side of him. "I'm sorry about that. I didn't even see you." Korvus said as he scrambled back to his feet and would gather the boxes up again, trying not to look silly in front of those around him, at least not now in these circumstances. He was a kid after all, however he did have respect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom