Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Epicenter: The SJO Dominion of Sev Tok

Objective 3
Post 2
Allies: [member="Sabine Galen"], [member="Calithea Taff"]

A message would come through his comm, and Josh knew right away that he would need to get moving. "Taff, I can get there, hold on!" Josh would offer as he would use the tracking devices placed on the comms to quickly begin to navigate, using a combination of his grappling hooks and Force Flight as well as Force Speed to move through the air at the top speed that he could. He couldn't afford to waste time here... It wasn't long before he would come to an apartment building stuck between, where [member="Calithea Taff"] was attempting to move the rubble.

Deactivating both powers to conserve strength, the Jedi Master would tap the Force instead into ensuring they got them out safely. With telekinesis, the rubble would begin to lift, and would be tossed aside, more and more until he could then try and open the door. When it didn't budge, likely as it had been damaged, Josh would rear back, calling out "Back up!" to those inside, before landing a hard kick on the door that would knock it down. "Move!"

Objective: Venture to the Sage Edge Crater.
Interacting With: [member="Celeste Rigel"].
Er6tw3E.png
Veiere was pleased to hear the fellow Jedi Master agree to accompany him, as it would allow him the opportunity to acquaint himself with yet another of their Order; Ever since first arriving on Kashyyyk with the knowledge that it was to become his home and a permanent position, he had been mindful of those few who knew him, yet most significantly the large number of those whom did not. Glad to take that number down another peg, Veiere nodded to [member="Celeste Rigel"] as she sought to ensure the medical shelter accounted for and in doing so, gave Veiere the opportunity to signal to "The Judiciary" for a Transport to see them to their objective, safely.

Shall we?” Celeste sought to gauge his readiness in her return, Veiere turning back with his comlink still in hand and offering a simple nod followed by a gentle smile before replying. "There's a Shuttle en-route now to receive us" he confirmed, speaking without the tone that most officers of a Naval Force the likes of theirs usually held in their 'official capacity'. "I hope you don't mind, but I took the liberty of avoiding any further risks, given Sev Tok's...Nature", their Transport not likely to take long to reach them given the Cruisers position just shy of Orbit above.

"I was told you're in charge of the Silver Circle?" He inquired with no subtle hint of intrigue, rather curious to learn of the Woman's focus and greater skills where her training, education and career-path as a member of the Order had taken her; "Curato Salva is a technique I've little doubt that we share...-though I don't imagine I'd do well to contend with the injuries that require surgery or worse, on a daily basis..." he offered something of a wary smile, making light at his own expense though the subject probably being too close to home for her to see the humor, leaving Veiere feeling somewhat shy of the mark.

Objective: Assist in Search and Rescue operations on the ground (Objective 3)
With: No one currently, but open to interaction.

After receiving guidance from local authorities, Jyoti made her way down to Sage Hand with a fleet of shuttles, ferrying marines and corpsman. It was hard to tell when the shuttles broke the cloud line, the sky hazy from the metric tons of debris belched into the sky as Sage Hand was swallowed up by the earth. Through her viewing port, she could barely make out the flanking ships nearby. The pilots had to rely wholly on their instruments to avoid collision during their descent.

As they came down the ridges that marked the beginning of the chasm, shuttles began to split away from the from the pack into smaller flights, each destined for a different sector of the sunken city. Jyoti's craft remained on its original course, however, aiming for the city center where the government district should be.

"Just get us close enough to rope down," she ordered the lead pilot. "The ground may still be unstable."

"Aye ma'am."

"I'll make the first drop alone," she continued, now addressing everyone aboard. "After I test the ground then I'll wave the rest of you down."

Near their destination, the shuttle leveled off, hovering about 10 meters from the ground. The bay doors opened, inviting unpleasant dust clouds within the interior. None of the soldiers were bothered by it, comfortable in their climate controlled hardsuits, but the dust made Jyoti's nose wriggle. While sneezing, all the dust was blown back outside with a gentle wave of Force energy. On her way to the back of the shuttle, she helped herself to a filtration mask - it would be tedious having to wave her hand every five seconds. One of the marines offered a line for rappelling, but she shook her head. A few meters was only a short hop for the Jedi.

She walked right over the edge of the ramp and dropped down without a second thought. She landed with the grace of a cat, only a small crunch produced between boots and rubble.

She remained in place, kneeling and placing a gloved hand flat against the ground. Through Shatterpoint, she surveyed the wreckage and underlying fault-lines deep within the earth. For now, there was relative calm, but the plates still churned against each other. There wasn't much time.

Even worse, in her heightened state of awareness, she could feel hundreds of survivors all around her, buried deep under ferrocrete and plasteel. Their collective agony was almost palpable, but the veteran remained unnerved, used to such morbid sensations. It wouldn't help them for her to break down now. Focusing, she narrowed her senses upon what she thought was the government should be. She was relieved to discover a large concentration of souls there. Maybe the council had survived?

"It's clear," she spoke into her com-link. "Start coming down and get these nodes in place."

In quick time, marines began to fast rope from the shuttle. They streamed around her, but quickly melted into their surroundings as their active camouflage systems kicked in and shifted their armor from black to mottled grey. As they spread out, the staked the ground with sensor spikes, which began to map their surroundings with ground penetrating ultrasound and electromagnetic sensors. All this information would be fed back to the Hand, muxing the localized readouts with its own onboard sensors to create a detailed 3D map of the chasm. Since they were were on an incline that roughly ended in a bowl, she didn't want to accidentally trigger a rock slide by carelessly moving rubble. They had to get this right the first time.

"This is Watchman Nooran," she announced over open comms. "My team has begun our SAR operations to retrieve the mayor and city council. We also have detailed mapping of Sage Hand to pinpoint the location of survivors. Please check in with my team or any of the other Spacy units around the city for access to our datalink."

[member="Josh Dragonsflame"], [member="Sabine Galen"],[member="Calithea Taff"]

Objective 1 - Provide aid
Allies: [member="Veiere Arenais"]

Giving Veiere a nod, she replied simply. “Not at all,” She didn't mind taking a shuttle to Sage Edge. It would make for a quick – and safe – trip to the crater site. Ever vigilant, Celeste's eyes continued to scan the medical tent. In truth, she was looking to keep her mind occupied. That way, there would be less time to focus on her grief. If she could pour her energy into helping others, she would feel better. At least, that's what she thought.

“Yes, that's correct,” She turned slightly, offering a small smile. “Ah, Curato Salva. Indeed, you're right. It's such a useful skill.” Celeste paused in thoughtful silence, the subtle humor in Veiere's tone sailed past her.

Before she had become a healer, she'd often imagined it as a tranquil profession. And, most days, it was – but, there were times when the members of the Silver Circle witnessed the worst. People came to them in pain, in suffering. Lives hung in the balance, in their trust of the Force, and their skill.

“It is...” Celeste searched for the right word.Difficult, at times, yes. But, using the force in such a way is very rewarding.” This was very true. While many of the Silver Circle were not the fighters and protectors that people might associate with Jedi, they provided the gentle balance.

“After all, someone needs to patch everyone up after battle.” A bit late, but she offered a small chuckle, an attempt at some humor.

The healer was thankful when the transport arrived to take them, lest she should make the situation awkward.

Objective: Venture to the Sage Edge Crater.
Interacting With: [member="Celeste Rigel"].
Er6tw3E.png
"If only there were no need to enter such battles..." Veiere replied, having always thought of himself as more the pacifist sort than anything. As he finished speaking however, their transport arrived on queue, the Upsilon-class command shuttle descending down upon the open clearing before them, dust being brought up in strong gusts of wind, the repulsorlift thrusters firing in order to control the landing until finally the vessels feet had touched down and their boarding ramp lowering for the pair to enter. Like the Judiciary itself, the transport was imperial by design thanks to Commenor's previous political and trade relationships with the former Galactic Empire under Tanomas Graf. Veiere was used to such sights, though his peers often shared their first impressions when presented with such viewings.

"We're heading for Sage Edge" Veiere informed the pilot as they stepped onto deck, the vessels personnel and cargo bay connected directly to the cockpit via a single bulkhead that remained open unless in the case of an emergency. "Roger that, Captain" the female Co-Pilot acknowledged, inputting the new coordinates into the navi-computer whilst her companion raised the loading ramp and pressuring the vessel before their departure. Turning to look to [member="Celeste Rigel"], Veiere gestured to the nearby seating and soon moved to situate himself opposite the Jedi Master.

"How long have you been with the Silver Jedi Order?" He asked, the floor beneath them beginning to rumble heavily as the Transport's repulsors fired up once more and in but a few short moments, they were off the ground and en-route to what had been reported as the largest scale catastrophe, of the entire disaster zone.

Ugohr Poof

The Traveling Gungan Salesman
Objective 1: Feed the Hungry
Allies: SJO

"Powder ice cream" the Squib cook told Ugohr.

"Finally, theysa deliver disen powder ice cream"

Long lineups were the order of the day here, and the powdered ice cream has just arrived. There was enough of it to last the entire day, enough to fill up the soft ice cream machine multiple times over. By the time the Squib was done with reloading the powdered ice cream into the soft ice cream maker, the machine was topped off and the pho batch was entirely emptied. And his supply of cones went down pretty quickly but luckily cones tended to last much longer in the shimmering heat of environments like these. The Gungan was tempted to get a cone of soft ice cream for himself, knowing that's all that was delivered to his food truck for additional supplies. It appears that there were still some pizzas left unsold, and perhaps he could settle for eating pizzas instead when this was all said and done.

Objective: 3

Responding to: [member="Jyoti Nooran"]

There was a galaxy at war out there, armies and fleets clashing as the great powers of the galaxy wrote their conflict across the heavens, weapons more varied and kincredible than John had ever imagined unleashed on unsuspecting worlds. It was, well terrifying and exhilarating, a test that consumed the cyborg, drove him on to create better ways to protect his friends and allies, to churn out ideas as fast as they came to him and his team. Yet, along the way he realised he'd forgotten something, forgotten why it was that he started off on this path. He'd wanted to help the people who lived around his parents' house, a neighbourhood just like this one...well a little like this.

John flopped back against a wall, blindly grasping for his water bottle with one hand as he gave the aching muscles of his shoulders a chance to recover. The galaxy was full of all kinds of advanced abilities and technology, you wouldn't think that a simple natural disaster could have this kind of effect, but the earthquake had torn the city apart like nothing else he'd ever seen. Ever since he'd arrived John had thrown himself into the relief work, his cybernetics letting him lift entire walls, throwing concrete blocks around like there were made of Styrofoam, he knew that his body couldn't keep this up but he also couldn't help but imagine faces he knew on the victims bodies, couldn't help but think what if this was home? Somehow he'd gotten separated from the other Jedi workers, falling in with a band of aid workers clearing through the neighbourhood as he called in what droids he'd rushed out with him to help. For every victim they got out alive there were many more bodies that were pulled from the wreckage, yet they needed to find a way to keep going, and pushing on but...it was tough. The man pushed himself to his feet as crew started to back up their gear, giving the tenement they'd been excavating a final glance as the team moved down the street, their sensors out looking for any other signs of life. John made to follow them before he heard a familiar voice crackling to life over hte radios. "Watchman Noor," oh screw it, "Jyoti, it's good to hear your voice. I had no idea that you were headed here, I'm..." where was he? John signed impatiently to one of his droids, peering at the screen it provided, "I'm about 2 blocks over from you now, I can head over to link up with you in a few minutes, but I'm with one of the rescue teams now, and any data you've got would be amazing, we're kinda just playing it by ear now."

Lynette Lykova

L
95CMyW1.jpg
Gesalt Mountains
Sev Tok
Objective 01. Post 01.

A small pair of SSC Pelta-Class cargo transports landed outside in the frozen continental wildness just north of the fallen capital city of Sage Edge. The twin vessel's wide berth among the snow fields was just shy of the nearby highway and the frosty region's Gesalt Geothermal Energy Plant. A large dam-like structure built into the low gray mountains that provided electrical power to many of the northern regions and cities. Meanwhile, an SSC shuttle landed in the parking lot of the energy plant and Knight Lykova dismounted the vessel's landing ramp. Their objective was to begin construction of a prefab shelter-city for the mounting number of capital city refugees. A place protected from the recent quakes and violence, and powered by the energy plant's batteries underground. Surprisingly, it was an idea spawned from the local government. Not just from the SSC's political coalition. So the shelter-city had the support of both groups simultaneously. A boon to any quick and lasting endeavor, to be sure.

The royal Lynette moved inside the front doors of the energy plant and found it warm and toasty inside. A sharp contrast to chilly air of the outside mountain range. A man in a white lab coat awaited her by the security desk. Touching his glasses, pushing through news reports on his phone, and rushing into a quick welcome to the energy plant's newest foreign visitors,

"Ah. Welcome Ambassador Jedi. I'm Scott Tork. Plant Manager here at Gesalt Geothermal. The Chief told me you and your friends would be coming along shortly and that I am to make the facility as ready and available as possible to you. So... Here we are. Oh and, if you'll pardon me, but the Governor wasn't very specific with details of this little coalition of his. Um? So. What can we assist you with then? I'm not really sure how we can be of the most help to the situation?"

"Good day Scott. I'm Knight Lynette Lykova of the Silver Service Corps. Thank you for the welcome and for being so quick and ready to receive us." She smiled and moved over to the long desk in the front hall. Garbed like a dark sorcerer in blue furs and long leather boots, Lynette seemed very alien just standing alone in the modern facility. Yet her presence also seemed to calm the good manager, rather than alarm him with space magic and with foreign status. So she continued calmly with a motion out towards the front windows,

"What you see before you Scott are two Silver transports that will be dropping off supplies and running resupply for the early stages of construction on a prefabricated shelter city. Something both your governor and my government agreed to support. Construction beginning just outside your very windows here. As, I'm told this area has never been subject to the continental quakes that the capital suffered just so very recently. Is that true?"

The manager shifted towards the windows and nodded to his phone, "Right. I mean, yes! It's one of the reasons our plant has been so successful here. We can harvest geo-power here with no reprisal nor repercussions thus far from mother nature. But... A refugee city? Here? I mean... It's just the highway out here and the station down the road. Nothing but snow fields for kilometers."

Lynette nodded her understanding of the sparse conditions, "I'm told we've secured flight paths and transports into and out of the area for all the new traffic you'll be seeing. Your government was quite supportive of a transformative effort here in the region. And I'm told that this facility will also be perfect in providing power to the shelter area. Is that true? Is this facility capable of redirecting enough power to a new emergency project on the valley floor?"

The manager frowned, "Well, yes. Honestly. That's completely possible here.. We use capital batteries to store the excess power we generate for transport out to our contracting partners in the shipyards and northern sea. The Governor was right to note that we generate much more energy than we need at this specific location. Given our remoteness and longevity, I suppose. But we were also never briefed on just how much power we'd be needing? I suppose I can't expect a hard number at this point, can I?"

"Excellent." Lynette smiled, "Then we can begin in earnest. Together Scott, you and I will accomplish great things here. And no. We don't have a solid estimate yet on just how much power we'll be needing. But, all things considered. This is the perfect starting place for something truly transformative and wonderful. Hehe. I just know it."

"Ah. Well. Fair enough." He sighed and folded his arms over his chest, "Well. I suppose we're as ready as you are Ambassador. God willing."

Lynette smiled and gave the man a simple bow. "Fear not Scott. The Force is with us. This is just a surprising new beginning. ...For all of us."

"Ha. Yeah." He smirked and looked out the frosted windows, "...For all of us."

When it raines, it pours.
sjheaderpurple.png

Sev Tok - Medical Shelter Alpha
Objective 1 - Provide Aid

Samara weighed all the pros and cons of the treatment path going forward for her injured patient. With an informed decision made, they could not waste any time.

"Let's get the antiseptic field set up and prep the patient for surgery. I'm going to perform an emergent BKA before we loose the viability of the rest of the leg," the Jedi doctor announced to the medical team assembling, then her blue-green eyes caught a glimpse of [member="Celeste Rigel"] leaving the medical tent with [member="Veiere Arenais"].

The Chief Healer's skills must be needed elsewhere. Sam was amazed at how strong and resilient the woman was given the recent events in her life.

The young healer scrubbed up at a portable wash area, then donned a surgical gown so as not to get her Jedi robes dirty or spread germs to the patient. With a mask and sterile gloves in place, Samara nodded to Stitcher that she was ready to begin, centering herself in the Force before making the first cut with the laser scalpel.

Objective 1: Provide aid
Allies: [member="Veiere Arenais"]

Celeste lifted the hem of her robes as she followed Veiere Arenais into the transport. She gave her fellow Master a gracious nod and then moved to seat herself. Settled, she placed the crash webbing on, safety first, of course. Drawing a breath, she looked across at Veiere as he posed her a question.

“For a long time,” She started, pausing as she felt the craft begin to lift off. “Since I was a girl, I grew up at the Temple on Voss.”

A fond smile formed, but there were also notes of melancholy. She did rather miss their old home. But, she'd supported the decision to move to Kashyyyk. Celeste, though she did not know much about Veiere, was aware that he had a history with the Jedi. And, of course, his time with the Order was short – but he'd made quite a good impression thus far.

“And how are you liking the Order?” She asked, canting her head slightly.

Sabine Galen

S
Objective: Locate survivors
Allies: [member="Calithea Taff"], [member="Josh Dragonsflame"], [member="Sylas Taff"], [member="Jyoti Nooran"], [member="John Locke"]

Crawling, Sabine made her way through a small opening in the wreckage. She'd placed on a mask, the air here was rather dusty. The beam of light from her headlamp cut through the darkness, illuminating her way forward. A bit of tricky work, navigating her way through the broken structure. But, she could feel the pulse in the force – more than one.

It wasn't long before she heard crying.

Alert, her head snapped in the direction of the sound. “Hold on!” She called, though her voice came out slightly muffled due to the mask. When she arrived, ducking her way under a slab of a fallen wall, she found them. Huddled together, was a group of small children. Much to her astonishment and relief, they did not appear to be seriously injured.

“By the force,” She breathed and quickly rushed forth to gather them up. “Come with me, I'll get you to safety – stay very close.”

Above, the structure creaked alarmingly.

Using the Force, Sabine drew it around her and extended her presence in the form of a bubble of protection around the group.

Objective 3: Locate survivors
Allies: [member="Sabine Galen"], [member="Josh Dragonsflame"], [member="Sylas Taff"], [member="Jyoti Nooran"]

A clear sigh of relief as she heard Master Dragonsflame return her request for help. Calithea did her best to clear as much of the rubble as she could but, her natural weakness and even with the Force, she was going through it very slow. Not fast enough, that was for certain. She glanced up to see Josh arrive, and with a deep breath of relief, she jumped to the side as the rubble lifted.

Maybe one day she'd be able to do that. For now, though, she would just watch in awe. And then quickly run in after the door was knocked down to help move the man and woman out of the building, and towards the... Well, basically an exit. She let the injured man lean on her, a clear limp in his leg. Probably fractured, based on the amount of pain his face looked to be in.

"It's going to be okay. We'll get you some medical attention, and you'll be just fine," she consoled the man mostly but the woman was clearly listening as well.

Objective: 2 - From the Depths
Armor: KPA-01 ''Katarn'' Armor
Loadout: KG-1B Famos Mk II Beam Rifle, SG-001 Ranger Field Pistol, Merr-Sonn C-22 fragmentation granade (3)
Nearby tags: [member="Kiso"], [member="Stardust Solus Skirae"], [member="Amon Vizsla"]

Standing in silence just behind and to the side of captain Kiso, he let the HUD of the black helmets advanced optics slowly scan the perimiter in front of them. Gloved hands tightened around the pistol grip and under the muzzle of the particle beam rifle, by habit his thumb felt on the fire lock of the weapon, making sure it was unlocked and ready. Suddenly, Vizsla broke the silence with a rather ill-considered and enigmatic comment. Ty heard it alright, as sure as the captain did, but he let it be with just a slight turn of the head at his direction. He had not had the opportunity to work with him before and did not realy know much about him, more thaan that he must have finished ground training to become a ranger. The comment would surely make for a conversation starter later on.

A moment later, the area in front of them was lighted up by the twi'lek lady and he had to quell the surprised reaction to what the lady just had done with her mouth. The ability existed with very few species, but never had he seen a twi'lek muster it up. The thought disapeared in the blink of an eye as he and the rest of the group spread out to widen the line and prevent them from being flanked by the creatures. The machine gunner opened fire when Kiso gave the order and so did the other rangers.

''Let's see who's the weakest, Vizsla!'' he called to him as he detatched a grenade from his belt and threw it at the oncoming horde of four-legged sharp toothed beasts that came at them, making sure to throw it far from the lady twi'lek that were now fighting up close ad personal with a couple of them. It exploded with a loud bang and took a decent amount down with it. He grabbed onto the blaster rifle again and opened fire, keeping the green jedis back clear from attacks from behind and the side.

''Hold your ground, rangers! No matter what - they ain't getting through to the medical shelters!'' he called over to the other rangers though the helmets vocalizer, choosing not to use their intercoms to let Kiso and the jedi know what they were doing also.

Objective 2: From the Depths
Tags: [member="Tyrell Caphey"] | [member="Kiso"] | [member="Stardust Solus Skirae"]

The brood of bloodthirsty beasts screeched as they charged the task force. Feral desire burned within them as they sought to mangle and rip apart everything that stood in their path. Even through the cacophony, Amon heard one soldier's retort.

"Good idea, sergeant. Cull the weak." The Mandalorian replied with a neutral tone. "Oya."

Amon paid no mind to the twi'lek Jedi's tricks but instead, right after the sergeant's grenade tore the ranks of the monsters, he focused on meeting the monsters on the right flank. One - his prowess with the beskar blade would be more useful on the flanks, two - he still had a hard time trusting his newly found comrades not to shoot him in the back.

He hacked and slashed with well trained precision at the beasts but quickly realized their numbers weren't really dwindling. What seemed a run-of-the-mill beast hunting mission could easily turn into a much more dangerous situation.

Both for the rangers and the medical shelters behind them.

Kobi Fesser

K
hONchyY.gif
[SIZE=11pt]Location[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]: Sage Edge Outskirts (Sev Tok)[/SIZE]​
[SIZE=11pt]Wearing[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]: Traditional Jedi Tunic (Tan/Off-white) and Cloak (Green), Leatheris Bracers (Brown)[/SIZE]​
[SIZE=11pt]Equipment[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]: Lightsaber, Comlink[/SIZE]​
[SIZE=11pt]Objective[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]: 1: Aid[/SIZE]​
[SIZE=11pt]Tag(s)[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]: [member="Asaraa Vaashe"] | Anyone else[/SIZE]​
[SIZE=11pt]Post[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]: 2[/SIZE]​
M5dWOKs.png
[SIZE=11pt]So much emotion encased the young padawan. There was fear. The was anger. And pain. And Kobi could feel it all with an intensity that seemed almost exponentially higher than those around and his natural empathic affinity could easily be blamed for that. As much as a gift his affinity appeared to be, it was just as much a curse to the young boy as he was never able to control just how much he took in at a single time. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]He was on his knees, a hand clutched along either side of his head, an his mouth held ajar as if to scream. Yet, no vocalization was heard. Instead he seemed to just writhe in an unwelcome agony as his master finally made her way to him. Even as Asaraa throw her arms around him and spoke, her words would seemingly fall upon deaf ears.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]A tear began to trickle down his cheek as his eyes strained shut.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]He could feel it all and as discomforting as the whole thing was, he found himself slowly reemerging in the moment for his eyes to fall on the blurred form that was Asaraa as she embraced him. Attempting to place herself as a shield between himself and that which plagued his conscience.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]‘Just Breath. You’re okay.’ [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]The words fell from his master’s mouth and gently pressed against his subconscious mind as a faint murmur. They were there and they were comforting. Even in this trying time. [/SIZE]

Objective 3: Find the people in the city that fell.​
Sylas and his team went about there work saving who they could in the chaos. Dawn's hope returned not long after sylas had sent her away. "Sister safe, master jedi with." Sylas nodded "Thanks Dawn's hope. Okay buddy come on you can make it. Hey Doc Manners I got one over here who needs some immediate attention." The kage girl would nod walking over and doing what was necessary. While this was happening the comm links kept going off so the padawans switched to their own frequency. "Lots of people down here boys and girls to keep our comms uncluttered we will switch to our secondary comm line."

Seconds later a voice would come over the line. "Sensors all up Onyx wolf. I am on my way back with Ice Queen." Sylas would nod. "Alright send the data from the sensors to [member="Jyoti Nooran"] that watchman person. She seems to be the one collecting all the data. Once you get back we will jump on this next transport and head out. They have enough people down here now and Doc manners is getting tired." Sylas would say looking at the kage who was using what was left of her strength to heal the man who needed it in front of him.

"Shadow Fox got anything we missed." Sylas asked helping dawn's promise with pulling the next civilian out of the wreckage. "Negative Onyx wolf if we haven't gotten any of them the professionals will." Sylas nodded adding his strength to the woman who was bleeding profusely stopping the bleeding healing the wound making him woozy. He managed to get to his feet stumbling as technoseer who had just arrived back caught him. "You okay sylas?"

He realised how bad he was that Garth was asking him by name. "I just need some rest thank you Garth." As he tried gathering himself to walk again only to collapse back into Garth's arms. "Or maybe not." Garth would smile at him helping him up enough so he would be supported and not dragged by Garth. "Okay let's grab the last of the people here and head out. Ice Queen can you grab Doc Manners. I know you guys don't always see eye to eye but..." He was cut off before he could finish by Ice Queen. "Don't worry Technoseer we don't leave anyone behind. Now let's get to the shuttle." They would board with the last of the civilians in their area. Most of them weary but glad that had made some kind of difference.

When it raines, it pours.
sjheaderpurple.png

Sev Tok - Medical Shelter Alpha
Objective 1/2 - Provide Aid
​Possibly get involved with things from the depths

The surgery went well. The injured man's lower leg was amputated without incident. Even a small aftershock didn't deter the medical team from doing their duties. They just paused until it was over, then continued with the intervention to save what they could of the man's extremity to give him the best outcome from the horrific trauma he'd received in the original earthquake.

Samara used the healing Force to give the bone, vessels, and tissues on the stump a boost to heal faster. The below the knee amputation was then wrapped in sterile bacta dressings and the paitent readied to be airlifted to the Haven in orbit for continued care. After the surgical site had completely healed, a cybernetic prosthetic would be fitted so the man could function as he did before and live a productive life. The young healer wished she could of saved the whole leg, but this would be a better solution for him after getting in there and seeing the true damage. It made Sam feel good about her decision.

The Liann was washing up when her danger sense tingled. It was more a whisper than an all out attempt to warn the Jedi Knight of impending danger. A second later there was the sound of an explosion in the near distance. A grenade blast?

"Stitcher, I'm going to step outside for a moment and get some fresh air... Call if you need me," Sam said to her medical droid companion, then the blonde walked to the entrance of the medical tent to see what was going on.

[member="Tyrell Caphey"] | [member="Kiso"] | [member="Stardust Solus Skirae"] | [member="Amon Vizsla"]

Lynette Lykova

L
95CMyW1.jpg
Park City Resort
Sev Tok
Objective 01. Post 02.

Lynette sat with her personal staff nearer the windows of the restaurant. Warm and luxuriously furnished, the glamorous eatery was a fine compliment to the snow covered sidewalks of the mountain resort town just outside. Fancy black cars past the warm windows and bright bronze street lamps slowly began to spark to life, one by one. Illuminated the falling evening city skyline like little mountain stars. Inside, the red tablecloths and empty platters of duck and poached pears signaled to the waiters that dinner was almost over. Almost time for coffee and ice cream.

Knight Lykova sat at long dinner table beside Lieutenant Hanna and Commander Peel. Across the table from Rogers, Marshalls, and Briggs. The rest of the Captain's first landing party and Lynette's personal coordinating staff for the week. The rest of the crew was busy running errands with the ships. Leaving Lykova free to pamper her people and take the shuttle out to nearest fine eatery. They could "coordinate" and run their missions from here anyway. At the base of the ski slopes and surrounded by kingly service. A stark change from Navy barracks of an SSC Star Defender, to be sure.

So it was, that everybody had datapads in hand. Updating their mission with status reports and redoubling their counts of supplies and staffing challenges. Lynette insisted that at least they all have a glass of wine in the other hand. If only to enjoy the evening's slowly falling darkness in merry company and with reasonable enjoyment. Why, Lieutenant Hanna had even unzipped her collar after the main dish. Such a rebel, that one. Lykova liked the poor girl immediately. Hehe.

"So then? Ice cream for dessert anybody?" Lynette smiled and waved the waiter over to their table.

"Oh no. Not for me. Lactose, ya know." The strong Commander Peel shook his black beard. Waving a hand over his already empty plate.

"Oh yes! Please!" Hanna smiled and jumped in her seat. Spinning around to smile at the waiter and raise her finger. As if to say, "One more please!"

The rest of the company nodded in agreement and moved on to dessert. Their hotel was just down the street and Briggs was already working on getting them a taxi for the ride back to their beds. Knight Lykova had insisted they not walk the short distance in the wet mountain snowfall. No matter how much the soldiers insisted they could manage it.

"Excellent. Ice cream all around then. Except for the poor Commander, of course. Hehe." Lynette clasped her hands together in joy and laughter. Eager to pamper her troops in any fancy way. "And, you know Commander?" She continued, "They do have a full desert menu. Feel free to take a look and see if something else catches your fancy."

"Oh no. I really shouldn't. Dieting and all that. But gracious, thank you Knight. You really shouldn't have." He laughed.

"Oh no." Lynette held up a hand. "I insist. We'll be working alongside the locals for a few weeks now anyway. Might as well make the best of it. Anybody who joins my operations gets the very best. Naturally."

The waiters returned with dessert and everyone leaned aside to allow them to redress the table. New forks, new plates, and a refill of the glasses all around. Poor Lieutenant Hanna managed to eat her small bowl of ice cream in just two gulps. Sheesh! Such a rebellious little rabbit, yes. But no table manners at all. Poor girl. So rough for the Navy, I suppose.

"I see you liked yours dear. Hehe." Lynette teased as she raised another small spoonful.

"Oh! Yes." The small Lieutenant beamed, "This is so wonderful. Captain Travers never takes us anywhere!"

The Commander leaned over and seemed to scold the poor girl. Stroking his big dark beard with a slant to his eye, "Goodness Hanna. That's because we're a Navy crew. Not on summer vacation. Bah."

"Oh, I know." She began to hang her head, "...But if we're going to leave friendly space to work on a fringe world? This really is the best way to go about it. Don't you think Knightness?"

Lynette smiled with a touch of guilt on her cheeks,

"Absolutely dear. After all... There will be plenty of snow and cold for everybody in the coming days ahead. We'll need to keep our strength to deal with the refugees and housing concerns anyway. It's not easy fixing everybody lives this quickly. Plenty of trouble will slip through the cracks. I'm sure."

They all nodded their agreements then. Building a shelter city alongside the local government allies was no easy feat. Even with plasteel prefabs and V.I. managing assistance. They all knew the next few weeks would be stressful and full. No doubt about it.

"Anyway." Lynette pushed her empty bowl away. "Good work today everybody. Thanks for the meetings. You're all dismissed to return to the hotel at your leisure. I believe the taxis are already on their way. I'll see you all bright and early tomorrow for the energy briefing at the plant. GPS should be on your profile. God bless and good night."

She raised her empty wine glass and bid them all farewell. She'd grab the check on the way out. Another perfect end to another perfectly royal day.

Objective: Assist in Search and Rescue operations on the ground (Objective 3)
With: [member="John Locke"]

She perked up at the sound of John's voice over comms. He had been a good business partner and was a gifted engineer, playing a crucial role in the development of the SJO's first dreadnought among other projects.

"Sorry about that, I embedded with a Kiribian medical mission in the Mid Rim, and this was an unannounced detour from our normal responsibilities. I'll be happy to share our findings, your credentials should allow you to interface with our systems no problem."

Just as she was speaking about the datalink, her communicator chirped as it had received a large info packet from the Hand. With a flick of a button, a small hologram flashed to life from a miniature projector. It was a 3D projection of Sage Hand, overlayed with a wealth of special plotting . The good news was that hundreds of pockets of survivors had been identified under the rubble. The bad news was that the underlying faults that had now buried the city were still very active.

She frowned. More tremors were inevitable, and with their current methods she doubt they could make a dent with recovery efforts before then.

"John, if you could, I'd like you over here sooner rather than later. I need to speak with you in person about current rescue efforts."

Her message was purposely vague over clear comms, not wanting to cause a panic, but the situation was indeed quite dire.

[member="Josh Dragonsflame"], [member="Sabine Galen"],[member="Calithea Taff"]

Ugohr Poof

The Traveling Gungan Salesman
Objective 1: Feed the Hungry
Allies: SJO

The more refugees he served, the more hungry he got. That much he couldn't escape from. He spent all day juggling soft ice cream onto cones, which, in turn, gave smiles on the refugees' faces, even though, from a sheer nutritional standpoint, it wasn't the best for them. But there were still some people who wanted pizzas after all, which meant there were less pizzas remaining by the end of the day when the time to eat their meal arrived, albeit well after the refugees had their meals. There were Squibs in the kitchen that were hungry, too, and they had limited choice in the matter since the supplies for additional ingredients were limited to certain toppings. But they'd rather eat that somewhat unhealthy pizza than not to eat at all. Ugohr prepared the utensils so that the rest of the staff in the food truck can eat their pizza slices, and he cooked one large pepperoni pizza, large enough to be cut into 12 slices.

"Yoursa pizza issa ready!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom