Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

End of a Faction: Imperial Remnant/Galactic Empire

Caius Flavian

Faction Admin - The Galactic Republic
Hello to all my fellow writers.

It honestly is very sad to say that The Galactic Empire, also known as the Imperial Remnant, as a faction has come to an end.
The old guard has been kicked out and the faction has changed its name.
With only a little more than a year and half of being on the board from going from minor to major back to minor and now defunct.
Kept alive by the heart beats of a few dedicated writers whose In Character actions and writings had intertwined them to keep a story alive and going.

I woke up a few days ago to find I was no longer a Faction Administrator for the Galactic Empire (known as the Imperial Remnant), even worse was that I was no longer a member of the faction which had been renamed to the Siratian Empire. Now, I stunned and at a loss as to what to do, turned to my fellow FA's to find that they had also been sacked and kicked out. Our efforts to this last month to reignite and build some new narratives were essentially thrown out the window. I honestly didn't know how to handle it. One of my good friends and fellow writers took it very harshly and felt personally attacked by it. It was originally the reason I decided to not lurk and simply join this site from the get go.

I just came across this thread that was likely the result of a member, also a FA and also kicked out, from the faction who had been there since the founding and whose writings were the original IC basis for the faction to kick off the ground.

In Character
Our faction traced its lineage from the previous Fel Empire under [member="Ronin Fel"] with NPC Monarchs for our Emperor and Empress.
We adhered to what is now the Legends (non-canon) story of the Legacy Era during a time where xenos intolerance had faded and one could find just about any alien fighting in storm trooper armor. Imperial Knights. AVictory Without War mentality towards those who were friendly and all out Total War mentality against those who opposed.
We began with a "peace keeping" mission and ended a civil war on behalf of a planetary government for the world of Crina
We fought the Primeval in their infancy and throughout our time as a Major faction.
Fought the Rebel Alliance many times over who basically did what the Resistance is now in the new (Disney) Canon.
Fought various xenos creatures and monstrosities on the edge of wild space.
Helped in forming a hyperspace lane
Kept very much in line with the idea of Military Junta's ruling a territory of space with a iron but often benevolent fist.
Battled and then invaded by the OS and we lost Crina.
Went into exile ironically under the protection of the Republic

Out of Character
We started out bold as the Imperial Remnant under the leadership of [member="Mason Deschart"] and quickly went on to major.
We wanted to do a little bit of everything, from espionage, to warfare, to politicking and world building!
Then he stepped down around christmas due to real life concerns and I was elected into becoming the Faction Leader.
It was unfortunate timing the loss of Mason, and even worse timing for me because I was in real life getting ready to deploy over seas (thankfully not to a combat zone or anything) but my time was stretched and thinned and our faction suffered greatly from the loss of leadership
I did my best to try and keep momentum going. I worked early on with the leadership of the Primeval at the time along with the Rebel Alliance.
I end up having to step down and the torch had to be passed on.
Soon the torch was picked up by [member="Corvinus Palpatine"] and a strong reboot and rally was made. I'm actually sadly unaware of how the steam was lost but the leadership would shortly change again and soon the Imperial Remnant was again rejuvenated by fresh leadership under [member="Garvan Aritus"] and [member="T'yr Dellos"] and several of the original FAs.
Declarative and bold the IR changed its namesake to the Galactic Empire in a bid to state that it was indeed the successor state of the previous iterations and laid its claimant to the old Imperial Cog.

I'm not sure how or why the role play steam got knocked out again. But it seems these last few months before I returned from another extensive LOA that we were back to being a haunted house again.
So those few of us keeping it on life support began to brain storm and decided to role with the whole Red Dawn story arc and the events of us being attacked by the Prime Ministers revolutionary clone military.
We decided to try and begin again, but that became a fruitless venture for myself and others after being kicked out.

Personally
My character went from being a mere Lieutenant Commander barely grasping the art of carrier combat to a Commodore leading a small sliver of our former glorious navy.
I had a lot of fun writing and very much enjoyed the good times.

So why am I posting this?!
Well it has been my experience here that there tends to be a lot of Out of Character drama behind the scenes that tend to permeate into each others lives beyond just our quill and creativity.
People tend to take things very personally or simply seek to trash others and ruin their fun.
Others do as they see fit given their position and status.
There is a lot more to this, but in all honestly but I'm entirely out of the loop for most of what has taken place behind the scenes so ignorance is great with this one on explanations.
I've always stuck to just role playing and keeping things IC rather than getting involved with Out of Character dram
No matter what the actual circumstances and reasons for kicking myself and others out with no notification as to why it was a great faction to have been apart of.
I can safely say it was some of the most enjoyable collaborative writing I've had in my role playing years.
There are many lessons that can be learnt from this, but I would wager that most that has already taken place here

I guess I'll have to figure out what to do with this character ole Caius Flavian, guess I'm an unemployed Imperial with a decent amount of toys to in his control. Maybe politics? It seems to be all the rage. I originally hoped to have Caius one day become a Moff after years (IC) of work and character development. Perhaps I'll have him join another Imperial faction. Perhaps I could have him join the Republic. I dunno maybe just kill him off. Start anew or leave altogether and go for new pastures.

What does this mean for the IR/GE though In Character?
I'm not sure, but since most of our leadership was apparently killed by the Republic's clones during the Red Dawn.
I guess we cans simply say we fragmented again and went our separate ways, some absorbed into the other Imperial factions, and those who decided to join the Republic.
To whatever the Siratian Empire is, best of luck!

Thank you for taking the time to read this little footnote.
May your muse never tire on this creative journey!

[member="Caius Flavian"]

While not the most recent character involved I use this account to post as a writer and not as a character.

I was there towards the beginning ( a FU named Serco Savar) with [member="Mason Deschart"] specifically trying to decide how and where to go with the Imperial Knights.

Unfortunately while a great concept and one I wanted to see succeed even as I stepped away from it for OOC reasons as writers we can some times be our own worst enemies. We get so caught up in our own stories and in our own ideals of what this or that should be that we some times forget to just enjoy the story......just enjoy the RP.

When I first joined Chaos 18 months ago or so it was never with the intention of being a Jedi Master or a Sith Lord. I was always fascinated with the concept of the Imperial. To that end I always seem to venture towards that train of thought even as my Force Users have had more success. I still hold on to the dream that Chaos will one day have an Imperial Faction and not just a Faction with Imperials.

In the mean time My Imperial characters [member="Cole Dagos"] and [member="Thanith Gumara"] will freelance where ever I can get them threads as I look for a chance to give the a place they can call home.

I can understand your frustration and confusion. I respect your desire and dedication to attempt and maintain the faction. Had you held true to the story and theme of the GE faction, as I had established it, the faction would have remained. Hell, so many months ago, when the faction was thriving, it was well on its way to becoming a successful Imperial Major Faction. Not too strong of a rip-off of one Imperial Theme or another, but canonical enough to attract a number of writers and maintain activity. Unfortunately, do to our Major Faction Request being ignored by the site's administrative team for well over a month, and the coooooonstant OOC drama and conflicting IC goals of one [member="Alva Calvarona"], I was faced with the choice of either booting her from the faction or simply leaving.

I chose to leave.

When I finally returned, I expected to find my former faction either dead, or puttering along where I left it. Instead I found that [member="Alva Calvarona"] had continued with her nonsense, going so far as to abandon Sirat Wen and hide under the skirt of the failing Republic. Much of the IC and OOC efforts I put into the faction were either abandoned or abused for the sake of Alva sending yet another of her characters to hide from "the menace of the One Sith" among the Republic. (Like that's worked out for the Republic. *winkwink*)

Upon my return to activity, I was informed by other writers of the actions of Alva and what she had been trying to do with the faction. Taking it in a direction entirely opposite of what it was building up to or the reasons behind that build up. Even going so far as to utilize gifts and submissions created solely for the sake of building the GE faction's interest and capabilities and using them to aid a faction (the Republic) that the GE had no reason to affiliate with.

Which, in my book, is meta as hell.

I looked around and, as best I could find, there was little to no formal activity from the GE itself. No faction threads were taking place and most of the writers and characters had sold themselves off as members of another faction. On top of that, there were already two successful imperial factions that had sprung up in my absence. The Imperium, a minor faction. And the First Order, a major faction.

Due to there being a number of alternative faction options for the writers to participate in, and because I could not stand to see Alva continue to tarnish the name of what I had tried to build, I shut down the faction OOC. One day, I may return to the concept and attempt to rebuild from the ashes. But for now... Alva has truly killed what I tried to build.

To her and her allies who wished to be a minor faction under the Republic. There is nothing stopping you from creating a new OOC faction that more accurately represents the IC reality of what you had been roleplaying. The Crina Imperial Pillow Party, 42'nd Political Party of the Galactic Republic.

To anyone else who had still remained interested in what I had tried to build, I apologize that you were affected by this action. I encourage you to reach out to either the Imperium or the First Order and join them in their activities, as both seem to be solid choices for Imperial roleplaying and full of fairly competent and interesting writers. And both seem fully open to the idea as embracing you as members of their faction.

But I could simply no longer tolerate the IC and OOC idiocy of [member="Alva Calvarona"].

Taa Nul

CEO of Kamigen Incorporated
Sad to hear the Remnant is gone, but thank you for all the great work you put in to keeping it running. Your always welcome among the First Order, should you like. :)

[member="Caius Flavian"]

I'll be honest, I tried joining the Remnant and yes I failed. I saw what was listed in the post by @T'yr Dellos and backed away. It wasn't an Empire anymore but something else entirely. I wanted to see the Empire of old, stormtroopers, star destroyers and evilness shrouded in an image of a cause worth fighting for.

Hence the First Order was made.

It is sad to know that the Empire no longer exists, but please Imperial writers know that there is still a place that will allow you that feel with open arms. We may not be called the Galactic Empire but we have Stormtroopers, Star Destroyers and even top secret research labs. Damn we even have an entire faction starting up to resist us.

You never know there may even be the chance that from the First Order the ashes of the Remnant may yet survive and become something stronger.

Sadface.

[member="Caius Flavian"], [member="Mason Deschart"] [member="T'yr Dellos"] and anyone else with the Imperial Remnant, you have my sympathies. Very sorry to hear about how you were treated by both the board administrators as well as fellow members. I've been there too, and it quite honestly sucks.

I hope you all strongly consider joining the First Order. As much as it sucks to lose the faction you slaved over for the past year, a door closing also brings new opportunities. Our faction was made exactly with characters like yours in mind. You guys belong with us and we all belong in one faction - together. Imperials unite!

Vanya Lyekova

V
[member="T'yr Dellos"] - Thanks for saying that. When I joined the Faction I immediately noticed something was not right OOC. And about two weeks in I kept getting these absolutely insane PMs. So I left that Faction as hard as I could. Hard pass. Hard pass.

But I feel bad now because had I reached out and just communicated with a few more people about the issue? I might have actually been able to see what was really going on. Anyway. Cheers to the people who were there. Here's to a brighter future. :D

[member="Caius Flavian"]

I know how difficult it is to keep a faction together on this website. I think the introduction of the new film and the First Order revived any motivation to create an Imperial faction on this site, so kudos to the people that seized that opportunity. [member="Ludolf Vaas"] was with me when I tried to keep the New Order alive, so you have my commiserations.

I think the First Order is the best chance we have of continuing the Imperial dream. I don't know who took over the IR faction and renamed it, but it was a dick move. I disagree with T'yr writer. Alva has been a very dedicated member to the faction, which is more than anyone else can say.

As I get my thoughts together, it was also unfortunate that your irl pulled you away from the faction, Caius. I'm just glad you got home safe and that you're able to continue writing on Chaos.

I left the faction some time ago. I started the Imperial Remnant with the idea of creating a true Imperial faction. Initially we chose a more pacifist IC line so that we could grow, but the intention was always for Imperial domination of the galaxy. We were playing a political game, a game of public opinion. It was great.

And then certain people started getting power hungry. It wasn't really the hunger, though, it was what they were doing. Alva just wanted to RP a lesbian imperial harem. She was dragging all of our new female characters into it, and turning every faction RP into a harem love thread. That was the main reason I left. My now ex-wife wasn't even satiated by my leaving RP, so quitting for that reason meant little.

Honestly I'm surprised things went this long.

I see. Well, I hardly think it's the biggest condemnation which is in this thread.

For instance, I would have thought there would be other ways one might go than 'ban all members and try to delete the faction'.

Either way. Good luck to those going forward.

Valiens Nantaris said:
Huh? What did we do?

Mason Deschart said:
[member="Valiens Nantaris"]
I think he was referencing the waiting for a month to hear about getting major again.

Valiens Nantaris said:
I see. Well, I hardly think it's the biggest condemnation which is in this thread.

For instance, I would have thought there would be other ways one might go than 'ban all members and try to delete the faction'.

Either way. Good luck to those going forward.

I am going to go out on a limb here and stake a claim that the time from between Minor and Major has no impact what so ever on the success of a faction In Character or Out. It is the members and the Faction leadership that determine success.

At the same time a single member love or hate them should never be able to sink a Faction. No one person should be more important than the whole.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom