Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Empire of Lies

5m5qOKV.png

22:34
Ession
Grand Temple

The smell of incense and sterilizing agents greeted him as his eyes drifted open for what felt like the first time in a millennium. Coherence came second to wakefulness, and at first, he only registered smears of color and mindless sputtering's of noise. A moment later and he became aware of the thundering of his own pulse, and the delirious worry that his heart might well beat out of his chest. A few blinks and a series of deep breaths steadied his mind, and he came to recognize that he was laying in some form of meditation chamber. The room was large enough for several people to walk through abreast of one another, with featureless black metal walls that reached upward in a circular pattern that resembled the inside of a cone if one were to look up. The lack of right angles in the architecture immediately presented it as alien in design, though Cedric understood it so well as to make it banal.

He glanced down to his body and found that he was immersed up to his neck in an inky black substance. It rippled with tiny waves as he tried to move his limbs, though he found himself lacking the strength to free himself from its depths. His muscles had atrophied in his slumber, and the black liquid weighed heavily upon his body, making movement beyond light shifts impossible.

Cedric drew in a deep breath, tilted his head back to stare up at the cone-ceiling, and watched as his breath turned white in the icy air. He was entombed in a Heelen Séi, a healing chamber employed by the Essonian people to mend terrible wounds and cure fatal illnesses for thousands of years. The black water was not water at all, but rather the sap of the force sensitive trees that grew in Ession's most spiritual places. The Ashlan priesthood managed all the sites now, and the rare sap was reserved for only the most terrible of cases. Whilst capable of otherworldly healing properties, immersion within the sap also brings intense hallucinations. Some undergo intense religious experiences, others live entire lives within their own minds, and the few lucky enough to be touched by the empyrean might be visited by the Ashla herself. There were enough among the priesthood that managed and lived within the sap for their entire lives in search of enlightenment.

He wondered why he'd initially chosen to be entombed within the Heelen Séi. The experience had been a terribly painful one, though the pain was more emotional than it was physical. It left him feeling raw and exposed, as if he had been placed under the scrutiny of some forlorn god and been found wanting.

"I suppose that's exactly what happened," he muttered, his voice deep and creaking from the lack of moisture in the air. It sounded alien to him, but then this entire experience was rather alien. This could very well be another deeply vivid hallucination and he'd have no idea of it.

The solitary door to the chamber hissed open, warm air and cool blue light rushing through the portal as a priestess stumbled through the darkness. "Mäi Keeser, du bass waakreg?" she asked tentatively in commoner's Essonian.

"I am," he replied in basic, "How long have I been in the pool?"

"Six months my kaiser." She spoke with the uncertainty of someone barely familiar with the language.

"Inform Demici, Faust, and Draellix that I am still alive. Do not inform the ministers or anyone else until I say otherwise. " He instinctively tried to shift his hands about as he directed her and found himself frustrated at his current immobility. He tended to speak as much with his hands as he did his voice.

"As you wish." The door hissed quietly as it closed behind her. It halted suddenly, the hinges whining for a moment before returning to their ports with a gesture of Cedric's will. The priestess jumped back at the display, a slight look of fear coloring her features as she glanced back at him. The Essonian's brow furrowed, and he smiled apologetically, "Sorry, I meant to trigger the door's motion sensor and stop it from closing. I suppose I overdid it." That had been his true intention. He supposed it would take time to sharpen his abilities once again. "Send a message to the empress of the Eternal Empire via our secure channels. I need to speak with her in person if the relations between our nations have remained pleasant."

"I believe Grand Admiral Draellix has invited their delegation to her villa for lifeday, so I would imagine so."

"Lifeday? It has been six months hasn't it. I... I'll have to be caught up on that. That's all, thank you." She offered a nod and made her exit.

Alone once more, Cedric stared up into the darkness and pondered what had become of his burgeoning empire in his absence.

Heinrich Faust Heinrich Faust , Pietro Demici Pietro Demici , Isla Draellix-Kobitana Isla Draellix-Kobitana , Ingrid L'lerim Ingrid L'lerim

Lady Ingrid L’lerim Ragal Terassi Vandiir
Eternal Empress of the Eternal Empire, Lord Commander of the Wardens of the Shroud, Archon of the Primyn Group
Empress of Terraris, Supreme Commander of the Terraris Command, Head of the House L’lerim, CEO of the HPI Consortium
mUoTieq.png
Objective: Speak with the AC High Command
Equipment: The Soulsabers (hidden) | Hersir Imperial Uniform | The Last Gift || Empyrean gland | OPBC-01m
Tags: Cedric Grayson Cedric Grayson | Heinrich Faust Heinrich Faust | Pietro Demici Pietro Demici | Isla Draellix-Kobitana Isla Draellix-Kobitana | Eina L'lerim-Vandiir Eina L'lerim-Vandiir
dRUm20K.png
[ The Misty Mountains Cold ]
<"High Nelvaanian"> | ~ telepathic communication ~ | << comm. channel >>

Ingrid was just in the Netherworld when she sensed something, something or someone was calling her through the Force. She used to ignore things like that because she didn’t care how the Force tried to use her as a puppet, but that was different now. The red-haired woman had just finished at the Masque with the things she wanted to do here. Among other things, like talking to Dis or buying some of the components and ingredients only available here for rituals and the like. Not specifically for Dark Side rituals, just for general, for research and science.

Because yes, she was still looking for a way to bring Adrian back. In the Realspace it has happened, his death a little over six years ago this was the time to Eina's "birth" as well…

As usual, she tried to ignore the call, which was even stronger for the second time. And now it's familiar. She knew where the call came from and from whom. Using her ability, Ingrid immediately created a rift on the fabric of reality and slipped into Realspace. The pain was immediately felt when she arrived at the place of the call. When the Crown of Ashla was formed, Ingrid almost died in it, only the Valkyrja's crystal saved her life.

She didn’t have it now, so she was in hellish pain because of the Nexus; as if the Light Side wanted to tear her to a thousand pieces. The Sith's "gift" to her, it was Onrai's and the Left Handed God's sister's gift. Ingrid knew Adrian loved what had become then, but she didn't want to bear that burden alone. True, if that didn’t happen, Eina might not exist either. So maybe there was something good about it all. The existence of her daughter for sure was good.

Upon her arrival, guards appeared almost immediately; well yes, again she did not choose the official path, but she did not hide herself. And the soldiers led her to where she needed to be. To the place of the call. As soon as the door opened and the red-haired woman entered, she could feel the man's presence and see her. The Force did not lie; before that she strongly doubted that the call was real. According to what she saw, it was real, yes. Ingrid stepped closer and nodded to the other ruler. This meeting is likely to be friendlier than their first meeting at Ziost.

"Lord Grayson!" she said in surprise, and it was clear from her voice that she was in pain, though she did not show it. Even the surprise was strange to anyone, because she always had great control over her emotions. "Then this is the unexpected reunion! I’m glad you woke up and healthy again!"

Ession will be her grave one day, she was sure of that…

YbCOyAa.png

nBtOGGm.gif

Guardian Angel | Light of Ashla
Lady Eina L'lerim-Vandiir
The First and the Light of Ashla

Heiress and Princess of the Eternal Empire and Terraris; Angelic Mascot and Representative of the Ashlan Crusade
Eternal Empire's Ambassador to the Ashlan Crusade; Matriarch of the Valkyrja; Leader of Sanctuary and the Fjölkyngi Smiđr Guild
DBuss3a.png
Equipment: Sverð Fyrstr (swords) | Ljósspjót (spear) | Skrúð Engill Fyrstr (armour) || Empyrean gland | OPBC-01m || Current appearance
Writing With: Cedric Grayson Cedric Grayson | Heinrich Faust Heinrich Faust | Pietro Demici Pietro Demici | Isla Draellix-Kobitana Isla Draellix-Kobitana | Ingrid L'lerim Ingrid L'lerim
5dt1Tto.png
[ Preliator ]

Since then, Eina has been visiting Cedric every day since that day; she also spoke to him almost every day, telling him what had happened in the empire that day. She knew there was little chance of the man hearing it, but it was a pleasant feeling and a relief for Valkyrja as well. Or she repeatedly tried to pray for Ashla to take care of the man. Previously, she did this only for Gei. As she gained more strength and healed, she also tried to heal the man’s injuries that the Nexus hadn’t yet healed, both physical and mental. Or she tried to find a way for the man to wake up or for Heinrich to talk to him.

To do all this, she tuned in well enough to the man's aura. This was not unusual; it was possible, especially if one took care of the other. That's why Eina was able to feel it when the man woke up. At first she did not want to believe what she felt, but some of the Valkyrja, who kept the monarch's dream invisibly and immaterial at the woman's command, appeared to her with the same news. Now she was sure Lord Cedric Grayson had really woken up.

~ Gei, he woke up! Lord Grayson woke up! I'll go and check! ~ she sent a quick message to her beloved, Geiseric Geiseric , before going to Realspace.

Not knowing anything about her mother being here, Eina also arrived at the church. However, when the guards saw the girl, all they said was where to go. She was not accompanied, the Valkyrja was very well known to everyone here. She didn’t have time at home to unload, so she arrived in armour and with swords on her back. Her spear was in her hand and so she ran down the hall. The knights, or the guards still didn't stop her and she just followed the man's aura. The Valkyrja paused for a moment as she sensed her mother's presence as well. Eina sighed wearily, why she was here?

She soon arrived at the room where Lord Grayson and Lady Ingrid were. The door opened and she entered. The Valkyrja had seen the man there for now and indeed her mother. She felt the other red-haired woman's pain because of the Nexus. So she didn't go there to hug her mother. For now, Eina was also a Lightsider, and her aura shone in a beautiful golden light in the Force, as if the light of Ashla had really surrounded her.

"In Ashla's name, you finally woke up, Lord Grayson!" said joyfully, after Ingrid's cold voice, Eina's voice was the same, only full of kind and full emotions. "And why are you here? Sooner or later, the Nexus will kill you!" she scolded her mother.

As she got closer, Eina saluted her mother in the traditional Eternal Imperial way. Clenched fist over her "heart", in the continent of the Eternal Imperial military and fleet. Then as she got closer, still holding the spear, the Valkyjra descended to half of her knees in front of Lord Grayson and lowered her head. This would probably not have been necessary because she was now the heir to the throne of the Eternal Empire and Terraris, a future empress, and also the ruler of her own people, and she held many other positions even in the Ashlan Crusade too. But she felt she had to honour the man with that.

"My Lord! I hope Ashla will take care of you and guide you in the future too and shine your reign!" she said kindly.

Gc0h2xK.png

flnnNc5.png

Adobe-Post-20211211-1218590-7929979372101158.png

5m5qOKV.png

Isla stood in a conference room aboard the Ashla's Might, surrounded by senior Captain's from the Grand Fleet. This meeting had gone on far too long for her tastes, but it needed to be done, it was hard to present a cohesive fleet when stretched further and further across growing Ashlan space. Nearby her flagship were stationed several of her battlecruisers and an assortment of other vessels of those officers close enough to attend in person. The room was however, mostly filled with holographic representations of more distant commanders.

SAINT buzzed in her mind about a priority one communication, marked top secret. "I am sorry ladies and gentlemen, we will have to reconvene shortly while I take a comm from high command. Ashla be with you, fleet dismissed."

She walked off into her private briefing room and accepted the message. A hologram appeared before her. Cedric was alive and was awake! This was important news, she had also been summoned to see him, SAINT quickly calculated she was just over three days away at best speed, so holo it was. "SAINT, privacy mode please, and please put me through to the return address.".

On Ession, the crab like holo walker approached Cedric Grayson Cedric Grayson Eina L'lerim-Vandiir Eina L'lerim-Vandiir and Ingrid L'lerim Ingrid L'lerim and the glowing form of the Grand Admiral hummed into existence. Isla looked at Cedric, she didn't remember the last time she saw him "My Lord, it is wonderful to see you, my apologies that I am too distant to be there in person, but I will return to Ession as soon as I am able. Ashla be praised." she bowed at the waist to her lord. They had a lot to discuss, she was suprised to see the Empress at his side before either her or Lord Demici had been able to attend, he knew they were close but it felt a little improper that the first person to converse with him would be a foreign leader and not the people that had ruled the Crusade in his absence, but it was not her place, and she was not a petty woman. She nodded her head to the Empress and to Eina and greeted them too respectfully.

5m5qOKV.png

There were wounds that even the Heelen Séi could not fully repair. The synth flesh along the left side of his face had slowly evaporated within the depths, revealing the cybernetic casing that replaced the bits of bone in his skull that had been lost in conflicts long since passed. He became keenly aware that his left arm was similarly missing - the cybernetic limb had likely been removed before his submergence.

He'd certainly not expected the arrival of the empress so quickly. Last he'd seen of her was back on Ziost, and that might as well have been a thousand years ago for all he knew. "I'm glad I have as well," he offered the redheaded woman a slight smile, "I had wanted to speak with you about the state of our alliance. Moreover, if it had been retained in my absence, though given your presence here I can only assume that it has been." That was one minor curiosity scratched off the list. There were other things he intended for her, but they would come in time. Eina L'lerim-Vandiir Eina L'lerim-Vandiir 's arrival stirred him from his thoughts.

He'd spoken to her only briefly in the past, though he knew well of her. The girl's presence within the empyrean was one he had become subconsciously familiar with during his slumber, and that was about the only reason he'd not made a fuss when she came barging in dressed for a war. "Ah, the Valkyjra. Thank you for watching over me during my sleep. Your dedication is boundless it seems."

The whirring of mechanical servos and the clack of metal on the tiled floor made the Essonian raise a brow curiously. That curiosity melted away to pleasantry as Isla Draellix-Kobitana Isla Draellix-Kobitana 's holographic from greeted him. "That you've not waited at my side every day for the past few months is disappointing Grand Admiral. I had hoped all the women of the Crusade would fawn over me while I was injured." The greeting dripped with good-hearted sarcasm. He shifted about in the pool, attempting to rise, but found his limbs were still too weak. "I've been away for some time. What has happened in my absence?"

Ingrid L'lerim Ingrid L'lerim

Last edited:
Lady Ingrid L’lerim Ragal Terassi Vandiir
Eternal Empress of the Eternal Empire, Lord Commander of the Wardens of the Shroud, Archon of the Primyn Group
Empress of Terraris, Supreme Commander of the Terraris Command, Head of the House L’lerim, CEO of the HPI Consortium
mUoTieq.png
Equipment: The Soulsabers (hidden) | Hersir Imperial Uniform | The Last Gift || Empyrean gland | OPBC-01m
Tags: Cedric Grayson Cedric Grayson | Heinrich Faust Heinrich Faust | Pietro Demici Pietro Demici | Isla Draellix-Kobitana Isla Draellix-Kobitana | Eina L'lerim-Vandiir Eina L'lerim-Vandiir
dRUm20K.png
[ The Misty Mountains Cold ]

"Grand Admiral!" she nodded to the appearing woman.

The red-haired woman greeted Eina with a nod to the salute and returned it. She wanted to hug her daughter, but there were already too many people in the room. Ingrid was always cool and distant. She didn’t even make an ambiguous move with Tubrok either, when others could see them. She also returned the faint smile with a faint smile. After all, she had once asked the man that if she ever became a Sith, Cedric would kill her. The smile was appropriate in this situation.

"Not that anyone could have prevented me from getting in here, even if the alliance didn't exist." she said. "But you are not mistaken, Lord Grayson, we signed the official documents of our alliance a few weeks ago. On Ziost, in the old Sith Senate building."

She said the place deliberately, as it was indicative. It was there that the relationship between the two factions began, and it was sealed there as well. Probably the man couldn't have chosen a better place for this than Ziost. What happened while he slept? She looked at Isla; that was not what the Empress had to say. She wanted to say something different to the man.

"I have some good news for you that will definitely help you heal. I captured Darth Carnifex Darth Carnifex not so long ago. I handed him over to Ashlan Crusade and the prisoner of war arrived at Bosph. I personally handed him over to Lord Demici." she told the man and in the end she even allowed herself a predatory smile despite her pain.

She already mentioned the alliance, moreover, this was what the Eternal Empire was interested in. Last but not least, the woman was no longer in a position to inform anyone about anything. She just shook her head at sarcasm, if the emperor was able to make a joke in this situation, then yes, he really feels better…

YbCOyAa.png

nBtOGGm.gif

Guardian Angel | Light of Ashla
Lady Eina L'lerim-Vandiir
The First and the Light of Ashla

Heiress and Princess of the Eternal Empire and Terraris; Angelic Mascot and Representative of the Ashlan Crusade
Eternal Empire's Ambassador to the Ashlan Crusade; Matriarch of the Valkyrja; Leader of Sanctuary and the Fjölkyngi Smiđr Guild
DBuss3a.png
Equipment: Sverð Fyrstr (swords) | Ljósspjót (spear) | Skrúð Engill Fyrstr (armour) || Empyrean gland | OPBC-01m || Current appearance
Writing With: Cedric Grayson Cedric Grayson | Heinrich Faust Heinrich Faust | Pietro Demici Pietro Demici | Isla Draellix-Kobitana Isla Draellix-Kobitana | Ingrid L'lerim Ingrid L'lerim
5dt1Tto.png
[ Preliator ]

After the greeting, Eina got up from her knees and stepped back a little. She propped the spear to the ground, but still held it in her hand. She smiled kindly at Cedric's words. According to them, the man had heard her words, or at least sensed that she was here. Although Eina had not actually been able to contact him, this fact alone was reassuring to the Valkyrja.

"I just did my duty, my Lord. It was the least after you were one of the firsts who accepted me in the Ashlan Crusade, despite who my parents were." she said modestly. "I was just trying to help you, but not with much success. And I promised Lord Heinrich that I would do my best to make the two of you talk again one day."

Last but not least, someone had to try to do something. Something that goes beyond traditional medicine. And Eina had proficiency in it. She was happy to help, only to regret that there was no result from what she did. She looked up when she heard the metallic knocking sound. Smiled again when she saw who was "coming" through the holographic display.

"Lady Isla, I'm glad to see you!" she greeted her friend with a nod.

She looked at the audience in confusion at the ironic and sarcastic remark. As usual, the Valkyrja didn't understand these things now. She didn't even know what to say about it. Or is there anything to be said for that at all. In the end, she spoke involuntarily.

"That would have been very indecent, since you are the ruler… and could not have been realised because of the tank…" she said in confusion at Cedric's sarcastic remark.

Unfortunately, she could not answer the last question very much; Eina cared most about her own recovery and spent most of her time at Netherworld with Gei or here in this chamber to guard the Emperor, so she listened a little confused now after her previous words. However she noticed that the man was trying to move, but he could not.

"Can I help you get out of the liquid?" she asked selflessly.

Gc0h2xK.png

flnnNc5.png

Tags: Cedric Grayson Cedric Grayson , Ingrid L'lerim Ingrid L'lerim , Isla Draellix-Kobitana Isla Draellix-Kobitana

5m5qOKV.png

The halls of the new cathedral were alive with the sound of busywork. The building process had been a slow one, but as they grew closer to the final days of building, Pietro felt that the effort had been worth it. There was much to do on Ession, but with the new cathedral in working order, the people would have a symbol to warm their hearts. Pietro himself had been going over plans for the final touches on the building, when one of the clergy approached him.

"Your imminence, I have an important message. It's from Lord Grayson."

Pietro stopped in his tracks, his mind taking a moment to process what he had just heard. Could it be? Had the Ashlan leader truly awoken?

"A miracle, to be sure. I assume he has requested my presence."

He was met with a simple nod.

"Very well, best not to keep him waiting."

The cardinal had hurried to Cedric's healing chamber, taking care to keep his presence minimal as he made his way through the building. He wasn't entirely sure that Cedric would want his recovery fully known to the public yet, so he would maintain secrecy until instructed otherwise. As he entered the room, Pietro noticed that the Eternal Empress herself had arrived, much to the cardinal's surprise. Others had gathered as well, all standing around the man that had sacrificed so much for the Crusade. As Pietro approached, he met Cedric with a bow.

"Lord Grayson, Ashla truly smiles upon us all today. It is good to see you in better health."

He addressed his fellow crusaders next, meeting them with a smile.

"Always a pleasure, Eina. And you as well, Grand Admiral."

His gaze finally fell upon the empress herself, his tone remaining cordial as he spoke.

"Had I known that you would be entertaining us with your presence, I would have set up accommodations."

Turning back to Cedric, Pietro nodded as Ingrid spoke of the alliance.

"We ratified the treaty, as you wished. Just in time as well. We plan to move on New Kaas City in the coming weeks, and the Empire's knowledge of the area will be invaluable."

There was so much to catch up on, but for now, Pietro would allow Cedric some time to get his bearings. The cardinal was simply glad to see him in better health.

5m5qOKV.png

Adobe-Post-20211211-1218590-7929979372101158.png

Cedric Grayson Cedric Grayson Ingrid L'lerim Ingrid L'lerim Pietro Demici Pietro Demici Eina L'lerim-Vandiir Eina L'lerim-Vandiir
5m5qOKV.png

Demici came into the room and greeted them all, Isla was glad that he had arrived, he needed to be present as soon as possible, He had stepped into big shoes to ensure the smooth running of the Crusade and for Cedric's awaking to progress without him could be a great insult. "My Lord Demici, it is good to see you, I hope construction on Ession is progressing well. My business with the Sith attacks bear Oricon has been completed successfully and I am just in the process of reassigning sector fleets. I will return to Ession immediately"

She turned back to Cedric, her flagship had a full walk in holosuite so all of the projections were around her as if she was present in person, which made conversation much easier. The whole suite had also reconfigured itself to the layout of the room she was projecting into. She was very pleased that Grayson, despite his weakened state was already making jokes. This was a good sign indeed. "we ladies did all consider it my Lord, but after we had you undressed, we all realised it was probably more important to keep the Crusade running smoothly, we hope you understand" There was a grin on her face from the good natured jab. "There is so much to tell, I can debrief you fully at your leisure, but the short version is that the Crusade is growing in strength and has made excellent progress into the Stygian Caldera. As you are painfully aware, the operation at Panatha did not go as planned, but we have moved on and adjusted. Ashlan space now contains many worlds that used to be Sith Strongholds. As Lord Demici has said, we will be striking Dromuund Kaas soon, and there are also other plans in the works which I would prefer to discuss later when the plans are more concrete"

Isla adressed the Empress next, her presence was the real reason she didn't want to blurt out every plan they might have, despite their alliance, the Crusade still needed to keep some secrets, as she was certain the Empress would understand entirely. "It is good to have you here Your Highness, my understanding is that being here is dangerous to you, so I appreciate the gesture of friendship to my Lord and hope you are not in too much discomfort."

"And how about you, Eina, my friend? Is your recovery progressing well? I hope you remember my offer to come and stay with me in Lur for some peace and tranquility is always open."

5m5qOKV.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom