Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you prefer to play Force Users or Non Force users

Do you Prefer to play NFUs or FUs?

• Total voters
I enjoy Force Users simply for the fact that there are more options for my character to pursue. And, I like the added mysticism of it. I've always been a fantasy writer, and a lover of science fiction's technical detail, so Star Wars Force Users offers the best of both.

Non-Force users.

I've always felt that there's a certain poetry about writing with the Force, and I'm not at all poetic, in fact I'm a blunt blunt spoon.

But I'm also awful at technology, which requires knowledge and common sense and technology is an NFU's best friend.

I should just be a rock.

The Force is everything. I didn't come here to play with a typical person. I could do that in any other RP board. But the Force is what makes Star Wars for me. That is the reason. Also, I have never liked playing typical people.

EDIT: A few more. I am a person who prefers having "the ladder". You know, progression. Force Users have a cool rank progression and that is what I love about them. They are more than just somebody who have too much freedom as NFUs have. I don't like playing with a character who can't advance. And since NFUs don't have a set rank progression, I don't feel like they can advance in any way.

Rank Progression = Character Advancement

Well, out of my two mains, Moira's the one I actually consistently like, whereas Sio annoys me a lot!

On a more relevant level, I like playing an overpowered space wizard. Then again, when it comes to Sio there's no mystical element, she mainly uses the Force to turn into a force of nature and crush opposition.

NFUs are fun as well, especially since there's more of a challenge involved writing them. I'd be happy if there was an NFU major faction other than the Mandos that can hold its own against the forcer-dominated ones. Of course, my one NFU main, Moira, is not exactly 'normal'.

Overall I prefer non-force users because they allow me to play with the technology more, feels wrong being too reliant on technology as a force user. That said it is satisfying waving around a lightstick and severing a few heads from their bodies. :p

Evasion Studios
I prefer a hodgepodge of characters of both natures. However I find a difficulty in actually training my characters in the Force Usage. So I try and be unique with the Force in my characters, not really sticking to something traditional.

Val`Sion is my Order-less wandering Force Warrior - allowing me to write the Force like a guiding presence without delving into the details of it.

Blitz combines drugs with natural force affinity - thus making him blithely unaware he's using it, and can only access it with custom spice, that unlocks the potential for hazy visions.

Harland is a former Jedi who had turned his back on the Force, and barely has a glimmer of it. This method gives him a rare usage here or there, rejecting it's necessity.

Nazo is the only character I am working with in a training fashion. Though his learning will come discovering all the new facets and abilities he's never witnessed or seen before.

Give anyone superman's powers, and they can wreak havoc.
Batman dosen't have any powers.
He beat superman.

It takes some creativity to make non-force-users badass, but when they are it pays off. Just look at Chewbacca... they had to drop a MOON on him.

Arturious Engel

A
I like to play whatever get's me the highest chance of RP. In my case that means neither as far as SWRP is concerned.

Darth Armyss

Nobleman, Sith, and Womanizer
Actually I don't really have a preference. Sure my only character here right now is force sensitive, but I've played "badass normals" elsewhere.

Stephanie Swail

Look what they've done to my dream
I like posting as a FU simply because I feel it gives you more to work with, that and the majority of others are FUs and I find playing a NFU agains them sometimes results in dead-ends.

BUT I prefer a NFU as I can play a character more to how I would feel and think as a human with no powers - just the tools on me and a brain and that's it.

I write both and I truly do not have a preference but I had to vote for when since I do lean more in one direction. I have just written Garith for to damn long. Hell I even tired to retire him once and killed off. That did not work out so well because I missed the grumpy old bastard and I brought him back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom