Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do You Know What I Know? (Siobhan)

"Well, I can't really argue with that, not at all darling." The two of them had both been very lucky when it came to that. Both beautiful women who enjoyed one another's company and who complimented each other so well. Not only that both if them deeply loved and cared for the other. "And yes, it is."

Miren then nodded as the speeder took off. "Unfortunately, it seems the Caldathor clan may be tied into something, but what I'm not exactly sure. There have been several large transaction, withdrawals from their family account into what appears to be shell companies. Which if you trace it far enough it leads back to a radical religious group. What exactly it all means, I'm not entirely sure. I'm still working that out, trying to figure why such large amounts were paid out and why. But yeah .. not even a day into this and I'm already digging stuff up."

[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"]

[member="Mirien Valdier"]

Siobhan looked rather annoyed at the revelation. "Can't the world give me one night of pleasure with a woman I love?" she asked rhetorically, sounding quite grumpy. There was a pause as she went over the possibilities, thinking. "That is concerning. It could just be scheming aristos being their usual self, or something more concerning. Tarissa's grandmother and mother were tied to the radicals who backed Nalia's coup, but the link was not tight enough to warrant them losing their heads."

The coup in question was the brief civil war that had developed after Tirathana the Sixth, Anya and Silaqui's mother, passed away. Anya had returned from exile to support her sister Silaqui against a coup led by their cousin Nalia, who was the leader of the old guard that believed foreigners were enemies of the Goddess. Nalia had lost and gotten her head chopped off by Siobhan.

"They're known partisans of the old guard and religious radicals. Well, that goes for most of the clan, but they've kept their nose clean. But now with the apocalypse looming over Kaeshana, that could change. Tarissa is a fundamentalist but she's also practical and doesn't even like most of her family." Of course, it could be argued that Siobhan might have a blind spot when it came to the noblewoman because she looked like Adril. Something enemies could possibly exploit for their own ends.

By now the speeder had left behind Santaissa and was swooping down from high up in the sky as the palatial mountain retreat came into view. It lay deep in the mountains surrounded by beautiful gardens, less a villa and more like a small palace, for it was the property of Countess Caridwen Sylvari, one of the richest ladies of Kaeshana. As the number of speeders outside showed, it was already a full house, and as their own craft came down to land the two lovebirds would see countless beautifully dressed Eldorai noblewomen entering the building, sometimes accompanied by bodyguards or by what appeared to be courtesans. The grounds were guarded by ridiculously beautiful but imposing, amazonian looking Eldorai guards

"I wish it could just give us one night. Unfortunately things like this, don't stop just cause we want to have a lovely evening together." She sighed, brushing some of her hair back from her face. "Agreed. It could be either and that is what bothers me." Mirien then nodded, "I see. Was not familiar with the coup attempt." It was hardly her world, and the history she was only vaguely at best familiar with.

"My gut tells me, this isn't the usual aristo line of crap. I feel there is something more going on. Just right now, I can't pull the documents out and tie them directly to anything more than shell companies and one radical group." Another sigh fell from the brunette, "However Sio, that can change. She could always find a cause that suits her and go after it, if it is within her means." It went without saying that Mirien trusted very few people. And certainly most Eldorai did not get any measure of trust from her. It was a simple matter of Mirien never trusting the people she did not know. Admittedly there was a lot of people in the galaxy that she did not know, a thought that did give her much concern.

"Just be careful, you can never be too certain." Of course, Mirien did always tend to see the possible knife in the dark, mildly paranoid in that manner. Being a spy, paranoid kept her alive this long. She was hardly going to abandon that now.

With the retreat in view, their driver landed the car and Mirien stepped out first. Reaching back inside the speeder, she offered her hand to help Siobhan out. "Come along, dear. We've a party to attend where our troubles can be forgotten." If only she had a small clue as to what was waiting for them this night. Before them were a few minions, and well-endowed slaves. Beautiful women, low cut dresses, such marvelous goods on display. And muscular men, topless for their pleasure. Mirien couldn't help but smile at the sight, with her mind wandering to more lusty thoughts.

Siobhan did not like what Mirien was telling her, but try as she might, she could not dismiss her claims. Fact was that Eldorai aristos were the scheming sort. More to the point, many were either religious fanatics or always eager to use religion as a smoke-screen to cloak and advance their ambitions. More to the point, Mirien was an experienced spy and as such more familiar with the cloak and dagger world than she was. This was one of the reasons why they complimented each other so well.

Moreover, she was touched by her lover's vigilance. It was an unfamiliar feeling for Siobhan, who was used to being the protector instead of the other way round. However, much to her surprise she found that she did not mind the feeling. Perhaps she was slowly starting to learn to delegate and to accept that she was not all-powerful and a matter of fact did not need to be. So she gave Mirien a smile when the car landed and her lover gallantly offered her hand to help Siobhan out.

"Thank you, love. And...you're right to be suspicious. Much as I hate it, the court is a nest of vipers. It's sweet that you're watching out for me like that," she said sweetly, though her words were genuine. "Let's enjoy the party. It's our night." With Mirien's help she stepped out of the speeder and walked towards the entrance of the estate, hand in hand with her lover, though she was still forced to use her cane. The sound of classical music echoed from the halls of the villa inside, but for now Siobhan's attention was far more focused on the delicious buffet of gourgeous women, wearing low-cut dresses that put their bountiful assets on full display and with mischievous smiles on their faces, and strongly-built men, whose topless state put their muscular chests and broad shoulders on broad display.

Yes, dear reader, you read that right. Siobhan was not just oggling the females, but manlings as well! Oh, and yes, her mind was inevitably wandering to very lusty thoughts. To her it was a buffet of lust and she could not wait to gourge herself on the delightful feast. Undoubtedly these thoughts would not be hidden from Mirien due to the nature of their bond. As she approached a gourgeous, blondehaired elf courtesan and a strongly-built manling along with a purple Twi'lek, the three slaves bowed. Slaves in the consensual sense, of course! It was a form of high-class prostitution. Unlike certain Companions these beauties did not beat around the bush and were open about what services they offered.

"Lady Mistresses, Countess Sylvari bids you greetings. We are here to serve you," the Eldorai girl said politely, a mischievous twinkle in her eyes as she looked upon the two humans. Sio's eyes were inevitably drawn to her voluptous chest and the girl was so nice to briefly turn to give the couple a view of her butt. Conveniently the wind was blowing her way and raised her skirt a little!

"Command us in any way you see desire," the manling spoke, his voice was deep and very masculine, his body that of a prize boxer, but his tone and very stance radiated submissiveness. Clearly the sort of man a rich and very horny noblewoman would keep around as her love slave.

"We have been initiated into the Tantric Rites of Ardarvia. You'll have no complaints," the purple-skinned Twi'lek added eagerly, eyeing Mirien lustily. "But none of our Mistresses have been as beautiful as you two. It will be a delight to serve you."

Siobhan grinned from ear to ear and briefly glanced over to Mirien. "We're gonna have so much fun tonight," she said happily, giving her lover's hand a squeeze before she approached the Twi'lek. "Tantric Rites, huh?" Her hand lovingly stroked the woman's beautiful lekku, which made her purr like a cat, before travelling down her back and inspecting her shapely butt. Apparently Siobhan was in the mood to inspect the merchandise. "Lovely," she spoke lustily before giving both cheeks a good grope and a hard slap. A hand briefly travelled over her chest before she pulled the girl into a heated, passionate kiss, with the Twi'lek embracing her.

Then Siobhan released the courtesan and turned to the Eldorai manling. For a few moments Siobhan's expression seemed...a lot shyer, as was shown in her stance. Then she grabbed him by the hair, something which made him gasp. "Where is your place, manling?" she demanded in a commanding tone.

"On my knees under your loving heel, High Lady. Literally, if you wish it. A man's place is under his lady," he spoke obediently. Siobhan raised an amused eyebrow then, after some hesitation and a look at Mirien, slowly ran her hands over his strong shoulders before moving down to his bare chest, feeling the muscles ripples beneath her touch. Sharp, red-coloured fingernails scratched over his flesh. Such lovely strength, but nothing compared to her power, he was a natural slave. Then abruptly she gave the manling a slap across the face, delivering a blow so hard it must have stung.

"Exactly, your place is to serve us. To touch my skin with your crude hands is an honour," she spoke commandingly, then, feeling bold, pulled him closer into a kiss. At first hesitant, then with great fervour. Fear not, kiddies, should anything non-PG-13 happen in this thread, a curtain of pure blackness will fall out of the ether and obscure everything.

In the Darkness there is Truth
Far away from Kaeshana Sumiko was tying up a loose odd. Well, as a matter of fact it seemed to have resolved itself. The Force and her own tracking skills had taken her to the world of Terminus, once a province of the Omega Protectorate before that empire fell from its lofty heights and power passed into the hands of lesser leaders. Her quarry? One Naamah Aesham. In retrospect, despite the woman's shapeshifting skills, it had been easy enough to follow her once you became familiar with her pattern. Namely followed the trail of bodies she left behind in her wake. Sumiko had been seeking her out before she was spirited off into the netherworld. But now that she had picked up the trail again she found there was no sign of her. A Bando Gora cultist whom she had ambushed in a slum had proved somewhat talkative.

"The Immaterium is in flux. Glorious Chaos has claimed the Mistress," he had rambled before she slit his throat and tossed him into a garbage can. Now, at long last, she had found herself inside the house of Aesham. Truth be told Sumiko had never liked the woman much, considering her murderously unstable and frankly childish. However, even she was struck by the sight that greeted her as she searched through the deserted halls. It was...such a waste.

A foul smell came from a plate that contained rotten flesh...among other things what appeared to be a thumb and a piece of Twi'lek lekku. Cannibalism. It was utterly revolting and disgusting. Lack of discipline, no restraint. An exemplar of a being who had fallen completely into senseless depravity. Atrocity not for a purpose, but the mere sake of it. Sumiko crinkled her nose at the smell. Her supposition was that Naamah had been...dining when the netherworld called and seized her. Something further confirmed by the fact that Naamah's mistress bed was unmade, with bedclothes and pillows lying around wildly. In all likelihood this was not a place Naamah owned herself. Rather she had probably murdered the owner and impersonated them.

It was said that in hell death was never final. Maybe the sadistic lunatic was having a jolly time kiling and killing again. It seemed a very fitting end. A book shelf had drawn her attention and after spending some time roughly removing books she had found a resin-coated device. Removing the resin she could finally feel the dark power that was strongly radiating from it, for it was a holocron. She ran a hand over the pyramid-shaped device, her long pianist fingers stroking over it. She recognised the runes engraved upon it as the dark markings of the Bando Gora. Sumiko's nose crinkled in disgust, but she took the device. It was such a pity that arcane knowledge was so often misused by those unworthy of it.

The scent of blood invaded her nostrils, while a sorrowful whimper did the same to her ears and she headed out of the room. Her leather boots made little noise as she walked down the stairs to the basement. The door was locked but an insistent telekinetic forced it open with a loud creak. When Sumiko switched on the light, a most repulsive sight greeted her. Upon a shelf she found that body parts and organs had been stuffed in jars. Here a brain, there a finger and then someone's tongue. As her eyes swept across the room she found the mutilated corpse of what had probably once been a human teenager shackled to the wall. He looked like he had been disembowelled. Given the way his body looked, Sumiko suspected that parts of him had been included in the dinner she had found upstairs. Despite all she had seen, the sight still made her shudder. Upon a table lay a book that was...wait, was it really wrapped in human skin? Oh, yes, it was. Such practices had been common amongst Bando Gora sorcerers, much like certain primitive, cannibalistic tribes. Sumiko idly flipped through the pages, finding that it seemed to be a journal of sorts, where Naamah described her murders in ghastly detail. Cursory examination revealed that it also contained plenty of gushing about [member="Mirien Valdier"].

Like a wild, maddened beast. A child gone mad. Disgusting to see that an Inquisitor could fall so far. She's a disgrace, she thought contemptously. Then suddenly there was a pained, terrified whimper. "P-please...Mistress...I...," Sumiko quickly crossed the distance, seeing a young, very badly bruised and malnourished looking purple Twi'lek girl being tied to her rack. It seemed like she had not eaten in ages, part of her lekku had been sliced off and dried blood was everywhere. Moreover, the stench was terrible. Likewise she was lacking an eye. "I...just...who...I'm s-sorry," the poor girl stammered, evidently terrified and out of her mind. "Y-youre not M-Mistress?" she stuttered badly once she got a look at Sumiko. Pain and fear radiated through her, but there was something else...a sliver of strength in the Force.

"No, your captor is gone. She is not returning," Sumiko said matter-of-factly as she looked upon the girl. There was something unnerving about the way she looked at her. There was a flicker of something across the Atrisian's face. Sympathy perhaps? Something like compassion? Or maybe she just believed the girl could be useful to her. Then with a telekinetic pull she abruptly undid the girl's shackles.

Mirien couldn't help but oogle the ladies and gentlemen on display for their pleasure. Though she was less the type to touch even in public, for she was even with Siobhan, still a little shy about public displays of affection. Still preferring to keep her more exotic interests behind closed doors.

A smirk danced upon her lips, with a twinkle in her eye as she tossed a wink to her Sio. "Oh, there is no doubt of that." Finally, she did step forward, taking a moment to more closely inspect the Twi'lek. Her eyes wandered slowly over the woman before she timidly reached up and stroked over the beautiful creature's lekku. "Certainly like you... So lovely." Then she reached out and brushed against Siobhan's mind. Is this really what Eldorai parties are like?

For the moment, she merely observed as her lover took in the sights, and pleasures. Her smirk soon turned into a bright smile seeing Siobhan was growing less shy with manlings. It seemed their sessions had been rather effective. "Perhaps we could take him inside, and sample the delights that have been offered us this night?" She asked as she beamed from ear to ear, clearly quite pleased with the state of things.

Most of them are. Well, all those I go too. Believe it or not, there are Eldorai who are prudes. I don't talk to them much, Siobhan responded to Mirien's telepathic brush. The benefits of being Force bended! See, dear reader, it can be assumed that there are Eldorai who are not oversexed. Even those who aren't secret dominatrixes like a certain frost elf. However, we are operating within the limitations of a protagonist-centred viewpoint.

"I agree. But why stop at him? Let's take those two beauties as well," Siobhan declared happily as she took ahold of the leash that was connected to the collar around the manling's neck. He had been...a very good kisser and she liked the muscles. The elf girl and the Twi'lek were very lovely as well. Why settle for one slave when you could have three? And so she would lead her lover and their three playmates into the grand hall of the villa, past the ridiculously beautiful and deadly guardswomen who stood sentinel, ever watchful and vigilant. For a moment Siobhan found herself wondering whether they might be there more to spy on the nobles than to keep them safe. After all, fancy galas and parties were often the perfect cover for clandestine meetings and plots.

The interior of the villa could only be described as magnificient. The opulent wealth on display inside stood in stark contrast to how the average citizen must live. Luxurious carpets covered the marble floors, golden chandeliers hung from the ceiling. Leather armchairs were provided for the guests and likewise there was a large space where they could dance, to the soft sounds of Eldorai classical music. Some of the best native musicians had been flown in to enterain the esteemed guests.

Down the hall an opulent banquet stood ready to be plundered. Even the servants were dressed in fine livery, though both the females and males among were...rather eager to show plenty of skin. Not enough to arouse the ire of the censors of course. For those who wanted to...enjoy themselves out of the public eye, there were secluded areas in the gardens. Across the grand hall countless titled Eldorai ladies of the realm, ministers of the crown and officers were lined up, some of them with courtesans hanging off their arm, feasting or plotting out their latest intrigues and business deals. Among them, luminaries such as an imposing and powerful looking Countess Caridwen Sylvari, the hostess of the grand ball, could be made out, currently in deep conversation with an aunt of the Star Queen and a Captain-General of the Army.

They were dancing on the volcano. That was how it felt like to Tarissa as she made her way through the mass of aristos that had congregated in this pleasure palace. Dancing, drinking and making merry while Kaeshana was less than a year away of being destroyed. A terrible cataclysm, undoubtedly the work of dark forces. A test for the Eldorai people. The Goddess would not leave them.

If she has not abandoned us because we failed. The melancholic, grim thought was treacherous but it still entered her mind. Someone less devout and firm in her beliefs than she might have allowed doubt to cloud her mind and question the existence of the Goddess. But not Tarissa, for she was a true believer. So she put on her game face, exchanged meaningless platitudes with a few aristocrats, and did her best to ignore her mother. Countess Laradrah Cadalthor had not wasted much time to leave her and was now ingratiating herself with Caridwen. No loss really, for Tarissa could not stand the woman who had given birth to her.

Decades of experience in court politics allowed her to suppress the look of pure disdain that threatened to cross her features when she looked upon most of the noblewomen in the great hall. Most of them were fools and imbeciles unworthy of their titles. A good purge would do the aristocracy a lot of good. Time was...running out for Ashira's children. To spend the time partying was frivolous, foolish and simply irresponsible, yet appearances had to be maintained, so here she was. Dressed in an elegant yet surprisingly conservative black dress that had long sleeves and reached down to her ankles. Like every good noblewoman she was leading a 'playmate' on the leash, but she showed little interest in her, although the blonde human servant girl was simply gourgeous. Maybe later a fun romp would cheer her up, but for now she was too distracted. Her features brightened considerably when she saw Siobhan enter, but then she stiffened when she took notice of the stunning brunette who was accompanying her.

Mirien Valdier. Siobhan had mentioned her several times, in truly gushing terms. The Eldorai noblewoman could not suppress a stab of jealousy at the sight, though she did her best to suppress it. Her high heels made little noise on the magnificient carpet as she approached the pair.

Elayne sighed heavily as her green eyes scanned through the grand hall as she stood guard near the far door. For she had been assigned here for a simple reason, the aunt of the Star Queen was here and thus, a certain level of protection was warranted. Though, there was a secondary reason. She was just as much here to spy, as she was to guard, protect and defend.

Glancing down to the watch upon her wrist, she did wonder how long the party would go on for. These kind of events were so not her thing. Elayne didn't even own a pair of heels, much less any sort of party dress. Not to mention, she was one most other Eldorai tended to look down their noses upon, if they were any bit familiar with her and her fondness for the Kar'zun, as well as her shameless sexual adventures that more than made the rounds on the gossip circuits. For there were few as brazen as she when it came to where she chose to have such affairs.

As she looked up, she did loft a brow seeing none other than Siobhan Kerrigan enter the main hall. Can't say I'm surprised .... This kind of party, as keen as she was for pleasures of the flesh last time. Mmmm, that thing she did with her tongue.... Can't say I'd mind that again. Especially in a more public venue. Certainly seems like her kind of party. Gods, I'd love to have a second go at that one. No doubt about it. A thought that warmed her, and admittedly made her heart beat just a little faster for the possibilities of joyous pleasure and endless excitement.

"The more the merrier, I suppose." Mirien said with a grin as she took the leash to the Elf woman and happily led her along. It was strange to her, honestly, this kind of party. Where everyone just about had a playmate on their arms, and pleasures of the flesh were so out and in the open. Never in her life had she experienced such things until she came here to Kaeshana with Siobhan.

Once inside, Mirien's eye was drawn to a stunning redhead Eldorai Angelii. Even she knew redheads among the elvish race were quite rare, and outside of the Priestess, she had not personally seen another. Must be Elanil's twin.... She thought idly as she briefly recalled something in one of her reports mentioning the identical twin of the brilliant Saedaris scientist.

And turning she soon spotted Tarissa heading their direction. A woman she was familiar with from the reports, as well as Siobhan's memories. This was one of the very people that Mirien was watching closely, as she expected the Cadalthor clan to do something incredibly foolish in an attempt to gain the upper hand in what was to come. Far too many people knew for Mirien's liking. And knowing too well what a pit of vipers the Eldorai court was, she trusted no one outside of her personal 'family'.

Stepping forward, the Ice Queen put on a lovely act smiling brightly at the brunette elf. "You must be Tarissa. I've heard so much about you." She said warmly. All trying to put on a show. Keep it simple, and let nothing show. "It's a pleasure to meet you. I'm Mirien, Mirien Valdier."

[member="Mirien Valdier"], [member="Elayne Saedaris"]

Elayne was...very cute. It was no surprise that Siobhan's eyes were drawn to the stunning redhead Eldorai in her shiny armour. The Countess could not help drink in her gourgeous form while she idly ran a hand over the enticing lekku of her Twi'lek slave, liking the fact that the tendrils curled appreciatively around her hand.

She's cute and adventurous. We should invite her to join us, she transmitted to Mirien, making the dark angel feel a brush of the Force against her mind. She gave Elayne a wink, but then detected a chill from Mirien when Tarissa approached them. Few secrets could be kept when you were Force-bonded and so Mirien's distrust did not escape Siobhan's attention. Of course, she could not fault the woman for it. The Eldorai court was a nest of duplicitous vipers that would bite you as soon as you turned her back.

Still..she liked Tarissa. Maybe it was because she resembled Adril. Enough to have complete trust in her? No. Still she gave the woman a bright smile when the Eldorai approached her. "Good to see you again, Tarissa. Lovely slave you got there. Maybe I'll have to borrow her for a while later," she said sweetly,

A lovely act. Bright smiles. Mirien was good. Very good. But Tarissa could not help perceive...distrust. Of course, her own game face gave just as little away and she responded with a similarly flashy smile. Truth be told, part of her...really did not like the woman at all.

She could see the strands that connected her and Siobhan, sense the intimacy between them. Hell, it almost felt like they were talking to each other in their minds. She tried to clamp down on the stab of jealousy that threatened to cut into her. Seeing Siobhan get married to Tegaea had been enough. But she kept her game face on and made to kiss Siobhan, who not resist as she gave loving attention to her lips before pulling away. "It's a pleasure to finally meet you, Mirien. Dear Siobhan has told me so much about you," Tarissa said with warmth that might have appeared genuine. Sweet as honey. Also somewhat fake. Then she glanced over to Siobhan. "You're truly insatiable, not that I'm complaining. I hope you enjoy yourself at this party? Then again it's a banquet of pleasure. Everyone is making merry, paying homage to the power of the divine female and enjoying themselves. Dancing on the volcano."

Her eyes locked for a moment with Siobhan's from across the room. There was a certain amount of jealousy that she felt seeing the Countess stroking the lovely Twi'lek's lekku. For she was on duty, truth be told it felt more like babysitting duty when she totally wanted to join in. Granted, she was no lady and getting actually invited to such a party never happened for her.

She offered a bright smile, and a nod to Sio. If she weren't duty bound the Angelii probably would have raced over and joined in the conversation. There was something else in the air, and Elayne wasn't quite sure what it was. Other than a sense that some danger lay ahead. Frowning, she glanced behind her and then scanned the room quickly hoping to gain some sense of what that feeling meant. Court after all was always a pit of vipers. Someone always making a move to get ahead. Usually typically bloody and gorey moves to remove the opposition.

She sighed heavily, now a little more on guard as the party progressed. Both arms she folded across her chest, a bit on edge herself. That same feeling she got before a battle, she had it now, though it now was just a tiny feeling but slowly growing on her. It's going to be one of those nights. Maybe I should just let them kill each other and end it for all of us. She grumbled internally. It wasn't like she could voice such a thought aloud, not in present company at least. But it was a known fact how she felt about aristos and their petty arguments and jockeying in the Court. All of it left a sour taste upon her lips.

I agree, we should. Cute redhead. Would love to play with her. Redheads are always a blast. Mirien spoke directly to Siobhan's mind once more. Such a beautiful thing it was to be bonded with her and able to have perfectly secure and secret conversations. It made life so much easier.

"As it is to meet you, darling. I hope only good things." She said with a wink to Sio, before she turned back to Tarissa. Still keeping up with that perfect facade, playing the part of nice kind Mirien which in truth very seldom existed. And only then for a number of people for which she could count on one hand. Even she hadn't missed the fakeness in Tarissa's warmth. There was a reason Miri made for a good spook. Knowing another person's emotions like an open book did wonders for her job.

It was about then she felt a tiny sense of danger coming their way. It still seemed distant to her, and just like Elayne she had yet to put her finger on it as she started to glance around the room briefly, trying to figure it out. She hated not knowing, lacking intel as it were. Quite frankly it bugged the hell out of her. Being in the know was something she needed quite desperately. Still somehow she managed to keep up appearances, looking all the happy date for the evening as was her place. Best not to show her cards to anyone outside of Siobhan. No one but the two of them needed to know. At least not for now.

((You can post with Mirien/Elayne again, gonna have assassins show up. Sio get shot at!))

She's jealous of you. I think she's got it backwards. She should be jealous of me for having such a wonderful woman, Siobhan broadcast to Mirien in a telepathic message of pure, unadulterated mushyness of the sort you would get in corny romance novels. Of course, we all know that Mirien secretly read them! Before either Siobhan or Tarissa could say anything more suddenly a severe looking Eldorai woman in a magnificient dress approached them. She was every inch a matriarch, the few lines on her face showed that she was old for an elf, yet did not detract from her beauty. Her long hair was white, aura oozed power and confidence, along with a strong measure of haughtiness. One could immediately see the familial resemblance between her and Tarissa.

"There you are daughter, I see you are mingling with our human...allies," she spoke haughtily, as if Tarissa mingling with people without telling her was a bad thing. One might note that she kept her eyes on Siobhan and Mirien rather than looking directly at Tarissa.

"You seemed engaged in conversation with the Prioress and I thought it respectful to greet two friends of the Queen, Mother. This is...," Tarissa began, tone as respectful as could be imagined, though one could feel a hint of annoyance bleed out of her aura. Suddenly she came across as being a lot less confident than before.

"Lady Kerrigan and her companion Lady Valdier. I know, girl. I do keep an eye on Court politics and on those who have our Queen's ear, my Ashira bless and preserve her," Tarissa's mother spoke, cutting off anything her daughter might have wanted to say. "It is a pleasure to meet you again, Lady Kerrigan." Fake politeness, quite obvious that she did not consider it such.

"Likewise, Countess Cadalthor. Even with events in mind. I hope you enjoy the party."

"Your last presentation about your ideas to facilitate our common was most interesting. Quite the, what is the Basic word, humanitarian you are. Tell me, how are your talks with the Arish go?" Arish was a very derogatory, racist term for Kar'zun. "I question the justice of letting these...things take up the space given to good Eldorai when it is they who are to blame for the coming cataclysm. Many Eldorai will die because of the horror unleashed by them."

It took a lot of Siobhan's self-control not to break the woman's nose. Or choke her with the Force. She may have ended up transmitting some rather amusing and grisly images to Mirien. "A horror unleashed by an extremist minority. I've found the Kar'zun I negotiated with to be very reasonable. You see, unlike some people, they don't want to pursue ancient hatreds in the face of disaster," she said bluntly. "Rest assured I'm devoting every effort to saving as many Eldorai as possible, more than just a small circle. But since the Kar'zun are getting their own ships you will be spared the indignity of seeing them."

If looks could kill, the one Tarissa's mother shot Siobhan would have made the Countess spontaneously combust. "A most noble standpoint, Countess. Very human. I do hope it does not lead to an ill course. If you would excuse me, I have matters to discuss with the Star Queen's aunt. Daughter, do accompany me," she said firmly and then turned away.

That sense in the air of danger was growing, leaving Elayne a bit concerned. I wonder which foolish Aristo started what this time.... Not that I particularly care. Goddess, it's going to be a long night. She thought quietly to herself.

The redhead's eyes met with Mirien's for a brief moment and there seemed to be a slight understanding between them on expression alone. You sense it too, don't you? Of course you do. Finally Elayne pushed herself off the wall and headed for Siobhan and Mirien. Unlike the pair of them Elayne couldn't communicate telepathically. So this would require spoken words. Perhaps Mirien would have a better idea was to what was going on, than she did. Right now, feeling a bit at a loss for pinning down what truly was going on behind the scenes.

[member="Tarissa Cadalthor"]

I noticed. It's hard not to miss with her, but alas you are right. That thought brought about a real smile to her lips, not the usual fake one she had held so far. Though that was all about to change as the Cadalthor matriarch approached. Once more she shifted back into the role she needed to play for the evening.

She lifted a brow to find the woman knew her name. You know it's slightly unnerving when people know who I am. Bothers me.... makes me feel ... vulnerable. She mentioned quietly within Siobhan's mind.

And gods that woman is quite the queen. This explains a few things.... Still keeping up with the conversation to Siobhan, but not speaking. No, right now she was observing. Looking for the small slight clues that most missed. Everyone had their tells after all.

Yes, they don't follow such paths of hatred unlike you, Miss queen. Though that wasn't a thought Mirien shared. Her eyes had drifted back to the floor, and at that moment Elayne caught her attention as the feeling of danger kept going. Things are about to get rough, Sio. I can't shake the feeling that something lethal is heading this way.

Then she turned her attention back to Elayne. Mirien took the time to brush against the redhead's mind, sharing what she knew. Stay where you are. Yes, I sense the danger. Unfortunately I haven't the slightest as to what it is. But it's coming soon. She warned before breaking the connection off.

Things were getting tense. Siobhan's danger senses flared up, but she would not figure out where the threat was coming from. Tarissa departed with her mother, doing her best to maintain perfect pose and not look unhappy. The hall seemed to turn quieter as Lady Sylvari, a regal looking, blondehaired Eldorai, ascended the podium and commanded their attention. "Honoured Ladies of the Matriarchy, Eldorai and human, I bid you greetings and welcome you to my abode," she began, her tone practiced and refined. "Today, we..."

Time seemed to slow and Siobhan was soon no longer paying attention to her words as she tried to search the room for dangers, both with her eye and with the Force, but it was difficult for her to focus. Suddenly there was a prickling in the Force and her eyes were drawn towards the crowd, seeing one of the waitresses reach for...something.

"Assassin!" Even before she had said the words Siobhan sprung into action and wrapped her telekinetic willpower around the waitress. The hand that had been reaching for something inside her uniform broke and a small hold-out blaster dropped out. The waitress began to choke and spasm when Siobhan crushed her throat with an invisible hand. Guards were already rushing towards the scene, but moments before the traitor's life was suddenly ended, a noise was heard.

CRACK The glass window shattered upon being impacted by a high-velocity projectile, making a wave of glass shards spill across the room. Total chaos broke out when everyone realised what was happening. Siobhan gasped loudly. There was a strange burning sensation against her back, but pain was not quite there yet. The Countess collapsed to the ground like a puppet whose strings had been pulled, and suddenly found herself looking up at Mirien. In the shock induced state her hands traveled down against her chest and stomach feeling for some injury. Very soon her hands were coated in her own blood. Her dress was splattered with it. Much blood poured out of her wound. Her chest and an upper portion of her stomach had been badly wounded. "Miri...," she gasped.

Everything happened so quickly, Siobhan saw the assassin before she did and took action. Yet still her danger senses flared up, telling her there was more trouble to come. It wasn't over with the simple waitress. No, there was more to this.

In half a heartbeat, Siobhan was hit, and falling to the floor. So quickly that even Mirien could not stop her fall. Instantly, she knelt beside Sio, her hands firmly pressed to the wound, with much worry in her eyes. It was a nasty wound without a doubt, and unfortunately Miri knew there was little she could do about it. One she was not gifted with any sort of healing skills, no. And two, the assassin was still out there.

"You're going to be alright Siobhan, I promise." She said softly. Though she was already looking up, spreading her sensings out, trying to find the shooter. One way or another that being was going to die tonight. Reaching up with one hand, she grabbed one of the guards as they passed by. "Hold pressure here, and don't budge an inch until the medics arrive." She commanded urgently, in a tone that threatened death if she was not obeyed. This was the woman she loved after all, and if anything happened to her, should she die tonight, Mirien would tear the galaxy apart to get to whoever had done this. No one was going to survive in her path for justice.

"Sio, I don't want to leave you like this ...." But she needed to. Even in heels and a dress, Mirien was determined to find who did this.

After Mirien broke the telepathic communication line, Elayne couldn't help but feel frustrated. That wasn't a skill she had. Not at all. Though she didnt have to wait long for the danger she had been sensing to present itself. The assassin plain as day made her move and Siobhan was quick to end the woman. I will kill whoever started this one ... More than irritated at that point.

Before she really could get far with that thought her danger senses flared up a bit too later as glass shattered and Siobhan went down. Elayne glanced to the window and was already moving, and admittedly angry. Though she couldn't stop for the human, as much as she wanted to, she couldn't stop for the injuried human. It seemed Mirien had a handle on that anyway. And there were others better able to tend to her.

Admittedly the sniper would likely be long gone before she got there, but there was always evidence left behind. Something they could use to find out who was pulling the strings on this little event.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom