Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you feel like the Factory/Codex are necessary?

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
Had a long, drawn out post written up. Realized it was a wall of text and mostly me being grumpy. So, instead of posting that, I'll just say this:

Since the factory has had major changes, I've more or less avoided it like the plague. I love the factory, just not how it is right now. That's just me, however, and my viewpoint.

I agree with Jorus that the factory makes this board unique and I do agree that it's a very neat thing that can be a fun outlet for creativity. I think it's just a matter of balancing the factory itself between function and form. Too much function, you have too much complexity. Too much form and you have a pseudo form of anarchy.

... Now I sound like one of those Sam Adams beer commercials on youtube.

Making new weapons and armor and tech and species and planets etc is fun but isnt mandatory. I would not remove the Factory/Codex but Id promote not using the factory more. I get tired of characters decked in cakes of Phrik, cortosis and Beskar. Same goes for weapons. Rarely do I see people use Canon weapons and there are soo many to pick from.

On a different note [member="Tefka"] nice new avatar xD

Yes.

Without Codex and Factory, how will ship builders produce new ships? How will arms dealers create new weapons? How will armies train special units? How will planets and species be added to the lore and map? Removing these would be a huge mistake as an approved submission adds a degree of viability to merchants, armies, ect. ect.

Needless to say I feel they're an excellent way for the community to have a reliable baseline for their RPs.

Having been on many other RP site where there was no such resource or monitoring it was almost impossible for writers to know about custom created items, places or people another writer had.

Nyx

Insert Hilarious Title Here
I like the Codex.
It's a good way to get critique on your ideas, and help flesh them out. Not to mention, I don't really know how else we would keep track of everything that's created around here.
Same with Factory, though I think people use it a bit too much, sometimes.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Tefka said:
...this is purely hypothetical.
lHUS89A.gif

Matreya

Jorus Merrill said:
Strictly necessary? I don't think so. But to my mind, they're crucial components in the feeling of open possibilities that makes this site so appealing.
Skaarj said:
On a different note [member="Tefka"] nice new avatar xD
This as well. Also, [member="Ember Rekali"]. I remember back when he was young.

Sovra

President of the New Trade Federation
[member="Tefka"]

Don't you dare get rid of them!

They offer creativity, and allow people to create companies, species, and more. Without them, this site just wouldn't be the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom